Tuesday September 12th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

160 Responses to Tuesday September 12th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

• Minnie says:

American ingenuity at work 👍

• millwright says:

I suspect it will be long time before the American aerospace industry sees the caliber genius that was Mr. Clarence,” Kelly ” Johnson ! From his early days at Lockheed when he revealed – and corrected – a critical design flaw in their new Electra Johnson went on to design the P-38 ( so fast it “hit the wall ” of compressibility ) the famous ( and exquisitely beautiful ) Constellation, the USAF’s P-80 fighter jet, the F-104 ( the missile with a man in it ) , the U-2 and his ultimate creation; the SR-71 pioneering new and novel methods of manufacturing with materials covertly purchased from our enemy, Russia . But what I’ve always admired was his motto : ” Be quick, be quiet, be on time ” .

• Janie M. says:

Outstanding, citizen817

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Zoom Zoom ~~~. Boeing video released last Thursday, the 7th.

• Garrison Hall says:

Make no mistake, this is also an effective space fighter. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the newly minted space force isn’t working on laser armament or kinetic weaponry suitable for destroying satellites and missiles.

• dbethd says:

Very interesting book that discusses that plane and others created:

• Will Janoschka says:

“NASA released rare footage of the SR-71”

What is ‘rare’ is the footage taken by the SR-71; at an altitude of 25 km, at night!
      Has this been duplicated anywhere?

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

I have been in love with the SR71 “Blackbird” since the 1960s. You would think, with all the crap we waste tax dollars on, we could have found enough to keep this wonderful aircraft flying.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

The SR-71 is my favorite. Seems to me that the Wright Patterson AFB Museum might have had at least some of the YF12 series aircraft. The memory could be spotty, as the last time I visited was in 1984.

• Ahhhh…..the Blackbird. There is one on display at The Pensacola Air Museum on the big Military base there.

We got a tour by a retired Blackbird pilot (he also flew other planes) who spent his time showing off the plane. He told us that we would not believe how many UFO sitings were reported by the public when they were testing this beast……LOL.

• Sunshine says:

Whenever they reveal specialized military equipment, normally they already have a superior substitute in place. Great stuff flying in our skies.

2. Garrison Hall says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Lots of “interesting” claims from Alex Jones and Roger Stone today. Quite scary and believable is their report that Donald Trump’s long time friend and personal bodyguard, Keith Schiller, will be leaving the president’s side. Supposedly, after a White House policy dispute with gatekeeper General Darth Kelly he has decided to move back to NYC. Waiting to hear that verified.

• Garrison Hall says:

When you have someone working for you who threatens to resign if they don’t get their way, the appropriate response is to simply say, “how soon can you be out of your office”?

• Paco Loco says:

Well that’s a lot of dismaying insider info about what is happening to the President. Roger Stone is somewhat believable. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. POTUS needs loyalists and nationalists not CFR/globalists advisers. Scary talk about POTUS being drugged or poisoned.

• pacnwbel says:

This is very disturbing. We know we are not being told the truth, far from it.To think that PTrump is being progressively isolated by Gen. Kelleys heavy handed regulations, and that worse still he may be unwittingly being medicated to appear he is losing his mind, he needs our prayers so badly and also someone who has his back now that Schiller has been co erced into quitting. Who is there among public figures one can trust any more? We must speak up, we cannot sit idly by and lose the best protagonist for we the people and America.

• First I’ve heard of President Trump reportedly slurring his words. I hope it’s fake news and that someone isn’t slipping him something, as Alex and Roger are suggesting!

5. Guy-Blanc Déploré says:

For those of you who have seen the posts on TGP about making Bannon look bad with color adjustments:

Here I am, surfing around a couple channels, and right now on local PBS, here’s the Charlie Rose show, featuring lots of stuff from the Bannon interview that wasn’t used on 60 Mins.

Bannon looks completely normal, not all red. Same source & TV, from the same interview, but different producers. (and budget, I suspect) What I’m seeing completely validates the assertions of the guy featured in the TGP article.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

I saw that too, and remembered thinking, “I didn’t realized Bannon looks really good.” I didn’t connect the dots until you said it right here. that makes more sense. The news stations did the same thing to our president, since he announced running for POTUS.

