July 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #178

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

964 Responses to July 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #178

1. Honest Abbey says:

So another “uh oh” moment for the Dems, compliments of Mark Warner on Face the Nation today.

When asked about Comey’s memos, Warner said he has seen the memos and wants the public to see them as well –
    “BUT SOME ARE CLASSIFIED”.

Yes, without any hesitation whatsoever, those words just rolled right out of his mouth.

He quickly realized his slip-of-tongue and sprinted for cover by saying STRANGELY, SOME WERE CLASSIFIED AFTERWARD.

How much evidence does the DOJ need to charge CORRUPT COMEY?

RIDICULOUS!!

• BakoCarl says:

The classified information in some of those memos was always classified. Comey did not follow established security procedures when wrote classified information on paper (or in the computer) without putting classification markings on the paper (or in the computer file). So, the memos (files) that had the classified info had to be properly marked as classified later. They were not “classified” (active verb) later, they were marked as classified later. Big difference.

• Honest Abbey says:

Hi BakoCarl,
        Exactly what you just said.

I have found a simple way to explain this to my intentionally ignorant Dem friends.

I ask them if they were to manufacture their own currency in their basement, would they stamp the bills COUNTERFEIT B before passing them off as payment

• Honest Abbey says:

Strange, my comment posted smack in the middle of typing it. And now my page keeps freezing up. This has been happening for a few weeks now (page freezing) and it only happens on this website.
          So Frustrating!

Anyway, what I was in the middle of saying is, when I present them with that scenario, they seem to “get it”. They all say “NO” ……… They wouldn’t stamp the bills COUNTERFEIT. I say of course you wouldn’t, because that would be ridiculous – but does that mean they aren’t counterfeit, just because you didn’t stamp them COUNTERFEIT?

Sometimes you just need to draw pictures. 😂

• Tegan says:

The VERY SAME here…after the “error..reload” about 5 times I just give up. Only happens on this web site. Wondering if a “revamp” might be in order? Very, very frustrating and discouraging. I do not dare try to correct or insert in middle od post…for certain, I lose it.

• K2P2 Ribbing says:

What I’m wondering is if Comey is the ONLY person to have received these memos. If not, it’s easy enough to have someone else on the memo list show their memos–or maybe they’re all electronic and someone is messing with them in that way. BUT even then, a good computer whiz can determine if the docs have been tampered with and when.

In short, this should be easy to prove or disprove, so what’s the big deal here?

• Concerned Virginian says:

I believe Mark Warner sees himself as “VP material” for the 2020 Democrat Presidential run.
      He’s starting to “make waves” and get his “name” out there for Dem voter recognition.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Translation:
        I believe that Mark Warner is setting himself up (OR is being set up by the DNC/Dem elites) as “2020 VP material”. To wit: he’s “not charismatic” so no threat to a potential Dem Presidential candidate like, say, Kamala Harris (or even another Hillary Clinton run); he’s a confirmed member of the DC Swamp; he’s a U.S. Senator, so that “proves” that he “knows how to govern”; he can be relied upon to do EXACTLY what he’s told to do. I think the Dems DO NOT want another “Uncle Joe Biden” type of VP. Mark Warner would in their eyes probably fit the bill.

• Troublemaker10 says:

Mark Warner was a center left Governor of Virginia before elected to the Senate. I lived in VA at that time and he didn’t do much to complain about. He wasn’t that bad in the Senate for several years either. He’s gone batty since Trump won though.

He doesn’t fit the mold to be a presidential candidate on the Dem ticket…..but could be VP consideration like Tim Kaine was.

However, if they go that route…..it would tell me they are definitely worried about VA flipping back to it’s red state roots.

And, Bernie Sanders, and his radical progressives, will be a thorn in DNC ‘s side for at least a couple election cycles. So DNC will have their hands full.

• mireilleg says:

If only they had a real leader! But they don’t, so he might be a candidate, a VP not a chance.

• mireilleg says:

Oh dear! It’s becoming too easy to catch them. They are really unhinged. Good!

2. MakeAmericaGreat says:

I agree with Bill Mitchell that Cory Lewandowski should be utilized by the Trump Communications Team more. He’s very good.

Here is his interview with Maria Bartiromo from this morning on the Don Jr/Muh Russia stuff. Great command of the talking points (talking points that show more good preparation from the TCT):

The talking points-coordination this past week by TCT (Sanders, Sekulow, Gorka, etc) and its surrogates were the best of the administration so far. The TCT has come a long, long way in six months.

3. youme says:

Elon Musk: There was ‘no way’ I could stay on at the White House after Trump pulled out of the Paris deal

Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving

Elon Musk Apologizes For Paying Tesla Workers $5 An Hour To Build A Body Shop

Hey Elon, Give America back all the government subsidies you taken from us to support your businesses and lifestyle.

• booger71 says:

Lithium battery production is extremely unfriendly to the environment…in fact it is down right nasty, and China holds 90% of the worlds rare earth mineral wealth.

• piper567 says:

what happens to these cars when they have a wreck which “totals” them? Does anyone know?
        even in my tiny town they have a container for AAA batteries. Is such a container just a feel-good thing? Or are batteries really a problem when places in landfills?
        Does anyone know how these huge batteries are dealt with?

4. Dora says:

5. MakeAmericaGreat says:

A comment on the new fake polls. I would imagine that the ‘explanations’ of them (why Trump supposedly has such low numbers) will involve heavy gaslighting. In this instance, the non-acknowledgment that a continuous, 9-month smear campaign has been run against the president since the time he won the election (actually, before then).

For Trump to be at around 40% in a poll of adults with a D+12 skew after this all-out propaganda blitz is incredible. Remarkable.

