May 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #117

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,120 Responses to May 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #117

1. Katherine McCoun says:

Geez! I am starting to feel as besieged as I did in the primary between Dec – April as President Trump was gaining momentum and become the obvious leader and then winner. I knew it would be tough and even overwhelming but the willingness to lie and deceive by the globalist, uniparty and corp media has taken me by surprise.

I was Expecting a tough fight but didn’t expect this level of deep state meltdown. They are throwing everything they can think of and hoping it wears the administration down or something in particular sticks and blows up. More importantly, they are hoping to wear supporters/voters down.

Not happening here. I stand firm and know how much we are winning and how close we must be to MAGA in order for them to fight this hard!

• bluesky says:

the strafing from the deep state is hot & heavy this past week – and I thought it was bad before. Its sometimes hard to know what news is real, nuanced or fake. All I can do is sit tight, send prayers & postcards to Trump & administration as encouragement.

• piper567 says:

surely the good news is that TRUMP has a raft of folks handling all of the caca.
        he just keeps truckin’ on, greeting and meeting International leaders; his killers keep right on killing; and stuff get done.
        Our President is truly awesome.

• Sedanka says:

They can’t turn us against Trump and they can’t ever make us believe them about anything, so what are they accomplishing except to solidify the concept of Fake News?

• bessie2003 says:

I keep a little post-it-note near my computer screen, a quote from President Trump’s first press conference, and believe it may be one of the most prescient Presidential quotes ever; while looking directly into the camera, as if speaking directly to each of those who voted for him, he said “The news is fake, the leaks are real.”

I believe that quote still stands as truth to remember during these coming days.

2. fred2w says:

Everyone,

At the “Black Conservatives for Truth” (closed Facebook group), I came across this great question about the Comey memo:

“Why didn’t Comey come forward earlier if Trump did these things which is a corrupt offense/ obstruction of an FBI investigation? What was he holding this information for? Was he intending to blackmail Trump down the line? Who or what is behind him coming forward now and coming forward on Hillary Clinton to strategically on October 28th? Where Congress at? There’s a dead cat on the line and I’m not a Trump cheerleader. I think he’s a hot mess but something ain’t adding up.”

– Angie Reynolds

As Reynolds says, she is not a Trump fan and is in fact a liberal Democrat. Yet, even she thinks the memo story stinks.

This made me wonder: how many other Democrats are getting turned off by this Comey memo nonsense?

Just something to think about.

3. Joyful Noise says:

Wow, the MSM is putting the pedal to the metal. They are losing any semblance of credibility they have left -which isn’t much. Why don’t they just let Antifa take over their studios? It would be just about the same thing…crazy.

4. Concerned Virginian says:

Too much to read and absorb but am trying.
    Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel (short form by Pope Leo XIII in 1898; with my changes):
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend **President Trump** in battle, be his protection against the malice and snares of the **evil ones**. May God rebuke **them** we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into **confusion** Satan and all **evil ones** who wander through **our country** for the ruin of **the United States**. Amen.

• Deb says:

Thanks for posting this. The original prayer used to be recited at the end of all Catholic masses. It’s interesting that once the liberal clergy finally got rid of it in the 1960’s, the church and the world truly went to pot.

• NewNonna!!! says:

Funny you say that Deb. Parishioners at a neighboring local church recite the Prayer to Saint Michael after weekday Masses. I don’t know about their weekend Masses because I attend my local parish on weekends.

But you’re right. The church where parishioners that recite it after their weekday Masses is pastored by an orthodox priest and he and his associate priest still wear their priestly cassocks when in public and preach in a non-politically correct, honest, dutifully, and reverent manner.

St Mary Magdalene in Honesdale, PA. It’s a joy to attend weekday Mass there.

Thank You, God! Thank You, Jesus!

• Mariposa 323 says:

Thanks for that ! I haven’t been commenting here , too much happening , but I just want to say that we Treepers need to band together in prayer and fasting if possible ! We just passed the 100 th anniversary of Fatima when Our Lady came to warn all mankind of the evils of communism that would spread from Russia . She asked for the Pope to consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart , she asked for prayer and fasting and for people to turn away from sin . In fact the Popes ignored her , only John Paul 11 sort of tried but lamented that the Vatican ” swamp ” wouldn’t let him mention Russia , and now we have gone from bad to worse where secular atheism / communism has infiltrated everywhere even our churches and is being heralded under the banner of the New World Order of Globalism . PDJT is the only prayer we have of stopping this evil , but it will only be with God’s continued intervention ! Our Lady of Fatima pray for us !

• NewNonna!!! says:

Yes, mariposa, prayer and fasting for the intention that we’re saved from the evil that cares not for humankind, but for self. For the intention to do it for the Glory of God.

Words of gratitude are ez to utter; action like fasting or actually doing something you’d rather not (something inoculous as even washing your face before bedtime if you’re not in the habit of doing so; or remaining calm when you’re cut off in your car; or you react calmly to a situation your faced with that would normally be met with your anger or impatience) all with that intention and for His Glory. It used to be called ‘offering it up’.

Prayer, fasting and offering up to God has much power because it’s living proof that we care THAT much that we’ll sacrifice it with gratitude to God, for His Glory.

What strength we Treepers have by joining together for God’s Glory in this way.

• cozette says:

Interestingly, Russia has always believed they were the 3rd and final Rome or guardian of Christianity. The first was Rome then when they broke away from the original Church, Constantinople and when that fell to the Muslims, Moscow. My dad was deeply into the Blue Army, inspired by Our Lady of Fatima. I lost my faith until I foud the original Eastern Christianity still practiced in Russia. BTW this is the 100th anniversary of the communist take over of Russia. The atheists tried to stamp out God but God prevailed.

5. Tejas Rob says:

How dare anyone question “unnamed sources”. Even a combat veteran, else you risk the wrath of a CNN harpie.

6. sgtrok13 says:

I have a question
    Comey has “notes”
    I’m a Police Officer
    Notes would really have no bearing. I carry a pocket note pad. What’s to say he didn’t fabricate something? Without anything else it doesn’t hold any bearing whatsoever. And if he did fabricate it is evidence tampering and filing a false report. Fake Rosario.
    Besides the 2nd in command testified that the FBI was not influenced.

• Have you never had to testify in a white-collar crime case? I’ve been on civil case juries (corporate crime) where the notes people took after meetings at the time had much more weight than sworn testimony in deciding the case. You are correct that there’s no guarantee the memo is truthful, but it also is not insignificant evidence.

• cozette says:

In this case Comeys truthfulness is so suspect I dont seeing a memo as carrying any weight. He could have written the memo after he was fired. If PTrump had asked him to stop the Flynn investigation Comey would have leaked I or ratted him out or he would have let the Clinton crony who replaced him know. However he didnt. McCabe testified under oath to Congress that the investigations were not being interferred with in any way.

• Not having read it, I can’t guess what impact the memo will have, nor how many others at FBI knew about it before the Times article broke the story.

As far as not saying anything until now, Comey may be trying to build a case for a wider accusation of conspiracy than just against the President. Lots of ugly possibilities.

7. David says:

TREY GOWDY TALK ABOUT JAMES COMEY
    Did anyone hear the interview with Fox New Marta Maccallum and Trey Gowdy.
    I believe Trey Gowdy implied James Comey could not prosecute Hillary’s Emails because there were many entanglement between the Clinton’s and the Justice Department.

I was very disappointed in Trey Gowdy’s understanding in James Comey’s decision not to prosecute Hillary…he stated history will be on the side of James Comey. So, History is going to say it was alright to destroy the Rule of Law because the entire Justice Department was entangled with the Clintons.

When Sessions opens up the Clinton’s Email Investigations; the entire Swamp of the Justice Department will be Drained.

8. MargaretS says:

The Satanic onslaught against the President today and yesterday has driven me to ramp up my prayers drastically. I will be continuing in heavier praying mode for the foreseeable future, and may I request all praying TReepers to do the same? The battles will be won by our prayers. The words of Ephesians 6:12 cannot ring truer: “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the [evil] rulers, against the [evil] authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” This includes the Democrats, Soros, Deep State, GOPe and the Ene-media. Our God can and will overcome all EVIL.

9. David Rowley says:

Chuck is speaking now. Saying a special prosecutor makes good sense. It’s true if you have TDS. The ignorant arrogant Dems put out blatant lies to create a fake “scandal, and the call for a special prosecutor to investigate. May they all rot in hell.

10. zephyrbreeze says: