September 22nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #246

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,579 Responses to September 22nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #246

1. youme says:

Dear @realDonaldTrump ; you need to hire me to interpret for you what Yellen and the federal reserve are trying to do to you & how the treasury market proves it

2. duchess01 says:

WHITE HOUSE LIVE – 09/22/2017

3:30 PM EDT
    Vice President Pence Delivers Remarks to the Community Regarding Health Care and Tax Reform
    Anderson, IN
    Audio Only

3. andi lee says:

Current: FOIA Request for HRC emails netted “private citizen” ‘standards’ response from DOJ as if, HRC, the “private citizen”, not HRC, the “public official”. Lois Lerner, anyone?

Plus, excerpt:

A blast from the past!
    Heated exchange from Chair Chaffetz, Rep Gowdy & Rep Lynch over PAGLIANO immunity deal.
    (did they forget camera was rolling?) 😂

• andi lee says:

Oh! Did it again! *FBI, not DOJ.

• mimbler says:

And this is something Sessions could correct with a phone call.
      It isn’t possible to credibly defend Wray and Sessions for the obstruction to FOIA going on in their departments.
      I worked for the FAA, and I guarantee, the person in charge made the decision on things that would go public, and it didn’t matter what the troops wanted.

• Garrison Hall says:

Sessions behavior speaks for itself. There are things that demand attention. If he can’t do that, he needs to go.

• MVW says:

Look, when Newt spells it out on Hannity, Trump knows it, that the Septic Swamp is now in his house, in his DOJ (assuming Sessions and the FBI are not active in dealing with the illegal use of wire taps). A billboard spelling it out in front of the White House could not be more plain. Samantha Powers, Rice, Clapper, Comey, Lynch, and finally Obama are dirty with corruption of their offices.

To let this slide is a precedent that will kill our republic. Forget Radioactive Kim. This is where the oak tree rots from the inside and fails in a mild breeze.

• Bendix says:

I don’t think they went that far just to cover for Hillary. They went that far to make sure the man behind all this, Barack Obama, was not exposed.
      What sort of dirt does Hillary have on him, that he hasn’t had her kicked to the curb by now?
      Before the election, there were two reasons. Daniel Greenfield’s article the other day helps explain one, they couldn’t have anybody but a Clinton or Bush getting in there and seeing all that he’s done. The second reason, probably the DNC needed her cash.
      But now? Why hasn’t she been dealt with? It has to be because she will talk.
      That means there has to be something out there even worse than what we know.

• The Boss says:

“…That means there has to be something out there even worse than what we know.”

Something bad enough that Crooked Hillary warned about them all “hanging by nooses” if Trump became President. Hanging is a punishment for high treason, or firing squad if the condemned is a military veteran. Yeah – Crooked knows something.

• law4lifeblog says:

Bendix, does anybody think when Bill and Hill were selling the US in exchange for hundreds of millions in donations and speaking fees that Obama wasn’t getting a taste???

• Judith says:

There’s been a Bush or a Clinton in the White House since 1980. Before that, GHW Bush ran the CIA. So “cleanup in aisle six” doesn’t quite cut it now. It’s a bit simplistic to suggest that Sessions alone can make a dent in all that crony corruption. However, I believe the “White Hats” have the goods on them all, and that is President Trump’s insurance policy. He won’t be going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Now, if only we had a congress that would approve key staff appointments and remove all those bad judges.. well, let’s just say that voters will have a key role in draining that swamp.

• MaineCoon says:

They not only know each others deep dark secrets they were also co-conspirators in many of them.

4. NJF says:

Meme of the day.

5. MfM says:

I wonder how much money Trump is saving by staying in his own property instead of some hotel in NYC?

The SS don’t have to set up all new security because they have been there before. Trump I’m sure feels more rested staying in his own place instead of a hotel (no matter how swanky).

6. Ivehadit says:

This article is REAL. It is NOT FAKE NEWS. It is on AL.com and has nothing to do with apple news.
    A lesson on Roy Moore from his former law school professor
    Please read and pass on!!

Bannon, Palin, etc have made a BIG MISTAKE. STAND WITH THE PRESIDENT!

• guru1966 says:

Ivehadit, you might not realize it, but al.com is about as liberal a site as you’ll find in Alabama. (other than “Left in Alabama”, which is always good for a laugh).
      This Guy Martin chap who wrote the hit piece you shared is, as nearly as I can research, the exact same age as Roy Moore (70). What that tells me is that they were both in their late 20s when Moore was his student. I can imagine that Martin, as a young, inexperienced adjunct professor (likely non-tenured and part-time), fresh out of law school himself, would be intimidated by any student who was his same age. Especially one like Moore who graduated from West Point and earned the nickname “Captain America” in Vietnam.

• sunnydaysall says:

I have noticed that even Breitbart will not post the full debate from last night! They cherry-picked phrases from Moore and created whole articles on that alone…Moore has nothing to run on! Moore is a renegade, an army of one and most of Alabama knows this! Moore does not get along with anyone! He will stop a vote because of his opinion, and his opinion only! He will not work for our POTUS because he will run the show! I am warning Alabama, my home, you know Roy Moore and you know he is a loose cannon and a #NeverTrumper! https://youtu.be/d56kZiYse9o

I saw “no low energy” from Strange, only confusion and low concentration from Moore!

• guru1966 says:

So many of you throw around the phrase “NeverTrumper” as if it had no meaning.
          It does, and Roy Moore isn’t one.
          We need to stop turning “NeverTrumper” into the same thing as the media’s obsession with and misuse of “Russian collusion”.

• Cozette says:

Guru Moore is backed by the Never Trump wing of the GOP including the truly vicious Evan McMullin. That is why people call Moore Never Trump. Plus Moore does not back the GOP Healthcare Bill and would vote to keep Obama care instead. He said he would ONLY vote for a full repeal. He also opposes President Trumps Tax Plan and Infrastructure Plan. Perhaps he’s more accurately described an Almost Always Never Trumper backed by the Always Never Trumpers in the GOP. Backing President Trump seems like a no brainer.

• singingsoul says:

Bannon , Gorka, Palin and Cohmer have lost mine and my husband’s respect. I will remember that they split the Alabama republican vote. They in process if they keep doing it to split Trump’s coalition. I wonder if they plan to do this in every State..?
              America First is what I am about and that is why supported President Trump.

• Trumppin says:

I like palin but we must be honest she has backed every Tea party candidate that turned out to be yet another RINO…. bad track record of support!

• MVW says:

Ever thought that blackmail threats on friends, family, bribes, threats of violence, etc are being used? Or the politicians are sold the party line tale of play along for now, later you can do more of what needs to be done when you have more power?

What about Ms Love? I thought she was the real deal and she quickly filled her boots with swamp. Backroom deals.