As I’ve said before, only Trump could have withstood this assault because of his strong pre-politics brand and iconic “American success symbol” status. Anyone else would have been crushed long, long ago.

• CheeseHead says:

They’ve been getting close to passing MAGA legislation so the release of these polls was timed precisely to scare the pathetic GOP congress back into their cowering fetal position and force them to run away from President Trump. It works every time.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

That is precisely why these polls were released now ChesseHead, I agree.

Same tactics over and over again.

What they did not know was McCain was going to need surgery. So they’ll have to repeat the process once he comes back for the health care vote.

• 4sure says:

Please accept My apologies for reminding all here but we already know the following:

The uniparty pubs want us to think they are stupid or scared of the dems. It is a better camo. than us knowing the truth about them….that they are owned by the special interests, They do nothing that is not directly influenced by their masters, and their masters are not us.
        I wish we would always keep it in the forefront, but alas, we sometimes get so dissed, we forget.

• mimbler says:

Yes, despite the onslaught of 24/7 criticism, PDJT’s obvious integrity and love of country are just too obvious for the mud to stick.
      Plus, the fact he is already making concrete progress in MAGA, and the media just appears to be petulant children

My wife was on a trip with one of her low-info life long democrat friends yesterday, and was delighted to hear her friend say that she thought the latest Don Jr. Russia obsession was just a smear attack.

I think the media has worn out the Russia attack after 7 months of breathless nothing burgers,
      Mike

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

I love these anecdotal reports, Nice! This and the info from TrumpsBamaGirl on the last page really makes my spirits soar.

What you said is right, Mike — Trump is simply too “well-branded” and well-known to be smear-able.

People might not like Trump, but they know he loves the USA and he is basically a good guy, even if he is “true New York city” in attitude and a bit coarse at times.

People have always loved Trump. People of all backgrounds. It’s hard to make that go away with fake Russia, sexist, racist smears.

• fleporeblog says:

MAG they are DEAD and the best part is they still don’t know it! I decided to write a comment in the NYT’s article linked below. I got a response from a moron in Seattle that made me laugh because they truly live in a bubble!

I wrote the following:

The President’s APPROVAL percentage in Ohio is 13 percent HIGHER than his disapproval percentage based on PPD’s most recent poll conducted during the first week of July. What is so exciting about the President’s approval percentage in this poll is that the margin widened by 3% points from their earlier poll in May.

The PPD Poll was the most accurate poll in calling FL, OH, MI and PA before the election for DJT!

From the article linked above:

53% Approve versus 43% Disapprove in Ohio (DJT won the state by 8.1)

From the article linked above:

President Trump still remains popular in Ohio. Fifty-four percent (54%) of likely voters in Ohio approve of the job President Trump is doing, while just 41% disapprove.

I got the following reply:

Ohio can believe in the tooth fairy if it so desires, but regardless, there isn’t one, nor is Trump seen by most Americans to be doing the job.

Because he isn’t.

If he appeared on “The Apprentice,” he’d be fired as a failure, an incompetent, not even a pretty face, and unqualified.
      * 36% of Americans approve of him down from 42% in April
      * 48% of Americans disapprove of him, as bad as GW in his 2nd term
      * 48% of Americans see the nation as weaker since Trump took over
      * 30% of Americans say they trust Trump in negotiations with other nations
      * 60% of Americans say Russia interfered with elections, up from 56% in April
      * 60% of Americans believe Donald Jr’s Russia meeting was wrong
      * 52% of Americans believe Trump tried to interfere with the Russia investigations
      * 43% of Americans believe he’s an effective economy influence
      * 43% of Americans approve of his performance, lower than Obama’s & GW’s 59%
      * 50% of Americans believe he’s doing worse than most presidents
      * 55% of Americans believe he’s not making significant progress toward his goals
      * 50% of Americans support Affordable Care to 25% opposed to it, 25% undecided
      * 59% of Republicans polled oppose their party’s health “plan”
      * 63% of Americans favor funding health care over cutting taxes
      Washington Post-ABC poll, July 10-13, a random national sample of 1,001 adults reached on cellular and landline phones, margin of sampling error for overall results, plus/minus 3.5%

• kenmar1965 says:

Did this guy pull those numbers out of his a..?

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Great stuff, Flep. Thanks for the hard work!

• dekester says:

Cheers Flep.

Stay in their faces, it is the only way.

I need to be a little more careful though, as I feel my old tendencies coming to the fore.

A little dust up was kinda fun, it is nice to challenge their lunacy with facts.

However administering a swift kick in the B**ls is more satisfying, and tends to be remembered by the receiver of said kick, for a bit longer.

God bless PDJT.

• oldschool64 says:

I was so shocked(I know, silly huh) by your assertion of a D+12 that I looked it up. It usually takes forever to dig into the methodology to find the numbers but ABC had the guts to put it right in the body of their article, D 35 R 23 I 35. I bet they cherry picked the hell out of the Indies too!

Thanks for the info MAG. Any news organization that sites this poll is 100% pure FAKE NEWS, AND AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!!

That means you FOX, Drudge, Breitbart, and anyone else!

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Yep. Any poll that shows ObamaCare at 50% approval (think that the case here) is a joke.

• Troublemaker10 says:

35D + 23R + 35I is on 93%. What were the other 7% ?
        Maybe they interviewed 7% Antifa or something. Lol. 😀

On a serious note….is that normal for the the D, R, and I percentage not to equal 100%? I’m not sure I’ve ever noticed that before. And 7% is a substantial number in the polling world.

• Bill Gavila says:

Have you seen “Risitas” on you tube? It is satire in terms of the “Hitler finds out that Chuck Norris is coming” etc videos. See the ones about the elections… a riot!!! And that guy’s laugh!

