Always remember the basic rule that has been proven accurate 100% of the time:
- When the CIA wants to leak a damaging story they coordinate with the Washington Post and ABC. (and vice-versa).
- When the State Dept. or FBI/DOJ wants to leak a damaging story they coordinate with CNN and the New York Times. (and vice-versa)
This consistent pattern has NEVER been broken.
Tonight using “unnamed” and the most vague descriptions of “anonymous sources” The Washington Post creates a fake news story specifically timed to release at the 5pm hour to hit President Donald Trump.
- First indication is the timing of the Washington Post news release (5:02pm EDT).
- Second indication coordination with NYT for immediate follow (6:26pm EDT)
- Third indication – Same exact pattern as Flynn intelligence leaks. Identical timing.
- Fourth indication – Same use of entirely anonymous sources: “former American government official” ie. an Obama official.
- Only 3 U.S. Officials actually in the room with first-hand information: National Security Advisor HR McMaster, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Senior Adviser for policy, Dina Powell.
- Publication motive/intent – The Washington Post never contacted anyone in the White House for questions, nor did they ask McMaster, Tillerson or Powell for comment before publication. All three call the Post article – fake News.
National Security Advisor HR McMaster speaks to the media:
The Washington Post states it:
“is withholding most plot details, including the name of the city, at the urging of officials who warned that revealing them would jeopardize important intelligence capabilities.”
Right there you see the same “officials” who are leaking the story to the Washington Post are telling the Washington Post not to publish details of a classified intelligence report they are leaking.
This is NOT the White House or on-the-record sources telling the Washington Post not to publish the details, this is “the intelligence leaker” telling the Post not to publish the details. Notice how the Post tries to conflate that reality.
This statement from the Washington Post itself, a self-admission, indicates that current or former “U.S. officials” have leaked classified information to the Post and told them to retract part of the report being leaked and cited.
Ironically this is the exact same classified intelligence information they claim Trump put the nation at risk by revealing (which he didn’t).
See how that works?