President Trump and VP Pence Meet With Congressional Black Caucus Leadership…

Against the backdrop of Devin Nunes announcing jaw-dropping revelation of surveillance of President-Elect Trump and his transition team by the Obama intelligence community, most of the Democrat political leadership (Elijah Cummings included) went into immediate rapid response and emergency action mode.  Simultaneously…

President Trump stomps on the political gas, targets a key and essential constituency, and strategically applies pressure with a meeting of the Congressional Black Caucus leadership.

Seamless. Well done. The timing just seems so unscripted.

[TRANSCRIPT] 3:10 P.M. EDTTHE PRESIDENT: Well, I’m deeply honored to welcome the members of the Congressional Black Caucus to the White House. We’re going to have a lot of meetings over the years, and I very much appreciate you being here.

Throughout my campaign, I pledged to focus on improving conditions for African American citizens. This means more to me than anybody would understand or know. Every American child has a right to grow up in a safe community, to attend great schools, to graduate with access to high-paying jobs.

America has spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas. I guess — I heard just recently in the Middle East we’ve spent as of about two months ago $6 trillion — $6 trillion, and you know where we are over there — while neglecting the fate of American children in cities like Baltimore and Chicago and Detroit.

Elijah Cummings, who was here about two weeks ago, who I happen to think is a terrific man — I don’t know if he’ll say that about me, but I will tell you, I really liked him a lot. And we were talking about drugs and prescription drugs and the costs. And you go to Europe, you go to Canada, you go to other countries and you buy them for a fraction of what you pay in this country. And that’s been a very big subject for him, and it’s a subject for me that is very important. And we’re going to either do it in healthcare — which I think we’re going to do it in healthcare — or we’re going to do it separately.

But we’re going to bid on drug prices, and we’re going to try and have the lowest prices anywhere in the world, from really the highest. And that’s not only the drugs, it’s prescription drugs. But you go out to stores and you go even — in any community, rich or poor community, and you look at the kind of drug prices that we’re paying and it’s really unfair what’s happened in our country.

So we’re going to be instituting a very, very strong bidding process. We’ll probably need some legislation, but we’re going to do it regardless. We have to do it. And we’re going to get drug prices way down, way down. Some people think it’s as important as the healthcare measure, because people are being ripped off when they need their — they need drugs, they need prescription drugs. And we’re going to take care of that situation.

So again, I very much appreciate you being here. It’s a tremendous honor for me. And we’re going to work on different things, and we’re going to see if we can get a lot accomplished.

And with that, let’s get going. And thank you all very much. [Media Excused]

END – 3:13 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Big Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Legislation, media bias, Mike pence, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

180 Responses to President Trump and VP Pence Meet With Congressional Black Caucus Leadership…

1. Matamoros says:

“African American citizens have given so much to this country. They’ve fought in every war since the Revolution, and they’ve fought hard. They’ve lifted up the conscience of our nation in the march toward civil rights, enriched the soul of America — and their faith and courage. And they’ve advanced our country in the fields of science, arts and medicine.”

Really laying the b.s. on strong there.

• sunnydaze says:

BS? Are you kidding me?

It’s absolutely the TRUTH.

And no other US politician has put it so succinctly and eloquently.

• McGuffin says:

I agree with ya. Wish he would have said ” let’s talk about the high crime rates of blacks and they why”

I detest the use of the term African American. It’s the BLACK caucus, refer to them as black. I can’t keep track, Negro,Colored, Black, African American. I stopped trying at black.

• Johnny says:

Only group by race to have or allowed to have their own caucus. Ivwant a American german caucus the worlds real minority and made so by a jew notca german. Hitler intentionally made the world hate germans!! He was a jew a fact!

• bydesign001 says:

Not to worry, I can’t keep track either. A few months ago, debating my son, I said “what has Hillary Clinton done for Blacks? What has she done for you?” He responded, “I’m not Black, I’m Brown.”

Having heard those same words several times over the past year, online, on a few of those fake news channels and amongst the young folks in my community, I thought to myself, “Oh boy, here we go again.”

I refer to myself as an “American” but there are times when living in a sanctuary city I’m asked, “what island are you from?” ???????? Really???