• Trumppin says:

of course i am aware of the DC swamp – but let’s not insult our intelligence here… she backed McCain, she ran with McCain… many of her endorsements went rogue – her record is dismal

• law4lifeblog says:

uh, does no one here recall that, before Bannon/Palin/Gorka were involved, Moore had already gotten the most primary votes?

• guru1966 says:

Exactly, law4!
                  They don’t want facts to get in the way of their narrative. And, they get a little testy when facts are presented. Careful, or you’ll be called a “NeverTrumper” like me. 🙂
                  And I’ve been on the Trump Train from Day One.

Oops… cue the posters saying, “But, but, but,… if you don’t vote for Strange…blah blah blah…”

• law4lifeblog says:

It’s so rabid today i’m starting to think some of that $30 million from the Swamp for Strange got spread around in some unexpected places…yikes!!!!

• Kaco says:

He also hired Never Trump people to run his campaign.

The Dems are pushing for Moore because they want to run against him, easier target.

He will be like the Pat Buchanan ticket or possibly that Akin. (mistakenly said Robertson earlier). He’s said many things to turn off moderates, independents, and libertarians. This could well tip to a Dem win, hard conservatives probably don’t have the numbers in the general. And the Dems will mobilize if they think there’s a chance.

Republicans might just flip, too, as we’ve seen written here by some, because they’re worried about jobs in Alabama and think the Dem would maintain or increase over Moore.

This does affect the whole nation because we have a slim majority in the Senate as it is.

We don’t need another Rand Paul if he did win.

President Trump has said he’d never lie to us. He’s had multiple tweets praising Strange and says he needs him.

• guru1966 says:

Kaco, if you were from Alabama and more in tune with this campaign, you’d know WHY he didn’t hire the usual GOP consultants and campaign managers. McConnell and his gang threatened anyone who considered taking a job with ANY of the other 9 or 10 candidates in the GOP primary. How’s that for Gestapo tactics?
              The more you know…

• sunnydaysall says:

I know what #NeverTrumper means and I know what and who they are! They wear the name like a badge of honor and they will be conservative to your face and stab you with a globalist knife in your back! I fought in the #NeverTrumper wars for POTUS before the election and Moore is a #NeverTrumper! His wife is a #NeverTrumper! They are Ted Cruz ideologues and Cruz has not forgiven the POTUS! I did 2 years for candidate Trump and I have seen them all at work, and with Andrew gone at Breitbart, it is #NeverTrumper heaven! I do not throw the term around lightly but I do give the devil his dues! Oh, and have I told you? I hate #NeverTrumpers! They are worse than liberals and lower than snakes in the grass!

• Coldeadhands says:

Rand Paul redeux.

• Tom22ndState says:

Agreed, I watched the debate last night and witnessed Moore’s attack- dog performance and was repulsed. I voted for Moore but will now vote for Big Luther as I trust my President.

• Cozette says:

The piece was a well written explanation of his concerns about Moore based on his personal experiences which are born out by Moore’s later actions. Moore was removed TWICE from his position on the Alabama SC. It helped me understand why President Trump is working so hard to defeat him. Trump needs a team mate, someone who will have his back. Moore is NOT a team player. FYI Moore said he would vote against Grahams Healthcare bill “because it’s not a full repeal.” In other words Moore would vote to keep Obamacare. Why on earth would anyone who supports President Trump want another ideologue like Rand in the Senate?

• law4lifeblog says:

Cozette, PT would NOT have endorsed Strange were Strange not the sitting incumbent (corruptly appointed) senator with the power over many, many Senate votes between now and the next swearing in. Strange is the exact opposite of PT’s brand…..this nonsense that PT considered all of Luther’s sterling qualities and waxed so orgasmic over Luther that he is “working so hard to defeat” Moore is absolutely crazy.

• Ivehadit says:

Guru, I know exactly what AL.com is. The question is not about what AL.com is but about the content of the article. AL.com is reputable whether you like their persuasion or not. I am no fan of theirs-my point is only that they are not a fake news site.

And we are all trying to tell you that Moore is a problem. He is not a supporter of Trump. He does not like Trump and insulted him personally last night (and I am told in emails last year). NOT OK.

• Plain Jane says:

I shouldn’t even chime in on this, because I know so little about Moore, but every time I see his pic my radar goes on and points to Cruz type of personality. Moore scares me.

• Tonawanda says:

CTH poster WrightorwrongAl is a highly dependable poster.

I may have missed it, but I have not seen her first hand assessment of Moore posted here recently. (I have seen tweets on twitter).

She says very persuasively that Moore is a narcissistic lunatic who WILL be big trouble for Trump because that is just Moore’s way of doing things.

I trust Trump and WrightorwrongAl 100% on this.

• singingsoul says:

Alabama seems hell bend to give Trump Moore a Cruz clone and that is why Bannon supports him. I red on Fox about Gorka and Palin in Alabama for Moore and it told me all I need to know about Gorka and Palin. They are not supporting MEGA.
        I was a fan of Gorka no more.

• Voter turnout for the primary was 17% – low based on predictions. In the recent polls, they are polling Republicans that voted in at least 1 primary for up to five years ago. Why go back so far? Moore voters are the evangelicals that vote in every primary. When I voted in General, a poll worker said that third or fourth person was new and someone she didn’t know. Small town and all.

Turnout for Trump in general was 62 percent of Alabama’s 3.3 million eligible voters. Trump is coming to round up his army of voters who aren’t being polled. He didn’t physically come to Al for this primary. The new voters and dem crossover votes that more than likely didn’t vote in this primary will be voting Tuesday.

Alabama is hard to poll because we don’t register by party.

• sunnydaysall says:

She is so correct, Tonawanda!! I have been blasting this info for days! Moore will not work with the POTUS or for the American people!! He will work for himself, Moore… The #NeverTrumpers see Moore as their henchman in their war against our POTUS! Right now there is plotting and planning by this group to unseat our POTUS “before” the next election, and they will grab at anything they feel will benefit that undoing! Moore is their man! Just look at Breitbart News! It is the bastion for #NeverTrump country and Moore is their guy!

• beachgrammie says:

Seems to be a lot of people determined to have deaf ears to POTUS’ requests. Even if Moore were the most wonderful candidate ever (which he is not), the fact is that POTUS feels he needs Strange and has asked his supposed supporters to vote for him.

I hope some ears get unclogged, and some minds and hearts change on this, reconsider, and vote for Strange, who the President has repeatedly asked.

• Plain Jane says:

Starting prayers for Strange.

• MaineCoon says:

Why would anyone who professes to support PT not support him by voting for his candidate of choise? What kind of support is that?

So far no one has proven to be smarter at strategic planning than President Trump eithr as a candidate or president.

