Washington Post Reporter Admits Syrians Cheer for President Trump…

Washington Post reporter David Ignatius throws bucket of cold water on popular MSM narrative that President Trump’s strategic approach toward Syria is not effective. As Ignatius admits, Syrians are very supportive of U.S. President Donald Trump.

DAVID IGNATIUS: I’m going to say something that in some ways is sympathetic to Trump. As I traveled across Syria, meeting with Syrian fighters who were trying to take down the regime of Bashar al Assad, every time the name “President Trump” was mentioned, there were cheers from the audience. One Syrian Kurdish commander used a vulgar term, in Spanish it would be cojones, to describe what President Trump has got and why they like him.

More seriously, the big attacks that have taken place around Raqqa, one in particular, a surprise landing by helicopter, I was told by the top US commanders, would not have taken place if it hadn’t been for President Trump’s decision to delegate military authorities down to the level of command. I mean, under Obama that would have taken a couple weeks of White House meetings and then they still wouldn’t have made up their mind.

This entry was posted in media bias, President Trump, Syria, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

150 Responses to Washington Post Reporter Admits Syrians Cheer for President Trump…

1. hellboundanddown says:

so terrorists love Trump. wonderful for them.

• treehouseron says:

Syria has terrorists.

Not everyone in Syria is a terrorist.

Those that are not Terrorists, love President Trump.

• aprilyn43 says:

@Tree Houseron – They are Muslims, they learned to lie at their mother’s breast – truth & Muslim cant be put in the same sentence.

• KPomeroy says:

Backwards, friend. It’s those who want to overthrow Assad who love Trump. Sorry, those guys are terrorists. Assad is the elected president of Syria. Guys trying to overthrow him are no different from our own American libtards wanting to overthrow Trump. I’m for Trump! :)) Syrian voters are for Assad.

• Paul Killinger says:

That’s rich. Now let me see if I have this straight…

So if my predident drops chemical weapons on my village and I oppose him, I’M a “terrorist?”

That’s the same type of thinking that gave us two terms of Pres Zero!

• jbrickley says:

Elected as in being the only candidate to choose and the whole thing is a complete charade? There were elections in Soviet Russia too. You walked up the steps and voted on the right and picked up your beer or vodka on the left. That’s the only way they got people to show up to vote. You had no choice, it was compulsory propaganda theater for the cameras.

• filia.aurea says:

People trying to depose an elected President are terrorists. Syrian patriots voted overwhelmingly for President Assad in 2014, just as American patriots voted for PDJT.

• Martin says:

Huh?

• smartyjones1 says:

No, those are the Syrians fighting the terrorists funded by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and others who President Trump read the riot act to on his trip to the Middle East.

But you knew that.

Mosul is being cleaned up of ISIS and Raqua is in the early stages of being taken down.
      The policy of attack and allow to escape ISIS elements has been replaced with surround and annihilate the ISIS terrorists.

• Derek of Florida says:

Qatar was told to stop selling Liquefied Natural Gas to China (so we can) and to stop funding terrorism along with the Saudis.

• Janie M. says:

Ohio, I don’t know the name of the CNN reporter but I’ve seen her in a number of CNN clips posted here and at other sites and…. she always looks like she’s sucking on a lemon. It must be her perception of gravitas.

• fleporeblog says:

That is the bimbo Brooke Baldwin!

• scott467 says:

That’s Brooke.

She may be the prettiest girl on FNN 🙂

She always has that expression though, the one you describe, like her dog just died. I always expect her to sound like Thurston Howell the 3rd, but thankfully she doesn’t.

She’s really unhappy that Trump won, LOL!

MAGA!

• phoebehb says:

• scott467 says:

“She is DUMB as DIRT (Excuse me, Dirt; that’s just an expression)! She’s the one who yelled “Hold it, hold it, hold it….fact check, please!” re: the HRC devices smashed w/hammers; also the one who thought Congress already had term limits.”

_______________

Yes, I saw that clip.

I haven’t watched CNN since Gulf War 1, but I do see the more outrageous clips that make the rounds on the Interwebs, and Brooke is a regular in those video clips, lol!

I have no idea whether she is dumb or not, but I can say with roughly 100% certainty that she was not hired for her brilliant mind. She is very pretty (in a pouty, Ivory Tower princess kind of way). The camera likes ‘pretty’, and easy on the eyes is always a plus for ratings (and personal career advancement, for that matter).

And she has very pronounced cheekbones… must make Liawatha Fauxcahontas (Sen. Elizabeth Warren) very jealous, lol!

• lumoc1 says:

do you know what a troll is?

• vfm#7634 says:

This is a Kurd/moderate opposition force fighting ISIS.

• rf121 says:

Remember the old saying “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter”. Or as PT would say “it’s complicated”.

• Janie M. says:

vfm, it makes sense to allow the Kurds/moderates to take the lead in the firefight. Being from the region, they are able to discern the enemy faster, for a variety of reasons, than our own troops.

• Edith Wenzel says:

They never said terrorists love Trump – they said Syrians. All Syrians are not terrorists – so stop showing your Democrat attitude.

• fleporeblog says:

Once again SD has warned us that the trolls purposely wait to be the first to post and usually have a partner to like their post! This POS troll doesn’t want to admit that our Lion is arming the Kurds who are fighting with every ounce of the blood for themselves but also for us. American men and women aren’t dying in Raqqa or Syria because of the Kurds and our President’s decision to arm them.

This POS is crying because Barry’s creatures are being destroyed everywhere they fight! Now their intentions are to get the hell out of the battle and run back to European countries like England that give them a heros welcome before they blow their citizens up. Do me a favor and get the fu….k out our our Treehouse!

• Albertus Magnus says:

THANKS FOR REMINDING EVERYONE!

• boogywstew says:

“fleporeblog” … I love your righteous anger! Excellent post!

• Wend says:

Second.

The Kurds are great.

• In Az says:

Don’t forget Canada! The moslem terrorists are going to Canada. One Gitmo prisoner that Obama released and killed an American soldier, is in Canada and awarded millions of dollars.

• Are we ever in trouble in Canada.

PM Trudeau has awarded Omar Kadr $10,000,000 of our taxpayer money…for w… For joining Isis -along with his father….and his mother and family (the last I heard) still are in favour of terrorists, yet still living in Canada.

Muslims have more rights than Christians and Canadians of other faiths. …

Please. fellow treepers, pray for us … in the next election that Canadians totally kick Trudeau out of office. Pray that Canada steps back from the brink!

• maiingankwe says:

You’ve got it, starting right now Canada will be back in my prayers. I’m sorry I had forgotten, but I greatly appreciate your reminder. We all need that once in awhile, so please don’t hesitate to ask again.

When the elections come up, I’m sure you can count on a number of us to help in any way we can.
            Be well and stay strong,
            Ma’iingankwe

• maiingankwe says:

Genetically Catholic (great name by the way),

Everyone needs to read this. I had not heard of this, and I wonder why, does the msm think it would anger most Americans? Darn skippy, and I’m boiling mad right now.

I did read some of the comments, and one person said that the American Soldier’s wife sued and won in a civil court $132 million I believe it was. I sincerely doubt Trudeau and the vermin’s lawyer would allow her to take all or any of his ten million, but it would be glorious if it does happen. Righteous too.

Could you please send this to the WH? I am unable to do from my phone. I’m sure they already know, but just in case.

I cannot fathom how anyone could do this, let alone your prime minister and on our July 4th for goodness sakes. That man does not have a soul.

Thank you for sharing, I plan on telling everyone I know.

• My apologies. I know understand that it was leaked to the Media on July 4, 2019 that PM Trudeau is poised to give an apology and $10,000,000 to Khadr.

The Canadian taxpayer federation has launched a petition asking PM Trudeau not to do it. If there are any Canadian treepers reading this thread, please consider signing and passing it to friends and family:

• ScruffyLeon says:

To hellboundanddown
      Your post is the Mamet Principle at work.

• Kurds. They are fighting ISIS and Assad.

• The Kurds seem to always be on the right side. They are a people that I respect. I have long stated that we should arm them and just let them fight. Obviously, my President agrees with me…..

• jbrickley says:

They are a people without a homeland. They fight Turkey in the southeast, Iran in the northwest, northern Iraq and northern Syria. They are culturally and linguistically related to the Persians (Iran). They consider themselves children of the Medes. They have been conquered and integrated many times. Yet never fully assimilated. They have multiple religions, Islam, Yarsan, Yazidism, Zoroastrianism (fun fact: so was Freddie Mercury), and Christianity. For centuries they were nomadic in nature and still are to a large extent. When Turkey turned secular after the fall of the Ottoman empire, the Kurds were not pleased and there were several uprisings. Even today, Turkey hates them and considers them terrorists. Their history is like a boiling cauldron that never cooled nor solidified.

You simply cannot call the Kurds a cohesive and consistent group. They have no central leadership, no government, no country, etc. There are portions of the population loyal to Turkey and Iran and others in a revolutionary militant state of mind. Portions of Kurdish populations are supportive of the USA and many want their own country. So as long as the USA is fighting their enemies they will join in the fight. Enemy of my enemy and all that.

The good thing is the women are fierce fighters and they scare the bejeepers out of ISIS who desperately do not wish to be killed by a woman. Once they find out they are being attacked by women they flee like they would from the U.S. Marines.

• davecatbone says:

Trolls on 4th of July. Treepers know Assad & Russia want the war to continue to maintain control..the Kurds however are good guys..not the guys McCain supports.

• Diane says:

Jackass

• Sayit2016 says:

Interesting extrapolation of a non fact….

• Troublemaker10 says:

These guys are mostly Kurds, great allies of the US.

2. As we Trust God and Trust Trump45, so does T45 Trust his people. No micro managing. That kind of leadership will make people follow you to the end of the Earth….count me first in line to follow
    🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸💖💕💖🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

3. waltherppk says:

4. quintrillion says:

video of US reinforcements entering Raqqa as clashes are heavier

5. treehouseron says:

The part about him delegating, and not micro managing, is a recurrent theme that gets overlooked.

President Trump, as a CEO, cannot micromanage 500 companies, instead he hires talented, competent people and lets them manage the company.

This is how he can run a successful Winery in Virginia, when he’s a Teetotaller, for instance. He hires competent people who know all about running a Winery, and allows them to do a great job.

Similarly, he has chosen to run the country this way. President Trump does not need to make every decision for the military, he only needs to provide a direction, let General Mattis and the great men and women he has at lower levels do what they think is best.

This doesn’t mean you’re hands off. It means, and this is important…. it means that you set an agenda, delegate to your employees, and expect them to fulfill the agenda. Nothing to argue about. Do your job. I will LET you do your job. Do the good job I know you’re capable of.

This attitude shift has made a YUGE difference, in every, every possible department of the U.S. Government.

• Minnie says:

🎯

• jrapdx says:

You are 100% correct. When there are highly competent professions working well as a team, they’re likely to know far more about the domain than their supervisor ever will. The smart manager stays out of it except when the team needs something from management or problems arise that impede great teamwork. Basically, give the team the resources it needs, then watch the talented pros manage themselves and produce outstanding results.

• Duhders says:

It’s called empowerment, it leads to happy and loyal employees. Happy 4th of July everyone!

• Tegan says:

Very good analysis. I was an “administrator” of several totally different businesses and organizations many years ago, and people would ask me how I could go from one to another. I always replied that basic organizatio/administative skills were very much the same in every endeavor…you just had to know how to use them. And, that’s the same thing you are saying about POTUS. His keen sense of “reading” people and selecting the right people, even if for a limited period, seems to be serving him very well.

• G. Combs says:

I always told my people I was there to take care of the problems and keep upper management out of their hair.

The biggest problem I see today is companies esp. HR treat people like they are interchangeble parts and not unique humans with skills.

• G. Combs says:

This is the statement that really stood out for me.

” I was told by the top US commanders, would not have taken place if it hadn’t been for President Trump’s decision to delegate military authorities down to the level of command. “

I was a 2nd Lt wife (Army) during and after ‘Nam. It really ticked-off the troops that they were NOT ALLOWED to win that war but instead were micro-managed by a bunch of idiots (Congress) who had never seen combat.

THAT is a very strategic move on Trump’s part.

6. Curry Worsham says:

CFR member and role model to “journalist” Joe Scarborough – David Ignatius – saying something “sympathetic to Trump”? What’s up his sleeve?

• treehouseron says:

He just made a horrible mistake, and told the truth in public. You’re not supposed to do that, and even thought President Trump is changing all that, it’s too early for David to be honest at these organizations, he’ll be promptly fired.

• camulla says:

The clip of him commenting he’s going to make that comment needs to be shared on social networks, etc. so low information voters understand that the networks are starting from a place of bias and hatred of a president and administration that does not share their political views.

• Sentient says:

He wasn’t defending Trump. He’s defending American intervention to depose Assad.

7. treehouseron says:

By the way, David Ignatius likely just got fired from the Washington Post, AND MSNBC on Independence Day. There’s no room for honesty at either of those organizations, David.

• jrapdx says:

No good deed, or honest reporting, goes unpunished. A sad commentary on the state of things that with the rapidly advancing Trump agenda may yet change. Will be interesting to see what happens with Ignatius. What does it mean if he isn’t promptly fired?

• camulla says:

The slip he made needs to be shared and put in commercials so Americans see the plan is never to be favorable to this administration. Americans could stop trusting the press if the inherent bias in all the reporting was known to low information voters who don’t watch politics and trust the liberal journalists on the networks.

8. Minnie says:

One Syrian Kurdish commander used a vulgar term –

Well, at least he acknowledged what we already know!!

Yes, OUR Commander in Chief has brass ones!!!!!

9. C. Lowell says:

Syrians and Americans both cheer for President Trump —

Globalists and socialists do not…

10. kiskiminetas says:

So a WaPo journalist is admitting that those who oppose Bashar Assad cheer for Donald Trump and also relates that our President actually delegates military authority those who are in command. Sounds like more winning to me and on Independence Day to boot! MAGA

11. rumpole2 says:

Obama has only got one ball
    Macron has two, but very small
    Trudeau has something sim’lar
    But poor old Merkel has no balls at all

Trump on the other hand….. 😎

12. rashamon says:

Huh? I trust this guy about as far as I can throw his specs. Who’s he playing?

13. Kerry Gimbel says:

After 8 years of Obama you bet the Kurds like him. And the troll knows darn well the Kurds are on our side

14. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

I am told, a fair amount of salt takes the bitterness out of the taste when you have to eat crow…

15. Southpaw says:

That may be a vulgar term to a beta but not to those who understand patron

16. keeler says:

In related news, coalition forces just blew several holes in Raqqa’s 1,300 years-old Old City Wall, because ISIS booby-trapped existing breeches. This should significantly reduce the time and casualties needed to liberate Raqqa.

Never would have happened under Obama, Bush, or Clinton.

17. Peter says:

Correction at the end he says “this image of strength is something that they like.”

No sir, it is something that they fear …

And respect. Finally.

18. Bronson says:

The greatest tragedy out of this mess are tens of thousands of christians slaughtered by muslim supermacists in syria and iraq. And there are names of those who started the so-called ayrab spring, Hussein Osama and Facebook’s Zuckerface. They should be tried for crimes against humanity.

19. fedback says:

‘I am going to say something that in some ways is sympathetic to Trump’
    The free independent U.S media…. WaPo reporter acts like he is committing heresy

20. jrapdx says:

The fact that Syrians are cheering President Trump’s actions is not what the MSM have wanted us to know.

I gather that the positive responses to Trump’s moves are from fighters who have opposed ISIS and themselves have been attacked by Syrian government forces. That last fact seems to confirm the analyses of Sundance that Assad has been more interested in attacking domestic political opponents than ISIS.

The “messages” from Trump have been warnings to Assad to back off from trying to eliminate political foes among the non-extremist domestic opposition. That’s what the journalist’s story seemed to be reporting, definitely not compliant with the standard “narrative”.

21. deplorabledooku says:

Not surprising since arrogant Obama (surely bound for the left’s Mt. Olympus) thinks he’s the smartest, knows all, and therefore could run everything on his own, especially the military, which he sees as a means for Marxist cultural experimentation, and not as a military force that is expert in areas he really knows nothing about (or doesn’t care to really know).

• Respectfully you are wrong , Obama didn’t make a military move without getting the Ok from his Commander/Mommy Valarie Jarrett, and she didn’t have a clue either , always worried about the downside and hence paralyzed into half- baked measures but always accompanied by useless Telepropter rhetoric.

• boogywstew says:

RESPECTFULLY … you are both correct. If Bathhouse Barry sought Jarrett’s approval, he was the so called president, so the ultimate responsibility belonged to the First Pajama Boy.

• Kay Emig says:

Doesn’t matter that Barky doesn’t know – they are already grooming him to be head of the UN. You know, ‘king of the world’ and all that.

22. NJF says:

Our POTUS hires warriors!

Wictor has a long thread on operations there as well. Idk what his background is, anyone?

23. rsanchez1990 says:

Is David Ignatius too effeminate to say BALLS? As Joe Dan said, Trump’s are the size of church bells.

24. aprilyn43 says:

The “Left” will use this to their benefit, the “Left” Hates Trump & can’t allow him to be seen as good. CNN… one has to wonder what their end game is, trusting them is insanity.
    Hope for the best, expect the worst.

25. Deploraboss says:

“I’m going to say something that in some ways is sympathetic to Trump” ….. I like how he had to add a caveat, as if it is out of the norm to say something “sympathetic”, and as if there’s a need to give a trigger happy audience a safe space warning.

26. ALEX says:

Brace yourselves. I’m going to tell the truth- David(the CIA guy at Compost) Ignatius…

27. Atticus says:

Bas!
    PDJT has ’em.
    Obama never did.

28. hellinahandbasket says:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩☆۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ★☆ C O J O N E S★ el A C E R O ★T R U M P ★☆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩☆۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

29. hellinahandbasket says:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩☆۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ★☆★☆ B A L L S★ of S T E E L ★T R U M P ★☆★☆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩☆۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

30. KPomeroy says:

Anti-Assad rebels cheer Trump? To me, this is very sad :(( I like to think Trump is the good guy. The guy for non-intervention. The guy who said leave Assad alone. Maybe MSNBC is lying?

31. The Renegade says:

Wow, so hard for this guy to praise his own President. Snobby elites. Today’s the 4th of July and on foreign soil Obama chides Americans not to overdo it today. What a contrast!! A loser and a Maga winner!

32. G. Combs says:

This article explains WHY there is such a divide between how WE see President Trump and how our ‘Ruling Class’ sees President Trump. (The whole article is well worth the read)

July 16, 2010, America’s Ruling Class — And the Perils of Revolution

[…]Today’s ruling class, from Boston to San Diego, was formed by an educational system that exposed them to the same ideas and gave them remarkably uniform guidance, as well as tastes and habits. These amount to a social canon of judgments about good and evil, complete with secular sacred history, sins (against minorities and the environment), and saints. Using the right words and avoiding the wrong ones when referring to such matters — speaking the “in” language — serves as a badge of identity. Regardless of what business or profession they are in, their road up included government channels and government money because, as government has grown, its boundary with the rest of American life has become indistinct. Many began their careers in government and leveraged their way into the private sector. Some, e.g., Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner, never held a non-government job. Hence whether formally in government, out of it, or halfway, America’s ruling class speaks the language and has the tastes, habits, and tools of bureaucrats. It rules uneasily over the majority of Americans not oriented to government.

The two classes have less in common culturally, dislike each other more, and embody ways of life more different from one another than did the 19th century’s Northerners and Southerners — nearly all of whom, as Lincoln reminded them, “prayed to the same God.” By contrast, while most Americans pray to the God “who created and doth sustain us,” our ruling class prays to itself as “saviors of the planet” and improvers of humanity. Our classes’ clash is over “whose country” America is, over what way of life will prevail, over who is to defer to whom about what. […]

33. garysutt says:

So, it is not just reporting the news, it is an admission?
    I don’t understand.

34. wj2016 says:

Assad is about the only thing between Syrian Christians and bloody head chopping genocide. Why should we be supporting jihadis trying to overthrow him , and yes every one of the “moderate” rebels is a a jihadists.

The Kurds aren’t trying to overthrow Assad.

Fortunately, with the help of the Russians the tide has turned and Assad will more than likely stay in power, unless we, pushed by the neocon creeps, do something really, really stupid.

35. Donna in Oregon says:

I watch One America News Network. They are so far ahead of the rest of the news. This is old…..and WaPo is just picking it up? Suppressors of truth cannot be considered a news source.

Get OANN if you can. It is what news is supposed to be. Up-to-date information without some smirky jerk opinion. OANN doesn’t think their viewers are stupid as sh!!t and it shows….

36. Sherlock says:

“DAVID IGNATIUS: I’m going to say something that in some ways is sympathetic to Trump…”

Notice how he had to preface his comment with the agove, like “Oh my, huge news coming, I’m actually going to for the FIRST TIME EVER say something halfway positive about the President. Prepare yourselves, and don’t hate me, I’ll never do it again.”

37. LibertyVibe says:

People forget there are many Christians in Syria…well at least ones that haven’t been murdered by Neocon- backed Isis “rebels”. Assad was elected, and is actually trying to protect the Christians from Isis. These people cheer Trump because he is a man with balls big enough to stand up to terrorists..

38. Jeff says:

On January 29th , just 9 days in , president Trump made a call to The Saudi king to fund a SAFE ZONE in Syria . https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/01/29/stunning-win-saudi-king-salman-agrees-to-supportfinance-safe-zones-in-syria-and-yemen/

OCCUMS RAZOR the simplest answer is the most likely ……My suspicion that #45 reminded the Saudi King just who’s military it is that protects their oil fields from the mad mullahs of Iran …..BOOM !!! ” How much do ya need Mr President ? ” ~ the Saudi king

Ok then now ….who do we get to be the ” boots on the ground ” in the SAFE ZONE ???

President Trump calls up someone with a proven track record of removing the muslim brotherhood and restoring peace to his own country . He calls on president al-sisi of Egypt .

The likely scenario is that al -sisi tells Trump to clear out the chemical weapons before his troops can man the SAFE ZONE . So …just a few days later BOOM !!

Meanwhile , back at the modern TOWER OF BABEL ( TV ) the GLOBALISTS Are mired down along with the DIPSHIDIOCRACY in ….” RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSS” and now another YOUTUBE VIDEO …only this time Trump tweets it out to DIVERT their small minds …”CNN WWF WRESTLING call out the 25th amendment ”

OPERATION FORTITUDE …while Trump has the GLOBALIST opposition forces all amassed at the ” BEACHHEAD of ….IMPEACH ” he is doing the job FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE to # MAGA

COVFEFE !!