President Trump created a stir amid his political opposition when he was reported to have told French first-lady Brigitte Macron: “you’re in such great shape“.   Apparently, according to the ever-pliable rules of the virtue signaling political left, it is “sexist” to compliment a woman on her physical appearance.

Of course it didn’t take more than a news cycle for yet another corporate entity to jump head-first into the opportunity to attach their own brand-image to anti-Trumpism.  [Adidas is the parent company of Reebok]  The hypocrisy behind this opportunistic marketing endeavor/virtue-signaling is stunning.  Here’s the tweet from Reebok:

(link)

As you can see, Adidas/Reebok have made a political decision.  Virtue signaling your superiority in defining what is/isn’t appropriate is never a good look.

You would think the loss of brand value for companies who previously did this (Macys, Starbucks etc) would be enough to stop any reasonable corporate marketing head with a fiduciary responsibility. Alas, the allure of scoring cheap political points finds another victim.

However, when contrast against the actual marketing image of Reebok, the outcome is even worse.

Reebok is specifically stating that complimenting a woman based on her appearance is “sexist” and “inappropriate”.

Sexism?

Inappropriate?

OK, well let’s check out the latest Reebok commercial (WATCH):

Or how about the print advertising for Reebok:

Oh, these are only the PG-13 versions. There’s full naked female imagery within the European Reebok AD campaign.

Somehow using a woman’s physical shape to create a marketing brand is ok. But pointing out a woman’s physical shape, born out the success of applying that marketing brand approach as an outcome, is… well, “inappropriate”.

Tell a man he’s in great shape and it’s no big deal; no-one would even think twice of it.

Tell a woman she’s in great shape and it’s an immediate crisis.

Yeah. Gender equity. Huh?

Anticipate a diminished brand value to Adidas and Reebok as an outcome.  Financially position yourselves accordingly…

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, France, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Sexism - To Promote Hillary, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

495 Responses to Another Corporation, Reebok (Adidas), Jumps Into Politics – Against President Trump…

1. cyn3wulf says:

Honestly didn’t know Reebok was still a thing…

2. Rex says:

I still mow the grass in some ten year old New Balance cheapos.
    (Waste not, want not, is how I was raised)
    Reckon it’s time for a new pair 😉

• hellinahandbasket says:

Agree Rex – My husband and I have worn ONLY NewBalance for the past 30-years.
      Never realized it was political, I just liked the shoe – now I know why!
      (And I just went online to purchase 2-more pair for each of us –
      – entirely because of Reeeeek-bok)

3. nimrodman says:

There you go again, Sundance.

This article makes so much common-sense, I can only conclude that you’re “mansplaining” again.
    /s

4. Monadnock says:

We used to joke that ADIDAS stood for “All Day I Dream About Sex”….. guess now it’ll be something like “All Day I Dream Alt Stupidity”….. YMMV

5. millwright says:

I don’t recall reading/hearing the context of PDJT’ “sexist” remark . Had the lady in question just breezed up a long flight of stairs in heels without breathing hard ? I know I’d be impressed enough to remark her casual athleticism PC maggots be damned ! But let’s face it, any compliment by our President to any female is going to “misconstrued” by a hate-filled media. My local paper bannered the President as “stealing their thunder” of the WPGA when most of those playing were grateful for his relief from the LSM !

• dave says:

Perhaps it is time to cancel your subscription.

• R-C says:

First, the context of the remark doesn’t matter. President Trump would have been adjudged as “wrong” no matter what he said. One of the things I love about President Trump is that he can ‘trigger’ the leftist wackos without even trying.

And, I second Dave’s comment: it’s time to cancel your subscription to that local paper.

• You HAVE to subscribe to your local paper. Otherwise you will miss all the cool stuff going on in town, the dumb stuff going on at City Hall, fires, police reports, school lunches, religious services, local cinemas (in case there is a movie showing that you are NOT boycotting), grocery store sales, high school and local college sports, and more.

If your paper’s editorial position is as bad as mine, you can write letters to the editor – said letters WILL BE published – or just skip the editorial section.

• Mr Darcy says:

No. You don’t. Do not give money to our enemies. If you can’t keep up with going on in your town without the local rag, then you have a real problem. Don’t they have the internet in your town?

• sunnydaze says:

Different towns are ….different. I’m in a town like Investing.

Certain things never make it to the internet. They go in the local paper…..unfortunately. It’s the only reason I haven’t cancelled outright.

But after the past week of disgusting Headlines, I’m gonna stop for a month or so. Need a break from seeing that crap every AM.

• G. Combs says:

My town newspaper goes into the garden as a barrier to keep the weeds down. I cover 4 sheets with Fresh Horse Manure…. 😉 I am thinking of sending a picture to my newspaper.

(Actually I bake it in the southern sun under a black tarp to kill, weed seeds and stuff first.)

• R-C says:

Have it your way. As for me, I refuse to support idiots–and I don’t miss out on anything.

6. 180daysofkindergarten says:

You’ve got the be shi**ing me? There is no hypocrisy like liberal hypocrisy.
    I’m glad I wore my only adidas shirt for gross gardening work on Friday. Lots of dog slobber. Morons.

7. vfm#7634 says:

Even as one who thinks it’s usually counterproductive to compliment a woman, I say Reebok definitely needs to be punished for its PC virtue-signaling.

8. LM says:

I will never buy another pair. I had already stopped due to their use of toxic materials.

IMHO A brand that values their bottom line over the lives of children is less than worthless.

9. In Az says:

New Balance is the only brand of athletic / tennis shoe my husband can wear….does not hurt his feet, and makes his size and width.

In April I bought a pair of New Balance for my daughter for work, and she is impressed how well the shoes are holding up and comfortable.

My other favorite brand is ECCO. I need to look into the politics of that company.

10. 813.52 says:

Your advertisements that are intended to shame most normal-bodied women into buying your product certainly can’t be helping much.

11. JudgeFudge says:

This is all marketing. Based on the comments here, Reebok isn’t interested in thrifty, practical everyday Americans who put value over chic, but in (mostly) Coastie Urban Liberals who put chic over value. So it makes sense they’d be buttkissing their equally vapid anti-Trump political preferences.

12. Joe says:

I’m a Yuuge Trump fan, don’t get me wrong. A supporter from day one and to this very day. But I gotta say: I wish President Trump would stop making [stupid] mistakes like this. Sure SD is right to point out the double standard [and there certainly IS one]. But we could avoid the battle altogether if PDJT was [just a little?] more polished. Because frankly in today’s world, even I cringed when I heard him say it. Not because it is ‘in itself’ horrible (it’s not). But because I knew how 90% of the world population would PERCEIVE it and the firestorm that would surely follow.

Mr. President, we LOVE you and would vote for you a hundred times again. But, please, THINK for just a half-second before you speak and before you tweet. Thank you, sir.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Let Trump be Trump.

• Joe says:

Yeah, I get that. But we’ve been saying it for more than a year now and it’s just old. “Let Trump be Trump”. On almost every POLICY question, I would agree. But on [obviously] stupid ‘faux pas’ like this? Nope. It’s certainly not the end of the world, but it is a mistake, be honest. You just don’t say something like that to a woman today. You just don’t. Heck, while he was at it, why didn’t he say something like this to Macron: “You know, Manny, I think the French aren’t nearly as arrogant as people say they are”. You have to have some sense of what is appropriate and what is not. What he said to Madame Macron was not.

• dave says:

Paging pajama boy, paging pajama boy, PC call for pajama boy.

• Bendix says:

There wasn’t anything wrong with what he said. Not one thing.
          In fact, he was being SENSITIVE to her feelings and to another culture.
          President Trump is supposed to start tailoring all his remarks to suit the MSM?
          I don’t think so!

• squidward says:

Not every Country is as stupidly PC as we are. Some women actually like being complimented. There was nothing wrong in acknowledging beauty and the hard work involved in maintaining it.

