More Important Than The Usual Sunday Talk – Stephen Mnuchin and Maria Bartiromo

This is a Sunday discussion that’s more important than the traditional Sunday “blather”.  Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin appears on Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartriomo to discuss President Trump economics.

Rejoice all ye econ and political geeks. Massive amounts of wholesome insight within the interview as Secretary Mnuchin discusses the budget, budgetary priorities, and yes, budgetary “goals” to include entitlement priority retention.   Mnuchin also discusses regulatory reform, financial reform the federal reserve.

Just like General Kelly (DHS), General Mattis (DoD) and T-Rex (DoS), Steve Mnuchin at treasury is exactly the right guy for this intensely consequential moment in time.  I shall frame the first $1 bill I discover with his signature.

steve-mnuchin-1

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Budget, Economy, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized, US Treasury. Bookmark the permalink.

207 Responses to More Important Than The Usual Sunday Talk – Stephen Mnuchin and Maria Bartiromo

1. Bull Durham says:

This is the second big interview with Mnuchin that Maria has done. In November, with Wilbur Ross, he was very focused, tightly focused on what he wants to get done. He is going to really be a great Secretary of the Treasury. He’s smart and looks like a tough in-fighter.

He’s the doctor with the cure.

• The Boss says:

Mnuchin has a sort of bedside manner in the way he speaks. Very confident and reassuring. The doctor is in.

• Remington...... says:

This stuff is all well and good, but the real question is does he understand Turbo tax?

• MVW says:

LOL ghost of Geitner!!!!

Mnuchin will soon have to deal with unraveling of Europe and the ball and chain bolted to the Federal Reserve ankle by Geitner and Obama. This is the problem with not auditing the Fed, ties to disaster are unreported and therefore not dealt with.

• The not at all “federal” nor “reserve” should be metaphorically hanged by the neck until dead.

Period. We were warned about the “central bank”, and the banksters made sure woodrow wilson let them in. It’s been incredibly downhill ever since.

#EndTheFed

#WAR

• oncefired says:

He Has a lot more to Deal with……Obama & Boehner left a Poison Pill Behind that Sundance has been referring to over the Whole Election! Under Obama no Budgets were Passed and the Debt Ceiling Raised, David Stockman (Reagan Budget Director) goes into Great Detail with Greg Hunter about What Exactly was Left Behind for Trump to Deal With, A Definite Must Watch!

• oncefired says:

Stockman Explains exactly what Sundance has been trying to Educate us on: The Main Street Economy & The Wall Street Economy and how Wall Street has Taken Over, But Trump Does have a Play to Shift Thing Back to the Main Street Economy! It Is Going to Take Quite a Bit of Standing Down The UniParty………We Are Lucky to Have The Right Person in The Right Place at the Right Time! All Explained and Called Correctly by Sundance Back in 2015 when Trump Announced His Candidacy!

• Maquis says:

The dude just said that Trump don’t know dog poop and he will preside over the complete destruction of our economy!

He called Trump ignorant of so many things I was all but yelling at him.

He claims there will be a debt ceiling fight/bloodbath. Well, IIRC, Obama eliminated the Debt Ceiling entirely.

He says there will be no money to do any of his infrastructure plans. Ignoring that Trump’s tax reforms, per Mnunchin (sp?) in the recent vid, are intended to repatriate TRILLIONS of dollars that they aren’t just going to put in the local bank.

There will be a big tax gain in that one move, discounted rate or no, paying for much of Trump’s plans.

And what, Trump is a fool for believing that he can renegotiate bad defense deals that were struck by pols in Tom Cochran’s pocket, ensuring there will be gravy for all? Trump can’t fix that? At all?

Sorry, I don’t buy what this guy is selling. Or smoking, whatever…

• Maquis says:

I grant that Anti-President Obama left a big dump everywhere he could. He was trying to collapse more than healthcare. He’s a dyed in the wool Communist intent on destroying this country and handing it over to the same folks he gave most of the Middle East to.

