August 7th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #200

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,381 Responses to August 7th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #200

1. daughnworks247 says:

Funny Trump story.
    I am substituting, for a girlfriend whose husband has Alzheimer’s, as an admin for a large Facebook Group.
    It’s a big group and we get about 500 requests a day to join. The group has “questions” set up to filter out trolls, foreign nationals, etc.
    Normally, we get “yes/no” responses, but sometimes, a Trumpster offers up a gem of a comment and I have to stop and laugh.
    Thought I would share one with you here.
    Question:
    Do you support President Trump?
    Answer from a guy in Wisconsin, American Legion, former Vietnam Vet:

“Does a duck with a boner drag weeds? Of course I support Trump. It’s the damn RINO’s we need to throw out.”

Yeah, I think he’s in.
    He wins the blue ribbon for best response of the day.

2. Ed. says:

When Senator Blumenthal gets back from his vacation he can tell true stories of his time in Nam this time.

“Yah I was in the Nam, I recall the dangers I faced like it was just last week. I remember one time inside the Mekong Delta along the Ho Chi Mihn trail while I bravely looked out for Charlie in the bush, I knew it was only a matter of time before it would be my turn to go.”

The tour guide later explained while the senators recount of the events may be technically factual, the truth was that the bathroom on the bus was out of order, so the tour guide formed a buddy system when the bus stopped for breaks. And the Senator was assigned to watch while a Mister Charlie Johnson age 76 from Calgary Canada relieved himself in the foil age along side the road, and the old man would watch out for him as he relieved himself.

3. SR says:

PTrump is hitting CT senator today. There is something going on that we may learn in few days why this particular senator.

4. christina says:

obama administration killed seth rich/blackmail others similar to their counter parts in movie 2012, just replace disaster with Obamacare/sanctuary cities as evil scheme to suppress citizen voters.

5. Liked by 18 people

• lastinillinois says:

Beautifully written.

Expect the chicago Marxists to tear it up, throw it on the ground, spit on it, and set it on fire.

And Rahm will continue along with his “take it to the alley” policing policies.

• youme says:

Chicago cop at Second City Cop blog:
      I work in 11 on midnights. My partner and i turned into an alley off of Ridgeway. Cockroach turns sees us and in his left hand a semi auto pistol. That adrenaline hit me and I took off for about ten steps. I quickly realized that chasing this young man who might end up being a future astronaut or curing cancer was not in the best interests of
      1) my partner
      2) my family
      3) the Chicago Police Dept
      4) the community I was serving.
      So I immediately radioed my partner and he picked me up. I told him flat out. “It’s not worth it.” He agreed.

I really think I deserve special recognition for de escalating the situation. Asked my Sgt to put me in for an award. He laughed, thinking I was joking. I’m not joking. I want my award.

• youme says:

To 11 on midnights, you did the right thing. 100%.

Don’t let anyone try to convince you otherwise. If you catch the cockroach, get the gun and he is completely unscathed then you get to go to court where you will most likely leave court more frustrated than you walked in after the case is reduced or just thrown out altogether. If you catch him and he resists then it’s anybodies guess. You’ll be lucky if you can avoid being a headline. What happened was the best outcome for you, your partner and your family. Remember your priorities. The city and dept have theirs and we have ours. I left 011 over 20 years ago and it was a great place to work and actually chase and catch criminals. Now everything is different so we must do things differently. Congratulations officer, you now truly understand what things are important. Good luck to you.

• youme says:

After every stop, a Chicago officer must complete a report called an ISR

Under state law and an agreement with the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois, Chicago officers now must report far more information about stops — including whether they frisked the person and if an arrest was made.

A retired federal judge will review the Chicago reports to ensure the stops are passing constitutional muster.

Does everyone recall what these reports entail? School information, employment information, all vehicle information (even if no tickets are written), potentially three different narratives. Seventy-something boxes to complete…per person stopped. On a good day, that’s 20 minutes per report, twisted in a unnatural sitting position to type on a screen smaller than a standard laptop. Draw your own conclusions.

Remember, here’s what the mayor supposedly wanted according to rumors the other day:
          Heard through a little birdy that Mr. 9.5 flipped out the other day when he got the numbers from the month of January. Supposedly he started demanding answers as to why no one’s doing ISR’s and when told that no one wants to do a 2-page report that the ACLU is getting their hands on, he demanded that R and D fix it and fix it immediately.

And here’s what the ACLU says:
          “We are pleased that there are going to be fewer stops.”

So who are you going to put your trust in? A mayor that has repeatedly thrown the Police Department under the bus and driven it over everyone including the supernintendo whose back he had not even 48 hours before firing, or the ACLU who has made no secret of its institutional hatred of police?

This is part of what the PAX 501 from the boss says:

The Department has not relinquished any control of our policies and procedures to the ACLU. The agreement does not provide the ACLU with any role whatsoever with respect to individual officers’ compliance with the Department policies.

Except for the fact that the ACLU gets copies of every single ISR report – that isn’t a “relinquish[ing]” of anything, right? Who are you shitting John? At the FOP meeting Tuesday, it was discussed that the ACLU is mailing surveys (and has created a flyer) for persons stopped by the police. They have also contacted stopped persons at home, are asking leading questions, and providing guidance to the CR process in order to get complaint numbers on officers. No reporter will touch on that – the ACLU, a private organization, is getting data collected by government agents (the police) in order to sue the government collecting the data.

The fact is that the ACLU is getting these files and is reviewing them for reasons to sue the Department and individual officers, and anyone who says differently, from the mayor, the Acting Superintendent and on down the line, is lying – plain and simple.

• lastinillinois says:

All this is absolutely correct.

The ACLU is policing the streets of Chicago, determining whom to sue and whom wins the ghetto lottery.

Chicago is gone.
            Long gone.

• BebeTarget says:

Anyone who remains a police officer in Chicago deserves a medal every day. Same in NY and other Dem run crime cities. Protect yourselves THEN the community. Your bosses don’t seem to care about you, but we do.

• georgiafl says:

Blog that follows details/stats of Chicago shootings: http://heyjackass.com

• lastinillinois says:

By the way, District 011 is Harrison District.
        Consists of most of Garfield Park, part of North Lawndale, and a corner of Austin ‘hoods – 3 of 4 most violent ‘hoods in chicago.

And this ACLU garbage is just some of the crap these men & women in blue have to put up with each day/night.

Blue are special people, these particular Blue are solid special.

And Rahm has ceded authority of his PD to the -bangers and the Marxists.
        Only entity not represented (yet) is the muzz.

• Bree says:

Strong letter. Love it. Plain and simple.
      On another note, any ideas on what might happen when the 10 states threatening to sue hit their deadline in September? How’s the administration going to react? Just wondering. Hoping the rescind DACA.

• lastinillinois says:

I think Pres Trump is waiting forbthe courts to lead on this item.

If he can get DACA reversed in his 1st term – AND not have his fingerprints on it – he stands to lose fewer 2016 Trump Dems in ’20.

I believe this is why he is putting up with – or maybe orchestrating – the Sessions inaction in other areas.

• MadeMan says:

Trump campaigned on ending DACA. The Trump Democrats are blue collars who support better trade deals, less wars, a secured border, and a stronger military. It still makes no sense why he hasn’t frozen new DACA entries. More everyday

6. Liked by 5 people

• georgiafl says:

The real point is NOT what President Trump promised – it’s what the RINOs promised (to REPEAL and REPLACE Obamacare) that makes them FRAUDS!!!!!

Not living up to their OWN promises and not supporting their own GOP Party President makes them DOUBLY frauds!!!!

• libertysc2016 says:

They have lied repeatedly for years and now stand naked and exposed as frauds. They are a uniquely criminal group and should certainly resign.

7. Piper says:

Beware the “redneck revolt”, crazy lefties who carry weapons(who knew)

• Howie says:

They keep trying to push absurd sanctions. Over and over they never work.

• MadeMan says:

China will violate the sanctions in the not too distant future

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Do you have a better proposal of immediate actions we could discuss?

• MadeMan says:

Nope. I agree with the sanctions and commend that Trump was able to get this done. I’m just saying what we all know will inevitably happen.

Personally I believe we should withdraw all our troops from South Korea. I lived there for a summer back in 2005, and there were constant protests of our “occupation” by the S Korean left. To this day, those protests have only intensified. If they don’t want us there… great. Defend yourselves. We still cannot allow them to develop nuclear weapons, but our troops should not be on the line. Especially if half the country or more is ungrateful of our military presence. We protect their border, yet don’t protect our own Borders. Not acceptable

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Thanks for the reply,

1) When China violates the UN Sanction, Secretary Ross and Ambassador Haley can “Call Them Out” on that in public…..part of this dance….more leverage for the Trade disparity with the ChiComs…..

2) I made several biz trips to South Korea in the late 80’s early 90’s and Yep observed such “Student Protests” as you describe.

3) Always liked the Korean people when I went, but geesh they were lousy Engineers……

4) Protests there are likely similar to here: a small group amplified.

BR

8. kp3ace says:

Approval ratings: Sen. Tillis 29%, Nancy Pelosi 27%, Chick Schumer 26%, Michell McConnell 17% Quinnipiac, Elon University

9. Dora says:

10. Sandra-VA says:

Wow! Blumenthal has really really ticked off President Trump:

11. budmc says:

12. Sedanka says:

Treepers, I can’t find any info about this so I don’t think Trump has done it yet, or maybe he’s even forgotten. It’s not important except as a gesture, but I would like to see Trump do it. Obama changed the name of Mount McKinley to “Denali” (because he hates any English sounding names). When Obama announced this with great sadistic glee, Trump tweeted that it was stupid and that he’d change the name back to McKinley if he was voted in as President. How can we get word to him to ask that this be done now that he’s in office? I really think it’s been forgotten under all the more important stuff.

• psadie says:

Email WH.gov. Someone is reading those emails.

• Alexsandra says:

I think there are bigger fish to fry than the mountain being renamed right now. What’s more, other than signage change and tourist brochure updates, the Alaskans, including the natives, will call it whatever they want. I lived in Alaska as a child for several years during the 60’s, and as an adult two times in the 1980’s – 1990’s and uniformly I can tell you that I heard it called both things by different people, without anyone minding the name variation. I think Denali was the old native name.

13. citizen817 says:

14. psadie says:

CA preschoolers now going to transgender rainbow day camp…to be whomever they want to be!!! Oh, my.

15. rsanchez1990 says:

Stephen Miller on Sean Hannity’s show. Miller is a real class act and does a great job communicating President Trump’s agenda. He’s definitely too good for Jimmy:

16. deplorable and proud says:
  17. Bull Durham says:

Steve Pieczenik lowers the boom on Mike Pence for failures in legislation and subverting POTUS’s agenda.

Here’s two excerpts:

“I am asking those of you who initially inspired Trump to run for the presidency: the vets, the alt –media, the conspiracy theorists, the military/IC to ask for Mike Pence’s resignation. He is clearly playing a double-handed game. Pence praises Trump while all the time preparing himself to take over the White House on a momentum’s notice.”

“I don’t like Mike Pence. He represents all the repulsive features of an egregious professional politician. He fellates his courtiers to bestow money and recognition upon his very mediocre intelligence and meager professional competency.

“Like most politicians, he will morph continuously into any shape, position, or religion, in order to accommodate the shifting tides of his increasing narcissism.

“Pence grew up a devout Roman Catholic. At the same time, he was an ardent Democrat who volunteered for the Bartholomew County Democratic Party in 1976. He campaigned vigorously for the left-leaning presidential candidate, Jimmy Carter. On top of that, Pence spoke of his great admiration for the war-hawk JFK and the anti-establishment, Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. He soon realized that he was going nowhere in the losing Democratic Party.

“Like so many ambitious politicians, he became an evangelical born-again Christian. He did not convert because he had changed his belief. He realized that the new silent majority, as Jerry Falwell had proclaimed, was ‘the born again Christians’. His devoted Catholic mother warned him against such a blatant, transparent religious conversion. She was completely against it. [Wikipedia].”

• psadie says:

Not surprised about Mikey for I don’t see him doing much to push Trump’s agenda forward with his friends in Congress. He just shows up and TALKS so much for ACTION happening!

• Oldschool says:

Lou Dobbs RIPPED Pence tonight and his staff. Said Kelly better pay close attention to that crew.

• LBB says:

Being an evangelical isn’t something you convert to, it’s just a higher level of awareness. Just like here , when sunlight hits the truth.

• Regina says:

gosh – admiration for JFK and MLK – what a creep!!

Ever listen to Pieczenik on Infowars? The few minutes he’s not praising Alex for being Brilliant and Witty (yeah, no lie) he throws out incorrect names for people he’s criticizing and generally fumbles half his facts.

I Loved Pieczenik when he first started talking live – but after a few years, I started really thinking about the fact that the guy’s claim to fame is psyop/overthrow. Kinda like dating a cheating man – “if he’s cheating on her, why would he be any different to me?”

I don’t trust him, or Alex, anymore – they’re definitely in it for the money, but I don’t see either one supporting Trump the way they should be.

• MadeMan says:

I don’t but Mike Pences folksy “ahh shucks” routine. Make no mistake, he is a snake and his intentions are not honorable

• Sherlock says:

Sorry, I refuse to start bashing yet another member of President Trump’s administration.
      Not happening.

• LKA in LA says:

Thank goodness Sherlock. I am not bashing President Trump’s administration either. I admire your constant reminder to others that the bashing is not the best policy.

If Congress really does operate as a small business to get their Medical Insurance subsidized, then can citizens sue the small business (congress) with false advertisement claims regarding the repeal promise?

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m impressed that Wikipedia was able to see into Mike Pence’s heart and soul and recognize him for an evil, traitorous person who is only using Christ as a political tool to gain advantage.

Too bad he is so stooooopid. He should have realized that the cool kids aren’t us Evangelical Christians who are persecuted daily. I’d think someone so politically astute would have chosen a faith that was safe for mainstream consumption, you know? It would have made him much more popular with the masses./sarc

Seriously, I know this site is full of Pence haters and people are entitled to their beliefs. This just struck me as a real low to go after a man because of his professed faith without any evidence except…Wikipedia. Makes me wonder about Steve Pieczenik more than Mike Pence.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Bull Durham I just reread the reply I posted and I want to hasten to say I am not intending to attack you in any way. Most sincerely.

I haven’t followed Steve P. much, but I have found some of his stuff interesting. This just hit me wrong.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Propaganda is rampant. President Trump wants Pence as VP. End of discussion for any person making money off their opinion….. Lou Dobbs, Pieczenik are both outsiders trying to look in. Enough already.

• Wiggyky says:

This has been debunked by VP Pence, PTrump and others. Pence has no intention to run for POTUS in 2020. I’m am always leery of these unknown “know it alls”.

18. whoseyore says:

Don’t know how reliable this information is, but it sure makes you think.

• whoseyore says:

Treepers, please read the article above and tell me what your thoughts are.

• My thoughts are to momentarily question your sanity. That web site would fit right in with the tabloids at the grocery store. Completely unsourced, tinfoil hat-wearing “bulloney” and internet hoaxes authored by some guy named David Booth under the fake identity “Sorcha Faal, Russian academic”.

Here’s a quote from the fine print near the bottom of their home page:
        “WhatDoesItMean.Com Is One Of The Top Ranked Websites In The World For New World Order, Conspiracy Theories And Alternative News”

Possibly entertaining if read while drunk or abusing Xanax.

• Sherlock says:

My thoughts? Don’t post garbage on this site.

• jeans2nd says:

Only one problem – President Trump already knew this. Remember that tweet, when President Trump remodeled the dining room and stripped it down to the studs, and President Trump tweeted that they found “gold” in the walls? Those wires inside cabling, coax, CAT5/6, whatever, are gold.

President Trump is currently at his New Jersey golf club while the air conditioning and heating systems in the White House are replaced. Think about it. Things happen for a reason.

• John says:

This renovation has been planned for years. It was suppose to take a year according to the Obama administration. Trump knows construction and this will be done in 17 days. Obama is a tool.

• psadie says:

I believe that the WH is chock full of “bugs” placed their by the devious Zero. I don’t know why Tillerson would tell Lavrov about it when it doesn’t concern him. Some parts of it sound true.

19. fleporeblog says:

Obamacare remains in name only! Anthem has really done a great job of backing our President and now has decided they are bailing out of the exchange in two additional states; Nevada and Georgia.

From the article linked above:

U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc said on Monday it will no longer offer Obamacare plans in Nevada’s state exchange and will stop offering the plans in nearly half of Georgia’s counties next year.

The moves come after Republican senators last month failed to repeal and replace Obamacare, former President Barack Obama’s signature healthcare reform law, creating uncertainty over how the program providing health benefits to 20 million Americans will be funded and managed in 2018.

The company said last week that it will pull out of 16 of 19 pricing regions in California in 2018 where it offered Obamacare options this year.

• LBB says:

I hate that R’s have dragged their feet on this and wasted valuable time. All for the special interest groups & D’s who don’t want O’s legacy to go down. Repealing would possibly splinter off Bernie’s side of the party , who want to go a different direction, but are united on this one policy.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

But, but…..millions of children will die!
      Oh wait, ………..that’s Planned Parenthood.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Felice, did you see where that lawyer in Virginia is suing the Republican Party for not honoring their Repeal and Replace promise? He sounds like he knows what he is doing. He said that CMS is making plans for a single payer system. He is hoping to draw attention to this fact and force the Republicans back to action via his lawsuit. Interesting. These are desperate times.

20. Alexsandra says:

@realDonaldTrump twitter now 35.3 million. =more than 10% of U.S. population.

21. Joel says:

If the Russians had somehow eliminated most of the top management personal in our government, it might start a war. If the democrats do it through creeping confirmation, we should consider it treason. Come on, McConnell, grow a pair and stop Schumar’s treason.

22. IMO says:

Apparently, Trolls Can’t Read

Craig Sawyer puts twitter trolls in their place.

23. duchess01 says:

The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary
    For Immediate Release – August 07, 2017
    Editorial: “Someone Just Noticed That Trump Is Getting Stuff Done”

“After weeks and months of fixating on tweets and Russia, someone in the press decided to have a look at what the Trump administration has been up to since January. Lo and behold, they discovered that it’s getting a lot done.”

Someone Just Noticed That Trump Is Getting Stuff Done
    Editorial
    Investor’s Business Daily
    August 5, 2017

24. Regina says:

25. B Woodward says:

Thank you President Trump for your 200 days of great service to the country as President. And thank you for your 784 days of working tirelessly for this country since making your announcement in 2015. Thank you for your personal expenses, sacrifices, and risks you have taken to save the United States from a terrible fate..

May God bless you. May Heaven’s Generals and Soldiers protect you and your family from all harm. May the Archangels give you guidance, strength, and protection.

Many blessings to you and your family!

26. Regina says:

• blognificentbee says:

Some say that O’Keefe never drops a MOAB, but he does lob artillery at a impressively consistent rate! He is fighting for our way every day.

27. blognificentbee says:

28. blognificentbee says:

So that thing where MSM reported all week-end that GenKelly now has control over what POTUS tweets…..um……NO!

😂😆😊

• WSB says:

PT should just declassify. There was no need to classify in the first place. Just do it.

• WSB says:

Redact entire pages.

• Regina says:

I actually like the way Trump is keeping his hands off all this stuff – a lot of people are frustrated that “nothing’s happening!” but in reality a Lot is happening, it’s just happening independent of any action by Trump or his Admin. There’s been more info released in the past month than anyone would have ever imagined – yet no one has been able to ‘blame’ Trump for being Hitler/fascist/ruining our democracy/yada yada

They’re letting social media take the lead – I’ve never once thought that meant they Weren’t doing anything, they’re just waiting until people have seen so much they can’t deny that action is required.

29. blognificentbee says:

Always like to give a shout-out to SebGorka when I catch him on TV. Such a great rep for POTUS and his message. Tonight it was interesting to see that Gorka had changed his twitter avatar to a picture of Jeff Sesions and himself…just interesting messaging, thought I would share it here.

30. Regina says:

oh lordy – like Portland doesn’t have enough going on –

31. blognificentbee says:

JOKE (apologies if it is a repeat, I just saw it today)

Hillary – calls DJT: Donald, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has died and I would like to replace her.
    DJT: That’s OK with me as long as the funeral home is OK with it.

😂😂😂

32. Donna in Oregon says:

I scan other media. Rarely click on anything. Especially a headline. No clicks for clowns….
    However, I do read Sundance. Word-for-word, and I do click on his references.

There are too many distractions with noise out there. Media and bloggers are not unbiased. I want to think for myself and reading repetitious Lobbyist and Swamp agendas just doesn’t work for me. I’ll pick a subject and read about it from the most intellectual sources available, even Case Law rather than Cerno, Rush, etc. Rarely does anyone document like Sundance.

I refuse to let the political media dictate to me. I don’t like what they do to the country, they are all distorted by money and power. Right or left…..

• Yup…. I used to read or watch msm and think “I wonder if that is true” Now I don’t read it, watch it, nor waste time trying to figure out if any of it is true. I quit national “news” 10-12 years ago, now I suffer through local news for actual news, but as soon as they start with anything national, or about our PDJT I hit the mute button………

33. georgiafl says:

Them there illegals is expensive! Costs 6 times more to keep them than deport them!

34. LBB says:

Feeling like we’ll get a little boost of a present tomorrow.

35. Regina says:

wow- just can’t make this stuff up (copied here to demonstrate the absurdity). There was a lot of blowback on twitter when the account Trump retweeted yesterday was suddenly suspended – so SURELY this is the explanation. gad –

Democracy is Dying in Broad Daylight over at WaPo

The curious case of ‘Nicole Mincey,’ the Trump fan who may actually be a Russian bot

Early Saturday morning, President Trump tweeted his gratitude to a social-media super-fan, ­Nicole Mincey, magnifying her praise of him to his 35 million followers.

Here’s the problem: There is no evidence the Twitter feed belongs to someone named Nicole Mincey. And the account, according to experts, bears a lot of signs of a Russia-backed disinformation campaign.

On Sunday, Twitter suspended the Mincey account, known as @ProTrump45, after several other users revealed that it was probably a fake, created to amplify pro-Trump content.

The incident highlights Trump’s penchant for off-the-cuff tweeting — and the potential consequences for doing so now that he holds the nation’s highest office. Even as the president has railed against multiple investigations into Russia’s meddling in U.S. politics, he may have become Exhibit A of the foreign government’s influence by elevating a suspected Russia-connected ­social-media user — part a sophisticated campaign to exacerbate disputes in U.S. politics and gain the attention of the most powerful tweeter in the world.

“The president doesn’t know whether it’s a Russian bot or not,” said Clint Watt, a former FBI agent and fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, using the term for a fake Twitter account pretending to represent a real person and created to influence public opinion or promote a particular agenda. “He’s just pushing a narrative, whether it’s true or false. This provides a window not just for Russia but for any adversary to both influence the president or discredit him.”

• Donna in Oregon says:

Great Clint Watt. Riddle us this do you know why 20% of American Uranium became property of Russia? Really would be more interested in that then some bot. Bot’s don’t blow up whole cities….