Having spent over 30 years deep in the weeds on the actuarial side of trade and economics, I can guarantee you there’s a generational need to completely reset all frames of reference when it comes to imports, exports, and U.S. trade principles in general.

It is no longer worthwhile even beginning a conversation around the arcane concept of “free trade”, especially when discussing commodities and agricultural trade.  The “free market” was structurally disassembled years ago when multinational corporations began using the business end of agriculture to create investment and global profit via Wall Street.

The BIG AGRICULTURE legislative lobbying groups are funded -much like the U.S. CoC- with multinational corporations and multinational investment banks.  Agricultural prices, formerly referenced on basic supply and demand principles have been bastardized through global purchases, and contracts therein, of U.S. farm products.

Simple question to understand the dynamic: “If there is such a U.S. glut of raw milk, then why has the 10-year price of milk skyrocketed”?  Within the answer to that question you realize the product is not domestic.  It is controlled by multinationals, exported under controlled contract, and the domestic price (you pay) driven by global trade not domestic production/consumption (supply and demand).

The inverse (import pricing) is also true.  We’ve been getting screwed by the multinational interests of global trade for decades.  This is NOT ‘free trade’.  The BIG CLUB owns the process (inputs and outcomes) and manipulates the market in their interests, not yours. There simply is no “free market”.

[TRANSCRIPT] – 3:14 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT:  Busy day.  They had a very busy day — had a good day.  We’re doing well, very well.  Things are turning around.  I know they’re turning around for you folks, so I just want to welcome you very much to the White House — special place — America’s farmers and ranchers.

I especially want to congratulate Secretary — now I can say, Secretary Sonny Perdue, who was just sworn in as the Secretary of Agriculture — (applause) — sworn in by Justice Thomas.  And it was a beautiful ceremony, and we’re going to celebrate a little bit later, and that’s great.  We’re very happy.  And you had a good vote too.

SECRETARY PERDUE:  Yes, sir.

THE PRESIDENT:  You didn’t have one of those 51-49 votes.  (Laughter.)  He had a very big vote, so thank Justice Thomas too — great man, great person.  We appreciate it.

America’s noble farming tradition stretches back to its earliest days.  Farmers led the way across the Great Plains, and put down roots from coast to coast.  Today, America’s farmers feed not only our nation, but millions of people around the world, and we’re going to open that up much more for you folks because, as you know, it’s not totally open, to put it mildly.  We learned that yesterday, frankly, with Canada, where the dairy farmers up in Wisconsin, Upstate New York, different places — a lot of border states in particular — are not able to sell their dairy products into Canada.  And this has been going on for a while, and we’re not going to put up with it.

And separately, we put a very big tax — we will be putting a very big tariff on lumber — timber — coming into this country.  People don’t realize Canada has been very rough on the United States.  Everyone thinks of Canada as being wonderful, and so do I.  I love Canada.  But they’ve outsmarted our politicians for many years, and you people understand that.  So we did institute a very big tariff; we announced it yesterday.  And we’re going to take care of our dairy farmers in Wisconsin, and Upstate New York, and lots of other places.  So I think you people all probably agree with that, right?  Would you agree with that?  You better believe it.

Our farmers deserve a government that serves their interest and empowers them to do the hard work that they love to do so much.  And that’s what today’s executive order is all about.  With this order, I’m directing Secretary Perdue to work with other members of my Cabinet to identify and eliminate unnecessary regulations that hurt our nation’s farmers and rural communities.

Now, Sonny, I’ve already signed a lot of regulations and terminations that really help the farmer a lot.  You know what I’m talking about.  But we have some left, and you’ll identify them.  But we’ve really gotten rid of some of the biggest ones.  And that was a big help, right?  I mean, they won’t tell you about it, but they’re big numbers, and it’s going to mean a lot to the farmers.

