Friday April 28th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

142 Responses to Friday April 28th – Open Thread

1. I have no idea why PDJT wanted this job aside from love of country, and for us, devine intervention. THANK GOD……

• justfactsplz says:

I do believe it was divine intervention.

• The Media, at least ‘The View’ which probably means, all the Media, is suddenly shocked to learn, PDJT, is human and misses his ‘Old Life’.

I didn’t hear the interview to which they were referring. I’m sure there is a great deal of out of context meaning…

I can recall nearly every holder of the office, in my lifetime, expressing some variant of this idea, even former President Obama. But because President Trump said it, they leap to the worst conclusion of ‘Wishing he didn’t take the job’.

Of course, a power hungry woman, Hillary Clinton, all she ever had was her desire for the office – That indeed was her entire life’s goal. Which should scare normal humans.

Its very clear we’re in a new stage of the Arch-Narrative, which is laser focused on separating PDJT from his base.

2. carterzest says:

Ready for more winning!

3. citizen817 says:

4. JMScott says:

Dear AdRem, have you by chance looked at the IP of the post right before Alf posts?

• Ad rem says:

I’m just coming back from a two-week vacay, so I’ll need a while to catch up on the blog. I’ve searched the comments for “Alf”, and I’m finding out some of the answers. Could you help me put the pieces together with an email….it would be appreciated.

5. Garrison Hall says:

Music set to passages from Juan Ramon Jimenez’s famous poem about his little Donkey, Platero.

6. nimrodman says:

It’s not rocket science, I don’t think you need the FBI, how ‘bout just some snitches in the ‘hood?

Realistically, though, short of replacing the entire population with ethnic Finns and Norwegians, I can’t think of much that’ll put a dent in Baltimore’s violent crime rate. At least not anything that anyone is willing politically to do.

‘We Need More Federal Help’: Baltimore Mayor Turns to FBI as Her City’s Murder Rate Rises Sharply

• citizen817 says:

Nimrodman,

I’m in Baltimore County, a stones throw from the city. Used to live in the city. Got too dangerous. Must get the illegal aliens and MS13 out first. Then you have to get the rest of the gangs out…Jamaicans,etc. And then there is the major drug problems with the heroine free flowing. New mayor Catherine Pugh replaced Sheila Dixon who was mayor during Freddie Gray death, and subsequent riots. Sanctuary City run by Dumbocrats.
      The mayor should be going to the Justice Dept. for the federal assistance.

• nimrodman says:

Sounds like a prescription, Citizen.

Which political leader do you think will step forward and take those necessary steps?

• citizen817 says:

I would hope our Republican Governor Larry Hogan would step up to the plate and offer assistance to the City via the national guard. Hogan is only the 2nd R governor to be elected in the last 50 yrs. We had a R from 2003-07. I have no illusions that Hogan will do right for the City, as he wouldn’t endorse Trump. Still SMH on that.

• auscitizenmom says:

Isn’t this the mayor who wouldn’t let the police do their job? Maybe she should consider that first.

7. smiley says:

A March Moment

o/c

(no date)

Colley Whisson ~ Australian (b. 1966) ~ Contemporary ~ Impressionism

his work is so beautiful, more here…

8. Lucille says:

Portland cancels annual Roses Parade after threats from ‘resistance’
    By Rick Moran – April 27, 2017

9. The Popcorn Tape says:

Since this is very off-topic, I’m posting it in the open thread because I can’t think of a better place for this question that’s been bugging me these past few months.
    The sidebars of this website have been purple ever since Prince died.
    Is this going to be a permanent change? Just wondering.
    I’m fine with it either way, I’m just curious.

10. citizen817 says:

11. Dora says:

Betsy Havens – “Out and About” (2015)

12. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;”
    Ephesians 5:20 (KJV)

13. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

14. smiley says:

The Battle of Berkeley ~ The New Right Rises

April 27, 2017

15. smiley says:

tgif, y’all 🙂

16. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

photo a.m.20taxes.jpg

17. Dora says:

Show Off. 🙂

18. citizen817 says:

19. BigMamaTEA says:

Mornin’ Treeps!

Been watching House-teevee. Well, now the House has passed a 1 week extension to keep gov’t “open” and give them more time to “work.” BWAHAHAHAHAHAHahaha! {Should’ve only taken 1 week for Easter!}

20. Lucille says:

An excellent vid from PragerU:

“How Socialism Ruined My Country”

(Female note: the guy isn’t bad either!)

21. Timmy-the-Ute says:

22. Ad rem says:

photo 1398677739_59663c84_1398677739_zps612a21fd.gif

……. photo 844188877_1982694_zps86e2934e.gif

East Coasters….how ’bout some cake with your afternoon tea? On the West Coast, we’ll just call it “lunch”.  photo smileys-birthday-139183_zps7bkajgab.gif

photo 3cdbfda3-d1b3-4187-a54c-8d56a8825dd2_zpsidb2zmyw.jpg

23. Sentient says:

Epic column from the day after the election: http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016-11-09.html

24. nihonsuki says:

Trump is aware that the Saudi defense is expensive. good.

