March 30th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #70

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,746 Responses to March 30th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #70

1. Midnight Rambler says:

Boy, it was kind of a ho hum news day…I get home, shower and log in and things are breaking left and right!

2. Patriot1783 says:

Lou just read a great Reagan quote:

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.”
    Ronald Reagan

SD & the tree theme!

3. Pam says:

4. Pam says:

5. Pam says:

Here’s another video of the massive I-85 fire.

6. Pam says:

• Bull Durham says:

Great statement by Flynn’s lawyer.

• Michelle says:

Agree. And it makes sense instead of the idea that he’s asking for immunity from doing anything wrong.

• To me that IS a request for immunity. What do you think “assurances against unfair prosecution” means coming from an advocate, taking their word for it? The only “assurance” with legal weight is a signed contract, a grant of immunity.

• darththulhu says:

It’s quite clearly not a “request for immunity” for crimes committed. It is, instead, in plain English, a demand that there will not be any frivolous prosecutions dredged up in response.

It’s the opposite of admitting to any wrongdoing. It’s saying “I will only talk if you preemptively call off the ludicrous witch hunt”.

• Well, we’re both guessing without proper credential. We will have to agree to disagree over our differing interpretations of legalese. (Unless you are an attorney of course.)

• ALEX says:

No. Read the statement in context. It gives his distinguished credentials and later ” media awash with unfounded rumors, Outrageois claims of treason and viscous innuendo against him” “……if that’s not enough context, then I can’t help you

• dilonsfo says:

At the very least you qualified your opinion with “To me” and in my opinion it makes your opinion as valid as anyone posting on here. The problem with the lawyer’s letter is that it is written in lawyer lingo so who the hell knows what it really is requesting. I believe he is saying that he will talk but is reserving his 5th amendment right not to say anything that may be used against him at a later time. I could be wrong also but I believe the legal remedy is called “use immunity.” However, there is nothing wrong with doing that in cases where you are speaking under oath to a bunch of jackals and gossip mongers.

7. Pam says:

8. Pam says:

• dilonsfo says:

I wish President Trump would just tell NATO thru Sec. Tillerson “you are fired!” I know he can’t because we need those bases in Europe from an operational stand point for readiness around the world. But it would sure make good press.

9. youme says:

Do not ever forget that Feinstein and her ilk have given us the Marshall Project, fostering the early release of 46, 000 federal convicted drug dealers

• dilonsfo says:

She should sponsor a bill requiring all drug dealers to post warning there drugs letting children this is “not candy.” There the problem is solved. We know no responsible street dealer would want to confused the children.

10. Pam says:

11. Pam says:

12. Pam says:

13. On Lou Dobs, Jonathan Turley said Gousush not a “blind date” nominee, he has actually had opinions.
    Good commentary from Turley.

14. Pam says:

15. Pam says:

16. Pam says:

17. Pam says:

• Nchadwick says:

If Anthem quits, consumers in parts of Colorado, Kentucky, Missouri and Ohio would be at risk of having no Obamacare insurers for next year.

Imploding!

• WSB says:

It looks like Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield will be the last group standings on the right coast. Anthem was the other BCBS, no? Who takes their place?

• Nchadwick says:

I don’t even know what happens since you can’t buy across state lines, are you then forced to pay the IRS penalty? I’m not sure we live in Arizona – my husband is forced, since he works for a company based out of New York to pay into their union, threw the union he used to have Empire BCBS, but then a couple years ago they switched to Anthem BCBC not sure if name only or what — since not even widely used in Arizona – I wasn’t aware that there was still and Empire… I think the 2 biggest counties here in arizona (Pinal and Maricopa) are both down to 1 provider, I had thought Maricopa had Cigna and Pinal had BCBS but could be wrong – but put into perspective last year, when it dropped to 1 – rates increased by 116%!

• WSB says:

Gosh, I wish I knew. I am in NY and have individual insurance. The only provider for my area is Empire BCBS. If your husband is still tied to a NY union, they may revert back to that.

Otherwise, I know this sounds counterintuitive but why not just allow insurance to die out permanently ? All it does is make you and me pay them, and we get very little return.

I am at the same position you are.

God will prevail. I have always had trust in
            Divine Intervention.

Remember, that is what heralded this country into presence, no?

Circumstances will get better! Have faith!

18. ZZZ says:

And now for some levity…

19. Pam says:

20. truthandjustice says:

21. ZZZ says:

22. Pam says:

23. Dr. Emmett L. Brown says:

Gen. Flynn also worked under Obama. Has knowledge of Iran deal. Dems might not be happy with what he has to say when he tells his story.

• trumpthepress says:

I got bashed a bit earlier by thinking Flynn was a black hat….Curious about your opinion about Flynn. I honestly don’t know what to think of him. And your opinion of Pence and why? So hard to tell with some of these folks. The Dems are easy but some others not so much. Thx.

• Dr. Emmett L. Brown says:

I don’t think Flynn is a black hat. I think he decent man with good intentions but finds himself at odds with many because he tends to be over zealous to the point of near insubordination. He will make his views and opinions known and can rub people the wrong way. Still, I feel in the right position he could be quite an asset. It;s unfortunate how things played out.

Pence is basically a good man. A highly religious conservative traditional man, but a man who would never be the type to lead the fight against the establishment. He is a part of the establishment, but far from the worst of them. Because he is a traditional politician he has to play the game, he has to toe the party line at least to some extent. He is a go along to get along type who will seek opportunities to make his occasional mark while not upsetting the apple cart.

Pence actually is quite the compliment to Trump though. He was the perfect selection for Trump and exactly who I thought Trump would pick. His nature is to follow, not lead, and he excels at that. As a Vice-President that is what you want. He is the guy at the office who offers advice and counsel to the boss but faithfully carries out the bosses wishes without question. Admirable now but may not be a strong President himself when the time comes.

• trumpthepress says:

Thank you so much for the response! I have found those 2 particularly difficult to decipher…

• Shar says:

I concur in your opinion of Pence. I’m in Illinois and have family in Indiana and I’ve kept an eye on him since I first saw him speak at the NRA annual meeting in Indy 2013. He’s good as governor of a red state, but not the general you need to lead in a war at the fed level.

• WSB says:

I certainly thought Pence would be more successful with the healthcare repeal. No one within Congress is willing to part with the lobbyists’ taxes. That’s all.

President Trump needs to call them out.

24. Pam says:

25. Joyful Noise says:

Watch where some cars drove through black smoke and over the bridge. Yikes!

26. Dr. Emmett L. Brown says:

Hillary Clinton and staff still had access to classified and top secret documents after leaving State Dept. in 2013 for two more years.

27. Pam says:

28. ALEX says:

Funny how Flynn taking the course any lawyer would Counsel. Goes to Flynn is flipping for click-bait revenues….

Read the last paragraph…..He’s obviously pissed he’s being accused of treason and smeared and uses word witch hunt….

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheconservativetreehouse.com%2F2017%2F03%2F30%2Fmarch-30th-2017-presidential-politics-trump-administration-day-70%2Fcomment-page-8%2F%23comments

29. Pam says:

30. Pam says:

31. Pam says:

32. Pam says:

33. Pam says:

34. ALEX says:

• ALEX says:

• WSB says:

Why would the Dimms receive it? The Chairman would receive it.

• ALEX says:

Both sides would no about offering immunity or requests

• The statement from counsel Robert Kelner was released to the general public, and the whole spectrum of news outlets is now reporting it as a veiled request for immunity and/or release from his NDAs in exchange for testimony. There’s no need for them to send it to the committee specifically, because we all know. The signal has been passed. Flynn wants to tell his version of something, and he wants some kind of deal before revealing what he knows.

Whether or not the FBI or Congress will give him a deal is an open question.

35. Pam says:

36. Jason Ross says:

George Ciccariello … what exactly does this guy have to do in order to face justice?

He’s STILL employed by Drexell U. even after the ‘White Genocide’ tweet on Christmas

37. Just Scott says:

Uh Oh. Drudge cleared out the headlines to not much.
    IIRC, that always seems to happen just before an incoming storm…