This order also establishes the Interagency Task Force on Agriculture and Rural Prosperity, to be led by Secretary Perdue.  I just want to tell you that it’s an honor to be with you because, among many other things, with this order, we continue a very relentless effort to make life better for hardworking Americans, and that includes the farmers and all of the people gathered around this table, including our ranchers, our rural community folks.  We’re having a very, very big impact.  It’s already started.  Sonny is going to now identify additional areas where we can get rid of unnecessary regulations, and you people are going to be so prosperous, and you’re going to hire so many more people than currently work for you, and that’s going to make me very happy, okay?

So I want to thank you very much.  So do we have the executive order, please?

So this is promoting agriculture and rural prosperity in America.  And, now, there’s a lot of words I won’t bother reading everything.  But agriculture and rural prosperity in America, that’s what we want.  And we don’t want to be taken advantage of by other countries — and that’s stopping, and that’s stopping fast.  Okay, thank you.

(The President signs the executive order.)

Well, perhaps I should give this pen to Sonny Perdue.  What do you think?  (Laughter and applause.)

Thank you very much, everybody.

Q    Mr. President, do you fear a trade war with Canada, sir?

THE PRESIDENT:  No, not at all.

Q    Why not?

THE PRESIDENT:  They have a tremendous surplus with the United States.  Whenever they have a surplus, I have no fear.  By the way, virtually every country has a surplus with the United States.  We have massive trade deficits.  So when we’re the country with the deficits, we have no fear.

Q    Will you sign a CR if it doesn’t include funding for the wall?

THE PRESIDENT:  Say it?

Q    Will you sign a CR to continue funding the government if it doesn’t include —

THE PRESIDENT:  The wall is going to get built, by the way.  Just in case anybody has any question:  The wall is going to get built, and the wall is going to stop drugs, and it’s going to stop a lot of people from coming in that shouldn’t be here, and it’s going to have a huge effect on human trafficking, which is a tremendous problem in this world — a problem that nobody talks about — but it’s a problem that’s probably worse than any time in the history of this world.  Human trafficking, what’s going on.

The wall is going to get built, and we’re setting record numbers in terms of stopping people from coming in, and stopping drugs from coming in.  You see the numbers down 73, 74 percent.  I will say, Secretary Kelly — formerly General Kelly — is doing an incredible job.  And I was just with him a little while ago, and he said we definitely, desperately need the wall.  And we’re going to have the wall built.  I mean, I don’t know why people are talking.  I watch these shows, and the pundits in the morning — they don’t know what they’re talking about.  The wall gets built — 100 percent.  Thank you very much.

Q    When will the wall get built?

THE PRESIDENT:  Soon.  We’re already preparing.  We’re doing plans.  We’re doing specifications.  We’re doing a lot of work on the wall, and the wall gets built.  The wall is very, very important.

Q    In your first term?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, it’s certainly going to — yeah, yeah, sure.

Q    In your first term?

THE PRESIDENT:  We have plenty of time — got a lot of time.

Thank you. [media excused]

END – 3:21 P.M. EDT

Do not doubt the ability of Donald Trump to begin deconstructing decades of usurpation of America’s interests as they have been carried out by a severe set of financial interests adverse to the U.S.   However, do not also doubt the scope of the multinational and corporate financial interests who will fight him every inch of the way.

There are trillions of dollars at stake.

President Trump needs our help.

The DC political class has been paid to retain the interests of multinational corporations by an army of lobbyists who operate on their behalf.

Again, for reference:

You’ll note this 30-year comparative time figure is the three decade reference CTH always utilizes when discussing trade and economics.

Think about the scale of expenditure behind the lobbying class spending  $3,100,000,000 ($3.1 billion) !

If they are willing to spend $3.1 billion, in a single year, to purchase the legislative constructs of Washington DC…

….Then how big is the scale of the money behind such an expenditure?

There is no such modern concept as “free trade”.

Period.

Fight the narratives.  Fight the media.  Fight against the BS.  Arm yourself with intellectual armament.  Fight with all your intellectual might to understand the basic truth hidden by decades of lies.   Then begin explain to your family and friends.

This entry was posted in A New America, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Budget, Economy, Education, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury. Bookmark the permalink.

