Friday March 3rd – Open Thread

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

120 Responses to Friday March 3rd – Open Thread

1. The Devilbat says:

This truly makes me sick and I mean SICK. Rahm Emanuel is the worst kind of criminal.

This is the story of what happened in my life on January 24 1975. (yes me the Devilbat) I lived and worked in Manhattan as a young man. One Friday is burned forever into my memory.

On Friday, Jan. 24, 1975 at 1:29PM I had just walked past Fraunces Tavern on Broad Street. I felt an enormous shock wave that almost knocked me over.

A woman was lying on the opposite side of the street. I ran over to her but I thought she was dead so I turned my attention to helping a group of people who were staggering out of the famous landmark where George Washington bid farewell to his officers on December 04 1783.

There was smoke everywhere. Many of the people were severely injured. It was a nightmare. The emergency services arrived soon after and an ambulance crew took over the man who I was helping. He was in a bad way. 4 men died in the explosion.

A bomb (10LBS of dynamite) had ben left in the Tavern in a briefcase. It exploded as people were eating their lunches. It was left by members of the Puerto Rican FALN terrorist group.

Many of the group were later caught. they all received long prison sentences. This part of the story is bad enough but it got worse, much worse.

True to the America hating democrats, On August 11, 1999, Bill Clinton commuted the sentences of 16 members of the FALN. The terrorist group had set off 120 bombs in the United States, mostly in New York City and Chicago. Their convictions included conspiracy to commit robbery, bomb-making, and sedition. as well as firearms and explosives violations.

The 16 were convicted of conspiracy and sedition and sentenced with terms ranging from 35 to 105 years in prison. Congress, however, recognized that the FALN was responsible for six deaths and the permanent maiming of dozens of others, including law enforcement officials.

Clinton offered one of the ring leaders, a man by the name of López Rivera and 13 other convicted FALN members conditional clemency in 1999, but López Rivera rejected it. The usurper Obama being a true hater of America ordered the release of Oscar Lopez Rivera before he left office.

Now to top everything off, the City of Chicago has renamed a road after the unrepentant terrorist Rivera that had previously been named for Donald Trump. This is proof that the people controlling the democratic party are in reality a group of hard core communists. As I said, this makes me sick.

Please read this article:

• citizen817 says:

Saw it the other day…made me sick then too
      Emanuel is a snake, and much worse.

• ladypenquin says:

I have trouble thinking of words that go beyond “scum” and these people are running our country and our cities. I’d always thought that right and wrong was the foundation of America. The Clinton years opened my eyes. Now each day, with every new attack on our President and the good people he is choosing to aid in fixing the country, my disbelief grows and grows. It’s like there has been a suspension of all law and order.

Getting Trump in was only the first step toward thwarting Evil – Hillary was just one representative of how bad it really is. Half of my praying goes to the Good Lord to simply release me from the feeling of hate as I see how deep this all goes.

How could so many people be so blind? Do they know not what they’re asking for in keeping scoundrels running their towns and cities?

• georgiafl says:

Despicable!!!

• amwick says:

Dear Devilbat,
      I wouldn’t be surprised at all if you spent many many years wondering why you happened to be walking down that block, at that terrible moment.. Well, bearing witness to this atrocity may just may be the reason. I am so sorry, and so angry.

2. citizen817 says:

As if Baltimore didn’t have enough problems!

7 Baltimore police officers indicted on federal racketeering charges

Charges include fraudulent overtime claims, robbing victims

The indictment added that in other instances, drugs and guns were recovered from arrestees and in several instances, the officers did not file any police reports. The amounts stolen ranged from $200 to $200,000.

According to the indictment, the defendants stole money, property and drugs by detaining victims, entering their homes, conducting traffic stops and swearing out false search warrant affidavits.

• usnveteran says:

citizen817 ~
      I followed this story for a while and lost track of it — I’m really surprised these cases even made it into Court – several Courts today are just as corrupt and ‘bought’ as some of the law enforcement.

Maryland must also stop dragging its feet to reform the multi-law enforcement’s Civil Asset Forfeiture free-for-all nonsense and the excessive force/brutality associated with it.

• georgiafl says:

Baltimore – where a jailer had a prisoner’s baby.

3. nwtex says:

• citizen817 says:

Walt isn’t rolling over in his grave on this.
      He had subliminal messaging in a lot of characters he created…all sexual in nature.

• Wavetheshales says:

There’s a great book called “Disney and the Bible” which covers a lot about Disney, and how it wasn’t as family-friendly as they would have us believe. Walt had “issues”, which could be seen as almost none of the “families” in the various movies were normal.

Sad to say, almost nothing that’s aimed at kids, even back then, is free of messaging.
        Our duty as parents is to be discerning, and keep the garbage out of our children’s lives (and ours), as much as possible, despite peer and societal pressure.

It is, and has always been, a battle for our hearts and minds. The oldest sin of all, when the Devil said “but GOD didn’t say…..”, clear back in the Garden of Eden.

He’s been saying it ever since, through the DEMON(c)RATS, emerging-church “pastors”, politically- but not salvation-oriented churches, and the likes of “Francis the talking fool” who claim to be Christian, but are only puppets of Soros &co. and the “liberation theology” Marxist movement…..

• smiley says:

I posted an article and link on this subject a day ago but it got gobbled up by moderatin’ rabbits but the general gist went something like this…

disney is trying to live-down…fundamentally change… its sexist-racist image from eons past with a newer more PC-friendly trend while also capturing the hearts/minds of The Young, as only Entertainment can do…they call it SHAPING the minds.

• Gil says:

New live action beauty n the beast makes le fou gay…..way over representative of actual %. Nickelodeon jr has a transgender f to m cartoon, a drag queen, and gay couples. My son doesnt watch those, but im very particular about what he sees and we look on youtube for old disney and other non political or sex oriented toons. I hate what has become of even kids “entertainment “.

• nwtex says:

The deterioration of the family leaves a void in a childs life and needs to be filled….so this stuff steps in.

• nwtex says:

“…this stuff” and other unhealthy, confusing influences.

• nwtex says:

Rearing children is a 24 hr a day job which lasts 18+ years. And, unless unavoidable, a parent needs to be present…..and vigilant….very vigilant. People need to think before bringing children into this world. it’s a huge responsibility, not a side job.

• Sentient says:

Gross

• Anonymous says:

Looks like a young boy and a grown man with a mustache. Smh.

• dogsmaw says:

I never invested one penny in Disney…all my info came from the library as a young child 🙂

• G-d&Country says:

Same here and with dear hubby as well. Lived fine without Disney.
        p.s. luv your little doggie picture. 🙂

• G-d&Country says:

Speaking about libraries, and how they helped so many of us as youngsters —-
        At one time I was taking classes at Radcliffe/Harvard. I had to go down into the old library stacks below Harvard Square because I needed info from books from the 1800’s. I was appalled and made physically sick from the MOLD! There were 10’s of thousands of books literally being destroyed because it was not dry enough, and they were “conserving energy” by only having lights on when someone went down. With the billion+ dollar endowment they have, it would be comparatively very little to have proper HVAC and humidity control to save these books. Books are one of the most expensive things to get mold out of (which I sadly know from experience). These books will eventually be lost because I can not see them spending the money to now remove the mold from them.
        How many other colleges and public libraries are letting decades of knowledge be destroyed??? My dad always said “look at the old history books because they are re-writing history”. Well, they are destroying the old history books! What really worries me is how everything is now on the computer – why have books right? So now all someone has to do to change history is wipe out some website info with the stroke of a keyboard instead of hunting down and destroying physical books. Also in my library there are actually few books so now you must show ID to get a library card and sign up on the computer to get many books. They are then sent to the library for you. You have no privacy of going into a large library like my blue collar town had as a child and just browsing and anonymously reading whatever you want. Physical books in private hands is important. Everyone should have their own library. Thank you. rant over.

4. usnveteran says:

March 2, 2017
    The Enemies Within … By Trevor Loudon:
    “The ‘Enemies Within’ profiles fourteen Senators and more than fifty Representatives – – –
    Their ties to Communist Party USA, Democratic Socialists of America, Workers World Party, the Institute for Policy Studies, Council for a Livable World and other radical anti-America organizations.”

March 2, 2017
    Glazov Gang: The Anti-Trump Revolution, With Trevor Loudon:
    ‘Filmmaker Trevor Loudon unveils a nation under siege’.

• smiley says:

past few days, I’ve been reminded of the Nixon years, for some reason…Watergate, treachery, etc..

and thought of this scene from Stone’s movie…

• usnveteran says:

smiley ~
        Good one!

Ron Paul said something similar recently, “If you want to get out of the war, then bring the troops home…”. I know that the Beast is addicted to war it is not going to be easy to break that addiction.

America has got to stop fueling the Military Complex and it is best that he begin with getting us out of the United Nations. Then send all the immigrating-refugees back to their home countries to fight their own wars.

