September 21st – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #245

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,363 Responses to September 21st – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #245

1. psadie says:

I just watched Moore/Strange debate…this is what I got from it..my opinion:

Big Luther is trying to fly on PTrump’s coat tails. Luther kept saying quote “President endorsed ME, he picked ME, he’s supporting ME, he asked ME, he’s on MY side, he’s chosen ME, I have a close personal relationship with the President and VP.” Big L spoke in too many generalities not specifics. Sounds like he wants to keep his job in DC. I don’t trust McConnell to do what he says he will do and you can bet that Mitch will pull on Luther’s collar when he needs him to. The GOP is going to thwart Trump each and every way and each and everyday without a doubt. Big Luther will be beholden to Mitch and he won’t let Luther forget it.

Okay please be gentle with your sarcasm for many of you live in a bubble and don’t want to hear anyone else’s point of view! No I don’t live in Alabama but I am sure those good people will make the right choice no matter what!

• BAMAFan says:

You give McConnell too much credit with the collar comment. Strange I see a strong man who will support our President. Moore is a flake, like Jeff Flake.

• Did you hear Strange tell Moore he insulted the President when he (Moore) said McConnell manipulated the President to endorse him (Strange)? It was insulting, and Moore is so tone deaf he doesn’t know that. Just like when he said tonight God was on his side. Saying you know the mind of God and he wants you to win is blasphemy. Mortal man cannot know the mind of God, if he could, the Bible would need continual updating – open ended manuscript editable by mortal man. As a Christian, this is why Moore appalls me.

• Kaco says:

The debate from Moore was provided by Steve Bannon and Breitbart articles. That much was obvious.

Yes, Strange did say multiple times how the President endorses and has chosen him. But he did go over his record and accomplishments.

• Judith says:

Everybody has a right to an opinion. I just don’t know who “everybody” is, so I don’t know what their motives may be, that’s all.

I do know who President Trump is. And I know that he will accomplish great things with the right team in place. I prefer that POTUS gets to pick his own team. He chose Strange.

For good or bad, trusTED’s “vote your conscience” guy only conjures up the republican convention and their stubborn NeverTrump camp. I don’t support their sentiments at all.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

Toxic Ted and Moore self-anoint themselves as God’s representatives, Apparently the Reverend Moore thinks 911 victims were murdered by Islamists as punishment by God. How anyone can say this so callously shows what little heart he really has. That these self appointed mouthpieces hijack God and make people hate the Bible is the worst crime of all.

• Guffman says:

Remember that Trump reluctantly endorsed John McCain, and Pence endorsed Lyin’ Ted Cruz over Trump. Not all things are as they seem…

• Kaco says:

He didn’t tweet multiple praises about either. It will be interesting what he says in the rally tomorrow.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

Kaco, it’s going to be a MAGA rally! Alabamans are one lucky state to have Big Luther endorsed so enthusiastically by President Trump! They have to vote Luther. This is a once in a lifetime chance, I hope they show up in record numbers! The run off had a very low showing.

• cocomama says:

I live in Alabama. I have been back and forth about how to vote in this primary on Tuesday. I hate McConnell. GRRR! Today, I was comforted by the beautiful showing our President Trump gave the world at the UN. Absolutely beyond words. Immediately after calling out NK, China and others in the UN, DJT made time to come to little old Alabama. I am honored, Why does he make time for this? I don’t know. I don’t have to know. He is just coming,,,,,, to support Luther Strange. WOW! This ain’t New York City of the White house. This isn’t convenient or easy for him. I get it now though. He is coming to ask for my vote. MY VOTE. He has got it. I have peace now and will trust DJT to MAGA, (Make Alabama Great Again)

• guru1966 says:

Best post of the day, Guffman! Great point for all the strange apologists in the treehouse tonight.

• wj2016 says:

I love Trump but he also endorsed Ryan in 2016. If you like amnesty for illegals for Strange.

