Dr. Jack Sava of MedStar Washington Hospital Center provides an update on the medical condition of House Majority Whip Congressman Steve Scalise. Upon arrival at the hospital Mr. Scalise was in “critical condition with imminent risk of death”.

Representative Steve Scalise had numerous surgeries to stem bleeding and initial damage to internal organs, arteries and blood vessels. Mr. Scalise vital signs have now stabilized. More surgical procedures are anticipated.

While the overall medical outlook is better today than 48 hours ago, Mr. Scalise remains in critical condition within the intensive care unit at MedStar Washington.

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Death Threats, GOP DC Shooting, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

140 Responses to Medstar Washington Hospital Presser – Update on Steve Scalise From Dr. Jack Sava (video)…

1. Praying for Mr. Scalise

• redtreesquirrel says:

Praying daily for the Lord to heal his organs and repair his tissues so that he may be back with his family again, and hopefully even back in Congress. Amen.

• Yolanda Sander says:

Better PRAY – He is at the SAME hospital where Seth Rich was taken ALIVE, SAME DOCTOR….Seth also had info on Clintons DNC that THEY did not want Leaked. Wikileaks offers $20,ooo reward for info on Rich’s death (others offer rewards up to $250, 000. Speak even though your Voice Shakes. #Justice4SethRich #PizzaGate

2. fleporeblog says:

Treeper Bull Durham said it best on the Presidential Thread:

After that very candid medical report, we can be certain the Hand of the Lord was guiding the medical workers and then the hospital staff to save Steve Scalise’s life.

Christ has saved America, protects our President and is present because we have enough good souls praying for this troubled nation.

Keep at it, folks. We have the high moral ground and the Love of God on our side.

Be thankful in those prayers.

We have much to be thankful for despite all the troubles besetting America.

3. fleporeblog says:

4. Katherine McCoun says:

Anyone know how the other critically injured man is doing? the Tyson lobbyist?

• georgiafl says:

Matt Mika’s condition was upgraded a notch, but he will require more surgery. His family has not giving doctors permission to release information. On CTH, we have been getting some limited reports through the Mika’s church choir director.

• Mary says:

I will keep praying for all who were shot. What a terrible day for all affected, including the people of this country. I cry every time I think of this horrible day.

• georgiafl says:

Forgot to add:

The last surgery Matt Mika had was to rebuild lung and chest wall.

Rifle bullets do a LOT of damage.

Mr. Mika needs our prayers as well.

The only good thing about all our recent wars is the fact that many more surgeons are familiar with bullet wounds and how to treat them.

Battlefield and post-battle field experience is an intense education.

We do not realize how traumatized medical personnel become after caring for severely wounded patients. They also need our prayers and empathy.

• Xroads says:

Correct. And that was a bad bullet, taking a bad trajectory through a very critical area. He was blessed to have a former combat surgeon on the field with him. Prayers for all injured, indeed.

• Bakokitty says:

Thank you for mentioning to pray for the medical personnel too, many don’t think about the care givers who face many terribly injured patients, and yet put that aside to step up and do everything in their power, to save the injured. There is many a prayer said silently in an ER. for guidance from God.

• BigMamaTEA says:

“Rifle bullets do a LOT of damage.” Especially, when the bullet stays in the body, rather than a straight through.

• MaineCoon says:

The limited reports are not through Mika’s church choir director.

MY church choir director is giving me updates. We have a choir member who is Sr Advisor to a cabinet Secretary. The choir member has connection to the situation.

• MaineCoon says:

To correct below post:

The limited reports ARE NOT through Mika’s church choir director.

I do not have any additional information at this time since Matt’s surgery this morning.

I will post as I receive information, but I am limited in what I can post.

Matt needs ongoing prayer. Pray his body will respond positively to each surgery. Pray that God will guide the surgeons and all attending Matt. Pray God will prevent infection.

Pray God will bring His choice of His people to help in recovering.

Pray as lead.

Further surgeries will be necessary.

• MaineCoon says:

I posted early about having surgery this morning, but I have no information regarding how it went.

I will post information on the applicable threads, but also on the Open Thread.

• joleeinca says:

Matt Mika’s family released an update on his condition this morning, saying that while he is conscious and able to communicate with doctors and family through notes, he requires the assistance of medical equipment to breathe and will need more surgeries.

The family said Mika was shot several times in the chest and arm and suffered massive trauma. He underwent surgery Wednesday at George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C., and remains in the facility’s intensive care unit

5. maiingankwe says:

I’ve been so worried about him as I know so many of you have as well. Our prayers seem to be working, but we cannot stop now. I believe prayer is just as important now as it was at the beginning. As the surgeon said, there are still many forks in the road for him and his recovery.

I’ve had bone splinters and cartilage floating around in my hip joint, the ball part of it. It is extremely painful even though those bits can be small. I pray he does not suffer like I and so many others have. The damage he has is far worse than mine was, I believe extensively so. It is why I will continue to pray for him and his family. I’d love to see him run and play ball with his daughter, Madison by this time next year it in the fall. I know it would mean the world to both of them.

I appreciate the surgeon and his honest answers. I think it was wise to have done this media circus now rather than earlier.
    Be well good Treepers,
    Ma’iingankwe

• As far as bullet pieces floating around in Repr. Scalise’s body, that may not be as bad as it sounds. My Dad, USMarine at Iwo Jima and a couple of other places in the Pacific was wounded twice, survived quite well, but still had some schrapnel in his body for the rest of his long and productive life.

My mother and I use to offer up multiple prayers of thanksgiving that he was returned to us!

6. aredtailblog says:

This is getting as tense as finding out my aunt had cancer last year after calling up my then drunk mom and stepdad that night.

7. Notmeagain says:

This was Seth Rich’s surgeon at the same hospital.

8. Dr. Salva….hmmm. The same doctor that ‘treated’ Seth Rich. Good thing Trump paid a visit to the hospital.

• Joan says:

Just what everyone needs – more insinuations.

• judyw says:

It is healthy to notice ~ insinuations are for those who call them that. Sundance has demonstrated a superior ability to see patterns and connect dots when appropriate. He could not do that if he did not notice things first. 🙂

• Eileen says:

If this happened just once, to Seth Rich, I would agree with you, coincidental and not necessarily indicative of anything sinister. What is causing some confusion is that numerous people have come forward and said that Seth Rich was “walking around”, before being pronounced dead a few hours later. SD just revealed that Rep Scalise was not talking; initial reports have indicated that he was and was wide awake.

At some point, the skeptical reader would note that in both instances, there were conflicting reports of the scope of the initial injuries when admitted to the hospital. HIPAA laws mean that we really won’t see Seth Rich’s records and if something bad happens to Rep Scalise, we won’t see his records either. I read some reports that President Trump demanded a doctor change (or brought one of his own) since the reports of Rep Scalise’s condition worsening and now Rep Scalise is stable – always a good sign in a trauma unit. I have not been able to find other reports of the President’s visit, so I’m waiting for other sources to come out.

I am following this because if Rep Scalise suffers the same fate as Seth Rich – to me that raises a red flag and it really would put the head of surgery under scrutiny, which to me is a good thing. These may be insinuations right now. Just as in the Seth Rich case, these insinuations may become more than just internet rumor.

• Joan says:

It is not known what hospital Seth Rich was taken to and it is not known who the attending doctor was. To state otherwise is a bunch of conspiracy crap. http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/1st-responders-seth-rich-was-critical-in-our-ambulance/#!

• Mystery comment says:

Wrong, it is known by detective Rod Wheeler who has stated/confirmed that Seth Rich was taken to the Washington Med Star hospital, and the doctor who treated him there was written as Dr. Sava, supposedly the same dr Sava presented now. Its a huge red flag and coincidence, not a conspiracy. Almost all information regarding Seth Rich is being withheld, missing, or cannot be obtained via FOIA so you should be very careful being so dismissive when such a large scale cover up has been conducted regarding Seth Rich and now you are watching a doctor who was tied to his treatment and death treating a member of congress.

• Joan says:

I have found nothing where Rod Wheeler has said what hospital Seth Rich was taken to or what doctor or doctors attended to him. Please provide proof as to what you have alleged. Please also explain why Mr. Wheeler recanted on most of the information he did provide to Fox.

• I’ll just note that there is now some excellent investigation of the Seth Rich story that is operating around things at a very high level. Highly credible, lots of documentation – unraveling stuff like missing evidence and people changing stories (e.g., the Wheeler recantation). It is like the old 60 Minutes, pre-agenda. Expect big things coming.

• Well Joan,
            Common sense would tell me, that if I was a deplorable, I might want another doctor, or another hospital. But to each his own.
            By the way, do you know that Federal Dictrict Attornery for DC is Steve Wasserman , Ms. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s brother?

• Orygun says:

I am reminded of a Firesign Theater album that said “Everything you know is wrong”. Having lived through the Kennedy Assassination I am amazed the outright lies told to the public. It is good to have a little healthy skepticism especially when there is no need to be secretive.
          My historical references have mostly been biased or outright fabrications by the media.

• YvonneMarie says:

Agreed!

• Dr. Sava visited the white house 6 times, the last time was April 20, 2016. HIs wife, Lisa Kountoupes,visited 23 times.

• Joan says:

And you think that is proof that Dr. Sava killed Seth Rich? My God, no wonder the country is in such trouble.

• I think that is why the country is in such great trouble. it is a swamp!

• Joan says:

You make a comment to me that if I don’t read something, it didn’t happen? How stupid can you be? I said above that I do not believe everything I read. I guess you do.

• Joan says:

And I am done responding to your insane comments.

• Without thinking in any way of a conspiracy, when my Dad went into the hospital with a serious injury following an auto accident, my family IMMEDIATELY arranged for ALL FOUR of us, his children, plus spouses if possible, to be by his side more or less constantly on a rotating basis. First, sis from New Hampshire, then brother from Calif, then my husand and me from Oregon, then youngest sib from WashState.

We all flew or drove to Pensacola to be there. Took us just a couple of hours to organize the whole thing. He survived and returned to Calif, where a subsequent operation did him in. I’m still angry, but we are all still talking to each other, though sometimes through gritted teeth. Medical emergencies bring out the best and the worst in people!

9. Sherlock says:

Every hour that passes his chances for a recovery increase. If he can hang in another day or so more with no setbacks, I hope he’ll be in the clear. Human body is remarkable, just remarkable.
    Hope he is able to recover full functionality.

10. kinthenorthwest says:

Pray everyday for the good Lord to hold America, Trump, Pence & all our Good Patriotic American Politicians in his Comforting Protective hands.
    Do believe Scalise is in the Lord’s comforting protective healing hands the Lord guides the medical staff in healing & bring Scalise to full recovery.

11. Stringy Theory says:

He’s not out of the woods yet, by a long shot, but this report was as encouraging as it could be given the situation. We will all continue to pray for Mr. Scalise and his family.

12. This is so sad….my heart goes out to the Congressman and his family. Just so horrible.

13. Colorado Conservative says:

Sundance, appreciated you posting the video of the doctor’s statement as I had not clearly understood the extent of the Congressman’s injuries. Sending many healing prayers for ALL who were injured in this horrible event due to a far left whack job’s act of terrorism.

14. Mike diamond says:

Many prayers for the congressman,and the others !

15. Pam says:

When you consider the fact that Scalise was at deaths door when he was brought in on Wednesday and to hear the Dr’s say today that he has the chance to walk again and even possibly run is remarkable and a miracle. His wife’s statement really tugs at your heart. She really hit home with what she said about remembering the injured LEO’s. Without their intervention, there is no telling how many lives could have been lost including the help from Scalise’s security team. I hope and pray for the speedy recovery for all who were injured. Prayer does wonders 🙂

• carrie2 says:

And the former service med immediately started to take care of Scalise. God was good and this man was there to help save Scalise. He should receive a medal, President Trump for immediately jumping in and giving med care immediately which also helped Scalise to survive long enough for surgeries.

• PatriotKate says:

No doubt his deeds probably made all the difference in the world. God there? Absolutely, as who better to be there than a combat surgeon.

16. Patricia says:

Hello, I know that these injuries will be covered by Work Comp but is there a go fund me page for the Tyson lobbyist? There are a lot of expenses that happen for the injured and their families that are not covered by work comp. Thanks.

• Mary says:

Thanks Patricia. I’ve always been a little leery of GO FUND ME. I’ll get a gift card from my bank on Monday. How is his page listed?

• Patricia says:

Hi Mary. I don’t know how his page is listed but your gift card idea is perfect. Maybe Tyson Industries has info on how to contact or where to send get well cards? I’m leery of Go Fund Me too, because of their fees. I’ve still donated, only because sometimes its the best way to get funds to deserving causes. Have a good night!

• MaineCoon says:

Patricia & Mary,

I’ve forwarded your inquiries to my choir director. We have a choir member who has a direct connect to the situation.

I’ve been posting update on Matt in different threads. Look particularly on the Open Thread for a response to this one (if I can an answer).

Thank you both for your kindness.

(I’m not sure if Mary will see this so I’m post a “reply” to her also.)

• MaineCoon says:

Mary & Patricia,

Thank you both for your kindness.

(I’m not sure if Patricia will see this so I’m post a “reply” to her also.)

17. Ziiggii says:

James T. Hodgkinson, the shooter who opened fire on dozens of Republican congressmen and staffers at a baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia, on Wednesday, had a list of Republican names in his pocket that was recovered by the FBI, The Daily Caller has learned.

The news that the shooter had a list of names suggests the shooting was not a random outburst, but instead appears to be a premeditated political assassination.

The list was written out on notepad paper and found in the shooter’s pocket, according to multiple sources with intimate knowledge of the situation, who spoke on condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the investigation. The list of names included Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan and Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, TheDC has confirmed.

• Political Reviewer says:

Reading this makes it just that much more difficult for me not to hate…with a passion…those in government positions and their followers who would commit such evil. We not only need to pray for Rep. Scalise, his family, and all those who were shot by this madman, but we also need to pray for ourselves and other peace-loving Americans. Why? Because we can not allow evil to gain a foothold in our hearts and minds. We are living in perilous times and we must remain sober and vigilant.

• maiingankwe says:

Ziiggii,
      Was Scalise on the list, or was it just these three? It would be interesting to know what bills they were working on.

Thank you for this information.

• These anonymous leaks MUST stop! Why anonymous???? This is unconscionable. This could compromise the investigation. Or it could be a total or partial lie. There must be a better way to promulgate and protect this info, if the “leaker” suspect skullduggery on the part of the investigators.

Info is not vetted by editors. Whose handwriting on the notepad paper? What kind of notepad paper? Condition of paper? Fingerprints on paper? I mean, really, that’s just off the top of my head.

I’m really, really tired of this.

18. Peter says:

Sundance is it true the Congressman was investigating human trafficking and child abuse?

19. Tim Tarr says:

Breaking news at 6:30 PM
    The Assissin had a list with 3 name’s on it.

20. Patricia says:

The Pennsylvania State Trooper who survived the snipe ambush was shot thru the hip too. I think I read somewhere that he has had 18 surgeries, and counting. It’s a terrible wound to recover from. He will need all of our prayers and more.

21. Bendix says:

I find it bizarre that certain individuals who have had too much to say about what goes on in DC have kept their mouths shut when their condolences would be in order.

22. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Sundance, for posting this Press Conference with Dr. Sava!

What amazes me most about this tragedy is God’s coordination and timing – how so many people were brought together at just the right place and time – from the first responders to the surgical teams – together, they brought Rep Steve Salise to the improvement stage –

President Trump was correct in his thinking – Rep Steve Salise is a fighter!

Dr. Sava said his thinking is normally negative – but, he used the word ‘confident’ – and talked about possible future abilities and activities – even though the road ahead is a long one to full recovery – for all who have been praying unceasingly – this was great news – as I am sure it was for his family – who is most grateful for the unbelievable outpouring of LOVE!

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

23. Mystery comment says:

Its heartening that Trump lent his own doctor to help oversee the treatment of Salise. Until Dr Sava is on public record answering all questions in with regards to Seth Rich, remain very cynical.

24. Jason Deplore says:

Dr jack sava… wasnt he the one who tried to save seth rich??

• Joan says:

Vicki thinks Dr. Sava is responsible for Seth’s death. Go figure.

• kittytrump84 says:

Many people think it. One reason is because someone claiming to be an intern taking care of Seth Rich had a lot to say (on reddit) about some odd occurrences he experienced when he was involved in the care of Seth Rich. You might be able to google it.

• dizzymissl says:

How do you know the person posting that on reddit is not some wackjob lefty intern trying to stir up a conspiracy?

• Joan says:

I read what that supposed doctor had to say on Reddit. No way to determine whether it is a truthful account. Lots of people post lots of things that have no connection to facts. But it is difficult to believe that many, many, many people in whatever hospital Rich was in conspired in his death. And no one but the Reddit poster had anything to say about it?

Personally, I believe the Rich death is very suspicious and that there should be an honest investigation but I would not take the word of some unknown source on Reddit as to what actually happened. I also don’t take the word of unknown sources at WaPo, CNN, etc. for anything.