March 20th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #60

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,446 Responses to March 20th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #60

1. wyntre says:

Speer: “Why would Trump hire Putin’s image consultant?” (Michael Caputo)

Now onto Carter Page.

Speer should be speared.

2. Bob Thoms says:

All of this is coming from the Democrats failure to protect their data bases…..and being exposed to the American public.

Thank you Putin ! You told us the truth about who the Democrats are and how dishonest they are.

3. Dekester says:

We must try to ignore this theatre.
    PDJT by immediately tweeting what he did has said more about what is really going on here, than any of this orchestrated goobley gook.
    It seems to me that Rogers and Comey look frightened. Of course who really knows, but if I have learned anything these last twenty months or so, is to trust in PDJT.

The whole house of cards is coming down, one way or another

4. Bob Thoms says:

Where is the GOP thanking Putin for exposing the Democrats. The American public deserved to know the how corrupt they are.

5. Howie says:

Comey has to keep the investigation ongoing so he does not get caught.

• Bob Thoms says:

mmmm,,,,you might be right,,,,he can hide behind the on-going investigations.

• rick says:

That is a very good point.

• albrevin says:

To end the hijacking, er ‘investigation’, POTUS would have to launch an all-out war with Assad, which he won’t do. That’s why this thing has to be kept open, it is leverage over the Administration.

Only way, imho, is to go full nuclear on these people. Start detente with Russia, start declassifying everything, take Comey to civil court, etc. All is very risky as politicized FBI will come out with manufactured evidence and charges, almost all politicians would head for the hills and abandon… however, what else to do? Try and limp along as a crippled Administration? Putting the country through 4 years of ongoing investigations? Constant speculation of a President Pence?

Frankly, I have never been more ashamed of our “federal” government. The entire structure seems overtly bogus, an embarrassment. If not for a complicit MSM, the whole thing could have been salvaged during the Reagan admin.

What’s left? Complete tax revolt? Articles of secession? At a loss, pray for PDJT to handle this exactly right.

• thetrain2016 says:

I don’t think so. The investigation was “requested” by Obama. Trump’s DOJ has to end it, but it’s pretty risky to do so before some proven conclusion, most likely zero Russian involvement.

6. DonG says:

Haven’t posted much lately

Much of this is about the fact that McCain and the Democrats are on the wrong side in Syria( support terrorists instead of the elected government) and trying to stay in front of that by badmouthing the Russians, who are actually on the correct side of this.
    The other part is trying to scuttle the good intentions of a truly good man in the White House who has our best interests in mind.
    Trump needs to immediately quit playing ” nice ball” and start calling a spade a spade before his teeth continue to get pulled out one at a time and he loses his bite.

7. Trumppin says:

WH Spicer Press Briefing coming up

8. Bob Thoms says:

Where is the focus on the Russians and the Democrats………….the GOP needs to turn the focus back onto the Democrats.

9. NYVoter999 says:

10. Bull Durham says:

Technical comment I cannot resist.
    The camerawork at the hearing is about as amateurish as it can be.
    A blind and disabled monkey on a remote cam might do better than the clown on the camera covering the committee. Two hours in and still doesn’t know the focal distance and framing.

America. Exceptional.
    Incongruity could not be greater.
    We have come to expect the mediocre.

11. Daniel says:

I hope they read some more news articles… but more importantly, they cite the source as they do.

12. Rainy says:

Don’t get discouraged. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against the powers of darkness, principalities and wickedness in high places. Ephesians.
    The devil himself is bringing the gates of hell against our precious country, this country that was dedicated to God and backs Israel.
    He can use all these ignorant hateful mouths to steal and destroy but they will not win in the end. It is no accident that Trump is president and no matter what the enemy camp tries to use against him they will not prevail!! God is in control!!

• Cowwow says:

Amen and amen! Nothing will stop us from praying diligently for our President, leaders and country!

