MAGAnomics – Overall Economic Confidence Doubles in Latest YouGov Poll…

A new poll of economic sentiment provided by YouGov shows that almost twice as many people have a favorable view of the current economic climate amid the U.S. general population.  [Full pdf Available Here]

As noted in the chart below when comparing July 2016 to August 2017 the number of people with a favorable view of their own personal and national economic outlook has almost doubled.

(click to enlarge)

Question: Overall do you think the economy is getting better or worse?

• The Democrats who said things were “Getting Better” decreased from 28% to 14%.
  • The number of Republicans who said “Getting Better” jumped from 5% to 53%.
  • The total of the general public saying “Getting Better” jumped from 17% to 30%.
This entry was posted in Big Government, Economy, media bias, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

116 Responses to MAGAnomics – Overall Economic Confidence Doubles in Latest YouGov Poll…

1. Guy K. says:

These numbers suggest that the cooked Presidential approval polls are pure, unadulterated B.S., because if the President was really that unpopular, the economic sentiment would not be this upbeat.

• jeans2nd says:

Check the details, Guy. They are still lying. These numbers are based on 565 Democrats, 565 independents, and 352 Republicans. These numbers are actually too low. There is no way the party registrations are that disparate.

• filia.aurea says:

Try as they might, the President’s detractors are failing to dampen the Trump Administration’s positive effect on the U.S. Economy in just a few short months. #MAGA

• piper567 says:

filia…we really do need to occasionally remember this…this, and to check in periodically with the ratings on these “news” shows which give so many people shingles.
        a very small hysterical group…
        it won’t do to say Americans don’t get it.
        Yes, they do: Trump won The Election.

• shallbe4 says:

Guy YES. The American people are not stupid. They know that Trump had no involvement in what happened in Virginia. He said what was necessary to be said and the Dems could not wait to use the Race Card. The Dems can’t get to Trump because he thinks big. While the Dems worry about racism around every corner Trump is busy trying to fix this nation so that everyone who wants to work will get a good job and therefore will be more positive about their future. Today the Dems said that we who support Trump are just as racist as he is and therefore just as responsible. The Dems should take a time out cause its not working for them.

• BobinFL says:

I was saying to my wife yesterday that I thought that real polling of the democrat base must be showing a problem as the economic outlook continues to improve and that what happened in VA appears contrived to gin up the base. Too many media people, government officials and pundits crying and waving their talking points within minutes of what happened. This polling, that I don’t think reflects reality as I think it understates the optimism many are feeling, only reinforces my initial feelings on what happened in VA.

2. Bruce says:

yet all the weaklings are running away from DT. Losers!

3. FofBW says:

A very good reason the Deep State is going Ape.

• fleporeblog says:

You hit it on the ECONOMIC NAIL!

Folks the Left, Uniparty, Globalist, CoC, Big Club, MSM are dying slowly but surely! The Economic Train 🚂 has left the station and will not ever return back! 3% GDP is NOW the new norm. People laughed at the Atlanta Federal Reserve. Now they are considered the gold standard for future GDP predictions. None of this would ever have been possible if not for the Energy Revolution our President created singlehandedly.

From the article linked above:

Latest forecast: 3.7 percent — August 15, 2017

The GDPNow model forecast for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the third quarter of 2017 is 3.7 percenton August 15, up from 3.5 percent on August 9. The forecast of the contribution of personal consumption expenditures to third-quarter real GDP growth increased from 1.91 percentage points to 1.97 percentage points after this morning’s retail sales release from the U.S. Census Bureau.

I absolutely agree with Larry Schweikart that our GDP will reach 5% to 6%+ if Tax Reform and Infrastructure are done ✅. If Healthcare ever gets taken care of reaching Reagan’s largest GDP number of 7.2% would absolutely be attainable.

The Republicans are screwed! They cannot allow the year to end and our President getting all the accolades for reaching 3% GDP in 2017 even with Barry’s 1st quarter 1.2% holding it back! Getting 3.7% in the third quarter coupled with 3.7% in the 4th and the 2nd quarter readjusted upwards, it can really happen.

That is why Tax Reform and Infrastructure is a guarantee to happen because they need to be in the celebration and not on the outside looking in! Healthcare will continue to rot away with Lucifer in the AZ desert 🌵!

4. indiana08 says:

This is why Pres. Trump will win in the long run. People vote with their pocketbooks. The left only have the Nazi tactics of name calling and dehumanizing. Just wait until you hear some targeted democrat low info voter saying something like “I don’t care if he’s a “Nazi”, I’m getting rich!”. It’s the economy that matters the most to a lot of people. Pres. Trump’s policies are working!

• fleporeblog says:

You have the post of the night! Our President said that yesterday and it drove them nuts because he is right. Race relations will improve when people have good paying jobs.

There is nothing and I mean nothing they can do, statue they can remove, Nazi supremacy group they can confront that can stop the Economic Train 🚂! The train 🚂 is gone and there is nothing that they can do to get it back! That is MAGAnomics on steroids.

• Will Janoschka says:

flep: “Our President said that yesterday and it drove them nuts because he is right. Race relations will improve when people have good paying jobs.”
        All relations will improve when each part recognizes P45’s opportunity to advance yourself without need to bash your neighbor for trying to do the same! This includes corporate neighbors! Competition by displaying own skill and workmanship\value.
        flep, would you please share ‘your’ perspective on the Charlottesville mess? My reading is that the “Unite the right”, while having questionable leadership, was trying to get some P45 support by attempting to prevent the willful destruction of a symbol\monument to General R.E. Lee in a place called Lee Park! One does not become General by being a corrupt Congress-criter! Who created that monument? Why destroy such effort?
        Who labeled MAGA ‘White nationalism’‘ to imply White supremacy (KKK). Thank you!

• shallbe4 says:

In the end its all about how well this country’s people are doing. We have heard the same racist garbage every election for the last 8 years. People are sick and tired the same old tactics getting us nowhere. The Dems would rather see Black Voters joined that the hip with the Government while Trump wants them to have their part of The American Dream.

5. Trumpfan1 says:

Lol at democrats

6. Sylvia Avery says:

B-b-but statues….and and white supremacists…

A rising tide raises all boats. This economy is going to blow the roof off. Frankly, it already is as compared to the last ten years. I love every new positive economic indicator. I cheer. I exult. And I thank God for PDJT.

7. magagirl says:

And it will get even better, we are not even in full production mode yet. Some of the factories are just getting ready to build and hire people.

8. magagirl says:

I think I read Steve Bannon hopes the democrats keep their racial narrative, because Trump’s nationalistic economy will win over that. MAGA

• mimbler says:

I’m sure he does for a few reasons:
      1) The majority of Americans including moderate democrats are tired of the race card, and are not unaware of the racism of La Raza, and BLM, etc.
      2) Most Americans instinctively know antifa are violent criminals, and not preferable to a dwindling pool of mostly-talk kkk types.
      3) They are tuning out the media pretty much totally on the anti-Trump nonsense seeing that after the smoke settles, there is no there, there.

4) And of course your point: Their lives are getting better. Most Americans want illegal invasion stopped (and don’t like being called racist for not wanting to compete with illegals for jobs), and Trump is making the world a safer place (i.e. the North Korea stand down that he is not getting media credit for).

9. MisterPasta says:

I love how the Democrats answer the economy is getting worse, when they know damn well it’s getting better. They just can’t bring themselves to admit what a complete and utter failure the last President was on the economy (I know, that’s not the only area he failed in).

This is the thinking that allows a guy like DeBlasio to be elected mayor of NYC.

New York will probably re-elect him in November, then the next mayor will be a Republican so he/she can clean up the city…again. Then, when the city has been saved once more, they will vote in a leftist to destroy it.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• mimbler says:

I know, I laughed when I saw that. They are so partisan they even lie on polls!

• An American says:

MisterPasta, the last president was not a failure on the economy. That was his plan from the get-go, turn the USof A into a third world country and he almost succeeded.

10. Maquis says:

Adjust for Leftist Poll Inflation Numbers and this is truly huge.

11. Michelle says:

Good, it’s about time things got worse for democrats. Trump’s intention was for things to get better for everyone, but Democrats want to resist anything Trump does, and therefore things will get worse for Dems.

12. Greg says:

What’s amazing is that even though this poll sampled Democrats over Republican by 7%, we STILL get these results.

Somehow, I don’t think the Mainstream Media is going to mention this poll.

13. valheisey says:

As a retired person, financially I see little difference except the nest egg has grown which is a great thing. Psychologically, I feel great relief and a sense of calm bc I know we are allowed to feel exceptional again. When the previous person in the Whitehouse went to other countries to apologize for us, I was incensed. I knew I had nothing to apologize for and who did this guy think he was… he wasn’t speaking for me and the entire 8 years was like having a dirge playing in the background. Lost all sense of pride in being an American. Sad! But now things have changed BIGLY!

• A growing nest egg is a good thing. This has happened without inflation. It’s real economic growth, not financialized smoke and mirrors.

• The Boss says:

Excellent point!

• Will Janoschka says:

I wish that US corporations would learn to hire the most skilled; not the cheapest, nor the overeducated! Not the fastest but most skilled\careful\self-pride. The best corporate investment. They are local, older, and ready, to dismiss any apprentice that refuses to learn, or become skilled!

• Maquis says:

That kind of “shape up or ship out” attitude is indeed necessary for certain recent generations of over-sized children to discover the joys of productive work, and that your true self-worth is skill-based, not a product of one’s attitude.
          In the real-world workplace, Competence is King.

14. Travis McGee says:

That Trump is going to succeed scares the living shit out of the dems, media, GoPe and the Globalist. They are getting more and more desperate as indicated by their insane criticism.

15. Niagara Frontier says:

If Obama were still President, I would expect that his Nobel Prize for Economics would already be in the mail.

The media gives no credit to President Trump or his team for their successes, but the people know who is responsible for the improvement in their lives. That the administration has accomplished this much with almost universal opposition makes it all even more amazing.

16. Brant says:

I think I have come up with something we all can do. Talk about grass roots. Roam your town, county, region. Find some factory or something that is employing people. We need a permanent spot on here to post local industry. I will start. Polar Beverages is based out of Massachesetts (I know that’s bad), but they have a local factory here in Fitzgerald, GA. They make things like Arizona Tea and similar. They do sell to Walmart, I know bad, but they are employing local people. Can there be a post location where we can place US industry when we find it?

Another thing on a larger scale. Are there not infrastructure projects on the books/codified in law that the POTUS can let out for bid and bypass vietCongress? Perhaps he can focus on smaller construction companies. Maybe minority owned. Multinationals like Bechtel, Halliburton, etc, get outta here. Publicly call out Halliburton (Cheney) that would bleed off certain people. In short, for lack of a better word, we have to deNazify the multi national corporate world. Is there enough remnant good ole US based small industry to retool and get this thing moving? I know it’s out there. We just need to get it out in the open.

• Brant says:

I shop at o’reilly auto parts because they are american owned. Granted lots of product probably made in China, but you gotta start somewhere. About every week or so, I will go in and buy something whether I need it or not. I tell them I shop there because they are US owned. I think Kentucky. I will buy a little something at a local sears home store. It’s employing local people and owned locally. I try to eat at local mom and pop places…….yes, includes Mexican. Granted the coronary in a bun is easy and everywhere. Local grocer is Harvey’s. I shop there over walmart. So, bananas are 3 cents more. Or milk is maybe 40 cents more. If Walmart runs them out, walmart will jack the price. So, there are some things out there.

• I can tell you I work for a software company based in NYC. Very little has been outsourced – programming, some QA and TechSupport are all in the USA. We have offices in other countries but headquarters is here. We consider ourselves a software factory.

In Newburgh, NY there is a a factory which makes alumnum cans and bottles for software and beer bottlers. Their customers include Coke, Anahesier-Busch, etc..

There is a Domino Sugar plant is in Yonkers, NY.

IBM is still in Poughkeepsie, NY but barely. They are moving jobs overseas as fast as you can blink all the while getting breaks for keeping jobs in NY. They are also further upstate but not sure where.

So much has closed but I’ll look around for more and post.

• Dick’s Sporting Goods Stores are owned by a family out of Pennsylvania

• Chobani Greek Yogurt is owned by an immigrant, headquartered in Norwich, New York (with production facilities in South Edmeston, New York, and Twin Falls, Idaho). It’s a staple of my breakfast menu, and a regular snack food.

• Will Janoschka says:

“We just need to get it out in the open.”

How about Ben & Jerrys, Smuckers, Pepperidge farms and Sara Lee? I know just food! What if General Mills and Kellogg also produced the very best in the world, no junk, because of skilled and dedicated workers. Gots to start somewhere!

17. kurt72 says:

Actually, Walmart is returning to their old American suppliers by helping small firms sell them stuff made here. Too bad the CEO is a jerk.

18. NoOneButTrump says:

As I read Sundance’s articles, I picture a bunch of globalist icons hopping on the Trump train, hoping they can steer it onto a side spur that goes nowhere. Nope, the Trump train stays on the right track and just keeps picking up speed.

So, they all jump off the Trump train, hoping the train will miss them so much it will grind to a halt and await their blessing. Nope, the Trump train, lightened by the abandoned useless baggage drop kicks some more useless baggage over the side.

It’s a bullet train now. Stand back. They will try to blow up a bridge next, but the train will have so much momentum, it will sail over the missing bridge, land perfectly on the rails on the other side and just keep on heading toward its destination.

If the conductor needs our help, he’ll call us from our comfy 1st class accommodations and give us instructions on what he needs. Until then, sit back and enjoy the ride.

• piper567 says:

NoOne…your first paragraph is, imo, the reason the pantywaists bailed on the Business Forums Trump called.
      Once they figured out they had no influence on this President who caught them by surprise with his brilliance and immovability, they bailed…using Charlottesville as an excuse.
      Trump understands.
      He simply disbanded them.

19. mot2grls says:

I am also retired but teaching at a small Catholic school. While my income remains the same, gas prices remain low and soon, when MAGAnomics really go into effect, our dollars will buy more. Exciting times! I love my President.

20. allhail2 says:

The reason democrats said things are getting worse is, quite simply, the fact that they may actually have to get a job.

21. Delilah says:

You know what that poll really says?

That what’s good for the Democrats is bad for the people……

22. n1ghtcr4wler says:

democrats thinking it’s getting worse are probably welfare dependent lazy thugs

23. shallbe4 says:

I can’t believe that the mayor of Chicago wants to make his city a Sanctuary City when crime so bad there. In fact he is prepared to sue if he isn’t allow to make Chicago a Sanctuary City. Why not concentrate on keeping his citizens alive?

24. itsy_bitsy says:

Now here’s a story that the press doesn’t want to talk about!

25. sharpshorts says:

Polls in general and graphical representatives of opinion polls are subject to the developer’s bias.
    Nit, nit, nit…
    I’m having trouble with the green color chosen to represent “mostly negative” on the charts provided by YouGov…
    I have used charts of all kinds for many years (Futures trader).
    Imagine if you will the confusion, if overnight, the powers that be turned all our nation’s traffic lights upside down and declared that red meant GO and green meant STOP.

More and more a Bizzaro world is becoming the norm…

26. Daniel says:

The number of democrats who say things are getting better decreases… How do they define better?

27. not2worryluv says:

Well the numbers would be way higher if the professional protestors were to report that they now are employed full time.

28. Donna in Oregon says:

Ah, finally a poll that matters. I love that work boot sales are increasing. That means work. Work means happy people. Happy people = more fun.

Americans always triumph, no matter what–we survive, and thrive.

We praise God, God blesses us. Amen.