May 2nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #103

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,189 Responses to May 2nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #103

1. cjzak says:

Forgive me if this has been posted already, as I haven’t read all the posts. Don’t want to get my hopes up here, but is Ryan telling the whole story about this funding? Is PP not funded in spite of what everyone has reported? BB had this up.

2. patrickhenrycensored says:
  3. Pam says:

4. patrickhenrycensored says:

Pass the word…
    We’ll all meet up at the edge of the woods, pile into the scooby van; and ride

Hillary: I Am Now ‘Part Of The Resistance’

5. Just Scott says:

Not sure how to interpret this, but it seems important. Filling the pantry, preparing for a storm?

“[North Korea] imported a total of 4,400 tons of grain from China in March, which represented about a 3,200 percent spike from the same month last year,”

• thetrain2016 says:

This doesn’t sound right. 4,400 tons is nothing. It’s only a short freight train of 44 grain hoppers…

• Just Scott says:

Really good point. With 25M Norks, that would only be 1/5 ounce per person.
        And, the sanctions against NK prevent it from SELLING agriculture products.
        I think I remember reading elsewhere that crops were poor in NK lately.

6. Pam says:

7. https://www.yahoo.com/news/coal-worker-challenged-clinton-sets-sights-manchin-171059340.html

There is a 7 min. video on the site. I watched just the beginning when he teared up over loosing his job and having to tell his wife.

WASHINGTON — Exactly one year ago, out-of-work West Virginia coal industry worker Bo Copley delivered one of the 2016 presidential race’s most memorable moments when he challenged Hillary Clinton. Now Copley tells Yahoo News he has set his sights on unseating his state’s Democratic senator, Joe Manchin.

“With everything that has happened over the past year, with all of the attention we have received, with all of the people saying, ‘We really appreciate you representing us,’ we thought maybe people want someone to represent them who understands what they’re going through,” Copley said in a Tuesday telephone interview. “It’s what God’s telling me to do.”

8. Just Scott says:

Today, the House passed HR1644 that will increase North Korea’s financial isolation, targeting countries engaged in arms trade with North Korea and restricting the hard currency the regime earns through forced labor abroad. The bill would also require the Trump administration to determine within 90 days whether the government of North Korea should be redesignated as a state sponsor of terrorism.

. http://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20170501/HR1644-2.pdf
    Prohibits purchase from NK of gold, titanium ore, vanadium ore, copper, silver, nickel, zinc, or rare earth minerals.
    Prohibits sale to NK of rocket, aviation, or jet fuel.
    Prohibits insuring any vessel owned or controlled by NK.
    Prohibits maintaining and account with any NK financial institution.
    Limits purchase from NK of coal, iron, or iron ore, textiles.
    Limits transfer to or from NK of bulk cash, precious metals, gemstones, or other stores of value.
    Limits transfer to NK of crude oil, condensates, any types of petroleum or byproducts, or natural gas.
    Limits providing telephonic, telegraphic, telecommunications or other data services.
    Limits purchase from NK of food or agricultural products.

9. cycle1 says:

10. Martin says:

11. Liked by 2 people

12. and #FireColbert is trending on Twitter now

13. Just Scott says:

Wheatietoo: please tell me how you figured out Dr. Emmet L. Brown is in Canada. I need to add whatever you have to my “bag of tricks” script…

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Tweets are google mapped

• wheatietoo says:

He said so….about a week ago.
      Then, last week when I was going a few rounds with him, I brought it up and he didn’t deny it.

• Just Scott says:

OK, Thanks. I must have scrolled past that comment.
        Darn. Thought you might have some new majik. I wish I had a way to tie posts to IPs…

• wheatietoo says:

Some people sign in here using their Twitter account…you can cursor over their ‘name’ and see it, if that’s the case.
          And then you could go to their Twitter acct to check their location, I suppose.

But this wasn’t the case with the “Dr. Brown” character.

• Just Scott says:

This seems like a good place to put a comment I have been wanting to make for a long time:
      Share Blue has paid trolls. But being called a “troll” should be interpreted as saying “you are exhibiting troll behavior.” Almost all of us have “trolled” at one time or another. But when it rises to the level of another Treeper calling it out, that means it is really irritating a bunch of people, and introspection is probably in order. (Like before our beloved AdRem PermaBan’s you.)

For the unprofessional trolls, maybe it would helpful if rather than using the word troll, we point out the very specific behavior-instance.

14. http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/252269386-story

FOX 32 NEWS – Two Chicago police officers were shot Tuesday night in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood, according to police.

Reports indicated the officers were shot in the 4300 block of South Ashland.

One officer was shot in the arm and hip. The other was shot in the back. They were taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition, according to CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

15. http://thehill.com/homenews/news/331674-top-staffers-step-down-from-heritage-foundation-following-demint-resignation

Top staffers loyal to ousted Heritage Foundation president Jim DeMint have stepped down from organization, according to a new report.

The Daily Beast reported Tuesday evening that top staffers — including Executive Vice President Bret Bernhardt, Vice President of Communications Wesley Denton, Vice President of Policy Promotion Ed Corrigan and DeMint’s chief of staff, Camera Seward, have resigned.

• wheatietoo says:

Do we have any sort of ‘official’ explanation on why this happened?

Like…why did Jim DeMint leave?
      Was he asked to leave, or did it become unbearable for him to stay?

• andrewalinxs says:

From what I read the board of trustees unanimously voted him out.

• wheatietoo says:

Thanks…hmm, I wonder why.

• JMScott says:

I don’t know much about it, and my energy has been focused elsewhere. But from what little I have read, I get the impression it may be a bad thing, and an Ant-Trump play. Hopefully some will study and brief us in Wed POTUS thread.

• LEET says:

I read elsewhere on this site a comment regarding DeMint’s departure was related to his Pro-Trump positions and also his desire to move Heritage into policy writing versus “think tank” only. His speech at CPAC would give weight to that theory. ALSO, Sundance floated the idea in a post of Demint joining some type of legislative bill writing efforts on behalf of the Trump admin.

16. My 2 cents, Trump is working with what he inherited as in GOPe Congress. He wants to be able to say I tried my best before he gives the American People the “okay” to “fire” them. He has 8 years I want Trump to play the long game. If Bannon, Miller, and Sessions are on board so am I.