My response, “the Brooklyn Island. I am a Yankee.” [I know Brooklyn is not an island but people from other countries refer to us as Yankees and it is intended to be an insult. They hate when we take ownership of that term.]

Endgame. I am an American, period.

• Enlightened Vulgarian says:

Ah, Brooklyn. Ah, America….

“Now the children try to find it,
          And they can’t believe their eyes.
          ‘Cause the old team just isn’t playing,
          And the new team hardly tries.
          And the sky has got so cloudy
          When it used to be so clear…
          Yes, there used to be a ballpark right here….”

• fred2w says:

I wouldn’t be so self-righteous. The White guys in the Deep State have so much blood on their hands they make Black gangbangers look like Girl Scouts.

• Lawrence says:

Yes, put them immediately on the defensive. That’ll win them over.

• maiingankwe says:

No, he’s being honest and saying what he has felt and back it up. We are a melting pot, and there have been a great many Americans who have done exceptional things for our country as a whole. Race should not factor into our greatness as a nation. Ever.

• Trumped1 says:

You are a fake american.

• JT says:

What do you mean BS? Those are all true statements.

• There’s not one false word in Trump’s statement there, and the response is to ridicule?!

Granted, African Americans have sunk lower in recent years, but when one racial group is singled out to be crippled with welfare the way the DNC has done, what can be expected?

But before Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society vote-buying scheme, thousands upon thousands of black Americans gave their all for this nation even after having been enslaved, intentionally de-educated, and trained to be subservient to slave-masters.

Trump is setting the stage for Draining the Plantaion of the DNC, and the best you can come up with is a snide, surly insult?

😉 Just my two cents.

• amjean says:

Some are just tired of blacks whining
        and crying “not enough” and the elected
        officials pandering to them.

• TreeperInTraining says:

I’m tired of whining about whining. Lol

I know quite a few Black folks who campaigned for Trump, voted for Trump and like Trump.

Why would I resent a group of people who less than 50 years ago, had to fight to drink from my water fountain, sit at the same counter as me or go to a school with me, having their own caucas? That their caucus really doesn’s serve their constituents well is something I can’t fix, but I certainly don’t resent the fact that Blacks sorely needed representation , and poor Blacks still do.

We lived through 8 years of racial division, and I for one welcome anyone, but especially the President, to attempt to heal some of the gaping wounds.

Imho

• sunnydaze says:

Thankyou, Richard Canary.

Apparently, some people haven’t read up on their history, and/or don’t really pay attention to much.

• Tuduri says:

Amen, RC.

• dawndoe says:

Matamoros, I get where you’re coming from, but I think he needed to stay on the positive side and not get into all the problems for the press to twist into something he didn’t say.

• Marc says:

Go **** yourself. What have you done for society?

• Laronda says:

Did Maxine Waters show up? LMAO!

• Katherine McCoun says:

I think this is a rock solid, factual quote. I am also anti BLM – All lives matter. It is time for minorities to integrate and stop being a “black” history month, “black” caucus, etc. Time to integrate as so many, black and white, fought for them to be able to do.

There are indeed many troubling issues in the black community and issues to deal with that have only been made worse by Johnson’s Great Society. Yet why deny the facticity of this quote? There are many positives out of the black community as well and many that descended from slaves who have gone on to integrate into American society at large.

• sickconservative says:

But doesn’t relate to the CBC but not BS.

2. Johnny says:

Black caucus us nothing but a racists term and a group of sanctioned racists

3. Johnny says:

Black caucus is nothing but a racists term and a group of sanctioned racists

• freddiel says:

They are Americans and their voice deserves to be heard as much as anyone else. We all bleed the same color blood. It is high time for everyone to become color blind. We will never accomplish anything if we are divided.

• mightyconservative says:

Dems don’t want us color-blind. They want us hyphenated-hyphenated-hyphenated-hyphenated Americans.

• Marc says:

No need to be colorblind on race but no need for animosity where it’s not needed or deserved. People should be honest about racial differences but there’s no point to be hateful.

• amjean says:

In most communities blacks, whites, browns,
        and a mixture thereof get along just fine.

