Day #2 – Arab Islamic American Summit…

Schedule Sunday starts 2:00 am EDT – There is a 7 Hour time difference between the U.S. (EDT) and Saudi Arabia. President Trump’s schedule for Sunday, 5/21/17 – (all times are local /eastern):

♦ 9:00 am / 2:00am EDT – The president participates in a bilateral meeting with the King of Bahrain – The Ritz-Carlton
♦ 9:20am / 2:20am EDT –  The president participates in a bilateral meeting with the Amir of Qatar – The Ritz-Carlton
♦ 9:50am / 2:50am EDT – The president participates in a bilateral meeting with the President of Egypt – The Ritz-Carlton

♦ 11:10am  / 4:10am EDT – The president participates in a United States Gulf Cooperation Council Meeting – The King Abdulaziz Conference Center
♦ 12:45pm / 5:45am EDT – The president participates in a bilateral meeting with the Amir of Kuwait – The Ritz-Carlton
♦ 1:05pm / 6:05am EDT – The president participates in a bilateral meeting with the Deputy Prime Minister of Oman – The Ritz-Carlton
♦ 2:25pm / 7:25am EDT – The president participates in a reception with Heads of State – The King Abdulaziz Conference Center
♦ 3:00pm / 8:00am EDT – The president participates in the Arab Islamic American Summit Luncheon – The King Abdulaziz Conference Center
♦ 4:15pm / 9:15am EDT – The president participates in the Arab Islamic American Summit – President Trump Speech – The King Abdulaziz Conference Center
♦ 7:50pm / 12:50pm EDT – The president participates in the Inauguration of Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology – Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology
♦ 8:25pm / 1:25pm EDT – The President participates in remarks at Tweeps 2017
– The Ritz-Carlton

Livestream Below:

This entry was posted in President Trump, Saudi Arabia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

313 Responses to Day #2 – Arab Islamic American Summit…

1. sundance says:

2. wheatietoo says:

3. wheatietoo says:

4. Aqua says:

This entire event has been so well orchestrated, and put together in very short order–President Trump has only been in office since January! Yet, for the President, Wilbur and TRex and McMaster, this looks like a pace they are all familiar with- getting things done, well and on time!

All this work was done while the NYT has been on fake news–how that paper’s stature and reputation has fallen. And there are a number of US companies that will be delighted with these trade deals–jobs and contracts!

Thank you for all the articles and photos-this is fascinating.

5. First Lady Melania is truly Ethereal, such love in her face, true love and joy with children 🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸

• Thank you Lord God Almighty for your love and mercy. Thank you Lord God Almighty for the gift of President Trump. With you both on our side moving through the world and most importantly here in our precious, beautiful Republic hope is restored, joy is finding its’footing again, in Your holy name I pray, Amen 🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸 So proud of you President Trump & First Lady Melania, thank you both for your grace, strength and courage 🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸

6. Michelle says:

He’s inspiring them to be different instead of demanding they be different. You can’t annihilate Saudi Arabia.

7. abstain says:

As I look at the pictures of this historic trip, I keep seeing bouquets of Hydrangeas so I thought I’d see if they had a meaning.
    “HYDRANGEA – Thank You for Understanding, Frigidity, Heartlessness ”
    Certainly a mixed message there.

Do the Saudi swords have two edges?
    “From the notion that if two sides of the same blade are sharp, it cuts both ways. The metaphor may have originated from the Arabic expression سَيْف ذُو حَدَيْن (sayf ḏū ḥadayn, “double-edged sword”). In the Bible, the word of God is described as a being sharper than a double-edged sword.”

These are interesting people. I’m so thankful that we have intelligent representation abroad now instead of Obama and his group of political dunderheads.

• CathyMAGA says:

I wouldn’t read that much into it. If anything, the green aspect was more important- the predominate color used everywhere there if you notice…lots of shades of green. Even in their decor.

• Pigg says:

The color green has only the aspect that it’s the purported favorite color of mohammad and the color of many, including the Saudis flag. Green means nothing more than their are islam slaves.

• Green brings relief in a land of sand.

