Sunday Talks: HR McMaster -vs- George Stephanopolous…

HR McMaster takes center stage representing the White House this weekend due to national security ramifications surrounding North Korea.

McMaster’s visibility should also highlight the weak hand held by Bannonites, Israelites and Never-Trump Cruzbots who are all trying to get HR McMaster fired.  However, those efforts are most likely to end with with Bannon removed from the White House.

This entry was posted in media bias, N Korea, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

128 Responses to Sunday Talks: HR McMaster -vs- George Stephanopolous…

1. At 1.55 in, they describe McMaster as “US army”, and not primarily as the national security adviser. They are such lame propagandists.

“It may appear like that to you, but not to me, the President was very clear on that.”

That shut up Stephanopolus.

“The United States military is locked and loaded all the time”.

“The most effective way to preserve peace is to be ready for war”.

“The president never takes any options of the table”.

“We need to ask ourselves what more can we all do”

That was good. I’d give him a solid 8/10. It was worth watching. I didn’t watch Scaramuchi’s interview as he is no longer relevant.

• mswords000 says:

I haven’t been inclined to like McMasters and I like Bannon, plus I don’t have many facts about all that’s been promoted recently. So I watched this interview in an effort to learn more about McMasters. I thought he did a good job. He was much better than any of the other interviews today and he stuck to giving us President Trump’s views, which are what count.

• singingsoul says:

McMaster supported POTUS and the US very well.

• Peter says:

Agree completely. I love Bannon because you don’t ditch the girl who got ya to the dance – just seems sleezy. Plus the libs hate him, bonus points.

I liked Flynn. Need to learn more about McMaster – don’t like rumored Soros connection – that piece doesn’t fit.

• kpm58 says:

Both are highly capable and very smart. Like two scoops of ice cream, why not have both?

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Exactly.

OAN is – HOWEVER – doing VERY heavy rotation about Bannon looking like a leaker, and showing very unflattering pictures of him. It reminds me of what they do in communist countries, with people falling out of favor. BAD PRAVDA.

My advice to anybody who loves Bannon like me? Don’t push this bad McMaster stuff any more. You’re going to get Bannon fired. Don’t feed the Cankles!

• vinchenzer says:

McMasters dismissed pro-trump people and defended Susan Rice. The guy is a neo-con and part of the DC est. Pres Trump as everyone knows is NOT a conservative nor a liberal BUT an American-first Patriot who’s MAGA world view transcends political parties and political ideologies. So Trump is going to upset some who cling to conservatism as their religion.

IMHO, McMasters is useful for Trump at this time to help MAGA, as soon as he is not he may be dismissed (see Sessions, he is lucky he got the message).

Again McMasters is a neo-con DC swamp monster.To see some here at this site turn on Bannon is ridiculous. Bannon is a full-blooded MAGA Patriot but he is even dispensible if it hurts the MAGA cause.

Bannon is much preferred over McMasters. Bannon is an economic nationalist who favors the middle class. There is no shortage of neo-con warmongers, like McMasters in DC. Bannon is a rarity, thats why the DC scum want him out.

• rednighthawk says:

I gave it a shot but I simply can’t stand these network people any longer. They put my stomach in a knot, so I’ll go back to the comments here and learn from you all.

2. Joanne Avella says:

Starting to look a little paranoid ? Who else are you going to throw under the bus in defense of
    McMaster ?

3. Still won’t mention BLM AND ANTIFA I see…very disappointed.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Watch for it in the final DOJ report. If mention of BLM, ANTIFA, and Soros is not there, we can deal with it. And trust me – the obvious way to “deal with it” will make everybody wish they HAD dealt with it. This is VERY easy for us. If they sweep ANTIFA and Soros under the rug, we have POWERFUL options. It would be a betrayal of the base of the highest order.

• beanpole says:

The whole ridiculous issue of Trump not condemning white racists directly, instead choosing to condemn all violence, misses an important point; namely he knew what happened/was happening before he did the press conference.

There had to have been observers on the ground and surveillance from above at an event that had such a prominent lead up with such a potential for violence. In my limited experience, where I have experienced undercover in much less serious, even mundane situations, I can’t imagine otherwise.