5. Garrison Hall says:

Head’s up mods: I again got redirected to another site with the following message:

Dear browser user,

You are today’s lucky visitor for: March 2, 2017

Please complete this short survey and to say “Thank You” we’ll give you a chance to get a $1000 Visa Gift Card®!

I’m always deeply suspicious of these kinds of sudden shifts. I don’t think this is cause by anything on my computer because I work hard to keep it clean. Since this is the second time this has happened in the past few days I thought you should know about it.

• This has happened to me too but not today so far.

• usnveteran says:

Garrison Hall ~
      Yeah, I got the same message a few times. I updated my Malware program, hope that fixes it.

Thanks for the ‘word-up’.

• ladypenquin says:

Happened to me last night, 1st time. Was reading the Presidential Open Thread, and all of a sudden it took me to something else, and it was that $1,000 thingy. Quickly left the site as I worried about it being hacked.

• dogsmaw says:

browsing thru email, I came across a phishing scam that said…I bought shoes through PayPal account…1st and foremost i forwarded it to spoof (at) paypal (dot) com…next I got the phone number and called them directly to verify the charge wasn’t on the account. Be sure to review and not click on any email that you receive and do not go directly to any link in those phishing scams…and never give out your info on any website. PayPal did all my clicking while in conversation over the phone 🙂

• Ziiggii says:

Garrison – get and run Malwarebytes. Sounds like you got some that are cookies or cache files that are basically redirects. They are annoying and can be triggered in a bunch of different ways which can make it seem “random” in nature.

• Garrison Hall says:

I run Malwarebites regularly and it hasn’t found anything. I also run an Avast boot-level scan. Neither have turned up anything. Both may have missed something so I’ll drill down deeper. Interestingly, this only happens on this site.

• Ziiggii says:

that is interesting – maybe try and run Ghostery or AdBlocker if you have Firefox. It may just be some malware in the ads that WordPress is pushing to the Tree.

Since it is so sporadic and seems to be also happening to others – even being sent to the same supposed site – I have to wonder if this is more the case.

• Garrison Hall says:

Got AdBlocker.

• Willy says:

Is this being seen on mac computers? I hate to think of moving to the left wing mac computers. If they’re immune to this garbage, it may be time to leave commie globalist gates’ computers for a left wing mac….

• dogsmaw says:

Im sure its totally dependent of the settings of your mac…I never receive popups on my mac

• piper567 says:

Willy, this is a decision we are routinely forced into making: are we going to give our money to dispicable organizations/Corps?
              It is one thing to drop Starbucks and move to Black Rifle Coffee Co, and there are many other options.
              But with computers we are rather in a bind.
              This is how i am dealing with this, and I would like to hear reponses if anyone has the time.
              I am a Christian, and it is indeed a challenge to be in the world yet not of it.
              The way I am dealing with the computer issue is to look at it as a choice being made for the best product available, and I am able to go that route. I currently have Windows 10, and I hate it. It will not allow me to use my computer the way I wish, having formed my habits on 7Premium, which I loved.
              Many of my friends have Apple products, and I have played with them. In addition to the money I spend, annually, protecting my computer from stuff Apple products do not nedd protected from, the Apple does what I want it to do.
              Finally reached the point where I realized my computer was supposed to be a tool to make life easier, not an incessant irritant.
              So, I am planning on switching this year, as the Apple is, quite simply, a better product for my use.

• dogsmaw says:

I have been using Ccleaner for every puter that came into my home…be sure to stay with default settings unless you have knowledge beyond newbie :oP

Here is the link to free download

*Note – only for my personal use, Im have no affiliation with this product.

6. Garrison Hall says:

7. Guest says:

Interesting read from Ann Barnhardt on overhearing a dinner conversation of a group of “elites” discussing EU, subverting the law and how to take down Trump.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3: Coming tomorrow.

8. Sorry Folks,, these past 36 Hours I’ve got very,, very,,,..

9. Ip Siscr says:

Had this site recommended – does anyone know anything about its reliability ? http://www.shadowstats.com/

10. Lucille says:

WATCH! PAT CONDELL’S LATEST VIDEO: “WOMEN, DEFEND YOURSELVES”
    Posted on March 2, 2017 By Timon Dias

11. smiley says:

Source Between Two Rock Walls

o/c

1881

Arnold Bocklin (1827-19010 ~ Swiss ~ Symbolist

🙂

• jeans2nd says:

Ed Straker, NewsMachete, rabid anti-Trumper. Def NOT qualified to comment on anything Trump, let alone Sec Mattis.

