President and First-Lady Welcome Panamanian President Juan Carlos Varela…

Earlier today President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump welcomed Panama’s President Juan Carlos Varela and first lady to the White House for a bilateral meeting.

[Transcript] 11:39 A.M. EDT – PRESIDENT TRUMP: It’s our great honor to have President and Mrs. Varela from Panama. And we have many things to discuss. We’re going to spend quite a bit of time today — the Panama Canal is doing quite well. I think we did a good job building it, right?

PRESIDENT VARELA: One hundred years ago.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: We did a very good job. But things are going well in Panama. The relationship has been very strong. We are developing new things to do and only getting stronger. And our — also friendship with the President is very, very good.

So I just want to thank you very much. And it’s an honor to have you at the White House. Thank you.

PRESIDENT VARELA: Thank you, Mr. President.

PRESIDENT VARELA: I would like to thank President Trump for — I would like to thank President Trump and his wife for receiving us today at the White House. It’s an honor for me to be here. There’s a long friendship between Panama and the United States, and we face the same challenges in the region. So the idea of this visit is to work closely together to face the same challenges that we have in the region of Central America and Latin America and in our continent.

So I’m really happy to be here today and for four days in Washington, and looking forward to this meeting and the meeting with the other directors of the agencies to establish — to work together very closely with the — President Trump administration for the future of the region.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you.

PRESIDENT VARELA: Thank you.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Again, thank you. Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you.

END  11:41 A.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Legislation, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to President and First-Lady Welcome Panamanian President Juan Carlos Varela…

1. sundance says:

FYI:

10:30 AM: President Trump receives his daily intelligence briefing
    11:30 AM: President Trump and the First Lady welcome President Juan Carlos Varela and Mrs. Varela of Panama
    11:35 AM: President Trump meets with President Varela
    11:50 AM: President Trump has a working luncheon with President Varela
    1:30 PM: Press Gaggle with Press Secretary Sean Spicer
    5:00 PM: President Trump participates in an American Technology Council roundtable
    6:00 PM: President Trump participates in an American Technology Council reception

• carrie2 says:

I love getting the 1600 news every day so you can see how busy and hard working our president is. I also like to see his face when listening to others – he concentrating on what is being said but I also think he can see what they are thinking and what they are saying may or may not be connected. No matter, out of courtesy he pays attention to the speaker, whomever it may be.

2. Ron says:

I think the MadMan just took credit for the Panama Canal 🙂

3. booger71 says:

Panama have some “challenges” is quite the understatement.

4. fleporeblog says:

Wonder if our President took some time to talk about the current CONCACAF Hexagonal Standings.

From the article linked above:

Known as “The Hex,” the six-team group sees each team play each other twice for a total of 10 matches. The top three teams automatically qualify for the World Cup, while the fourth-place team plays in a two-game playoff.

Right now the US is in third place with 8 points. Panama is in 4th place with 7 points. Every team has played 6 out of the 10 required matches.

5. indiana08 says:

Both first ladies look beautiful. That rose bouquet on the table is gorgeous!

6. sundance says:

7. Pam says:

8. Shoes…. Melania…….

9. Ron says:

I’m gonna die if in 8 years….

MELANIA runs for President. 🙂

• Ron says:

Oh damn, just remembered she can’t. Well, it was a good thought.

• Alexsandra says:

That is also part of her charm also. No worries about a Melania intrusion like with the overt ambition of the Clinton wife or the last one, OZero. I still live in dread one of them will rear their ugly head, sniping. But Melania is like a soothing breath of fresh air. It is not just her beauty and style, but also her calm demeanor. And not ambitious like the unmentionables in our rear view mirror, hopefully forever.

• Sherlock says:

She is absolutely stately.

10. CaliVet says:

I wonder if she has a twin sister who’s available? LOL

11. Visiting Panama is on my bucket list. A good friend told me it is worth at least one vacation visit.

On another note, think they talked about Venezuela?

12. El Torito says:

I have Panama on my bucket list also. One of my ancestors (verified through an uncle pro genealogist) is credited with discovering Panama: