President Trump Welcomes “Justin From Canada” Back to The White House…

President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump welcome Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Sophie Gregoire Trudeau back to the White House.

By all media accounts, especially those from Canada, the primary purpose of Trudeau’s visit is to firm up support for NAFTA.  Prior to the bilateral meeting between the two leaders, Trudeau was lobbying the congressional GOPe Ways and Means Committee to rebuke the America-First economic policies of President Trump.

[Transcript Here]

Isn’t it interesting how heads of foreign governments feel so comfortable coming to the U.S., engaging with Washington DC politicians and openly attempting to eliminate the national economic policy interests of a sitting U.S. President (and American workers)?

No, really… think about that.  If you ever needed to remind your family, friends and neighbors of how thoroughly our national economic sovereignty has been destroyed, simply put the reality of foreign leaders lobbying Washington DC to retain their global interests into the context of any conversation…. then ask them to think about it.

Name another country that would even fathom allowing such activity.

That look!  I can’t even….

Oval Office1:57 P.M. EDT – PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you all very much. I very much appreciate it. We are here with a man who has become a friend of mine, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mrs. Trudeau. Thank you so much. Appreciate it.

And we are discussing many things, including NAFTA. But we have discussions scheduled for quite a few subjects, and I think we both look very much forward. And I want to just tell you, Justin, great honor to have you both with us. Thank you. Thank you very much.

PRIME MINISTER TRUDEAU: Thank you. It’s great to be back here in the Oval Office. As the President said, a lot of things to discuss. We have an incredibly close relationship — two countries that are interwoven in our economies, cultures, and in our peoples.

But we have a good partnership, and there’s always ways to improve it — always issues we need need to talk through. And that’s why having an ongoing, constructive relationship between the President and the Prime Minister is really important. And I’m glad to be able to meet with you here again today.

Merci beaucoup.

Q (Speaks in French.) (No translation provided.)

PRIME MINISTER TRUDEAU: (Speaks in French.) (No translation provided.)

Q Mr. President, is NAFTA dead?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: We’ll see what happens. We have a tough negotiation, and it’s something that you will know in the not-too-distant future. But we are going to be discussing NAFTA, and we’ll be discussing defense because we have a great — I mean, these are truly great and original allies, and their mutual defense is very important.

And I guess we’ll also be discussing mutual offense, which people don’t mention too often. But offense is part of defense.

So we have many things to talk about, but NAFTA will certainly be a big factor today. Okay?

Q Do you want to increase the nuclear arsenal?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No, I never discussed increasing it. I want it in perfect shape. That was just fake news by NBC, which gives a lot of fake news, lately.

No, I never discuss — I think somebody said I want ten times the nuclear weapons that we have right now. Right now, we have so many nuclear weapons. I want them in perfect condition, perfect shape. That’s the only thing I’ve ever discussed.

General Mattis put out a statement, or is putting out a statement, saying that that was fake news — that it was just mentioned that way. And it’s, frankly, disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write. And people should look into it.

No, I want to have absolutely perfectly maintained — which we are in the process of doing — nuclear force. But when they said I want ten times what we have right now, it’s totally unnecessary. Believe me. Because I know what we have right now.

Q You want no increase whatsoever? You’re happy —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: We won’t need an increase, but I want modernization and I want total rehabilitation. It’s got to be in tip-top shape.

Q Mr. President, you said that NAFTA just needed some little tweaks. What changed?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, I don’t think anything changed. We’re negotiating a NAFTA deal. It’s time, after all of these years, and we’ll see what happens. It’s possible we won’t be able to make a deal, and it’s possible that we will. We have a great personal relationship, and we have a relationship now as two countries, I think, that’s as close as ever.

But we’ll see if we can do the kind of changes that we need. We have to protect our workers, and, in all fairness, the Prime Minister wants to protect Canada and his people also. So we’ll see what happens with NAFTA, but I’ve been opposed to NAFTA for a long time. In terms of the fairness of NAFTA, I said we’ll renegotiate. And I think Justin understands this: If we can’t make a deal, it’ll be terminated and that will be fine. They’re going to do well; we’re going to do well, but maybe that won’t be necessary. But it has to be fair to both countries.