12. Dora says:

Since I am now reading a biography of Lord Byron, I found this painting to be amusing. It depicts Byron as a character in one of his own works.

Alexandre-Marie Colin – Byron as Don Juan, with Haidee (1831)

13. Oldie but goodie
    Comment section has the meat.

This shitz will not go away.

14. Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Thy face I humbly kneel, and with burning soul pray and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity, true contrition for my sins, and a firm purpose of amendment; the while I contemplate with great love and tender pity THY FIVE MOST PRECIOUS WOUNDS , pondering over them within me, whilst I call to mind what the Prophet David put in Thy mouth concerning Thee, O Good Jesus: “They have pierced My hands and My feet; they have numbered all My bones.”

15. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”
    John 11:25 (KJV)

16. duchess01 says:

17. Dora says:

The Vatican is lost. This reminds me of the message inscribed on the Georgia Guidestones. It makes me wonder all over again who wrote those diabolical instructions and why so many people around the world are following them.

========

Pro-abort Vatican speaker: Decreasing population by 6 billion would have a ‘pro-life effect.’

Ridding the world of 6 billion people to bring the population down to 1 billion would have an “overall pro-life effect,” a pro-abortion population control advocate told the press two days before delivering his speech at a Vatican-run conference on saving the natural world.

18. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

19. nimrodman says:

“Pah! Ve haff no use for disgusting, outdated nationalist flag! Ptui !”

20. Dora says:

I don’t trust anything that begins at the UN, but this thread has some gorgeous pictures.

• Wavetheshales says:

The Save The Arctic group is another CAGW pack-of-lies group. We have a polar-bear population explosion going on, so much so that they’re descending further down into Canada.

And they’re not the cuddly creatures the snowflakes and media would have you believe.
      They are EXTREMELY vicious, and dangerous. (Understandable, in the animal world, considering the conditions in which they live).

With Kommie-Kommon-Kore what-passes-for-science, the kids are probably taught that animals have first rights for everything, etc., etc., etc. Worshipping the creature, not the Creator (as usual).

I don’t think the Russians care one whit about that Save The Arctic wants with regard to oil exploration and retrieval. You’d think that with all the time the DEMON(c)RATS are spending with Russian Ambassadors, etc., they’d know…..

Oh, wait.

Maybe that’s it. Forbid the USA to explore/drill so that the DEMON(c)RATS’ Russian friends can expore/drill/profit from the oil and resources in the Arctic, to the detriment of the USA…..

21. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

22. Sentient says:

If anyone at Team Trump is reading this, keep in mind that we haven’t forgotten the campaign promises on healthcare https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/HCReformPaper.pdf
    especially points 5 and 7. Reports of the GOP approach to healthcare reform seem to include everything except points 5 and 7 – which are most important to cutting the cost of healthcare.

23. Minnie says:

Good morning Sundance, admins and all Treepers. I come to this thread each morning for shared faith, hope and inspiration – not feeling it today. Planet Earth continues its rotation, the sun rises and sets and seas rise and fall. I cannot be the only one who comes to this thread for respite and escape from the daily grind. We have threads on which to share collective angst, but here, right now, at this moment, all I want is comfort and the chance to offer comfort and to pray ~ God bless us, everyone. Thank you Duchess for “Verse of the Day”, I look forward to it each morning.

MAGA ❤

• G-d&Country says:

The opposition wants us sad and feeling alone. Then it is easier for them to control us. Constant stress hormones cause fatigue and illness as well as confusion and depression. Do not give in to those feelings. There are more of us than there are of them. They are just more of the “herd” type of people and we are more individualists. We are the type to work and get the job done, while they noisily complain for someone else to fix their problems.
      I have limited my news consumption. Also, the stress that various posters mentioned was a big part of why I started Cursday (*), which like the original Caturday, uplifts our spirits with smiles, laughter, and relieves stress with the wonderful gifts God gave us of our pets. I also greatly appreciate the prayers of posters. There is a prayer section if you click on the candle in the upper right section of this page.
      This is a great site with great posters.
      (*) I was originally going for something on Tuesday or Wednesday, but could not find anything to rhyme with those days 😉

24. Mike says:

I’m hoping, expecting something BIG today Sir!
    We badly need reinforcement.

25. Mike, your reinforcement will come tomorrow when you see thousands of Pres. Trump supporters take to the streets throughout the US to Support our President! Treepers, get out tomorrow and stand up! For a location near you, http://www.mainstreetpatriots.us or google March4Trump!

