President Donald Trump held an informal luncheon with news reporters and TV anchors today in advance of the upcoming international visit.  Brett Baier reports President Trump was relaxed, warm and comfortable and showing no change in disposition from all prior encounters. Most of the discussion was off the record, however the president did release the following response to a question from one of the participants at the meeting:

Reporter Question:You made a point about the special counselor and and you believe it hurts this country” —

President Trump: “I believe it hurts our country terribly, because it shows we’re a divided, mixed-up, not-unified country. And we have very important things to be doing right now, whether it’s trade deals, whether it’s military, whether it’s stopping nuclear… all of the things that we discussed today. And I think this shows a very divided country.

It also happens to be a pure excuse for the Democrats having lost an election that they should have easily won because of the Electoral College being slanted so much in their way. That’s all this is. I think it shows division, and it shows that we’re not together as a country. And I think it’s a very, very negative thing. And hopefully, this can go quickly, because we have to show unity if we’re going to do great things with respect to the rest of the world.”

~ President Donald J Trump

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, FBI, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Russia. Bookmark the permalink.

373 Responses to President Trump Releases Additional Statement on DOJ Special Counsel Appointment…

1. BSucre says:

I love this president

2. BSucre says:

YEAHHH! I WAS FIRST!

3. Not to mention all the taxpayer money spent on endless investigations.

4. Steele81 says:

I never tweet, but have begun to now to show my support for our President Trump. I tweet under my name and if it causes me trouble the so be it. I am praying night and day for our President and our country.

• thluckyone says:

GREAT to hear from you Steele81 and THANK YOU for praying! – the most powerful spiritual tool available to humanity! YES to prayers “for our President and our country”! BLESS YOU! PLEASE, don’t stop! MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!

• noritadek says:

I rarely send emails to our rep in Congress, but yesterday I sent one to O’Connell that it was not very nice, but completely truthful. Also I use my name (they request it) and if I am in trouble, so be it! They have to realize that our President has all our support and they Congress) have to stop this non sense.

• aqua says:

Me, too, only I started last year, when I got so frustrated about what was happening.
      I love the work our President is doing.

And with all our prayers….more good things will come.

• kittytrump84 says:

Are you Steele81 on twitter? I will follow you

• CiscoKid says:

We need to show our support for President Trump and each other Steele81.
      Make no mistake about it, we stand shoulder to shoulder in the trenches.
      The war against Trump started way before the election.
      This is just another battle to be fought.
      🚂🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 I’m not getting off the Trump train. Next stop 2020

• deanbrh says:

Steel81, I would suggest tweeting under your own name can be dangerous. We’re not dealing with normal people…..the rabid leftists have no respect for life or limb except their own. There is no reason you must tweet under your own name or use your own name on ANY social media, which is why you are Steel81 here. hey, are you 81? That’s my age.

5. rumpole2 says:

The point is….
    As long as there are “investigations…” those opposed to Trump can USE that as a narrative..

“Trump is under investigation”

And of course imply that Trump is GUILTY (no smoke without fire)

The Washington Swamp are of the view “Ya gotta have Investigations”. They are part of a NEVER ENDING game.

• Howie says:

The endless uniparty investigation.

• Chgonana539 says:

Let’s all call/email Lying Ryan for the next few days. He says they must get to the bottom of this. Why was he never interested in getting to the bottom of anything Obama did including giving loads of our taxpayer money to Iran. Demand that he come out and support our President.

• nontroll says:

PDJT will be under investigation for 8 years. Get used to it. Nobody said this would be easy.

• Janie M. says:

rumpole2m, because that is all they are capable of doing. They want to give the appearance of performing work for we the people. Remember… SD gave us his 4 part series which revealed Congress doesn’t draft legislation – the attorneys, etc., for their corporate donors/lobbyists fulfill that function.

6. helmhood says:

Overall, a positive and uplifting message, the desire to bring Americans together to accomplish great things.

“It also happens to be a pure excuse for the Democrats having lost an election”

And may they lose many more, Mr. President. God bless and Godspeed!

7. amusedinil says:

Benghazi attacks: 9/11/12
    Last Benghazi investigation ended: 12/11/16
    Days Elapsed: 1,553 days
    Evidence found: 00

You’re owed another 1,200+ days. Enjoy. EVERY. LAST. ONE. of them.

8. Lawrence says:

Is this smoke or fire?

• El Torito says:

Why now?

• patrickhenrycensored says:

“There’s a new front opening here. I have reason to believe that there are emails between Clinton campaign officials, democratic operatives to the Department of Justice regarding the Clinton email investigation that happened on Obama’s watch. I have reason to believe those emails exist.

I’m on the Judiciary Committee. And I think it’s important that the Judiciary Committee be given any emails that were directed to the Department of Justice by Clinton campaign officials or operatives because we have jurisdiction over the Department of Justice.”

