Friday September 22nd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

196 Responses to Friday September 22nd – Open Thread

1. F.D.R. in Hell says:

2. Garrison Hall says:

Let’s go to Argentina . . .

3. citizen817 says:

4. mj_inOC says:

Blessings, fellow warriors…
    Enjoy…

And please pray Verizon has new phones in am … [as a loyal 15+ year/multiple lines’ customer, missing iCloud connection as I counsel and work.. the wireless feature [for early 2018] was the benefit!

5. Lucille says:

Brian Eno – “Weightless”

Guitar: Daniel Lanois

Brian Eno (born on 15 May 1948, in Woodbridge, Suffolk, England) is an electronic musician, music theorist and record producer. As a solo artist, he is best known as the father of modern ambient music.

6. Grandma Covfefe says:

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:13

7. boomerguy says:

Gonna try an embed from Imgur. If this works, you’ll see a photo of a Dairy Queen sign in a small town in the Seattle area.

//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js
    (And if not, I’ll describe its contents below.)

8. Mongoose says:

You need to right click on the image and then select “copy image address” so you can paste that address in your post. Easy peasy!
    Example:

9. Mongoose says:

I would like to offer a prayer for our nation’s leaders who are dealing with the troubles that past administrations have not dealt with, at least with any level of success, other than to just kick the can down the road. Lord knows we have wasted so much of our precious young on stupid and disastrous policies with nothing to show for it. Please make your decisions count for something besides bravado and filling the coffers of the MIC.

Militarily, I hope and pray the the “rocket man” or Dorko from Norko will have someone yank his chain good and hard and make him behave. It is one thing for super nations to push their weight around and another for pipsqueak wannabe’s who have nothing to offer anyone, to be threatening and barking like a junkyard dog when all they really are is a chihuahua with a vicious sounding yelp. China had better pull their dog back or they will lose their precious pet.

• 4sure says:

Thank you. I would like to add to your prayer. A prayer for our POTUS. A friend to us all.

Loving Father I have a friend whose character is being attacked and falsities are being said about him. I am concerned for him as this is a difficult and painful thing to face but I am also concerned that the worry of all that is going on in his life will be detrimental to his leading this nation.

I pray that You will give President Trump Your peace that surpasses comprehension and that in Your time and Your way You will diffuse this unpleasant attack. Amen

• mostlyogauge says:

Dorko from Norko!! HAAA!!! Read that and I could not breathe. Oh man, I needed a laugh today. And, yes, prayers for our President, his Family, his Team and Families, our military, our first responders and LEOs, and our Citizens. We are on the verge of something really, really great here. Thank God for this website and for Sundance. I have learned a lot since coming here a couple years ago.

10. Johnny Bravo says:

It’s good to be alive today…

Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
    Praise him, all creatures here below;
    Praise him above, ye heavenly host:
    Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Enjoy the day treepers and have a peaceful weekend.

• Minnie says:

Amen and Amen.

And to you to, Johnny!

• MTeresa says:

Beautiful autumn photographs that just seemed appropriate today

• Minnie says:

So lovely, MTheresa, thank you for sharing this beautiful reminder of God’s love for His Children.

This hymn immediately transports me to a gentler time, a sweeter time, when my faith was formed in the loving embrace of our Heavenly Father.

Wonderful memories of St. Jerome’s Church and School, beautiful memories that can never be misplaced or lost.

• MTeresa says:

Thanks – not lose those “gentler time” and we need to remember. We need to teach our children about that time. If you watch old movies, you can see that Hollywood made many films about trials and tribulations and about how one’s faith helped them get through those tough times. These were successful films. Most (if not all) films produced today show none of that. It’s no wonder so many people feel lost and hopeless in the world. Even if folks don’t have any kind of spiritual life or experience, they could happen upon a movie and see something they might not experience in their own home. They might be inspired to seek Him. Now there’s nothing.

The opposite of faith is indifference. Pray. Pray. Pray.

11. I’m getting ready for Christmas and I’ve started to put up on YouTube some of the music from the Music Manuscript of Henry Livingston, who wrote “Night Before Christmas.” A very early one (page 17) was “Yanky Doodle”, which he probably picked up while in service as a Major of the 3rd NY in 1775. It’s different from what I hear today. He also includes “God Save the King” where he crosses out “King” and inserts “Congress.”

A more interesting piece he wrote in his book is “Farewell to Lochabor” by Alec Ramsay from around 1745. These were copy books where people shared favorite tunes. Henry’s is about 200 pages.

12. Posted on yesterday’s thread…in case you missed it. Blessings

“piper567 says:
    September 22, 2017 at 12:57 am
    hello, friends,
    my friend who’s been watching me brought me home from hospital this afternoon, and I’m doing as well as can be expected. Those of you who have had complex surgeries know what I feel like…sorta like I have been in a car crash.
    But my left hand is warm, as I now have a blood supply in the arm…Praise God there were no adverse effects from the surgery.
    Sometime in the future, the right arm will be addressed.”

• duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received, blessings to come, and prayers answered!

Thank You, Val, for reposting – God Bless You and piper!

• Minnie says:

God bless and continue to heal Piper.

Resting in our own beds is so much more conducive to recovery than a hospital! May your strength return tenfold!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Yes it is so hard to sleep in the hospital with all the constant interruptions, etc. Home sweet home!

• piper567 says:

don’t know why, but WP has eaten several recent posts, which then reappear WAY later…so apologize if this is duplicate.
          Thank you Valerie or moving this from yesterday’s evening thread.
          I really wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate all of the prayer. So important to me. I think the last few weeks I have been running on compressed prayer for fuel; Sister’s church, my church, and those of you here who are moved to pray for an individual who you will probably never see this side of heaven.
          I think those kinds of prayers are so special, and I thank you again.

• Glad you’re feeling well enough to check in here & touch base with part of your spiritual & support system as time & energy permit. Continued prayers & blessings!

• piper567 says:

yes, for all of you too…this is part of a spiritual system…its really quite remarkable: what we have in common is much more important than our differences…that’s just the way the Lord works…we are living stones in an edifice of His making.
              I’ve always loved the Acts 2 passages that have to do with what the church should be…in that sense, we are family members, and we laugh with those who laugh, and mourn with those who mourn…its just how He made us.

13. smiley says:

Rio Grande, Southern New Mexico

pastel

(no date)

Tom Perkinson ~ American (b. 1940, Indianapolis….long-time resident of New Mexico)~ Impressionism ~ Landscapes

this guy’s a colorist…a master of it.

strong sense of color and knows how to apply it….tricky to do that so beautifully with pastels without looking “sticky” and overdone.

his work makes people want to paint 🙂

to see more of his stunning work, look here..

and a very good write-up about this artist and his work, here..

🙂

14. iizthatiiz says:

Thank goodness that Sarah Palin went down to Alabama to stand behind Judge Roy Moore and remind President Trump that the only reason he was elected was the agenda he campaigned on.
    President Trump cannot allow McConnell’s swamp to hijack our November victory.

15. smiley says:

Bounds and rebounds,
    Highs and lows,
    Comings and goings,
    Heat and cold,
    Darkness and light,
    Joy and sorrow,
    Good times and bad times,
    Daytimes and nighttimes,
    Short times and long times,
    Old times and new times;
    May He be with you
    At home and abroad,
    On the road and at rest,
    In storm and flood,
    In drought and desert,
    In peace and conflict,
    In doubt and assurance,
    In sickness and health,
    In pain and triumph.
    May the Good Shepherd walk
    with you always
    Until it is time to return home,
    And may God bless you,
    Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

18. Dora says:

Hans Andersen Brendekilde – A Wooded Path In Autumn (1902)

19. Dora says:

It looks like Barry’s old friends from the hood, aren’t very happy to have him come back. Can you blame them?

===

Obama’s promises for presidential center may not be enough this time for African-Americans

Now that Obama is about to build his presidential center in Woodlawn’s Jackson Park, some residents are wary of his ability to transform neighborhoods without doing harm to longtime residents who could end up displaced by gentrification.

A nasty fight over a community benefits agreement with the Obama Foundation has exposed an unexpected rift between the former president and some of the South Side residents who helped lift him to prominence.

20. dreadnok89 says:

Anyone know why trump is supporting stramge?

• I’m going to copy and paste “Dixie Sugarbaker”s comments here:
      “I think Strange has been loyal to Trump’s agenda and has supported Trump while in the Senate. Trump is loyal to those who are loyal to him. The issue with McConnell is a separate issue that is between Trump and McConnel, not Trump and Strange.”

• Snow White says:

I saw an article today written by Judge Moore ‘s law school professor and it it is quite an eye opener. Not to bash Judge Moore but if his professor who is also a Christian is right, we don’t want a Senator Moore. He would be nothing but trouble and an obstructionist.

• James says:

I’m from Alabama, read that article and commented on it. One thing the author didn’t tell you was that he is a Democrat. One of his big concerns was that if Moore won, Alabama would be scalded (that was his term) on CNN and MSNBC. Did you get that? That Alabama would look bad on CNN and MSNBC.
        It was just oozing partisanship. Among many things, he said Roy Moore had the most illogical legal mind in the country. I looked it up and there were about 450,000 lawyers in America at that time. So Roy Moore was worse than all 450,000 other lawyers. Interesting. One question a had for the author was what grade he gave Roy Moore. Had to be a big fat F, right?
        The biggest problem I had with the article was what I would call the unethical nature of it. Even if everything in the article was true (which seems near impossible) aren’t there guidelines on releasing information on students? I wonder if he releases information on his clients.
        And guess what, I’m not even a big Roy Moore supporter. But I’m going to be skeptical of anything a Democrat says. And as far as Luther Strange, I’m just concerned about this apparent connection to McConnell and the swamp.

21. Nikki/Chico says:

Numbers 6:24-26
    24 “The Lord bless you and keep you;
    25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.”’

Love and God bless

• Lack is not all says:

Having mixed feelings about Boccelli since he refused to sing in President Trump’s inauguration. Not easy for me to listen to him again . There are other tenors I like more, not need for me to deal with an anti trumper.

• Nikki/Chico says:

I posted this because he has a beautiful God given voice and the presentation with the full choir and pipe organ was wonderful, that’s all.

I have opinions about people too, it’s unfortunate Mr. Bocelli took that stance but he exists by God’s grace for a purpose.

President Trump is a big boy and clearly able to handle his-self in the clinches, besides who care what Mr. Bocelli thinks or did, he didn’t run or win the Presidency of the United States of America so his tantrum is MOOT.

Have two scoops of ice cream and relax and enjoy the day we’ve all been blessed with.

😉🌹

22. BillShiloh says:

Why no analysis of President Trump’s support of Luther Strange?
    I am very confused by this,has he an ulterior motive?

• Dixie Sugarbaker says:

• BAMAFan says:

Why no analysis of how Roy Moore got thrown off the Alabama Supreme Court not once, but TWICE.

Would a Senator Moore vote to seat a justice to the U.S. Supreme Court who had twice been removed from the bench? Seems like a fair question.

• piper567 says:

Bill, you mean from sundance ?
      maybe because its a State issue, and, you know, Trump just does what Trump does. Doesn’t accomplish much trying to divine his motives or reasons.

• singingsoul says:

To me it seems that the Cruz Evangelists are reverting back to their Cruz support stance. I do not think they realize he would never win. Trump won because of America first and many people who were not far right voted for him. I never was a republican or democrat I was independent. Bannon, Gorka Palin and Gohmer is playing a dangerous game going against Trump is turning me off.

