Sunday Talks – OMB Director Mick Mulvaney -vs- Swamp Guardian Chris Wallace…

A newly empowered Chris Wallace takes the big government Fox Media position and begins arguing with OMB Director Mick Mulvaney.   Interested observers will note Wallace defends the U.S. CoC lobbying position around the budget, health care, the border wall, the imminent risk of government shutdown, Trump’s “first 100 days”, necessary tax cuts, cuts to environmental protection etc.

It can be frustrating to watch because Chris Wallace is arguing the exact positions of Tom Donohue, the U.S. CoC and the K-Street swamp’s corporatist lobbyists.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Budget, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized, US Treasury. Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Sunday Talks – OMB Director Mick Mulvaney -vs- Swamp Guardian Chris Wallace…

1. CathyMAGA says:

Can’t watch it…just can’t. I would want to do the unspeakable to Wallace if I did…..think 2X4… I just hope Mulvaney schooled him..

• The Boss says:

Didn’t miss much Cathy. Wallace was just being a good little media whore for his corporate pimps like always. Mulvaney slapped Wallace around some, and he thanked him for it. Too useless and predictable….

• I can’t either…. never thought I would say that.. Wallace is lying and spinning constantly. I don’t need the emotional response I have to it.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Me too. I can no longer watch Chris Wallace. I just can’t do it. My reaction is quite emotional and disturbing. I really appreciate those of you who manage to view it and report on it for those of us who just can’t do it. I like to know what’s going on, I’m just incapable of watching it any more. I value your service, Treepers.

• crepelady says:

Sylvia: Absolutely agree with you and feel the same sort of disgust the moment I see the snide face of CW. Apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. Wish FOX would bet a clue and bump him off of his throne once and for all. I am no longer a viewer of that time slot. Love watching FBN instead. Thanks to all the Treepers who have kept me positive.

• filia.aurea says:

Just watching a replay right now, GO MULVANEY!! Stay strong and real, we’re all behind you and our POTUS. Governing principles RULE.

2. Wesley Baggett says:

Wallace needs to be drained. His smarmy self important anti-Trumpness is one of the reasons this former FOX watcher in an ex FOXer. He belongs between Mika and Joe on MSNBC. They could do an MSNBC and friends with Wallace in the middle. I probably won’t watch though. Nope.

• Remington..... says:

Why…oh why do we participate in these F¥«<<*%% moronic Sunday clown shows? What's to be gained? There is no ROI. They are going to spin it for the lo-go's who watch this crap. ' Never been a fan of participating in ambushes where I'm the one taking the incoming..

• fleporeblog says:

Remington I feel your frustration but if you listen Mick was able to say that the President signed the most legislation of any modern President in the first 100 days (H.R. were all legislation) the most EO in the first 100 days (28 Total) and was the first President in past 100+ years to have his SC nomination confirmed and sitting on the bench.

The best part is that Mick said all of those legislation and EO actually rolled back government through unnecessary regulations. That needs to get out.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I really like Mick. He has been a big surprise. I expected little from him. He can smack down with the best of them. And he speaks clearly, plainly, and is easy to understand. I also find Mnuchin and Ross easy to understand. They make complicated stuff make sense. Just ONE of their many good qualities.

• Remington..... says:

Understand….those are all good things, but virtually everyone on our side knows this. People who don’t will never know because they don’t have the capacity, or the desire, to sort things out. It’s like reorganizing the deck chairs on the Titanic….and you bet time frustrated. Pizzon all of them. Let them die of negative ratings. Let them bring in Crusty and Bozo the clowns for their Sunday blood letting.

• fleporeblog says:

If you get to one more person by doing so, it is a win. I rather they hear it than not know.

• mikeyboo says:

I actually think people like Wallace are sometimes helpful in that they have the opposite effect from the one they intend to produce. Our side becomes more convinced the opposition is full of it. And every once-when there is an articulate spokesperson like Mulvane- a few others get a clue.
              . As for the true leftists, they remain as they are so we lose nothing.

• whoseyore says:

Plus, I think the MSM just show their true colors and it is so obvious – it doesn’t matter what our President does or says, they are in a battle with him to the death. I think that people (even some who didn’t vote for him) see this and it gets old real quick. The venom that the news anchors spew constantly, makes you want to support the underdog. The more they side with our president and start listening to the dialog, they will see the pieces coming together. How many signs do you see in your community looking for people to hire? Welding, truck driving, mechanics, food industry, and factories here in central Indiana. These people will see that the economy is turning around and they hear our President speak about his concern for the American people in his Tweets. I do wish his Weekly Address was promoted more, I go away from each one of those with a warmness in my heart.

