WHITE HOUSE – President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump announced today a personal donation of $1 million dollars to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts and have designated twelve organizations to receive contributions.

The President and First Lady witnessed the work of some of these groups first hand while visiting with hurricane survivors, first responders, volunteers, and Federal, State, and local officials, and are proud to further assist the recovery efforts in Texas. Several of the following organizations were recommended, at the invitation of the President, by members of the White House Press Corps, and he would like to thank those who made recommendations for their attention to this important cause.

The President and First Lady continue to pray for the people of Texas and Louisiana.

Reach out America – $100,000
Red Cross – $300,000
Salvation Army – $300,000
Samaritan’s Purse – $100,000
ASPCA – $25,000
Catholic Charities – $25,000
Direct Relief – $25,000
Habitat for Humanity – $25,000
Houston Humane Society – $25,000
Operation Blessing – $25,000
Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies – $25,000
Team Rubicon – $25,000

This entry was posted in Hurricane Harvey, Melania Trump, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

102 Responses to President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump Provide Personal Harvey Relief Donation…

1. Nigella says:

I would never donate to the Red Cross…

2. Carolyn says:

Liz Clayman on Fox Business said two million to Harvey Perhaps they erred and it is a million to Harvey and a million to Irma, but she was reading the release from the WH and said it had been increased in amount.

3. adoubledot says:

More donated than in Obamas’+Bidens’+Clintons’+Gores’ lifetimes combined?

4. fleporeblog says:

Absolutely awesome! The fact that Barry, the Clintons and others haven’t given nor will give a damn dime makes this wonderful gift even better.

I was also happy to see that one of the charities was the ASPCA :)!

5. TigerBear says:

Thank you President Trump and First Lady Melania. 👏🏽👍🏽👍🏽🤗

We still haven’t heard of any of the former presidents donating anything, except of course high criticism of our President! Really shows what vile creatures they truly are. Sadly!

6. rodney says:

Good to see something in there for the animals(four-legged) but the MSM is going to be… “Dog rescued in Houston may have a skinhead background!”

7. MfM says:

I wouldn’t donate to the Red Cross. I’ve heard way too many horror stories about them.

• MfM says:

Notice those foam clamshells for food? Each and every one of them has a big Red Cross on them. That is exactly the sort of thing I’m against. Why waste your money branding everything? The blankets, the boxes, the aprons/vest and other apparel that the helpers were wearing… all said Red Cross.

• Sylvia Avery says:

High administrative costs.

• olderwiser21 says:

Yes, their administrative costs are very high. It costs them $30 to raise $100, according to Charity Watch and their three top officers each make over half a million dollars in salary each year, with the top earner making over $600,000. Among top charities listed in all categories, their rating is only a B+.

• n1ghtcr4wler says:

So you would donate to the crescent moon instead?

• TreeClimber says:

Horror stories or no, Red Cross was the only organization I know of with shelters in SC during Matthew. The church I attended refused to help my homeless mother because she wasn’t a member. So my family ended up in two RC shelters (first became too crowded so we shifted over a few miles), with blankets and hot food and three meals a day. My sister had a fever during the storm, they gave her a place to lie down, blankets, water. The second shelter gave us extra blankets for her, since they had spares. All the ready-to-eat meals they had left over (about a Walmart bag full) they gave to my mother so she wouldn’t starve waiting for stores to reopen and restock, since she couldn’t stockpile food in the car and the storage unit had a foot of water in it.
      So yeah, I believe it when people say the Red Cross is corrupt. But that doesn’t mean they don’t help.

• churchmouse says:

Thank you for that post.

Furthermore, the President and First Lady were handing out Red Cross lunches on Saturday in Houston and mixing with the Red Cross volunteers/employees there. Based on that, it would look odd if they left the Red Cross off their list.

N.B.: I stopped donating to the Red Cross many years ago for the reasons many here have but still acknowledge that those on the ground do good work. Their Houston operation at the relief centre looked efficient, friendly and caring.

8. Harry Lime says:

Every time I see the First Lady my admiration grows by leaps and bounds. Classy, elegant, down to earth goodness. She is just what this country needed after eight years of mopey, whining, disrespect.

9. birdlady612 says:

That is so very generous of them. Thank you very much- the rest of the people in government could stand to take a lesson from them.

10. Kroesus says:

Thank You Mr President……LOVE is an action and you have expressed yours on more than one occasion

11. Pam says:

Samaritan’s Purse is probably the best one of all the charities listed. You never have to worry about where your money is going. I sent off a small donation to them this morning.

I’m not surprised that POTUS & FLOTUS have such a giving heart towards these charities since POTUS has always loved to donate to people in need and not wanting any fanfare for it. That’s why I have so much respect for him.

12. NJF says:

Thank you POTUS & FLOTUS!

Here’s hoping we don’t need more relief from Irma.

13. BMG says:

I recall that V.P. Joe (“Stand Up Chuck…Awww, G-D Luv Ya”) Biden took a tax deduction on his boxers, and other very important personal stuff. Class act, that Joe! What a guy!

Stand Up, Joe, take a bow.

14. Bob Thoms says:

Nice. Love that they donated to animal rescue/aid – Houston Humane Society.

Barron needs a dog; the first family needs a dog; the White House needs a dog; Americans would love for our First Family to adopt a Houston rescue…..that would be nice.

• skipper1961 says:

Bob,
      I believe every growing boy (or girl) should experience a dog’s affection. It builds character, and eventually teaches one the lesson of mortality. Important, ne, invaluable

• olderwiser21 says:

I think Baron should go on some of the service trips with his mom and dad. Kind of like Princess Diana used to take her boys around with her when she visited the people of England. It would be so good for him to see what a life of service is all about. He seems like a bright, intelligent young man.

• skipper1961 says:

olderwiser21,
        While I totally agree with your sentiment, I assume he may be “left behind” for security reasons. I would LOVE an opportunity to express to Barron, my undying gratitude for the innumerable sacrifices made by Barron’s whole family. And after President Trump’s SECOND term, he’ll be eighteen, and even more worldly than he probably is now. What incredible potential to become another BIGLY consequential man!

15. Pam says:

16. safespace says:

Gosh. The Trump’s donated one million dollars more than Barack Hussein Obama did. And one million dollars more than The Clinton Foundation. And one million dollars more than Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi and Smidge McConnell and Paul Ryan combined. What a surprise.

17. bluegirl says:

Franklin Graham and Samaritan’s Purse are AMAZING!!!
    Thanks to our incredible President and First Lady for their generosity and support to Texas and Louisiana.

• SafeSpace says:

We have supported them for years: Cash from my family as we are geezers, and working hands from other members of our church who are younger and stronger. SamPurse is onsite virtually everywhere people are in need of relief from disasters, large and small. Please take a look at their website if you have a minute: https://www.samaritanspurse.org/

18. wodiej says:

Thank you both for including animal charities. They are often forgotten about.

19. Bob Thoms says:

I googled “Obama donation to Sandy victims”;;;;;;nada, nilch, zero !

20. skipper1961 says:

Imagine that! When most were “writing off” their visit as a “photo-op”, they seem to have been doing their own version of “under cover BOSS”! How wise are the First Couple, to have actually participated, and OBSERVED where their money goes? Buckets of AMERICAN AWESOME!!!!
    God Bless Mr.& Mrs. Trump

21. A very classy President and First Lady. What generosity!

22. Nailbanger says:

The FLOTUS is hot!

• skipper1961 says:

Nailbanger,
      While I certainly do not disagree with you (nor would many with eyes, or ears to hear that engaging accent), I think Mrs. Trump’s beauty is far deeper than skin. She is one of VERY few, that when I might “think out loud” about her attributes, my wife agrees w/me wholeheartedly. I lost count of how many times OUR First Lady has moved her to tears. Mr. Trump is indeed a WINNER! And he deserves to be proud of that victory. Did you know that the future Mrs. Trump initially rebuffed Mr. Trump’s attention? SO GLAD that he persevered!

23. RJ says:

God bless the people in Texas and Louisiana. And God bless President Trump and FLOTUS Melania Trump for their compassion and generosity.

24. Annie says:

so happy to see that they did not forget the animals..not that they would…as another Treeper said.
    I wish they would get a dog for the WH..Barron needs a dog!!!!

25. chick20112011 says:

Kurt Eichenwald is in full meltdown mode. For three days he’s been calling Trump and liar, where was the million dollars. What an Unhinged, delusional ALT-LEFT Media scum. Quite a few tweets with Kurt Obsessing over the million dollar donation.

@kurteichenwald
    You know, we still haven’t seen that million dollar check down here in Texas. We could really use it now, @potus. Lots of displaced ppl.
    @kurteichenwald
    Still unpaid.
    @kurteichenwald

Kurt Eichenwald Retweeted Joy Reid
    Maybe he was hallucinating a million dollar check was pasted to the wall.Kurt Eichenwald added,

Joy ReidVerified account @JoyAnnReid
    What kind of adult thinks writing their name on the wall is the best contribution they can make at a hurricane shelter? https://twitter.com/toluseo/status/904034508307140608
    These “journalists” are suffering from DJT derangement syndrome.

26. Robert says:

I love my President Trump! Also, I can not leave out my Sundance! Love you guys….