First Lady Melania Trump made a public appearance today at a State Department event honoring ‘International Women of Courage’.  The First Lady delivered remarks and participated in handing out awards to participants.

In her speech at the awards ceremony, Mrs Trump commended the women on stage for their “fortitude of spirit and courage of convictions.”

“It is our duty to shine a light on the victory of each woman.” She noted also that “wherever women are diminished, the entire world is diminished.”

This entry was posted in Melania Trump, President Trump, Secretary of State, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump State Department Speech for ‘International Women of Courage’…

1. fleporeblog says:

The FLOTUS is just plain amazing when she gives a speech. Her words hit you to the core. No wonder the President joked at the women event at the WH that her poll numbers took off last week. He even joked with the VP that they have a thing or two to learn from her. All 12 of those women had amazing stories and are all deserving of the recognition they received today.

2. All American Snowflake says:

Melania is a lovely lady!

3. FLOTUS = Really Classy Lady

4. The Boss says:

After watching a lot of other videos today, nothing will top this one. Melania rocks!

5. Snarky female coworker started getting snide when she saw me reading a Trump article. “Is that bad news about Donald?” I explained who and what it was about, she shut up.

6. wondering999 says:

I can’t get the video to load. And, I need to shower and get to bed, worn out from working in the yard… but so grateful for our lovely First Lady and *her* courage against hostile media and political opponents who target her family. Be well and thrive Dear Mrs. Trump, and thank you for your graceful participation in our country’s political circus

7. Bull Durham says:

Sincerity and strength in a lovely blend. We are lucky to have her.
    She changes the atmosphere.

8. Great to have a First Lady who is smart and elegant

• JC says:

What a pleasure to enjoy our First Lady’s grace, elegance and heart. What a huge contrast to the FLOTUS of the past eight years.

I will always remember Melania’s beautiful and heartwarming response to the young singer, Marlana VanHoose, blind and afflicted with cerebral palsy, who sang “How Great Thou Art” at the Post-Inaugural Prayer Service. Told me everything I needed to know about our new National Treasure, the First Lady of the United States.

9. Katie says:

I have a girl crush on Melania. I find myself smiling at her lilting accent.

She’s so genuine, warm, gorgeous, and aging gracefully. What an asset to our nation and our president!

10. CheshireCat says:

I take it she won’t be converting to islam any time soon.

• Actually, my thoughts about our elegant first lady’s efforts with this program were along those lines, too. But my thoughts are that the single most effective outcome to save women in the this world from the most barbarity and brutality would be to annihilate all muslim men. They are given full permission to bruatlize their women and there are about 700 million muslim men in the world. That’s a lot of abuse!

• CheshireCat says:

It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing.
        – General George S Patton

11. Sam says:

I’m proud to have Melania as first lady. She is lovely, gracious, very talented and extremely capable of her speaking and hostess duties. I remember Jackie Kennedy and Melania is even better than Jackie was.

• margarite1 says:

I always thought Jackie was fascinating but in a distant way. Jackie was a product of the upper class, and an “exacting” mother, so I never blamed her for her perspective. Melania however seems way more vulnerable and sincere. I think growing up in a small communist country shaped her and at her heart she is a down to earth person despite being incomporably beautiful – a beauty she wisely use to get herself to a better life.
      I find that I like Melania – tough but sweet. I just don’t ever want to be photographed standing next to her…and I’m not bad looking, but Melania…well…she’s one of those gifts of nature.

• Yes, and growing up in that communist country made her repeated calling-out of government as the cause of the obstacles and suffering that were visited upon some of the women.

Also, urging the women in the audience not to be afraid to fail. That is a key item that causes women to hold themselves back.

Finally, I don’t believe she ever used the horrible word: collectively. She always talked about working together.

12. We have an amazing LADY to represent our nation and I am so proud to call Melania our FRIST LADY. She is very COURAGEOUS!! What an awesome speech.

13. Andrew E. says:

Melania is a huge asset for the Administration and the country.

14. dalethorn says:

Can’t add anything to the great comments here, except … great comments here! And what a class image we project to the world, of a leading woman who is as comfortable with the high and mighty as she is with the meek and humble.

15. andi lee says:

Outstanding!
    Our First Lady Melania is, without a doubt, leading the charge as a humanitarian. A tremendously huge heart of compassion for women & children all over the world.

Lookout, World!
    First Lady Melania is just getting started. (No doubt, our lioness is as fierce as her mate, if not more so!)

Congratulations!, to these incredible courageously brave women, who are not only survivors but truly fearless leaders of a better world for all.
    Standing ovations from Texas! 👏

p.s. Much love being sent out to First Lady Melania & to these fine honorable women! Bravo!
    🌹❤🌹❤🌹❤🌹

16. Joyful Noise says:

I love the look in her eyes when she expresses herself with such resolution. How do you describe that look? Her eyes convey such conviction and strength. She’s one beautifully strong lady.Her eyes show the strength of the soul!

Now, should I compare what Hillary’s eyes do??? Oh, that’s right Hillary’s pupils can’t stay together.

17. yakmaster2 says:

Melania, our gracious First Lady, drives the hate filled Lefty Feminist pundits crazy. She’s beautiful, smart, a devoted mother, and married to a billionnare President. As the Don Lemon harridans put it last night: she’s not grateful enough at the privilege of being First Lady of America. The IRONY of their view in the reality of Michelle Obama’s attitude toward America is completely lost on them. Mrs. O had nothing to lose by her ambitious husband’s ascendancy and EVERYTHING TO GAIN—mainly prestige, privelege and wealth!!

• Sayit2016 says:

WOW…”As the Don Lemon harridans put it last night: she’s not grateful enough at the privilege of being First Lady of America. Did they actually say that??

She has stated it is her honor and privilege to be first lady several times…or is that the dog whistle of those racists speaking of her so called ” White Privilege”. Great now these despicable people are mind readers and know the workings of her heart? It must grind the liberal guts into pieces to have a gracious, beautiful, feminine, intelligent, humble, patriotic mother and wife as First Lady.

18. suejeanne1 says:

God bless our dear and courageous First Lady – she IS a lioness! I admire her so much – I hope she knows how many people out here feel this way – glad to see her there!

19. tappin52 says:

I can barely remember the previous First Lady. Moo-something I think. Eh, doesn’t matter. This First Lady has filled the position beautifully. She holds herself in a grand fashion. Such a vision!

20. Raven says:

Our First Lady is a Lady. Our First Lady has an International background. Our First Lady has unbelievable poise in the face of extreme adversity, and our First Lady has courage when the world has her husband and her family in their evil sites.

There is no one better than to have delivered a speech at an event for “International Women of Courage.” I look forward with great anticipation to the day Melania Trump accepts one of those awards — and she will actually deserve it.

21. hellinahandbasket says:

Curious …how many of the 12 recipients are recognized because they fought the oppression’s of Muslim/Islamic nations? At first-glance, and noting their attire – it appears the majority of them are.
    Yet, the Leftist/Feminist-Cult INSIST America is oppressive – oppressive enough to don women (and men) with an American Flag hijab during the Feminist-Cult march.
    It’s mind-blowing how this “love” for Islam is taking root, and is now the new Hollywood fashionable trend in making this backward statement of Islam = women’s rights.
    Are these cult-members THAT disconnected from reality? Yep, they are.

22. xyzlatin says:

I really enjoyed seeing Melania who looked stunning in that white coat, and spoke beautifully, and all those brave women and hearing their stories. One of the most interesting put up on here. Pity the tape cut off the last presentation halfway through.

23. scotl70 says:

It’s so nice to actually have a first LADY again!