• I am Not a Cruz supporter. I am a supporter of President Trump but I don’t trust Strange on DACA. President Trump asked voters to vote for Paul Ryan for whatever his reasons were at the time but I would not, could not have done that. I agree with our President MOST of the time. I’m not saying I’m right and he’s wrong. Anyway, I don’t have a vote just an opinion.

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

Maybe because CTH isn’t obsessive like Breitbart. Little difference between the two in reality and it is an Alabama issue.

23. Dora says:

Christopher Columbus And The Falsification Of History

The Los Angeles City Council’s recent, crazed decision to replace Christopher Columbus Day with one celebrating “indigenous peoples” can be traced to the falsification of history and denigration of European man which began in earnest in the 1960s throughout the educational establishment (from grade school through the universities), book publishing, and the print and electronic media. It is amazing that, as of yet, the federal holiday commemorating the Genoese explorer’s world- changing voyage has not come under attack. It is doubtful that in the current radicalized leftist ideological atmosphere, the national government’s recognition of Columbus will survive much longer.

24. Nikki/Chico says:

Oh oh, my comments disappeared, ad rem
    If I messed up I apologize.

25. Patriot1783 says:

Sad….if you find yourself in situations like this please use common sense, be a friend and call for medical help.

26. Nikki/Chico says:

🌹🌹🌹❤️

27. Nikki/Chico says:

Here’s my two cats, Nikki and Chico

IMG_0109

• Nikki/Chico says:

Ok I don’t know how to post the picture of my cats, 😔 …… how do you do that? 😕

• amwick says:

To post a picture, it has to live somewhere on the internet… so if it is on your tablet or camera you need to somehow upload it. Several people use https://imgur.com/
        When the website shows up click on the green button that says “new post”. The next screen will ask which pic you want to share, you either browse of drag images… Ususally I “browse” and select one of the pictures on my laptop. Your picture will then fly from your laptop to the internet and appear on the imgur page. At this point you can right click on the image, select view image information, and copy the image url. The url must end in .jpg and when you past it into a comment box it needs its own line,,, its very own line.

28. Dora says:

Turning down ‘gay wedding’ jobs the same as racism, judge rules

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota, September 21, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – A federal judge has shot down a ‘pre-enforcement challenge” to Minnesota’s law that denies the right of Christian businesses and professionals to decline providing wedding services to gay couples.

29. Nikki/Chico says:

No, sigh. I’ll try later.

Take care. God bless you all

30. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.”
    Psalms 106:1 (KJV)

31. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

32. It’s Friday!
    Get your funky on!

• Minnie says:

Thank you! How did you know?!?

One of my all-time favorite videos 🙂

Thank you so much for posting, will be watching, several times I’m sure 🙂

• Nikki/Chico says:

WOW! AWSOME, just a joy to watch. The dancing matched the music tempo, beautiful.

So many great dancers, wow. Thank you for posting this Stopislaminusa 🌹

I’d heard when Ginger Rogers rehearsed with Fred Astaire her feet bled through her shoes, I can’t imagine how it must have hurt.

33. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

34. dbethd says:

We honeymooned in the Smoky Mountains(Lovely region and lovely people). My sister had this stuck in her head while we were there….ha

35. Another GREAT day to be on the Trump Train! Choo Choo, Baby!!

36. citizen817 says:

Good to see the police arresting some of these ANTIFA terrorists thugs for their violent crimes. A.F. Branco

37. Nikki/Chico says:

In searching for a song sung by Tennessee Ernie Ford about a “son” I happened on this video, it’s been awhile but it is beautiful. Hope you like it. 🌹

In my search I find Mr. Ford’s song “First Born” but that’s not the one I heard him sing although it is beautiful.

38. Ted Koehl says:

Each day I look at this website and read the Lord’s Prayer first and scan through the subsequent articles. I enjoy this site for its information and content.

But it IS very frustrating when the moving ads jerk the place I am reading or even in the case of writing this message up or down almost continuously or then auto plays a commercial.

Please, please, please review your website because this ad activity gets me to move to another site. BTW: I NEVER buy anything from a product ad that does this. Call me old fashion.

Thanks!

39. waicool says:

just checked my treehouse bookmark to see what Sundance was up to, decided to check out the open thread link (for the first time i think) and wow! very cool!

• Lucille says:

Enjoy, waicool! This is the thread for all things generally non-Presidential, though a few of those do slip through on occasion. You’ll get articles of national and international interest, wonderful art, well-known and rather obscure music artists, quotes, jokes, cartoons, prayers and religiously-themed postings. Best site for this variety on the web. Come back often and share what you’ve found. We’d love it.

40. Irish Eyes says:

Has Justfactsplz checked in since Irma?

• dbethd says:

She posted on the Prayer Request Page:
      justfactsplz says:

September 22, 2017 at 12:28 am

I need prayer once again. We were out of electricity and water for five days with hurricane Irma. The incredible heat made my legs and feet swell worse than ever. It was unreal how big they were and painful too. The last day they swelled so tight that fluid started trickling down my legs from the pores. I was short of breath. It was the congestive heart failure. I went to the doctor today and even though I have air now my legs are still swollen quite a bit and she could hear fluid in my chest. She told me for the next three days double my Lasix dose. It the swelling doesn’t go down by then I have to go in to the hospital for crucial treatment. The double dose today did not produce any results.
      I have gained 35 pounds very quickly. I have never weighed this much in my entire life.

I thought we didn’t have any damage to the home from the hurricane but I was wrong. We have this huge walk in closet. Whoever designed this home didn’t put in any linen closets so I store extra blankets, sheets, and pillows on one end along with suitcases containing off season clothes. I hobbled in there yesterday to change shoes after physical therapy and found the carpet was wet. So were the linens and the clothes inside the suitcases.

Gary went up on the roof. A lot of shingles are missing and the chimney pipe was bent over and all the rain ran down the wall and seeped inside the closet. We have a real mess on our hands. We are leasing this place with an option to buy next July. I called the landlord and he had no idea how long it would take to get a roofer out here. He has insurance but said his deductible is so high he can’t use it. We do not have renters insurance. I have wore myself out all day dragging the laundry basket behind my walker trying to wash and dry mountains of stuff to see if the moldy smell will come out of them and if they can be salvaged. We have more rain coming this week.

41. waicool says:

Buckingham McVie – Too Far Gone (2017)

42. Dora says:

43. Adblock and Ghostery……….

44. Blacksmith8 says:

Story about an AZ teacher editing the words of the Declaration of Independence reminds me it was the freaks and malcontents that started this public education junk in the first place. All they are doing is making sure we take our kids out of their system if only to keep them safe as long as we can.

45. Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

This made me laugh!

46. dbethd says:

First Last Melania Trump at the United Nations General Assembly | September 20, 2017 (Official White House Photo by Andrea Hanks)

47. oldiadguy says:

Sadly, it looks like I was right again in my prediction that the SLMPD would be sued over the tactic of “kettling” used during the mass arrest earlier in the week.

And the progressive mayor’s actions are no surprise.

However, this action by the Board of Alderman is a bit of a surprise though.

The comments in above article are interesting. My guess is that none of the commenters have considered the fact that the SLMPD’s leadership , the City and the State Attorney General’s Office reviewed the evidence back in 2012 and settled the Federal lawsuit for $900,000 in December of 2013. Evidently, this group of attorney’s, having reviewed the evidence on hand and decided there was a preponderance of evidence that Jason Stockley’s shooting of Anthony Lamar Smith was not legally justified. Otherwise they would not have made one of the largest settlements in St. Louis history. It should be noted, that this settlement decision was made before the third and most revealing video was uncovered and the DNA evidence was known.

The City of St. Louis and the SLMPD are going to be paying for the actions of Jason Stockley and the resultant actions of the SLMPD for many years to come.

Take Care and Stay Safe