President Donald J Trump Weekly Address – May 5th 2017…

[Transcript] My fellow Americans,

Since Day One, my administration has been hard at work, tearing down the barriers to job creation and economic growth. We have removed one job-killing regulation after another – they’re not pretty and they’re going. And believe me, we are just getting started on regulations. They’re gone.

On Thursday, the House voted to repeal one of the worst job-killing laws of all. It’s called ObamaCare, perhaps you’ve heard of it. Everywhere we look, ObamaCare is collapsing. The House Bill is a plan that will save Americans from this disaster, and replace it with more choices, and more freedom for American families. Most importantly, it will be great healthcare, and your premiums will come down, and your deductibles will come down. So you’ll have better healthcare at a lower cost. And now, I’m calling on the Senate to take action. Repealing and replacing ObamaCare will be a big, big win for the American People.

Last week, my economic team outlined another step in our economic renewal: a massive tax cut to bring jobs and prosperity back to the USA. We pay the highest taxes anywhere in the world. No country is higher, and we’re bringing them down –and I mean way down.

I am proposing—actually the single largest tax cut—in American history. Our tax relief will be focused on the Middle Class, including much-needed relief for low and middle-income parents raising children.

As we provide tax relief to working families, we must also stop crippling American Industry. Right now, America’s businesses are taxed at the single highest rate in the developed world. This is a self-inflicted economic wound that sends jobs to other countries. And believe me, before I got here, they were fleeing fast, but we’ve stopped it. We want to turn our country into a jobs machine—a jobs magnet, something that really works again. We want America to be the best place in the world to hire, grow, invest, and start a brand-new, beautiful business.

And that is why under our plan, we are cutting the business tax rate all the way down to 15 percent, bringing thousands of new companies and millions of new jobs to our shores. Today’s high taxes on American Business are a gift to the foreign countries taking our jobs, factories, and wealth—and we’re not going to allow it any longer.

Along with our historic tax cut we are proposing dramatic tax simplification. American taxpayers spend billions of hours each year complying with our archaic tax laws, reducing economic productivity and job creation.

The complexity of the tax code also disadvantages small businesses and family-owned companies who can’t afford to hire an army of lawyers, and that’s what it is, it’s an army of lawyers, and lobbyists, or accountants. Other people can do it, you can’t, and it’s not fair to ask you to even think about it.

That is why we are cleaning up the code, streamlining deductions, and eliminating many special interest tax breaks that largely benefit only the wealthy.

Just weeks ago, millions of Americans filed their taxes on Tax Day—they were reminded again how much they give to Washington. We believe every day Americans know better how to spend their own money than the federal bureaucracy, and we want to help them keep as much of that hard-earned money as we can.

Tax reform, along with regulatory relief and fair trade deals—and we’re going to make them fair—but even really good again for our country, and for our workers. All of this will usher in a new era of prosperity in America – and bring wealth, hope, and opportunity to those communities that need it the most.

Together, we are going to fight for every last American job. And we are going to fight for great, great trade deals that are so good for our workers, and so good for our families.

Thank you, God Bless You, and God Bless America.

(link)

This entry was posted in President Trump, Uncategorized, Weekly Address. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to President Donald J Trump Weekly Address – May 5th 2017…

1. Minnie says:

Thank you, Sundance! Feeling better already 🙂

2. BobBoxBody says:

The dam’s a breakin’, the tsunami is looming, be ready to ride the surf, baby!

It’s party time!

3. Love me some PDJT

4. Frankly Ben says:

Wow – love that pic of the first couple! That’s how my lovey and I look st each other!It’s a beautiful thing!

5. Pam says:

God bless our president.

6. Pam says:

7. Question Everything says:

I have had my complaints but over all I think President Trump is doing a good job. I found that I had to step back and remember what I asked for during the elections. I never once prayed “Lord please let Trump be the president” I only asked two things, one was “Lord please give me discernment and don’t let me be fooled” and the other was “Lord let your will be done”. When I reflect on what I prayed for and what happened it makes me realize that my “complaints” are nothing more than that “a complaint”, which is really quite petty when you think about it.

8. fleporeblog says:

This man is fighting for us every single day! His love of us and our country is truly breathtaking. I am so damn happy the House Republicans gave him that win yesterday. He was like a coach during the press conference giving them all the praise and glory. If it wasn’t for him these bums would never have that taste of victory in their mouths. Hopefully seeing it and experiencing it will have them fighting for more. They want their COACH to praise them again. Inspirational leadership is the best kind of leadership.

• Wink says:

President Trump is a “can do” kind of man and being around him causes people to be invigorated. As I listened to him praise, encourage and cheer those Representatives, you could see their faces light up. They actually looked excited to be there. You know, I wonder if any one of them had been around such an upbeat, can do person before.

• Minnie says:

Mr. Trump leads by example, period.

• Ursula says:

Its about time that the republicans are stepping up to the plate and not let the demoncraps discourage them. Maybe now that they have seen they can do it they will do it again and push back against the denoncraps. They need to be shown their place if they can’t be part in helping Making America Great Again. I met Trump in 96 and when he announced that he was running I was 100% behind him from the start. Nothing better could have happened to this country but this President. So happy that he decided and I know he did it cause he was fed up with the way things were going and stepped in. He is my hero – period

9. Donna in Oregon says:

Love what my President is doing!

Congress and Senate……not so much. I hope President Trump asks us for help. Capitol Hill needs to be rounded up and taken for an afternoon of electro-shock therapy.

10. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I love the pic of him looking out of the plane. And the White House.

11. bertdilbert says:

Regulation heavy states like CA will not be helped by Trump cutting federal regulations. There will be a giant sucking sound…

• Wink says:

Cutting federal regulations will help other states. I really could careless about CA.

• Rick says:

Thanks Wink…with friends like you, who needs enemies. There are a lot of us Treepers in CA. Trust me, CA may go down first but it will be the first one back when the SHTF.
        I pray that all of us, no matter what State we reside in, see to Make America Great Again.
        Americans, right?

• jonvil says:

They are well on the way to becoming another Venezuela…BY CHOICE!!!

12. thLuckyOne says:

Sundance, please let me offer an interpretation of the picture you posted of our President on the plane – looking out – with the eagle. Like Nancy (who posted above) I love the picture. And please imagine that the eagle in the picture is riding on the plane with President Trump. Imagine our President’s protective arm around the eagle (a BIG eagle). The eagle has been wounded and abused but it’s quickly coming back to full strength. As you can see, the great bird has already been cleaned and it’s now unseen wounds are healing and President Trump has his arm around this dear friend. The great bird is not a “pet”. The eagle is a WARRIOR and soon, very soon, the eagle will again be strong enough to fly on its own. There already are no chains or constraints on the eagle – and for now, it rides with Donald J. Trump because it so chooses. I have no idea whether you intended such an interpretation of the picture but I hope you take no offense. Yes, I realize I’ve been probably watching too many ‘Game of Thrones’ videos on YouTube (dragons? eagles?). However, I’m VERY grateful to all the Treepers who post on CTH – and MOSTLY for your leadership and insight – and I just especially appreciate the community and the many ways people share here. The picture is inspiring. We WILL fly again. As a nation, we WILL be whole again. We ARE blessed and even more than before, we WILL be a blessing.because we’ll have even more to share. And as Isaiah has told us, we will “mount up with wings…” THANK YOU, Sundance! God bless you, precious Treepers! Have a BLESSED weekend!
    MAGA!!

13. Publius2016 says:

President Trump is showing the Republicans how to win! With last week’s House passage, the Senate has two options: one, pass the bill as is and get Obamacare out of the way or two, start debate and watch Obamacare implode. Designed to implode it is happening: own it Headclown Schumer and the others like Sanders, Blumenthal, and Pocahontas!

14. hellinahandbasket says:

Well, the video production crew went from swooping-in from the leftside, and hiding behind the studio-light in a “stalking” angle, to “popping” the subject of the video into our faces, while they have the President cut-off at the chest, looking like a talking-head without a body attached.
    What is wrong with this video-crew?

15. JLG 🇺🇸 says:

Yesterday was my birthday – what a great gift from our President – a sincere push for tax relief! I love these weekly updates! 🇺🇸