• justfactsplz says:

A thousand likes to your comment. I totally agree with it. I pray all the time that no weapon formed against President Trump shall prosper. I believe God’s hand is on him and keep him safe. I believe that President Trump’s agenda is God’s will and God will see it to fruition.

13. Trumppin says:

Mean while the Trump Train is rolling strong! Choo choo!
    Early Morning Line For The Rally

14. John Doe says:

I just came to the Treehouse now. I’ve been watching the hearing since the beginning. I don’t think I’m watching the same hearing as most of the commenters on here. Take a deep breath…it’s gonna be okay. Trump will win. Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) is creaming Comey right now.

15. Bull Durham says:

Did anyone feel compelled to vote in 2016 because of Russian influence?
    We have a nice “test” group here at the CTH.

Please let us all know if you had some influence from Russia on your decision to MAGA, to stand in line for 8 hours, some in the cold and rain/snow and some in the heat, some facing protestors, some walking for miles in a long line to get in.

How did Vlad and the Russians turn you from who you really wanted to choose Trump?

What reading material or videos or audio tracks or secret agents bent your will to vote against Hillary?

Speak up now. Congress is calling. America needs to hear from you.

Particularly if you are from the swing states, the battleground states, you know where Hillary said FU and didn’t go or spend any money there. How did the Russians exploit that?

Clue us all in.

• Thorfinnr says:

This reminds me of when I was young and rebellious, and my parents used to say, “Those friends of yours are causing you to act this way,” and I would respond, “No, I hang out with those friends because I agree with them.”

Same situation. I don’t think the way I do because I read CTH. I found CTH because it had a lot of people who I agree with.

• fred5678 says:

I really like beef Stroganoff — does that count??

Oh, and I sympathized with the character Sean Connery played in “The Hunt for Red October”.

• fred2w says:

LOL. Good joke.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Let me put it this way. For my calculations, I simply ASSUME that anybody who agrees with me about Crimea being properly Russian (thus knowing a bit of history) IS in fact a Russian troll, a (Comey’s word for the day) “co-optee”, a person of Russian heritage, or if I can’t be more sure what they are, a full-on Russian spy. I don’t have to be right – I just do it for “safety’s sake” – to make my calculations as safe as possible. And sadly, what I find, is not only that I support the heck out of Trump (who is actually opposed to me on Crimea) – I also find the Russosphere to be more honest on most domestic American issues than our own UniParty.

So how can I say I’m NOT influenced by Russian propaganda? Putin is brilliant to use a higher level of TRUTH in his propaganda, than the Democrat/UniParty/DeepState. And I love Truth. It’s pretty much a no-brainer. MORE RUSSIAN TRUTH-PROP! PLEASE!

😉 <—The wink of completely facetious complete truth, which I only get to use sometimes.

• joninmd22 says:

I watched From Russia With Love and Tatiana Romanova made me do it.

• Mr. Morris says:

One of the numerous reasons I voted for Donald J. Trump was because Obama, Hillary and other Obama Cabinet officials authorized the transfer of 20% of U.S. Uranium assets to Russia. My fear was that Hillary would sell or transfer to Russia other U.S. Strategic assets if she was elected President.

• Orygun says:

Russian influence only occurred in my not wanting Hillary and McCain to start a war that would get me vaporized. Other than that influence that is about it. The whole world was sighing with relief when President Trump was elected.

16. Bonitabaycane says:

Comey is part of the swamp. This lying, traitorous weasel needs to be drained.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

He did talk about “co-optees” today, however. This is progress. They’re backing off from “Russian spies” to “Russian dupes”. Eventually he’ll get around to “admittedly the Russians told the truth on that, but they lie about other stuff, and should not be believed”. That is the point where a cure is possible. 😉

17. Bob Thoms says:

Comey has enabled the Russian goal of “creating the cloud” over our electoral process.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Frankly, it’s hard to tell which side has done more clouding. And that was likely the goal of the entire “spy estate”. Maintain cover.

I mean, it’s obvious as hell that everybody is trying to influence everybody else’s election without being blamed for doing so. The question is how to do it “properly” (have to LOL about that).