• Tegan says:

And I would bet a lot of money that everyone one of the 16 he beat in the primaries are thrilled it’s not them (or family) facing that relentless assault. And if anyone of them think it would have been different…they are dreaming.

• The polls don’t reflect the reality seen in the results of the recent special elections. If PDJT was doing that poorly then there is no way that Repubs would have won all of them. Remember the enemedia portrayed each one as a referendum on PDJT up until they lost? I don’t believe any polls anymore. They are all propaganda.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

So right, another. The elections are the polls.

• TPW says:

So what I would like to know is how does an approval rating of 38-40% jive with him taking down the “Blue” wall….

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

The number is fake, and it (whatever the number actually is) is the result of a 9-month smear campaign.

This is the gaslighting aspect — pretending the number came from nowhere or is not attached to the PR campaign (via Russia) that’s been waged against Trump.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Also, there is no blue wall. Republicans control all three elected branches of government, as well as SCOTUS (at least nominally).

6. Media cutting off Jey!

7. psadie says:

How many people have to commit “suicide” before something is done about the “B?” Bodies stacking up.

8. jupitercomm says:

9. Certain radio commentators (Brian Kilmeade is citing them) are recommending that All Trump Team people release All Russian Contact Info. Since I have two Trump T-shirts and a Trump hat, I consider myself part of the Trump Team. I now officially report All my Russian Contacts over the past year:

1. Talked to four Russian motel housekeepers when they came to replace towels, etc. in my room. Some of them taught me some Russian words. They smiled a lot.

2. Have listened to a Russian radio program on a community-supported station – so far to the left you can’t listen to it the rest of the week – almost every Sunday since the program began. Program content included a recipe for Halupkes, a childhood favorite of mine, one or two Russian lessons, some Russian news, which I recognized because the male reader mentioned “Croatia” and a couple of other names I recognized.

3. On a classical radio station, I have heard symphonies by Russian composers. Also, I have attended several astounding Russian operas in the past two years at MetOpera Live in HD, and observed several interviews of the Russian opera singers, both male and female, during intermissions, including the beloved and handsome baritone, Dmitri Aleksandrovich Hvorostovsky .

4. I reserve the right to add to this list without undergoing media penalty or hysteria, if I have forgotten any other Contacts I may have had at this time.

• In the interest of full disclosure I as a Trump Team member based on daily posting to social media and commenting on news articles disclose the following:

My husband has a friend who is a socialist married to a Russian Internet bride and I had discussions with her to help her assimilate. I also admit that we persuaded both of them to vote for Trump.

• Brant says:

I read Pravda when I was in college. (Mid/late 80s era). Very voluntary and it was at a military school. I found it fascinating. Of course, my reading that 30 years ago absolutely caused me to vote for Trump last year…….:-)

• Remington says:

The truth will make you free..I voted for PDJT….I saw the Hunt For Red October – and enjoyed it

• Publius Covfefe says:

My grad school girlfriend was Russian, Caucasus region and was a doctor and very beautiful. She is working in Europe, now. Again, I guess I am guilty of a Russian conspiracy. Man she was fine . .

• Brant says:

Note 1 you said “they smiled alot”. You misogynistic cur. 🙂

• RedBallExpress says:

I voted for Trump and my neighbor’s good looking wife is from Russia.

• Guyver1 says:

Good one!
      Hey, according to the Libs, if you live on the same planet as the Russians (with the exception of libs, of course), you are a Russian agent!!!
      I am guilty!
      If the libs ever hack my computer, they will find all the evidence they need (eyeroll)-some music files by Russian classical music composers… I am guilty!
      And my college records (which unlike Obama, I am not afraid to show) prove that I took two semesters of basic Russian… I am guilty!
      And I speak to a fellow employee who is 100% American- but he has Russian ancestors, I guess that makes him my contact with the Kremlin (facepalm)- I am guilty!
      And I watched Boris and Natasha on the Bullwinkle show- I am guilty!
      And to quote you, InvestingforOne- ” I reserve the right to add to this list without undergoing media penalty or hysteria, if I have forgotten any other Contacts I may have had at this time.”
      This is exactly how I needle the libs at work. They are crazy to begin with, and when I hit them with my ‘Russian contacts’, they start running around in circles. I then point at their ‘safe space’ (the employee’s cafeteria) and say “Go!!!”. 🙂

• 4sure says:

Well, I know this is going to get me in hot water w/Mueller and rosie, but I have russian salad dressing on my salads at least 4 times outta 5. And I did turn my family into russian salad dressing agents by getting them to buy me bottles of the dressing for my birthday. And to be even worse, we all voted for trump.

• Mr. Morris says:

We love eating hot corned beef sandwiches on rye with cold slaw and Russian Dressing. We also have met some nice Russian people.
        We have not had contact with Russian Mobsters and do not have a foundation that collects gazillions of dollars from Russians.
        We have not hired the Russian translator that worked for Hillary and John Kerry at the State Department.
        We have never issued special Visas to Russian Lobbyists nor have we sold 20 per cent of U.S. Uranium reserves to a Russian Government cut out.
        We have not revoked grazing privileges from American Ranchers because the land underneath contains uranium.
        We really like Donald Trump because he wants to Make America Great Again and will not sell our country’s assets or people out for financial gain.

• nonniemae says:

I have taken our children several times to see The Nutcracker performed by a traveling Russian Ballet troupe. I have met a Russian neighbor four blocks down when I stopped to complement her very beautiful yard as she was working in said yard. My very favorite record played by my kindergarten teacher in ’64/’65 was Peter and the Wolf. In 1978-79, my boss was a first generation American whose parents immigrated legally from Russia.

• Sandra-VA says:

I once worked with a young lady who studied in Moscow… and just to be fair, I once hired a young lady from Ukraine. I must also confess to reading articles and watching videos at RT. Oh, and I regularly watch documentaries about Russia.

It is also possible that I might have been in various places around the world where there might have been Russians in the vicinity (unbeknownst to me).

• Tegan says:

Lordy, Lordy I just remembered that my first cousin went to Russia on an agricultural exchange tour. He eventually returned to marry his tour guide and they had a Successful orchard business. Now, a few years back he died on what was thought cancer, but his Rusian wife undoubtedly poisoned him…slowly, very slowly, for over 40 years so she could fulfill her mission. Where do I report my cousin by marriage connection?

• jupitercomm says:

At least half my heritage is Slavic (probably more – most the ‘Germans’ were Poles) but I dig Slavic people. Used to party w/ this one Russian girl in high school & I was hooked. She was totally honest, brutal, but not malicious. Of a friend she said “He’s disgusting I would never sleep w/ him but he has nice car so I let him think” They’re a different kinda girl. Their idea of flirting is to insult you or straight up get aggressive. But it’s playful. All my experiences w/ Slavic people have been great.

• Cheezus says:

I got setup flying from Houston to San Jose. A very attractive woman spoke with me through the flight. As we arrived at San Jose, she informed me she is a Russian with dual citizenship. It ain’t no neva mind though cause a conservative will never get elected here in little berkeley…aka Santa Cruz, CA

• Trialbytruth says:

Someone posted back in the ussr on the web. And I listened to it.

• coldwarrior says:

i am am married to a russian. and i voted for trump, she sent him MONEY during the primaries and general elections! obviously, this loot came from nefarious sources!

i await my handcuffs.

10. Brant says:

Just saw on ZH the Haitian official who outed the Clintons “charity” AND was scheduled to testify at Senate on Tuesday is dead in Miami (head shot). Wow.

11. Martin says:

12. Alexsandra says:

So while all the other hullabaloo is going on, POTUS is continuing to persist with all the things he promised, this being one that I saw covered nowhere else.

• Brant says:

Methinks part of the plan. He does diversions while they work uninterrupted. Some months from now when it’s out and things going well contrary to the sky is falling crowd, “that’s old news. we did that months ago.”

The good thing is, he doesn’t care about getting any credit (for the important stuff) he just wants the stuff done. The bright shiny objects he tweets out that the opposition says is narcissism, is covering smoke for the real work.

• India Maria says:

Yup. Notice Dr. Carson did a detailed HUD audit, showing $500 Billion unaccounted for. Nary a peep. He is traveling to every ghetto in the country literally changing the entire nature of HUD, and no one is hassling him while he does it. Multiply this by many, and you have complete NATIONAL TRANSFORMATION, unencumbered by Press distractions.

• fred2w says:

You’re not alone in your assessment. Weeks ago, a Treeper posted an article on how President Trump and Steve Bannon were using muh Russia as part off the Cheese Maze strategy to distract the press and Left from real America First work they’d oppose.

• youme says:

No Thug Left Behind
      Obsessed with “racial equity,” St. Paul schools abandoned discipline—and unleashed mayhem.
      In the Obama years, America’s public education system embarked on a vast social experiment that threatened to turn schools into educational free-fire zones. The campaign—carried out in the name of “racial equity”—sought to reduce dramatically the suspension rate of black students, who get referred for discipline at much higher rates than other students. From the top down, the U.S. Department of Education drove the effort; from the bottom up, local educational bureaucrats have supported and implemented it.

• youme says:

In New Jersey everyone graduates high even though they fail the mandatory exit test

Public education is a disgrace.

• youme says:

Let’s not leave out California

The state of California is poised to award thousands of high school degrees to dropouts by passing a new law retroactively removing the requirement to pass a high school exit exam.

The California High School Exit Exam (CASHEE) was created in 2004, and is intended to make sure that students have a rudimentary grasp of English and mathematics before being awarded a high school diploma, and to counter the phenomenon of students receiving passing grades while learning almost nothing. The test is hardly complex. The math test, for instance, only covers 8th grade-level material and can be passed if students answer 55 percent of questions correctly. About 80 percent of California high schoolers take and pass it on their first try while in the 10th grade, and overall passage rates for the class of 2014 were above 97 percent.

But now, a bill passed Thursday by the California legislature, which Gov. Jerry Brown is expected to sign, suspends the exam through 2018, while also retroactively suspending it back to 2004. That means thousands of students who failed to ever pass the exam but otherwise completed all other requirements will now be able to receive diplomas.

• jonvil says:

Sounds like those graduating in New Jersey also have a big drug problem…

• 4sure says:

This has been going on for at least 20 yrs. My wife taught school and retired after 30 yrs. She told me about this during her last 10 yrs, and she has been retired for 15 yrs. And it was in a school district in the south. Albeit, a very liberal city in the south. Schools went to crap after this was implemented.

• Wiggyky says:

These schools, in CA and NJ (and I am sure others) are the best argument AGAINST local school choice that President Trump has proposed. Neither Trump or any of his children had to go to 15 different schools in 4 or 5 different States. If they had, President Trump would be ashamed of proposing local control. It may be great for those who live in one town all their life, but these days people travel, move around, and the kids get dumped into whatever school is there.

I know, I LIVED it.

• Tegan says:

Not sure I agree…I would NOT want my children’s text books or lesson plans determined by a faceless, nameless group in Chicago, Boston or NYC. At least at the local level you can face the school board or principal, you can for for a position on the school board and you can have some degree of control about many issues.

• Wiggyky says:

Yes but in spite of you they can choose communist material, or revised history material. You vote them out and replace with like minded people. If you move your child from, say, Fla to CA, would you not expect the same standard of education? You won’t get it because you will be the victim of their local school board elected by their majority, not you. Now what?