108 Responses to President Trump Talks Agriculture and Trade During Roundtable With Secretary Perdue – (W/ Media Q&A)…

1. magatrump says:

Thank you Sundance. Your work is so vital to our understanding and implementation of the Trump America First Agenda. God bless you and keep up the good work.
    I stand fully behind President Trump.

2. missmarple2 says:

The idea that Trump would back-track on the wall is just stupid. It was a trademark of his campaign, and he keeps his campaign promises.

All of the controversy is media-driven, either to undermine him or to get controversy clicks for some of the alt-right web sights.

The Wall will be built. Period.

• Dani Tx says:

I think a lot of the controversy is Paul Ryan driven.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I have no doubt that the Wall will be built. I wish it were already built, but I understand there are obstacles. It makes me angry, but they are there. And I am 100% confident President Trump will find a way to git r’ done.

• farmhand1927 says:

There are those arguing that Border Patrol is successfully shutting down illegal border crossings, so why build the wall? Why build The Great Wall of Trump? Because some day the idiotic Left will win the White House again. If no wall is built now, the invasion will start again.

Build that wall! Build that wall! Build that wall!

Go ahead, Democrats, shut down the government. That pertains to non-essential services anyway. Shut it down and when we see no difference in our lives, those non-essential people can get real jobs in the booming Trump Economy.

3. Alleycats says:

Not tired of winning. More importantly, I’m not tired of fighting. I will go to the mat for my President.

4. Donna in Oregon says:

I am still new to The Conservative Treehouse. I want to fight for President Trump’s agenda but we (patriots) don’t seem to have a playbook or concentrated effort like the Progressives do.

Is there a plan? A concerted plan that is available? I really want to join in, just need directions.

Thank you in advance for any information.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Oh, sorry. If it’s on the Internet it’s not protected information. I get it. I will just keep calling and writing the Progressive Globalist elected representatives until they are fired and replaced by other Patriots.

No need to respond. This is why the Tea Party had no leaders, so they couldn’t be targets for the loons. Is this 1776 all over again? Yes, it is our re-birth…….again, apologies. Just get really excited about taking on the Globalists. 🙂

• jeans2nd says:

The answer is in the Weeds, Donna. The Weeds will never steer you wrong.

“Fight the narratives. Fight the media. Fight against the BS. Arm yourself with intellectual armament. Fight with all your intellectual might to understand the basic truth hidden by decades of lies. Then begin explain to your family and friends. Period.”

Btw, never be afraid to ask a question. Someone here will have the correct answer.

• CeeCee23 says:

Knowledge is power. The way to fight the uniparty’s agenda is to counter it with facts and knowledge. Eventually the blind will see.

• M. Mueller says:

I agree with all of the above. Let me just add to pray, and to back up our President – even when you can’t figure out why he says or does a particular thing. He has a good reason so back him up.

5. big bad mike says:

Let us pray for favorable weather this planting season. Maybe the farmers will get a fair price this year for an abundant crop. We foolishly ignored the Agricultural Industry for decades. We started marketing to this sector in 2010. Our business quadrupled because Farmers buy quality durable goods and they are not fooled by Brand Names who are living off past glory. They evaluate with their own hands and eyes. Plus, they are Loyal and prefer Made in the USA.

• andi lee says:

Never will forget the day when I purchased a ‘Stanley’ stainless steel coffe mug for the discounted price of $2, only to discover a sudsy, “Made in China”, stamped on the bottom. Now, I check everything prior to purchase. No MIC allowed.

I so long to see the day where, “Made in America”, is not a scarcity.

• MaineCoon says:

Mike, I hope you watch this video. SoAG Sonny Perdue is a strong Christian as is his sr advisor whom I’ve known for years. God is putting His people around our President.

Some of these current Trump doubters need to have some faith in God.

• “Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.”~Gen. George Patton
      Often I think of Gen.Patton when Pres. Trump is challenged and under fire.