Q Mr. President, do you think there should be limits on what the press should write?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No, the press should speak more honestly. I mean, I’ve seen tremendously dishonest press. It’s not even a question of distortion, like the question that was just asked before about ten times the nuclear capability. I know the capability that we have, believe me, and it is awesome. It is massive.

And so when they make up stories like that, that’s just made up. And the generals will tell you that. And then they have their sources that don’t exist. In my opinion, they don’t exist. They make up the sources. There are no sources.

Any other question?

Q When are you going to decide what happens to NAFTA?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: We’ll decide over the next fairly short period of time, but I think it’s going to work out very well for both countries and Mexico.

Q What’s your thinking on the Iran Deal right now?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: You’re going to see very soon. We’re going to be announcing that very shortly.

Q If you can’t make a deal with Mexico, would you still want free trade with Canada?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: What?

Q If you cant reach a deal with Mexico, can you envision still having free trade with Canada?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Oh, sure. Absolutely. It’s possible we won’t be able to reach a deal with one or the other. But in the meantime, we’ll make a deal with one. But I think we have a chance to do something very creative that’s good for Canada, Mexico, and the United States.

Q How was your lunch with Secretary Tillerson?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Very good. You mean last week? John, you’re so far behind the times. Do you mean today or last week? Because today I didn’t have lunch with him.

No, I had a lunch last week, and we had a very good lunch. We have a very good relationship. The press really doesn’t understand that, but that’s okay. We actually have a very good relationship.

What else?

Q Are you on the same page on North Korea?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I think I have a little bit different attitude on North Korea than other people might have.

Q And your Secretary?

But I think I might have a somewhat different attitude and a different way than other people. I think perhaps I feel stronger and tougher on that subject than other people, but I listen to everybody. And ultimately, I will do what’s right for the United States and, really, what’s right for the world. Because that’s really a world problem; that’s beyond just the United States. That’s a world problem, and it’s a problem that has to be solved.

Thank you very much everybody. Thank you.

Q If NAFTA doesn’t work out, would you seek a deal with each individual country?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I would. Yes. I would see that. Yes.

Thank you, everybody.

END 2:04 P.M. EDT

Here’s the welcome video:

This entry was posted in Canada, Economy, Legislation, media bias, NAFTA, President Trump, propaganda, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

202 Responses to President Trump Welcomes “Justin From Canada” Back to The White House…

1. Brian L says:

Good luck Justin, better start thinking about your government’s budget not being underwrit by American taxpayers pretty soon.

2. decisiontime16 says:

Sundance, I couldn’t agree more with every word of your article.

• Paul from Canuckistan says:

I am not one to beg….
      But Mr. President please have mercy on Justin from Canada
      Bye the bye…
      FLOTUS even makes him look like Just Plain Justin

3. BAM says:

Interesting choice of clothing from FLOTUS. Very business like, yet distinctly feminine.

4. Sylvia Avery says:

It shocks me to my core each time I read about the Chinese, or Canada, or whatever country lobbying our Congress to do what is best for their country rather than what is best for the US.

Why don’t the Senators and Reps chase them right out of their offices???? Don’t bother, I know the answer. Money. But it fricken makes me ill.

5. Johnny Bravo says:

Pipsqueak TrodOn, such a little girl

6. Kathy says:

Bummer … I was SO hoping for a socks-and-stilettos photo!

7. fedback says:

Lobbying the congressional GOP should be a piece of cake for Justin from Canada

8. POP says:

“Name another country that would even fathom allowing such activity.”

Indeed. In Australia the Chinese govt has been attempting to “lobby” (threaten) Universities with Chinese students to teach history compliant with Bejing’s view of the world.
    The public disgust made the front page of “The Australian”.

9. Justin is such an arrogant prick.

10. sundance says:

11. Jen MG says:

Nice socks, Justin. This is like a negotiation between a Lynx and an underweight, premature kitten (with sexy, beta-male argyle socks of course).

12. iamanamerican says:

The best part is ” PRESIDENT TRUMP: And I listen to everybody, but ultimately my attitude is the one that matters, isn’t it? That’s the way it works. That’s the way the system is”. More than NOKO, the MSMs are now sweating out more. Hilarious..

13. treehouseron says:

Justin from Canada can’t possibly think that we’re going to concede any of the b.s. talking points the Canadian negotiator has asked for in the NAFTA renegotiations.

It’s like a lot of this is just window dressing….

• FrenchNail says:

Actually, no. Justin is actually so smug and infatuated with himself that as all libs do, he thinks that he will prevail. In their minds, any opposition to their points of view is nothing less than a temporary moment of ignorance and inferior intellect at work which will correct itself once confronted with the superior truth. He is an elitist. He considers PT as a temporary inconvenience. He is not visiting the President of the US, he is cooping with a man-child temporarily occupying the White House.

14. Corticram says:

Our PM I such a narcissistic little boy. Selfies and socks are his only claim to fame.

• chbailey says:

When they turned to walk through the door after the Welcome, the PM put his hands behind his back and intertwined his fingers with a bit of a saunter. He reminded me of Britain’s Prince Charles… Hi EU!
      In translating his opening into French, is he speaking to French Canadians? Strikes me as odd.

• Here’s what I cannot understand about us Canadians: Trudeau’s inheritance , from what I understand, is still in a trust fund. His father did not trust him enough with his inheritance to let him have control of it. Yet we Canadians give him control over Canada’s revenue…our tax dollars? To a person who only worked part time as a drama teacher???

We gotta vote him out as PM in the next election!

• bverwey says:

With you on that point. Conservative Simcoe-Grey.

• Dekester says:

We have little chance of any changes. The Liberals and Conservatives up here are Uniparty on Steroids. Add the CBC to the mix, and you have a stalemate

Too bad Quebec’s did not leave when they had their “ Brexit” moment.

Maybe we get lucky and ride the Lions coattails. I hope so.

God bless PDJT

• sadsack says:

I just came back from a trip to Nova Scotia. So many people there are politically disengaged and think our ‘mental midget’ Trudeau is a great PM. We are in such trouble!!!

The only hope we have in western canada is to separate!

• Well, I think we have another hope…other than separation – and that is to pray…a lot; that there is a silent majority that will come out to vote in full force, and that common sense returns to our nation.

The Americans were in similar circumstances; it appeared that it was given the HRC would be the next POTUS, and looked what happened. I believe it was a combination of grit, the silent majority making sure to vote, and finally, the faith in God of the silent majority. I was watching. There were many prayers for the Nov 8 election in the USA.

• chbailey says:

I lived in Jeddore Oyster Pond, NS. Many trips to Halifax. I loved it there.
            Canada is a huge country plus the territories. How can this current kind of centralized governance in the eastern part of Canada be designed for all Canadian citizens and all economic regions in Canada? Imho, it can’t and it doesn’t.
            Spoken as an American first…may God save the…the country of Canada.

15. FL_GUY says:

So Justin is in town begging daddy to not take the T-Bird away.

16. chojun says:

With President Trump’s fallback position of a failed NAFTA renegotiation as negotiating bilateral trade deals with the original NAFTA parties, there’s really no losing position the US could take other than to keep the status-quo on NAFTA.

The problem that Canada and Mexico are then faced with is that NAFTA will not remain unchanged through this process and that if the US does not see a more favorable position at the end of the process than at the beginning then the US will withdraw entirely from NAFTA.

Ergo, the renegotiation of NAFTA is just a circular clusterf*k for Mexico and Canada because all the trade assumptions their governments have established their economies on are going to change in the future, resulting in the US having more leverage over trade negotiations – which includes more sunlight on downstream trade deals and enforcement mechanisms.

With the US taking the position of exit NAFTA, and Mexico/Canada the position of save it at all costs, I think we’re going to see some pretty significant concessions being made, some of which may significantly box China out of the North American markets.

Long story short the whole process, basically no matter what happens, will be a WIN for the United States in almost every scenario. I love seeing the picture of Trudeau and Pena Nieto sweating because that’s EXACTLY what they’re doing right now.

17. treehouseron says:

How is it that Melania looks more manly than Justin from Canada in that picture

18. Queensland Kel says:

Was in Canada/USA in June. the First Nation people in a part of Alberta near the Montana border were calling Truedeau ‘Truedope’

19. treehouseron says:

Justin’s sister is very pretty 🙂

20. Landslide says:

I’m titling the picture of the 4 of them “The power couple and the wannabees”👍🏻 What a contrast!!!

21. Just Curious says:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was informed that our president can nullify this terrible trade deal called NAFTA on his own, and that there is nothing these swamp creatures can do about it, even if they were paid in advance to keep it in place. If I am wrong, then may God help all of us….

22. Summer says:

Justin from Canada has a very pretty wife. That’s the only nice thing I can say about this girly man.

23. Your Tour Guide says:

My shiny teeth that glistennnn
    just like a Christmas tree…..

You know they walk a mile
    just to see me smile

my shiny teeth and me

(shiny teeth, shiny teeth)

( hat tip to Fairly Odd Parents)

• My shiny teeth so awesome
      just like your favorite song.
      My shiny teeth I floss ’em
      so they’ll grow to be real strong.

My shiny teeth I love them
      and they all love me.
      Why should I talk to you
      when I’ve got thirty-two.

My shiny teeth and me.
      (shiny teeth, shiny teeth)

LOL Childhood flashbacks! 😀

24. fleporeblog says:

There is absolutely NOTHING that Justin, Nieto, Tom Donohue, CoC, Big Club, Globalist, Democrats, Rhinos, MSM etc. can do to persuade our President when it comes to NAFTA. He doesn’t give a rats ass what they think or what they want. His one and only priority is the American people.

I absolutely LOVE the fact that once he signs the EO to terminate NAFTA, the six month countdown begins. During that time, he will have a deal reached with Canada. Mexico is is a bad position because Nieto will be leaving office sometime in the Spring/Summer. They may not want to finalize a bilateral deal with him still in office. However, the pressure on the country may dictate that they finalize a deal as soon as possible.

The day the EO is signed will be amazing! There may not be enough popcorn for the enjoyment we will see as the folks I referenced above come out crying and telling the world America is doomed because of that decision. However, the Stock Market will take off letting Americans know that the decision was a sound decision.

It will also kill them when the 4th Quarter GDP comes in at 3.5% or higher. They won’t know what to say! The Economic Train will not be STOPPED!

25. wyntre says:

BETA MALE in the HOUSE!

26. MfM says:

Trump has been to Saudi Arabia, Israel, Italy, Vatican City, Belgium, The Palestinian Authority, Poland, Germany and France. (I think I got them all right) Trump is also planning another overseas trip with many more countries he’s visiting.

Trump hasn’t been to Canada… and this is Trudeau’s second visit!

I’m pretty sure Canada was Obama’s first trip!

• CiscoKid says:

Quite amazing how much work a President can do when he’s not goofing off playing golf, taking multiple vacations each year, riding a bicycle and taking selfies
      Yep, we’ve got ourselves a real working President.

• chbailey says:

The POTUS has been to Australia and New Zealand I think, but no other Commonwealth country. He put his trip to the UK on hold until the British public supports his trip there. Has the Canadian PM invited President Trump and/or what is the status of Canadians on a visit by our President?

• deanfitz says:

The POTUS has not been to Australia and New Zealand.You are FAKE news

• chbailey says:

I’m not “reporting news”…I’m commenting, a comment that said “I think”, which means that I haven’t spent time “researching” and providing links. The point was to discuss. You haven’t bothered to provide any accurate information or discuss anything. Sheesh. Get some ideas to contribute, hey?

• winky says:

MfM….Yes and that is when Obama and Trudeau met and fell in love!