• Shadrach says:

Green refers to “hope” and “renewal” in their rugs. I assume it means the same in non-rug items 🙂

• CathyMAGA says:

It also means intelligence, money, renewal, etc. I have have a LOT of green in my house.(pale muted greens, not hunter-not seafoam, not aqua, not teal- just to be clear. :)) Always been attracted to it. But never a lot of money, so….not sure if that means I’m not intelligent, LOL…

• I would like to know what loose lips Dina Powell is doing there? She is very bad news. At least we know who Maggie Haberman will be getting her info from.

• Regina says:

It’s worth remembering that there were No Leaks about all of this – no twist that the President was coddling to Muslims, etc. If Dina Powell was truly a threat, don’t you think that would have happened?
        Cernovich is becoming a little toxic, imho – grain of salt required

• Wend says:

Agree. 60 Minutes interview was BF’s first exposure and he did not get a good vibe. Of course, anyone is good compared to the insufferable Scott Pelley, but BF still did not care for Cernovich. Said he was a snake-oil salesman.

• Trump2020 says:

Better to keep her close so you can keep your eyes on her. Also much harder for her to open her trap to Maggie from afar than in the WH. If she tries to do anything outside the country, it would be easily traced right to her!

• LULU says:

We do not know that Dina Powell leaked to the mendacious anti-Trump Maggie Haberman. This could be more media mischief. I remain skeptical. Go and read Powell’s Wikipedia bio. Covers her from childhood.

It also talks about her “friendship” with Ivanka Trump (the old “guilt by association game”. Powell says they met when she was invited to a luncheon (of powerful women) Ivanka gave as part of her push to advance women. They did not know each other before then. Go and read…

• imprimipotest says:

Meanings attributed to this or that, such as colors and flowers have varied greatly.

But the strict or ‘literal’ fact or truth about hydrangeas is that they require reliable water and shade, both items that are highly esteemed and of very great value in desert lands.

• carole says:

Most, if not all names from our own Bible, Old and New Testaments have opposite meanings like this: the heavenly and the earthly. Thank You for Understanding comes from God. Frigidity, Heartlessness never comes from God but from man believing himself separated from God. The Arab American Summit is full of hope. As our President Trump said to the Kind of Bahrain: “It has been a little strained, but it won’t be strained with this Administration.”

• auscitizenmom says:

I always saw them as political traitors. I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

8. Pam says:

9. Pam says:

• thesavvyinvester says:

Again the whole raison d’etre of Ivanka and Jared is to be the tip of the spear when it comes to business relationships, if they like you and trust you they will do business with you. Look who she is building bridges with in this picture. If their is “reform” in Saudi society could any one of these women be movers and shakers in “x” number of years especially in politics? Even after PDJT is out of office, team Trump can be referred to find someone to talk to in the Kingdom to get something done, the relationship has been established. MAGA, and no I am not tired of winning….

10. Pam says:

11. Dora says:

I’m so glad he is there too.

• SSI01 says:

Everybody looks a little bleary-eyed – understandably.

All the American women look FANTASTIC because of one thing – so far I have been unable to detect any of them with a head covering. Not only that – the Saudi media is quite willing to publish photos of them just that way. Reporting does not make mention of one untoward comment from anyone in the Saudi media or elsewhere. Now, I’m not naive, and I know the press is controlled but in the past there’s always been a certain degree of bitching by the press if someone violated protocol. A number of prominent female European “leaders” have visited and been required to be covered, and the Saudi press commented. Not so this time.

Another possible reason for this lack of head covering is the part of Europe Melania is from had some TERRIBLE experiences with Islam and Arabic culture in general and I’m sure she was taught this at her parents’ knee as a child. If you, in WH protocol, demanded she wear a hijab you’d probably first be on the floor with a couple of shiners, plus a broken nose and badly bruised shins. After that, you’d be on the street – unemployed.

I am certain the Saudi head of state himself went out of his way to ensure they would not have to don any headgear while visiting, and told his aides and protocol people personally not to cause a ruckus about this. It would take that kind of horsepower to let them run around bareheaded in Saudi Arabia, the “keeper of Islam.” Over there, little things mean a lot, and to me it is part of the measure of the lengths this ruler is willing to go to in order to reestablish a productive relationship between the US and Saudi Arabia..

• skeinster says:

I admit I’ve been on “headscarf watch” and have been pleased to see how the issue has been handled.

• I have been there. Even as a visitor from other countries you are not expected to cover your heal unless you go visit their mosques. Then they want you to put a scarf or something like that!

• LULU says:

We used to be expected to cover our heads if we went to a wedding at a Catholic church.

There is nothing about hijab in the Koran. Just modest dress. The hijab is believed to be a male Muslim-placed imposition on the women.

• hippielouie says:

catholic women had to wear head covering when entering church (not referring to nuns)

• bamachick18 says:

Episcopal churches too

• Whole English-speaking world, actually, when going out of the house. Most women felt they had to wear gloves, too. About 1960s or so, that vanished, almost overnight. I was out of the country during that time, so did not know until I got back to the States..

• P.S. Was custom, which is stronger, by far, than law. And, just as in many Muslim countries today, the US/UK custom was enforced by eyerolls, frowns and serious stares from other women.

• G. Combs says:

Yes, as a child I always wore, a pretty dress, white gloves and a hat when attending Church in the 1950s, 1960s (Episcopal) and into the 1970s (Lutherian) It was a matter of respect for the Lord our God.

• heidi says:

Does Islam require women to cover themselves?

Yes. There is some disagreement as to whether the face should be veiled, but almost all scholars agree that a woman’s hair should be covered. The covering of cloth is supposed to keep the sexual appetites of passing men at bay when women travel outside the home. This might even save a woman’s life, since she is usually assumed to bear the responsibility of unlawful sexual encounters and thus subject to stoning.
              In 2011, an imam at a supposedly moderate mosque in Sammamish, Washington claimed that Muslim wives wear the hijab because they want to, but then stated that they may be “punished” if they refuse. In Pakistan, uncovered women are routinely attacked with acid. In Iran, Basij fundamentalists have raped and killed dress code violators.

Clerics, such as Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali, have said that unveiled victims of public rape invited their attackers: “If I came across a rape crime – kidnap and violation of honour – I would discipline the man and order that the woman be arrested and jailed for life.’ Why would you do this, Rafihi? He says because if she had not left the meat uncovered, the cat wouldn’t have snatched it… If you take uncovered meat and put it on the street, on the pavement, in a garden, in a park or in the backyard, without a cover and the cats eat it, is it the fault of the cat or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem.”

• Wend says:

I remember doing that when I went into mosques in Turkey. No big, just put any little schmata on top of the head-

• Tonawanda says:

I think you are exactly right.

And that means something BIG is happening.

• snarkybeach says:

F&F had an analyst on that said female heads of state are conferred honorary male status and thus did not have to wear a hijab.

• Ron says:

Melania 1. exudes class and 2. has so much power and money … that I doubt anybody on the earth could make her do even the slightest inconvenience if she didn’t want to do it. There’s absolutely no benefit to her covering her beautiful hair. If there were a good reason for it I’m sure she’d do it, but she’s not going to kowtow to some ridiculous oppressive ideal.

Now, if she visits a kitchen and hands out food to the homeless? She’ll probably put a hair net on like everyone else for sanitary reasons. She’ll look good doing it, too.

• psadie says:

Condi Rice, HRC, Moochelle, and other dignitaries have not worn head scarves so the Arabs really shouldn’t require any Westerner to wear a scarf…it is staggering enough to cover the body in that heat!

• Landslide says:

Happy to see this brilliant young man! Was wondering if he attended any of the ceremonial events/dinners. Of course, if he was tweaking the ‘speech heard ’round the world’, then Ritz-Carlton room service is probably excellent 🙂 God bless you and give you wisdom, Stephen.

• Ron says:

Donald Trump’s MVP? I think so.

12. Question Everything says:

“The president participates in a United States Gulf Cooperation Council Meeting – The King Abdulaziz Conference Center”

And CNN will scream “SEE TRUMP IS PLAYING GULF!!!! What? Oh….never mind.”

13. fedback says:

Saw some excerpts from the speech.
    Powerful stuff

• missmarple2 says:

Yes. I have seen some as well.

Been up since 4 and am thinking I might lie down, but then I am afraidI will miss the speech, which I wanted to see live.

I guess I will get another cup of coffee.

14. missmarple2 says:

Excerpt from the speech via Daily Mail:

Our friends will never question our support, and our enemies will never doubt our determination. Our partnerships will advance security through stability, not through radical disruption,’ the speech reads.

‘We will make decisions based on real-world outcomes – not inflexible ideology. We will be guided by the lessons of experience, not the confines of rigid thinking. And, wherever possible, we will seek gradual reforms – not sudden intervention.’

‘Our goal is a coalition of nations who share the aim of stamping out extremism and providing our children a hopeful future that does honor to God,’ Trump will say.

• Landslide says:

Thanks for bringing this. I’ll miss the live speech, but will listen the very first minute I can. It’s going to be a beautiful speech. As long as Stephen is writing, I’m glued to listening!

15. BMG says:

Incredible energy by 71 yr old POTUS! 12 hr transatlantic trip and hits the ground running with non-stop meetings and looking fresh.

MAGA! and MTWGA! (Make The World Great Again.)

The Founding Fathers would be very proud!

• Question Everything says:

Great point! With all that is going on I forget at times that he is 71. It’s very easy to view him as much younger with his energy and zest for our country and winning.

16. El Torito says:

Mistakes will be made, feelings will be hurt. Those who can change with the times will be able to take advantage of the positive economic changes afoot.

17. Question Everything says:

Never in my 50 some odd years have I ever paid one second of attention to these kind of trips and dealings but this time I just can’t get enough. I scan the internet and TV looking for every little scrap I can find. The only thing that has changed is we have President Trump and I still can’t believe that America voted for our own survival. We are living through history and I have to say even though it may be a bit stressful it is also very exhilarating. One more thing that I love is that President Trump did the first leg of this trip not only in SA but on a weekend. I have to believe that many Americans are paying attention and that it is actually sucking the air out of all the lying that goes on in the media. They will be pulling their very last hair out by day 10….lol.

18. fedback says:

Abbas is there

19. Tonawanda says:

Bannon and Miller walk in together.

20. Pam says:

21. Bob Thoms says:

I have watched one minute of MSM coverage, CTH has been most excellent…..thank you Sundance and thank you Treepers…..your comments, links, videos, pictures, and overall observations have been great. A joy to have the CTH as a resource.

• Bob Thoms says:

“I haven’t” …

• Bendix says:

I watched maybe two minutes from the BBC the other day, their godawful reporter starting arguing against Trump with the Arab spokesman, she’s not even American, I had to turn it off. All I wanted was to see the pretty balloons they were preparing.

22. Pam says:

23. Pam says:

24. Tonawanda says:

Speech will be on OAN.

Makes it easier to follow comments on CTH!

25. Pam says:

26. Pam says:

27. Pam says:

28. Pam says:

29. Pam says:

• Concerned Virginian says:

Almost all of the comments related to this photo of Ivanka in the blue suit are NASTINESS EMBODIED. Some commenters even included clips of people flashing handfuls of money (translation: money buys everything, especially if your President Trump’s daughter) and one clip of a female (I think a prostitute) flashing money. YUCK.

30. Tonawanda says:

On this trip Trump is getting a definitive positive response from Arab world to a question long asked without an answer:

If the brutal terrorism in fact is not based on actual islam (as you say) then why haven’t you done anything to defeat it?

Trump (apparently) has changed that dynamic entirely.

• Ron says:

Scott Adams’ persuasion on full display. Scott has said for a couple years now that the way to beat ISIS is to talk people out of becoming ISIS fighters. Yes, that simple. So for instance, if you make it ridiculous to be ISIS and make them look like morons, young kids will be less inclined to sign up.

So Trump’s speech where he’s talking about Terrorists don’t worship God, they worship death… stuff like that is extremely powerful.

31. Pam says:

32. Pam says:

33. Pam says:

34. Pam says:

35. Pam says:

Let me try it again.

36. Pam says:

37. cheekymeeky says:

38. President Trump is drying up the Progressive Money Supply from the Muslim World.

He’s drying up the Uniparty RINO Wing’s Money Supply from the Corporate World.

He’s drying up the Uniparty PROG Wing’s Vote Supply from
    • Americans who Dual-Register and Dead-Man Vote,
    • Illegals who Self-Deport,
    • Hispanics & Blacks who snap up the Illegals’ Jobs and outlive the Cartel Drug Supply,
    • And now MUSLIMS who appreciate his leadership for Muslim-World Peace, for Islam Pacification, and for the ability of non-terrorist Muslim to peaceably co-exist in non-Muslim countries.

WINNING.

39. Rudy, when I was raising my children, I wanted to instill a love of reading in them. Therefore, I provided lots of interesting books. I also gave them all their own flashlight. Then I made a rule, that they were never supposed to read, under the covers, using a flashlight, when they should be sleeping. They all became voracious readers. The path to a particular goal does not have to include force, threats, or ultimatums. Use of natural inclinations is a much surer way of accomplishing permanent goals.

40. Newt Gingrich offers a terrific INSIGHT:

The Saudi camerawork BRILLIANTLY EDUCATES both their own nation and the Muslim World in a way they have heretofore never done.

Observation: In stark contrast, America’s MSM cameras MALICIOUSLY INDOCTRINATE and OBFUSCATE every constructive and successful act of the most capable President in American history.

41. Notice how our smiling Wilburine is already cutting the next BIG DEAL on-camera with Muslim leaders who don’t want to go last.

42. Have you EVER seen so many smiling Muslim faces in one place in your life?

Not one is glowering.
    Not one is “wish-I-wasn’t-here”.
    Not one is eye-rolling.

Looks like American Liberals didn’t make the cut.

43. LULU says:

They all look as though they are having a very good time!

Our president is a likable man. We saw that in the hundreds of thousands – millions – who flocked to his campaign events. They were joyous events (except for the protesters).

44. joninmd22 says:

Somewhere on a golf course Barry Obama is curled up and crying ” Valerie, make the bad man stop!”

45. Angry Dumbo says:

How successful is the Summit? We haven’t heard a single word from CAIR. They don’t want to call attention to how 180 degrees out of phase they are.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Hasn’t CAIR been deemed a terrorist organization
      by some countries in attendance there?

• Angry Dumbo says:

Point is CAIR is the go-to for the press to complain about Trump. They have been silenced, means that they have nothing to say or they are busy building a narrative. I think they are simply waiting to build a narrative. The media sucks. This is victory. They have nothing substantive to say until they can built a house of cards to tear down.

Slaying straw men is all Obama/the media ever did.

MAGA – real lives, real issues, real impact

46. Nunya Bidness says:

Meanwhile, a group of children at Notre Dame University plan to walk out on the speech by VP Pence to show their “resistance” to Trump. They don’t even know what is going on in the world, but they know they don’t like Trump – their professors told them so! Good luck with holding that pose when you have to work a real job.

47. duchess01 says:

48. Jenny R. says:

Playing nice helps in the whole defanging process.
    I don’t think it’s wise to trust them, or like them (I actually don’t believe in the BFF theory of geopolitics anyway) but the U.S. cannot take this on by ourselves (and it would be preferable if we stood far back due to recent history), and the states at this meeting are probably our best diplomacy customers right now because their backs are against the wall — that makes them a little more workable due to the laws of selfishness.
    And they got jacked over nice and hard by Hill and Barry….so that’s a nice card to play with them too.
    And that’s it; that’s the only reason for this — it’s a key area of the world, so you can’t completely forget about it. This is just business.

49. Rosech says:

Thank you again Last Refuge/Sundance because I have thoroughly enjoyed watching ALL of what has transpired in Saudi Arabia. Trump was received with honor and esteem. Trump knows the Art of the Deal and so his speeches underlined that THEY must be involved and will be BIG winners by working together to overcome the ME problems. The impossible said of Trump means he know how to greet, meet and invite people to do things they thought couldn’t be done but now know they can and will. A great business man knows how to connect, embolden, raise their spirits, let them see who they are and what they can do. I truly enjoyed the King of Jordan and the leader from Indonesia speeches in response to Trump’s speech. They can now all get together and work together to improve the ME because Trump told them they could. He treats them with respect and courtesy with no bowing, and they even treated Melania as a very special person AND woman, and I wonder now if these ME countries will empower the everyday woman. Trump was the first or near first to encourage and raise women in his business to officer positions, so, yes, he was meant to say this and encourage the men there to recognize that women are and can be very powerful part of their future. Not to treat them as procreates or slaves, but partners in the future of these muslim countries. I admire our President with the skills necessary to connect and at the same time get people to listen and be on his side because they see him on their side! We have been blessed! Now, on to drain the many swamps in America so it can get it together for a better future with freedom and rights. That swamp is being drained as we blog but they don’t know it. Karma is like that, it sneaks up and BANG! Like Trump firing Comey away in CA and then Sessions goes in to the FBI and takes all Comey’s files/tapes/etc. so now Comey is on very thin ice, along with the Clinton who he has covered for way too many hears.