• Eileen says:

Thank you Big Bad Mike for your encouraging comments! We raise livestock and grow white and yellow corn for Frito-Lay-Lay in Nebraska. We love what we do and enjoy working together as a family!

• farmhand1927 says:

God’s richest blessings to you and your farm family, Eileen. No better life. Farming is the highest calling, next to raising strong, level headed, hard working kids.

6. quintrillion says:

Usually the guests at the table way their names but not this time. The smiling young girl next to PDJT was not introduced? Her jacket said, something… v.p. 2016-2017.

Sonny will cut more regulations. MAGA agency by agency.

• GrantsLounge says:

She’s Valerie Earley, one of the National Vice-Presidents, Future Farmers of America.
      Believe she’s from Minn.

• BigDilbert says:

She must have loved being in that right hand woman spot!

• Fe says:

I recognize the jacket, my twin brothers in law we’re both in the FFA and wore them in high school.

• farmhand1927 says:

FFA , like 4-H, is a great organization. One of those America First institutions that was on the ‘fundamental transformation’ chopping block because it represents being #1 worldwide in agriculture and food production, strong family farms, faith, honest and meticulous stewardship of the rich soil God blessed us with.

Plus, those blue corduroy FFA jackets with the big yellow emblem on the back are way cool!

7. jello333 says:

Is there ANYTHING this guy isn’t good at (or can’t quickly learn to be good at)? Don knows agriculture, even.

• missmarple2 says:

A friend I have here in my home town and I have a running joke. “Of COURSE he knew Pavarotti! Of COURSE he knew Michael Jackson! ”

Reading his books, he has an inquisitive mind and is able to assimilate information and draw connections that most peole don’t see. (China, North Korea, coal shipments, US coal sales, for example).

So I am not surprised he understands agriculture. Trump Winery and golf course greens would give him a lot of knowledge of fertilizer costs, EPA regulations about water, markets, etc.

You can’t stump the Trump!!

HA!

• PatriotKate says:

8. Kaco says:

Does anyone want to start a flood congress campaign, especially to Ryan, to pass Ted Cruz’s new bill for El Chapo’s seized assets of 14 billion dollars pay for the wall? And to nuke any filibuster on it? I am actually impressed with Cruz’s idea.

• Curry Worsham says:

That’s brilliant! But Mexico can still pay for it eventually. Then that money can help pay for something else … like rebuilding the military.

• andi lee says:

We already started without you!

Check out Presidential thread under, ‘Atlas Shrugs’ posting, I think it was. He provided a direct email link to Rep Ryan, for any constintuent in the US.

Cruz, who? Is that the guy that died on the RNC stage?

• LoveofUSA says:

Yes, I believe that is the one. And I’m still surprised that being dead, he can still talk!

All extra money for the WALL needs to be directed for the future wall maintenance.
        I don’t even trust Congress to even approve any future WALL funding for repairs, upgrades, more border patrol officers, or any other Wall related needs. All of Congress are such despicable traitorous creatures.

9. A2 says:

Great rallying cry! Raise the guidon and get your marching boots on team MAGA.

10. fangdog says:

The press keeps asking Trump plus anyone connected with Trump over and over again; “Are you going to build the wall”? When has the answer been any different? When do these people finally “get it”?
    I would like Trump to answer just once with, “No”. All hell would break loose and it would be excellent entertainment. Then they all wake-up someday and there are bulldozers, cranes, trucks, tractors plus thousands of “diggers and fillers” building a wall. The wall in some way would be paid for by Mexico and that is that.

I guess it does create a diversion for the 90% leftists commie press from not having to talk about their buddies, the crooked, corrupt, criminal swamp dwellers.

• Curry Worsham says:

It’s a temporary “victory” for the GlobElite to claim that it is not happening – just because it’s not happening next week (100 days). Pffft.

11. Probably worth mentioning that the whole purpose behind NAFTA was to open Mexico up to US agribusiness, with immigration to the US of the newly unemployed and unskilled labor being the relief valve to prevent a revolution in Mexico. Thanks, George W Bush.