Trump does know these things. He will take it to us and be frank anout what was done, and what must happen.

I trust Trump.

I’m’a’gonna put that on a T-Shirt.

• ZurichMike says:

LOL! I have given up on Turbo Tax because it’s not good for American taxpayers living abroad — too much manual entry and finding of special forms. I now go to a tax preparation firm that specializes in US tax returns for those living abroad. Phew!

• mcclainra says:

I sure hope you’re correct Bull!

• anthonydog says:

Prayers that mNuchin can help to restore America as it was founded to be.

• Jedi9 says:

Yes! Totally agree!

I am a Trader in the FX markkets, and I watch very intently what this guy says. In fact he now has more sway than Yellen in terms of moving the markets, which as of today it has been rather a bearish bias in terms of FX. The biggest indicator is the USD/JPY pair. Tuesday’s Trumps address to congress will be a big moment for us traders that is certain to create volatility!

“I shall frame the first $1 bill I discover with his signature.”

Me too!

2. Publius2016 says:

One of the best Cabinets ever assembled. With Carson pending, may be the best ever. During his swearing in ceremony, Mnuchin said he was honored to follow in the footsteps of our first Treasury a Secretary Alexander Hamilton. Godspeed President Trump. Believe in the power of positive thinking.

3. M33 says:

I agree, Sundance.
    We could not have a better, smarter person as Treasury Secretary.
    I suspect his name will be remembered as very consequential in the history books of the future.

Well… that and nearly all of Trump’s department head picks (and of course Trump himself).

An amazing time it is to be alive.

4. freepetta says:

Tax cuts for us suffering middle class.

• MVW says:

I feel more comfortable with future tax cuts, but doubt would have been even less if he repeated 15%. Numbers are significant. I like numbers.

• freepetta says:

I hear you MVW. I just can’t keep paying the enormous amount of taxes for my not so big monthly income.

• The Demon Slick says:

I’m with you, right on the edge. In December I turned down 1500$ in overtime because it would have cost me 3600 in taxes. (It would have bumped me up to the next bracket). Tax cut = pay raise. Obamacare repeal too, but the company will probably pocket that one.

• freepetta says:

You said it slick!

• vinchenzer says:

Yep. The marginal tax rates are what stunts productivity. There should be only a 15% tax rate on personal and business taxes across the board. And the first $25000 of personal income should be exempt from taxes and the first $50000 for businesses should be exempt to help small businesses grow (most reinvest anyway their profits into the business). And anyone making over $1million income should have a minimum tax of 10%. The income tax in the beginning was only supposed to tax the upper income and leave the bottom income alone.

And cut or eliminate all federal welfare programs and let the states handle that issue. IMHO. Don’t know if that would all work but the more $$ in people’s pockets and out of DC is an economic growth benefit in itself.

• Hannibal Smith says:

“I turned down 1500$ in overtime because it would have cost me 3600 in taxes.”

AAARRRGGGGHHHGHHH!!!!!
            I want to scream every time someone says this!!!!

IT DOES NOT WORK THIS WAY!

Until the marginal rate exceeds 100% – which it absolutely does not – you DO NOT LOSE MONEY ON TAXES BY TAKING EXTRA INCOME!

Really! Seriously!
            Find an account to explain it to you. Find a tax lawyer. Find someone who can read the directions for the 1040.

If you don’t want to work overtime, don’t do it. But it is NOT COSTING YOU MONEY TO WORK OVERTIME!

To use round numbers for an example – if you make $10,000 and your tax bracket is %10 – you owe $1000 in taxes. If you make $11,000 and your tax bracket is now 20% – you DO NOT OWE $2200 IN TAXES. You owe $1200.

You get to that number by taking the first $10,000 at 10% AND THEN ONLY THE ADDITIONAL $1000 AT 20%. That is $1000+$200=$1200.

YOU STILL MADE $800 EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE IN THE NEXT BRACKET.

I have tried explaining this to my father at least 100 times. He still can’t comprehend it. Maybe someone reading this will finally understand.

Again, I repeat YOU DO NOT LOSE MONEY ON TAXES BY TAKING EXTRA INCOME!

AAARRRGGGGHHHGHHH!!!!!

• Brackets are gradual, aren’t they? One dollar more is 15% more no matter where you on on the list. Just check out the list of income v. tax rate.
            I think somebody gave you bum info on this, Slick. You should try to do the math yourself, don’t believe anybody else. I’ve been doing my own taxes for several years now, and though I don’t like it one bit, the system makes sense.

• Noel Inzerille says:

Unless the rules have changed drastically since last year, you would only pay the higher rate on every dollar ABOVE the change level. That is if 2500 is the cutoff and you make 2600, you only pay the higher rate on the 100 dollar difference, not from dollar 1.

• MrE says:

He’s only had two weeks to start digging through 30+ years of federal tax code bureaucracy, so I’m willing to cut him a little slack on those specifics for now.

But I definitely agree with you, MVW – I’ll feel most comfortable when the hard numbers are actually out there.

5. John Halsey says:

“It’s complicated”. Right Maria, that’s why we elected Trump and that’s why he nominated Mnuchin. The really complicated part is to try to get the feckless Congress to pry themselves loose from their sugar daddies and do what’s right for the Country.

6. NJF says:

I have such a girl crush on Maria. Lol

She always does a great interview bc she actually understands what she’s asking, and she allows her guest to answer. No interruptions, no “wait but I’m smarter than you,” and no spinning in an effort to get someone to trip up.

Love his answer on “entitlements,” SS & Medicare are not the same as welfare benefits.

• muffyroberts says:

When I first started watching CNBC in 2000, I thought Maria was hot looking and hot sounding. She was always my favorite. Happy she moved to FBN after the Obama President debacles started.

She was always a great debate moderator during the election process too.

• auscitizenmom says:

When Maria asks a question, she is actually expecting an answer, it is not a “gotcha” question. And, yes, she allows enough time for the speaker to finish what they are saying. I think she is really serious and probably one of the best. I have a lot of respect for her.

• 4bleu says:

yes. she’s calm and not distracting. A very nice and informative interview – compare to the Dr. Who? in the half a blue dress and what everyone was able to take away from that interview. Um… errr… EPA? Ahhh?
          This was great to be able to hear Mnuchin – getting to know each of these professionals who President Trump picked.

• xyzlatin says:

I look forward to seeing Maria Bartiromo interviews simply because she acts in a professional manner but is still an attractive woman. Good clear intelligent questions then waits for the person to speak. Yes and I agree with the comparison with the good Dr lady, someone who was so annoying with her cutsy mannerisms and girlish style and flutterish stammering. I kept thinking of “Gone With The Wind” novel about the ladies of that era.

• Plus Maria has a quiet, low, woman’s voice, not the little-girl warble so many women on TV have these days. I’m surprised Mr. M could keep his composure under that questioning, but she was so business-like maybe it wasn’t that difficult.

• dutzie60 says:

Maria is the ONLY interviewer I can watch that doesn’t make my hair catch on fire by spontaneous combustion. I agree she is a great interviewer.

• Albert Speer was still a nazi.

There are no “good germans” in the lapdog media.

• thesavvyinvester says:

” I think she is really serious and probably one of the best. I have a lot of respect for her.” Her Interview ( 1 hr long ) with Sarah Palin about energy independence about 2 weeks before McCain picked her for VP was a classic and made Sarah look sooo good, the Fake Media has (CNBC) has canned it, try to find it, unless by a miracle someone put it on YouTube. Maria noted after the interview when she asked her about being on the VP short list, she noted Sarah and her aid’s reactions and she knew she’d be the one. Maria’s gut instincts are amazing, and yes as someone who has interviewed folks for a different media, she does give them time to tell their story which makes her look like the Professional that she is.