• fleporeblog says:

Why? Because our LION sent out a roar this morning that could be heard all around the swamp! This POS is running in 2020! The same year that the Lion will run to be reelected. He has picked two fabulous people from the state of SC to be on his team (Mick Mulvaney and Nikki Haley). Both were considered dangerous picks that to date have been fantastic. That builds tremendous leverage in a state.

When a President is on the election ticket, everything is multiplied by 100. Including the primary that could have this POS taken to the woodshed. This moron knows it and has decided to toss his chips into the mix so that he can walk away having the support of our President! The ART OF THE DEAL!

• CiscoKid says:

Timing. And what better time than now.

• Howie says:

Election coming up.

• conservalicious says:

Is this smoke or fire?
      I say it’s BOTH!

• blessdog says:

i have good reason to believe that NOTHING will ever happen to hillary, willie, obama…
      nothing, nada, zilch, zero –

just keeping it real – i think we need to not even focus on that, or dreaming that Trump or Session’s are secretly setting anyone up to drop the axe on them
      as much as i dream of ROD HAM being led away in cuffs…

• kittytrump84 says:

Maybe Miss Graham has shit up her neck with Comey out. I think she is hedging her bets.

• andi lee says:

Is Lindsey Graham on the Trump Train???

• Mr. Morris says:

No, Miss Lindsey is not on the Trump Train. He is on the McCain Train. You know John McCain, the never Trumper who fetched the truth challenged “Golden Showers” dossier and gave to Jim Comey then head of the FBI.
        It is logical to assume John McCain might be one of the leakers of classified information to the press. Do you think he is invincible or will he be under investigation because of this? Mr. McCain has pockets full of money from George Soros and other left wing donors so he does not worry about potential legal fees.

• E C says:

I would say it is the uniparty coordination of responses. Okay Lindsay you’re running for reelection next year, this is what the people in your state want therefore we allow you to say what they want to hear. No worries. We have others to beat the drum for us…

• CiscoKid says:

“Why do you have reason to believe…”
      Well golly gee, just like you media whores believe Trump colluding with the Russians to influence the election.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Hmm…. Not a fan of Lindsey’s. Never, ever. But I have noticed just recently he hasn’t been number 1 in line to lick McCain’s boots on each and every negative statement about President Trump. Maybe he has done some internal polling or focus grouping and discovered he needs to cover himself? Very puzzling. This will be interesting to watch.

• Ron says:

He’s from SC… the SC governor is a big supporter of Trump, and Trump dominated the state. We just had a special election to replace one of the guys Trump hired (I think it was Mulvaney)…. all of the people that ran for the seat went overboard praising Trump, one guy was giving away an Ivanka Trump handbag, another guy was basically a Mini-Trump, etc. So South Carolina has gone Trump crazy.

Lindsey has to be feeling at least SOME pressure that he didnt’ anticipate.

9. indiana08 says:

The democrats prove, along with the corporate media and RINOs, they don’t care about the American people. They don’t care about those of use who lost our jobs and insurance under Obama’s policies. They don’t care about the $20 trillion in debt that future generations not even yet born will have to pay back, if they even get born. They don’t care about all the carnage in the middle east they help cause. They only care about power. They don’t care who they hurt or how many they hurt to get it. They offer no solutions to the Nation’s problems just accusations about a good man (Donald Trump). That won’t be lost on a lot of people. Just like when the democrats lost because they offered up a corrupt rape enabling career criminal who offered nothing and who stood for nothing except her own self interest.

10. Martin says:

It’s also a process-oriented buying of time, so the Deep State operatives can do their best to cover some tracks. They’ll find, however, that getting what you think you want – when conceived in anger and hatred – rarely turns out to be what you actually get. They’ve opened a can of worms, and they’ll dearly regret it.

11. Niagara Frontier says:

What a wonderful, heartfelt statement. I love the man. You can’t more plain speaking than that.

Rest assured though that the media and other enemies of this country will twist and turn these same words into an attempt to influence the special counsel and obstruct justice. Yes, they are that predictable and evil.

12. not2worryluv says:

We Deplorables are part of the witch hunt as well.

We stand with you President Trump!

13. Gil says:

I love my my family, my country, and my president. Be careful what you wish for, we will fight back.

• fleporeblog says:

Howie and BD posted the following yesterday and I feel their words even more today to the core of my heart!

Howie posted the following:

Could not wait. Called the county HQ gave em hell. So bad they hung up. Fear Factor. It was FUN!!!! Told em’ if they mess with Sir Donald I will be their worse nightmare next year. I will picket! He panicked. You can get right through to the locals. Trickle up FEAR!

Bull Durham posted the following:

This comes down to 65 million voters, about one third of whom have weapons, standing up to about a hundred thousand Deep State traitors in DC. Time we show them that we know Liberty requires freshing with blood of tyrants and sacrifices by patriots.

Elites fear us deeply. They are terrified that the LEO guns, the rank and file armed forces’ guns are with the 65 million voters and this President.

