August 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #209

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2,314 Responses to August 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #209

1. jeans2nd says:

Oh.my.goodness.
    China is showing it’s magnanimous side, its tender heart. How sweet.

China, commenting on Charlottesville, states quite plainly that, although being assigned all the blame, President Trump is not the problem.

“Democrats assign all the blame for domestic problems to Trump, they actually put partisan interests above national ones. What they care about is to push forward their political agenda and grind down the other side.”

“It’s a daunting task to fix the social divide in the US. Trump’s presidency is neither a panacea nor a root cause for the problems.”

The entire op-ed actually gets most of the U.S.’s current situation correct. Quite astute, actually. And yet, once again, China arrives at the incorrect conclusion.
    “”Make America great again” is likely to be a remote dream.”

Oh, China. Bless your heart.
    Watch and learn, children.
    MAGA.

• sunnydaze says:

Talking about how the Chinese NAIL the situation here as concerns Democrats, check THIS thread out, where they discuss “White Liberals”:

• Bull Durham says:

I read it early today. The last paragraphs have a lot of truth.

“Fundamentally, America’s social and economic development hasn’t benefited the majority of Americans, in particular those whites that live in forgotten areas and are poorly educated. These whites have little say in political affairs and are having an identity crisis. When they find some policies unfair, they tend to resort to extreme means to protect their interests. The unrest in Charlottesville and Ferguson is the harvest of long-sowed hatred.

“America’s political and social issues are so severe that they have impeded the government’s operation and undermined its creditability. A solution must be found. However, given the grim reality, there are good reasons to believe the disorder shown in Charlottesville riots will last, and similar unrest and violence may come up again. It’s a daunting task to fix the social divide in the US. Trump’s presidency is neither a panacea nor a root cause for the problems. “Make America great again” is likely to be a remote dream.”

• sunnydaze says:

As far as the “remote dream ” thing goes, hard to blame them for thinking that. Remember, they see the Obstructionists that Trump and the American people are up against VERY clearly.

What they do NOT know about, and what would be very hard for them to understand, is the ***miracle after miracle*** scenario that has followed Trump ever since this started a few years ago.

From a practical standpoint, they assess our situation better than most Westerners do. Their conclusion just serves to show the Limits of Practicality.

2. wheatietoo says:

3. Ace says:

It’s a thing of beauty the way Trump has gotten the left to act so completely deranged.
    These are the best of times…Trump has turned liberals into book burners! lol

4. William Murphy says:

Executive Mansion,
    Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
    Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I “seem to be pursuing” as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be “the Union as it was.” If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
    A. Lincoln.

• WSB says:

Quite an extraordinary statement. Some of it controversial. God bless President Lincoln.

• distracted2 says:

We have reached that place again, when saving the Union is of the utmost importance. The irony that another Republican president, who is not wholly supported by his own party and Republican members of Congress, is not lost on me. Nor is the fact that it is another Republican president who will save the Union again against the protests of the damn Democrats.

5. Convert says:

When Bush was president, the Left waged a coordinated war against him, but the difference was that there was tremendous pushback from the conservative intellectuals online and from Fox news. Now almost all those voices have either been removed or have joined the Dems. It’s amazing how pathetic all this is. The Democrats have nothing: they can’t campaign on jobs, on healthcare, on successful foreign policy, on our Educational system. Nothing. All they got is transgender bathrooms and tearing down statues!? Amazing. And REPUBLICANS are okay with this, just because Trump is Trump? Just wow. That’s all. I’m dumbfounded.

6. SR says:

Wikileaks JA is ready to give all the No Russia proof to only PTrump, that may be making lot of people in DC uncomfortable especially Hillary and her team. The fake msm is not getting anything that is best part. How would DAG and Mueller getting info?

7. distracted2 says:

Well, this is interesting…

8. sunnydaze says:

Whoah. Wes Bellamy, Charlottesville Vice Mayor, tweets from 2009-2014.

This is from the Local Charlottesville paper and he has “apologized” for this.

This stuff is really disgusting. Even for a Democrat, hard to believe this guy has a future in politics.

• litenmaus says:

Well let’s see, on January 31st, Mayor Singer declared that Charlottesville would defy Trump and Not long after the Singer speech, Wes Bellamy goes to the city council and in a 3-2 vote…the Robert E. Lee statue is destined for removal.

Today Wes Bellamy retired from his teaching position, [he was on administrative leave] but he still retains the Vice-Mayor position with the city of Charlottesville.

He has apologized don’t ya know….