• mopar2016 says:

Don’t know much about Moore or Strange.
          Strange was a registered DC lobbyist for at least twenty years according to Wiki.

• dilonsfo says:

All I know, I never heard President Trump say that God was on his side…and rightly so. If God has plans for you to be a leader….you are going to be the leader. He may never whisper in in your ear but he will continuously guide you until He chooses the time and then, He places you where He wants you to be to show what He wants to be shown.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

Obnoxious like your hero, Moore. you write “please be gentle with your sarcasm for many of you live in a bubble”. Poor lil whining you and trash multiplying Breitbarters. (/S)
      It’s my turn to laugh. MAGA is leaving and you’re not on it. Go Luther!!

• guru1966 says:

From the debate… this alone is enough reason for me to vote FOR Moore and AGAINST Strange:

MOORE: Did you sir, have Robert Bentley, the former governor who appointed you to the Senate, under investigation while you were applying for that appointment?”

Strange did not answer.

2. wyntre says:

Sharyl is on with Sean, tonight.

3. budmc says:

4. LKA in LA says:

I just watched the Strange/Moore Me debate. My take is Moore is an angry nut. No accomplishments to brag about. He will be lucky of the gay mafia is not after him by this time tomorrow for his remarks. The entire debate was a waste of time.

Strange seems happy to be part of Trumps team. Who wouldn’t be?

5. senda72 says:

6. Liked by 2 people

7. deqwik2 says:

This is funny but may speaks to the mistakes of Alabama’s election.
    Type in : AlabamaDerservesMoore.com & it takes you to Doug Jones for Senate.

8. budmc says:

9. kea25252014 says:

LOL Love the fake news that ‘HRC new book breaks sales records’ LOL https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/hillary-clinton-book-breaking-sales-193244415.html Question what is the Clinton Foundation going to do with all those books?

10. NJF says:

And the left is outraged.

Boo hoo.

11. wheatietoo says:

Have they figured out yet that they’ve allowed themselves to be invaded?

• Sylvia Avery says:

Even in WW2 little Denmark managed to stand up and save their tiny Jewish population.

They somehow bred the Viking out of the Scandavian soul and replaced it with cuck Betas. It is sad to see the end of a proud people. But they are gone.

12. cycle1 says:

13. W. Robert Bernecky says:

If Strange, down by double digits in the polls, wins the primary with the help of PDT, then I can imagine the following: PDT makes a deal with a Dem Senator up for election next year in a state PDT won bigly. In exchange for a aye vote on the health care bill, PDT promises to NOT actively campaign against the Senator. (Of course, he would endorse the Rep candidate, but he would not do any rallies.) In other words, “Senator, I’ll give you a fighting chance, if we have a deal.”

That’s why it would be a good thing for Strange to win on Tuesday… lots of credible leverage.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

PDJT didn’t make any deals with McConnell because if you saw the debate, Big Luther is going to be phenomenal for AL. He is MAGA 100%. McConnell is impressed with Luther’s accomplishments, I don’t care what your last name is! Winning! How anyone doubted T45 is my question.

• You are such a cheerleader for this guy. It’s hard for me to understand.

He is a swamp dweller, a lobbyist for 20+ years, setting up Visas for rich Chinese. He is so unsure of his own worth that all he can do is say vote for me, the POTUS and VPOTUS like me, we are great personal friends. He talks about issues but never says anything. I looked up his cases as AG, the most important ones were the ones he punted. He brought up the waters of the US where Alabama joined 17 other states late in the game. How much personal involvement did he have? His other claim of accomplishment was that he voted for Gorsuch. Strange’s accomplishments are coattail deals. Strange’s involvement with Bentley’s investigation while he was applying for appointment from the same man is very troublesome.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

Because Breitbarters claim to be Christians but they turn out to be daily liars, along with the innuendos churned out by Moore’s people here…it deserves to be chucked into the non-MAGA waste bin.