27. In Az says:

Justin from Canada wanted to show President Trump that he (Justin) is serious about NAFTA negotiations so he wore argyle socks instead of the bright pink socks he showed off while in Europe.

It is sickening that foreign governments go directly to the politicians to undermine the USA, and more disturbing is that the politicians welcome it and help destroy us.

28. Laura says:

From the interview:

“Q Are you on the same page on North Korea?

Q And your Secretary?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: And I listen to everybody, but ultimately my attitude is the one that matters, isn’t it? That’s the way it works. That’s the way the system is.”

[SNORT!]

Love Trump’s final reply to this question! Yeah, that’s all that matters here, Mr. President! You de BOSS!

29. robins111 says:

For the love of Gawd. Don’t get Sophie singing. If you have to listen to that Caterwauling you’ll nuke Canada sure as hell

30. HolyLoly says:

What a pervy looking Prime Minister. In the one pic, he looks like he’s fantasizing about propositioning our president.

31. daughnworks247 says:

When I read Trudeau was heading to Congress first, BEFORE the White House, I just about flipped.
    Get him out!
    Keep his coat!

32. jmclever says:

Our President and Melania make the “leadership” in Canada look like the children they are! That one photo tells it all. Adults are back in charge of North America!

33. NYGuy54 says:

The French description for Justin from Canada is dumas.

34. Kaco says:

It’s hard to believe a real life pajama boy in charge of a country.

• olderwiser21 says:

Kaco -perfect description! Love it!

• NewNonna!!! says:

Well, goodness, we had our very own pj girly-man in charge of ours for 8 terrifyingly, long, years filled w so many blood pressure raising days.

But I feel for our good Deplorable neighbors to our north. And I thank God, not every day, but with gratitude in my heart, every MINUTE of every day for our Lion, President Trump.

Thank You, God!

35. Just Curious says:

Thank you Flep. It took me a while to gather enough nerves to post a thanking note to you. It is refreshing to read all these comments today and to see what our patriotic president will do next for MAGA versus what has happened to us in the previous eight years….

36. youme says:

This kind of stuff is spreading like wildfire…starting in the re-education camps…er, I mean schools:
    Title of ‘chief’ phased out across the Toronto District School Board

The Toronto school board will no longer have chief financial or chief communications officers, as the board finalizes efforts to change titles out of respect for Indigenous people.

• dayallaxeded says:

Wow, you just can’t make this shiite up! Pretty sure “chief” is an Anglo word and that American Indians had their own words for their leaders. Seriously, progzis have their heads so far up their backsides, they can’t see or imagine anything beyond that view.

37. He looks positively womanish in that photo. Ewwww.

38. Rumsfelt says:

Shots fired! I could barely keep from my sides from splitting watching JUSTIN (a beta male if there’s no theres ever one!) watch our President!. Canada and Mexico are going to lose and they’re going to lose huge! That look on his face is that realization….all this lacked was Charlie Daniels with a breadstick entering stage left, pointing it at Justin and saying “thats how you do it son!” 😂😂😂😂

39. KenG says:

Can we discuss the photo setup? Why the military flags, and why is the President wearing a solid tie?

40. Eric Kennedy says:

When I see Trudeau, this clip immediately comes to mind…

• lastinillinois says:

Aaaaaaa hahaha hahaha
      Perfect placement for this. Thanks for posting, haven’t seen this in ages.

• Doyle says:

Great insert.
        Unfortunately, in 2017, this would have been condemned in Trudeaupia as a racist all white attack on the pristine natural forest, “1st Nation’s” aboriginals and the environment as well as demeaning to all women..

41. kinthenorthwest says:

Did he got to complain to Trump about the Northern border not being secure enough since Canada is now overloaded with illegals & refugees who decided to take him up on his invite.

42. Doyle says:

Confession–I am a Canadian that maintains his political sanity by occasionally connecting with various American Conservative opinion sites (especially CTH) that offer rational and informative political opinions.

IMO. this “friendly” WH meeting was a total sham. As the host, President Trump had to be cordial and welcoming, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Trudeau’s despise Trump and his policies. Justin’s ruinous economic policies like cancelling 2 major pipelines (a North Western and an Eastern pipeline from Alberta) will drastically reduce GDP growth and send it into a downward trend now that companies have spent over a billion dollars planning and preparing the pipeline construction only to have Justin move the goal posts and discourage investment. Alberta’s already lost thousands of jobs when oil prices tanked and Trudeau has ensured major job increases are unlikely now. He is desperately trying to save NAFTA , Canadian jobs and the surplus that could and should (for Americans) go back to the USA including the car and auto parts’ plants.

The Canadian media chooses to disseminate the worst attacks and lies on Trump from the lefty American MSM and it has helped sway the minds of most Canadians against Trump. I sat down to watch a hockey game recently and was outraged when a panel of low information biased lefty analysts on Sportsnet (Canada’s ESPN) berated Captain Crosby and his Penguin team mates for going to the WH to visit Trump. They droned on and on about how they wished the Penguins had thought about what they were doing and how disgusting their visit was etc.I wrote a controlled but critical comment about Sportsnet’s politically biased attacks on the Penguins and Trump but my comment was “disabled.”
    Beneath the strained and “very fake” smiles of Justin and Sophie, hate and contempt were seething within them as well as a sick sense of their own moral and ethical superiority. Trump reads people very well and their fake friendliness and inner revulsion must have been obvious to him–sundance read them perfectly. .

• MfM says:

Contempt also that JT has had to make a second trip to the U.S. and Pres. Trump still hasn’t visited Canada.

• lastinillinois says:

Hockey announcers actually politicized the game they were showing ?
      By criticizing the American Pres and a team who would visit the White House?

Amazing.
      I honestly can’t remember an American hockey announcer mentioning anything regarding another country’s politics (and ive been watching hockey for over 50 years – actually watching Pens/Caps right now).

• Doyle says:

Illinois:
        It was a Regional (Not a National) Canadian broadcast during a game between the Ottawa Senators.and the Canucks. A guy named Dan Murphy hosted the panel and a lefty reporter Ian MacIntyre and another irritating chap whose name I never learned were the anti Trumpist “sport’s reporters.” I guess they figured the Pens hockey team visiting the WH was a sports story and a great opportunity for them to bash Trump and anyone that supported him in any way. I wish I could have linked to a clip of it.

• chbailey says:

Thank you for your insight, this is very sad to read. I agree re PM and wife and diplomats, as in, who are these people? I am wondering how much influence England has on the governance of Canada that may predispose Canada to globalism.

43. Trudeau is the king of the beta male orbiters. He oozes femininity. He disgusts me and I cringe when I look at him. It’s unnatural. Zero respect.

44. AggregateOfDeplorables says:

The Canadian system tends to bring relatively savvy operators through the system, but Truedeau seems like an outlier. He’s either the greatest Canadian intelligence officer or he’s the owner of what can only be described as middling intelligence. Nothing about him seems to represent the types of politicians who’ve come before. He seems like a fop.

45. GoldenReT says:

Sorry that the POTUS has to tolerate this sorry excuse for a PM. Since Canada and the US are both big sporting nations is it possible for us to trade Justin for a second round draft pick and future considerations? (any sport, any team) I’m begging here!

46. justfactsplz says:

President Trump and Secretary Tillerson are both crazy like a fox. That have this. They have it all. No worries.

47. Bendix says:

I look at the picture at the top, the start of the video, and I love, love, LOVE it that this is who they have to deal with when they come here on their sneaky missions.

48. I usually don’t talk fashion, but POTUS wearing the red power tie and FLOTUS in the pantsuit look ready for real business.

49. Dazza says:

100% Canada’s own Obama.
    Currently planning on taxing anything and everything.
    I continue to recommend that my clients are overweight in US equities and other assets.
    Canadians, other than Dekester and others on here, have no idea what is going on and what is coming.

50. David R. Graham says:

The business of the USA is not business.  It is national sovereignty.