12. ALEX says:

Sundance is spot on and sorting through the weeds on this multi-national mess goes over most people’s heads, but we have the President and Wilbur etc …..

I read a comment on another forum from a Canadian who had thirty years in lumber sales…He was mentioning how the wood shipped down from Canada is sent back in some cases as plywood etc where it ends up costing more there then here….Its a mess…

The exchange rate and so many variables as Sundance mentions goes into this soup and it’s not free trade or anywhere near that or beneficial to us…..

13. tax2much says:

When your Republican leaders are Ryno, Turtle and McNuts, you have no chance.

14. Buck Turgidson says:

USDA is one of the truly overbloated federal agencies. If I am not mistaken, they have >100,000 employees. Their primary mission is to take tax dollars from American workers and transfer that money to Cargill, ADM, ConAgra, et al. The agency needs a massive haircut and we need to drastically cut subsidies to wealthy farmers to continue the stupid overproduction of corn and soybeans. This is a major taxpayer ripoff and USDA has a great PR machine that packages this nicely under an American Gothic, American Farmer salt of the Earth, fiction. RIPOFF. Stop it Mr Trump. The appointment of Sonny Perdue only adds to my pessimism that this out of control tax dollar sucking bureaucracy is going to be reigned in.

• GrantsLounge says:

Totally agree. We need to end the corporate welfare to the corporate farming conglomerates. Family farms have taken it on the chin for too long.

• Just a simple question, do you all love among farmers or ranchers? Do you daily sit down with them in country dinner and hsve coffee with them early in the morning? I would say don’t be throwing rocks at hard working farmers and ranchers who put food pn your table. Yes I know every vocation has its rotten apple or two, but please educate yourselves before casting stones. Just sayin’.
        Just and ol’ country preacher that is who I am.

• Grrrrrr … live among
          … but love would work in some cases

• Jenny R says:

I’m going to chime in:
          The day of the family farm is nearly over; the big ag conglomerates run nearly all of it. Most of the “family farmers” now work farms and ranches owned by them.
          Also, some of the subsidies to keep farm produce prices up are ridiculous — and they hurt the consumer, which in turn means they don’t buy as much, and the family farmer cannot take hits to the consumer market like big ag conglomerates which in turn drives the nail in further.
          And when you have guys publicly bragging about how they got paid more to put acreage in set aside (on which they got a further grant for putting in native prairie aka. their own private hunting ground) than they got from actually farming it, well, the battle for the hearts and minds of the public is lost (don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of setting aside ground; my grandfather routinely did it in a rotation — but you shouldn’t make taxpayers pay you for it).
          How do I know this: farming family (now out of business); worked for a large ag firm; live in farm country. Part of the problem has very much been the more than few bad apples (I would say “dumb as ___ and greedy to boot”).
          Shouldn’t have taken the bait from ol’ FDR fellas; you’re going to take us all down grabbing for those 30 silver coins — that’s what Gramps used to say; he was right.

• Jenny R says:

PS. a lot of guys also brag about getting that set aside money for land and then turning around and baling off it — one had the cheek to list $280 a ton for the stuff a few years ago…and that wasn’t even good orchardgrass, much less timothy, brome, or alfalfa…that was rank ditch silage he was trying to push off on poor unsuspectings, pfft!
            Got away with it too, more’s the pity.
            No matter, but I believe that used to be called “double dipping”.

• I do, and you are right. But unknown to most people is the fact that a HUGE portion of federal Ag money goes to WELFARE – food stamps, WIC, and other stuff. So don’t go bad-mouthing our nation’s farmers. Most farm “corporations” are family corporation, set up to protect families when the farms are passed from one generation to the next.