MSM are dishonest, devious, nefarious, evil, manipulative, conniving, hateful…..feel free to add your descriptions, too.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

MSM … sneaky, spiteful, vengeful, greedy liars, power-hungry socialists, anti-American propagandists, sore losers, democrat terrorist sympathizers …

6. Paco Loco says:

How much more liberty and privacy can we afford to give up to the Deep State ?

7. nwtex says:

8. citizen817 says:

9. nwtex says:

I lost the tweet that this belongs to 😦 I went looking all over……came up with nuttin.

10. nwtex says:

❤ ❤ ❤

11. Lucille says:

Here’s a YT which I just happened across, not looking for anything special, just roaming. I’d wager his subscribers are mostly black and he’s speaking specifically to them, but it’s interesting for other races, too…gives a person hope that the middle class African-American is waking up and not buying into that BLM victimhood business….

September 11, 2017
    Brandon Tatum

• Bendix says:

BLM is controversial in the black neighborhoods where I live.
      So many black people have whites in their families, in the poor and working to lower middle classes, that they don’t want to hear that crap. As if their mother’s life is less than their father’s.

• Janie M. says:

Lucille, if you go to his youtube channel, he has a photo of himself (on the left hand side) and I do believe he is a LEO. So, in addition to his occupation, he is a patriot.

12. nwtex says:

13. nwtex says:

14. JohnP says:

Florida woman rescued from flooding home by luck, police tank

For all the people who laughed at police departments getting military vehicles from DHS.

15. nwtex says:

Dairy Queen Franchise Sign That Says ‘In God We Trust’ Generates Controversy After ‘Offended’ Customer Calls for Its Removal
    11 Sep 2017

A sign on the door of a Wisconsin Dairy Queen location that says “In God We Trust” is generating business and controversy after a customer visiting from out of town posted a picture of the sign to Dairy Queen’s national Facebook page.

“This restaurant is politically incorrect,” the sign reads, warning potential customers that staff will say “Merry Christmas” and “Happy Easter” to patrons, and will offer veterans free sundaes on Veterans Day.

The sign also says “In God We Trust,” a phrase that has been the national motto of the United States since 1956 and is printed on U.S. currency.

Customer Ashley Coleman, who visited a Kewaskum, Wisconsin, Dairy Queen location, posted a picture of the sign to Dairy Queen’s national Facebook page September 6, complaining that the sign was “extremely offensive”
    […]

WFRV reports that Coleman was visiting from Oregon when she saw the sign.

Kewaskum Dairy Queen owner Kevin Scheunemann said he put the sign up four years ago because he wanted to be “transparent” with his customers about the store’s views.
    […]

A spokesperson for Dairy Queen’s corporate office released a statement saying it “does not encourage” franchisees to post “non-business related messages” in their stores and asks that franchisees and owners treat customers with “respect”:

American Dairy Queen Corporation does not encourage our independently owned and operated franchisees to post non-business related messages in their locations or on their external reader boards. This sign expresses the views of this independent owner only and does not speak for ADQ Corporation or any of our other independent franchise owners. We expect our franchisees and employees to treat every person who walks through our doors with the utmost dignity and respect. Nothing less is acceptable.

(I pray they don’t cave all the way-nwtex)

Great comments, of course. This being just one–

jackie Carey • 9 hours ago

Be careful DQ there’s nothing wrong with Americana…..If you bother this franchise owner one bit we’ll boycott everyone single one of your DQ…..You’ll be right back where you were a few years ago.

16. boomerguy says:

Please remind me again of the sites where I can save a photo so I can post it here. (I took a great photo yesterday that fits with the Dairy Queen post from nwtex above.)

17. I didn’t post this yesterday. Thought it might seem in poor taste. I had an important association with 9/11 long before the NY attack. It’s the birthday of my favorite acoustic guitarist (in 1945). I’ve met him a few times, gone to many concerts, and was his driver/roadie for one. I’ve worked on playing his simpler tunes for decades:

18. Guy-Blanc Déploré says:

Looks like a little good news for the Pacific Northwest – Finally a weather pattern shift that will bring rain and cooler weather is about to arrive! Heaven knows we need it, with the fires & drought.