I hope ALs vote for PT choice. If not, go to the back of the line.

• georgiafl says:

THIS IS A GOOD ARTICLE!

Quote:

“Roy Moore did not get along with his colleagues in law school or on the Supreme Court. The arguments were not over Christianity.

In law school, the arguments arose from what Disraeli called “falling into a deep groove of illogic and being helpless to allow reason to pull you out.” If Moore’s analysis of a case was tantamount to thinking 1 + 1 = 3, and his classmates reasoned otherwise, there was no backing down by Moore.”

The Law School Professor’s description (and Roy Moore’s reputation and personality) sure sound like Ted Cruz.

I would not vote for him if I were in ALABAMA.

• law4lifeblog says:

sorry, this guy sounds like a C of C hack just like the rest of Strange/McConnell cabal. PT endorsed this guy months back because he needed his vote on healthcare and knew there would be many key votes before the new senator takes office. This endorsement contradicts PTs brand, and therefore is not that effective. I believe the purpose of the endorsement and rally is not to ELECT Strange, but for PT to show that he did what he could to TRY to elect Strange. There’s a BIG difference.

7. Honest Abbey says:

NFL players are now demanding that the league dedicate an ENTIRE MONTH to “SOCIAL ACTIVISM”……. You know, just like they promote awareness for breast cancer during the month of October, and how the NFL honors our military during the month of November.

AND………

They want the NFL to FINANCE THIS.

The fact that the NFL would even entertain this ridiculous notion is ABSURD!

• Nchadwick says:

Just like the players have consequences for their actions, the NFL has consequences for theirs as well…they will be their own demise…

Networks Could Lose $200 Million if NFL Ratings Slide Continues

Fans are leaving the league in droves, and several recent polls and studies show that political activism accounts for a big reason why.

In a poll last year, 44% of fans said they would stop watching the NFL if protests against the national anthem continued. In addition, a J.D. Power survey showed fans citing the anthem protests as the main reason they stopped watching NFL games.

• Coldeadhands says:

Fans of the NFL better get used to the inexorable slide to oblivion of the league. The protests, the excessive celebrations, and most of all, chronic traumatic encephalopathy are changing the game before our very eyes. The law suits for CTE will continue to escalate. (The Aaron Hernandez suit is just the latest)

• singingsoul says:

I have a better idea let players donate a month worth of paycheck and do something for the community they grew up in. I like to see the players give charity not expect charity to be given by others.

• alligatriot says:

How about the NFL declare a season hiatus during which all players and staff travel to Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico or Mexico to help in re-building areas affected by disasters?
      While there, they could kneel as they pick up debris or hand a toy to a child.

• sunnydaysall says:

That I would watch the NFL “again” for! I often wondered why these whinny babies never got together for these types of causes! They could directly impact a community for the positive, and make that change they so readily bi&ch and moan about!

• Blacksmith8 says:

Some did, and some are. One in particular passed the hat and drove a few million dollars to the Harvey relief effort. It was Bass Pro and the Mattress Bob. He just did it and didn’t say anything.

btw: He always stands and his hand is always where it belongs IYKWIM

8. BAMAFan says:

Why no analysis of how Roy Moore got thrown off the Alabama Supreme Court not once, but TWICE.

Would a Senator Moore vote to seat a justice to the U.S. Supreme Court who had twice been removed from the bench? Seems like a fair question.

• LKA in LA says:

Bama stop it. You are making too much sense.

• Yes, thrown off by progressive judges who were kow-towing to those who insist the Ten Commandments cannot be in the public spaces!!!! Yes, thrown off by progressive judges following a SCOTUS decision they had NO business making – they cannot MAKE law from the bench!!!!! Shame on those of you who do not support a candidate who truly honors our Constitution and our God!!!!

• Funny how he email and nash teeth over 10 commencement persecution

• Then we attack the only Judge that would stand up for them.

• Cozette says:

Nottakingthisanymore I haven’t heard any bashing of Moore because he believes in the 10 Commandments or “defended” them as you put it. It would just point out he was ineffectual. The 10 Commandments were removed AND his handling of the situation led to him losing his position on the SC twice. This is a position where, if he’d kept his job, he could have exerted a positive influence. Instead he took a my way or the highway approach and lost. This temperament may be suited for some positions but DEFINITELY not the Senate which demands compromise to achieve anything. Finally uber Christians like Moore need to be aware that if they can put up religious items in a government setting then that gives Muslim’s and Satanists the right to do the same if they win elections. I would rather that not happen.

• Kaco says:

Yes, I am also concerned with all the attacks against Christianity, a bedrock of our country since its founding that has guided our morals so we could be self-governing. But every time I think of actions to protect, I have to think of the Muslims and what they are doing to get their way. It’s very difficult now because the Muslims are organized and backed by progressives.

• Funny how we all were aghast at same sex marriage ruling.

• singingsoul says:

NebraskaFilly
        “Shame on those of you who do not support a candidate who truly honors our Constitution and our God!!!!”
        _________________________________________________
        There is no more shame than a person who believes that they are the only one who support the Constitution and support God.
        I believe Strange does support both .

• Did I say he (or I) were the only ones? No, I did not. I believe Strange does NOT support true Federalism.

• Cozette says:

Strange is supporting the federalist approach to Obamacare. Moore said he would vote to keep Obamacare unless the bill was an immediate and to and total repeal. Even a child knows that what he’s demanding would be impossible. Moore accepts no compromises. This may be admirable in some situations but in the Senate it would mean he would block ALL of President Trumps legislation.

• Cozette says:

I do not vote based on who is most pious. If the GOP had used that criteria to select their presidential candidate Hillary would be our President. A judge who does not abide by a SCOTUS decision is putting himself above the Constitution. Finally, a Trump supporter actually supports the President with their actions. President Trump has asked repeatedly for his supporters in Alabama to help him out by returning Luther to the Senate. That is what Trump SUPPORTERS will do. Other people may have a different agenda than supporting our President. While that breaks my heart, I accept reality.

• Kaco says:

Is this one incident why you are for him? Do you think Strange isn’t a Christian? Do you think Trump is lying when he asks for your vote for Strange multiple times? Do you care about the MAGA platform and agenda that Pres Trump specifies? Are you a repeal only or a repeal/replace? Do you care to pass healthcare before the mid-terms? Do you care about holding the jobs in Alabama and bringing more in? Do you believe in building the wall first or try other things first?

• What I believe is PDJT knows exactly what he is doing and it ISN’T what many think he is doing. When Moore wins in AL, it will forewarn the RINOs about what will happen in 2018 if they don’t get on-board with his agenda. I believe Bannon and Gorka are doing exactly what PDJT wants them to do. So, we disagree – so be it. I care about the MAGA platform and I support PDJT overall. That is NOT to say I am a sycophant who cannot make up my OWN mind at the same time. PDJT is, after all, only human and, as he said himself, he “may” have made a mistake here. Either way, I will make my own determination, thank you very much.

9. citizen817 says:

10. citizen817 says:

11. citizen817 says:

• Plain Jane says:

I predict he will strap himself to it and ride the bomb, even in defiance to China. China needs to remove him – yesterday. Does China have the equivalent of a seal team six?

• H.R. says:

Plain Jane: ” Does China have the equivalent of a seal team six?”

My guess is that the #2 guy in North Korea is China’s man. He’s just waiting for the order to pull the trigger. Just a guess, though.

• Plain Jane says:

Hope #2 guy is at least somewhat sane.

• mimbler says:

Chojun, who seems to have some real insight into NK, had replied to one of my posts indicating that his take is the Communist Party really runs NK, and Kim is more of a figurehead. He felt that if Kim were to be removed, the party would replace him with another figurehead.

That dashed my hopes of a coup or assassination fixing the problem over there, but it sounds like a valid assessment.

• psadie says:

Mimbler agree for NoKo is China’s Ace in the Hole against the West/USA…they do what the ChiComs tell them to do, period.

• chojun says:

Thank you! And I’ll just add that evidence suggests, based on the various assassinations surrounding Kim Jong-un’s ascension to power, that Jong-un’s replacement of Kim Jong-il was to a degree contended within the NK Communist party. I believe Kim had to purge elements of the party who resisted him and I’m curious to know if the resistance within the party originated from China or if these elements within the party were resisting China’s influence in internal political affairs to select Kim Jong-un.

I differ from Sundance’s sage analysis on the matter only on the small basis that I think NK is not a puppet state but is instead strongly influenced internally via the Communist party mechanisms. There are very likely members of the NK party that are strongly loyal to China and that’s all that’s needed to carry out China’s will in NK. On top of that China is able to exert indirect influence by virtue of being NK’s largest trading partner. So while NK is not necessarily a puppet in my opinion, NK was definitely cast in Communist China’s image via the 1950’s Korean War and there are still some strings attached via that alliance.

This is why I believe that killing/removing Kim Jong-un is not the (only) answer because he’ll simply be replaced. No-one will ever be able to convince me that a 33-35 year-old who spent most of his formative years in Switzerland has any real absolute control in a country where careful central planning is the only thing preventing the total collapse of its economy. The real answer to the NK problem would be ‘regime change’ – meaning replacing the Communist party in NK with a democratic one – and China has already warned that this type of effort would lead to China coming militarily to NK’s defense unless NK were to strike first.

:hmm:

• Blacksmith8 says:

and speaking of obysmal’s criminal acts, what did happen to that helicopter that was shot down in broad daylight while OUR Seal Team Six was on board?

• MVW says:

Look, all Kim has to do is say that he has a tunnel dug under Seoul, South Korea and has planted a hydrogen bomb, that South Korea has to surrender of face the destruction of their capital. Whether he has it or not, what is South Korea to do?

Or he can say he has it in a ship in the harbor of Seoul and three other harbors. Surrender or die. A tunnel is not even needed.

No wonder Kim is so happy.

• MVW says:

Nuclear blackmail is a given once Kim tests an H-bomb in the pacific. MAD only works if both parties are unwilling to commit to national suicide. Kim does not mind, he thinks South Korea, Japan, the US will blink, after all history would back that up.

Economic sanctions, what a laugh.

• Jim in TN says:

History backs it up to a point. Every Dictator who thinks we are a paper tiger and goes too far learns the hard way that he was wrong.

12. citizen817 says:

• suejeanne1 says:

God bless you, President Trump – like that lady in the truck said (during Hurricane Harvey relief), we pray for you whenever we see you on the tv screen (and whenever you are being discussed by the “talking heads”)

• Rudy Bowen says:

Unfortunately, if Charlie Kirk is thirty or younger that ain’t saying much.

13. citizen817 says:

14. citizen817 says:

15. citizen817 says:

16. duchess01 says:

WHAT’S HAPPENING – 09/21/2017 (2) – 09/22/2017

17. trumptyear says:

IRS offers extra tax refunds to illegal immigrants granted amnesty by Obama…

In 2010, the government paid out $4.2 BILLION to illegal immigrants who claimed the child tax credit, the IRS’s inspector general found.

read:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/3/irs-offers-extra-tax-refunds-to-illegal-immigrants/

18. citizen817 says:

Hillary Clinton recently compared herself to the classic American patriot Paul Revere.

She claims she’s sounding the alarm to warn us all about how the Russians will steal more elections from us because after all, they stole one from her. She even claimed Putin had it in for her personally. Paranoid much, Hillary?

19. youme says:

There will be huge profits for banks that help North Korea and possibly Iran again, avoid U.S. sanctions. The big banks live for sanctions.

Royal Bank of Scotland, Commerzbank, BNP Paribas, HSBC Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, ING, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Lloyds Bank, and ABN Amro, JPMorgan, Bank of America, and more, have all been fined billions of dollars for helping rogue states avoid U. S. sanctions.

These are not banks, they are criminal organizations. They know they have a guaranteed “get out of jail, free” card.

• youme says:

It will not be different this time. Recent case under President Trump

Take the case of ZTE, a China owned. U.S. based export company.

The violation:

“ZTE engaged in an elaborate scheme to acquire U.S.-origin items, send the items to Iran and mask its involvement in those exports. The plea agreement, which is pending before the Court, alleges that the highest levels of management within the company approved the scheme. ZTE then repeatedly lied to and misled federal investigators, its own attorneys and internal investigators. Its actions were egregious and warranted a significant penalty,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General McCord. “The enforcement of U.S. export control and sanctions laws is a major component of the National Security Division’s commitment to protecting the national security of the United States. Companies that violate these laws – including foreign companies – will be investigated and held to answer for their actions.”

“ZTE Corporation not only violated our export control laws but, once caught, shockingly resumed illegal shipments to Iran during the course of our investigation,” said U.S. Attorney Parker. “ZTE Corporation then went to great lengths to devise elaborate, corporate-wide schemes to hide its illegal conduct, including lying to its own lawyers.”

The fine: ZTE has agreed to pay the U.S. Government $892,360,064. The BIS has suspended an additional $300,000,000, which ZTE will pay if it violates its settlement agreement with the BIS.

Jail time. NONE

Settlement date: March 7, 2017

• youme says:

Another recent “settlement”
        Royal Bank of Scotland to pay $5.5bn (£4.2bn) to US regulators for misselling toxic mortgage bonds

Date July 13, 20007

Jail time: None

Business as usual for criminal controlled banks

• FofBW says:

But will they do this with the new Boss in town and get away with it?

• teekay says:

This is probably expected:

* Laws coerce abiding actions and imply circumventing actions.
      * Risk varies proportional to the penalties and complexities associated with circumventing laws.
      * Reward varies proportional to risk.
      * U.S. sanctions impose large fines and require intricate avoidance mechanisms.

Hence absent any personal risk (imprisonment), the sanction avoidance industry should be quite lucrative for both sides.

1. The banks get away with enough fraud to justify getting caught
      2. The government collects sufficient fines to justify letting them go

Sanctions, for whatever other “good” they might achieve, are perhaps better considered yet another confidence game to maintain the grifting classes. I suspect most laws of this type are calculated to achieve this outcome. Grifters gonna grift.

20. Dora says:

MEGABUCKS: Obama Becomes Paid Evangelist For Fat Cat Oil Companies And Wall Street Robber Barons

Obama is coming to Wall Street less than a year after leaving the White House, following a path that’s well trod and well paid. While he can’t run for president, he continues to be an influential voice in a party torn between celebrating and vilifying corporate power. His new work with banks might suggest which side of the debate he’ll be on and disappoint anyone expecting him to avoid a trap that snared Clinton.

• LCSmom says:

They’re all greedy hypocrites. I hope he gets protested by some of his favorite socialist losers.

• Bendix says:

I’ve always insisted to people that Obama was a corporatist.
      What he’ll do is just what he has been doing – get as many Americans fighting each other as possible, while his dirty work continues.

• Weather Watcher says:

Great the $$ he makes can can be used to pay back the American tax payers who footed the 4.2 billion dollar illegal alien tax credit refund mentioned the above posting. Start sending him the bills for all the illegal costs…….

21. Liked by 3 people

22. NJF says:

FYI. Luther Strange coming up on Varney’s show.

23. budmc says:

24. budmc says:

• magatrump says:

Oh Rand Paul is soooo much more wise and pure than all of us. (sarc)

• singingsoul says:

In a strange way Rand Paul is so conservative that he only supports liberal democrats agenda by not voting with moderate conservatives.
      He cannot vote for President Trump’s MEGA but voted for Obama care figure that…

• LBB says:

Will shaming work?

• Trumppin says:

or perhaps Rand Paul is the only one who see’s the forest ….
      “The Trillion-Dollar Loophole

Page 30 of the Graham-Cassidy bill, which creates a “state specific population adjustment factor,” completely undermines the rest of the bill’s funding formula: “IN GENERAL.—For calendar years after 2020, the Secretary may adjust the amount determined for a State for a year under subparagraph (B) or (C) and adjusted under subparagraphs (D) and (E) according to a population adjustment factor developed by the Secretary.”

In other words, if the secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) doesn’t like the funding formula, he can change it however he likes. That’s a trillion-dollar loophole that leaves HHS bureaucrats with the ultimate say over how much money states will receive.

The bill does say that HHS must develop “legitimate factors” that affect state health expenditures—so it can’t allocate funding based on, say, the number of people who own red socks in Alabama. But beyond those two words, pretty much anything goes.

The bill says the “legitimate factors” for population adjustment “may include state demographics, wage rates, [and] income levels,” but it doesn’t limit the factors to those three characteristics—and it doesn’t limit the amount that HHS can adjust the funding formula to reflect those characteristics either. If a hurricane like Harvey struck Texas three years from now, Secretary Tom Price would be within his rights under the bill to cite a public health emergency and dedicate 100 percent of the federal grant funds—which total $146 billion in 2020—solely to Texas.

That scenario seems unlikely, but it shows the massive and virtually unprecedented power HHS would have under the bill to control more than $1 trillion in federal spending by executive fiat. To top it off, pages 6 through 8 of the bill create a separate pot of $25 billion — $10 billion for 2019 and $15 billion for 2020 — and tell the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator to “determine an appropriate procedure” for allocating the funds. That’s another blank check of $25,000,000,000 in taxpayer funds, given to federal bureaucrats to spend as they see fit.”

• Oldschool says:

Thanks trumppin. There is not a doubt in my mind that Rand Paul’s assessment of this bill and the bills that came before it are as accurate of an analysis as we can get from any congress members.

The real problem is, always has been that once the feds get their hooks into our lives and pockets, we cannot remove them. O and company knew this just as FDR and LBJ knew it.

• singingsoul says:

Rand does not see the Obama care fiasco but has a problem with this new health bill…?
          By not voting for it he makes sure Obama care keeps going and hurts American middle class. What a bozo what a short sited (…). He keeps doing that with everything and therefore gets nothing done. Why is he in the Senate when all he wants t do be on TV and abstruct…? KY needs to boot this guy out because what he does not do is affecting to many good Americans.

• Trumppin says:

YW- The GOP is never going to undo Obamacare, to do so is like asking the bird to cut his own left wing off.

25. faridrushdi says:

To those who are picking between Strange and Moore for the Alabama senatorial seat based on what he “seems” or what news organizations are suggesting, I ask if you remember Earl Warren?

Warren was Eisenhower’s pick for the Supreme Court, and was seen as a strong, conservative Republican based on his time as California Governor. He would slow or stop Roosevelt’s New Deal agenda, they thought. That didn’t happen, of course. The era of Constitutional interpretation based on feelings instead of facts began under him, culminating with the 9th Amendment right of privacy that allowed women to get an abortion legally. There is no 9th amendment right to privacy in the text, so the supremes had make up a new way to understand the Constitution.

The point is, you never know how a judge or a politician is going to vote once in office (see: David Souter). It would seem the choice is between one man who is a swamp favorite and one man whose unyielding moral values might become another “50th vote” that never votes yes because the legislation isn’t pristine enough.

I have a lot of family in Alabama, and while Judge Moore is a saint in their state, Trump’s endorsement is terribly important to them. So I have no idea where this is going.

• singingsoul says:

I have seen how Saint Session is working out….:(

• Trumppin says:

are we truly seeing how he’s working out? are you only looking at the one level chess board? how do you know what is going on behind the scenes?
        as I have said here before…. I believe “where is Jeff sessions”…… waiting for the right time #Timing is everything on a 10D chess board.
        if Trump had DOJ indict these crooks on the first day the only ones happy are us, that leaves lots of libs off the table in 2018 and 2020… Trump said he was the president for all people, he wants UNITY.. you can unite the people if you indict out of the gate.. you just can’t…. so a drip drip drip of reality , let it sink in.. more drip drip drip.. bring em along further and by the time you’ve built the case behind the scenes the case is also made in the public square and the majority of libs will unite .. alt left never will but maybe it might tame them a bit. so I contend again it’s all about #Timing then Trump will unleash his junkyard dogs.