We ain’t playing nice no more. This is our country. We are here to take back our government.

They have ruined the nation for half a century. We are going to drain the swamp and MAGA, and a few dead Deep State mean nothing to us. They can hide but they can’t run. They have to show their faces and expose their asses. They want power. Come take it.

Lock and load, friends. They want war. We’ll dismantle their Liberal Globalist Feudal Cult with bullets if necessary. We are calling them on their threat of Totalitarian control.

The threat is among us. Traitors abound.

14. El Torito says:

The 1 reason I feel that this General Council appointment is needed is because the Dems and MSM have created a “speculation news” loop, where by the only way to end it is to waste time trying to disprove non-existant facts. PTrump has been patient in allowing Comey and the idiots in committe – Chaffetz, Gowdy etc and there has been no resolution. So the General Council will not only eventually close this out, but in the meantime, if he finds criminal activity on the Dem side, Mueller can prosecute that as well. So it sucks that it’s come to this, but it’s all upside for the good guys. I pray this backfires on the Deep State bigly. Maybe DJT will clean house while he’s overseas, enjoying the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake ever seen. Ever. MAGA.

15. John Carlson says:

Another good way to support President Trump is by supporting Sundance. I donated yesterday by clicking on the “Donate” button on the “Treehouse” home page.

16. Arkindole says:

I really really like that picture SD–never seen it before.

17. bitterlyclinging says:

There are no atheists in foxholes and we will be unified after Iran, and/or their North Korean surrogates finish nuking America’s cities with their Obama blessed, aided, and abetted nuclear warheads.
    Most of the dead will be Democrats in the cities.

18. Mike diamond says:

Pray every day for president trump, and mike pence, the demo- rats had 8 long years to do the right things to help our country! They did nothing but make more cow chips!!!!

19. Freddy says:

The CTH is like a special harbor in sea of storms… It’s crazy out there. I’m telling liberals who were my friends that I gave a pass too for a long time to look in the mirror and see lies and deceit and they know it. FB friends list shrinking………My take is the RINOS and GOP need immediate threats off extreme loss in 2018 by our own hands. The gold standard is any coward GOP plotter and betrayer or those hiding undewr the bed whimppering need to be pushed out and now. They are the creepiest crawlers of all. Our own supposed party is helping the Dems knee cap us…….I hear Lindsay say now it’s a criminal investigation he thinks and throws that to CNN who now state the POTUS is under criminal investigation….See how it works. We need a hit team to fire back at the media and the RINOS…..We must respond to false accuations…….

20. Sentient says:

All I want is an arress… of Hillary, Comey, Podesta, McCain & Sassehole.

21. Lumina says:

“And HOPEFULLY, this can go quickly, because we have to show unity if we’re going to do great things with respect to the rest of the world.”
    How is this statement different from Comey’s little memo? I wonder if “hopefully” was purposely added? Or, or, is PJDT making vague threats again? (Sarcasm)

• I read this and am sorry to say I agree with him….they just keep wearing away and wearing away until they break you down; it’s time for a national show of strength to support the president and also to vote these traitors out of office when we can.

Dick Morris also had a good take on this special prosecutor….he will keep digging and digging and making money for himself and will eventually find something, anything, no matter how small to blow up into something large and this will drag on for all of the president’s term.
      He will need to find anything to justify his own existence as special prosecutor and to hold onto his seat of power
      Don’t forget, in Washington, “power” is King

Sessions should never have recused himself.
      They (the uniparty/globalists) will not just go away without a fight and all it will take is some manufactured evidence.

• Could President Trump replace AG Sessions? He picked him, can’t he release him and appoint someone who is a fighter and will not recuse themselves of the muh Russia hoax?

My sense is that this firing of Comey and Robert Mueller was all planned out long ago like was posted up thread. President Trump has to act upset for it to seem like he was not part of it.

• mimbler says:

Yes, taking the high road just encourages the dems. They, like the jihadists, respect only superior power. Civilization is a weakness in their eyes,
        Mike

• Good assessment by Scott Adams except that I think if they are successful at ending Trump’s presidency, which I highly doubt, it will not be the end of our country. It would be the end of them.

• I agree Preppie.

President Trump has millions and millions of hard core supporters.

Nothing is going to derail his presidency.

The globalists really do not know who they are dealing with this time around.

Aim small miss small everyone.

22. The_Donald thoughts on special prosecutor

[–]SamSimeon
    A better reason why it happened so fast is that it was all already known and coordinated BEFORE Comey was fired.
    Consider this hypothetical –
    Trump/Sessions know FBI (Comey, McCabe) are sitting on Seth Rich info. The FBI is itself obstructing justice.
    They know they need a special outside investigator who people will see as unbiased, and they know they need to seize evidence before it gets lost/destroyed.
    They play nice with Comey (and McCabe), so they don’t start destroying the evidence trail, while they secretly arrange for Mueller to take over the Russia investigation.
    They fire Comey, seize the evidence, leak the Seth Rich info to create a casus belli to take the investigation from McCabe, and announce the special counsel… all within a week.
    BOOM.