• I hold no brief for Breitbart, pretty much have stopped going there at all so I’m glad to see we have something in common. We are just going to disagree on Alabama’s best candidate. The people of Alabama will choose and the events that unfold will be of interest to both of us. I believe we also hold in common a deep respect & gratitude to DJT & a wish to MAGA.

• Sue in MT says:

And if Moore wins? POTUS has lost some valuable political capital. Why is he risking that? Also, ohh the MSM will have a field day! (Shaking my head in befuddlement).

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

That is not how the POTUS rolls. He identifies the best man for the job and he will stand up for MAGA if he sees the forces are ganging up unfairly on a good, hardworking candidate.

14. Sylvia Avery says:

There has been a bit of a dust up between Jimmy Kimmel, whom I never watch, and Brian Kilmeade of Fox and Friends over the Cassidy-Graham Amendment of all things. Brian isn’t my favorite, but he’s mostly okay. Jimmy Kimmel called him a creep and threatened him physically on his show last night.

I was watching F&F this morning when Brian responded and thought he handled it with dignity, and made Jimmy Kimmel look like a fool.

• deqwik2 says:

I saw Brian but didn’t know Kimmel had threatened him. Now that I know, I appreciate Brian even more !

• mimbler says:

Thanks for sharing that. Brian revealed himself to be a class act, and Kimmel revealed himself to be, well, Kimmel.

• listingstarboard says:

Such a self serving pompous asshole is Jimmy Kimmel. He only cares because his son was born with Tetralogy of Fallot–if it did not personally affect him he would be pushing for single payer like all the other communist liberals. Its not like he can’t afford the surgeries, and if you are born with a congenital defect how can it be “pre-existing” ?? And don’t Commie liberals like Kimmel think babies in the womb “don’t exist” anyways?

15. Landslide says:

Random thoughts ahead: I am just sitting here thinking that the mere fact that President Trump has the physical and mental energy that he does at age 71 is phenomenal! He is definitely a very rare in that regard. And those abilities are a MAJOR factor in his successes. Just this week alone would be challenging for a 50 yr. old!! Also, he can eat fast food, chocolate cake, taco bowls, and 2 scoops of ice cream all while have a record-setting stamina. 🦁🇺🇸👍🏻 Amazed and thankful.

16. Just Scott says:

Starting to see stories like this in last 10 minutes:

“North Korea foreign minister says may detonate nuclear bomb in Pacific, reports South Korean news agency

North Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs Ri Yong Ho said that his country may consider a test of a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific Ocean, according to a report from South Korea’s official news agency Yonhap”

• Just Scott says:

So basically, a Nork in NY is speculating…

“N.K. FM says ‘highest-level’ actions in Kim’s remarks may be H-bomb test in Pacific ”

NEW YORK, Sept. 21 (Yonhap) — North Korea may conduct the most powerful test of a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific Ocean in its possible “highest-level” actions against the United States, the North’s top diplomat said Thursday.

Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho made the comment after North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said that he is considering the strongest actions in response to U.S. President Donald Trump’s threat to “totally destroy” the country.

“It could be the most powerful detonation of an H-bomb in the Pacific,” Ri told reporters. “We have no idea about what actions could be taken as it will be ordered by leader Kim Jong-un.”

17. Guffman says:

I just watched the Alabama debate as well – and I’ve never heard either of these two candidates speak before or know a whole lot about either of them – so I was going in fresh and with no biases (other than I know Trump’s been supporting Strange).

Moore killed it and was all over Strange. All Strange could do was talk about Trump supporting him… he had NO answers to Moore’s accusations AT ALL, and there were plenty of specific allegations of impropriety while Strange was in office. Strange’s performance was pathetic – just an endless string of platitudes and pollitispeak.

My takeaway… Trump is supporting Strange much like he supported McCain in the last election – to please Mitch and the the Swamp in exchange for getting something done. Moore will win this election by a landslide and will be a great Trump surrogate. Take that to the bank.