19. Janie M. says:

Much has been said about Google’s pervasive ways… but this is food (creepy) for thought. Last week, I had expressed my dissatisfaction with the quality of foreign made clothing – fuzzballs, thin fabric, etc. Singingsoul said she sews and includes lining for her dresses. I mentioned I also sew but hadn’t in a while because of my sewing machine issues. And I said I took Home Ec. for a number of years in school (60’s) and liked “Simplicity” clothing patterns. I have an Amazon acct. and if you do also, you are aware you get will get occasional emails from it featuring an item you have viewed at their site.Tonight, I received one of those emails… and the items shown were ….”Simplicity 1950’s Vintage Pattern 1155 Women’s Vintage Style…by Simplicity” Included were Butterick and Vogue patterns. Coincidence? To the best of my knowledge, I have never viewed any sewing patterns over at Amazon.

• Jim in TN says:

Not a coincidence. But they failed big time. Should have offered you new sewing machines or maybe sewing machine repair services too. And what material should you select?

Massive fail. Stupid AI.

• Janie M. says:

Jim, what I have is an all metal body Singer machine (very heavy). Made back in the day when plastic parts were a rare addition. Has a plastic carrying case only. Was given to me as a 21st birthday gift (over 40+ yrs ago) by my former in-laws. Bobbin/threading part was acting up. Took it to a repairman but he didn’t fix the problem. Eventually, I will take it to another repairman and hopefully it will be fixed. I can only do hand sewn repairs and a machine will be much faster.

• litenmaus says:

Janie. Although most folks don’t mess with it or even know it exists, there is a tiny little screw located on the piece that your bobbin sits in & threads through. If you can’t use your machine anyway, then tinkering with the settings on that screw will cause you no damage. You may find that with a little patience (a quarter turn at a time), resetting the tension on that one little screw could be all that is needed to correct your bobbin/threading issue and getting your machine up and running again. :0)

• Janie M. says:

I had inadvertently posted this over at the Presidential thread… my apologies. Getting over a cold, my 1st in about 3 years.

20. nwtex says:

Well, tomorrow is here. With that I sure hope we will hear from smiley and citizenmom today. And anyone else who we haven’t seen and was in the Irma path. I know there are others but I don’t do to much reading of comments so not sure who I may not be naming. Sorry.
    God’s blessings on them and every last person who has been dealing with this terrible situation. Scary times for sure!

• allhail2 says:

Nice morning in Sanford, FL. Cool, about 72 not a cloud in sky. Going to 89 later. Finally a better night of sleep, generator and fans. Breezy day yesterday helped dry out a lot around here. Two days of good cleanup weather, and then big rains forecasted starting Thurs. Hopefully that changes. Tree into second story on other side of us.

Running cords into my house and neighbor. Elderly lady next door to us on oxygen, gen going up run 24/7 until we come back up. Still have a 240 outlet. Going to store today to make up a cord to get down to several 120’s to increase availability.

Taking boards off dad’s office in a bit (32 full sheets) then back home for more cleanup. Wife seems to be settled ok, son fine, daughter a little spooked by the whole thing. But of course, the back to back to back ’04 hurricanes is how she got here 😜

• duchess01 says:

Thanks for the update, all! Hope and pray – each day gets easier – God Bless You!

• Janie M. says:

allhail2, laughing at your comment regarding your daughter’s “creation” in ’04. There have been a number of stories over the years about spiking birth rates following black-outs (NYC), massive winter storms, etc. Happy that you and yours are in halfway decent shape and getting back to life. Very kind of you to take care of your neighbor.

21. Dora says:

Thomas Moran – Waterfall in Yosemite (1913)

22. nwtex says:

23. nwtex says:

From the link in the tweet –

“It is so fitting that the State of Israel is the only foreign nation to erect a 9/11 memorial, which includes the name of every victim lost on that tragic day,” Amb. Friedman told participants. “Israel and the United States forever will be joined in the battle against – and ultimately the defeat of – radical Islamic terrorism.”
    […]

24. nwtex says:

RIP lovely, gentle lady. Thank you!