[–]BigWillieStylesTX
    Plot twist: Trump used the phrase “witch hunt” so he would be mocked and then the dnc folks can’t use it. -(Hillary)-

23. andi lee says:

Excellent point! 👏👏👏

Rule of law, oldest laws on the books, must come into play; sedition charges, for one. First, find the leakers!

24. fedback says:

The President is very wise.
    So many great things could happen if the media and democrats stopped fueling divisions

• recoverydotgod says:

Very wise, indeed. He has a very wise, lovely wife, Melania, as well. I wish the best for them on their trip spreading the good word of the USA.

25. Jim Peters says:

As Sundance has pointed out many times, everything Trump does is deliberate and meticulously planned.

Quite simply, he is operating on a different level when it comes to deep strategy. He’s close to, if not an actual, genius.

Trump’s strategies and tactics always have a specific objective. Sundance reminds us, but people forget. Everything is calculated, 24/7.

For example, Trump has created the impression that he’s a buffoonish dilletante, impulsive and reckless, chaotic and clumsy. He promotes this incessantly, on twitter, in photos, in his speeches.

Is he? No, of course not.

If he was, there’s no way he could have built a huge business empire, let alone beaten the GOP for the primary, or Clinton for the Presidency.

But the caricature helps him. In 3 ways : first, it causes his enemies to underestimate him. Second, it creates a smokescreen behind which he can observe actions on the battlefield. Third, coupled with ambiguity, it gives him the benefit of surprise.

There’s a great quote by Julius Caesar about how people will see what they want to believe. In other words, it’s possible to create a vision for your enemies that distracts them. Sun Tzu also focussed on the importance of deception, as well as using ambiguity, to create favorable strategic conditions on the battlefield.

Understand what’s going on right now through that prism.

Trump is using the media frenzy & congressional hysteria over ‘muh Russia’ to (i) portray himself as above the fray, a virtuous outsider & the victim of a crazed witch hunt – a message aimed at his base (ii) portray the Congress and media for the corrupt pondscum they are (iii) to pin down and distract his enemies on a time-sapping investigation, which allows Trump and his key players (Bannon, Miller, Sessions & Nunes) to focus on ObamaGate.

Ddxdprion, ambiguity, unpredictability. Keep your enemies distracted and guessing.

Watch. While his enemies deceive themselves that they have Trump cornered, he will suddenly emerge and stun them with an attack they never considered.

As Sun Tzu said, ‘Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt’.

Fascinating times.

• fleporeblog says:

Jim Peters, fantastic post!

• CiscoKid says:

“People forget that Trump has been planning his Presidency for decades. Thirty + years! Planning, learning, preparing. He knows his enemies (GOP/Dems/media) better than they know themselves. He knows the battlefield better than anyone else – each hill, stream, forest, plain and sea.
      Spot on! A great commander knows how to read a map, as you noted, each hill, stream forest, plain and sea.
      In this case the “map” is Washington,DC.
      Sun Tzu had it right.
      Napoleon, imho, a wee bit better.
      “when your enemy is making a mistake, don’t interrupt him.”
      But I’ll venture to bet he read Sun Tzu.

• Jim Peters says:

The ‘map’, in my opinion, is the space between the ears of a citizen.

The terrain is the USA – every state and every home.

Back to the map, ‘the space’.

We know from the election that citizens have their public views and their private ones. The beauty of the ballot box is that it allows citizens to express their private views without consequence.

Influence that decision correctly and you win elections.

Hence Trump’s victory.

We also know that it’s a grave error to confuse public views with reality. The MSM is not a reflection of what citizens privately think of Trump. Nor are polls.

We learned that in the election & Brexit.

Third and most important. Citizens are not fools. They use multiple sources of information to make judgements and decisions. In many ways they are far better informed than citizens in the past.

That’s why the MSM is terrified of what they call ‘Fake News’. It threatens their control of information but also their control of ‘the space’. Of citizens.

Trump (& Bannon) understand this.

The Dems do not. They are playing a pre-internet strategy of protest and media saturation, oveerestimatng the influence it has on public opinion. They are investing too much time grandstanding with friendly media proxies. They are not understanding the power of the internet and hence do not exploit it cleverly. They make it clear that they regard the public as dumb rubes, not realising that it is actually increasing public distrust and loathing of them.

Trump has a far more sophisticated understanding. He knows that the space is informed by different elements. The MSM. The internet. Their own prejudices about where America is right now, where it needs to be, how to get there.

The more Trump & Bannon can influence that space, the more support they gain.

Sounds simple, but it takes real genius to do this effectively. The attack on the MSM is designed to reduce its influence – make it appear unhinged, unreliable, crazed. The attack on the Dems is designed to do the same thing. And so on.

Trump is lucky to have the Dems/MSM as enemies. A more hopeless rival you could never find. They are inept strategically & have no vision or positive ideas for the American people. They don’t even understand what America, or Americans are, let alone how they think and feel. They deserve everything they’re going to get.

Please forgive the long posts.

• Jim Peters, I have felt the same way about the media.

As an enemy they are more pathetic than fearful.

They are trapped in their way of delivering their product over and over again.

They can not learn anything new.

They will not weave and spin about like they should if they want to defeat Pres Trump.

Donald Trump really has their number.

• MaineCoon says:

I very much enjoyed reading both of your ‘long’ posts. They really didn’t seem long as the explanation just flowed from one thought to the next and everything made perfect sense.

Thank you for taking the time to post it. I hope others will take the time to read it.

• kittytrump84 says:

I agree. I believe WE are part of the plan. He is counting on us.

• Jim Peters says:

I should have added – highlighting the insanity and corruption of.the ‘swamp’ is a very effective way of preparing the public for his attack.

When Trump strikes – which he will – it will be a great shock. Imagine mass arrests of powerful figures – many Americans will find that difficult to take, even if they agree these people deserve it.

Trump knows this, so he needs to create an environment where the initial shock wears off and people can assure themselves that everything is under control. He can’t tell people how corrupt they are – they need to convince themselves by watching the farcical clownshow, 24/7.

The people need to see how bad the system has become. That’s why it’s important that these investigations continue, the media hysteria comtinues & Dem insanity continues.

When will Trump.strike? I think he’s calibrating everything with Bannon for the mid terms in Nov 2018, when he can wipe the Dems out – as well as purge the GOP, I might add. He’s going to.primary every GOP traitor in the Party. So, Nov 2018 – he needs to string things out for a while.

• torvynne says:

Jim Peters! My husband and I love every word! This is a great comfort, especially since it all makes so much sense!!!

• MaineCoon says:

I responded to your above posts without seeing this 3rd one. As I read it I found myself compiling a step-by-step process: preparation, shock & awe, prevent public fear/promote feeling safe/secure, cleansing.

It’s always been my thought too that he will protect us from knowing the depth of the horrors these people have done. We probably couldn’t grasp it.

Weeks ago I posted this is the 2nd American Revolution. President Trump is going to do it in as peaceful a manner as possible.

Your posts have giving me great thought. I am saving them and will re-read every month. They give great calmness in the chaos.

Thank you so much for writing it. God bless.

• Paul Henry says:

Jim Peters, from your keyboard to God’s ears.

• Fe says:

Jim Peters this is one of the best well thought out posts/analysis I’ve seen yet. I’m saving this so that I can show others and read it over and over. This is fabulous!!! 😀😀😀

• Minnie says:

Thank you, Jim Peters, from your lips (keyboard) to God’s ear.

Your analysis is thought-provoking and Mr. President is nothing if not calculating.

He would not have come this far without an astounding degree of intelligence.

Thank God he is OUR President, we certainly have his back.

🇺🇸🚂🇺🇸

• Ron says:

26. p'odwats says:

What’s happening to the president shouldn’t be a shock to anyone. The Deep State has so much to lose, but the country will regain it’s greatness when these people go down. We cannot go on as a nation with the Deep State in control of the federal government. We just can’t.

• nontroll says:

So many supposed solid Trump supporters are really becoming un-hinged. I actually thought it would be much worse than this. If this is all the uni-party has, it’s gonna be a long 8 years for them.

• Ron says:

Yeah, that’s what I can’t get. did people think this would be EASY? Of COURSE they’re appointing a special council. There will be worse. I just hope the physical … and I mean PHYSICAL stuff he and his family have to go through will not be bad. All of the mental and legal machinations I feel he will overcome; the Lord will have to protect him physically.

• nontroll says:

Exactly – like Sundance always says “there are literally trillions of dollars at stake”. Do people really think these evil b@stards are gonna roll over and play dead? President Trump knew EXACTLY what would be coming at him when he chose to ride down that escalator. The man is under no illusions about how ugly this fight is gonna get.

And yes, the Lord will have to protect him physically – and I pray for that every day.

• I agree Ron.

The hysterics from the “press” is much expected and will not ease off.

The on again off again RINOs tip toeing around every subject makes them look like junior high kids waiting for the OK from the cool kids.

Pres Trumps maturity and leadership is amazing.

And I think that ever one in DC knows it.

I sense a tremor of insecurity in the Rep anti Trump crowd.

They are trying to show their game face but I am beginning to smell just a little bit of fear.

• MaineCoon says:

There is no doubt God appointed and anointed President Trump. Evil will come at him from every direction. It is really coming as God.

This trip to the Holy Land will be horrendous spiritual warfare.

First up with be the Muslim faith.

On Tuesday he is speaking at Yad Vashem, which is the highest honor bestowed, but from experience of having been there I call tell you he will physically see and spiritually see the worst evil done on this earth. Then they will go to the Wailing Wall.

Then on to Rome/Pope.

President Trump, First Lady Melania need our unceasing prayer in the next 8 days.

We need to pray for Jared & Ivanka. He is Orthodox Jew and his grandparents were holocaust survivors (IIRC they survived). God is using Jared as His instrument.

Pray without ceasing. There will be much evil against President Trump as he is on God’s mission in God’s land, but God can use evil for His good purpose.

“You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” Genesis 50:20

27. Joetheengineer says:

I voted for Trump for my own reasons, and not because Putin controlled my brain. Any special counsel will be able to discover that.

28. fedback says:

All great men face stern opposition
    It seems to be a natural law

29. Walt says:

United we stand Divided we fall.

30. andi lee says:

31. Bull Durham says:

I grew up Roman Catholic. We prayed the Stations of the Cross. Each Church is designed with the Stations. Symbolic liturgy of Christ’s Passion, the Way to Golgotha. The physical manifestation of Christ’s sacrifice for our salvation, the crucial basis for Christian belief.

I feel that Donald J. Trump is carrying the cross for our salvation as a nation. He is being scourged and abused, in a Christ-like passion. And I pray for him and his Presidency, his family safety and the nation and People of America.

The cross he bares is expiation for a sinful society, a corrupt Elite and hateful government that has distorted American dreams.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Very true!

• thluckyone says:

This is powerful stuff, Bull. Wow! Thank you for this (he said, reverently)! There are SO many other parallels… “he didn’t have to do this”… “he had a life of comfort and prestige…” “he spent time with ‘deplorables'” I guess I should be asking, is anyone in PDJT’s family ancestry named “David” or “Jesse”? Yes, I KNOW he’s not Christ Jesus but the parallels… I mean, he IS our Lion…

• Minnie says:

Amen!

By the grace of God, Mr. Trump stands the forgotten man.

Pray unceasingly 🙏

• MaineCoon says:

I have a heavy heart tonight for President Trump as he leaves for Israel. I posted my heart felt thoughts just up thread.

Your post touches on an additional thought – whether he will walk The Via Dolorosa (Latin: “Way of Grief,” “Way of Sorrow,” “Way of Suffering” or simply “Painful Way”; Hebrew: ויה דולורוזה; Arabic: طريق الآلام) is a street within the Old City of Jerusalem, believed to be the path that Jesus walked on the way to his crucifixion.

I have walked it and it is a heavy spiritual burden, which President Trump will experience if he walks it. Regardless he carries the burden of saving our nation as you say. I know God appointed and anointed him for this task, but that does not lighten the load.

He will be confronted with much evil on this trip as anyone who is doing the Lord’s work in His Holy Land will be under great spiritual attack, just like Satan attacked Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Pray for Melania, Ivanka, and Jared, whose grandparents were holocaust survivors. They will physically & spiritually see the greatest evil done on this earth at shown at Yad Vashem.

32. Lulu says:

Call your congressmen and Senators and let them know you are watching and are supporting our President.

33. rumpole2 says:

“Trump colluded with Russians”
    Is a Null Hypothesis… a hypothesis that the Anti-Trump forces have put forward to be investigated.
    Fair enough.
    Another example of a similar Null hypothesis is “Unicorns exist”

The way to test such a hypothesis is to LOOK FOR EVIDENCE. If there is NONE the conclusion is that the hypothesis is not true, or at the least The “Scientific Method” (logic) requires that adopt the position that it is not true,

AFTER 10 MONTHS.. looking.. and finding no evidence… it is past time fore the Anti-Trump Cabal to “Suck it up” and accept that Trump (Campaign) DID NOT COLLUDE WITH RUSSIANS

and… as a Corollary… UNICORNS DO NOT EXIST

34. WeThePeople2016 says:

Trump’s tweet this morning was to put the GOP traitors on notice for what they have done these past weeks. Hear that Amash, Corker, McCain! He is also pointing out that they did nothing the past 8 years, but immediately attack when Trump is innocent. He does not want to go this route, but it is the best option to shut these buffoons up. Trump has taken notes, and he will not forget. He also reminded his voters of the swamp corruption in D.C.

35. LibertyVibe says:

I had posted on another thread a story about Comey testifying that Trump had NEVER asked him to stop the investigation. Now I have evidence that YouTube is censoring this video. Please view this, and share it everywhere. http://wp.me/p7kZHT-wb

• Tim Tarr says:

That has been aired on Fox Business several times today. I’m sure Tucker will air it too.

• Your evidence that YouTube is censoring the video includes the video itself, which links directly back to YouTube, where you obviously CAN view it. (hmmm…)

You also previously falsely suggested in here that President Trump had released “tapes” on Comey, though the footage is from C-Span.

Comey did not testify Trump had not asked him to stop the Flynn investigation, because he was not asked that question. The entire line of questioning (which the edited video seeks to obscure by cueing to Comey’s answers without playing the questions) concerns the level of independence the FBI tried to maintain when dealing directly with DOJ staff and superiors.

All Comey said was that no one at DOJ had tried to get him to shut down an investigation for political reasons. That is all his “That never happened” statement applies to. It can’t automatically be extended globally to persons outside DOJ, such as the President. Comey’s an experienced lawyer. He knows enough to only answer the question that is put before him.

The narrative that Comey lied by previously testifying that no one (anywhere) had ever pressured him to close an investigation (based on an edited video cued to remove context) is in itself A LIE.

If we ever expect to get to the truth of these matters, and hopefully take out the “black hats”, we can’t afford to fudge facts ourselves. We have to see Comey’s memos and notes, and hear testimony from those he confided in at the time of his calls and meetings with President Trump. And if the President or Comey made recordings, we need to hear them.

• LibertyVibe says:

You miss the point entirely. The short clip is from a different piece all together. When you go on YT, and watch this long PBS video, and go to each clip where purple dress lady is grilling Comey, you can see that the above question has been edited out. Maybe YouTube didn’t do it. But somebody did. Everyone here knows you are trying to twist it. It is clear to everyone in America where Comey’s experience lies. Heh..lies. Lol. Comey made it clear in the unedited version of his testimony that no one had asked him to stop. Then, out of the blue, he comes up with ridiculous “memo” scam? On top of that, PBS edits video?Pleeze!

• The edited video is marked C-Span, not PBS. I never mentioned PBS, so I don’t know where you are going with that. I only used your article, and the video you posted there.

In any case, here is the entire unedited feed. The relevant questioning begins at 3:47:41. If you think I’m trying to twist anything, please indicate a time where Comey states Trump never asked him to shut down an investigation. I was unable to find an answer that shows anything other than what I said above, but I’m quite willing to be proven wrong.

• LibertyVibe says:

Top video is CSPAN. The bottom video is PBS NEWS HOUR. The bottom video has the top part of the testimony edited out of it.

• LibertyVibe says:

You lie like a rug. The excerpt from the top is not contained in the bottom video.

• Keep calm, please, and try not to get personally insulting. If I was mistaken, you now have the unedited, complete video with which to prove me wrong, and I am more than willing to apologize if I misunderstood or missed something in the testimony.

We can all get caught up in fake news memes sometimes, being news consumers and not professional journalists. Just show me, give me a time code where Comey says what you assert he says, that no one (including President Trump) had ever asked him to close an investigation for political reasons.

I believe Comey only answered whether DOJ staff had ever done that. You believe otherwise. We need not guess in this case. Show me what you are referring to, please.

• LibertyVibe says:

If you read the post, the time stamp is there, and was there from the beginning. My irritation comes from those that attack my integrity, when they haven’t taken the time to read through the material. I would understand if you were a Leftist troll. That would be your job. My job is respond to Leftist trolls fiercely. If you are not one, than you now know why I responded the way I did.

• i apologize for anything I said that attacks your integrity. We have a disagreement in interpretation over what question Comey actually answered in testimony, that’s all.

I provided the unedited video feed, and a time for when Ms. Hirono (of Hawaii) began asking him about the FBI and DOJ. Within their conversation is all the material excerpted or edited in the videos you posted, which you objected to over how PBS, YouTube or someone else altered or censored.

It seems to me Comey is only answering about FBI’s relationship to DOJ staff and superiors, and not answering regarding the President, or any others. He might have been completely aware of pressure he contends the President put on him to shut down the Flynn investigation. But we can’t know for sure, because he wasn’t asked about the President – unless I have missed something elsewhere in the 4 hour testimony.

So all I’m asking you to do, is to indicate where, not on your edited videos, but on the unedited feed, Comey indicates that NO ONE (period) had ever pressured him to close an investigation. I can’t find any response of Comey’s making that clear, and I suspect some outside web sources are trying to falsely spin the issue, not you personally.

After our last conversation, I happened on this article, discussing the same situation. Perhaps another voice can help clarify:

36. Peter says:

#nojoelieberman

• rumpole2 says:

I struggle to BELIEVE Joe will be picked, but…..
      Politics is a funny old game….

If it is Joe, my disappointment can only be assuaged by reopening investigations into Crooked Hillary and ALL related matters…

37. gary says:

You guys know how tricky the Russians can be, I hope they don’t throw a monkey wrench into the mix, and say they did make arrangements with Trump to get him elected. (which would be false of course), but it would De-stablize the United States, and throw the country into head spin, imagine how the MSM would respond to Russia giving them Trump’s Head on a platter.

• gary says:

One other point, the Special Counsel could ask for all of Trump’s tax records, to see if there is Russia connection. Who knows what else they will ask for, all for a fishing expedition.

38. willvecchio says:

Alan Dershowitz was on Fox Business about 20 min ago and reiterates that no crime has been alleged even if all MSM fake news was true. NO CRIME.

“Collusion with the Russians” Not Illegal; Firing Comey Not Illegal; Saying Flynn is a good guy so lay off Not Illegal.

• Howie says:

It is a crime. Not by the president. By the Deep State. They now will leverage it in to their Loot Split in the coming Omnibus Spending Bill. There will be no budget.

39. Weeper says:

This sums things up…..if it works 😐

• Weeper says:

Ta…da!!! I love it when a plan comes together ❤️

“United We Stand…..Divided we Fall”

America First 🇺🇸
      MAGA!!! 🦁🚂📢🌳

• Howie says:

Ya did it!

• Weeper says:

Miracles DO happen!!! Found it on the “internets” all by myself, copied it, and made sure no one else had posted it…….since I’m late, and don’t know what’s going on.

We’re getting ready to watch All My Lies, featuring The Dolt 😉 Can’t wait!!! Hubby knows I can’t stand it, so that’s good enough for me!!

40. Howie says:

Somehow, some way, Deep State Uniparty got a special council to investigate Trump and Russian influence against Hillary, instead of a Special Council to investigate Hillary and Deep State. All in less than 4 months of the Trump Presidency. Now the Obamacare Kibosh Bill is still in the house awaiting the CBO kibosh and back to square 1. We don’t get a crack at them again until Nov. next year. The Things that Would Not Leave. The crooked congress is not going to do anything we wanted. They will dither and slither their way to the Season of the Loot. The Loot Must Be Split! This really is Legalized Crime and Treason. They will undermine everything he tries to get done one way or another.

41. Donna in Oregon says:

The clock is ticking……read in Bloomberg the House didn’t send the Obamacare bill to the Senate. CIA is using the cloud to store sensitive info with Amazon (yes, Jeff Bezos of the Washington Post) and the beginning of Trump’s impeachment has begun.

By the time we figure it out it will be over.

• Howie says:

The Summer of Dithering is here. If you think you are disgusted with the GOP now, just wait. it will get much, much, worse. If president Trump can not get it fixed no one can. Even he may not be able to do it. At least he is trying. Crime, graft, and treason are legalized inside the beltway. We have figgered it out and are still fighting. Maybe they will self destruct. The unelected embeds are just as bad as the crooked politicians that put them there.

• Fe says:

Part of Mark Taylor’s prophecy included the impeachment attempts and it will fail. Donald J. Trump IS God’s anointed servant. He is fearless and he will prevail because GOD said so.

42. Jlwary says:

It’s just sources that say Lieberman is first choice… so POTUS is not on record

43. Cininmo says:

I received an email from “TRUMP HEADQUARTERS” today asking me to show “ACTUAL” support by making a contribution. It was talking about how President Trump is under attack by the press, yada yada yada. I looked at the bottom and noticed it was from the RNC. I didn’t donate because I only donate directly to President Trump. I did reply to them with the following:
    – I 100% support our President Donald J Trump. When the Republican Senators and Representatives stand up and show support for my President I will show some support for them. I’m not seeing that happen at this time. It looks to me like he’s having to fight them as hard or harder than the damn Democrats! John McCain, Ben Sasse just to name two. It’s a shame what is being done to My President!

• scotsgrits says:

I sent them basically the same message to-day. Hope if enough people make it clear that we support the President, not them perhaps they will change their behavior. But then I keep hoping I will win the lottery .. same odds

• Cininmo says:

I agree scotsgrits. I’m hoping more people start making some noise and our voices become a loud roar that they can’t ignore. I love President Trump. I’ve never felt so strongly about politics. Too many of us stayed quiet for too long and just look at the mess we’ve allowed to happen. I’m fighting for my grown children and my young grandchildren’s​ future. I’m not going to sit down and shut up any longer! MAGA!

44. willvecchio says:

The Alan Dershowitz “there is no crime” video is on the Gateway Pundit now.

45. Pam says:

He’s telling it like it is with no fear. Honestly, who else would do that?

46. lawton says:

Dershowitz was saying as far as this special counsel goes due to it being for criminal charges only that the leakers are probably the only ones in any danger of being prosecuted. Even though he is a lefty he is usually pretty accurate on the outcomes of these politically charged cases.

47. MIKE says:

My President kicks major booty. I would walk point for this man any day. The sacrifice he is making for me (us) is no small feat. I owe a huge debt of gratitude for what he is doing. I worry about his safety. The deep state bungholes will go to great lengths to protect their trillions of dollars and I trust not a one of them. Would rather see them out of the picture completely.

48. Margaret says:

Just want to say big thank you to everyone praying for our beloved president. You are my family and I hold you in my heart with him. Just like the Lord told me last June that DJT would be our next president and that he would bring world peace, I know on every level of my being that the Lord has scripted this story of biblical proportions and our president will be fully vindicated. I hold strong to that vision with all of you