Just take a look at the USDA budget:

• Jenny R says:

It should be kept in mind that the welfare programs were put in place to help subsidize the farm industry — which means farmers have no problems with it. It wasn’t done out of a sense of charity to the poor.
            Farms do incorporate in order to take advantage of certain tax loopholes (hey, business and for the remaining small farms it does no damage, but the ones that really take advantage of it are not small or even mid-sized) — and while yes, families do own them, Pops, Ma, Brother and Sis are not the ones out there milking the cows, slopping the hogs, and tilling the earth…they are in business suits and they hire people for that…and then they often sell a controlling interest into the now multistate “family farm” to international groups…one of the three largest hog producers in this country, a “family farm” business, is now owned in part by the Chinese (Saudis also do this but obviously not with the pork producers).
            I know this because I worked for them.

• Curry Worsham says:

“The appointment of Sonny Perdue only adds to my pessimism that this out of control tax dollar sucking bureaucracy is going to be reigned in.”

Please explain.

• Jenny R says:

He is pretty closely associated with Grocery Manufacturers Association (think I’ve got that right) — they’re lobbyists for such corporations as Monsanto, Dupont, General Mills, Coca Cola, etc.
        Not exactly “family farmer friendly” entities. Still, on balance he isn’t as bad as some others, nor as bad as the left will make him out to be. Just worth keeping an eye on.

• G. Combs says:

Buck Turgidson,
      I do not think you understand the subject. You are just repeating the MSM talking points.

I wrote this several years ago about the Food Saftey Modernization Act passed during the 2008 lame duck session and co-sponsored by my Rebooblican Senator Richard Burr but it still applies.

First in business the net (your salary) is about 5 to 15 % of the gross  after you pay for the cost of doing business.
      Second we are talking farm (not individual) income. Like most businesses, farmers hire help at least some of the time even small farmers.
      Now to the actual earnings.  This is according to the 2002 Ag Census.
      There are 2,128,982 farms In the USA.
        1,519,209 GROSS  less than $25,000 a year
          298,385 GROSS between $25,000 and $100.000
        240,746 farms GROSS between $100,000 and $500,000
          Only 70,642 farms GROSS over $500,00, these are the corporate farms you are talking about.

“Commodity products” like rice, wheat, corn and cotton get government money.  The small farmers raising fruit, veggies and livestock do not.
      Right now there is a battle going on between family farms and Big Ag.  Big Ag has used IMF and World Bank  Structural Adjustment Policies, NAFTA and WTO “free trade” agreements along with bureaucratic regs and red tape to force out family farmers all over the world. Millions in the EU and Mexico have left the land. In India it is reported a farmer is committing suicide every 32 minutes.
      Now Congress is rushing through several bills to bring the same horror to the USA. They are called Food Safety Bills but actually are sponsored by the likes of Monsanto. Look behind one of the sponsors, Congresswoman DeLauro and what do you find? Her husband, Stanley Greenberg pollster, strategist and master manipulator of the public. Greenberg of Greenberg, Carville, Shrum who directed Campaigns in 60 countries (including Tony Blair’s in the UK) and was responsible for the Bolivia fiasco. Stan Greenberg “…specializes in research on globalization, international trade…”

15. andi lee says:

Yes. Fight with a vengence, with words. Yes. But there are days I have to talk myself down. White-hot anger. Congress. The whoredom of Babel. 🎯 😠

16. sundance says:

17. sundance says:

18. Publius2016 says:

Sonny Perdue is long overdue…like Wilburine, he is a killer. Our Team of Patriots harken back to our founding fathers, people who are successful in life and business who want to put their knowledge and skill to good works and to better their country for the future. These are not political looking for their next meal!

19. Juzjon says:

When I was much younger my father told me that the San Joaquin Valley here in California produced enough fruits, nuts and vegetables to feed one third of the nation. Later in my life it was an unreal sight to fly over the Valley and see all the patchwork of farms in full production. Then, California built an aqueduct to help Southern California’s water needs. Farmers needed water from that aqueduct. Along comes Barbara Boxer and she shuts down more than half of the water needed by the farmers because of some tiny bottom of the food chain smelt (fish) that are becoming extinct. Was there any truth to “survival of the fittest”? I mean c’mon …. smelt? You can’t even eat them.