The media and others will be trapped, here, I’m pretty sure. Videos showing the group with the permit getting clubbed and having objects hurled at them while the police stood down are starting to pop up everywhere. It’s just a matter of time before this blows up in the media’s face.

The DOJ civil rights investigation is about failure to protect a lawful assembly, from what I can tell. I’m thinking that was known before Trump did the CVille statement. He was getting real time info from the street if you ask me.

In addition, re: OAN, it could be that there’s a very aggressive leaker sting underway. It doesn’t make much sense anymore for leakers to leak to anti-Trump sites if the goal is to discourage Trump’s base. To discourage the base they would leak to pro Trump sites, so maybe a big flush out is underway using faked documents.

The Scaramucci interview is suspicious, too, IMO. There’s always a slight chance it could be a stunt to embolden leakers. Things are so crazy now it’s not a always good idea to run with things at face value or with first impressions.

• NC PATRIOT says:

We can make a very STRONG assumption that PJDT knew exactly WHO was involved in the Charlottesville fiasco. (His pressor was 1/2 hour late. He said TWICE “many groups” which was no accident.)

• wolfmoon1776 says:

“Things are so crazy now it’s not a always good idea to run with things at face value or with first impressions.”

Very, very, very true! For both Trump AND us.

Trump doesn’t just want to NOT be like Obama on “early pronouncements” because it would hypocritical – he doesn’t want to make them because they tend to be WRONG. Trump only does “time travel Trump” stuff when it really is going to come true. So coming out with a very non-judgmental (but strong and compassionate) statement was a very good idea.

• luke says:

Trump needs to come out and say “AT LEAST I DIDN’T INVITE THEM TO THE FLIPPIN WHITE HOUSE” enough said.

4. Founding Fathers Fan says:

Stephie is a left-winger and would love for all Our enemies to know security details.

5. jephfree says:

no “Lone wolf”

6. When anyone, anywhere uses “Israelite” as a slur, call me Israelite. Disgusting comment.

• sundance says:

Who said it’s a slur?

It is simply a description of multiple Israel advocates as noted in the attacks against McMaster.

• jsbachlover says:

Interesting descriptor, seeing as it’s normally not used outside the Bible.

• Peter says:

Get a grip already on Israelite – jezus – 50% of the comments are like “oh my gooooood”

Let’s try to keep are diapers dry, this is the adult channel.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I actually like it. The Israelites were bad-ass, loved God to the death, and impossible to rub out. Many would stray in syncretic acceptance and error, but If Israel was threatened, they would rally to defend. COUNT ME IN. 😎

• Alexsandra says:

Yep. And not only were but are.

Actuallly, Israelites is the correct name overall, as it covers all 12 tribes of Israel.
          I think I recall that the term Jew orginated about a thousand years or so ago from misatribution of the name Judah (the tribe of which Jesus was a part) — denoting one of the 12 tribes of Israel — who are in total Israelites.

• Sherlock says:

“Ite”—noun suffix, meaning “associated with a thing.” As in “Bannon-ite”. No biggie, but you are free to get as offended as you like. It’s our national pastime, it seems.

• val66 says:

That’s how I interpreted Sundance’s use of it, because the other use of it is a term of the ancient people of Israel, which doesn’t make sense in context.

Sundance probably should have gone with Israelists or Zionists or some other one to avoid confusion. Though, I’m sure those term I used used will probably mean something else to many people and wrong too.

• NYGuy54 says:

among my Jewish friends (as am I) who are active Trump supporters, I hear zero talk about McMaster or even Bannon. It’s all about the agenda and lack of action by the Senate. They don’t doubt the president’s commitment to this country and his friendship for Israel. We thank our lucky stars everyday it is not Obama.

• G. Combs says:

Take a powder…

Merriam-Webster dictionary: Definition of Israelite

” : a descendant of the Hebrew patriarch Jacob; specifically
      : a native or inhabitant of the ancient northern kingdom of Israel
      First Known Use: 14th century”

Why wouldn’t inhabitants of Israel be Israel First?
      ……………

I am really getting sick of the LEFT using twisting of our language as a weapon.

7. fuzzycat says:

“Bannonites, Israelites, and Never-Trump Cruzbots”. I am none of the above. It is below you to advance that kind of argument. I’ve spent 6 weeks looking at many sources and listening to many outlets. This is my conclusion and it is as rational and researched as I can make it.
    Sorry if you don’t agree. I am sure Karl Rove approves of McMaster. Does that make you a “Rovian” because he supports your stance?

• Piper77 says:

I get your point, but the main objection to McMaster is he is not pro-Israel or anti-Iran enough for the Neocon wing of the Republican establishment.

• smiley says:

WAY too many labels being tossed around…neocons, israelites, cruzbots…

I, for one, am none of those, yet I also happen to agree that he’s “not pro-Israel or anti-Iran enough”.

• Piper77 says:

Why do you care so much about Israel or Iran?

• smiley says:

seriously ??

• smiley says:

briefly stated…Iran is the #1 sponsor of islamic terrorism…and the US-Israel Alliance is crucial to combating that.

IOW…national security, for one thing.

• Marc says:

And the Saudis aren’t? I’m sick of hearing that bogus Fox News talking point. It’s simply not true. The Saudis and Yemenis have funded far more terrorists than Iran ever has.

• G. Combs says:

…The Saudis and Yemenis have funded far more terrorists than Iran ever has. And Quatar…

long email

“From: john podesta AT gmail
                To: hrod17 AT clintonemail
                Date: 2014-09-27 15:15
                ….we need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region….

Meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Zarif.
                From:seizenstat
                To: jake.sullivan
                CC: John.Podesta, huma, seizensta
                Date: 2015-10-08 02:06
                Subject: Zarif/Iran
                … 8. He spent a good deal of time discussing Saudi Arabia. He said since his first days in office he has sought a dialogue, but Iranian overtures have been rebuffed. He was told by the Saudis, “leave the Arabs to ourselves”. He recounted that he left the World Economic Forum immediately and made the long trip to Saudi Arabia for the funeral of King Abdullah. But he received barely a handshake for his efforts. Saudi Arabia also sees relations with Iran as a zero sum game. The Saudis think ISIS can help them against Iran. Iran has sent a new Ambassador to Saudi Arabia who they trust, and he hopes this will help the relationship.

• Marc says:

Propaganda on the Neocon right. It’s tough to be America First when you put Israel’s interests before your own nation.

• smiley says:

that’s it…put words in my mouth.

ditto to your other useless remark above.

• Marc says:

I’m merely correcting an erroneous, but often parroted, talking point. 9/11 wasn’t orchestrated/funded by Iran but the Saudis and others. Some groups seek to blot out Shiites in the region namely the Israelis and Saudis. This is why they’re in agreement so much lately in regards to Iran. McMaster doesn’t wanna play that game so he’s being pilloried by those that lobby for Israeli geopolitical interests.

• singingsoul says:

fuzzycat
      “I am leaning toward firing McMaster. I am more so now since you categorized people who disagree as”
      ___________________________________
      What you are saying is you have better discernment who POTUS needs on his to serve than he does…? Trump’s advisers are inept to advise him for staff positions..?
      You need to contact Trump’s team and offer your services..

• geri670 says:

Don’t bring Rove into the conversation. He’s responsible for the utter downfall of the Republican Party. Also, you need to stop listening to all the anti-McMaster BS. Unless, of course, you have no faith in President Trump. You must think Trump is really stupid and can’t think for himself! He’s a damn sight smarter than you. Get over it!

• greenworxx says:

I agree fuzzycat. This article and others discuss McMaster and his firing of conservative Trump loyalists from the National Security Council.

• singingsoul says:

What I find funny is when it soots us we believe the spin from the media and when it does not soot is we say they are fake.
        We are so transparent.Trump keeps McMaster because he needs him and he is doing a good job for the president and our country.
        It does not matter what we like we did not run for president we are not privy to information President is.
        Why be like a boat at sea without sails and without knowledge how to navigate the triturate waters….? God Bless President Trump and his team all of them.

• NYGuy54 says:

This article uses the exact same talking points I see everywhere in the anti-McMaster media. I really doubt things happened exactly the way they are being characterized.

8. George painted Trump’s comments as inciting violence.

Some points.

– How many attacks have there been by jihadists in this country that get put down to “mental illness”.
    – Was the man who shot Scalise not doing the same as what happened yesterday. But again, silence from the media, just a mentally ill man.
    – 8 shot cops, 5 dead. This following Obama’s rhetoric, and his endorsement of the BLM terrorist group who carried out the attack.

I could go on and on.

As has been pointed out before, if the left didn’t have double standards, they would have no standards at all.

I can’t wait for Trump to step up his pressure on China tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how the enemedia portray all of this. As Sundance says, there are trillions at stake. They are going to create a “sh** storm” over this. Yesterdays violence will be forgotten soon enough.

How anyone can interpret Trump’s condemnation of the violence as anything other an appropriate response is just mind boggling. They really are getting desperate.

9. Piper77 says:

Did the media blame Obama administration for their anti police rhetoric when 5 cops were murdered in Dallas?

This is why no one trusts the utterly biased media in this country.

10. MAGADJT says:

Unless it is proven that Bannon has been actively undermining the administration through leaks or the like, I think it would be very concerning to see Bannon go. Especially if some of the others who it is plainly obvious do not have MAGA at heart, to stay.

• jsbachlover says:

I feel the same. But I still don’t see why all the “noise” makes/would make Trump have to fire Bannon. That doesn’t follow, in my view.

• periklees says:

well seems that Sundance has already made up his mind about Bannon’s utility, and definitely looks more personal than analytical.

sorry CTH, for as much as I like your content, BB has it over you guys and has actually moved from political pontificating to policy implementation.

11. Sherlock says:

I’d give McMaster a B on this. Good on the international stuff, flubbed a chance on the events of yesterday. When Stephie says “Sounds like you’re suggesting a moral equivalence between the marchers and the protesters” the answer is “You had extremists on both sides who showed up with weapons, as you well know George. Violence is wrong whoever perpetrates it or urges it. End of story.” Instead, McMaster did the expected knee jerk thing.

12. graphiclucidity says:

I just want you to know, SD, I get it.
    You’re going to catch hell for it, so I wanted you to be confident that some of us see what’s actually going down, along with you, and understand the modified wedge strategy being deployed.

Forcing the Alt-Right (Jew Blamers) against the Christian-Right (Israel Supporters), while kneecapping, or forcing out, several key advisors in the process.

Never let Trump have a good week, ever.
    Diabolical.

• singingsoul says:

graphiclucidity
      This is called divide and concur. There are some powerful forces stirring dissension or perceived dissention.

• Peoria Jones says:

Is anyone else here sick of the elephant in the room? We need to be able to have open discussion about these things.

While I am pro-Israel, as a US citizen I am NOT Israel-first. It makes sense for Israelis to be Israel-first. But we Americans MUST be America-first.

The tribalist agendas of the VARIOUS hyphenated-Americans are what divide and weaken our great nation. If we cannot stand as one, we will not be able to repair the damage already done.

United we stand, divided we fall. This is so plain to see.

• singingsoul says:

PJ I agree I did not take dual citizenship because I am now a US citizen .
          When I took my citizen test I was ask to give my loyalty to the US. One cannot serve two masters. I am not sure why we tolerate dual citizenship and that is not picking on Israel.
          There are many other people from various countries who also carry dual citizenship.
          I waited longer than most to become an US citizen because I wanted to make 100% that I could give my loyalty to the US.

• NYGuy54 says:

I don’t see anything the US does as Israel First. Nor do I view the policies of the Trump administration as antithetical to their support for Israel. They are an ally. They provide significant intelligence and diplomatic assets for us. Why does everything have to be cast in the extremes?

13. fleporeblog says:

Folks the fear is getting to a boiling point! Our President is on the cusp of taking care of an issue that has been around for 64 years. We are closer today to seeing this conclude than an actual war including nuclear weapons. That fear is driving all of this because once our President resolves NK, his complete attention will turn to IRAN 🇮🇷! Russia 🇷🇺 has been neutralized because of our Energy dominance and ability. They will work with our President to destroy Barry’s one last foreign legacy. The secrets that will come pouring out will drive Barry and his minions insane. Our President will have the backing of 75% of our country because of what he accomplished in NK. Don’t get distracted in this Bannon, McMaster garbage. Israel 🇮🇱 and their great PM realize damn well what the plan is and are backing our President 1000%.

Imagine how easier the Israeli and Palestinian issue is to resolve with Iran removed from the equation.

14. Bacall says:

Sundance, if I understand you correctly you are predicting a Bannon departure (instead of McMaster) and not advocating for a Bannon departure. ??? Do you assume Bannon is writing policy for Breitbart?

15. US says:

The man that McMaster fired is in fact a genius. Recommend reading what he says about cultural Marxism.

• Sherlock says:

Very good paper. He gets it 100%. Thank you for posting it.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I thank God for the way all these things work to the benefit of those who believe. Think about it. Had McMaster not fired Higgins, nobody would have seen that memo, and Higgins’ genius would have languished in obscurity. Now, after Trump seeing the memo and loving it, Higgins has 100 disciples and 1000 apostles carrying his message throughout the nation, the world, and cyberspace.

Trust in Trump. Trust in God. This is not hard. 😉

• Jenny R. says:

I hate to burst your bubble, and I have nothing personally against HIggins, but that document isn’t NSC caliber stuff.
      Think about why you like it…it says all the things you have been thinking yourself; you agree completely with it? In other words, what every other Tom, Dick, Mary, and Louise have known for quite some time or at least suspected.
      This from a person working within the NSC…produced a product that really doesn’t say anything new about anything…from someone working within the NSC (aka. should be privy to information that not every Tom, Dick, Mary, and Louise already know).
      That’s not exactly stellar work. I don’t think Higgins was let go for any other reason than that.

Is McMaster a Trump “loyalist”? No, I don’t believe he is. His past history would likely preclude that. But would he be the sort to faithfully do his duty? Well, his past history says that would be likely too. He won’t agree with Trump on everything, and that is likely for the best.
      It would appear as though Bannon is much the same way.
      One does not get rid of the useful and talented because they perhaps don’t meet purity tests.

And Sundance is very correct: this will just cause unnecessary chaos within the administration, will cause one of these fellows to be fired (which will be detrimental I think to the administration at some level, either one), and creates openings for further degradation by those on the left and right — they’ve already managed their “blood on the pavement” scenario and as expected people are reacting in exactly the way they want them to. Rest assured, the current situation is playing right into the uniparty’s hands (and they have many, many operatives…some will look like your best friends and staunch supporters; David Duke has just endorsed Keith Ellison for example…people like him would love to see something happen to America, and not anything good I’d wager…couple that with egomaniacs, corrupt Judases who only want their 30 pieces of silver, and others who would just like to see the world burn for whatever twisted personal reason — it’s a perfect storm, and it’s coming from all sides); just look at what has transpired in the last 72 hours.
      This endangers the administration…it could ultimately endanger the Republic (and that would truly be the worst of all, for all of us).
      Are you sure you want to play along with this?

Ps. the Iranian situation was, quite some time before this administration took power, a completely no win situation for the U.S. (we can only now manage it as best we can without greater jeopardy, and we cannot afford to go fighting either Israel’s or KSA’s battles for them in that regard, not unless we desire to expend blood, treasure, and our further weakening of our country both domestically and abroad) — it was a mistake to let them push for a Shiite crescent of influence; it will be a mistake to allow them to hook up with Turkey…but that is the situation that was put in place long before the President was sworn in.
      Acknowledging that is not being anti-Semitic (neither is pointing out that Israel has, in their dealings with Erdogan, really flirted with cutting their own throats…and that is on them; regrettable? yes, very much so, but pointing out that a friend is driving drunk and that this is a bad idea is not being “hateful” to them).

• G. Combs says:

I do not see Trump firing either one.

Please give the guy credit. He has run a multi-billion dollar company and I will guarantee he has seen some really nasty knock-down drag out fights among his very talented very smart crews. He would not be a billionaire if he could not handle clashing talent.

Did it ever occur to any of you that this tempest in a teapot is USEFUL to Trump?

[video src="http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052011/1306235375_cat_vs_laser_pointer.webm" /]

• NYGuy54 says:

Exactly. If that is what Higgins was providing the NSC, he probably was better suited for a political role. Fascinating compilation of thoughts. Very detailed.

• Sherlock says:

Yours is a thoughtful post, and I agree with a lot of it. But as to the memo–it wasn’t an NSC document at all, but was taken from the author’s email during what has been called “an audit” (looking for leakers?) I believe. From what I’ve read (yes, could be bogus) it was written in May, distributed by the author to friends from the campaign, and was never submitted as any sort of official document. It’s discovery clearly irked McMaster (who I assume felt parts were meant to describe him) and the guy gets canned.

The idea that guy was canned because of the quality of the writing does not at all sound convincing.

16. Hammer Dog says:

McMaster is a swamp creature, who has kept on Obama globalist in positions of power. Bannon is an America Firster, who supports Trump’s anti globalist agenda. What am I missing?

• Big Jake says:

That’s my thinking, too. The more people push McMaster the more uneasy I get.

By the way. Where did he get his Purple Heart? I want to read about it.

• Sherlock says:

BTW, if you want to attack his service record, you are really way out on a limb:
        He has been awarded (among many others): Army Distinguished Service Medal, the Silver Star , the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit with an oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with an oak leaf cluster, and the Purple Heart Medal. Two of these, the Silver Star and the Purple Heart, are decorations for valor in combat.

Disagree with his policy all you want, but the guy is a genuine US war hero.

• Sherlock says:

From my point of view, I think you are missing that if the full-court press effort to get rid of McMaster fails, the result may be Bannon fired, especially the more the effort is depicted as a Bannon run effort, or one run by Bannon’s buddies. Since I want Bannon to remain, I think it is important to identify exactly who is behind the most vocal segment of the ORGANIZED “dump Mc” effort I do not believe it is Bannon, or “MAGA” people. I would be very pissed indeed if this effort fails, and McMaster stays and Bannon goes, voluntarily or otherwise.

17. Big Jake says:

I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with Sundance on anything until now. McMaster does not sit well with me. I can’t put my finger on it but it’s there.

18. Mike diamond says:

Little George stefo is still clinging to Hillary! What a fake news dude,he is just a pawn used by the liberals !

19. Oldskool says:

It seems obvious that PTrump is getting incomplete, none, or biased daily national and international intel briefings given his recent endorsement of Strange in the Alabama race, sending cruise missiles to Syria over a bogus chemical weapons report and hiring everybody as advisors and staff except people who are believers in MAGA. Look at the democrats and never Trumpers that are in there so wtf is that all about? Roger Stone commented he feels Trump is realizing this and will make some changes shortly. Lord I hope so, and I would start with McMaster.

• Alexsandra says:

“Mr. Trump fired Roger Stone last night,” a campaign spokesperson told CBS News Saturday. “We have a tremendously successful campaign, and Roger wanted to use the campaign for his own personal publicity.”

Only thing that is obvious is that you may be listening to an incomplete, biased, bad source. I chose to trust Trump. He said at a number of rallies during the campaign that he’d hire some killers who were not good people to get where the country needed to be, so I do not question some of his choices, rememberingg that.

• WSB says:

My understanding is that PT endorsed Strange for something Turtle was supposed to trade. Not sure if the trade occurred or not, so that makes two of us.

Trump may also know that his endorsement will not advance Strange, so we should spectate on this.

20. omyword says:

It has been (for awhile now) my observation that Bannon, who by the way has a shadow press office outside of the white house, is pushing this anti HR movement. People like Bill Crystal and CNN are all to happy to play to the theme, some taking the support of HR, while others take the anti HR narrative. Watching and observation of BrietBart and those who mimic their news feeds headline the I hate HR McMaster line. Isn’t this called gaslighting? I think the reason Bannon is against HR is because he got into a head to head against HR and his approach to some issues of foreign policy, and HR had POTUS disband Bannon and his merry men. This did not sit well with Bannon and since then BB and its conservative minions have been pushing against him. The discord is about who influences President Trump. The president likes the tension to a point, but not discord. he wants to see competition of ideas, but not selfish desires. Bannon may very well be put out because if nothing else, he is wanting it all his way. If Bannon is pushed out, look for BB and others to go anti Trump. I see the writing on the wall and I know my support for our God fearing President is steadfast. We elected President Donald J. Trump. NOT Steve Bannon or Breitbart!