• That difference in the quality of education in different towns is well know and in fact the price of your house reflects the quality of the public schools in your neighborhood. What magic formula are you proposing that would eliminate those differences? Money doesn’t work. Millions have been thrown at the schools in Newark for example with no improvement. Charter schools in DC & other communities have had better success. The most private schools are cheaper than what is paid to “educate” children in Newark (22k/pupil/year).
              People with young children consider schools when choosing a community. If school choice happens they will have a wider range of choices and can find a catholic school, a Montessori school, a charter school if the public school is not well rated. How could that be wrong?

• booger71 says:

When I saw what my local school was teaching and doing before I registered my oldest in school, I informed the school my wife and I would home school. That was 1988. I wish I would have had the choice to pull my school taxes out and use them for the curriculum we had to buy, and yes 2 working parents can home school.

• Trialbytruth says:

If you and others are “victims” of your local school board recall them.

By any chance are you a textbook publisher?

• I have to disagree. I believe the opposite. People need to be empowered to be able to leave the failing schools. That’s what school choice is and it is essential. When the exodus begins the schools will panic and begin to wise up. That is how they are held accountable, at the local level.

• Wiggyky says:

Obviously you have not been a victim of it. I have.

• I’m sorry. I don’t agree. You think that if some central authority mandated exactly what was covered in every school at every grade level you could move from school to school and have no disruption. I think that is a horrible idea because everything that we have seen mandated by a central authority has failed miserably.

America has 50 laboratories called States and people can move between them freely to seek the best environment for themselves. America is based on individual freedoms. Communities and families deserve the freedom to chose the standards of the schools and the material introduced and age appropriateness. Parents deserve the right to chose a school that is more academic or more oriented towards the arts if those schools are available. They deserve to starve the bad schools & teachers by moving on.

One size does not fit all and the best way to come up with solutions that work is to introduce competition. Government mandated solutions are the problems not the solutions. I’m sorry that you had to move so often growing up. It is very difficult to deal with constantly changing expectations and environments but the school system needs to meet the needs of all children and the best way for that to happen is to give the parents the option to select the school they believe suits their child best.

• Wiggyky says:

When you live it then come talk to me. Come to my town, one school. Vote out the School board you may say? Sure, they all grew up together and take care of one another and keep reelecting them so your vote won’t do squat. Now what?

It all sounds great in theory, people can pontificate what THEY think, but reality then bites you. Now what?

• Wiggyky says:

Let me add, if your child goes to several different schools, (remember smaller towns are different than big cities with big choices) each with their own local requirements, and your child gets behind a grade or two or three will you still love school choice? Remember one person will not change a school board in spite of one’s ego who think they can.

• But that is the point. With school choice you could go to a private school and let them hang together without you. If you live in a remote district or small isolated town with no other choices that is one of the disadvantages. No bureaucrat in DC is going to make the school experience in Peoria any better.

• PS. Sorry you see it as pontificating. I see it as trying to find the best solution for all of the children in the USA, one that allows each child to reach their potential. Gv’t has failed miserably and no more children deserve to be lost to a school monopoly run by liberal ideologues and controlled by special interests.

• piper567 says:

I love it…when the exodus begins, the schools…will begin to wise up.
            THIS on a site which routinely states that these Dems (read Alinsky communists) will never learn.

• Money talks…when they get fired..when the school per capita payments go down, they will learn.

• Wiggyky says:

If this is true then why haven’t all the so called expert parents not do so before now? Schools are in a mess because only a few parents care and the rest just vote for their good friends.

• Obama closed the school programs in DC because they were too successful. Charter schools have been very successful especially in inner cities. The reason why “expert” parent have not been able to use them more is because unless there is a school choice program the parents pay taxes for their public school and then need to pay tuition at a private or charter school. That is out of reach for many and is very unfair. That is the kind of discrimination I hate, the kind that closes the door on children whose parents can’t afford that second tuition, and keeps those kids in the failing pubic schools while other kids are able to get a better education. So you pay school property tax and get nothing worth having in many cases.

• Deb says:

I’m a former teacher. Unions are against school choice, it threatens teachers jobs. If a failing school loses enrollement, they lose money. Then salaries stagnate and jobs are threatened. Conservatives believe this will cause them to improve. To a certain extent, but what really has to happen is the buerocrats need to be on the chopping block as well.

Dems are against school choice because they get millions of dollars from teacher’s unions.

I lived in a small town that had one public school and one Catholic school. The competition did make both schools better, they had to innovate and improve to survive. And even though they competed, they were able to actually foster a working relationship of sorts where services for special Ed and Title 1 were available at the private school provided by the public school. I worked at the small private school, it was a great place. Thanks to wealthy donors, we were able to offer full scholarships to those who might need it, so we had a very diverse social-economic and It was wonderful to see. We had enough people defect to our school over academic issues with the public school that they actually came to us for curriculum advice.

It can be done, it just takes people willing to work with others, even people we disagree with and/or are difficult.

• piper567 says:

Deb…thanks for posting your little story.
                  Its very encouraging.

• dilonsfo says:

These schools are paid per student. When a student leaves a school the money will go with him/her to the next school of choice. This will provide an incentive for schools to perform or lose out on the cash. Right now, when you have no choice…the school administrator do whatever they want with no consequences.

• G. Combs says:

“I know, I LIVED it.”

Yeah?

Well so did I!
          I had 40 different addresses by the time I was 21. However my parents were very careful to pick the best school system they could and ALSO schooled me at home. That is why I can read and write despite being a victim of the ‘See and Say’, The John Dewey Method of keeping kids from learning to read so they would turn into good little socialists.