• Jim in TN says:

You don’t ever see what an AG is working on, only the items where he steps in to take credit for other peoples work. You do though get to see how he interfaces with Congress, but not too much of that since his confirmation.

In the mean time, you can see what happens around him. IRS scandal not prosecuted. There are a few more great disappointments around Sessions.

And there are his absences. Where is he on the blatantly illegal use of the intelignece community to spy on American Political Opponents? Why is he silent when Rosenstein fails to follow the law on appointing special prosecutors? Where is he on Mueller’s egregious abuse of the law and abuse of the judge that signed the warrant on the no-knock, dead of the night, pick the lock intimidation of Manafort? Where is he on Mueller’s illegal persecution by leaking? And why hasn’t he actually prosecuted any of the vast horde of leakers? This list of things that are not right on Sessions watch goes on and on.

I gave up long ago bending over backwards to give people the benefit of the doubt. They kept hurting me. I respect arguments like Trump appointed him so give him a chance. I have no tolerance for ‘no that is not a knife in my back, it is just a new piercing style’ delusions. ’10 D chess’, ‘there is a secret plan and time table, you just need to be patient’ fall into the latter category. While you patiently wait for the drip drip drip to bring more people aboard, more and more people are getting off scott free. On Sessions Watch

Meanwhile Sessions was a major liability. His recusal was planned by the other side, the side that never recuses itself, and planned long in advance. And they successfully have used it to sick a pit bull to attacking everything to do with Trump. Basing it on fraudulent allegations. And the hopes that they would actually be investigating the true source of those fraudulent allegations, and he was hiring biased democrats so that he could win the political battle when prosecuting Hillary and Obama, were just two more delusions.

Trump is playing many people masterfully, china, north korea, syria, ISIS, Qatar, U.N, E.U. and so on . But you must be able to see that the other side is also scoring points. That other side is more R than D. No D would let the R’s investigate a D president if the D’s were in control. It was the R’s that killed the first repeal bill. The R’s that continued to use the D tactic of no budgets or authorization bills in an attempt to buffalo Trump. The R’s that fill their meager schedule with vacations so that they have an excuse not to work on Trump’s agenda. The R’s that allow the D’s to block Trump’s appointments. The R’s that allowed the investigations to be done in secret once the facts started turning on D’s.

We need a full view of the playing field. And we need to recognize reality, or we will lose.

But please, in the middle of fall with the leaves starting to change colors and the days getting shorter, don’t try to tell me that winter isn’t coming.

Sessions has done some good things. But not everything around him is all that rosy. The Mueller thing is done. He can’t or won’t fix it. He has let Lerner off scott free. He needs to start showing us more good things. He could clean up the CRS, racial grievance mongers within the DOJ. He could go to Congress and publicly insist that they vote on the appointees that are being blocked. He could broom all remaining Obama DOJ appointees.

Or he could start arresting and trying all these politicians who are abusing the law. The drip drip drip I want to hear to bring the public along is evidence laid out in court testimony and talked about each night on the news.

But I forgive you if my wish looks like a delusion to you. Believing the news would give the time of day to evidence against their beloved Dems. What a laugh. Haven’t heard that much about Menendez’s court trial have we.

• Trumppin says:

a bit long winded..so i’ll keep mine short. while i agree with many of your points I also disagree too. Time will tell and only one can be right. I’ll choose to look through the prism that Trump is unlike all others before him or those that will likely come after. and it is through that prism old standards and expectations fail to apply. This is largely the reason the left fails to figure him out. – so i’ll sit back and relax while everyone else applying their typcial expectations freaks out.. i’ll just be over here on my perch watch this master and his team play it out skillfully with a MAGA outcome.

• law4lifeblog says:

uh, Trumppin…..there’s no “timing” issue involved with Sessions’ DOJ absolving Lois Lerner of any prosecutable criminal conduct…that call alone is unforgivable.

• albrevin says:

not sure about Earl Warren but there were many many trusted sources who knew David Souter was a fraud and George H W Bush knew it when he appointed him.

• Cozette says:

Saints don’t make good Senators.

• Ivehadit says:

Farid, how can Luther be a swamp favorite if Donald wants him? Donald is risking so much everyday to clean the swamp. That is a Bannon talking point.

26. Travis McGee says:

Just a reminder. Strange, along with every other senator, voted to prevent Trump from making any recess appointments.

• Cozette says:

Moore would have voted the same way. He already has said his Senate role model is Mike Lee and Mike of course did not vote to help us get the nominees approved so they can onto work.

27. fedback says:

Theresa May just delivered an important Brexit speech.
    She managed to alienate both remainers and brexiters
    Quite impressive

28. andi lee says:

Really dirty politics being played in Alabama, for sure.

(I want to MAGA & what’s best for Alabama! Definitely, put y’all in a pickle. I will cheer on the sidelines from Texas – thank goodness!)

Reminds me of Ted Cruz campaign in Florida, telling Florida voters that Dr. Ben Carson had backed out of the race.

Judge Roy Moore campaign bus logo wrap shows website, “Alabama derservesMoore(dot)com”, which goes to an Alabama Democrat opponent’s registered website. Because of super pac campaign laws, Moore cannot contact super pac. Meanwhile, wrap has been repaired to cover the “r” in the web address. Read more:

29. Publius2016 says:

The Freedom Health Bill was better but The Betrayer McCain killed it. Still think a democrat or two will vote for the pork with benefits. The Graham-Cassidy bill is pork pork pork and yet, it’s still better than Obamacare which is Death! Rand Paul says he won’t be bribed or bullied to support Obamacare lite…well, it’s either all of Obamacare including the implosion or 50 states flush with cash to address their needs.

30. NJF says:

I didn’t get to see the Strange segment on FBN. I walked in just as it was ending. Ashley, who is subbing for Varney, ended the segment with, “we invited Judge Moore on as well, but have received no response.”

Thought that was interesting. Also, on BB radio this AM, they reported that Moore’s “huge double digit lead has shrunk to high single digits.”

I’m not from AL so my opinion doesn’t mean much, but POTUS has a reason for supporting him. Just my 2 cents.

• Publius2016 says:

The problem with Moore is that he was a NEVERTRUMPER. President Trump rubs a few people the wrong way because he is a deal maker and true visionary. A Senator Moore would be unyielding for the next year and in 2020 could represent a primary challenge. It’s the plan of the UNIPARTY to run Kasich as an independent.

• mimbler says:

I think that would backfire on the uniparty. Kasich might get a few of the more liberal Trump supporters, but he would definitely split off a lot of moderate democrats from whatever loon they run next time.

In my opinion, regardless of the R by his name, Kasich -is- a moderate democrat.