18. Bull Durham says:

This is why the bullet to the back of the head was invented.

• Bob Thoms says:

Comey is a snake; the Democrats are truly despicable by promoting this Russian narrative………….

• Paco Loco says:

These hearings are all about laying the grounds by the Uniparty to impeach Trump. Ask yourself, why did Rogers go outside of channels to visit Tump after the election? To warn him that he was being survellied or to give him a message from TPTB that they were going to take him down? No questions to Rogers about that meeting in today’s hearing.

• majorstar says:

Yes, there were. Rogers stated it was a job interview.

• Howie says:

I have no doubt they are trying their best.

• Orygun says:

I think this whole Russian plot was brought up by Hillary and after her election win they were going to use it to punish Donald Trump with it. Bankrupt him and imprison him to send a message for the uniparty. They decided to run with it after all to see if they could impeach him with the fabricated evidence.
          Electing President Trump has thrown a monkeywrench into their whole scheme but they have nothing more to lose(except their freedom) and everything to gain.

• Russians used or still use 22 LR…Lead w/reduced charge.

19. Bob Thoms says:

Excellent exchange with Dr. Westrup and Comey…………..strong points…….

20. Summer says:

Why were Comey and Rogers not asked to resign? Was it because they informed the then-President Elect that they were investigating his campaign and President Trump did not want to give any appearance that he was obstructing justice? I remember he told Jason Shaffetz to feel free to investigate whatever they want. I think they should have been fired on day one regardless. They and their deputies.

Comey and Rogers want to preserve their jobs and their worthless skin (they are dealing with the Clintons) first and formost, protect the swamp at all cost (because they are dirty and have no choice) and appear impartial while obviously allowing all sorts of malicious innuendo to take place.

21. WallyWorld says:

What is Trumps strategy for keeping Comey? Comey will never turn on the Clinton’s. This guy is a criminal. He needs to be fired. Comey literally serves no purpose but to obstruct and stab you in the back

• Oldschool says:

Excellent question Wally, but I have yet to hear a reasonable answer. I simply do not buy that all these bad players are there to be exposed and hang themselves. It simply doesn’t make sense.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I think that Trump respects the office. The damage done by a President firing the head of the FBI is something that the Diabolical Dems would surely wish for, no matter who was fired, because it sets a precedent for their next President Communist Ringer to use it on an HONEST FBI Director.

• jtomka says:

The “Russian” investigation was started prior to Jan 20 and if Trump fired Comey, the dems would say Trump did it to stop the investigation. Until this is over, we are stuck with Comey.

22. Mickey Wasp says:

Speier ask the FBI Director Comey and NSA Admiral Rogers if they know of or have heard of Gazprom … and BOTH of them say they have never heard of it !!
    The largest damn natural gas company in Russia, with world-wide assets …

Yet, neither of these heads of ‘intelligence’ or ‘investigation’ communities in the American government has ever heard of Gazprom ?

• John Galt says:

Fire them for gross ignorance.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

*face-palm*

That’s like saying you don’t know what Exxon is.

Ridiculous. So Comey is a Clapper. GREAT.

The minimal answer should be “I’ve heard of it, but I’m not familiar with details of the company, and I’ve forgotten the associated scandals and whatnot. It’s been in the news, and more so a few years back.” That would be “I’ve read the newspaper” knowledge.

So why would he be covering for Gazprom? Is it part of a hit on Trump? Only reason I can think he’d need to lie about it.

23. David says:

WHY?
    James Comey can state there is an on-going investigation regarding the Russians and Donald Trump Campaign, but can’t state there is an on-going investigation regarding the FBI Felony Crime Leaks. James Comey did not even no how many authorized personnel in the FBI has unmasked Information. Doesn’t this prove he is not even trying to find the leaks. Isn’t this grounds for being fired.

Clinton Foundation and Emails factual information that is in the public domain shows crimes have been committed. Why is this not the center of an investigation. Russian Uranium Deal (Clinton Foundation) is factual; Russia ties to the Trump Campaign is speculation and a made up story.

It’s time to clean the SWAMP

• Enlightened Vulgarian says:

“I can’t respond to that question” appears to be Comey’s version of “I invoke my Fifth Amendment privilege….”

• Oldschool says:

Bingo. If they were investigating the leaks, they would certainly know how many had access to info.

• David says:

I hope Trey Gowdy will asked Comey; your answer of not even knowing the unmasked people in the FBI personnel who has this authority clearly indicate you have no real concern of investigating these leaks.

The facts clearly show there are Leaks. These are the actions of a 3rd world country and could take down the United States and its Constitution.

IF THE FBI doesn’t have the ability to even find all these leaks in own department; shouldn’t we form an independent New FBI and investigate the FBI?

• tellthetruth2016 says:

Where is Sessions ???

• smartyjones1 says:

Comey may be correct. There may not be an investigation by the FBI into the classified intel leaks.

The DOJ has its own investigators. They don’t need to have the FBI do anything if they are the lead on the sharing of classified information.

It’s happened before and this is not unusual if the FBI is considered compromised.
      So Comey would be correct in his answer. He actually doesn’t know and may not be aware of another area (DOJ) performing in that role.

24. Miss America says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: PDJT was too trusting following his election. He should have arranged for Comey to go, fired all Obama employees/appointees, and gone after the Clintons, the Obamas, Lynch and Holder, etc.

PDJT has a big heart and that is now working to his disadvantage.

25. Howie says:

And now back to coverage of the Intelligence Committe

26. It looked to me like a carefully orchestrated theatrical production to set the stage for why they can prove high crimes and misdemeanors and impeachment. I have heard many say President Trump will not last the year and now, to me their plot is coming into focus.

27. fred5678 says:

CNN news flash — Comey has a small bladder.

• 3x1 says:

Nope. Bathroom breaks are for getting coached. Remember Hillary at the debates.

I’d bug the daylights out of restrooms outside those hearings. Oh wait. bugging is a no-no for the unwashed masses.

• Kathy says:

I consider it unprofessional, undignified, narcissistic, inconsiderate, and supremely disrespectful that TAK breaks are not pre-scheduled every 3 hours! [tap-a-kidney]

28. Howie says:

Half the country has no faith in the FBI or CIA at this point. A compleat purge of the agencies is needed to avoid civil war.

29. Bull Durham says:

Senator MIke Lee proving he’s a NeverTrumper till death.

What a scumbag!

30. WallyWorld says:

What we are witnessing today in these hearings is not only appalling, it’s extremely dangerous.

We watched the FBI director, confirm that Trump’s associates are being investigated, in spite of the fact, the NSA official saying there was no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

We saw the FBI director, refuse to even acknowledge that the leaks to the media are classified information, and therefore, are NOT being investigated.

We are watching our federal agencies, try to convince us that there were ties between Trump and Russia, while assuming Putin hated Hillary enough to steal our election for her.

And the condescending tone of these officials is jaw-dropping, considering it’s their agencies breaking the law!

What we are witnessing is the Deep State on full display, and even President Trump cant do much to stop it.

31. Howie says:

The Chicoms were for Hillary and the Russians for Trump. Duhhhhh~!

32. majorstar says:

This is becoming a LOT more palatable to me with every day that passes:

33. I hope before the day is out one of the Republicans asks Comey how he can conduct an 8 month investigation involving foreign actors without making use of wiretaps or other types of surveillance. His statement that he see no evidence to back up President Trump claims coupled with his announcement that he has been investigating Trump since July just don’t add up. I am surprised that this obvious question has not been asked yet. So far the republicans have wasted their time at the mic.

34. Martin says:

35. maggiemoowho says:

I’m loving this hearing, the Democraps are making complete fools of themselves. The one thing that Comey and Rodgers have made very well known, is that most of the so called “classified” info being leaked is WRONG, just WRONG. Every allegation that the Dems are making against Trump and his Campaign is from the media, the very people who keep spewing the “Classified” BS.
    Any investigation done into Russia is going to shine a great big fat light on the Obama administration, Clinton, Nuland, McFaul and I’m guessing McCain also. There is a reason that Kislyak was allowed to stay in the US when all the others were kicked out, what is that reason. Why did Obama allow this so called horrible spy to stay in the US.

36. Dora says:

37. fred5678 says:

C-SPAN playing Comey’s opening statement during “Russian Election Intervention”

Comey starts talking about “Investigating possible Russian influence on the election” then mentions Trump BUT NOT CLINTON!!! WHY NOT?? Has he not heard of the Clinton Foundation and uranium??? Fingers crossed that investigation is on-going.

38. Kelly says:

• I saw this part and Gowdy asked very good questions. He didn’t take no for an answer either, he would rephrase the question and keep trying to get an answer. I use to like Gowdy a lot but I got sick of the investigations he headed never going anyplace or resulting in criminal charges being filed. I’m not sure whose fault that was but it was very disheartening. We knew they were guilty as sin.

39. WallyWorld says:

Comey wouldnt comment about the legality of stating a US citizen name in an intercepted call even though it is illegal…also wont say if he told obama about the general flynn on the Russian call….hmmmm we might have one or two of the illegal name leakers……comey and obama

40. Oh now Comey will answer a hypothetical.

41. Dora says:

Someone should send this list to those blabbermouths.

==

Top Democratic Lobbyist Bundlers Tied to Russian Interests

Lobbyists hauled in millions for Clinton’s failed presidential campaign, thousands for Dem leaders
    A number of top Democratic lobbyist bundlers, who together pulled in millions of dollars for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and donated generously to Democratic leaders, personally represent or work at firms that have represented Russian interests in recent years, according to a review of foreign agent registration filings.

42. I was listening to Dir Comey telling the panel that he cannot comment on an ongoing investigation. This is the ongoing investigation that the FBI has been running regarding the Trump campaign and the Russians since last July. Is this the same FBI that managed to clear 650,000 emails from HRC in one week prior to the election? And we’re supposed to believe him?

43. Pam says:

Here’s the photo. 😀

44. Concerned Virginian says:

Am trying to read all the comments and the articles here and watch the stomach”-turning Comey “circus hearing”.
    Am I alone in thinking that EVERYTHING going on in Congress/DC is now, and has been, focused on removing President Trump by ANY MEANS necessary? 25th Amendment, impeachment, etc. etc.? Any that they ALL are under the puppet-master control of Barack Obama and his “Shadow Presidency”? So they are ALL going to lie/evade/obfuscate, to fulfill the “orders” they’ve gotten from Obama?
    And at the same time, to sow distrust/fear/mistrust, of President Trump among not only his supporters who voted for him, but ALSO for anyone who MIGHT be convinced that he is the perfect person to lead the United States away from the abyss, with all the violent “dump Trump” protesters, the scripted “educated voters” who disrupt the town hall meetings of OUR Representatives, and the machinations of the talking heads?
    So what WE, the legion supporters of President Trump, are facing, is a toxic mix of Deep State + globalists + entrenched DC Beltway interests + big money control freaks like George Soros.
    Back to the comments and hearings…and good hot coffee.

45. Did anyone catch the Dem. guy when he was talking about A.G. sessions and his so called perjury of not disclosing meeting Russian Amb.? He then brought up that there was a third meeting in April 16 with he and Pres. Elect.were meeting with foreign officials that was also not disclosed. Does anyone know what that was. I don’t remember ever hearing that one?

46. citizen817 says:

Trump Recap:

Basically, all theatre all the time. Should be a Broadway show. The blind questioning the blind. Enough!

47. maggiemoowho says:

About the Miss Universe Pageant being held in Moscow. Trump and NBC owned that pageant at the time. Is NBC under investigation. How about the pageant host Thomas Roberts, he was an anchor from MSNBC at the time or how about Steven Tyler, Tara Lipinski and Telemundo, they were all there on business with the pageant