Dumbing Down America

The Look – Say Method
          “[…]The progressives were a peculiar bunch. They were members of the Protestant academic elite who no longer believed in the religion of their fathers. They put their new utopian faith in science, evolution, and psychology. Science explained the physical world, evolution explained the origin of living matter (the first living entity crawled out of the primal ooze), and psychology permitted the scientific study of human nature and suggested ways of controlling the behavior of human beings.

In 1898, their leader, John Dewey, hatched a long-range plan for the socialists to take over America for its own good. The plan was to use the public schools of the nation to train American children to adopt the precepts of future utopian living. The key to the program was in primary education, where children were taught the three Rs. In an essay entitled “The Primary-Education Fetish,” Dewey launched an attack on the traditional 3 Rs, which he claimed perpetuated the abhorrent capitalistic, individualistic system. The only way to utopia was the destruction of that system and its replacement by a new enlightened form of instruction.

The key to the progressive curriculum would be a new way of teaching reading: a sight method that teaches children to read English as if it were an ideographic system such as Chinese. The method had been used before experimentally in the primary schools of Boston in the 1830s and ‘40s and proved to be a disaster. But that’s what Dewey and his progressive colleagues wanted. By 1933, the new look-say program, “Dick and Jane,” was ready for the public schools.[…]”

<b.THAT is what Trump is fighting!

13. CheeseHead says:

In response to the ABC/WaPo poll…

14. Zennalou says:

Can anyone explain this….

Even if Russia interfered in our election, why all the concern?

We have between 11 and 45 million illegal border invaders living in our country, many are voting, murdering, raping, identity theft, and creating havoc, all with approval of the media, the left, and the Rhino’s.
    We have The PRESIDENT of the US obama encouraging the illegals to vote.

Why have we had 7 months of Russia, and not one word about this other item?

15. R-C says:

This is worth a listen. I came across it just now, it’s dated July 15th.

• Sayit2016 says:

I think this is an an important video……He is an intelligent man in my opinion and not an ideologue. He knows what it is right.Party be damned…

• Brant says:

Wow. I hope he has friends and followers in his social circle who see him as a long time straight shooter (from their perspective) and will hear him out now and going forward. Perhaps a portal/worm hole to the other dimension that is greatly needed. Preaching to the choir is comfortable, but a link to others and preferably one of theirs who has ventured out will do the job. None of us could talk to his crowd and none of them would listen.

• Thanks for sharing. This is really good.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Classic liberals. Gotta love ’em. They put Trump into the end zone, and if not for the media’s disinformation, they would have given Trump 50 states.

During the primaries, people asked me what my ultimate reason for supporting Trump was, and I told them – he’s antiwar. Trump retained the best parts of classic liberalism as he mellowed into a kind of non-doctrinaire Tea Party conservatism. I totally get that.

If you want to see this viewpoint regularly, or at least something close, Justin Raimondo (antiwar.com) has articulated it for years. He’s a very important Twitter follow, IMO. Strong Trump supporter, and his opinion is like mothballs against UniParty warmongering tendencies.

• tuskyou says:

Great video with an excellent point about the media using a quote from Malcolm X:
      “If you’re not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

• Dixie says:

I’ve never considered myself a visionary nor anything close to it; however, on June 15, 2015, I leapt tall buildings full of the negativity that this young man refers to and promptly grabbed the gold ring of Donald Trump because I saw and felt all the positive things this young man expresses about him.

I didn’t have to go through all the twists and turns others have gone through to reach the same spot I’m in now. Those who can’t see it are missing out on their future if they are youthful enough.

Wish it had been a millionaire game and I was already standing on the winner spot when the game started…….I’d be a superwoman millionaire!

MAGA!

• Raven says:

I was with you on that day Dixie, and although we are not financial millionaires today, I’m pretty sure you feel like me — we gained much more than millions of dollars on the day Donald Trump became our President.

Maybe we were visionaries!

• Troublemaker10 says:

Wow! That is one of the best videos I’ve seen since Trump was elected. I’m sharing this one. Thanks for finding it.

• M. Mueller says:

That young man is impressive. We need more of him.

16. WhichWayWesternMan says:

Somebody tried to tell me yesterday Israel was on board with the ceasefire in Southern Syria negotiated by Trump:

I think it might be time for a little call to Tel-Aviv to make it known when the big boys are talking (Russia and America), the little boys pipe down.

17. WeThePeople2016 says:

I think this condition on McCain is more serious than they are saying. According to the Mayo Clinic who did the surgery, it takes months to recover and you may never fully recover. If that’s the case, McCain needs to resign so the GOP Gov. of AZ can appoint a replacement according to state law. There is too much at stake for the country to wait for him to recover. Someone posted above Dr. Milton Wolf sounding the alarm that this is serious. Go read his Twitter account.

Here is the Mayo Clinic – please read and share your thoughts:

• Sylvia Avery says:

I just heard a bit on TV about this. When I first heard of McCain’s surgery, I was envisioning (although I had never heard of such a thing) a blood clot above his eye as in just under the skin and wondered if he had fallen or something.

But now I find out they had to cut through his eyebrow and go through the skull.

McCain has looked ill and sounded spaced out for months, like he had gotten into Nancy Pelosi’s crazy pills or something. I agree with WethePeople this dude needs to stand down for the good for the country.

• Dixie says:

It’s ridiculous to hold up even questionable progress in congress for the return of this man who as you suggest, should stand down.

When I heard that McConnell was going to delay in order to wait for McCain to return, I thought, “I didn’t just hear what I thought I heard, did I? That couldn’t be true, could it?”

McConnell is another fruitcake that ought to go get his own medical exam to see what’s going on in his head.

18. Speaking of medical matters, Brant, I just checked on US Repr Steve Scalise. Treepers’ fears about his care at that hospital were very well grounded:

From the article: “Medstar Washington Hospital Center [is one of 34 level 1 trauma centers. Most of those] trauma centers across the U.S. get A grades for safety from the Leapfrog Group and they include hospitals in Boston, Philadelphia, Cleveland and Providence, R.I. Washington Hospital Center gets a D.

19. CaliVet says:

The DOJ needs to take a serious look at this Chinese interference.
    China’s Shift Towards California’s Gold Mountain

20. sgtrok13 says:

This is what Alex Jones’ rants would sound like as a Bon Iver song.
    Much better voice than his normal one. 😂

21. wolfmoon1776 says:

Why am I putting this in the “Trump” thread? Because Trump the Business Titan gets this, while the Tech Titans don’t! Learn from Trump, people! If you’re not seeing, admitting and telling uncomfortable truths, you have no business working on AI. Until you see the strict generality which includes genetic engineering and AI, and bothers you because of its religious overtones, you are a danger to humanity. There is no way to run from Truth and not pay for it – or make us pay for it!

Archived to prevent human lies: https://archive.fo/32Py3

22. jeans2nd says:

Ben Rhodes wants a debate with Dr. Sebastian Gorka. Oh yes, please.

23. blognificentbee says:

24. Sayit2016 says:

Now that we know Kid Rock is running…. see this interview…..he will win. Full disclosure I have been a fan for years- much to my Father’s chagrin…. Which of course was the point. ; )
    Dad: Why do you like this music?
    Me: Because you don’t
    Dad: Go to your room
    Me. Dad, I AM in my room.

• freemilo says:

I was just a twelve-year-old middle school kid when Batwitdaba came out and I remember EVERYONE singing it. He was good stuff then and even better now. I knew there was a reason I liked him (:

Hopefully he has loads of success in the political world!

25. fedback says:

Roger wins record 8th Wimbledon. 19th Grand Slam title
    The Maestro turns 36 next month

My username Fedback= Federer’s backhand

Looking forward to seeing the President at the U.S Women’s Open

• Martin says:

The GOAT (Greatest of All Time), Roger Federer. His improved backhand (especially against Rafael Nadal now) along with his new bigger racket has rejuvenated his game.

• bookman says:

Roger is the greatest I have ever seen.The next best? Rafa Nadal. He is so dominant on clay that RF chose not to play at this year’s French Open. Remember, too, that Nadal has won Wimbledon twice, Australian Open once and has won the US Open twice.

26. rashamon says:

Charles Ortel formerly worked at Dillon Reed before he set up his own company, which made him quire knowledgeable about analyzing firms before investing. He was the person responsible for publicizing GE’s very questionable accounting practices. Last year he started looking into the legalities of The Clinton Foundation and its multiple spin-offs only to find all of them lacking in just about every technicality required by law; i.e. fraudulent.

With the death of Peter Smith, another independent investor who questioned the Clintons’ method of raising and spending money since Bill hired Arkansas troopers to protect him during his many indiscretions, Ortel has exposed the conversations he had with Smith only hours before his death.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Ortel probably figured the scheme/ scam out years ago, if he’s a Dillon Reed alumni.
      Google “Katherine Austin Fitts: Dillon Reed and the Aristocracy of Stock Profits”.
      Long read, well worth it. Outlined the globalist’s money stream/ narco dollars over
      a decade ago. Katherine Austin Fitts is also a Wharton alumni, Trump’s alma mater.

• Donna in Oregon says:

OANN (One America News) had a segment about this Clinton investigator and one more dying…….Then mentioned Seth Rich.

Whatever Clinton did, it’s huge. So many dead people.

• lastinillinois says:

That would explain why Bill is still with her, after helping raise somebody else’s kid.

Bill is terrified to leave her!

27. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Here are the five Jay Sekulow media interviews today (he was the primary Trump spokesman, it seems, for the “Don Jr/Russia” story on the Sunday shows).

Order of networks ———-> FOX, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS (I believe)

I watched the Wallace interview. Hilarious how they tried to do “gotcha” at the end of the interview with Sekulow.

I began to watch the CNN interview and just couldn’t do it. Tapper is so bad I just can’t watch him.

Going to start watching the NBC interview now.

The theme of the day, more so than Russia, seems to be the new Fake ABC/WaPo poll. As someone said above, this was put out to tried to hurt the health care push. Without the knowledge that the push would be delayed because of McCain’s health concern.

Don Jr story seems about done. Nothing illegal, doesn’t matter if it’s supposedly “immoral” (as is meeting with Ukraine on oppo research, or getting leaked debate questions). There is nothing more here, it seems, and so the story should die fairly soon.

The only element of the story that seems “unresolved” at the moment is that there appear to be two currently unnamed people who were in the meeting (translator and someone else).

Also of note, and you can’t make this up —-> Comey got a book deal, and he’s going to write a book and talk more about his conversations with the president. LOL!

28. mimbler says:

Comey’s “book deal” is just the typical money laundering payoff for services rendered,

29. Dora says:

30. keebler AC ovfefe says:

31. kathyca says:

Dropping this here to follow-up on my comments about Americans’ obsession with healthcare and the ridiculous amounts some are willing to pay for insurance. Most healthcare providers provide a cash price for services that is hundreds or thousands of $$ less than the fake insurance prices. Here’s an example of the wide range of things you can pay for yourself, in cash. Check out the CT scans and similar, in particular.

• rashamon says:

Thanks, kathyca. This is the way our healthcare system should operate vs. the Surprise! one gets because the systems has gotten so used to “someone else paying the bill” — because we have had mostly employer-sponsored insurance programs since WWII, then expanded by the Great Society: Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, VA, etc.

Competition for those consumer dollars will flatten healthcare pricing in no time. Publishing their prices should be mandatory for a provider to hold a license to practice.

• That’s what we do kathyca… Check out Surgery Center of Oklahoma too. Great place for saving thousands on over 70 different surgeries.

• rashamon says:

I tuned a neighbor into OSC pricing. She presented their figures at her local provider and they met the same figures. That says it all — competition. Many other providers are now following suit. Prices on-line.

32. Sylvia Avery says:

So what are America’s favorite charming IT rascals up to now? A new article about them in the Daily Caller. Mostly a recap with a little elaboration about the whole life insurance scam perpetrated on the step mom. FTA:

“However, members of Congress have not treated the situation as a potential security breach, instead saying that they trust Imran and do not think he would sell their data or use it for nefarious purposes like blackmail.”

33. sunnydaze says:

Oh man, Kid Rock BETTER run for Mi. Senate. Between this song and that Freedom song, the Dems are absolutely gonna freak out and I want a front row seat for this one.

34. jeans2nd says:

Pakistan’s army spokesman Major-General Asif Ghafoor told reporters 16 Jul 2017 of Pakistan’s new anti-IS military operation near Afghan border.

“General Ghafoor said the military informed its Afghan counterparts and the NATO-led Resolute Support mission in advance about launching of Sunday’s operation so they could enhance deployment on their side to prevent fleeing terrorists from entering Afghanistan.”

Plus – a wall. “…fencing the entire 2,600-kilometer border with Afghanistan and construction of outposts as well as forts is underway to effectively guard the largely porous frontier against terrorist infiltration.”

Where is that pic of suspicious cat?

35. youme says:

36. Martin says:

37. youme says:

Phil Donahue: Trump era ‘darkest political moment’ in history:

Former talk-show host Phil Donahue on Saturday reflected on President Trump’s administration, calling it “the darkest political moment in American history.”

“This is the darkest political moment in American history,” Donahue said on MSNBC’s “AM Joy” Saturday. “Who’s going to argue that?”

38. snaggletooths says:

The Kid Rock foundation
    seems to me Kid Rock has done more for groups/folks that need help then Fauxahontus has ever done

39. youme says:

Trey Gawdy is calling the shots, so this is not going anywhere

DeSantis: House Intel Committee Has Brought in Some ‘Big Names’ to Answer Questions About Leaks

• mimbler says:

Yep, even if it weren’t Gowdy; if it is a congressional investigation, nothing happens. They just have those for one of two reasons:
      1) to slander political rivals, or
      2) to pretend to investigate rather than actually prosecute. I.e. use as a cover-up,
      Mike

40. rashamon says:

The “Better Care Reconciliation Act if 2017” inspires the use of opiods or liquor. Another unreadable document requiring a battalion of lawyers to interpret and a gazillioin ways for someone to interfere with your lifestyle, healthcare and future. Read it, then tell me how this makes my life simpler at less cost. Our morons in Congress really think we share their brains.

41. hugofitch1 says:

And yet another clueless company hellbent on alienating at least half its customer base:

Apologies if already posted!

42. rashamon says:

Another lengthy, but worthy interview, this time with Cynthia McKinney, former senator from Atlanta when she embarrassed Don Rumsfield about politics, 9/11 and cost of waging of war in the Middle East. Now teaching in Bangledesh, she has become more activist than ever, questioning the value of politics as a “blood sport” teeming with corruption and disregard for the citizens supposedly represented. She again asks all the questions that were asked before and never answered. Have fun!

43. Troublemaker10 says:

OMG, so funny! Scott Adam’s can’t stop laughing at the Dems fear of Kid Rock. He is laughing so hard that it brings him to tears, literally.

44. rumpole2 says:

Muh Russians, Muh Russians, Muh Russians…….Collusion, collusion, collusion…….

There is NONE and so we have the ludicrous new term “Attempted Collusion” LOL

Yesterday I even heard…

“Unconsummated Collusion”

• BakoCarl says:

Well . . . I guess they really didn’t collude . . . and it looks like they didn’t even make a good attempt to collude . . . but we know they were thinking about it. Hang ’em.

• K2P2 Ribbing says:

“I did not have collusion with that Russian!!”

Or something like that since they’re using sexual innuendos to describe it now.

45. Dora says:

Hey @ivankatrump

A post shared by MELANIA TRUMP (@melaniatrump.official) on

46. Dora says:

47. Bull Durham says:

48. roxiellTX says:

Listening to Aaron Klein on Tunein on ROKU AM 970. He is going to be talking about the Russian scheme Bill and Hill

49. Donna in Oregon says:

Some talking head was quoted in Breitbart saying: “we are in the midst of a cold civil war in this country, a political and cultural civil war.”

Hey, they’re catching on to Cold Anger!

I didn’t realize when I read all of Sundance’s writings on Cold Anger that it would drive the Lefties out of their minds. I’ve grown to really like Cold Anger, it is working. Yeah!

50. ALEX says:

Exactly who is the FOX news target audience now…I you add MSNBC and CNN together they easily beat Faux in the ratings every night…Is it JEB types…Data says average age of FOX viewer is 68 and the adult diaper,catheter and Viagra commercials are non-stop….Just wondering..I won’t go back and I would rather cut my leg off then watch Baier,Roberts,Krauthammer,Hayes,the Five etc…..

It’s a bizarre situation in the age of Trump…There are tens of millions looking for something the crap on FOX isn’t even coming close to producing…I don’t know anyone who watches anymore and these folks watched from beginning…..

• Bull Durham says:

Look at the commercials. Older age group using all those Pharma products, the Reverse Mortgage crowd is over 62, etc. And people with money (conservatives) who donate to lots of charities.

Other cable nets hunt younger audiences.