Remember Pence supporting Cruz when he really didn’t want to? Same dynamic here. For people here at the Treehouse who are supposed to be informed, I don’t understand how they don’t see what’s at play here. And lets not forget who Strange was appointed Alabama AG by – another deep, deep swamp creature and general dirt-bag, Robert Bentley. That speaks volumes alone.

What I’m really left wondering after this performance was how Trump is going to try to still make the appearance of enthusiastically supporting another swamp monster.

18. budmc says:

19. But it seems like after endorsing these guys, ie McCain in particular, they do nothing to support him. So, I don’t know where it gets him….although, from what people have said about Moore, I am afraid he will be another Rand Paul (and I used to be a Paul supporter…no more I can tell you that). So, no matter what he (Trump) does, he gets nothing back. The fate of an honest man….

20. Nchadwick says:

Have fun with this one —

The audacity of congress — Just recieved this from my Rep. Sinema —

21. Here is link to the Moore/Strange debate….haven’t watched it yet…

22. Sen Strange proudly talk of his victory in DAPA. I wonder why he never sued over DACA and still silent.

23. keebler AC ovfefe says:

Melania and Nikki, lol, so fantastic!

24. trumpfan1 says:

I only have one thing to say. Do you all really want another rand paul in senate, who block everything?

25. Nchadwick says:

Ok — Can you imagine the media outrage and coverage of this if President Trump reacted this way

Now remember — I posted earlier that CNN posted a segment about this exact appearance, the topic but about HRC insulted by Putin manspreading — didn’t even know what that was until today!

Sexism is only acceptable when it comes from the left

• Nchadwick says:

Here is the clip that FAKE NEWS CNN reported (how is this news) — about the SAME appearance — how dare Putin man-spread (???) — who knew —

This is the caption for CNN’s Video (the one linked above is not CNN and won’t get traffic!
      Hillary Clinton accuses Putin of … “manspreading.” CNN’s Jeanne Moos reports on how “manspreading” is spreading among world leaders.

26. Publius2016 says:

Facebook is going to hand over “Russian” collusion evidence they’ve discovered while refusing to hand over the “criteria” they used. BTW the proven and leaked evidence of DNC collusion with foreign governments was not analyzed by Facebook nor was Facebook collusion with Obama Administration officials on suppression of political ads mentioned.

27. Nchadwick says:

Obama’s promises for presidential center may not be enough this time for African-Americans

On the South Side of Chicago, people don’t criticize Barack Obama — not in the open, at least.

A nasty fight over a community benefits agreement with the Obama Foundation has exposed an unexpected rift between the former president and some of the South Side residents who helped lift him to prominence.

Not everyone on the South Side, it seems, thinks Obama did enough for black folks during his eight years as president. And as he prepares to build a presidential center that will pay tribute to his legacy, some South Siders are calling him out for what they consider broken promises.

Obama consistently has asked residents to trust that he will do right by them. The presidential center, he insists, will provide a wealth of opportunities specifically designed to meet the needs of Chicagoans who have long been overlooked.

But this time, according to one activist, there will be no “Amen, kiss the ring.”

Obama opened the door to the backlash when he appeared on a video at the foundation’s first public meeting last week and said flat-out that there would be no community benefits agreement.

Such a legal document, he said, would force the foundation to side with certain activist groups and leave others out. And, he added, it would open the door for other groups to step up and start making demands.

Without question, it’s a small contingency of people standing up to the former president, but you’ve got to admire their spunk. They are determined to hold Obama accountable to African-Americans on the South Side in a way no one ever did during his two terms in office.

This article is pro-obama — but interesting that there is some resistance in Chicago — Ironic, that if this was a republican, the group would be funded and “organized” to the fullest!

• Nchadwick says:

Such a community benefits agreement, which some local leaders have called for, would force the foundation to side with certain activist groups and leave out others, Obama said. And it would open the door for other groups — some without sufficient credentials— to make additional demands.

