President Trump Reacts to Senate GOP Healthcare Failure…

President Donald Trump expresses strong “disappointment” in the GOP healthcare bill failure:

As we have said since before last year, the senate will not vote on a ‘repeal only’ bill because: A.) repeal takes 60 votes, and B) there are not even 50 republican votes for a repeal.

Again, as we have said from the beginning, changing the senate rules to a 51 vote threshold for legislative passage is not workable because: A.) it takes 67 senators to agree to change the rule (eliminate the Byrd Rule), and B.) The senate doesn’t want to change the rules.

The GOP have never voted to repeal Obamacare because the GOP doesn’t want to repeal Obamacare.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Legislation, media bias, Mike pence, Mitch McConnell, Obamacare, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

265 Responses to President Trump Reacts to Senate GOP Healthcare Failure…

1. MaineCoon says:

Father, I pray that you remove the obstacles – D’ s & R’s – in 2018 who are thwarting President Trump’s agenda. You anointed and appointed our President. Please pave the way for him to do his job as He looks to you for guidance.

P.S. I have a personal request. Could you remove my rep, the man standing to the right on Pelosi? He is thwarting your anointed and appointed President.

I ask this in Jesus name, Amen!

2. youme says:

Shed sunshine on ObamaCare’s subsidies for Congress: How they got it and why

Trump can order an appeal of the OPM decision to provide congress and staff a subsidy and the decision that Congress be treated as a small business ( both are illegal ). He can do it right now. So just do it.

3. Ghostrider says:

They don’t even have the votes to repeal Obamacare. Shocking, right? Let’s call it for what it is: McConnell & Cornyn are weak, extremely weak leaders. Because what we actually see playing out is clear as day: Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins are running the US Senate. They are voting to KEEP Obamacare, in order to keep Alaska and Maine on Medicaid.

No more GOP Senate or House donations from me. EVER, EVER again.

4. Joshua2415 says:

No surprise here at all. The republicans have positioned themselves to do exactly what they are best at…NOTHING. If they are counting on the fact that none of them voted for the ACA when it was passed to give them cover as the Obamacare exchanges continue to collapse, they are delusional. Every bit of health care misery that the media can find in the country will lead their nightly news broadcasts until the R’s finally break down and vote in a single-payer plan. Which is what most of them probably want anyway.
    “Never let a good crisis go to waste” – R. Emmanuel

5. MfM says:

Paul Nehlan was a very late candidate to run against Paul Ryan. As a virtual unknown he got over 11,000 votes in the primary. Ryan’s 57,000 won him the primary and then he went on to win the seat 230,000 to only 107,000 for the Democrat.

Nehlan has more name recognition now and Ryan has not been supporting Trump. The only way to get Ryan out is to primary him. It is unlikely that even an intense campaign to vote the Democrat would change the outcome. I haven’t heard of any other option for that seat. Nehlan hasn’t stopped being politically active since he lost the primary. I see him as our best hope for that seat.

Does anyone with more local knowledge have someone else that has a better chance? I don’t think Spencer Zimmerman has any more name recognition and he certainly doesn’t have the national support.

6. christina says:

did russia order and benefit most of cali prop 187 destruction? no

did russia order daca/dapa creation so they can benefit most help dem rig election? no

did russia order abuse of government subsides with crazy increase cost of premiums/deductibles using illegals/upkeep cost excuse? no

did russia order open borders with double standards to illegals so they can rig election leverage/europe crisis? no

did russia order the staging incidents prior/post election nazi intimidation? no

summary all pro illegals without limits in usa government should be arrested for treason. those whom say russia hack election while being pro illegals same time deserve to have pension/healthcare stripped.

7. jojo says:

How about ALL FEDERAL EMPLOYEES, including elected politicians, MUST have Obamacare. Simple solution.

• cjzak says:

That is my biggest wish and biggest annoyance. They still exempted themselves from the latest version. That is unacceptable and they need to have exactly what the rest of us are forced to have. Period. Anything less is a big sore point for me as is being able to shop for any insurance plan and company you want anywhere in the country.

• cjzak says:

Oops meant not having the ability to shop for insurance anywhere is a sore point that wasn’t addressed again. I get it that because of reconciliation it had to come later but they didn’t even talk about it in the Senate version to my knowledge.

8. jefcool64 says:

The only thing I could think of is what Trump said and win a vast majority of senate seats in 2018. However he knows as well as Sundance that even a 60+ Republican majority is potentially useless when it’s the uniparty he’s fighting.

Still…I can’t think of any other solution. Giving the other half of the uniparty wing–the democrats– almost equal say in congress is just going to stalemate everything. Maybe stack the senate with republicans to the point where they have the numbers for any law they want. However that does nothing to address their WILL for full repeal and replace.

9. WeThePeople2016 says:

I think that Trump wants them on record as voting no. No more hiding behind the “I don’t know” or “I can’t support this” nonsense. I then think that those who vote no are going to feel the wrath of Trump in 2018 and 2020. Trump does not forget those who are not loyal to the American people and to their word. Make them vote and live with the consequences.

10. mikeyboo says:

If all of Congress/Senate were LEGALLY CONFINED to the health care plan they devise for the people, Americans would have great health care.

• timothy says:

I read that Trump can make that happen with an executive order. IIRC, the Congressional excemption is an EO.

• Wink says:

Some times the only way to get their attention is a swift kick in the pants. This just might do the trick.

• Timothy, the President does not have constitutional authority to do that. He cannot do by EO which he does not have the lawful authority to do anywhere else. Sorry man.

Whoever printed what you read was wishing on a star. But, of course, who in Washington limits their actions to the limits in the Constitution anymore?

I am not saying he cannot do it. Just saying he cannot lawfully, constitutionally do it. Big difference.

• Borealis says:

Maybe he can’t do it legally, and it wouldn’t survive a curt challenge. But which Senator or Congresscritter would want to be the one to challenge it and say, “I shouldn’t have to have the same health care as the rest of America”? Can you imagine the primary challenges they would get? Or the outrage they would face from the people they alegedly represent?

If Trump were to do this, I would immediately invest every penny I own into popcorn future and coloring book stocks. I would be rich enough to run in 2024.

• This is why every single voter, in a perfect world, should have a working knowledge of the Constitution and the history behind it.

Lots of comments here and lots of comments framed within a constitutional context as it should be when it comes to federal government issues. It is, after all, the ONLY rule book the States, on our behalf, gave the federal government to operate under, on their honor, under Oath.

Do we just assume the federal government has the authority to address the subject of “health” and ask for “repeal and replace”? or do we go in with the understanding that “repeal” is the only lawful consideration given to Congress by the States?

• mztore says:

AMEN !! Agree 100%

• Linda says:

I posted the same thoughts earlier. I would hit like if I could! So I will just tell you!

11. Wink says:

Maybe a meme war against the GOPe is necessary. We need to humiliate them in public.

12. Sylvia Avery says:

I’m not knowledgable about insurance or about the ins and outs of Obamacare, so this is pure speculation FWIW.

I have been weighed down with the neverending coverage of Obamacare’s repeal and replacement. Every day and every way there is more news and coverage of why it will never happen. Depresses me utterly because I want the government out of health care. I feel it is a key part of MAGA.

I am struck by President Trump’s composure over the setbacks, or defeats if you will, around repeal and replace. But you’d think he’d show some anger, maybe? Yes, he could be putting on a good face for the country.

But I can’t help but wonder. PDJT has proven over and over to be a very canny strategist. The path to R & R was always a very narrow and difficult one with very slim chances of success. Do you suppose this has been some kind of gigantic snipe hunt he has sent the Congress on to keep them busy while he does other things?

Perhaps he always intended for this to happen, or at least has been prepared for it to happen and thus has a Plan B in his back pocket. I can’t even imagine really what that might be. Maybe some kind of extreme regulatory roll back like he has done at the EPA that would alter the core of Obamacare or hasten its demise? Something like that was supposed to be Part 2 of his R&R plan, anyway.

Maybe he has some kind of deal he is working on with the insurance companies? I don’t know, I really don’t.

I just know I’m not ready to give up and say that the Trump Agenda is dead. I don’t honestly believe that for a second.

• MaineCoon says:

I give credence to your thoughts.

I’m re-posting what I just posted on another thread as it somewhat addresses your thoughts, maybe.
      ————–
      I know my stance is hard line, but this is what I would like to see done.