I would like to once again promote peace with al qaeda. The USA will have to withdraw troops from the middle east, and terminate support of Israel. A big check can be written to Israel before the peace deal takes effect. The wantonly corrupt and incompetent Kabul government will fall to the Taliban. al qaeda’s other strong affiliates in Syria and Yemen will fight Iranian allies. The other affiliates are weak, and can be fought by local soldiers, if foreigners supply money.

The USA will get to avoid middle east wars for a while.

25. Sandra-VA says:

If anyone is interested in British TV classics, BBC and ITV shows there are two new streaming services available:

Acorn TV – $4.99 per mth – they have a lot of the shows that are normally shown on PBS/Masterpiece Theater as well as some material not shown on TV over here. Website is Acorn dot TV and they have a 7 day free trial.

BritBox – OMG!!!! I couldn’t believe I found this after I paid for a whole year of Acorn… they are $6.99 per mth but have a TON of shows that are currently airing in the UK along with old classics and a couple of the Soaps like EastEnders, Emmerdale Farm and Holby City. This is a joint venture between BBC & ITV. I signed up the other day and am in heaven 😀 Britbox dot com and they have 7 day trial.

As an expat, I am thrilled to FINALLY have access to my Brit TV. I missed it….

Just thought I would share in case there are any others around who love Brit TV and spent a fortune on Sling boxes/VPNs. Also a good option for the cable cutters.

• auscitizenmom says:

Well that looks like an answer to a prayer. A guy told us the other day that somebody bought whatever company has WUSF and it will be going away. That is where I watch most of the BBC shows. I wondered where we would be able to find them. I love the BBC shows, esp. Are You Being Served and Keeping Up Appearances. I have seen them so many times I can almost quote them word for word. And, now, there are a lot of newer ones that I watch. So, thanks.

26. Gil says:

I came across this article and Disney should be ashamed of themselves and we should be proud of law enforcement:

Disneyland Says ‘No’ To A Terminally Ill Child
    MAKING DREAMS COME TRUE

Corky Bell
    Executive Director, The Debbie Chisholm
    Memorial Foundation; RSO Corporal (Retired)
    March 14
    I received an urgent call from Loma Linda Child Life Special-ist James Ball. James
    had a two-year old boy, Roman Beyer, on the 4800 unit
    who wanted to meet Mickey Mouse but
    only had days to live. James contacted
    DCMF because he knew we would stop at
    nothing to make sure that Roman got to
    see Mickey Mouse before he passed.
    I contacted the folks at Disney and they
    promptly told me that Disney does not send
    characters off premises. I told them that
    was not true as they had done this before
    for our charity and I emailed them pictures
    proving what I said. They would not relent
    and I became furious. I told them they send
    Mickey and Minnie to parades and Disney
    store openings so why not help a dying child.
    I offered to pay for the costs of the
    characters to include salaries, food, and
    transportation but the answer was still
    no. To hell with them, I guaranteed we
    would make this happen and so I turned to
    FaceBook for help.
    DCMF Director Kylleen Coogan, who
    was at the beach on vacation, saw my post
    and she got to work with her social media
    contacts. In a matter of just an hour we had
    secured Mickey and Minnie actors who said
    they would visit Roman just for the price
    of their gas. I will not mention their names
    because Disney has long reaching arms.
    On March 16 Roman got to meet his
    favorite Disney Characters and his parents
    Monnica and Jorge Beyer were overjoyed
    that their little cancer warrior was able to
    see Mickey and Minnie face to face in his
    hospital room.
    The 4800 unit nurses and James Ball
    were so happy that Roman got his wish
    and joined in the excitement of the visit.
    Sadly, little Roman died five days later
    surrounded by his loving family.
    make this happen for Roman, especially our
    unnamed heroes in the Mickey and Minnie
    costumes, DCMF Director Kylleen Coogan,
    and Deputy Ryan Huizinga, the Secretary
    for the Riverside Sheriffs’ Association.
    A very special thank you to The
    Riverside Sheriffs’ Association (RSA),
    who have supported DCMF for 23 years.
    Without you this would never have been
    possible and this child would have passed
    without his wish coming true.
    Shame on you Disney Corporation, you
    should have stepped up without
    hesitation!
    DCMF MAKES IT
    HAPPEN!

27. God bless you all my sweet Treepers, you are my Refuge💖

28. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

29. b4im2old says:

I hadn’t surfed the lucianne site in ages (close to maybe 18mo or probably more) and just decided to take a gander over there tonight. To my pleasant surprise there is a Treeper whose name I didn’t recognize that is doing a GREAT job sharing lots of cth articles there! Just wanted to give thanks and a shout out to “earlybird” for sharing “our” excellent resource (SD) and treehouse family with others seeking a refuge from the LSM fake news! 🙂