“The community benefit agreement concept is actually one that can be a really useful tool…if you have a bunch of developers coming in that want to build a high-rise or for-profit enterprise in your neighborhood,” Obama said. “But here’s the thing: we are a nonprofit and aren’t making money. We are just bringing money to the community.
      “I wanted to be in Chicago today,” Obama, who appeared on two screens and drew a standing ovation, told the audience”But they said, I got to go raise some money to build this Presidential Center,” he said to laughter from the crowd.

The first question for Obama was from Jeanette Taylor, 42, a longtime Woodlawn resident and organizer who has been working to craft a benefits agreement. She asked why, if he wants to help the residents who struggle with unemployment and can barely make ends meet, the foundation doesn’t put its promises in writing.

“The concern I have with community benefits agreements, in this situation, is it’s not inclusive enough,” Obama said. “I would then be siding with who? What particular organizations would end up speaking for everybody in that community?

“I’m not an outsider here,” he said. “I know the minute you say we’re thinking about signing something that will determine who is getting jobs, and contracts …I’ll have 20 organizations coming out of the woodwork, some of which I’ve never heard of before.”

A collective of activist organizations have been pressuring foundation leaders to sign a legal contract guaranteeing full-time, well-paid jobs to residents who currently live near Jackson Park. About 20 residents camped out overnight so they could be the first inside the meeting to ask questions about how the foundation will help preserve affordable housing in the region and contribute to nearby struggling public schools.

The activists got the first question, but weren’t satisfied with Obama’s answer.

“I just wanted him to say yes,” Taylor said, choking back her emotions and then letting the tears flow down her face. “A yes to people who have been disinvested in for so long is what I needed to hear to feel confident that this center is for everybody and not just for the elites.

“They are only talking about honoring a President while dishonoring many of the very people that put him in office.”

The only tense moment at the meeting was after Obama made clear he wouldn’t sign an agreement with the community. Another activist approached the microphone to try to force another question but was asked to sit down.

NICE — Activist ? These were member of the community and the meeting was for them to voice their ….In the article first time the decision-making leaders stood before a large group to discuss how the campus will look and how they hope to impact the community.

• Niagara Frontier says:

This shouldn’t be hard to fix. Spread the word in the neighborhood that Obama is pulling in speaking fees of $400,000 for a one hour speech. Then watch the fireworks.

28. Lucille says:

“The bullying of Melania Trump”
    Tipping Point With Liz Wheeler on OAN

29. big bad mike says:

Wow! Best RCP coverage I’VE ever seen. President even at a 41.2 % approval rating. First time in 4 months. What Happened? Maybe Hillbag is helping.

30. LM says:

If any of you have read any of my posts you know that I am not a stranger to Christianity.

I do not know Luther Strange or Judge Roy Moore.

I do not live in Alabama.

However, I feel it is necessary to weigh in on this because of my love and respect for President Trump.

We have sent him into enemy territory and asked him to put everything he loves at risk because of the greatness of our cause.

He is working so hard, and has enemies on all sides–even those who are on our side and should be supporting him.

He asks so little. If he feels that he can work with Luther Strange then I implore the people of Alabama to vote for him.

In order to keep our nation free from those who have come here to destroy us and who proliferate our government agencies and the democrat party, as well as those on our side who are aiding and abetting them becuase of the “purity of their beliefs and conscience “, we must keep our eyes on the bigger pictture and on the battles which count for the future of our country and of all that we hold dear. President Trumo needs and has asked for our help.

Please.

31. kea25252014 says:

How low can ratings go. As if we need another reason to boycott ABC and other networks (CBS, FOX and CW) http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/09/21/sanctuary-family-sitcom-works-abc/

‘Sanctuary Family’ Sitcom In the Works at ABC—- so they get deported in ep 2 right? Who would watch this?