• Yeah, I do like to receive compliments for my looks. I even miss those days when I was young and men did the ooh-la-la whistle when I walked by. At a summer job at a factory as a teenager I sometimes got whistled at when I walked by. It made me feel pretty and appreciated, which was really important to me. I was being bullied at school and called all kinds of names, including nasty comments about my looks. I was a tall, thin, kinda pretty blue-eyed blonde with A cup breasts and at school boys often called me a plank, referring to the size (or lack thereof) of my breasts. It felt good to notice that in the outside world there were men who thought I was pretty and even sexy. It didn’t bother me that the men were my dad’s age, because their reactions gave me hope that one day I’d be able to meet guys my own age who’d find me pretty too. At the factory I was just me and my dad’s daughter (he worked there too) and my status as a school outcast didn’t affect their reactions to me. I felt empowered when I managed to get the whistles just in my regular jeans and T-shirt. I really appreciated the compliments those whistles expressed. I’m sad that current generation of girls and young women are taught to get offended by compliments. They’ll never know how good it can make you feel.

• One of the things I like so much about PDJT is that he doesn’t do “pc speak”. The minute he starts observing the “rules” as defined by the enemedia then he becomes one of them. No thanks. I think it’s great that he’s a “regular” type of guy and he should continue as such.

• mo says:

Joe, I’m guessing you are unwittingly conditioned to PC indoctrination. Regardless, we all have our opinions. I’ll bet M Macron appreciated the compliment. PC is evil. Believe that.

• Alligator Gar says:

If you mean the wife–it’s Mme. M is for the man. And, in France, if you are addressing her, she is never Mrs. Husband’s last name. Civil law allows the woman to always be legally her birth name. An enviable custom.

• sturmudgeon says:

You see not from where DJT comes…. he speaks from his heart… HOW REFRESHING!
          We are tired of people being dishonest when encountering others. I will continue to advise “Let Trump Be Trump”…. I admire him ‘as he is’…

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Agreed. He knows what he is doing here. It was very likely a piece of diplomacy.

President Trump is a shrewd but kindly judge of people. If one thinks about the dynamics of the visit, his comment makes loads of sense in setting the proper tone. Baiting our media into diminishing itself was just a bonus.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Going further, Trump understood the downside completely. That’s his specialty. His weighting of priorities was correct – Macron, Brigitte, France, USA, rest of world. He took a rigorously and completely calculated hit with the (mostly) AMERICAN public to make a better relationship than was otherwise possible with Macron, Brigitte and France.

Smart poker. Lose with the people who already don’t like him. Gain a great relationship with a nation he needs on his side.

• lionslover says:

Ridiculous. You are the one falling and cowering at the feet of the left. When the left freaks like this it means HE DID SOMETHING RIGHT, not wrong. He won because he shoves that PC garbage right back down their throats. So should he stop saying Merry Christmass? NO WAY. Keep going DJT

• Joe says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

• Kristin says:

Joe, your last sentence in your last comments was simply rude. I don’t know where your standards are.

• dilonsfo says:

Funny, you come down on the President and then you make a remark like that. Unbelievable, because you might have been talking to a foreign head of state… Hypocrite.

• Kristin says:

If Joe’s standards were that high that a president could not compliment a woman he would not have any ideas in his head and heart about incest and about the disdain he has for people who live in a trailer park.

• daddio says:

once you start name calling you have no argument left.

• dave says:

Did oo get oo’s widdle feewins hurt? Poor baby.
          I understand that CNN is hiring.

• 813.52Ran says:

People like Joe who demand that others “properly behave and speak” are the very same people I will fight to my last breath.

• joshua says:

Joe, you argue like a pure liberal. You are on the wrong forum trying to look smart to folks that see right through your typical blather of the progressive loser left. Take your insults to huffpo where you can be a hero. your stuff smells

• squidward says:

Ahhh,. The sweet smell of defeat. I guess it was never the statement he made, you obviously already didn’t like him and evidently hated his supporters even more.
          Tread carefully (best not to tread at all)…those people who tell you that there are more of you than us also told you that Hillary! was going to win in a landslide.

• Jenny R. says:

I suppose he could have been nothing but truthful when speaking to her, eh?
          Let’s face it, Mrs. Macron is not exactly the paragon of charm, wit, accomplishment, or sterling character — now is she? I suppose he could have said something about her chic taste in outfits…of course that would have been saying something about her appearance again…and might be construed as a truly blatant lie to boot.

• lionslover says:

And now we see the real Joe, the establishment repub who likes to pay a pennance to the PC police. So “properly” is defined by the PC left for Joe. Sundance just showed you above how hypocritical the left is by showing you the Nike commercials. The greatest gift Trump has given us is to show everyone on the right that we never again have to cower from the left and their PC nonsense.

When Roof murdered people our side as usual, felt the need to pay a pennence, a fine by removing southern pride symbols like the confederate flag. But when Kate Steinly was murdered, did the left pay a pennence by backing off on sactuary cities? NOT ONE INCH, NOT ONE MILLIMETER did they back off their position, they NEVER EVER EVER pay a pennence.

Fina;;y we have someone on our side who NEVER cowers or allows the PC left to define what is acceptable. YOU DO allow the PC left to define for you what is acceptable, obviously.
          There was NOTHING wrong with what Trump said, PERIOD!!! if their was then show us the rule book and let’s see who decided it was innapropriate.
          The biggest gift Trump has given us so far is that he has shown everyone on our side in the future that they can WIN by totally cramming that PC crap right back down their throats. The entire question for our future is if our side will learn from his lessons.

So in all your nonsense spouted in the end you offered NOTHING but PC opinion and CLAIMED what he said was innapropriate. Then you back your garbage up with hilarious insults of trailer park stupidity. We see by the comments afterwards who most everyone agrees with, don’t we? Trump did NOTHING WRONG, and in fact the more UN PC he is the better for our side.

• Joe says:

Wow, you ppl need to get out more often. Or maybe switch to decaf. I make a couple remarks critical of President Trump and y’all fall all over yourselves defending him for three pages. I’m an avid Trump supporter, but one with at least a half-a-brain. To freak out like schoolyard children when someone criticizes you or your position is a sign of weakness, not strength. My opinion is that he was crass to make the comment to Mrs. Macron and I stand by that. Not political correctness. Just my opinion.

Any room in the Trump camp for someone with a different opinion? Or perhaps the liberals are right when they accuse y’all of being close-minded bigots? [That’s a question, not an accusation. I’m just asking].

And I am being 100% truthful when I say I am a huge Trump supporter. No lie. Is there really no room under the CTH Trump tent for someone with a different opinion about this one incident??

• jtomka says:

Your difference of opinion is not the problem. It’s the argument you use to bolster your opinion:

“And if you weren’t brought up in a trailer by your inbred mom who married your inbred dad you’d know that.”

• lionslover says:

Of course he now comes out trying to act as if he was reasonable all the time. No Joe, you spouted a bunch of ridiculous insults and it appears you are a lefty simply trying to cause doubt here.
                YOU thought it was crass, get it, YOU THOUGHT, that doesn’t actually make it crass. There was nothing wrong with what he said, so you agree with the left, we don’t. We love it when Trump speaks his mind and says what he wants to say and to hell with what the left thinks of it. It’s that attitude of his that won people over, PERIOD!!!

So sorry, but when you wilt under the leftist boot like establishment republicans always do and offer to say you’re sorry or pay a little price for being un PC you are doing exactly what has gotten our (and our country) in the horrible mess it’s in now. Do you apologize when we on the right say that a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl and side with them that we should do what Canada is now doing and put non gender on birth certificates?

What else should our side say we are sorry for and that we shouldn’t have done? The left can think up a thousand things they would like you and us to say we aresorry for. Just please show us where they offer to pay a little fine to our side. Like when we caught them selling baby parts at planned parenthood, was that crass? Did they offer up a sorry?

• Ad rem says:

Bye Joe…. don’t bother emailing either.

• Masterman says:

Yeah right, just as how you cringed when Obama called Kamala Harris the “best-looking” state attorney general, M I RITE?

• RG says:

Perhaps you still cringe just a little because he is so much like the average American who has had to fight he way through the masses of tough people and situations that entangle us on a regular basis. If he was “politically correct” he would not be the Trump that is devoted and able to MAGA. If he was more gentlemanly he would be read as weak in the eyes of his/our enemy.

So called “polished folks will just never understand.” Liberal turds will never accept him so who cares. I don’t wear Reebok/Adidas anyway. I will be shopping for my grandson a new pair of tennis shoes for school very soon and I am glad to know what product to avoid.

• dave says:

Don’t know about you, bud, but I voted for him PRECISELY because of who he is.

• R-C says:

I have no time for hand-wringing, and I STAND WITH TRUMP.

• Dennis says:

Joe, that’s absurd. Obama gave his speech about how beautiful he thought Deb Wass Schultz was. Obama said it several times. Deborah Wasserman Schultz!!

• chbailey says:

“Hey Reebok, perhaps our world would be in a much better state if the words “you’re in such good shape . . . beautiful . . .” were heard more often.” – 813.52 comment above
      What a great comment:
      One, if I was in a position for POTUS to say to me, “you’re in such good shape…beautiful”, hey, I would beam from ear to ear. ..wow, thanks Mr. President for noticing. In what context would this not be a compliment? In what context would “you’re in such good shape…beautiful”, not result in my confidence rising, reinforcing my good effort and gaining a friend? It is a one-on-one-adult-to-adult personal compliment.
      Two, some athletic wear company or outdoor activity business (even tourism) could copy write this phase for a very effective advertising campaign. It’s that good. As the above comment suggests.

• formerdem says:

Joe I see it the same but i add, he is getting better very rapidly. take a look at how he talked a year ago. I do not mind – way I see it, he has spent a lifetime around women all trying madly to get his attention and he has responded by issuing the kind of compliments they signaled that they liked. Now he is in a new setting…. and learning fast. I think it is good for him all this tumult up front because come the election he unlike Hillary will have been shown what should change. She never learned, not to this day. He is learning learning.

• At 64, while I don’t expect to be married to someone 20-30 years younger than i, I do hope someone tells me I look great and are in great shape!

• 813.52 says:

To be 18-years-old, attractive and in great shape is a fluke of nature . . . luck of the draw.

To be 64, attractive and in great shape is truly to be admired. The amount of work, pride and self-respect to get there deserves all the compliments in the world. Especially coming from the President of the United States.

• Mr Darcy says:

Stupid. Just how do you think commies normalized all the stuff that’s going on nowadays? BY SAYING IT. Trump is normalizing normality. If you are too lily-livered to stick to the enemy, then you need to toughen up. Trump’s gonna Trump. Deal with it.

13. NickD says:

I’m sure y’all already know this, but a friendly reminder: sell Adidas/Reebok stock! Even if it’s in a mutual fund. Your accounts will thank you

14. LibertyVibe says:

Bye bye Reebok!

15. Beverly says:

Well, ladies, we’re going to have to put a sign on our lapel saying “NICE COMPLIMENTS WELCOME HERE!” or we’ll never get one again!!!

These leftists are always the SKUNKS at the garden party: they can ruin any occasion! And in WHAT UNIVERSE is it a crime to give a female a compliment??????????????????????

@#*(&^%$%^%$%^&*&^%$@!$%^&()*&^%@@@!!!!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Trump is breaking down those walls put up by the skunks. This is just like Merry Christmas 2016. It’s already happening. He’s CHANGING the culture – not ACCEPTING it.

A woman (in FRANCE, no less – world capital of beauty) is complimented on being beautiful – by a man who has a former supermodel as a wife. OK – well, he didn’t exactly get that flowery, but it’s a start – right? “Great shape” isn’t the worst compliment one could make to the first lady of the world’s fashion and beauty capital.

• squidward says:

That is a really good point that I never thought of and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.
        The fact that the First Lady is/was a supermodel even makes the compliment more impressive.
        What woman (or man for that matter) wouldn’t be pleased to get a compliment like that?

• sturmudgeon says:

And in WHAT UNIVERSE is it a crime to give a female a compliment?????????????????????? not in my universe! I do it regularly when I am affected by encountering someone (male or female). DJT…keep on keepin’ on!

16. wolfmoon1776 says:

Reality check. A question. Or maybe a few.

When people say that a compliment means we are “objectifying” women – how do they know? Are they reading our minds? Why do they have a right to tell me my intent?

Is the problem too many compliments about beauty – or is it actually too few compliments about brains and courage? It seems that the left’s attacks on all women but their own – their mockery of brave women who don’t agree with them – leaves little room for compliments of any kind.

The feminists have proven themselves to be terrible judges of character, even trying to foist a criminal on us as President. Why should we listen to them on anything, let alone our culture?

• sturmudgeon says:

Good comment! Thanks

• Mr Darcy says:

It’s sour grapes from people whom nobody would compliment in a million years. They can’t *stand* it that there are people out there who get compliments, so they mouth their old-maid high horse and preach at the rest of us. Qu’ils mangent la brioche!

17. tony says:

no one seemed to care when creepy joe biden was all touchy feely on the womans’ shoulders in one pic when her husband was being confirmed in the last admin or when all hands joe has the lady biker on his lap.

• olderwiser21 says:

Yes, Joe was super creepy and inappropriate in my book. I love a nice compliment, but keep your hands to yourself, buddy….

18. pochas94 says:

Ms Macron was in a difficult position. She was standing next to Melania.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

That is funny! Our First lady looks so fabulous. Ms Macron, not so much.

Anyway, Reebok can forget about me ever buying their stuff. It is really foolish to ignore how many people voted for Trump, and then think that we would ever tolerate someone like Reebok dissing President Trump.

19. gary says:

So I want to see cartoons, videos, funny clips of Reebok being made fun of. If you have any funny one-liners, or images that would make fun of this company , go to town. 🙂

Seeing that sexist stuff Reebok puts out as commercials that Sundance just showed, whoever owns stock in Reebox might want to sell the stock fast, because Trumpers will come knocking on this company for putting down our President.

20. unconqueredone says:

I love Adidas running shoes. However, this will definitely make me look for another brand the next pair. Corporations need to wake up and STAY OUT OF POLITICS, at least visibly. Just make the best product you can and people will buy it.

• Bendix says:

I think that’s the whole point of their PC proselytizing. These global corporations are pushing shoddier products, made of cheaper materials in sweatshops. For the same prices as back when the products were quality, and Americans could make a living wage producing them.
      Remember how products like Craftsman got brand loyalty by making good tools? Now these corporations put out a political platform instead. They can’t sell as flimsy sneaker as a sneaker, and compete with Walmart. So they sell it as a belief system.
      I believe in God, not corporate logos.

• unconqueredone says:

Perhaps true. I can’t remember when I last bought Reebok so I can’t comment on current quality but they were not too good way back. Adidas running shoes, on the other hand are not cheap and you pay for it. I emailed them my “recommendation” that they reign in their people’s political comments and stick to making shoes.

21. JBrickley says:

Reebok always sucked, they quite literally disintegrate within a year. Always went with Nike’s instead which lasted years.

Marketing Creatives are liberals. Liberals think with emotion not logic and the emotional side of the brain is typically elevated with artistic folk. It is best to have a balance between your right and left brain but some allow emotion to dominate and they disregard logic.

22. joshua says:

look to the ad agency and communications director at reebok…you will see the trash mongers there….the CEO types just want to make a profit….the messages are sent by liberal idiots with no idea about mainstream American opinion….they are used to the Hollywood and Sports crowd of blithering fools as their main contact with humans.

23. obamaclaus says:

I would boycott them, but I don’t buy their products.

24. Bendix says:

One can easily see that Mrs. Macron is uneasy about her appearance. Some have suggested she may have an eating disorder.
    On top of that, she is a Frenchwoman. The country that brought the world Brigette Bardot.
    Donald Trump was not boorish enough to assume that what plays in Peoria is the same standard that applies in Europe. He is much more sophisticated than that.
    Does anyone think that Melania wasn’t garnering many flattering remarks about her appearance? How rude would it have been, to be dismissive of the other woman at the center of the events?
    Sheesh.
    These people who claim to be all about ‘diversity’ are insisting that their one size fits all paradigm be applied worldwide.
    Who asked them?

• Michael says:

“A woman who goes to as much trouble as Ms. Macron, to keep a trim physique, not only deserves but EXPECTS such a compliment.”
      THIS!

The way a woman dresses is a demonstration of her pride in self.
      This is a woman especially proud of her legs. Now one need not say “great legs with a leer” as a compliment but a general compliment with a non-threatening smile is not likely to be taken amiss outside the arena of SJWarfare.

25. Somewhere in Dixie says:

I guess I am on the last pair of Reebok. Don’t buy Adidas and won’t be buying them in the future either. Skechers are better and cheaper anyway. Thank you Sundance for pointing this out.

26. jojo says:

Brain dead libs. Living in your own little bubble can be dangerous if you’re the CEO of a public company. Common sense is out the door for these guys. Sell short.

27. squidward says:

I don’t want to be a hypocrite, so I’ll say it right here. I think Reebok’s ads with the semi and unclad women are beautiful pictures of beautiful women. That being said, I just sent an email to Adidas corporate telling them that as much as I liked, trusted and depended on their GSG-9 boots and loved the comfort of numerous pairs and models of Reebok trainers, I would not be purchasing their products any longer. I specifically stated that Keen and New Balance were my next stop on the interwebs to purchase footwear.
    I also mentioned that I’ve been a customer of theirs since 1972, but no longer.

28. Mickturn says:

OK, Fine Reebok, Your shoes look Wonderful!…OR they look like CRAP. You can’t pick the first one because it might insult you!

29. Pinkie says:

I have to admit I cringed a little bit when President Trump complimented Mrs. Macron’s physique — but for a different reason.

I think it was condescending — not because it was sexist — but because it was obvious BS.

If there is anything we know about the President, it is his taste in women. Brigitte simply is not a 10 or anywhere close to it in his book.

President Trump was trying to be polite but Mrs. Macron is so obviously past his “sell by” date when it comes to women that it just came off as awkward.

30. Art says:

I’d be disappointed if Under Armour or Asics (my preferred athletic brands) tried to pull this kind of hot garbage.

31. When is it appropriate to say, “I am going to buy a pair of Reebok/Adidas shoes”?. NEVER….NEVER….NEVER….AGAIN.

32. moray watson says:

‘You’re in great shape…beautiful.’ is a pretty good icebreaker, I think. Considering the stress on the Macrons, with the worlds eyes upon them, it must have been a relief to have something so ‘bold’ to respond to! I’m sure it gave Melania and Brigitte something to talk about.

33. I am not for or against President Trump on this but what will you expect when a similar comment in corporate environment will land you in “sexual harassment” trouble? I am sure there has to be some background to the comment our President made that is not public knowledge – my conclusion is based on – I don’t remember which state of head visiting the white house had equally impressive spouse as our first lady and our President did not compliment her.

Having said that, according to MSM, THIS is perfectly “presidential” –

Frankly this “presidential” thing is so irritating. I guess it is “presidential” to encourage ideologues to ruin Thanksgiving dinner or to comment that a cop doing his duty acted “stupidly”.

• unconqueredone says:

“…what will you expect when a similar comment in corporate environment will land you in “sexual harassment” trouble?”
      While it your statement may be correct, it shouldn’t be. Context is everything and women are being short changed on honest, non-aggressive compliments because no one dare say anything anymore.

34. Michael says:

Another company that won’t ever get any of my money. The list grows long.

35. John mckay says:

Call Reebok, I did, (866) 870-1743

36. sundance says:

37. TatonkaWoman says:

So…isn’t the whole purpose of their product – running and athletic shoes and apparel – to encourage and assist people to get “in great shape?”

So why should anyone bother using their product if it is sexist or inappropriate for someone to even notice and acknowledge that their product has been successful?

Won’t even go into the hypocrisy of their advertising.

I guess it would have been just fine if the President had said: “You are in such great shape…you must be using Adidas products when you workout.”

38. Are you sure the new Reebok adds are made for women? I found them to be very sexual, they certainly appealed to my -nature-, in fact I’m going to watch them twice.

39. I looked at it closer. They set up the shot with all clear windows, and have a P.O.V. shot from outside the window as she romps though the place naked. And when she leans out of the shower door she gives a knowing smile and glaces to her window as if knowing someone was watching. You could say this ad encourages Peeping Tom.

40. Liked by 2 people

41. 6x47 says:

Andrew Dice Clay complained about how easily offended women are these days. “You tell a woman ‘nice tits’ and she getangry. You can’t even be nice anymore.”

42. Mr Darcy says:

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO NOTICE STUFF LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eleventy!!!!!!

HEADS WILL EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1