20. Publius2016 says:

These are not political hacks looking for their next meal!

21. sundance says:

22. duchess01 says:

A small Mom and Pop grocery store grew into Mega Stores by cutting out the middle man – then, Walmart moved in next to every Mega Store and undercut their pricing – they fought back by manufacturing their own products akin to the national brands and buying their produce from local farmers – their slogan was ‘fresh to you every day’ – and Walmart could not compete – because even their milk was old – Mom and Pop made everything from laundry soap to fresh fish in their own fisheries – while Walmart was buying from foreign countries – my point – there is a way to fight the big corporations – and that is to make as much of what you sell locally – this is a community grocery store that grew because of its devotion to the community – it is locally supported and locally run –

I know it sounds relatively simple, but it takes a lot of hard work to find innovative ways to fight the big corporations – because they own everything – little by little, this Mom and Pop grocery store set up its own distribution system – manufacturing system – and production system – supplied its own stores – supported local farmers – and made its own products. In January of 2016, they celebrated their 100th year in business! They must be doing something right!

• Curry Worsham says:

Where? Never heard of it.

• LoveofUSA says:

For 39 years we have been buying hardware needs, including lumber, from a one-family store. We have 2 large well- known corporated Hardware/lumber stores nearby (HD and L) but rarely shop there.

• duchess01 says:

I hear you, Love – the less we frequent these corporate raiders, the more we protect our local venders – nice to hear!

• LoveofUSA says:

Duchess-I’m a lurker from July 2015 and only started posing just a few wks ago. I want to let you know that your scriptures was one of reason I felt TCTH was a credible site. The Scriptures, the prayers, the humor, the articles from Sundance and the great Treepers’ comments were/are the best. It saved our sanity and help to regain our mental equilibrium from those crazy Cruzbots we had within the family.
          Again, thank you for your contribution to this site. God Bless You and keep up your ministry here.

• duchess01 says:

How sweet of you to reveal the need to post – I am one of many here – who share a part of themselves – each one has a gift – and that makes this place so special – Sundance is so talented – he makes us think – discover – and stretch ourselves – he helps us understand what we cannot on our own – he brings out the best in everyone here – friends and family can sometimes be a burden – especially, when it comes to politics – I don’t know of anyone who has not experienced frustration of some kind in the past year and a half – so you are not alone there – we welcome you warmly – we are glad you are here – we are anxious for you to share – to teach us something new – something you have learned, and we have not –

God Bless You, Love! Feel free to just be yourself – ask questions – get to know the wonderful people here – and enjoy the love that surrounds you!

23. Pam says:

24. Donna in Oregon says:

Tom Donahue, of the US Chamber of Commerce was in Mexico City yesterday. Isn’t he the one who pays off Paul Ryan to delay the Trump agenda?

So, should I write his VP of press and let her know that “I know it was you” that derailed the Trump agenda? Why write Paul Ryan when messing with his money would be a better approach? If the Chamber of Commerce received millions of “I know it was you’s”. Would that cause a ripple of apprehension? Looking for weeds and knowledge to share is tricky for a newby….

25. Pam says:

• The natl monument order will make Utahns happy! They have been fighting the stealing of the use of their federal land for decades! Residents were told to suck it up and rely on tourism. The NMs are being depopulated. Also, revenue from that land is supposed to be for the SCHOOLS! The public schools!

People out in the Malheur area also finished a huge and successful effort to stop Pres. O from naming that area a NM, as well! Ranchers were scared they’d be pushed off the land, since urbanites are convinced that cows are bad for the land. Actually, peer-reviewed science has shown the opposite is true, but you can’t convince those ignorant urbanites. Also, Keen Shoe company was campaigning hard for NM designation for the Malheur area. Virtue signalling for profit!

