Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met with Japan Minister for Foreign Affairs, Fumio Kishida, at the Ikura Guest House in Tokyo, Japan. The visit included a joint press conference. The first video below is edited down to present Secretary Tillerson’s statement as well as his answers to a few questions.

With all the challenges facing Asia: North Korea missile tests, China expansion into the S-China Sea etc., the ugly American press corps never fails to deliver the reality of their self-absorption. [04:35] The extremely predictable journalists within the State Department Correspondents Association (SDCA) ask Tillerson about State Department budget cuts; that’s what they are worried about.

Here’s an extended version of the presser:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, China, media bias, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

61 Responses to Secretary Rex Tillerson Statement and Press Conference In Japan with Minister Fumio Kashida….

1. R-C says:

Just a quick question: does anybody know if the press was able to make their connecting flights? –It would pain my heart to know that the press didn’t get there in time for T-Rex’s speech…

2. In AZ says:

Of course the presstitutes are worried about budget cuts. The cuts affect their masters…..the Communist Globalists.

3. backseatdog says:

Actually it would have been better if the plane they were on went to the wrong country.

4. boogywstew says:

When T- Rex is giving a speech they should bang a gong before the speech and then get it on.

• Dekester says:

Marc Bolan and T.Rex memories from my youth…thanks

• Olivertwist says:

According to NYT flying in Air Force One is $2000 and more for international flights. Chartered flights is at least $2400, why are we not charging more. Think of the convenience, they do not have to catch a cab and shorter time to get to destination and from airport to where Rex T will be. They go through customs quicker and have security because they will be travelling with the Secretary. No more travelling with our planes anymore, let them go on their own and go economy.

• litlbit2 says:

IMHO, another example and there are several in which the CEO whatever does not have the ability to operate a successful, profitable business model with riding on the back of the American taxpayer.
          Bankruptcy filing should be going up!

• litlbit2 says:

Without, sorry.
            It seems each time I type on this site, the typing is delayed,
            When attempting to backspace it complete message is deleted without stopping. Wth

• MaineCoon says:

I have this issue all the time plus the “Reloaded as have a problem with the website” message. Constant problems in posting. In fact having problems trying to post this. We’ll see….

• Wend says:

LOVE both T-REXes-I’ve been playing Marc Bolan and T-Rex in the car lately-Sooo good. Also love “20th Century Boy”. RIP Marc Bolan.

5. EWSoCal says:

I’m just thankful that the Clinton Global Initiative can step in to handle any problems caused by State Department belt tightening.

If Bill and Hillary were to each give a few speeches per week, at the rates they were charging the past few years, any and all starving women and children would be fed, educated, and given a smart phone.

• palafox says:

Funny no one wants to pay Bill or Hillary to speak anymore.

• dginga says:

They could replace all of the foreign aid that Trump wants to cut. Bill and Hill want to be the rulers of the New World Order, they can use their foundation money to pay off the dictators around the world instead of using OUR money to do it.

6. dreadnok89 says:

i really like this guy. such a professional

7. dreadnok89 says:

i really like this guy. such a professional

8. H.R. says:

Yup. With the cuts, perhaps their favorite ‘sources say’ will get the axe.

Most of all, I find it embarrassing that they are bringing something that’s only of interest in the U.S. Should have been only questions about what the meeting meant for Japan/USA interests and areas of cooperation.

I thought Trump Derangement Syndrome was inversely proportional to the distance between the President and the press corpse, but I guess I’m wrong on that point.

• rvsueandcrew says:

I agree, H.R. But I don’t think we can expect the “extremely predictable journalists” to know what is appropriate behavior. It’s beyond their scope.

• napoleon32 says:

SDCA: “What should we ask about during Secretary Tillerson’s presser in Japan? Trade with Japan? North Korean aggression? Disputes between China and Taiwan? No, we MUST ask about proposed State Department cuts he was certainly consulted on!” “Brilliant!”

• louche9 says:

“Most of all, I find it embarrassing that they are bringing something that’s only of interest in the U.S.” Particularly grating, as it’s coming from self-regarding snobs who look down on Americans as parochial rubes.