26. trapper says:

The alt-right white supremacist suspected of making threats against Jewish centers has been arrested. His picture is in the story:

27. Ziiggii says:

new product from Manufactured Nothing Burger, inc. :

Pence used private email while Indiana governor

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, his office said in a statement on Thursday.

The private email account was first reported by the Indianapolis Star, which said Pence used it at times to discuss sensitive matters and homeland security issues. The account was hacked last summer, the newspaper added.

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Pence criticized Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was U.S. secretary of state, saying it endangered national security.

“Similar to previous governors, during his time as Governor of Indiana, Mike Pence maintained a state email account and a personal email account,” Pence’s office said in a statement.

Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, the Star said.

**sigh** SMH **sigh**

So we now have floating “muh Russia!” stories for Sessions, Kushner, Donald Jr and Pence all within the past 48 hours. And there have been some things being “leaked” about McMaster’s supposedly from his personal military files…

As for the WH not attacking all these “leaks” and “very fake news”, I have a gut feeling that all these stories could be a “set up” long ago during the transition in a shrewd 6D chess match and were tripwires that were laid by only the most trusted Trump “insiders”; at least with re: to Kushner and Don Jr. The Flynn, Sessions & McMaster’s stuff is just ‘par for the course’ in DC politics.

(wishful thinking I know, but not entirely improbable)

28. JohnPaulJohnes says:

• SomebodyNobody. says:

The idiots want to import enemies and then humilate Americans like this and rob them of their privacy and dignity.

29. bessie2003 says:

This is a bit long, but thought it was well written and goes a long way to explain the mess that is the press has become.

30. Dora says:

Sometimes I’m actually afraid to see what’s coming next.

31. SomebodyNobody. says:

God, I, your humble servant, beg you to reveal the enemy and empower us to smite them. Help us conserve your Republic here on Earth, that we may continue to prepare your Children for their next life. All Glory to God and his human agents in Earth. God Bless this Republic and give us the courage to do your Will.

32. Philandro Castile’s girlfriend Diamond Dee arrested

33. Ziiggii says:

The Dem’s need a SD ‘penguin slap’ meme treatment !!!

Obama State Department Set Up Russian Ambassador Meeting With Sessions At RNC

Spakovsky writes that the event was a conference titled “Global Partners in Diplomacy,” where Sessions was the keynote speaker. It was sponsored by the State Department, the Heritage Foundation and other organizations.

“The conference was an educational program for ambassadors invited by the Obama State Department to observe the convention. The Obama State Department handled all of the coordination with ambassadors and their staff, of which there were about 100 at the conference,” Spakovsky writes.

He goes on to say, “Apparently, after Sessions finished speaking, a small group of ambassadors—including the Russian ambassador—approached the senator as he left the stage and thanked him for his remarks. That’s the first ‘meeting.’

NOM NOM NOM NOM – mmmmmm love ‘dem ‘Nothing Burgers’!

34. Ziiggii says:

is this the Wikileaks ‘Vault 7’ – IDK, but FBI Vault just released part 7 of The Beast’s investigation…

digging into it now

• Ziiggii says:

Sidney Blumenthal interview notes
      Several sets of interview notes re: the email servers and external devices
      Last set of interview notes speaks directly about the ‘7th Floor’ Group.

35. Lucille says:

Judicial Watch defense attorney Robert Patrick Sticht and client Robert L. Rosebrock will appear on “Fox & Friends Weekend” on the Fox News Channel in the 7 am ET hour tomorrow, Saturday, March 4, 2017, to discuss Judicial Watch’s and Robert Sticht’s representation of Rosebrock, a Vietnam-era veteran who faces federal criminal charges for displaying two four by six inch American flags outside a Veterans Affairs’ fence on Memorial Day, May 30, 2016.

Judicial Watch’s team of attorneys recently filed:

A motion to suppress statements Rosebrock allegedly made to a VA police officer during a custodial interrogation of Rosebrock without advising him of his Fifth Amendment rights, as required by Miranda v. Arizona.

Two motions to dismiss the “flag posting ” charge and two photography-related charges against Rosebrock on First Amendment and other constitutional grounds.

A motion to dismiss all charges against Rosebrock on the grounds of selective and vindictive prosecution and retaliation for Rosebrock’s having exercised his First Amendment rights.
    A hearing on Rosebrock’s motions is scheduled for March 7, 2017, in Los Angeles, CA. Rosebrock’s trial had also been set for March 7, but the court has delayed the trial.

**All media appearances are subject to change without notice. Check local listings for show times in your area

36. dman1971 says:

For all of you out there that feel like I do.

37. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen