Tuesday June 27th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

145 Responses to Tuesday June 27th – Open Thread

1. Aguila2011 says:

I wonder, maybe you know; Does Islam have anything similar to the Our Father as a daily prayer and I wonder what “good” words it contains? If Moose Limbs pray five times a day, what do they pray?

• The God of the Bible is not the same as the god of the koran. The god (although there are really no other gods) of the koran is satan, the devil, the great deceiver, the accuser of the brethren.

A truth can not be built from lies so there are no “good” words in the koran. It is tainted by the lies of its origin and intent.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
      Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Note the “no truth in him.” It is not possible for him to tell the truth. Also for the God of the Bible, it is not possible for Him to lie. It is not in Him.

I am the way, the truth and the life – Jesus, John 14:6 One can only impart or give away what they have. Jesus gave His life so others may be saved and have life.

The devil has no life or truth to give. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jesus, John 10:10

• duchess01 says:

Amen, zero! Jesus defeated the ‘father of lies’ with scripture.

• georgiafl says:

GOD says in Scripture that He is the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Jesus was/is the Messiah.

Other gods and religions are pagan inventions, including Mohammedanism, which is the religion of the fallen flesh and gratifies the flesh. Islam bears more resemblance to Baal worship than anything else.

• BigMamaTEA says:

• Les says:

If we’re being honest and taking a more historical view, the Big Three are tied together by Abraham and monotheism. They all developed in the Middle East. Praying multiple times a day is also observed in the Roman Catholic faith by priests (Liturgy of the Hours). Muslims didn’t evolve, but I don’t know a bunch about Orthodox Jewish tradition. I’m not interested enough to look up the content of Muslim prayer because I have no respect for a religion of violence.

The separation of church and state is the saving grace of western civilizations. If Middle Easter countries had that foundation, and people there had the choice to abstain from practice, would Islam being the steaming heap of crap it is today?

2. Best things about modern life ?

Hot shower
    Mute button
    Car with air and good radio/stereo
    An easy chair
    Good smooth roads
    Super markets
    Farmers market
    Good wine

3. Aguila2011 says:

Sundance, thanks for posting the Our Father each and every day. I read it and take a moment to remember what is important and keep my focus for the day.

4. usnveteran says:

March 24, 2017
    Gulf War Tragedy – By Joyce Riley:

• usnveteran says:

{Sorry YouTube message did not post … I’ll try again …}

March 24, 2017
      Gulf Tragedy – By Joyce Riley

• maiingankwe says:

USNVETERAN,
        Every American adult needs to be sat down and shown this video. I wonder what would happen then? Would we be able to reverse the law that our government can use of Soldiers as guinea pigs?

Just a memory:

A long time ago in the early eighties I believe, I saw my Father crying for maybe the first time. He was sitting on the front steps to our home surrounded by farm land and trees, maple, a willow and a few oaks. It was after dinner time and the sun was tired and slowly laying down to rest. I had just been dropped off from returning from somewhere when I walked up to him full of happiness and joy. I remember stopping halfway to him and wondering why my Dad had his head down so low. As I walked slower, I could see he had been crying. My first thought was my Mom, but somehow he felt my question, raised and shook his head no. As I sat down next to him, he looked me in the eye, and said, “they’ve done it again.” or something close. I had no idea what he meant, so I sat quietly next to him waiting for him to tell me the story. I had no idea how long time had passed, it didn’t really matter. I just knew something was really bothering my Dad, and I didn’t want him to be alone. I’ve sat for hours with him before in quiet, so the silence never bothered me. I just sat there quiet and in my own thoughts until he was ready.

As the sun said it’s final goodnight, my Father finally spoke. He told me so much and it just kept coming and coming and I was getting more confused. He named names with military titles, he swore at them and then stood. He swore at our senators our governor and everyone he could.

His friend had died. He had cancer. Agent Orange was the cause, but the govt always denied. He had surivived for so long, he beat the odds, he had a wife, kids, a good home. He killed himself. Suicide by gun. He just couldn’t fight anymore.

I believe this was the time when Veterans who knew they couldn’t sue their government decided to sue Doe Chemicals and the other company who had made Agent Orange etc to be used in Vietnam. I believe they had lost the case around this time. I could be wrong, and it could’ve been later, I’m not sure. I just know my Dad blamed our government for not standing by their Warriors.

My Dad was a good and honorable man. He did a great deal to help his Brothers-In-Arms and Sisters who returned from a war D.C. would not allow my Dad to go to after he’s already been in the Korean War (another story for another time). So he carried a lot of guilt because he couldn’t be there to help his younger Brothers. He also held a good amount of anger to the ones who told him no.

To make a long story shorter, my Dad became a Veterans Advocate and did everything he could. He knew people in the government, high ranking officials who owed him a favor here and there, or simply held respect for one another. And he knew everyone in between. He knew so many people. He even had a senator come to his funeral earlier this year.

My Dad had books, booklets, pamphlets, papers, documents all concerning PTSD, and Agent Orange, green, purple and others. He knew of the govt testing on their Soldiers and I wouldn’t doubt if he knew this lady, Joyce Riley. She looks so darn familiar to me, but I can’t place her. Her name is familiar as well. Maybe my Dad knew her, maybe he didn’t, but I really do believe he did with the work he was doing. It wouldn’t surprise me if their paths had crossed and they had become at least acquaintances. I wish he was here and could ask. Does anyone know if she is still fighting the good fight? Maybe I could write and ask. I’d like that. She just look so dang familiar. It could just be she wrote a book with all of this information and I just recognize her on the back cover, but I don’t think so.

There have been so many people who walked through our home, and my Dad always made it a point that I met them. My Dad always kept me informed on what he was working on and where he was at in a certain project. Sometimes I thought I knew his cases as well as he did, but of course that’s not true. I did have my favorites and he made sure to keep me updated as the wheels of government slowly turned. I have no idea why my Dad would tell me so many things he should have kept from a young girl, but I think he liked using me as a sounding board. Plus, I was a good listener who wouldn’t interrupt, still am for the most part. It was also a connection for us. Something we could talk about that no one else knew. It was pretty cool. He kept me up to speed even after he retired and it’s something we continued to talk about all through our years together.

I’ve gone on more than long enough. Hope o haven’t put most to sleep. Tomorrow I will do a search on this brave, Warrior Lady, Joyce Riley.
        Be well good Treepers, and thank you so much for sharing this USNVETERAN. I know you don’t use all caps, but I always capitalize Vet/Veteran and U.S., so I became perplexed on how to do your name properly. Hope it was okay.
        Ma’iingankwe

• dilonsfo says:

In case anyone is not familiar with the use of and testing for various diseases that might be caused by the exposure to Agent Orange I have attached a 2016 summary written by the American Cancer Society. I only do this because there are very strong opinions on both sides about the use of Agent Orange during the Vietnam War and the effects on the soldiers during that time period. I served 3 tours of duty in Vietna. I was serving in very remote posts where perimeter areas were cleared with Agent Orange to prevent the enemy from being able to attack on foot from a covered area. When serving in a war zone there is a great assumption by us serving there that harm can and will find it’s way to you…in some form or another. When one survives to return home…well, it is assumed you made it physically clear of harm’s way. Mentally, I don’t believe any of us, from any war zone from any war, ever made it out completely whole. Some do better than others but everyone suffers some. I lost many a friend on the battlefield and many after they returned home to various conditions and problems. While I can’t say whether or not Agent Orange contributed to those returning from Vietnam who later suffered physical or mental problems, Regardless, those that come home from war only to find that they are having problems whether immediately or down the stretch deserve to be cared for. Those Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen were willing to risk their all…shouldn’t the nation that sent them there being willing to take the extra steps needed to make sure the whole that was sent does not return having an hole? Sometimes the only explanation is life, genetics, habits but sometimes it’s the fact that a war interrupted life.

• georgiafl says:

War itself is a wound and trauma.

Killing another human being is a wound to the psyche – and something that needs to be cleansed and healed.

There is a ministry called Welcome Home Initiative, for psychologically wounded warriors from every war which holds a retreat weekend to offer love, prayer, fellowship, healing and peace for spirit, soul and body.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/Welcome-Home-Initiative-63045593097/

There are other such organizations, but this one is the one I have heard the most about regarding effectiveness and depth of ministry.

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you for the information Amwick. There are also a good number of sweat lodges conducted for our Warriors when they return home. Many of our Medicine Men have given large amounts of their time to heal them besides the sweat lodge. It hurts one spirituality that is for sure.

I know it filled my heart with joy to watch our Elders welcome our girls and boys home with open arms and hearts. It’s amazing what a simple, traditional meal a young Warrior had grown up with made in his and her honor on their return. Plus, these ladies sure know how to cook.

There were many ways our Elders brought them back into the Circle and to help them heal. I am forever greatfull and honored to have witnessed the outpouring of unconditional love.

I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I’d like to just mention it again. There is not a Pow-Wow in our country ever held without a Veteran. If one has ever been to one, at the beginning you will see an assortment of Elders, young ladies and men carrying flags at the beginning of the Pow-Wow. They will enter from the East and walk the Circle clockwise. After the flag bearers the traditional men dancers will follow all the way down to the women. It’s a spectacular display in their regalia full of color and life. It’s an amazing experience for all, especially families. Yes, that’s my subtle way in encouraging everyone here to go.

I know I have the best night sleep afterwards with the drums still playing in my head. The drums always lull me to sleep at night, and I’ve always had the most amazing dreams.

If I’m having an especially difficult day, I will play my Pow-Wow cd in the car, loud. Oh, I roll the windows up when I’m in town for most of the way, but on the roads I play it very loud otherwise it doesn’t do the drums justice. I also have a brand spanking new cd of my nephew and his group. He wrote the 12th song on it and I think it’s pretty darn good considering he just turned 16.

I guess all those times he kept me up at 1-2am playing his hand drum was worth it when I was visiting. I didn’t mind the drum, it was his singing so loud. 😝 I can still hear him in my mind. 😊

Bragging alert:
              My nephew and his group went to California this spring and came home with a ten thousand dollar purse. Not bad for some hick, out in the woods singers and drummers. I think it was $10,000, now at this very moment not so sure. I know it was first place and a great deal of money even if it was split 6-8 ways. I will call tomorrow and double check. I don’t want to be lying or anything. πŸ™ƒ

Anyways, if one knows of a Warrior no matter the color of their skin, there are Medicine men and Elders who will help them in their journey to heal. Our Warriors are very important to us, as you can tell by our Pow-Wows, so it doesn’t matter to a lot who are able to heal. A Warrior is a Warrior, and all are given respect and held in high esteem among us.

I just wanted to add another avenue. I think the more of them we have, the better for our Soldiers to choose from. If anyone knows of other groups that help heal these men and women, please share. I think this is ever so important.
              Be well,
              Ma’iingankwe

• maiingankwe says:

Dilonsfo,
            I couldn’t find the attached summary from the Cancer Society. Could you please direct me in the right place?

I know a little bit of what you speak of when talking about how well agent Orange and others were able to take out all of the foliage so our Soldiers could finally see their enemy. Maybe one day down the road we can talk a little about it?

Hope you have a fantastic weekend. And thank you so much for your sacrifice and service to our great country. It is greatly appreciated by many.

Ma’iingankwe

• amwick says:

TY Ma’
          I can see that your father lives through you.

• usnveteran says:

Ma’iingankwe ~
          Wow. Thank you so very much for sharing your story about you and your father’s testimony. I truly believed that your father did know about Joyce Riley, and perhaps attended one of her lectures or even met her. I extend my prayers to you and your family.

It is with great grief and sadness to say that Captain Joyce Riley, RN, BSN, USAF – passed away last Sunday. I did not meet her in person but over the years, and on many issues, shared dozens of phone calls, emails and letters with her and Dave. Joyce and Dave helped me out tremendously over the years with their prayers and gifts/donations. I know that I’m alive today because of their love for the Lord, their generousity, friendship, and love to me. I’ve tried to extend (pay-it-forward) the same generousity, friendship and love to other Veterans and their families, and will continue to do so.

I posted a notice in the Open Threads section on Sunday evening. On Monday, the “Power Hour With Joyce Riley”, dedicated their entire 3 hour broadcast in her memory – which I believe will always be available in their ‘archives’.

I am working on a memorial dedication in her honor at the ‘Women In Military Service For America Memorial’ (WIMSA). I will coordinate more details with her family and the ‘Power Hour’ – after everyone has had some time with the grieving processes. Hopefully, with the assistance of some of my friends from the Vietnam Veterans Association, we will be able to set up an event by Veterans’ Day, 2017. I’m posting a few links — please forward. Thanks.

Thanks again for sharing your heart and your father’s testimony. Prayers and many blessings to you and your family.

“American Gulf Veterans Association”:

“The Power Hour With Joyce Riley”:

The Women In Military Service For America Memorial (WMSA):

• JC says:

Thank you so very much, Usnveteran. I will pray.

• maiingankwe says:

I have a story about my Dad and the Women’s Veteran Memorial in D.C. I’d like to share down the road. I’m sure I gave the Memorial the wrong name too. πŸ™ƒ

Thank you for the links, I look forward to reading them and sharing them.

I am ever so sorry to hear of your loss in such a great friend. Joyce seemed like an amazing lady and Warrior. It is truly a sad day to lose such a great fighter who loved her people. However, what you plan to do is off the charts when it comes to honoring one. I am ever so proud and happy you are doing this for her and all who she has helped. I know she will continue helping others even after her passing. As you said, the videos are in the archives. She will forever live strong in our hearts.

It’s because of people like you, Joyce and Dave that make the world a better place. Thank you for everything you do and all who you help. You’re a great Warrior as well.

I really do have some information you might be interested in hearing, when I get back home after the 12th I will look it up, so I know I will have it all straight.

God Bless you, and I hope you have the most amazing days ahead of you,
            Ma’iingankwe

• JC says:

Thank you for sharing your remarkable story, Maiingankwe. Your father was an incredible man and left a profound legacy. I’m sorry he is no longer with us; I join you in honoring him.

• kp3ace says:

Didn’t put me to sleep at all! I enjoyed the story. I look forward to hearing more of them.

• maiingankwe says:

Well, you might’ve just opened a can of worms, cause I got a whole lotta of them. I’ve got fishing stories, hunting stories, all kinds of wonderful stories of my Dad and I. I could go on for hours and hours.

On a straight forward note, I really am happy you enjoyed it. I hope you have a brilliant holiday and weekend.
            Be well and stay smiling, 😁
            Ma’iingankwe

• duchess01 says:

USA Prepares Show (AUDIO Commercial Free) Monday 6/26/17: Joyce Riley Has Died, Kurt Wilson

5. Garrison Hall says:

6. Troublemaker10 says:

Disney’s ‘Mickey Mouse Club’ Star Jennifer McGill Finds God After Hitting Rock Bottom

• Lucille says:

Thanks for posting this article. I’d not heard of this website before and signed up to receive their newsletter.

Here is another article…such an impressive young man…”NFL’s Highest Paid Player Plans To Spend His Fortune On GOD’S Work”
      June 26, 2017 by Will Maule

• Texian says:

Vincent Furnier is a Christian. Wow, our “calling” experiences are on the same wavelength.. amazingly same experience – christian household, the trappings of this world, reeling me back in, back to church with my wife, pastor nailing me, decision time.. He then threw me a Life ring.. grab it.. After seeing this I am convinced this is how God works. What a testimony for the modern world..

• maiingankwe says:

Texian,
        I’ve grown to love Alice Cooper more now than ever before, and I used to really like him when I was younger. He has a program five days a week on the radio for 3-4 hours at a time. He’s highly intelligent and just a great guy with an excellent wit. I like listening to what he has to say between songs just as much as the songs he plays.
        Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

• Sloth1963 says:

We are lucky to have Alice Cooper’s show broadcast locally. It’s a good way to wind down without being bored to tears. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting him in person a few times. Very intelligent and genuine guy. He also puts on a heck of a concert. Not to everyone’s taste but what is?

• maiingankwe says:

I am ever so envious and yet so happy you were able to speak to him more than once. I would’ve been walking on water for days. I really respect Alice Cooper and he does make our evenings better when we can listen to him and enjoy his humor.
            Be well and stay smiling, 😁Ma’iingankwe

• MIKE says:

he was a scratch golfer also, at one time. I have spoken to him on the phone a few times, back in the 80’s. Was a friend of an old roommate. Nice guy.

7. Lucille says:

My favorite Gustav Mahler symphony….

Symphony No.5 In C Sharp Minor – 4. Adagietto
    Conductor Herbert von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmoniker

• Lucille says:

It’s interesting that this particular rendition of Movement 4 by von Karajan is 11:43 minutes, which is quite slow. On the Simon Rattle cd (which I’ve played over and over again), this same movement is 9:33 minutes, with the same orchestra done in 2002. Now I’m going to have to go out and buy the von Karajan version (recorded in 1972, I believe) because it is awesome! YouTube ends up costing me a lot of money. LOL!

• covfefe mariner says:

This reminds me of a story. Anne-Sophie Mutter was rehearsing a violin concerto with von Karajan. He told her, “You’re too fast” and she shot right back, “No, Maestro, you’re too slow.”

Some conductors seem too slow and ponderous with everything; that was my opinion of Sir George Solti. I wonder how von Karajan’s pacing seems generally, compared to other conductors.

8. The Devilbat says:

NEW TROLL TACTICS TO BEWARE OF

I have recently noticed both here on the treehouse and on other sites a disturbing new trend of nastiness coming from the paid trolls. They have started to attack people whose posts are the most damaging to the agenda of their paymasters. The more frequently one posts, the more likely the trolls are to attack. They also go after those who they see as making the best posts.

These attacks are intended to embarrass the person in the hope that they will stop posting. The trolls will complain about someone claiming they are posting intolerable rubbish. They also commonly insult the person by pulling them down for their poor spelling or grammer.

If you are attacked or if you see someone else being attacked, please go directly on the offensive. Show these trolls no mercy. Point out that they are being paid by the scum of the Earth which makes them a collection of even lower life-forms.

• I’ve also seen some long time posters who are conservative be attacked because others on this site do not agree with a statement or two in a post. That is wrong as well.

• JC says:

Thanks, Devilbat. Good to know. Gotta tell ya – that is one ugly troll. Useful to picture it when running into one of ’em in our truthtelling.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Good advice DevilBat. I haven’t been commenting much last four-five days, (my entire dining room walls are now covered in yellow sticky notes. HA!going down r-a-b-b-i-t holes right now.)

Let me at them! If I catch a troll – BOOM. A lot more seem to show up on the POTUS thread here lately. I spend minimal time there, after a few comments it tends to “go circular.” Anyway, if any treeper senses a troll, hit me up on this thread. I’ll run ’em off.

ps. LOVE that pic!!!

• nimrodman says:

Why American tourists don’t want to travel to Cuba
      Interest is waning a year after the country was opened up to U.S. visitors

• nimrodman says:

“The slide in demand has led a number of airlines to reduce or completely eliminate flights to the country, including Silver Airways, a Florida-headquartered domestic airline that dropped all nine of its planned routes to Cuba. Frontier is dropping its Miami-Havana route by June 4, after costs in Havana β€œsignificantly exceeded our initial assumptions,” a spokesman told MarketWatch. Spirit Airlines will drop its last flight to Cuba by June 1: β€œThe costs of serving Havana continue to outweigh the demand for service,” Spirit Airlines SAVE, -0.40% president and chief executive officer of Bob Fornaro said in April.

9. citizen817 says:

Brought on by themselves…still so sad!

10. nwtex says:

Britain’s Got Talent superstar Susan Boyle is ‘attacked by a gang of 15 youths who pelted her with stones as she waited at a bus stop and called her an old ugly b****’
    25 June 2017

Britain’s Got Talent star Susan Boyle is being cruelly taunted, intimdated and attacked by a gang of youths, it was reported last night.

Witnesses have claimed singing sensation Boyle, who suffers from Asperger Syndrome, is being ‘hounded’ by a group of 15 young people who live near her in West Lothian, Scotland.

The gang of mainly boys is said to have thrown a flaming piece of paper at her in one attack and pelted the buses she was riding on with stones in another.

The abuse is getting so bad that the 56-year-old’s representatives are said to be considering calling the police to ensure her safety.

The gang, which is also behind a string of attacks on locals, called her an ‘old ugly b****’ at the Mill Centre shopping mall in West Lothian, a witness told the Mirror.

They told the paper how they even attacked the bus she was riding on, saying: ‘They were throwing stones, screaming and shouting things.

‘Another time 10 to 15 of them were surrounding and throwing stuff. They lit a piece of paper and threw it at her face.’

Neighbours are said to have told the police that the gang of boys, aged 16 to 18, have been intimidating other locals too.

One woman, who says the gang are known to the community, said they racially abused her and threw a bottle which almost struck her on the head.
    […]

11. Dora says:

Frank Weston Benson – “SUMMER” (1909)

12. smiley says:

Across The Fields

acrylic/paper

ca 2009

April Lyons ~ Ireland/UK ~ Contemporary ~ studio painter ~ abstract ~ landscapes

more here…

πŸ™‚

13. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

photo a.m.20pelosi20weight.jpg

14. Dora says:

They can’t close them fast enough for me.

======

Planned Parenthood Permanently Closes Another Abortion Clinic in New Jersey

The Planned Parenthood abortion business has closed another clinic, this time in New Jersey. In recent weeks the Planned Parenthood abortion company has closed several abortion clinics nationwide. This brings the national total up to 17 this year.

15. Andrea Tantaros v Pete Snyder. The same Pete Snyder who was the self interested pompous jerk that ran for Virginia’s LG in 2013. Lied on the convention floor in order to get the nomination. Once he didn’t get the nomination he was never heard from again in the 2013 race or VA politics for that matter.

16. Serena says:

Awesome! Praise Jesus!!!!

17. Dora says:

Not ashamed to admit that I voted for this man. πŸ™‚

18. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day
    ✟
    β€œCast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.”
    Psalms 51:11 (KJV)

19. duchess01 says:

20. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

21. Dora says:

EPOCAL CHANGE IN SOCIETY: CHILD HAS THREE PARENTS AND LGBTQIA

Do you know what the acronym, “COTROAITOOCAOPUAWAORITFCOTCC” MEANS FOR SHORT? CHECK OUT THE ANSWER AT THE END OF THESE TWO STORIES IN THE NEWS!

AND HOW SHOULD THE CHURCH RESPOND TO THIS, JUST IGNORE? THROW IN THE TOWEL? OR GO DOWN IN A BLAZE OF ACRONYM GLORY?

• trapper says:

We have the secular power, through our representative government, as so we should, to regulate and define our civil relationships. We couold pass a law that says a person may have as many parents as they choose. All it really does is establish certain legal relationships and obligations. That’s all. Actually, in at least some states, an adopted child has always inherited from both his natural parents and his adoptive parents, so in effect he (or she) has four legal parents from an estate planning perspective.

• georgiafl says:

For all arguments – go to Genesis 1 – Jesus did.

• georgiafl says:

…or maybe it was Genesis 2….the creation of man and woman.

Romans 1:18-32 – plus the first two paragraphs of Romans 2 are great for analysis of the problem.

Romans 1 tells the story of the road to perdition and the rest of Romans gives us the road back to grace, salvation and glad obedience.

22. trapper says:

β€œit is to the sacred principles enshrined in the United Nation’s charter to which the American people will henceforth pledge their allegiance.”

Perhaps someone can help me out and point me in the right direction. The quote above is supposedly from an address delivered by GHW Bush to the UN General Assembly on February 1, 1992. I have been Googling this quote and, although I can find multiple web sites that so attribute it, I cannot find the speech itself, either in GHW Bush’s papers or in any contemporary news reports. In fact, it does not appear he even addressed the General Assembly in Feb of 1992.

Can anyone here confirm this quote and give me a source for the transcript for the entire address so I can read the quote in its context? Thanks.

• smiley says:

you piqued my interest b/c I’ve seen that quote before, too…

but not finding that particular UN speech anywhere.

here’s the page from “Public Papers”, archived at his Pres.Library website, for the year 1992, month of Feb..

you can also navigate around in the site…lots of various speeches, papers etc…if you’re so inclined.

wondering if that speech might have been made at the trilateral comm??

• trapper says:

Thanks. I’ve been all over the bush library site and can’t find it. I currently suspect it may be an outright fake, or at least inaccurately attributed. For instance, some folks think “God helps those who help themselves” is Biblical, but it is not.

• usnveteran says:

trapper ~
      I’m not sure about the particular quote but you may check out the beginnings of the UN Agenda 21 summits and search the “1992 Sustainable Development in the U.S. (Agenda 21)” were G.H.W. Bush signs the agreement in Rio to implement the UN Agenda 21 program …

Agenda 21 Explained, Full Version
      (hope this link works – there’s lots of A21 links on YouTube, at least for now):

“I Was There.” – Agenda 21 Whistle Blower:

23. Dora says:

Something to watch out for. It’s called ‘Solicitation by intimidation’ and it’s becoming a growing problem in NC. I’m sure it will spread to other states.

==

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Door-to-door salespeople are nothing new.

But police say a disturbing trend is starting to show up with what can only be described as aggressive solicitors.

• smiley says:

deterrent ideas..

doormat version

• usnveteran says:

Dora ~
      — We’ve had to deal with ‘aggressive solicitors’ here in Maryland the past few years. It usually begins when school breaks for the summer – not to say it is just young people doing this. One other thing to watch our for is that the solicitors may ask to come in for a drink of water or to use your phone or bathroom. Don’t do it.
      — One of the best investments I’ve made was to install a storm/screen door with a lock and latch. It will keep the solicitor’s foot out of your door and a give you a few seconds of protection to close and lock your inner door.
      — I have security cameras for my home and I will probably add an additional system with an intercom or speaker.

24. usnveteran says:

Just a ‘word-up’.
    In situations like this, the only thing we can do is pray and then avoid the area of these stories.
    We are bound to hear more of these reports. Awareness is the key to these incidents and we must not allow them to control our psyche.

June 27, 2017
    By Sam Rolley
    ‘Active Shooter Reported At Alabama Military Base’:
    — Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Ala., is currently on lock down amid reports of an active shooter situation. …

25. A update on the Misses Today Treepers..
    Thanks everyone for the PRAYERS & Blessings that ya’ll made for My Misses.. Angie..
    She is doing very well, except, She is NOT liking the drastic change in Her, (OUR) diet(s)..
    Baked & steamed ONLY, nothing fried..
    All that AWESOME Southern *FRIED* cooking Is gone out our Morning & evening Meals..
    as many here know, I’ve had “blood problems” so this is GREAT for Me as well.. ONLY now, If I get her, (Angie) to eat FISH… Everything can be “complete” so-to-speak..
    she is Starting Therapy this week.. For Speech, seems, THANK the Lord, this is the ONLY thing that was most effected..
    I’ve not posted much, as I’m now DOOMED to be a House-wife of sorts.., For the Time being,, (Well I helped around the house anyways, just taking up Her slack).. Cleaning, cooking, yadda, yadda, while the Misses is staying in bed for the Duration.. Not that I mind, I’m NOT getting fussed out as much.. πŸ˜‰
    So I’M not posting very much..
    So, Meanwhile, We are thinking of getting out of the Terrorist, (TOURIST) hole that is Wilmington, N.C. into somewhere, on the outskirts,,… Not as fast paced living, (Country preferred), in the near future I hope..
    We managed to scrape together our savings to about 10K Hoping it will be enough of a Down-Payment coupled with My VA Pre-Approved Loan to ,,,, Purchase Our OWN Home..! At least 20 miles outside of ILM…
    Getting the STRESS out of Our/Her hair, back to the Basic(s), very little internet, no Cable, Pigs/Cows & Chickens, and one YUGE GARDEN,, .. Is what the Misses wants..
    With this,, We will be able to GET OFF section 8 and OFF the .Gov Dole…
    Stay tuned..
    Sincerely David & Angie..
    I know WE are not the “best” looking folks, & this is a crappy picture.. But THIS is US…

(I hope this takes..)

• That picture was taken about 3 weeks ago, just before the Misses had her stroke.. (IN Late May)…

• Lucille says:

David and Angie, you look “best” to me! Character you have in abundance.

Strokes are such a bummer. Both my mother and her mother had them. I’ve just been diagnosed with my third autoimmune illness; so I’m hoping that the stroke bit skips me, just by way of giving me a little respite. Life!

As I’ve always said, the key to life is to keep on putting one foot in front of the other.

• auscitizenmom says:

{{{Hugs}}} to you both. I hope things continue to look up. My sister had a stroke about 10 years ago and has done well. She would have done even better if she had had some physical therapy. Has she completely remembered you? (I may have missed some of your posts)

• auscitizenmom says:

I hope that your own home is in the very near future.

• Ad rem says:

David and Angie….Thanks for enclosing the pic along with the updates. It’s always nice to see the real life images of those we’ve previously only known through hearts and words. Good thing you picked your branch at the Tree House so early too. You probably have one of our lower branches….easy access and less maintenance.

Here’s wishing you both continued courage and patience. You can’t keep good patriots down for long! πŸ˜€

• BigMamaTEA says:

crossthread, you two are beautiful.

Don’t worry about commenting. Just check in from time to time. (Or if you just need a little recharge; we’re here.)

Godspeed my friend. You both will be in my prayers. If there is anything we can help with, don’t hesitate to ask.

• amwick says:

So good that your Misses is home and healing.
      Good luck on your house hunting… That is exciting. I am down the road a bit in Myrtle Beach, most of the time, but I have gotten up to Southport, which was really, really pretty.
      I also like your picture, your eyes are smiling, which means your heart is too.
      Bless and keep you… both.

• Ddanna says:

It is so good to know things are better for you and Angie. Good luck on your move to the country. Chickens — I grew up in the country with chickens — they are beautiful and interesting animals!

• God bless yall!! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

26. Lucille says:

Gorsuch Dissents In Supreme Court Decision To Name Same-Sex Parents On Birth Certificates
    Jun 27, 2017 by Will Maule

27. Donna in Oregon says:

Irish Blessing

May the lilt of lush laughter lighten ever road,
    May the midst of Irish magic shorten every road.
    May you taste the sweetest pleasures
    that fortune ever bestowed,
    And may all your friends remember
    all the favors you are owed.

28. Lucille says:

Utah wildfire swells to nearly 50,000 acres

29. Janie M. says:

Just received this notice from the Consumer Product Safety Commission. These fireworks were sold at: Albertsons, Kroger, Meijer, Target, Wal-Mart and other retailers in Illinois, Ohio, Vermont and Wisconsin from May 2017 through June 2017 about $5. They can explode right after being lit.

30. Sentient says:

A good, 6 minute interview of Prof. Stephen F Cohen about the traitors within the intelligence community. Not sure when it was recorded, but it seems recent and was posted two days ago.

31. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

32. BigMamaTEA says:

33. BigMamaTEA says:

34. amwick says:

Just thought I would mention this,, here, near the end of the daily thread, buried, as it were, by many more import items. One year ago today, Loretta Lynch met Bill Clinton on the tarmac… Yes,,, it has been one year.
    HT William Jacobson, LI http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/06/one-year-ago-today-bill-clinton-secretly-met-loretta-lynch-and-everything-changed/
    Carry on.