• Betty says:

Kasich is not well liked in ohio because of what he pulled off during the RNC convention and how he tried to keep the ground game for victory from president Trump during the election . I personally loathe that swamp monster.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Kasich went rogue during and after the primary. The only votes he would get are the nevertrumpers and moderate dims (if there are any left). All those who voted for PDJT in 2016 will be back to vote for him 2020 (unless something really catastrophic happens).

• tuskyou says:

I heard the segment on xm radio. Strange pointed out the only Senator to endorse Moore is Rand Paul.

• mimbler says:

Ha! I haven’t really had a dog in the fight as I see merits in both, but I think that swung me over to the Strange side!

• Pam says:

Did anyone just see the segment on Outnumbered that showed the twitter exchange between POTUS and Rand Paul. Rand Paul ends the exchange by saying he won’t be bribed or bullied.

I’ve got a news flash for him. He’s bought and paid for. As Sundance says, there are trillions of dollars at stake.

• G3 says:

Luther Strange,also, did a segment yesterday on Fox— they said Moore was invited to appear but did not respond.

• Ditch Mitch says:

FNN and FBC depending on who the host is, would more likely be bias to Strange as he is more establishment. I say get them both on at the same time and debate. A no response doesn’t mean anything except to those that broadcast the no response.

• paulraven1 says:

I’ve thought a lot about this in terms of Trump and both his style and goals. I initially saw Moore as the obvious choice as a gut-satisfying rebuke to McConnell. It would feel good. But this isn’t how Trump thinks or operates. Trump is a lot smoother and more strategically thoughtful. This would seem counter-intuitive given his bumptious and shoot-from-the-hip media image. But that is a paradox the media cannot grasp. In any event, I think Trump sees Strange as a stable and loyal character and someone he can ultimately coax over entirely to his side. These are politicians (even Moore) and therefore people with oversized egos, flaws and weaknesses. This isn’t the business world, and Trump knows he needs to play by diferent rules. Trump sees Strange as potentially far more valuable than Moore, who may be mercurial and volatile. Trump has long-term goals, and even if it looks like Strange is a McConnell player, I don’t think that bothers Trump or that he even sees it as a problem for him.

• Tom22ndState says:

Indeed, thanks for your perspective paulraven1
        MAGA

• Ditch Mitch says:

I agree Strange is more dependable, while Moore is unpredictable. PDJT endorsed Strange as a negotiation to Mitch and he knows Strange is dependable. Only reason I would be against Strange is Mitch is trying to buy Strange’s support by buying his election. However, this could be another reason PDJT endorsed Strange. If Strange wins will he see PDJT’s support as greater and more valuable than Mitch’s.

• LBB says:

I am not in AL either and believe their vote counts in their state. However I am praying for intervention for the best R choice until we get a better one later if needed.

• law4lifeblog says:

The “reason” for PT’s endorsement is that Strange is the incumbent and will take many important votes between now and the swearing in of whoever is elected. Strange otherwise contradicts PT’s brand, which is why most AL Trump voters aren’t taking his advice on this one.

31. Liked by 10 people

32. Nchadwick says:

Samatha Powers married to Cass Sunstein

Office of Legal Counsel in the Justice Department as an attorney-advisor (1980–1981)
    assistant professor of law at the University of Chicago Law School (1981–1983), where he became assistant professor in the Department of Political Science (1983–1985).

On January 7, 2009, the Wall Street Journal reported that Sunstein would be named to head the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA).[11] That news generated controversy among progressive legal scholars[12] and environmentalists.[13] Sunstein’s confirmation was long blocked because of controversy over allegations about his political and academic views. On September 9, 2009, the Senate voted for cloture[14] on Sunstein’s nomination as Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. The motion passed in a 63–35 vote. The Senate confirmed Sunstein on September 10, 2009 in a 57–40 vote.

“Conspiracy Theories” and government infiltration[edit]
    Sunstein co-authored a 2008 paper with Adrian Vermeule, titled “Conspiracy Theories,” dealing with the risks and possible government responses to conspiracy theories resulting from “cascades” of faulty information within groups that may ultimately lead to violence. In this article they wrote, “The existence of both domestic and foreign conspiracy theories, we suggest, is no trivial matter, posing real risks to the government’s antiterrorism policies, whatever the latter may be.” They go on to propose that, “the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups”,[35] where they suggest, among other tactics, “Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action.”[35] They refer, several times, to groups that promote the view that the US Government was responsible or complicit in the September 11 attacks as “extremist groups.”

The authors declare that there are five hypothetical responses a government can take toward conspiracy theories: “We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1) Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories. (3) Government might itself engage in counterspeech, marshaling arguments to discredit conspiracy theories. (4) Government might formally hire credible private parties to engage in counterspeech. (5) Government might engage in informal communication with such parties, encouraging them to help.” However, the authors advocate that each “instrument has a distinctive set of potential effects, or costs and benefits, and each will have a place under imaginable conditions. However, our main policy idea is that government should engage in cognitive infiltration of the groups that produce conspiracy theories, which involves a mix of (3), (4) and (5).”

Sunstein and Vermeule also analyze the practice of recruiting “nongovernmental officials”; they suggest that “government can supply these independent experts with information and perhaps prod them into action from behind the scenes,” further warning that “too close a connection will be self-defeating if it is exposed.”[35] Sunstein and Vermeule argue that the practice of enlisting non-government officials, “might ensure that credible independent experts offer the rebuttal, rather than government officials themselves. There is a tradeoff between credibility and control, however. The price of credibility is that government cannot be seen to control the independent experts.” This position has been criticized by some commentators[36][37] who argue that it would violate prohibitions on government propaganda aimed at domestic citizens.[38] Sunstein and Vermeule’s proposed infiltrations have also been met by sharply critical scholarly critiques.[39][40][41][42]

The Russia *(FAKE) controversy is taken from Samatha Powers husband’s playbook

• Nchadwick says:

In his book Democracy and the Problem of Free Speech Sunstein says there is a need to reformulate First Amendment law. He thinks that the current formulation, based on Justice Holmes’ conception of free speech as a marketplace “disserves the aspirations of those who wrote America’s founding document.”[27] The purpose of this reformulation would be to “reinvigorate processes of democratic deliberation, by ensuring greater attention to public issues and greater diversity of views.”[28] He is concerned by the present “situation in which like-minded people speak or listen mostly to one another,”[29] and thinks that in “light of astonishing economic and technological changes, we must doubt whether, as interpreted, the constitutional guarantee of free speech is adequately serving democratic goals.”[30] He proposes a “New Deal for speech [that] would draw on Justice Brandeis’ insistence on the role of free speech in promoting political deliberation and citizenship.”[28]

HOW DID THIS GUY GET VETTED AND CONFIRMED???

• AmericaFirst says:

Wow. That article is a real find. And explains a lot of what we see in the comments.

Of the 5 proposed responses, the first two are flat out illegal, the second two are unethical, and the last is downright coercive.

Funny how they never thought about two things:

1. If it is true it is not a conspiracy.

2. If it is a conspiracy, how about just offering the truth?

• Nchadwick says:

LEAKS, Fake News, Thank Tanks, Foundations, Institutions, Councils
        “practice of recruiting “nongovernmental officials”; they suggest that “government can supply these independent experts with information and perhaps prod them into action from behind the scenes,” further warning that “too close a connection will be self-defeating if it is exposed.”

Violate prohibitions on government propaganda aimed at domestic citizens.[38]

• Bendix says:

Hillary said “I’ve heard the conspiracy theories” about her health, and then she collapsed in public.

33. duchess01 says:

The First Lady Hosts a White House Kitchen Garden Event
    The White House
    Start time 12:30 PM EDT

34. Rondo says:

“All of a sudden we see that the greatest interpreters of Islam are politicians in the Western world,” he wrote sarcastically. “They know better than all the speakers in the mosques, all those who deliver terrible sermons against anything that is either Christian or Jewish. These Western politicians know that there is good Islam and bad Islam. They know even how to differentiate between the two – except that none of them know how to read a word of Arabic.”

35. thesavvyinvester says:

Jeff Kuhner’s Story on his exchange with Sen. Liz Warren that I posted here on CTH a few days ago ( no response ) has now gone Viral. ( Jeff is on WRKO 680am 12 to 3 pm daily, listen on the web or via their free phone app ) Drudge has a link and here are all the stories I have found, one of which is the Drudge link:

36. Bente Hewitt says:

Did anybody see Lou Dobbs and Ed Roland apologize on air last night about comments made about General Kelly.
    They went on and on. Very uncomfortable to watch.

• bflyjesusgrl says:

Yes, I was glad to see the apologies. Lou apparently talked w/ Kelly on the phone yesterday and realized he had misjudged him. He still didn’t acknowledge that the Kelly pic w/hand on head was 10 minutes “prior” to the President’s speech, not sure that he knows. Nonetheless, I liked that they corrected themselves on the record, unlike the rest of media.

37. RAC says:

ADD REM I tried to email this to the address given on this page but it bounced back , blocked by recipient.
    Just a while back I went to reply to a comment and the info boxes for the reply, website, name etc., came up with someone else’s details already in them. This could be a security issue.

38. Nchadwick says:

Little did we know – we were witnessing pure evil

• AmericaFirst says:

I didn’t know All of the behind-the-scenes action taking place, but I ALWAYS knew when looking at … that … that it was the face of pure evil. Even now can’t stand to look at it or listen to it, and can only barely tolerate reading its speeches.

For me the real enigma was – and remains – how anyone couldn’t recognize evil when looking at it and hearing it.

• dekester says:

Many of us did…

• Oldschool says:

Actually, before G Beck went on Toad’s Wild Ride, he exposed each and everyone of these characters, their relationships to each other, their affiliates, organizations, backers, their pasts and their leftist ideology. He sounded the alarm.

• georgiafl says:

For an author who wrote on the evils of genocide and ethics, Dublin Ireland born Susan Power certainly aided and abetted a lot of it….bloodshed from one end of Africa to the far reaches of the Middle East during Obama’s and Hillary’s Arab Spring.

Little known fact – she attended the same Atlanta High School as Jay Sekulow – Lakeside HS.

Power went on to Yale and Harvard and being an Obama supporter (though she once called Hillary a monster).

Sekulow went on to Mercer and Regent University and became a Jewish-born Christian, works for the American Center for Law and Justice, and is currently one of President Trump’s lawyers.

• georgiafl says:

Samantha Power was also the author of hundreds of ILLEGAL unmasking requests!!!

• OMG – GaFL!! Lakeside HS is right down the street from our home! (No, my kids actually went to a private, Catholic school) [Our zipcode is utterly dark blue, but, we’re fighting the good fight. Tough duty, but someone’s got to do it, right?]

Wow, Jay Sekulow? Who knew?

• Homesteader says:

Lived in DeKalb myself for several years awhile back. Some of my happiest years. I shoulda never moved. We might have met. If not in the pew, at least on the firing range.

It’s blue, eh? Terrible shame.

• georgiafl says:

List of Obama’s abuses of power and lawbreaking – continually updated as his crimes are being uncovered.

39. cycle1 says:

Susan Collins, a best, is a Democrat in RINO clothing.

40. Trumppin says:

not sure if this “Wilberine” article has been posted here or not.. I still don’t have time to read everything here (yet) 🙂

41. NJF says:

Heard the tail end of this….

I looked at her Washington Examiner timeline and she seems quite the vile creature.

Not sure what angle they’re trying to go to now.

42. Dora says:

43. Bob Thoms says:

I’m a golfer so I follow these kinds of things. The Never Trump forces within the golf media have their long knives out. Golfweek writers like Geoff Shackleford are known NeverTrumpers.

These writers are now writing that P Trump has played more rounds of golf than P Obama. What facts do they have? None.

They claim that because President Trump spends time at his NJ Trump National Golf Club, he must be playing golf.

Note to writers; being at the club (in which P Trump keeps a residence) isn’t the same as playing golf. Fake News, even in the golf world.

• tazz2293 says:

There is a reason I quit playing golf and no longer read any of the publications or watch any golf on TV.

I may be one man standing alone but I will not and cannot support those in any sport or the media who lie because of their political leanings.

Geoff Shackleford is an abhorrent weasel. My apologies to weasels everywhere

• MfM says:

If Trump has played so much golf, where are the people who got kicked off the course so he could play? There were always people talking about it when Obama would come to a course.

If Trump wasn’t kicking them off, but playing along with them… how come there aren’t more sightings or stories about seeing him on the golf course? How come we know so few of the people that he’s played with?

I bet someone in the WH is keeping very careful track of exactly how much golf Trump is actually playing. If he goes out and plays a couple of holes is it the same as doing a whole day? Is playing with a foreign leader the same as playing with someone like Rand Paul?

44. 4beagles says:

On Tv news…
    McCain says he is a no vote on healthcare bill

45. NJF says:

McSlime is a NO!!!!

He “wants hearings” to discuss the healthcare bill

There is no freaking way he is really sick. He IS a cancer.

They keep saying there is no provision for preexisting conditions, which is a straight up lie!

46. cjzak says:

McCain just tweeted he’s a no on the Graham-Cassidy bill. He needs to go asap.

47. mazziflol says:

McCain is a Cancer right down to his last cell. There is a special place for that evil person.

48. Dora says:

I had a feeling he would do this. He’s a rat!

====

McCain to vote ‘no’ on ObamaCare repeal

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) announced on Friday that he will vote against the latest GOP effort to repeal ObamaCare, potentially dooming the legislation.