Part III – Prediction: Jim DeMint Will Join The Trump Administration…

♦In Part-I we explained how legislation is actually constructed in 2017. NOT how most people think it is constructed – SEE HERE

♦In Part-II we explained what that modern reality means with a Trump administration, and what will be needed to overcome the corrupted swamp – SEE HERE

The final paragraphs include accepting the reality and pondering:

[…] President Trump is not going to sit and wait for congress to evolve in their ability to turn away from existing lobbyists hanging around to defend their interests.  Sooner or later President Trump is going to do something dramatic to break the impasse within the broken legislative system.

Considering that Trump is not a politician, that “something” could get rather ugly.

We are not going to get bogged down in the weeds and loose the capacity to see the larger, more consequential, picture.  Staying elevated – However, as if guided by a prescient cue, part of the possible answer to the quagmire becomes evident today:

The controversial president of The Heritage Foundation, former Sen. Jim DeMint, may soon be out of a job, following a dispute with board members about the direction of conservative think tank, according to three people with knowledge of the situation.

Some Heritage board members believe that DeMint has brought in too many Senate allies and made the think tank too bombastic and political — to the detriment of its research and scholarly aims.

[…]  “If Heritage pushes Jim DeMint out, it was because a few board members, who are close to the Republican establishment, never wanted him to be president and have been working to push him out ever since,” said one operative who has worked with Heritage. “DeMint is one of the most respected and selfless conservative leaders in the country and pushing him out would be a big mistake.” (link)

During his keynote remarks at the NRA convention in Atlanta today, President Trump noted the high regard carried for Jim DeMint:

[…] And also from Heritage, Jim DeMint.  It’s been amazing.  I mean, those people have been fantastic.  They’ve been real friends.

Former South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint, now head of the Heritage Foundation has been pushing the organization toward more political activism because it is necessary for the exact reason we have outlined in the previous discussions:  “There are almost zero organizational entities within K-Street presenting any legislative constructs or legislative briefs intended to advance any of Trump’s policy objectives.” (link)

Virtually all of the K-Street policy and lobbying influence is targeted to grow government and present legislation that grows the scale, scope and interests of the financial political class.  DeMint’s efforts toward providing a counter-balance to the influence of the singular policy agenda is exactly what’s needed to begin to deconstruct the UniParty institutions.

The House and Senate, and all of the membership therein, are mired in the swamp by the legislative priorities of the financial influences and lobbyists upon them.  The scale of the lobbying is jaw-dropping when you consider over $3 billion spent in 2016 alone.

The Citizens United SCOTUS decision injected massive fuel into the swamp to expand the scale and scope of multinational corporate influence.   There is now virtually unlimited money pouring in to Super-PAC’S who target politicians for legislative influence.

If President Trump is going to make inroads to advance his America-First agenda, he is going to have to find a way through the financial network pressure now leveraging and choking all members of congress.  The UniParty dynamic cannot be broken without directly confronting this issue.

Senator Jim DeMint, founder of the Senate Conservative Fund (SCF), is the original Tea Party politician who generated support for grassroots conservative politicians.  It was specifically through DeMint’s pre-CU fund many of the modern leaders of conservatism gained their office.

Senator DeMint began slaying incumbent GOPe candidates and raising up challengers to GOPe preferred primary candidates.   He was remarkably successful, and the professional republican class hated him for wiping out their establishment next-in-liners.

However, empowered by the SCOTUS Citizens United decision (2010), the professional GOPe machine changed their strategy and began fighting back against DeMint’s firebrand of conservative primary politics.

The establishment GOP (McConnell, Hatch, Cornyn, Blunt, Thune etc) used the CU decision to coordinate with lobbyists like CoC President Tom Donohue and fund Super-PAC’s with tens of millions of dollars for attacks against republican primary candidates they viewed as outside the party norms.

By the 2012 election the GOPe strategy was working and most of the incumbent republicans were considered safe and secure.  The defeat of Mitt Romney didn’t matter to the UniParty republican leadership; what mattered most was their ability to remain in power.

If the UniParty republicans lose an election to a democrat nothing changes; the leadership remains in power and influence regardless of the flag color atop the spire.  However, if the UniParty republicans lose an election to a real conservative their power is threatened; this is why the professional GOPe attack their own.

For all of these reasons it just makes sense for Jim DeMint to join the Trump administration.  DeMint could be a great Chief-of-Staff replacement for Priebus, or DeMint could be the COO inside DC to guide the architecture of legislative constructs that are in line with Trump’s policy objectives.   Jim DeMint and Mike Pence are strong allies and good friends from all earlier battles on Capitol Hill.

Jim DeMint would be a natural asset to the administration because the battle has now evolved beyond party affiliation; and the UniParty, including the GOPe, must be confronted if any success is to be achieved.

To fight this:

…You Need This:

….Because ultimately the battle looks like this:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Christian Values, Decepticons, Deep State, Election 2018, Election 2020, media bias, Mike pence, Mitch McConnell, Notorious Liars, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Tea Party, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

255 Responses to Part III – Prediction: Jim DeMint Will Join The Trump Administration…

1. Sandra-VA says:

I truly hope Jim DeMint joins the Trump Administration! I always liked him… I thought he might run for President but he ended up at Heritage.

• My grandmother played bridge with his mother in law and my uncle did business with Jim when he was a consultant… FWIW he has been the best senator from SC in my lifetime…
      I had thought that he would run against Lindsey Graham… FWIW after I read the rules for giving up a seat and then running again… Demint had dropped his Senate seat in time that he could have run again in the election against Lindsey… and he would have been able to beat him. Just my WISHFUL THINKING trying to rid us of the scourge of Liberal Liar Lindsey.

• Jim DeMint and Mick Mulvaney are really good friends as well.

• farmhand1927 says:

Having met Jim DeMint a few times at political rallies and being a follower of his political career, I think he’d be an extremely beneficial and highly successful addition to the Trump Administration. He’s a quality human being, genuine and decent, family oriented, man of faith and great integrity and ethics. Rock rib conservative which is why The Senate Swamp wanted him gone.

When President Trump collaborated with the Heritage Foundation in developing his list of potential SCOTUS picks, I was thinking then that DeMint would be a true asset to our President.

2. ginaswo says:

#MakeItSo #SoSayWeAll #MAGA

3. snaggletooths says:

I would be 100& happy if Jim DeMint was offered something in the Trump administration.

4. I know its a fools errand, and I did it more to let off steam, then anything else. I sent Speaker Ryan an email demanding he support President Trump’s agenda, and fund, and build the Wall.

Also suggested its perhaps time for a new speaker.

Of course, this is all pretty useless. But it did make me feel good this morning…

5. Pam says:

Best of luck to Mr. Demint in his future endeavors. Hopefully a job in the administration will be in his future.

6. The Renegade says:

DeMint was my Senator and more effective than Miss Lindsey. I’d love to see him in either position Sundance brought up but wonder how he’d do working with McConnell. I’m for him taking Chief of Staff. The WH needs realignment.

7. Digleigh says:

Great idea!! Go Jim!!

8. Donna in Oregon says:

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”
    General James Mattis

9. Minnie says:

Indeed, I could very well support Mr. DeMint

Along with TERM limits for ALL of CONgress

• Trumpinalong says:

We have term limits now….elections.
      What is the most dangerous time in Congress?
      Lame duck session.
      Yet, too many folks want to give representatives a 2 year lame duck session and senators a 6 year lame duck session.
      Why?

• Sentient says:

Because, given the seniority system in Congress, the longest “serving”, most entrenched pork barrelers, the ones most in need of the boot, are the ones who are best enabled to bring the bacon to their district and bribe their way to perpetual reelection. Robert Byrd, for example. Honorable voters who cast out their representatives fare worse than dishonorable voters who vote for the incumbent who robs the entire country to benefit their district. The only way for honorable voters to not be forever disadvantaged is to enact term limits to disgorge the most shameless panderers.

• EternalVigilanc3 says:

Great point Trumpinalong! I would like to add, the congressman may leave because of term limits. However who would stay behind? The aides and staff, the newly elected member would just fit like a glove into that.

• Katherine McCoun says:

It is up to us, the citizens, to enforce term limits via being active in the local party, Voting in the primary as well as the general, communicating with your congressman and generally being active and holding them accountable.

I would work VERY Against term limits – unless Sundance explained why they are a good idea! 🙂 In their last term, there would be No accountability to the voters back home unless they were going to run for another office. In some ways that would be even worse. If they were going to run for another office it would probably be for a wider territory (a congressman running for a senate seat, for example) and so they would move to the middle to appeal to a wider audience v. representing their district.

• elleb77 says:

I agree. Politicians would become much more dangerous if they did not have to worry about reelection. The voters determine term limits.

• Kroesus says:

also another problem with term limits is it would further enhance bureaucrats’ (permanent unelected power) and they are like bad gum, hard to get rid of once it is stuck to you

• Katherine McCoun says:

True. We would see even further reliance on staff, caucus organizational staff, party staff and lobbyists as the “professionals” and “experts”. Good point

10. Oldschool says:

This was my first thought when I heard DeMint might be ousted. He would be a very knowledgeable and strong asset to the Trump admin.

11. Just Curious says:

I am proud of my former South Carolina Senator, and have voted for him many times in the past. I cannot express the same feeling for the other Senator, and that feeling is not directed toward our other junior Senator in our great state Let’s hope that Jim will find a niche inside our president administration and help advancing his agenda. I did not realize how powerful and wealthy the opposition to our agenda until Sundance explained it in his 3-part articles. The natural reaction is to feel despair and give up, but our president is not quitting so why should I?

• singingsoul says:

I am so amazed about Government intrigue and feel that the same is also in Europe. The big wigs holding the purse just as the Kings, Princes and Barons did before them. We broke free from tyranny and found collectively hope in he US.
      Sadly the tyranny fallowed because the could and the found tax collectors selling out their people. How dare they!
      God willing President Trump and his men /women will fight the good fight with intelligence , strong will and courage. Let us not stand behind them but with them he is our voice we are his army of voters , prayer worriers and support and voices who will shout from the roof tops if they cross our man. Now is the time to stand together and fight the good fight for our kids and grandchildren and our country.
      Jim DeMint may he be what is needed a good man to join the good fight.

• Trumpinalong says:

Don’t forget Tim Scott went to that never Trump retreat. His voting has gone down hill. Probably being black mailed.

• Zen Masta says:

I spotted Tim Scott hanging out with John McCain during the last election here in DC, I had a bad feeling he’s sold out. He was with the swamp creatures coming out of a meeting. He did provide some support for President Trump but ended up going for Cruz or Rubio if I recall correctly.

• mopar2016 says:

Yes Tim Scott and Trey Gowdy both supported Rubio in the primaries.
          Gowdy supports the so called “dreamers” and is on the same page as Luis Guiterrez.
          Gowdy says that it’s “impossible to not like Guiterrez”. They’re pals.
          I can’t stand Guiterrez and I’ve never liked him. And Gowdy is a phony in my opinion.
          Gowdy talks a good game and he’s entertaining, I understand why he’s got a lot of people fooled.
          De Mint is the real deal, that’s why he was just fired from Heritage.
          De Mint and Sessions were the only senators that I had any respect for.

• graphiclucidity says:

FWIW, McMaster was practically the only major official to back Trump in the SC primary.

Sanford, Scott, Haley, Graham, Gowdy, everybody, even Mulvaney.

So I don’t hold it against them all, and I live here.
            It was the SC Republican apparatus along with the national GOP position for AnybodtButTrump at that time.

Trump isn’t holding it against people either.

Graham and Sanford have gotten under my skin for different reasons over the years.
            Scott is relatively new in his political role, so we’ll have to watch him in the future.

• Yippeekiyay says:

Agree, Mopar2016. “De Mint is the real deal, that’s why he was just fired from Heritage.” I like the fact that he thinks for himself and doesn’t fall into the think tank mentality.

• My Senator, Rob Portman, is also one one the Shameful Seven. An anti-Trumper, except briefly when Trump was leading in OH and good old Rob jumped on the bandwagon, he very quickly turned on Trump again and has remained in that adversarial role. No one decent was able to run against him with all his COC money rolling in, and we are stuck with that fraud for another LONG six years. I have emailed him numerous times and he is non-responsive.

• singingsoul says:

deplorablerightwing

Portman is also my Senator and Shameful.

• Kaco says:

I’m in Ohio, too, and I hate seeing his face on these pictures! He is Kasich’s boy. I have to make a confession, I did not vote for Portman, I knew he had it locked against Strickland, though. I voted for Tom Connors, who Patriot Lady on here gave me information about since she’s in my county and was campaigning for him. So I did “vote my conscience” and my husband was disgusted with Portman and I found out he voted for Connors, too! I hope we can primary Portman next time.

Brown’s up next year, I don’t know who is running against him.

My representative is running for governor, Renacci.

• Old Persimmon says:

Portman keeps emailing me to tell how proud he is of doing joint appearances with Sherrod Brown. WTF? Makes me have to go worship at the porcelain alter every time.

12. auntiefran413 says:

I’d love to see Jim DeMint working IN the White House. I have nothing but respect for the man going back (relatively recently) to when he spoke at the 9/12 March on DC (2009). One of the most wonderful experiences in my lifetime was being part of a crowd of about one million people who shared the same objective! DeMint would be the perfect replacement for Priebus!!!

13. i'm just sayin'.. says:

Me likey…..

14. MaineCoon says:

“DeMint could be the COO inside DC to guide the architecture of legislative constructs that are in line with Trump’s policy objectives. Jim DeMint and Mike Pence are strong allies and good friends from all earlier battles on Capitol Hill.”

This scenario makes sense. He knows the turf and has the background to navigate in it.

• MaineCoon says:

P.S. Too bad he couldn’t be Speaker of the House.

• Sharon says:

There’s nothing specifically preventing him from being Speaker of the House.

Here’s just one link discussing the issue:

• leebelieu says:

He can be. Anybody can. Get the Republicans to nut up or shut up about “true conservative principles”(looking at you Freedom Caucus.)

• The Boss says:

Don’t forget to look at Lyin’ Ted!

• maiingankwe says:

DeMint gave a lot of money to Cruz and Mike Lee throughout the years. This makes me a bit nervous and confused. Was DeMint fooled like so many of us?

I do know DeMint and McConnell argued and fought a great deal, and that is always a good thing. He also did his best to get rid of the GOPe and insert tea party members. Unfortunately, most of those members if not all have been bought off. They’ve easily forgotten about us.

I’m still out about DeMint, and all I can do is watch and look for action and results. I know there are good many here who really like this guy, I just don’t know enough about him and have become untrustworthy when it comes to all politicians.

I used to donate and was a member of the Heritage Foundation. However, when I saw them pushing Cruz and how they school so many young republicans in the eyes of Cruz, I stopped all donations. I just couldn’t trust them anymore.

I just have to say it is so hard to look at any politician favorably after reading these three articles from Sundance. Time will tell, and we have a bit of it, just not a lot. No matter, I do pray for the best.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Lyin’ Ted serves with Thune on the Commerce Committee that didn’t accept the NAFTA letter from Secretary Ross.

15. SteveInTX says:

It would be a step up for DeMint. The only guy I know at Heritage likes to beat his chest about how they were coordinating Cruz’s tactics to fight the GO8 bill. When I told him it was a failure, (it DID pass the Senate) He was just belligerent. What has Heritage actually accomplished in the last 10 years? I look forward to Jim being in a place to make some progress for us.

• Wend says:

Those “think tanks” are all scams except for the Manhattan Institute.

• Old Persimmon says:

I was composing a post in my mind along that exact line as I read yours. Heritage has been all about fundraising for their own account for many years, and publishing oh-so-thoughtful essays, not actually DOING anything productive. DeMint must have thought he could change that; but it’s been a futile task. Time to stop trying, and let ’em sink back into the RINO swamp. Go Jim!

16. calbear84 says:

I was encouraged to see the number of Heritage people on Trump’s transition / landing teams. Hope it continues.

• Curry Worsham says:

Heritage Foundation/DeMint and the Federalist Society provided the SCOTUS list which was critical to Trump’s election.

• Peg_C the Deplorable says:

That is true, though Heritage is looking scuffed these days and now I think it’s because DeMint is being marginalized.

Trump also consulted Judge Napolitano who made no secret of the fact that Gorsuch was his top favorite and he definitely communicated that to our president.

17. leebelieu says:

Jim DeMint for Speaker of the House.

18. StrandedinCA says:

The picture depicting Lindsey Graham is priceless!!!!

19. Fe says:

Sundance, this makes so much sense, and I’m getting all excited about this possibility. DeMint would be an answer to the America First agenda and getting legislation written, sponsored and passed. I know one thing about our President, he IS very creative. This will all work out all according to God’s plan!

20. mariner says:

It had seemed to me that Heritage had become more Establishment than conservative, and I wondered about that.

Now I see: the GOPe took it over, and the conservative DeMint wasn’t acceptable to them.

21. mrt721 says:

Jim DeMint, White House Chief of Staff?

22. Chris says:

Jim Demint would make a FINE replacement for speaker of the house .
    Can I get a He!! YEA !! ?

23. Grace Anne says:

I think Jim DeMint would be a great addition to the Trump team. It was a dark day when he left the senate. Continue to pray for trusted people surround and aid our President. I trust him over RP any day. And he is not best friend with Ryan. Win win!

• PatriotKate says:

Like everyone else here, I always respected Jim DeMint and he had as much impact in the Senate as he could. I presumed that he left the Senate, because he felt there was no leadership in order for him to be effective.

Maybe he could head up President Trump’s inside team that would write the Legislation he now needs.

As, COS, I’d also agree. He knows the Swamp.

24. Duckman says:

Seems I remember from the last time we had an “election” or vote on the speaker position, it came up that the speaker does not have to be a member of congress??? Ummm maybe DeMint would be a good choice? Seems to me that if the rules allow, a patriot in the speaker position such as DeMint would be a better asset.

25. ALEX says:

Great news…I haven’t liked some of what has been coming out of Heritage and there seemed to be friction….I’m very pleased he’s a friend of Pence, who is someone who voted against bank bailout and even the Medicare Part B expansion without paying for it …

The more physical and social conservatives the better…I’m tired of lip service uni-party frauds…President Trump is showing real Conservative leanings doing all he has done…The faux Nevertrump right media can go pound sand…

To think W and JEB! we’re supposedly Conservative or even Paul RINO Ryan…

26. El Torito says:

I voted for DJT to break the back of the uniparty and bury it alive, begging for their lives, if need be. I am all for DJT releasing the hammers of hell on the GOP. The sooner the better. Every day counts. I know he knows when the time will be right. I just hope he makes it slow and excruciating, starting with Paul Ryan. Or fast and painless – just get the bastards out and keep their f-ing coats.

27. Peg_C the Deplorable says:

I’ve always loved DeMint! We (the whole family) met him in 2009 at the Armory in D.C. the day before the March to the Capitol. He, Pence, Dick Armey, Judd Gregg and quite a few others from the TP wings of the House and Senate spoke to all Tea Partiers who could get to the Armory and did a kind of casual meet-and-greet for folks after. His SCF was the ONLY thing I contributed $$ to during the 2010 campaign. Not all turned out perfectly (Lee is a NeverTrumper, O’Donnell didn’t make it in DE due to some smears, Rubio turned out to be IMHO a major fraud) but DeMint is gold. We were very dismayed when he went to Heritage, which was already 7 years ago no friend of the TP. And of course Ken Cuccinelli, who was great in the TP days arguing the case against the Individual Mandate, took over the SCF from DeMint and then became a NeverTrumper, committing skullduggery at the convention last summer, and had the nerve to tell all his subscribers he didn’t do what we all knew he did. DeMint is 10 times the man Cuccinelli will ever be. I don’t trust the SCF now, either.

It would be FANTASTIC to see Jim DeMint in the WH! If anyone can endanger those swamp creatures, he can.

28. bertdilbert says:

The one thing Trump proved is that money alone does not work any more. The opposing forces have money, it is all they know. If money is vinegar, then Trump is like a box of baking soda to it. Neutralized.

29. psadie says:

PTrump needs to shake up his staff with hard hitting, results driven people. Start with Chief-of-Staff then Speaker of the House and let’s get it done now! McConnell better watch his step too!

30. jmuniz1 says:

I do not Trust DeMint he endorsed Ted Cruz before the election and Marco Rubio is as establishment as they come. Unless the only way for Trump to bust up the neo-con party is to learn from the best Jim DeMint than that hire would make scene to me.

31. Enlightened Vulgarian says:

“Is there no decency?”

“Ohhh….Oh, fireworks…Lovely….”

32. quintrillion says:

I have always respected Jim DeMint as much as Jeff Sessions. Wonderful person and jumped ship when he saw what was. He is a great American asset. jmho.

• joanfoster says:

I agree with your comment on Jim DeMint. Unless, we can drain the swamp in 2018, even the good men like DeMint cannot make a lot of impact with the current congress. Cleaning house is our only option. We really need to begin focusing on congressional races and take out the obstructionists.

33. Curry Worsham says:

DeMint has a Reaganesque quality about him.

34. duchess01 says:

I was intrigued by that word used to describe the problem at Heritage Foundation – ‘bombastic’ – so I searched for information about what they do at the Heritage Foundation – ‘Think Tank’ – tells me nothing – I think they do more than just think – and I don’t see them as ‘bombastic’ at all –

I think Jim DeMint is getting a bad rap – whose feathers did he ruffle – it doesn’t matter – he will be relieved of his duties in spite of what he has accomplished – from what I have learned about him – I believe he could be an asset to the Trump Administration – wherever the President decides to put him – should he decide to offer him a position – like VP Pence – he is quite experienced in Congressional meanderings – and he is a Conservative – and ‘that’s a good thing’ –

It wasn’t too long ago someone suggested he might be qualified for an important position – don’t remember what it was – but, he was disqualified because he was not available – well, now he is – 🙂

35. WeThePeople2016 says:

This would be a welcome addition to the Trump Administration. I was saddened to see Jim DeMint leave the Senate because he was doing such a great job for the conservative cause. I hope this happens.

36. The Boss says:

The call-out to Jim DeMint in President Trump’s NRA address was very noticeably delivered. I suspect that lead to this prediction, with which I concur.

Related…I’m enjoying the posts from the Palmetto Treepers about their experience with DeMint as their senator. I’m getting the feeling that if they could do it over, none of us would have ever heard of Miss Linseed.

37. kltk1 says:

Not a big fan of Demint, however, in this scenario I agree he’s probably a good fit simply because the establishment hates him. If they hate him, I love him, so to speak. The current leadership needs to be challenged at every opportunity and Demint would likely head up that challenge. As he’s hated by so many established insiders, I’d like to see him at Chief of Staff instead of running around Washington getting stonewalled at every turn.Priebus is another stooge that needs to go. Sadly, I think we’re stuck with him. Trump needs Wisconsin and Ryan isn’t cooperating with this President, at all.

38. Jay Chou says:

i hope Sundance can blast this Sen. Demint’s WH hopeful appointment everywhere.

Press Secretary Spicer – I know that you and your WH peeps read this blog. Come on!

39. TwoLaine says:

Several sources are now saying he’s out.

40. Jim DeMint: Assistant to the President for Legislative Development
    • Hire the BEST from K-Street to write Trump-Agenda Legislation
    • Hire the HIGHEST-IMPACT LOBBYISTS to garner Congressional sponsors & support
    • Run the Campaigns for MAGA Legislation Passage
    • Fund the HELL out of the DeMint Operation with the White House Budget, as well as Private and Corporate Donations
    • Redirect ALL Trump Fundraising to be Agenda-Specific and Patriot-Primary-Specific, and Crowd-Source it like crazy.
    • Brand Congressional Opponents as Deep-State RINO Operatives.

• OUR money will produce the biggest impact during LEGISLATING.

We need to forget about impact during CAMPAIGNING.

We need to make elections about one thing:
      LEGISLATIVE PRODUCTION to enact the Trump Agenda.
      That way, we neuter the impact of PAC funding.

41. sunnydaze says:

Pretty sure DeMint was one of the R. congress peeps that made me switch from a D voter to an R voter back in ’06/’07. He was one of the Rs that was voting against the Wall Street Bailouts and calling out the Fed Reserve- unlike every Dem congresscritters.

Was disappointed when he was suddenly no longer in the Senate.

It’d be great to have him back.

42. Sentient says:

I always liked Demint. Where is he on interventionism?

43. Gil says:

Couldn’t help it….

44. Howie says:

Time to Kick Some Ass.

45. Katherine McCoun says:

The issue of having so few of the established DC political think tanks and organizations that are not part of the Uniparty is very eye opening. I have heard a number of people ask why the Trump administration hasn’t pulled more from a pool of potential appointees outside of the DC and GOPe. But where is this pool of eligible, experienced, knowledgable, willing professionals that the Trump Admin can hire/appoint? Seems like those already involved in DC are stained in some way or the other. I think this is one of the reasons why President Trump has pulled from the private sector, such as Tillerson

Glad there are some with strong potential to MAGA!

46. Howie says:

Sounds good to me.

47. rjcylon says:

“We are not going to get bogged down in the weeds and loose the capacity to see the larger, more consequential, picture..”

I’ve thought a lot about this since reading pt 1 yesterday. I shared it on Breitbart a few times because people are blaming Paul Ryan for Obamacare repeal stalling. I’m not a fan of Paul Ryan, but I remember this exact type of thing happening when Boehner was there. People were elated when Boehner left–and what has changed in congress? Literally nothing. The Freedom Caucus finally supports reform… just in time for the “moderates” to decide THEY no longer like the bill.

“Did you hear? They’re whipping votes, Capitol Hill is buzzing, big news about to break….oh, never mind. Vote canceled.” On and on and on this will go, for the next eight years. It’s Lucy with the football and we fall for it EVERY TIME.

If special interest money is the only game in town, I’m not sure what the point of following the daily ins and outs of congress is anymore. I’ve done it for years, and apparently it’s useless. They don’t work for us, they work for the donors. I can’t change that. And I have a life to live.

So I’m going to focus on where the change is really happening, which is with President Trump himself, his cabinet, his negotiating tactics, the art of the deal. That’s where the positive momentum is. Everything else I’m going to tune out because it’s a waste of time.

Many of us made fun of Obama’s “pen and phone”, but it looks like Trump is going to have to follow that style of governing out of necessity. After Trump leaves office, I really hope something has changed. If regular people can’t run for office anymore because it takes too much money, then let’s have a government run by people like Trump and his cabinet–highly effective leaders who are so wealthy from working in the private sector that they are immune from Swamp money and the need for it.

48. Howie says:

Time to shake and bake. Shed some dead weight. Priebus, Sessions, couple others. Lets go!

49. woohoowee says:

April 11, 2017

Jim DeMint: ‘I’m convinced’ GOP will tee up another health care bill after break

-snip-

Heritage Action for America, the advocacy arm of Mr. DeMint’s group, was one of several high-profile conservative groups that vocally opposed the American Health Care Act, which the House GOP rolled out last month.

So the whole exercise thus far was really about ousting Pipsqueak Ryan?

50. wheatietoo says:

I never really understood why he left the Senate.

Can someone help me out here?

I know what he said at the time…but it didn’t really make much sense to me:

Was there something else going on behind the scenes?