1. P45 veto any bill extending tax $$ bail out of OCare.

2. No taxpayer bailout of any insurance/heaLth care corporations. None. U.S. CoC will now see UGLY.

President Trump says you have to know when to walk away from the table.

I think it’s now.

When REAL UGLY in states goes down (no HC) these ugly roaches will come running, begging back to the table. Otherwise, his tax plan is screwed up, too.

Walk away, Mr. President.
      ————–
      I think you accurately access the entire scenario. Maybe he knew Plan B was really Plan A all along and it means walking away…Everything he has done thus far he has given us advance notice during the campaign.

• Sylvia Avery says:

LOL I just read this on the other thread, but thanks for reposting. I think this is a definite possibility.

I don’t for a minute think all is lost and we just have to sit here and be mad and unhappy. We have to dust ourselves off, believe in PDJT, and continue to pray and work on the local level to deliver MAGA candidates.

I understand and agree with the Uniparty concept. I believe. But I think those who speak of staying home or voting for the Dim half of the Uniparty are cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face. Those choices take us from bad to worse.

• Linda says:

I have a question I’m hoping someone can answer. I read here every day but, my situation seems to be a little different from most of the posts I have seen. I had to have surgery not long ago.. I had gotten so bad I had no other choice. Things are much better now but, I am just trying to get through the medical bills accumulated and get them paid so that I can pursue treatment for other problems. My state was one of the states that didn’t expand their Medicaid program. I had been paying cash until I was forced to pay a penalty if I didn’t sign up. I didn’t want to but, I was able to have my surgery.. I have been able to survive on my husband’s social security. Now, I can’t live on that because I have so many medical bills. Is there still a penalty? I have only 1 year and 5 months before I am eligible for my Medicare. I am trying to hang on but I just fell and broke my ribs and also need immediate dental care because it’s crucial that I don’t get infection after my surgery. I seemed to be better off when I had to pay out of my pocket than I am now. I want to drop the Obama care but am scared the penalties are going to completely pull me under. I really don’t know after this what my options are. I was really hoping for a decision so I can at least make plans for what to do next..Thanks for anyone who can give me a link to help me or can answer my question. If they penalize me, can the IRS take it from my social security check? That will take every extra penny I have for food and necessities. Right now, my mobility is very limited. I do not want any type of government assistance. So, please don’t point me in that direction. Is this penalty still in effect?

• NC PATRIOT says:

Didn’t PDJT direct the IRS (in an EO) NOT to penalize people who didn’t check the insurance box on the tax form? I thought he did that several months ago. Can anyone give Linda a link to verify that ?

• MaineCoon says:

I don’t think people should stay home or vote for Ds. Neither is productive. As ling as P45 fight for me, I’ll fight for him by voting for anyone which can help.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

I hope Trump is not going to bail out the insurance companies. He needs to pull their funding now. Also, he cannot let these traitor Senators get away with what they did by issuing an EO. They have to live with the consequences. I also think that Trump needs to roll back the Obama EO that lets these traitors off of having Obamacare. They need to feel the same pain that we average Americans feel every day.

In my line of work, I am forced to work PT because of the Obamacare regulations. It is ridiculous but it is the law. There are millions of Americans who are also in my shoes and are forced to work PT. Many have taken two to three jobs to make up for it. Obamacare affects so many facets of our lives. The Washington elite in the Congress are not subjected to it.

• redtreesquirrel says:

Hi Sylvia. If you can get on Rush Limbaugh’s site and read the transcripts, he talked about this on today’s show. Link: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/07/18/trump-let-obamacare-fail/

Rush is certain that to allow Obamacare to fail is the absolute worst case scenario for the RINOs. Trump has stated that allowing Obamacare to fail on its own would be the most effective course to fixing it. I remember Trump saying at his rallies that “then the Democrats will be begging me to fix it!” Republicans too – now it seems.

I believe Trump’s plan B is to do just that. The RINO’s had their chance. Our Govt is corrupt. Extreme situations call for extreme measures sometimes.

• Sylvia Avery says:

TY so much! I will definitely check it out. I look forward to hearing Rush’s opinion on this. MAGA!

• G. Combs says:

Let Obamacare fail and walk away.

Think about it.

President Trump has made a GREAT SHOW of trying to get a decent healthcare bill passed. He has worked very hard trying to get it through the House and then the Senate. No ONE can say the President did not give it his best shot.

President Trump can now say he tried…. BUT he is NOT going to spend more TAX PAYER money on a failed idea. It is now up to the house and senate republicans… AND THE VOTERS to take care of the mess that Congress and Obummer created.

People are going to be looking for tar, feathers and ROPE by the time the 2018 elections come around and all Trump is going to have to do is give the nod to those who will support him to REPLACE the albatross now hanging from the collective necks of congress.

If I could I would photo-shop McConnell’s head on this guy.

• aplusresumes says:

I recall..in one of his rallies he said he wanted to jist let obamacare fail on its own weight.I am positive he said that, but I dont remember which on the hundreds of rallies it was.

13. WeThePeople2016 says:

14. litlbit2 says:

It is very clear by the previous actions of the GOPe republicans and all dnc members of both chambers of congress. It is not about “republicans having a backbone” soundbite we have heard for 40 years or having Limbaugh re-cue that talking point over and over.

It is about the above protecting their own cash cow over doing their job as hired by elections to make life better for all Americans. A voter can now easily see what needs to be done 2018.

We be coming! 2018 congress you are fired.

15. WeThePeople2016 says:

Fox is showing on the bottom Ticker that Turtle is calling the vote on Healthcare for next week. President Trump has invited the entire GOP Senate to lunch at the White House tomorrow.

16. trumpfan1 says:

time for war. this swamp need to be clean

17. citizen817 says:

18. Justah says:

President Trump is not using the correct phrasing – it’s not that “he will let it fail”, it’s that Congress never funded the risk-corridors program – Cost Sharing Reduction, which was never supposed to be more than a 3 year program to begin with. There have been several Court cases about this but the media has not reported much if anything on them. Billions of dollars are at stake – we call this the Insurance Bailout and that’s just what it is. Courts have ruled that Congress NEVER passed any authorization for this Bailout and the US House sued Health and Human Services – the Court ruled in favor of the House, which means any payments to Insurance companies are illegal. The Court allowed Obama to continue the payments until the Appeal process was completed. This all began in 2014 – the Judge ruled in May of 2016 and HHS/DOJ/Obama didn’t file their brief until 3 weeks before the 2016 Election. Donald Trump had nothing to do with any of this.

The Government’s Brief In House V. Burwell
    House v. Burwell was filed in November of 2014 following a July 2014 party-line vote by the House of Representatives to sue the administration for what Republicans in the House viewed as abuses of presidential power. The lawsuit focused on two issues: the decision by the administration in 2013 to delay the implementation of the employer mandate for a year, and the funding by the administration of the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments, arguably without an explicit appropriation.

The Legal And Policy Background
    The administration moved to dismiss the House’s complaint, contending that the federal courts have no jurisdiction to hear lawsuits by members of Congress challenging the actions of the executive. In an order entered on September 9, 2015, Judge Rosemary Collyer dismissed the House’s complaint regarding the employer mandate delay issue, which she regarded as a routine dispute over interpretation of the law and thus inappropriate for a lawsuit by the House. Judge Collyer refused, however, to dismiss the House’s claim that the funding of the CSRs without an explicit annual appropriation infringed on the constitutional authority of Congress to appropriate funds. In October Judge Collyer denied the government’s request for an expedited appeal from her decision.

The Courts have documentation from the CBO to Nancy Pelosi pointing out that the Risk Corridors were not funded by Congress in March of 2010. The Democrats and Obama administration KNEW these Risk Corridors were not funded, they gambled and Lost when the Insurance companies lost money and then came to HHS for the money they were promised.

It’s not Donald Trump that “will let ObamaCare fail” – it’s the Democrats that never funded it and now the Courts have order the payments Illegal. This needs to be made clear. (sorry for the long post)

19. jmclever says:

Some are saying that the video was Trump all “doom and gloom.” I think that My President was letting everyone know that the next phase is to go for a super majority and oust dems from their seats. The 2018 elections are a blink away. and I would bet that the first thing on the table for the newly elected Congress will be Repeal and Replace!