25. nwtex says:

26. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”
    Romans 6:14 (KJV)

27. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

• Sweet Amazing duchess01, many of your postings as I have told you I cut and paste to my WallPaper folder at work so they intermittently display across my monitors. This a.m. Psalms 56:11 and Ephesians 1:2 popped up when my computer booted up…very calming, thank you and God bless you my sweet.

All is good with our home and office. Some were not as lucky, lots of BIG trees coming down. One man around the Perimeter Hwy was killed when a tree came down on his house. God rest his soul. So very sad he was 55. Porches taken out by trees in our neighborhood and a huge one missed a house on the main street, they were VERY lucky. For the most part it looks like a salad shredder went thru with long stick-croutons 😉 of various sizes.

…..employee just came in showed me picture of a tree, thank the Good Lord, didn’t fall on his house but in his backyard…In the picture he was standing by the root system and he looked like a dwarf, you could have stacked 3-4 of him to cover the diameter…Thank you God for blessings received and prayers answered.

I end with the song that played in my car on the way to work off my CD …all thruout the storm as it approached ALL I told Him I would praise Him come what may. I hope there is another Treeper this can provide comfort to. God bless Treepers, and thank you Sweet Amazing duchess01

• duchess01 says:

Oh, my heart hurts for all who have suffered loss of any kind – with all of those near misses – God’s angels were working overtime imho – heard some good news from Jacksonville – my friend’s house was spared – and – there was little flooding – she also had power – another friend in Ocala – where the shelters are full of people from South Florida – lost power – but, Praise God anyway – bet they are working the shelters, tho’ – two former Salvation Army employees of 30 years!

So glad you are okay and lending spiritual support to those around you – people tend to look at what they have lost – and not what they have left –

Praying for gas to rain down on Sundance – from Heaven – no – not literally – but, I know he will be happy when he can help others – just the way he is – you know –

God Bless You, Adorable Amazing Grace – you are precious!

• Amen, I will always look up.
          Beautiful post of yours and so glad your friends are well. Yes praying help and gasoline for SD. What a blessed soul he is, how blessed are we to know him.

God bless you too duchess01 you are precious to all of us. Cannot wait to hear all of our beloved Treepers checking back in when they can.

If you see us Treepers but cannot respond yet, we LOVE all y’all!

• duchess01 says:

Wherever they are – they are under God’s protection – I think God got bombarded with prayers – and he answered them all –

Another friend said all around him lost power – but, he was okay – I know he will be like Sundance – running around helping others – even tho’ he will lose power when they work on the power grid – God is bringing out the best in people – and Imma lovin’ it –

What a lovely song! I am going to send it to my friends so when their power is restored – they can hear it –

Treepers know – it is how we are – a big family hanging out in the Treehouse sharing and caring for each other – remember – someone is always praying for you – sometimes, someone you don’t even know – I prayed for a stranger who was very ill – out of the blue – she thought – and she became one of my bestest friends – prayers brings people together – and solves BIG problems, too – God is Great in His Gifts! Hugs!

28. nwtex says:

FORTY ‘high risk’ prisoners escaped on British Virgin Isles after hurricane Irma as islanders now fight over the last scraps of food and evacuated tourists weep with relief that their hell is over
    12 September 2017

–Desperate residents on St Martin have been seen brawling over remaining scraps of food left on the island

— The regional police chief said a gang of 600 ‘local delinquents’ were responsible for large scale looting

–Exhausted tourists pictured breaking down in tears as they prepare to board evacuation flights from island

–People trapped on the island have described the ‘biblical-scale destruction’ as relief efforts gather pace today

—Islanders are taking matters into their own hands, arming themselves with machetes to defend themselves

—Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson is to fly to the Caribbean to visit British territories devastated by Irma

—British Cabinet Briefing document suggests 40 ‘high risk’ prisoners are on the loose in the British Virgin Isles

–Authorities confirmed 10 people had been killed on Cuba bringing the death toll to at least 34 in Caribbean

[…]

Aftermath: Luxury yachts lie stacked up on top of each other in marinas on the island of St Martin in the wake of the hurricane

Members of the New York Air National Guard help evacuees as they prepare to leave St. Maarten for the safety of San Juan, Puerto Rico

A young woman breaks down in tears as she prepares to leave St Martin. People trapped on the island have described the destruction there as ‘biblical’

• psadie says:

A British tourist slammed the French and Dutch governments for their sloooow response but was GRATEFUL to the AMERICAN ARMY WHO SAVED THEM and got them off the island of St. Martin. USA, USA, USA.

29. nwtex says:

30. Dora says:

What a tribute to Jesus! I find it ugly and heretical!

31. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

32. Richard Bledsoe “Still Life 1990” oil on canvas

Good morning Treepers, my wife Michele Bledsoe and I are visionary artists who voted for Trump. On my blog The Remodern Review I write about the state of the arts and the fight against Postmodern decadence. My latest entry tells the story of how I came to be a dedicated painter, 27 years ago.

33. allhail2 says:

…And the list grows. Need to run to WNC up via 95-26. Damage at house. Anyone been on road and can report on fuel. I’m diesel so that helps. TY in advance.

34. corimari2013 says:

Remember when Nordstrom dropped Ivanka’s product line from its stores this past February?
    I am hunting for leggings for my young granddaughter this morning, and search results included this: Look at the ugly and trashy product line Nordstrom is okay with selling–it’s called ‘Good American’: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/good-american-women?campaign=0911GoodAmericanhp1&jid=J009128&cid=-_-&cm_sp=merch-_-wap_1499_J009128-_-hp_corp_P01_shop&cm_re=HP_P01_1x1-_-0911wap_categorydriver_goodamerican-_-brand

35. corimari2013 says:

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things…….Philippians 4:8

• litenmaus says:

As of Tuesday, September 5th, there have been an estimated 1,684 wildfires in Montana in 2017; they have burned an estimated 998,401 acres.

The 2017 fire season currently ranks as the third-worst in the last 20 years, in terms of acres lost.

“As a thank you to the wildland firefighters working so hard in our state to protect us and our property, the following chiropractors are providing free services to these hard working firefighters for the rest of the month of September.”

Hats off to the Montana Chiropractic Association for their direct support for volunteer fire-fighters.

“whatever is admirable…excellent…or praiseworthy-think about such things”

36. psadie says:

VICTORY for the righteous is JUDGEMENT for the wicked!

37. So comforting, God bless Treepers, stay in faith stay with each other.
    Together we can do anything as our wonderful President says. We ARE Americans and Deplorable, Amen. Love you all!!

38. dbethd says:

My babies got some new socks in the mail. They were having fun trying them on.

• Ddanna says:

So cute — I love the boots too!

• AZ_Giggles says:

oh! so adorable! I LOVE that they still have their baby dimples in their hands. I got very sad when my daughter lost hers, lol. For some reason, I feel like that means she’s growing up. She’s already told me she wants to move out when she’s 16 or 17, just because she feels she’ll be ready to start contributing to the world. Told me that once she moves out, she’ll be in a better position to help me when I get older, haha. Who am I to tell her not to be independent?

• dbethd says:

I was just lamenting that I will forget what it feels like to feel their pudgy hands in mine, so I need to enjoy it while I can!

The days are slow and the years fly by! 😥 🙂

39. bessie2003 says:

This is from a few years ago, but there is some useful information which may help navigate this latest online credit rating agency security breach.

40. In honor of smiley, God bless you smiley we LOVE you💖 One of the many paintings she has shared with us during the years. This one popped up on my screen at work just before I left. smiley we are praying for you and everyone. We cannot wait to have you back here with us. Big hugs and love

41. Janie M. says:

I just signed up online (my appt. date) for Equifax’s TrustedID Premier plan. There was no mention of any fees being charged at the enrollment site or FAQs section. Equifax and the 2 other major credit agencies should already have a “credit freeze” on my account due to the hack of the IL Dept. of Employment Security database in late March of this year. I received notice on March 29, 2017, and a few days later in April contacted the 3 credit agencies.

42. youme says: