August 12th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #205

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,300 Responses to August 12th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #205

1. StormyeyesC says:

pmmeyourproblemsolva 76 points 2 hours ago
    George Soros buses in Anti-fa who start violence and get legal planned rally with a permit shut down. Then they March down a one way street against traffic with no permit so the street isn’t closed. They start beating on some guy’s car calling him a Nazi, going to pull him out of his car and beet him up 1000 to one. Guy responds by driving through crowd to try to get out. OMG NAZI TERRORIST ATTACK INSPIRED BY DRUMF.

2. sunnydaze says:

Sen Rubio and Sen Scott (S.C.) calling on Trump to make a more forceful statement against the White Nationalists.

Something really stinks in S.C. (Thanks Nikki Haley for kicking off this whole sh*tstorm to begin with a few years back when you trashed the Confed. flag, it was all downhill from there with Confed. Monuments.)

And Rubio well…..we all know what to expect from him.

• sunnydaze says:

Dave Brat (R. VA.) on phone via FOX. First voice of some sanity today.

• Not Ideal says:

Did every Democrat have to go out and disavow violence when Scalise got shot?

I must have missed reporters shouting questions to Schumer, Pelosi, Obama, HRC etc. immediately. Was HRC supposed to make an immediate comment?

Here we go. The rules have been written. The guy who opened fire on congressional Republicans was a nut who no one has bothered to follow up on. But we’re going to be talking about the nut who ran down the protesters for the next decade because it can be used to discredit Trump supporters.

• Summer says:

Scott is a huge disappointment. Got in first as a replacement and then became firmly entrenched because “diversity.”
      So, they want a more forceful statement against white nationalists but not against Soros thugs?

• sunnydaze says:

He’s a massive disappointment, is he not? There really is something wrong in S.C. It’s like they are Globalists Central or something.

And I really don’t get it, cuz the people there are great!

Wake Up, South Carolinians! Get rid of your Globalist Scum Reps! PLEASE!!!! At least …a *few* of them? You can do it!

• When the Left pushes your racism button you are suppose to say, no, no, no I ain’t no racist!
      It is the the PC Dictionary of Political Correctness!

• sunnydaze says:

Add Cory Gardiner and IIeana ros- Lehtin…what the hell is her name anyway, Repub rep from FL…… add them to the list of Trump bashers here.

• Not Ideal says:

They don’t want Trump to renounce the KKK or anyone else on the alt-right.

They want Trump to renounce his supporters.

That’s what this is really about.

• sunnydaze says:

Nah, they just don’t want him to bring up the FACT that Antifa and BLM have been causing violence all over the country for a loooong time now.

They’d rather he just stick with reprimanding violence from the (supposed) right and leave the Lefty/Dem haters in peace to continue their work.

Plus, your statement assumes that these assholes are actually Trump supporters. Highly doubtful or they would KNOW this does not/will not/could not possibly help him.

• Judith says:

The KKK was formed by radical Democrats. In classic Alinsky-style projection, Democrats later mischaracterized this group as Alt-Right. Who abolished slavery? That would be President Abraham Lincoln, a Republican, who paid the ultimate price after he freed black slaves. The fake news never ends.

Demonrat Hellary is enthralled with Alinsky, basing her college thesis on his book “Rules for Radicals,” which he dedicated to Lucifer.

• Katie says:

Cory Gardener is rapidly approaching McCain levels of fraud. I want my votes back!

• drillerelite says:

Ditto! Such a disappointment. Supposedly all tea party back in the day but comes from a democrat family, …please.

I think (maybe hope) open primaries came here just in time. I do have a feeling a lot of independents here in CO are former Republicans. After the sham of a caucus I participated in, watching the Colorado delegation make fools of themselves at the convention then Gardner calling Trump a buffoon last year was the last straw for me, I let him know at the time too, in no uncertain terms. Like it mattered to him but I felt better.

• Katie says:

I agree with every word you wrote. I am one of those former R’s who is now Unaffiliated because I have no interest in supporting the current R party. Cory excels at lying his way through the election process, then once elected, the real leftist comes out. Until right before the next election.

• piper567 says:

for those who had some residual uncertainty about Rubio, this little statement sorta puts that to bed, no?

3. nwtex says:

Really hard to look at!!

4. NJF says:

In a nutshell.

5. Nigella says:

Don’t go to Drudge. His headline is “Make America Hate Again.”

6. Dora says:

7. sunnydaze says:

on FOX, Dan Bongino (?) former NYPD, FINALLY a voice of sanity. Kind of forces the FOX Interviewer to walk back some of her BS.

He’s defending what Trump said in his speech. Go Dan Bongino!

8. Dixie says:

We are all Americans except for the groups who encourage unpatriotic behavior.

9. MadeMan says:

Over the past several weeks I’ve heard people complaining that Drudge has changed. Up until this day I still couldn’t see it. Check out the headline at Drudge right now. They are right. Drudge has sold out or under Deep State threat. Never visit the site again.

MAKE AMERICA HATE AGAIN!
    CHAOS AT RACE RALLY IN VIRGINIA

• Harry Lime says:

Yeah, it’s been pretty obvious for a couple of months now at least if not longer. Maybe somebody threatened Drudge with the Seth Rich treatment or something equally hazardous to breathing.

• JoD says:

Agreed. For quite some time, I have found Drudge’s use of the English language to be offensive and inflammatory.
      Several posters here have defended his intentions.
      There is no question that he was a very positive influence on the election.
      Last week, after the Maniford “raid”, his F B I banner was comparable in size to his 9/11 headliner. So, I stopped going to his site.
      “Make America Hate Again.” I fail to see any other reason for this banner, than to deliberately attempt to provide the reader with a link between Trump and this hideous mess.
      Mr Drudge has insulted my intelligence for the LAST time.
      He can continue to demean my country and my President, but he will do it without my clicks.

• linda4298 says:

I guess he believes that Trump bashing gets him good clicks, maybe he should join the msnbc and cnn panels.

• Howie says:

A white rally is racist. A black riot is…..

• BakoCarl says:

. . . poor, oppressed people, yearning for just a taste of freedom, but brutally suppressed by ultra-privileged white haters.

• TPW says:

The whites that are down and depressed have had enough ….I knew their buttons are going to be pushed…but hasn’t happened yet I believe this guy in Virginia was scared and trying to get away from the violence…….

• TPW says:

why can’t people just get along there is no reason for this…..we need to MAGA ….jobs for everyone when we feel we are contributing to society white or black makes no difference,They are making us all feel down and depressed……

• bentley1blog says:

Me too. Totally deleted his site last week. Was also leaning toward too much sleeze stories

10. Howie says:

A good day not to have cable tv. Ahhhhh!

11. linda4298 says:

Don’t bother watching the Sunday shows, your head will explode.

12. amber says:

Where is Jeff Sessions in all this?…law and order. His voice is needed right now

• deqwik2 says:

“Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a statement to The Daily Beat said the Department of Justice is assisting law enforcement in Charlottesville, Virginia. “We stand united behind the President in condemning the violence in Charlottesville and any message of hate and intolerance. This kind of violence is totally contrary to American values and can never be tolerated.”
      — Betsy Woodruff

In a statement to CBS News’ Paula Reid, Sessions says he is “in contact” with Justice Department agents and state officials, and that the Department Of Justice will quote “continue to support our state and local officers on the ground in any way possible. We stand united behind the president in condemning the violence in Charlottesville and any message of hate and intolerance.”

13. thetrain2016 says:

This silence about the driver makes me wonder…

• Raffaella says:

Oh yes. I bet he is a lunatic lefty.

This whole clash was organized and paid for by Soros. Avoid all TV, radio, and internet for two days.

• sunnydaze says:

They need to milk it as an Alt_Right_Racist_Terrorist for a bit longer.