• Ken says:

Yeah Chris would be the “meat” in a dimwit liberal sandwich served up on MSNBCDNC.

3. Janie M. says:

psst “…observers will not Wallace” think it’s note and not “not”

4. MrE says:

Chris Wallace needs to STFU. SO annoying. And he doesn’t even know what he’s talking about either. If Murdoch had any shame, Wallace would have been fired long before O’Reilly.

• deanbrh says:

Murdoch will keep Wallace forever. Today began the dethroning of Sean Hannity, sexual harassment charge by a reporter who has been bugging him for years. now claiming he invited her to his hotel room before and after a show they were doing together, but she wouldn’t go. He has lawyers working on it. I suspect Tucker or Eric Bolling will be the next conservative, ousted but not on the same charges.

5. NJF says:

Yea can’t watch.

• I’m with you NJF.

It is a beautiful Sunday here.

I am in my county house in the tops of the Rocky Mountains and I am going to have a nice peaceful day.

The alfalfa fields are greening up and the mountains are purple, with just a little snow left on their tops.

I can not stomach the likes of these awful, corporate media chuckleheads.

Not for all the money in the world,

Have a lovely day fellow Treepers.

6. NJF says:

I bet Chrissy feels all kinds of arrogant since BOR was taken out.

7. Donna in Oregon says:

Wallace is a gossipy propaganda weasel. Isn’t there a term for someone with brown eyes that close together? It is….vertical family trees or something.

8. starshollow88 says:

I can no longer watch Wallace, my blood pressure goes up especially because of his and Fox’s constant lies that he’s so ‘fair’. Why does Fox give him so much credence? It’s gross how they fawn all over him. Wallace is plain awful, full on swamp, elitist, obviously biased, overly emotional, arrogant, out of touch.

Wallace, Shep, and Dana are the worst on FNC in my opinion. There are others but these three have way too much influence and are all dems that pretend not to be – Dana is always defending Obama and his admin so I consider her like them, plus she said she was switching her party to independent because of Trump.

9. wheatietoo says:

Wallace is the worst of the Foxuckers.
    His passive aggressive snarkiness makes him unwatchable.

“Swamp Guardian” <—-Hah. Indeed.

10. fleporeblog says:

Mick Mulvaney slapped Chris Wallace around like an air punching bag. He is incredible in his role as OMB. I love the way he also slapped Paul Ryan around by saying that we can do both in the same week (Repeal and Replace and the Budget by Friday). I love the way he told Christie that the air and water his triplets drink and breath will remain the same with the 31% cut for the EPA. Our Lion is not backing down.

• MrE says:

Expecting Congress to get off their lazy a**es and actually get more than one thing done in a week? OMG DAS RAAAAYCISSSSS

• JC says:

Yes, Flepore, on all counts.

Mulvaney’s the only reason I watched this nonsense tonight; wouldn’t waste time on Skank-Weasel Wallace for anyone but Mulvaney, Wilbur Ross or Stephen Miller. I LOVE this guy – he’s brilliant, articulate, quick and slices-and-dices with ease… and all with a winning smile on his face. He got in so many perfect digs, and made so many excellent points in this interview, I actually enjoyed it, despite wanting to throttle Marble-Mouth. This Cabinet… thank you, Mr. President.

11. Remington..... says:

I got an idea…forgetabout Fox news. They are as worthless as cnnmsnbc. They no longer exist …dead to me.

12. xyzlatin says:

Mulvaney is very impressive. A top performer and in my mind, THE top interviewee in the Administration. He has the knack of quickly answering a negative question but turning it around and making it a positive and smiling as if it were no big deal. I don’t mind Wallace. All these front anchors have producers who dictate what they are to say. At least he is not Megyn Kelly who interrupts and cuts off speakers constantly plus her grating voice is miles worse than his.

13. Mick Mulvaney is one of my favorites he always holds his own against the lame media hacks.

14. eagle1965 says:

Trump administration officials probably draw straws to see who has to undergo the constant media grilling and lies of the Sunday shows. Even though we wish that our guys wouldn’t go on these shows, don’t you all see why they HAVE to? It would seem like our administration couldn’t handle the pressure of the media if they bowed out and said CYA! It IS an all out WAR!

• janc1955 says:

You may be right, but I’d still like to see all the Sunday shows shut out by the admin for a month or two. Let’s see what they do with themselves with no one to badger for a good long stretch.

• I think all of Trump’s cabinet choices hold their own quite well with the swamp reporters. And I doubt that the reporters give much of a head’s up on specific questions. I’m sure many independents get some good input from listening to these cabinet people telling it like it is. Their responses are usually clear, concise, and direct. They talk much better thatn most politicians.

We definitely have a cbinet that any real American can be proud of.

15. starfcker says:

So far, I am amazed by Mulvaney. Cool as a cucumber, and with an amazing grasp of policy and numbers.

16. I thought Mulvaney did a great job. He’s calm and matter-of-fact.

17. whoseyore says:

Mick Mulvaney did a FABULOUS job! Makes me even more proud of our Cabinet!

18. Weeper says:

Ha! I just figured out how to copy and paste on my iPad!!!!! I posted this on the Chuckie Todd thread. Fits here too.

Hey MSM –

This ain’t I Dream of Jeannie. PDJT isn’t gonna cross his arms and blink and make things appear. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and no ones campaign promises are all implemented in 100. We supported him then, we support him now, and we will continue to support him moving forward.

MAGA!!!!

19. Donna in Oregon says:

Has President Trump has made plans to use the budget empass to get his agenda thru? Plenty of time to chose who should be laid off from Obama/Clinton days: CIA contract companies to cut, State Dept. foggy bottom creatures, WaPo & NYT sources, excess Pentagon dead weight, on and on. Get rid of the leaks.

On January 26, 2017 the Pentagon passed merit over tenure rules for letting staff go. This can be another win scenerio. YEAH! Winning.

20. MaineCoon says:

Mick Mulvaney speaks rather fast to his advantage. It actually appears to me that Wallace’s brain is processing one sentence while Mulvaney has gone on to the next sentence. That’s why Wallace doesn’t interrupt him. He’s still processing the data. That’s how it come across to me anyway.

Wallace seemed surprised when Mulvaney said negotiations were transpiring as they were speaking. Wally said ‘Sunday’ but didn’t finish. Yah. He couldn’t give credence to the idea that the Trump admin was working 24/7 for us. He’s lame.

21. WeThePeople2016 says:

I had taped this interview and watched it later. Mulvaney did a great job. Wallace was his usual snarky annoying self.

22. filia.aurea says:

Oops, Mr. Wallace, your bias was plain for all to see. You just alienated potentially thousands more viewers, now abandoning Fox News. You are no match for the Trump Administration’s Mick Mulvaney. Fair and balanced is becoming a joke.

• Ken says:

Like I’ve told others I stopped watching FN Sunday ever since the great Tony Snow died. I knew that Mike Wallace’s spawn was a leftwing hack like his daddy. Every time they have his segment on Fox and Friends on Sunday I quickly turn the channel. Same when Abby Huntsman(whoa mama) and Co have that illegal alien apologist Geraldope on. Instant channel turner.

• filia.aurea says:

I’m with you on that sentiment, but made an exception to see how Mick Mulvaney performed against Wallace. Mulvaney was in a class head and shoulders above Wallace’s competence.

23. Random Comment says:

I think many people are unfairly critical of Chris Wallace in this interview. His job is to challenge the interviewee with the counter view in order to gain detailed explanations and insight. As expected, an excellent performance by Director Mulvaney effectively rebutted the opposition talking points with clear logic and reason. Well done Chris Wallace for facilitating promotion of the Trump Administration agenda to Fox viewers.

Perhaps I’m in the minority, but I enjoy having government officials and elected representatives tested by well-read interviewers.

• deanbrh says:

I too enjoy your last paragraph, but only when Wallace isn’t his usual arrogant self-righteous despicable self. Mulvaney is soooo smart, and calm, so Wallace respected him, which is rare.

• Dixie says:

You are only in the minority in that you obviously do not have a blood pressure problem. Good for you.

• mimbler says:

We probably wouldn’t find him so annoying if he used the same tone and interrogation methods on democrats that he uses on Republicans,
      Mike

24. spaulj67 says:

The primary issue with Healthcare is cost. Fortunately all the laws that President Trump needs to lower cost significantly are already on the books. There is no need for any ‘new’ laws from Congress.

I think that Karl Denninger is really close to the mark on this one.

I already know a of a number of people ‘with’ insurance that are going internationally and paying out of pocket at a lower price than their co-pays for the same procedure and quality level of care.

Imagine Obamacare as is (warts and all), but it cost 1/10th price for the same service as it does now? And the best part is you don’t need to take an international flight to get that price.

Now back fill the loss of GDP with reinvestment in our infrastructure and before you know it we are great again.

25. Jimmy Jack says:

Chris Wallace is always frustrating to watch.

I wish someone would do a financial investigation to see who is paying off theses MSM lobbyists bc that’s what they really are.

26. fangdog says:

One cannot watch Wallace and come away feeling good about yourself.