• Rudy Bowen says:

Just return to ‘negro’ or ‘caucasian’ or ‘asian’ when needed for physical description, none need have negative connotation. Otherwise the only real difference is how much melanin one has. All the ‘race’ pandering, insulting, and general bs is just that…bs, and always will be. What a stupid thing to fight over.
        Thanks, DJT, that was maybe a bit over the top but true.

• McGuffin says:

Is the Black Caucus color blind?

• thetrain2016 says:

How do you want to work with them by calling Black Caucus members a group of sanctioned racists? Let many of them realize, they were wrong, then there’s hope for change of mentality…

4. sunnydaze says:

Great, the Racist Democratic Trolls are out en force.

Sorry dudes, time for Black Americans to shine again.

I know it’ll be a big disappointment to you guys to lose one of your Pet Groups.

FYI. Women are next. Get ready. Brace yourselves.

• Beryl Bomb says:

Amen. Love how Trump name drops Abraham Lincoln whenever he can.

• Angry Dumbo says:

Ain’t name dropping, Lincoln essentially founded the GOP, despite what President Obama and the University of Chicago may think or more properly hope to lead others to believe. Democrats have a lot of history to hide on the issue of race.

• Rudy Bowen says:

I grew up in Alabama and Tennessee and I can absolutely confirm that. (Although every white man was not KKK, nor was a black man hanging from every other tree, as some dems would have you believe).

• Katherine McCoun says:

I grew up in the South and I didn’t hear about racism or see it except in history books until I moved out west and people assumed I was racist, asking me questions about mammies, wearing shoes, etc. all the while talking terrible about the Native Americans still living on the reservations.

• I experienced the same thing when I moved from FL to the northeast. The racism exhibited was far more than anything I saw in the south.

• Rudy Bowen says:

I do actually remember segregated water fountains, comments about the ‘colored’, blacks and ‘white trash’ living on the other side of the railroad tracks, and so forth.
              The area was on the Alabama/Georgia border in a town divided by the Chattahoochee River, Lanett/West Point, about 75 miles south of Atlanta. The very heart of Dixie, you can’t get more Southern. But…for the most part people were civil, and the horror stories are 99% bs. I remember my mother giving a pair of shoes I had outgrown to barefoot black kids and women glaring at black people who didn’t get out of the way fast enough. Most of the mistreatment was simply bad manners and a pervasive assumption that the black people were inferior. It would get to anyone and stick after a while. The town was and is two thirds black, by the way. A lot of ill will which did occasionally erupt into violence.
              The blacks in the Northern cities had it as bad or worse, they were just kept down by different bad actors in different ways.

• mopar2016 says:

Good call.
          This “colorblind” pie in the sky stuff will never happen.
          Everyone needs to take responsibility for their actions, and affirmative action needs to go.

• Rudy Bowen says:

Affirmative action does need to go, but I think that color blindness will become the norm…asa well as ‘racial’ mixing. Unless the global civilization currently existing continues that will be inevitable.

• JT says:

You seem to have a real problem toward these kinds of Americans. Might wanna do some self-reflection.

• thetrain2016 says:

KKK Democrats are afraid, they may lose their slaves…

5. yakmaster2 says:

Can President Trump adroitly juggle multiple vip tasks? Why yes Sir, yes Ma’m, he certainly can. Can the media scramble their narratives fast enough to keep up? No, they can’t.
    Oh, how I love it!

6. yakmaster2 says:

Oh, how I love it!

7. tonyE says:

They may be racist… establishment hacks that make their money off racism that is.

But Trump just ignores all of that and gets to the nitty gritty, in a most nice way.

I guess that’s why Trump made it so big in NYC… He’s beyond chutzpah, He’s simply… Trump.

MAGA.

• sunnydaze says:

Once Trump gets black Americans away from the Dem Party, this sh&t will end.

And the black caucus will be just as GONE as the rest of that God forsaken Party.

• bydesign001 says:

The Congressional Black Caucus has sold their souls and Black America with it.

• sunnydaze says:

Yup. And more and more black Americans are waking up to that fact.

• sunnydaze says:

Which is another reason why these stupid Congress Critters would do themselves a favor by getting on the Trump Train, at least *part* of the time.

To save their own necks if nothing else.

• amjean says:

They will kiss Trump’s behind as long as
              they get the funding some of them can skim
              the top off of. Then, they will still gin up the
              vote for the dems.

Forget the leadership; as blacks get jobs
              and feel good about themselves, individual
              blacks might just leave the dem plantation.

• cjzak says:

There shouldn’t have ever been a Congressional Black Caucus. They segregate themselves by making up groups like this, especially with their positions of influence as Congressman. Hopefully, this changes under Pres. Trump.

Most Americans would be happy to live and let live, I think, each to his own plan and with equal opportunities for all. No guarantees of outcomes, but for all, the ability to succeed with hard work and commitment and to create a better more prosperous society. Pres. Trump has made it clear through out his campaign and his young Presidency, that those things are what he wants for all Americans. He can do this with our help and I am confident things will be much better for us all as we go forward. We just have to push out the malcontents and sore losers standing in the way right now.

8. Personally, I would think that those who fought to end segregation wouldn’t care too much for the willful political segregation of a “Congressional Black Caucus”… but that aside, well done President Trump! #MoreWinning 😀

• Really? What did we :”win”? Seriously… I want to know. Will America be one iota better because of this meeting with the racist C BC members? If so, how?

• Well for starters, as Sundance pointed out, this meeting applies strategic pressure on Democrat operatives and the media. Secondly, these are still congressional leaders who vote on legislation. Any and all civil and substantive discussion can only prove beneficial. Lastly, different people can be effective on different things. There is a reason President Trump keeps referring to “drug prices” whenever meeting with the CBC. Perhaps he sees where they are more interested in that issue than some of the Republicans and may need their support to pass legislation? Honestly, whether it’s the benefits of a short term narrative, that will likely be glossed over by the MSM but not by the citizens of those reps districts, or potential help with prescription drug prices it seems like a win-win to me!

• sunnydaze says:

Because he can change minds?

Letjustice, just because you never change your mind, don’t assume that nobody else can. Sheesh.

• sunnydaze says:

Once the Dem Party is destroyed, there’ll be no need for this or any other separation.

Bye Bye Identity Politics/Identity Division. The only thing that keeps the Dems alive.

• no-nonsense-nancy says:

I have been surprised that after the civil rights battle and fighting against segregation, etc, that these black rioters would want to go back to the very thing that their parents generation fought to overcome. It makes no sense.

9. Socrates says:

Let’s just drop this hyphenated American jargon and just refer to each as Americans. It is getting so bad that everyone is a ______- American these days. What the heck happened to just American?

• Matamoros says:

Agree. There are only two kinds of Americans. Real Americans and Fake Americans.

If you have to hypenate you are, by definition, a FAKE AMERICAN

• sunnydaze says:

In parts of this country, we’ve always been hyphenated. At least where I grew up. (NE cities).

It was great. It was interesting. It was FUN to go to the Italian, Polish, Cuban, Russian- American households, etc etc and have the weird dinners with them. And celebrate their unusual traditions and holidays. And listen to their Grandmas speaking a foreign language.

Sorry you did not have that experience. You missed out.

And BTW, they ALL knew they were now AMERICANS and they were GRATEFUL for that.

The only sad thing about it is, after a couple generations, they all assimilate so completely that they drop the old country stuff.

But then a new crop comes from somewhere else, so there’s that.

• What a perfect description, sunnydaze! My Dad did that (going to the various ethnic group households) and loved talking about it. He never ‘quite’ said his Irish mom’s cooking wasn’t too great, but he did rave about the food he scarfed down at those other places!

And when we moved to New Mexico, he entered 7th Heaven learning about ‘real’ Mexican food. As in, we never heard of guacamole or sour cream with our enchiladas.

• sunnydaze says:

haha. My family was Swedish-American. Worst.Food.In.The.World.

Funny about your father cuz the Irish food kind of reminded of the Swedish- tho not *quite* as bad. Totally forgettable.

I actually came home one day when I was about 6 y. o. and told my mother I wished we were Italian- damn that food was tasty!!!

However!!! At Christmastime I felt VERY fortunate to be Swedish. Best.Christmases.In.The.World. !!! Lasted a month a a half!!! One special mini-holiday after another leading up to Xmas and then back down again afterwards. A real rockin’ time.

And all my friends were in awe when they got to participate.

It really is fun to live in country like this one. You can travel around the world, just living in your home town, if you’re lucky enough.

• and every time we repeat the “_____-American”, we put another feather in the cap of, and legitimize, the PC race-baiters and PC teachers and every other PC fake American whose goal it was to divide us.

10. uvaldegirl says:

While the media is screeching and clawing and trying to pin Trump as the next, evil Russian spy, Trump stays focused on the actual, deliverable alliances and strategies that will help turn this country around.

11. Suite D says:

God has given us a second chance. Let’s not bicker. Let’s unite. “A house divided against itself cannot stand.”, from Jesus Who loves us all.

12. decisiontime16 says:

The CBC can either cooperate and assist the effort or get left behind and outed as obstructionists for genuine improvement in the lives of their constituents living in the inner cities. Crime ridden urban decay zones.

13. Phil aka Felipe says:

After the Lion ,Trump, gets through with them, they’ll be the Congressional Black Carcass.

14. Willy says:

How many republican conservatives are there in the black caucus?

15. M33 says:

God, Trump understands leverage better than anyone I have ever seen.

Brilliant!!

16. Cowwow says:

How long has it been since our nation had a President who strived to be President for ALL the people?
    Thank you President Trump for not forgetting all of us and striving for ALL voices to be heard inside the People’s House once more; a President who strives to rise above all the unpleasantness and biases against one group or another.

17. alliwantissometruth says:

Some questions for the black “leadership” in this country…

#1: Why do you allow yourselves to be led on a leash by the white Marxist elite?

#2: Why can’t you see and/or admit to the failures of democrat/leftist policies & the destruction of black communities that are right in front of your eyes?

#3:Why do you allow an irrational hatred of whites & an unfounded paranoia of a white conspiracy to get in the way of real black progress?

#4: Why are the basic foundations for success, things like two parents in the home, tried & true traditional education, school uniforms, expectations, personal responsibility, discipline, consequences, civility & law & order looked upon as racist when applied to black communities?

#5: Why do you insist upon teaching black children they’re victims & allowing them lower expectations, thus giving them an excuse to fail & hate?

#6: Why can you not get over past injustices in order to give young black Americans real hope & opportunities to succeed in this country?

• sickconservative says:

#5 is and has been the biggest threat and cause of so much and really created the rest of the list.
      Low expectations by the school systems with the victim mentality from the CBC we won’t see any change soon.

• Johnny says:

Becuase they want free shit! They want to be slaves to the democratic liberals kkk dependency ploys just like they did to the Indians!

• Johnny says:

18. thesavvyinvester says:

What does this say about Schumer? I heard the told the CBC they couldn’t go see President Trump. What has changed? Interesting, my guess is like the line from Red October by Fred Thompson about the Russians and permission to….. Applies here too. Trump Economy means Jobs for everyone, we have Treepers denoting they see the signs, my guess is the members of the CBC see it as well and know they need to get aboard the Trump Train or their jobs are in jeopardy. Again Apprenticeships & Ivanka’s push for Child Care become a bridge for single moms to get out of poverty. President Trump is really going long here, this is a big play and I think I am the only one who gets it….

• sunnydaze says:

It would not surprise me at all if the Top Dog Dems told the CBC not to meet with Trump.

In fact, it would surprise me MORE if they *didn’t* do that.

The LAST thing the Dem Party needs is MORE Americans throwing them to the wayside.

They’ve already lost half the Bernie supporters.

19. Willy says:

There’s big money in racism, that’s why…

20. Bruce says:

I suspect Trump will be nice to the black caucus members until he is attacked by one of them. Then he makes an example out of the dummy. You work with this man or you suffer.

21. Bruce says:

Brian Williams is not a reporter, he is a PAID HACK. There are no more TV reporters, they are all PAID HACKS. The more he talks, the less people watch him.

22. Marc says:

Lots of conservative virtue signalling in this comment section. Sad.

23. snailmailtrucker says:

President Trump and VP Pence Meet With Congressional Black Caucus Leadership

WHEN’S THE MEETING WITH THE CONGRESSIONAL CAUCASIAN CAUCUS ?

24. Bull Durham says:

Someone notify that dimwit Alice from the WH Press hen house.
    She’ll be asking Spicer when the meeting is going to take place?

A few of these meetings and these folks will be reregistering as Repubs.

Trump broke the color line and anti-Semitic line in West Palm/Palm Beach. He’s a civil rights activist. More cred than most of them put together.

25. Bonitabaycane says:

Our President has a number of outstanding qualities, including respectfulness, graciousness, sincerity, and not holding on to grudges. He is willing to reach out to the Black Caucus as he is willing to do with all Americans. This respect he shows, his willingness to reach out, with sincerity, will go a long way.

26. M. Mueller says:

I’m so proud of our President.

It is time to lay all this racial stuff to rest and be Americans. It will take a long time because for far too long the Democrat party has kept stirring up unrest. It should just be a level playing field for all Americans. No real people care what color anyone is; they just want the government to stay out of it and create an even playing field where character and intellect rises to the top.

The welfare laws that pay more when a father is not around, and the open borders that take all the entry level jobs from Americans have made very unfair playing fields. When no jobs are available dealing drugs, that are oh so plentiful, seems attractive to the young and those without fathers around.

The uniparty has destroyed families and the concept of personal responsibility. Stop the drugs, close the borders, educate properly and hold accountable all citizens! Hold accountable ALL citizens that commit crimes. They are not “victims;” they are criminals.

When any American has children it is their job to raise them and feed them and send them to college, not mine. I don’t care what color they are.

27. adoubledot says:

At 1:20 regarding my Congress critter Elijah Cummings: “a terrific man” – Cringe! – “I don’t know if he’ll ever call Me that…” Let Trump be Trump I guess. That took some grace right there.

28. Katherine McCoun says:

A comment from Bull Durham made me wonder how April Ryan is reporting the meeting. Overall, decent report back to the Urban and black audience her employer targets. She reports that these meetings could be quarterly going forward. I have not heard her speak on the radio and I am surprised because she comes across professional and smooth — very different than watching her in action, unscripted in the press room! Budget concerns, his discussion of the black community during the campaign (ie acknowledging the real issues that are having a negative impact) are concerns

29. jeans2nd says:

25 Sept 2011
    Obama To Congressional Black Caucus: “I Expect All Of You To March With Me … Stop Complaining, Stop Crying”…

What a difference a Trump Presidency makes.

30. cycle1 says:

Trump is really soooo winsome. These people really have to put in some kind of effort to not like him.

31. VERY disappointed in the quality of some of the comments here-if you want to undermine President Trump’s hard work, you are doing a great job! My family is mixed. Trump is doing EXACTLY what is needed to move people (particularly younger folks) towards being unhyphenated Americans. He is treating them as a valuable part of the American team. Now, is it going to be all rainbows and skittles? Nope. But I can guarantee that there are people watching, and that there are minds and hearts that can be changed.

32. gary says:

We are all for equality based on population percentage, in the state, or the city, or where-ever.

Football teams should reflect population race percentages. So if 70 percent of country is white, 70 percent of the players should be white. If 13 percent are black, then only 13 percent of Football players should be black.

This seems fair to me, does it seem fair to you?

In some parts of the country, the percentages will be a little different.

So a Black owned company, only 13 percent employees could be black, 70 white, and 15 percent haspanic, and the 3 percent other asian/etc.

If you want to be fair, you can’t get much fairer than this. 🙂

If there is a Black Caucus , then the HAS to be a White Caucus, with the same perks. 🙂

33. moe ham head says:

do you think they axed potus for more free stuff?

34. wasntme says:

IMO, anytime membership in an organization defined by race, it is racist. Duh. Congressional Black Caucus is a racist organization that should be eliminated from our Capital. Since everyone is created equal, they should be representing and passing laws for everyone, not just their preferred race.

Even the factcheck spells is out for them.

Their stated mission is:
    “empower America’s neglected citizens – including but not limited to Americans of color”

But they only allow blacks in their club. Not white people who’s job in Congress is to represent blacks. YOU have to be black.