Speaker Paul Ryan Full Press Conference After Pulling Healthcare Reform Bill…

After removing the Healthcare reform bill from consideration and a vote in the House of Representatives, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan gives a press statement and answers questions about the failure of the Obamacare repeal and replace effort.

Speaker Ryan shares his conversation with President Trump and his recommendation to pull the bill. President Trump agreed with Ryan’s request.

Having defended the ObamaCare legislation, the UniParty House of Representatives can now move forward to the next objective: NOT passing President Trump tax reforms.  This will take them to the biggest objective: NOT passing the seismic President Trump’s budget cuts.

UniParty CONservatives throughout media will attempt to obfuscate the result of today’s vote to save ObamaCare, and find a way to hide their UniParty agenda.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, media bias, Paul Ryan, President Trump, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

440 Responses to Speaker Paul Ryan Full Press Conference After Pulling Healthcare Reform Bill…

1. recoverydotgod says:

The House Republicans better figure out how to heal themselves of their past differences so they can get some work done as a legislative team. It seems to me Pres. Trump is prompting them with all the right words to do their own self reflection and evaluation…like “Team Player”.

2. mw says:

Ryan sounds just like Obama. Waaaa!! This is hard

3. Jackie Joy says:

I am a bit bewildered by all this. There was a lot in the bill that I didn’t like, so am not unhappy that it didn’t pass. That said, when I get away from the back and forth verbal ball tossing about the health care bill, I consider my recent surgery, which caused a 5 day stay in the hospital.

I am on medicare, and have good additional coverage. The bill for 5 days, not including surgeon’s fees, and rehab stay was $50K. I have two children who would have to pay 25K each to cover my costs. Since the birthrate in the USA is about that, it seems clear to me that we, the people, cannot afford the cost of caring for us elders.

So, the solution has to be to reduce the costs, not fix the insurance. That means getting the fed gov out of health care entirely, and letting the free market take over. I see congress and the government as the problem, and we get so distracted by their telling us they know better than the market. I really do not know what the answer is, but don’t think it is solvable at this point in time.

We are inextricably mired in the muck of the swamp. I feel so sad for my grandchildren, and my children. Their future looks so bleak.

• Jackie Joy, YES, this! We must “[get] the fed gov out of health care entirely, and [let] the free market take over.” The ONLY solution.

• Until two years ago, I griped about the cost on my health insurance ( self insured monthly premium was 750/month at the time). Then I was diagnosed with a breast tumor, that praise God, was found early. I was able to IMMEDIATELY consult a surgeon and set up follow up treatments within days. I was prescribed new chemo and targeted drugs that didn’t exist a few years ago. It worked. Now the money aspect…
      After meeting my deductible, my insurance paid for all of it, including insanely priced drugs ($10,000 per treatment?). Total cost for that one year was easily equivalent to ten years worth of premium payments!! No wonder premiums are so high!
      We need to STOP all this bull crap about talking about the cost of health INSURANCE and look at the cost of health CARE.
      The first step is transparency in pricing. With the current system, no one cares what the service costs, so long as insurance, or “the government ” pays the bill. The patient has become a like a child, no longer involved in the price negotiation process, or even knowledgeable of what the cost will be.
      If it were necessary for a hospital representative to look you in the face ahead if time and say ” your stay with us is estimated to cost $50,000″ , things would begin to change.

4. DS says:

I never understood how congress can exempt themselves from laws they pass — how are laws with such provisions not vetoed by the president?

• Jackie Joy says:

I totally agree! And that goes for all laws they pass!

• Chris says:

“I think that at this point, President Trump should craft and sign an executive order that mandates that all members of congress must obtain their health care through the Odumbocare exchanges just like their fellow Americans. Then wait to see how long it will take for them to start discussing a new bill… ”
      Agree 100%

• Janie M. says:

Chris, here is an interesting video from Judicial Watch (Tom Fitton), worth watching in its entirety. Tom discusses a wide variety of issues his org. is involved in (including Hellery’s emails, FOIAs they have filed but… @ 15:13 mins, near the end of the video, he discusses how the members of Congress signed up for O’Care and were able to get a tax preferred premium because members/staff were claiming to be part of a small business exchange with less than 45 or 49 employees. The actual number of “employees” is 20,000.

• Janie M. says:

They are in the exchanges, DS, see my response (with video) to Chris, the 2nd comment below yours.

5. auntiefran413 says:

I want someone — ANYONE — to tell me where health care is included in the enumerated powers!

6. Archie says:

I think Trump is all about MAGA. MAGA to me means main street jobs and business and such. If ObamaCare stays the law then business will adapt and MAGA can proceed as best it can. Business needs predictability to factor in stupid govt policies and make the best of it.

That is why I don’t think Trump cares much about what happened today. He wanted it reformed for sure, but for a businessman he got what he wanted. The ability to plan for the future.

Trump will move on to the next item. If something related to health care falls into his lap after the mid terms then OK. But he will forge ahead.