26. Pam says:

27. Pam says:

28. Pam says:

• Jenny R says:

aka: Trudeau talked tough in public and may even now be seeking a deal in private. Canada can’t take a hit on lumber profits, and this dairy issue could blow up in their face — Canadians already pay about $2 – 2.5 USD more than Americans for milk/gallon (last set of stats, could go up — in fact, will likely go up if their government blocs US filtered milk production and Canadian cheese makers have to buy domestic, and then there are going to probably be increased subsidies). In fact, milk, cigarettes, local travel, and jeans/running shoes are the only things that are cheaper in America (oh, and price for square footage apartment rent) — but our average salaries are larger.
      We could probably be competitive, or moreso, if we turned some of our corn and soybeans back over to wheat too…big ag won’t like it (ethanol), neither would the Canadians (although they might get a better price for their tar sand extractions long term).
      There could be some hearty grumbling outside Justin’s urban power centers, likely within them too….dairy is a staple and revenue from the lumber industry takes a hit.
      Justin is just about completely backed himself and his country into a corner — he’s going to have to play nice and behave.

29. Rex says:

I don’t know the source of the quote but it goes sorta like:
    “Where ever the many are forced to buy or sell to the few, chicanery will follow.”

30. Pam says:

31. RedBallExpress says:

“We’ve been getting screwed by the multinational interests of global trade for decades.” Yep. The consumer has gotten the shaft big time when it comes to dairy. The price farmers receive has zero relationship to the farm price which is currently at record lows. Many, many family dairy farmers are permanently exiting the business right now while store prices are high. Government grants and interest free loans for mega style dairies entirely dependent on illegal immigrant labor are the final nail in the coffin. And good old former Ag Secretary Vilsack is apparently living the high life off of the dairy farmer promotion check off. That is the cancerous milk check deduction that Bush said farmers voted for. Funny thing is they won’t let the farmers have the ballot. The dairy Cooperatives vote for us. And just for the record it is impossible to find out the wages of the dairy Cooperative executives.

• Coming from a NYS dairy farm family from the1950’s era; I know (and our Father taught all 7 children) what really happened and who was responsible for the collapse of the family farm and total decimation of property rights in this country. Yes, it began that far back in time folks.
      It’s as prominent as the nose on your face.

• Jenny R says:

That’s why Trump is actually holding all the cards on this one: I put a post above about comparative pricing between Canada and US. It would probably be a worthwhile waste of time to do that with some other countries.
      Overall, the balance doesn’t look good for the U.S., but there are a couple of very small and important things listed where the U.S. has some remaining structural strengths, that if nurtured and used could be good for us — both farmer and consumer. We would have to tailor our expectations a bit; however, the long term result could be quite optimistic. (freedom is not free after all, can’t always get what you want, but you may get what you need and all that). Here’s a hint: it has to do with the attendant costs of product to market, and being in the deficit is really an advantage to get it done 😉
      Big if though; will be fought against tooth and nail by the people making hand over fist now.

• sadsack says:

Our dairy farmers in Canada get NO government subsides. Farmers in Alberta get 30 cents a litre – so for a 4 litre jug of milk they get 1.20. Yet the grocery store charges 5.00 plus depending where you buy it. We are also not allowed to use any drugs. The milk is tested and if there are any antibiotics or hormones found, the milk is dumped. Our milk is strictly regulated.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I live near the border. Why does the US sell so very much milk to Canadians? Every convenience store within miles of the border sells milk like crazy to Canadians. Is it cheaper in the US????

• jello333 says:

For the past couple years, our two main supermarkets (one of them Walmart) here in my city in Illinois has been selling the “generic” brand of milk for just over $1 a gallon. I can’t see how anyone is making a profit with prices like that… but being the end consumer, I sure ain’t complaining.

32. Mike diamond says:

I’m very proud of president trump.helping the farmers and ranchers,all Obama ever did was grow a weed patch,and give money to Iran,play golf and eat ice cream and never thanked a dairy farmer!

33. Ken Watson says:

Okay, all that may be cool but Purdue is about the dumbest bag of hammers Georgia has yet produced. His level of corruption is about a 6 out of 10. He’s not a super-slimy swamp creature but no proven straight shooter either. On the appointment I give The Donald a C+.