• piper567 says:

who cares if no one listens to them?
        I continue to believe that Mr and Mrs America are going to look at this army, all dressed alike and carrying the same signs, and wonder why they are all not arrested.
        I think this is exactly the question to be asked.
        The level of intrigue and assigning responsibility that we here do…is not common.
        For relatively lo-info folks…they see renegades and destruction which require arrests. That’s what I would call an American response.
        Slowly but surely, people will see what is going on, on a level which makes sense to them…and nowhere except in the atrophied minds of these puppets is this level of unprovoked violence acceptable.

14. BAMAFan says:

James Alex Fields confirmed by FOX News as the arrestee.

• Nigella says:

Looks like he intentionally mowed these people down…

• BAMAFan says:

Conflicting reports. Some say he was spooked and drove accordingly.

• WSB says:

If so, it will be interesting to know if the road upon whcich he was driving was closed to traffic or not.

If the street was to be open to traffic and protestors were not kept off the street, the the cops have a lot of ‘splaining to do.

• WSB says:

Tablet tar again. Which, and then…

• benifranlkin says:

I read the street he was on was not closed to traffic and there were counter protesters on it harassing him while he was driving and it frightened him so he drove to avoid them but hit a number of people to do so. Police said they didn’t think he had any malicious intent and was just so scared. 20 y o ordinary kid not Alt Right or Antifa. Registered Republican and active voter.

• WSB says:

Good to know. I am of course, like everyone else, seeing conflicting reports. Except for the excess and organized tweets from the usual Hillary/Zero cabal.

15. Raffaella says:

16. George says:

When I heard about Charlottesville and on FOX news I saw a hugh number of fully equipped riot police, state and local law enforcement, armored vehicles, etc. They were prepared for this riot with an impressive overwhelming force that could have kept everyone safe. I watched about 15 minutes as the violence was escalating and the hugh police force never moved. No one had to be injured and no one had to die. Who gave the “stand down” order.

17. tvollrath66 says:

I started watching the news sites yesterday wondering what was going to come for the disrupt….remember trillions of dollars at stake. They are supposed to start nafta renegotiations this week and the china stuff. Does anyone else have a feeling today was connected or is it just me?

• Joyful Noise says:

You are not alone in your feelings. The evil ones are trying to control the narrative and empower their words. Russia isn’t working anymore and Trump is doing a lot right. More riots are probably on the way…maybe the next one in October on Hillary’s birthday?

• Zennalou says:

They are already protesting in Texas over the wall.
        Activist Groups Protest Trump’s Border Wall in South Texas
        Among other things……
        In the case of the wildlife refuge, organizers of that event claim that the area is home to more than 400 bird species that are at the heart of the ecotourism industry in the region.

Last I checked birds can fly over a wall.

• Oldschool says:

Not just you. I can’t put my finger on it, but this morning, the story caught my attention because it seemed to me it was a hoard of reporters reporting on nothing. They were out on the streets with the trailer talking about 6000 protesters but the cameras were only showing streets with maybe 50 people. It seemed like they were setting up for an event but reporting as if it was already happening. Strange.

18. psadie says:

The Charlottesville police were harrassing the alt-right marchers about their permit…

• RF121 says:

That is because whitey is supposed to be seen and not heard. I fly my US flag at home along with my Trump 2016 flag. I wear plenty of politically incorrect t-shirts but do not wear my Trump 2016 shirt in public. As a white guy I feel I will be targeted by snow flakes. As a CCW permit holder I will defend myself and familly but do not want to appear to be an “instigator”.

So in the land of the free and the brave I have to step gingerly. Times have changed and this is not what America was meant to be. If things continue down this path, I will wear my Trump 2016 t-shirt, along with my vest, AR15, with plenty of ammo. And I will not be alone. 😠

19. Liked by 5 people

20. bumpsmart says:

Who the Hell is the AltRight. I don’t know these people. They are not the Tea Party or Trump inspired. I don’t get it.

• benifranlkin says:

Don’t u remember Hillary complaining about them like the vast right wing conspiracy during the election? And Pepe the frog is their meme. They have been linked to Breitbart and Steve Bannon. To me the Alt Right is the counter to the far Left.

• sunnydaze says:

AltRight started out as a bunch of young kids on the internet who were creative Trump supporters.

But then Ms.Hillary took Pepe and slammed him as a Racist (I know, I know). And of course the whole Dem Media and all the RINOs jumped on board and suddenly AltRight is like a swear word and a really really bad thing.

Then Hannity re-enforced it all by labeling Antifa, etc. as AltLeft (people who really *are* Bad). So if AltLeft is bad, then AltRight must be too.

That’s my understanding of how it all evolved. Now we’re stuck with this “new meaning” cuz there was no push back originally from FOX and RINOs.

It now means the Racist Right. Period.

• Oldschool says:

I’ve been asking that question since I heard the term. Made up by the left and promoted by the media to disparage the conservatves.

21. psadie says:

Okay so why did Gov. McCauliffe call for a “State of Emergency” when everyone went home? This wasn’t BLM who rioted EVERYDAY for days. Seems like he is stretching this out to make it look worse.

22. –]weldongrisham1776
    I saw this and thought how odd it is that only hours after VA events, these protesters are already holding professionally made signs reading, “Alt-Right = Domestic Terrorists.” Coincidence?

• sunnydaze says:

Anyone here still think David Duke and the KKK want Trump to succeed and are supporters?

They are trying to do to Trump what they did to the Confederate Flag.

Stigmatize til no one will go near it.

There was an ass today in a literal KKK white robe and hat garb carrying a Confederate Flag. Yeah, *that* will help preserve Southern monuments and make people want to fly that flag in front of their homes.

23. sunnydaze says:

sigh…here he goes again:

• libertysc2016 says:

It is sad that the people with a legal right to rally are being blamed. The police stood down and let those without a permit bring about chaos. The anti-white narrative is insane and detached from reality. Those with blood on their hands (Gov, Police Chief, Mayor, Antifa, and BLM) are presented as innocent.

• singingsoul says:

My suspicion concerning Cruz has been realized.

• linda4298 says:

How about investigate George Soros and his money ties to blm and anti-fa. Lyin’Ted. Lyin’Ted we don’t even have the whole story, this is what Obama did all the time.

• George says:

And all the way back to the beginning of Trump’s campaign. I looked domestic terrorism up in the dictionary and we were terrorized for 18 months. Podesta e-mails tell the whole story that will expose the Swamp. Majority of Trump supporters are devastated because we had no ideal of this evil. People love and admire that man and it has nothing to do with his agenda.

• George says:

Both groups

24. JoD says:

On behalf of myself and my fellow Floridians, who were told that we HAD to vote for him, I would like to formally apologize for the existence of Senator Marco Rubio.

25. Hope she gets a visit from SS.

26. deqwik2 says:

27. Wisc says:

Follow the money, unmask the perpetrators, find the sources of the mayhem.

28. https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/137171651#p137176145

james alexander fields jr, 19, is the owner of the vehicle and was born in ohio (bottom left)

>james (jim) field, over 30 years old, is a domestic military officer (must work for an alphabet agency) who was also born in ohio and looks like the driver (top left)
    james (jim) field is a career soldier
    james (jim) field was conducting helicopter escape training 2 weeks ago
    james (jim) has ties to CIA backed agencies who have killed journalists

• Nigella says:

Never trust 4chan

• libertysc2016 says:

Oh wow – looks like an interesting line of inquiry. The quick alignment of the left, media, and Never Trumpers is – at best – annoying.

• Kathy says:

That grey-and-white shirt is a JAILHOUSE shirt, according to Thomas Wictor. He shows another mug-shot where a different person is wearing that type shirt.

• deqwik2 says:

I just found an article on the Toledo Blaze. It mentions Mr Fields mother.

Multiple media outlets are reporting the car is registered to 20-year-old James Alex Fields of Maumee, based on vehicle registration records. Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Superintendent Martin Kumer told The Post that a man with the same name and age was booked Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding, failure to stop for an accident involving a death, and hit and run.

Samantha Bloom, Mr. Fields’ mother, told a Blade reporter her son texted her Friday to say he had dropped his cat off at her Monclova Township apartment so he could go to an “alt-right” rally in Virginia.

“I told him to be careful,” Ms. Bloom said. “[And] if they’re going to rally to make sure he’s doing it peacefully.”

It didn’t appear that happened, she said tearfully.

She had returned from dinner Saturday evening unaware that her son was involved and had not yet been contacted by authorities.

He had told her about the rally last week, but didn’t offer details about its extremist nature.

“I thought it had something to do with Trump,” she said.

She said he had moved out of her apartment “five or six months ago” to his own Maumee apartment, but she declined to give the address. Ms. Bloom said they moved to northwest Ohio from Florence, Kentucky, about a year ago for her job.

Along the quiet street where Mr. Fields’ mother lives, neighbors living in the colorful one-story, conjoined units said they didn’t know much about the 20-year-old.

Right-wing blogger Jason Kessler had called for what he termed a “pro-white” rally in Charlottesville. White nationalists and their opponents promoted the event for weeks.

Oren Segal, who directs the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, said multiple white power groups gathered in Charlottesville, including members of neo-Nazi organizations, racist skinhead groups and Ku Klux Klan factions.

The white nationalist organizations Vanguard America and Identity Evropa; the Southern nationalist League of the South; the National Socialist Movement; the Traditionalist Workers Party; and the Fraternal Order of Alt Knights also were on hand, he said, along with several groups with a smaller presence.

Many others were just locals caught in the fray.

On the other side, anti-fascist demonstrators also gathered in Charlottesville, but they generally aren’t organized like white nationalist factions, said Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Cliff Erickson leaned against a fence and took in the scene. He said he thinks removing the statue amounts to erasing history and said the “counter-protesters are crazier than the alt-right.”

“Both sides are hoping for a confrontation,” he said.

————————————-
      Charlottesville, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is a liberal-leaning city that’s home to the flagship University of Virginia and Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson.

The statue’s removal is part of a broader city effort to change the way Charlottesville’s history of race is told in public spaces. The city has also renamed Lee Park, where the statue stands, and Jackson Park, named for Confederate General Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson. They’re now called Emancipation Park and Justice Park, respectively.

For now, the Lee statue remains. A group called the Monument Fund filed a lawsuit arguing that removing the statue would violate a state law governing war memorials. A judge has agreed to temporarily block the city from removing the statue for six months.

• Iron Lady says:

Doesn’t look like the same person.

29. big bad mike says:

Come back Shane! We want you Shane. Mom wants you. Shane! Come back!
    We finally got a fighter and the peanut gallery is caving. Suck it up.

30. rjcylon says:

Major speculation going on right now regarding this driver, fake internet bios, Soros, Governors pulling permits, cops not being in the area, antifa.. I don’t know what to make of it. It does NOT pass the smell test for me. Obviously a criminal is a criminal but is the motivation fabricated? This is just “off”.

31. To lighten the mood…

32. sunnydaze says:

Holy Smoly. Judge Jeanine is arguing with a *Black* Professor who is stating that these White Nationalists are NOT White Supremacists. For a bit, Jeanine tried to get her to say they were all Racists but the prof. argued with her.

Dr. Carol Swain (?). She’s going to feel such wrath from both Left and Right.

What a Brave Brave woman.

And, frankly, she may be right. But I’ll tell you, you pull out the torches and the slogans and you’ve lost me. Forever. I no longer care about you except to say: Go Away. You’re stupid.

• libertysc2016 says:

Why should we rush to label everyone that was there on the right. I have seen a few pictures that are troubling but that does not mean everyone there is a racist. We should not stand for such negative stereotyping, in part, because it ends up being applied to an even larger population (us).

• libertysc2016 says:

Shame on the judge for being so quick to but into such a hostile and ignorant narrative. I will have to look up the interview – good for the professor.

• deqwik2 says:

Dr Carol Swain is normally right on. She was a Trump supporter & I read several of her posts during the campaign.
      From her fb page she posted the following along with a link to NYT article.

“People who want to understand this will take the time to read THE NEW WHITE NATIONALISM IN AMERICA. They will better understand why these young people are pushing back against a multiculturalism that doesn’t include them or recognize their rights.”

• deqwik2 says:

Dr Swain just posted:
        I find it frustrating that too few people understand what is happening. Everyone seems to be using the same lame talking points.

• libertysc2016 says:

Thank you for this post. I think there is a lot at play, including the basic rights of many white folks, and we should resist the temptation to buy the globalist/leftist narrative.

• sunnydaze says:

I applaud Carol Swain for speaking up and she makes some VERY good points that we are all aware of.

But these people are going about their “cause” in such an ass backwards way that they will NEVER get sympathy from even those who may agree with them on many/most/ALL things.

So they need to re-think WTF they are doing. Cuz this is designed to Backfire.

They need to get a clue. Use Lefty tactics and it’s a Big Fail.

They are united with the Identitarian Movement in Europe. Which has failed over there for the exact same reasons.

You wonder why the Swedes, even the “sane” ones who are terrified of what’s happening there, will not vote for people who will help them? It’s Movements like this. Where everyones in Lockstep. Heck, they carry the same flags, shout in unison and in general scare the shit out of everyone who witnesses it.

Noone wants to see bunch of Torch Bearers marching thru their town shouting slogans. It’s intimidating. and if they had half a brain they’d know that.

• sunnydaze says:

Here’s a good laugh break. Carol Swain re-tweeted something from this person. “Je Suis….Sick of this Shit”, “ExDemocrat”. Too funny!

• WSB says:

Carol Swain is quite a respected historian. She was featured in Dinesh D’Souza’s
      Ast film about Hillary Clinton.

33. JoD says:

A recently posted Stefan Molyneux YouTube video features a news woman (Faith Goldy) who was covering the “rally”. Ms. Goldy said that the gathering was peaceful until the Antifa Fascists and BLM started throwing rocks and spraying mace. She claims that after the Antifa and BLM starting attacking the protesters, the cops and riot police disappeared….the riot began. Interesting.

• libertysc2016 says:

We have watched this same script play out in city after city. I am not sure why conservatives – or any sentient being for that matter – is surprised at the formula. We are being had in the worst type of way.

• nimrodman says:

“… the gathering was peaceful until the Antifa Fascists and BLM started throwing rocks and spraying mace … the cops and riot police disappeared …”

Well, if there’s to be a DOJ investigation, that looks to be some good grist to be investigated.

Let’s see if DOJ and FBI can get to the bottom of the real story:
        – – lefty brownshirts,
        – – lefty Mayor giving lefty Police Chief a lefty stand-down order,
        – – lefty Mayor or Governor prior knowledge of lefty groups planning disruption and violence,
        – – yada yada yada …

• nimrodman says:

… and I’ll add that it will be a crucible-level test of Sessions’ DOJ:

Sure, send car-plow guy away for a long time if he’s got no plausible “I was scared and surrounded” defense.

But if the facts pan out on the “police stand-down order” or “police willingly disappeared instead of separating factions” …

… and if DOJ doesn’t uncover it and place appropriate blame and fault for violence on the Lefty BLM and Antifa groups that were involved …

… then we’ll know that there is no justice or reckoning coming.

• deqwik2 says:

Here’s the video of her live feed. There is not any police anywhere in this until the accident.

34. WSB says:

PS McAuliffe is practising for President 2020.

35. deqwik2 says:

Why history is important:

From the Toledo Blaze article:

• sunnydaze says:

Now *that* I did not know. (That Lee was anti-slavery).

So when they tear these Lee statues down, it means they are Slavery supporters, right?

• deqwik2 says:

They are re-teaching history to fit their narrative.
        ” part of a broader city effort to change the way Charlottesville’s history of race is told in public spaces. ”

Lee came from a high society family from VA & they owned slaves but Lee did not like the fact that the war was centered on slavery issue.

At the beginning of Lee’s military career VA was in the Union & Lee was in the US Army.
        Before the Civil War, Lee was a hero for his part in the Mexican War. He resigned from the military & went back home to VA.

Lee was committed to the state of Virginia & when VA decided to secede, it pretty much forced Lee to fight in the Confederacy in order to fight for the state he loved. It’s a shame to see how the state of VA is treating him.