9. Doug says:

well part of the budget cuts are not paying for a bunch of snot nosed journalist to travel free around the world.

• catluver99 says:

As not to be a big stone in the creek impeding water flow, from what I understand, the news agencies like MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN ect, those companies pay for the seats for their reporters whether it be commercial flights or Air Force 1. But, the taxpayers pay for luxuries, such as sushi, caviar, champagne ect. while on these flights like we saw with Hillary Clinton’s travel parties.

I’ve looked up various websites which gives the cost for each news organization per each journalist. I haven’t found a more recent one since Obama’s term so I didn’t post any references.

• Wend says:

Their presence also creates an extremely distracting and unprofessional atmosphere. Why should a consummate professional like T-Rex have to put up with their infantile behavior? These planes are not flying party buses.

• WhatDoesThisButtonDo says:

Tillerson is meeting in Tokyo. AP, Reuters, CNN, NBC, CBS, NYTimes all have news bureaus in Tokyo and I’m sure there’s a bunch of other news outlets I didn’t bother to look up just now. The bureau reporters don’t have to deal with connecting flights and getting through customs so why does the Fake News need to send anyone?

• squidward says:

With each additional pound, the cost of the operating the aircraft goes up. The less people travelling the better. It’s also a cost saving method to use a Gulfstream rather than a 757.

10. maiingankwe says:

Well, I really don’t think they are mentally equipped to come up with serious questions on the fly. It would take a number of them to sit around and figure out what was really being sai.
    at this press conference. So no, I would t be surprised if their questions had been figured out before this started, and could care less about a twenty year old treaty between these two strong nations.

Slightly OT: Did anyone notice all of the chatter going on when T-Rex was answering questions? It may have been them trying to come up with a worthy question among them. I couldn’t hear what language was being spoken, it was just endless chatter. I thought it to be rude though.

11. Southern Son says:

T-Rex exudes Confidence and Determination in the face GlobalCommieProg resistance.
    He doesn’t need to brush it aside, he just steps over it, as if it doesn’t exist.
    This is the kind of Leadership that America has been needing for my whole life.
    No more #mcworsethancarter.

istolethat

• JC says:

Yes, Southern Son. T-Rex is dignified, wise and diligent. I feel honored as an American citizen that a man of his caliber has taken on this enormous responsibility. Frankly, it’s a pleasure to see and hear him without stomach clenching and steam coming out of my ears, as with past criminal and inept Secretaries of State. Elated no more of the witch or Lurch.

12. floridahoosier93 says:

It’s all about them (the press). What a bunch of self-serving people.

13. Lburg says:

I had to laugh and shake my head even though the press corpses were predictably, sadly under informed and inane; real time examples of why they can’t fly on his plane.

Apparently, Secretary Tillerson favors the quote of an unknown bard, “I don’t do stupid.”

14. dayallaxeded says:

I’d like to see T-Rex and other cabinet level officials flying to meetings in F16Bs or similar. Get in, get out, maximum maneuverability and firepower. F the press. They’ve been F’ing us since at least Duranty (1922–1936, NYT USSR bureau chief-apologist for Stalin) and probably longer. We are owed a whole lot of payback against these 4th Estate/5th Columnists!

• James W Crawford says:

F-16 does not have the range for intercontinental flights.

• dustycowpoke says:

In air refueling is possible. The fighter jocks do it all the time. AF one escort is an example.

• mike says:

One engine is unreliable over water. There’s a reason pilots called them lawn darts.
        I lost my best friend from high school in an F16.

• TexasRanchQueen says:

Mike, so sorry for your loss of your best HS friend.
          I worked for a Realtor whose son’s F16 crashed into the ocean; they never found him and just bits of the jet. His wife was expecting their first child.

We live close to an Air Force Base and if I am outside when they fly over I always wave and ask God to keep them safe.

15. ok4ayl says:

I’ve been a loyal follower of CTH for 3 plus years, finally decided to start commenting…..:)

16. Chris Sims says:

And what exactly did we miss if they did miss their flights? Snarkiness? The same questions over and over again? Russians? Wiretapping?

17. fedback says:

Reporters were asked to state name and affiliation before asking questions.
    Of course the English speaking reporter didn’t do that