• dutzie60 says:

NJF, I didn’t hear him say SS & Medicare are not the same as welfare benefits. He answered her question by saying they are not going to touch ‘those’ in this budget. Her question starts at 6:53.

• WSB says:

I thank Sundance for posting this, as I think Maria has the best morning and Sunday show of any of them. She is a smart cookie and it shows!

7. Fe says:

I grow more and more excited every time Sundance posts an article like this. And because you mention it, I too will frame the first dollar bill with Mnuchin’s name on it that I come across. Fun future project.

8. Paul Killinger says:

Remember how Donald used to tell us he knew Wall Street “killers” that could straigten out our trade deals who no one had ever heard of?

Well, this guy is one of them!

9. markstoval says:

Oh my goodness. As a follower of the Austrian School of Economics (think von Mises or Rothbard for example) I have rarely seen anyone who seemed to support laissez faire. This man seems like he at least knows that the more government intervenes in the economy, the more the regular man is hurt.

I think the radical libertarians of the right (Dr. Walter Block and Hans-Hermann Hoppe for example) will find encouraging messages in this interview. There is only so much we can get at one time from a government that has been economically interventionist for generations, and I think this team may be on the right path to get what we can. Laissez Faire built the industrial western world, and collectivist ideas have hurt civilization and the common man.

We libertarians may end up liking this guy! After all, everything is relative. We can not let the perfect be the enemy of the good. (did I quote that old saw right?)

• repsort says:

Mentioned the Trillions parked overseas that they want to lure back into play too. Liking what I’m hearing so far.

• WVPatriot says:

Our Constitutional framers were the first American School of free market economics. Our framers were exceptional men who brought a blinding light of hope to all mankind and that is still brightly shining. America is the only country that stands as a guardian of faith and liberty, and a dark ages of despair that will consume the earth. Not a world that I would want for my children or grandchildren.

10. Craig W. Gordon says:

Nice straight forward interview. Citizens keep more money in their pockets (less taxes). Regs get rolled back. Corporatations move back into US (with money and jobs). USA first. Rest of world you are on your own. No more wealth distribution.

11. bertdilbert says:

Well at least he mentioned getting consumer protection out of the Federal Reserve. How exactly do you represent the consumer independently verses a bank, when the bank is your shareholder?

12. trapper says:

Kelly, Mattis, T-Rex, Mnuchin, McMaster, Bannon. I find myself waking up every morning grinning.

13. Okeydoker says:

Not overly impressed, yet, with Kelly at DHS. Where are the employer raids, punishment for sanctuary cities, indictments for hiring illegals and obstructing immigration law?

• Fe says:

Patience please!

• toriangirl says:

You haven’t seen him all over the place? I have. He’s been overseeing the initial deportations, and has even been in the Mexican cartel tunnels. Also, he was in Guatemala delivering an atomic bomb of a message. The man is busy.

• BigMamaTEA says:

#BEST ELECTION EVER .
      Ha ! Sd, I said the same thing about Mnuchin signing currency!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Okay Okeydoker, Gen. Kelly has been sworn in for a month. He’s off to a good start.

Patience Okeydoker, as I told you on another thread regarding A.G. Sessions!

• missmarple2 says:

Punishment for sanctuary cities has to come either through DOJ (filing charges against officials) or through Congress (withholding funding). Kelly has nothing to do with it.

Again, indictments come through DOJ, not Homeland Security.

None of this is Kelly’s responsibility and employer raids may have happened and we don’t know about it. Also, Kelly has been in his position less than a month.

• SharonKinDC says:

Seems to me Kelly is going for the most important things first: tighten up the border inc, hiring more people for the job and getting rid of the ‘bad hombres’ via interior enforcement, inc hiring more people. None of the things you mentioned is as important, even ‘punishment for sanctuary’ cities b/c POTUS/Kelly are allowing cities a bit of time to do the right thing. It’s already starting to happen, with the new Sheriff in Phoenix rolling off his hardline position.

• R-C says:

The Trump Administration has been in place just over a month, and cabinet secretaries are being ‘slow-walked’ through the detestable McConnell Senate. And you think everything should be finished by now.

So, I’m going to say that I find your lack of patience annoying, and possibly the tell-tale signature of a ‘never Trumper’.

I stand with Trump.

• You must have missed that President Trumps cabinet is not even in place yet.
      John Kelley is doing a fine job so far he has given 2 press conferences detailing what is going on. President Trump admin has apprehended more human trafficking victims then the other 2 prior admins did their full terms.

• Shadrach says:

Probably coming after the infrastructure is in place. This government seems to be getting out of the OODA loop we’ve been in, which I love. It’s not reactionary (well it isn’t at the implementation level). It’s get your plans together, then act…..rather than the reverse, which is what we’ve seen for years.

But this thread isn’t about Kelly.

I liked Mnuchin’s interview. He owned it like a boss. And I liked that the interviewer let him answer the (expletive deleted) question!!!! Mnuchin acted like he could have gone into infentesimally greater detail on every single question asked. Competence!!!! Finally!!!!!

• mw says:

Concern troll. Do not feed.

• rashamon says:

He IS deporting and determining specs for wall according to the agents in my city and reports from the border. The round-ups may not make the news as the LSM doesn’t want the public to know how very many illegals with criminal records are ensconced in our country.

• cozette says:

Those are DOJ and IRS issues. Kelly has been on the job for a month. Deportations started immediately. He’s met with Central American leaders and started on the wall. Designs are due next month and you aren’t happy? Amazing.

14. wyntre says:

Maria is fantastic. One of the few women talking heads with brains and beauty.

Elizabeth MacDonald is also good as is Melissa Francis and Harris Faulkner.

15. Michelle says:

My goodness, a real interview where she asks questions that are relevant to the American people and give us information we need to know! She didn’t ask him what he thought about something someone told her they heard someone say to someone who then said something…

16. Garrison Hall says:

Although I missed this part of her program today, I caught the last half where she demolished this libtrad aparatchik who was trying to accuse Trump of racism because he wanted to deport illegal aliens. Her final point, for which he had no answer, was that by defending people who came here illegally, he was insulting all the legal immigrants who waited in line and achieved legal residency. Well said, Maria.

17. MrE says:

HO. LY. CRAP. A Treasury Secretary that actually answers questions?!?!?! Mnuchin gets an A in my book simply for that. He’ll get the + after Obozocare is scrapped and the tax plan is released.

• MrE says:

Also, Maria gets an A+ for how she conducted that interview. Fair, relevant, and intellectually honest. Don’t see that from many MSM journalists nowadays, outside of Tucker, Lou and maybe a couple others. Bravo, Maria 👏👏👏

18. ALEX says:

This is the only show I bother with if I have time…Maria has interviewed some excellent republicans since the inauguration and Rep. McCaul was good discussing the border,border patrol morale and even how part of the Rio Grande strategy can be dual use as levy control for floods…

She made a fool of the democrat and his immigrant garbage. My hope is FBN eventually gets some better commentators,as I refuse to watch Wallace or 90% of regular FOX in general…

This was an excellent interview and when I watched it this morning it was concise and you could see the plan…People knock the Goldman people,and well deserved many times, but some like Mnuchin just love business….

• harrietht3 says:

The interviewers whose expertise resides in their business acumen, Dobbs, Varney, Boling, and Bartiromo, are hands down the very best; they outclass all other interviewers by a wide margin.
      Dealing in facts and figures, they’d have a dead-end career if they behaved like petulant, impatient Divas, ala CWallace and BO’Reilly.

• Please add awesome Trish Regan to your list! I’ve been really impressed by her economics background, along with her looks, poise, and beautiful speaking voice. I’d noticed her voice and later learned she studied as an opera singer.

19. wheatietoo says:

I am sick of hearing…”But it could start a trade war!”

We’ve already been in a trade war.
    Where have these people been?

We’ve already *been* in a trade war…and we’ve been losing!

It’s time to start fighting back.

• Craig W. Gordon says:

True. We buy their (China) goods made with our resources shipped to them. China ships the goods made (with stolen our intellectual knowledge, zero regs and slave labor) and sells to them to us cheaper than our American manufacturing companies (because we have regs and no slave labor). We put no tariffs on China, but they put tariffs on us. Why?????

• Publius2016 says:

it’s the American Worker who is getting lost in the mix, how is responding to unfair taxes an attack on the “free market?” Why should the USA roll over and accept the status quo when our people are getting screwed? Bilateral Trade will reset the table so the USA gets some of the benefits like jobs, intellectual property protection, and most importantly, respect.

• repsort says:

exactly..
      “…But it could start a trade war!”

SO?!!!

• harrietht3 says:

Of course. That’s why MBartiromo asked the question: to give Mnuchin the opportunity to address those concerns that the uninformed, typical CNN-type viewer might have.
      Believe you me, she knows the landscape far better than many of us here. And she is definitely Trump-friendly!

20. MVW says:

So many super comments today. Thank you guys and gals.

21. M33 says:

I really hope they go ahead and abolish the penny.
    Such a scam.
    Costs 3 cents to manufacture 1 cent.
    Pure fraud and waste to keep it going and only benefits a special interest group.
    Think of the savings!!

22. JK says:

Trump’s not serious on the budget. The budget remains the same? He mentions health care costs but the next sentence no Medicare reform? This was on Trump’s platform for his republican candidacy but was not on transition web page and now Mnuchin reveals no changes?

23. A2 says:

I agree with the above opinions that it is refreshing to have a knowledgeable interviewer who asks open-ended questions. Well done.

Secretary Mnuchin answers were focused, laser-like and clear. We have a ‘safe pair of hands’ here.

It is remarkable how rational policy and actions to achieve those policies become when politics are left outside the door.

24. WhyNot132 says:

Sundance, I understand motivation and staff, but what is all the excitement about this interview? The guy basically said nothing. If Trump comes out with nothing during next year or two, it will not contradict a single word of this interview.

• BigMamaTEA says:

What is not to understand? Clear, honest questions (instead of gotcha questions) from Maria. Clear, concise answers (not political-speak answers) from a Mnunchin Treasury Secy. (Go look back at some past Treasury Secy’s early interviews. Talk about tap-dancing!)

We are going to put into place, tax rates, less regulations and get rid of regulations that are strangling the businesses who are still here, encourage businesses to bring back their cash from other countries and expand their businesses here (which means JOBS) and building and creating things in THIS country (which also creates jobs, and lets little companies grow into bigger companies, which also creates jobs)

Getting back to the America of 40 years ago, using REAL numbers. Most of Obie’s reported numbers are false.

25. toriangirl says:

This is neither here nor there, but Mnuchin has a wonderful Clark Kent look going on with those black framed glasses. And it turns out, there is a superman behind those glasses.

26. milktrader says:

This is a Goldman Sachs alumni that Bernie Sanders the Fraud is railing against. Who does he prefer runs Treasury? A Starbucks barista transvestite from Seattle? What a damn fool Sanders is, and I wish someone would call out this craven sell-out. He gets the benefits of exclusive club perks and pretends he is the common man. What an ass Bernie has become.

27. Oldschool says:

Hubby and I chuckled and shook our heads in disbelief yesterday. Took grandchildren to see the Batman Lego movie and while watching the credits roll, Mnuchin on the screen. To be living in these times with this President and the diverse, successful, unique team of winners he has assembled is still sinking in. Pinch me.

28. SamSteel says:

Baby steps Bob. One foot at a time, one in front of the other.

You have to demolish the existing structure down to the foundation before you can rebuild it to be better and stronger and longer lasting.

29. litlbit2 says:

Regardless of who it is from msm, they just can not stop using, the dnc soundbite, “entitlement”!
    Some day I am hopeful we get a person with a brain asking questions?
    Makeup, hairdo’s, fancy clothes?

• Shadrach says:

“Entitlements” matter. Social Security is considered an entitlement, and unless you feel like eating dog food in your waning years, you should care.

A June 2015 Government Accountability Office analysis found that that average Americans between the ages of 55 and 64 have accrued about $104,000 in retirement savings. Sound like a lot? Not when you realize that sum would translate into a $310 monthly payment if your money were invested in a lifetime annuity.

• BigMamaTEA says:

In fact, the word “entitlements” is accurate for Medicare and Social Security. We are entitled to those, as we have paid in, all of our working lives, on the promise of benefits when we retire.

Welfare, is the word that got mis-appropriated by the Demonrats. Welfare is a hand-out, which no one is entitled to get automatically. Welfare, is a generous safety-net, that was originally designed to be a hand-up, in times of trouble.

It’s actually unconstitutional too. As are SS and Medicare, but they were implemented so long ago, that people have paid so much into it, they want the promise fulfilled.

• That is just the simple dollar amount “contributed” to the “fund.”

Whereas, if that money had been allowed to go directly into private investment accounts that money would now be closer to a million dollars – or more. More informed Treepers can give us a more accurate number.

30. bulwarker says:

Since his nomination Ive noticed his name all over big Hollywood films as producer (Lego Batman was the last one I saw) – the guy has a nose for successful ventures and I find that refreshing.

31. Sanj says:

Sunday Morning Futures is the only Sunday talk show I watch because it actually discusses topics substantively especially related to business, jobs, finance and the economy. Having said that, Maria did absolutely pole f*** that idiot Congressman from Rhode Island this morning.

32. lbmomblog says:

OMG, some posters above just seem to be Debbie Downers. To have the ability to be patient is of value.

33. Steady Freddy comes to mind ☺️

34. 3x1 says:

I’d like to see Trump replace Sacagawea on the golden dollar in the distant future. Living peoples images are not permitted on Federal currency.

With the signature thing, Milo would have been an interesting choice for treasury secretary. Imagine the splodey heads if people all had Milo in their pocket. Would lefties burn cash in protest? (making our $ more valuable)

Put Snowden on the dime and kick FDR out. Assange on the $100K to bump Wilson. 😁😁😁😁😁

35. Sentient says:

I’d love to see Richard Cordray, head of the CFPB out of a job.

36. WeThePeople2016 says:

My husband and I watched this interview this morning. My husband was a bit leery of Mnuchin, but I told him I think he is one of the good ones. Well, after the interview, he said I liked what I heard. Enough said.

37. El_Flaco says:

Not impressed. He sounds like a typical Republican economist. Holtz-Eakin comes to mind.

38. 1959abcd says:

Mnchin should talk about FNMA. and FMCC…the two privates enterprises that had been under government control for 9 years already and the shareholder….being ripoff from the dividends for years ….totally unconstitutional and against the law….this month government took ten billion dollars like every quarter without paying the shareholders

39. thesavvyinvester says:

Did anyone catch his gem at the end of getting the CFPB out from under Treasury? This was discussed and I am sure may TR-er’s are aware it was under no regulatory authority and under no budget constraints under Treasury. It was a one off totally divorced from our founders intent, truly a rogue agency. Thank G-d this will not stand….

40. Contrarymary says:

Very intelligent man, but was very concerned in his hearings when I heard him say the irs was understaffed? I want that agency gone. To have a federal agency that is a bully and strikes fear into the people is not what our founders intended. It, also, has been used to intimidate and destroy the democrats enemies. Time to clean that house.

41. Ozzie says:

I hear over and over when referring to healthcare costs how they have gone up? Mine hasn’t, just my insurance has, and it’s huge holes leave me bare butt, pun intended, on coverage. So why do they keep saying ” health care” ? I used to think words like this didn’t matter but, I’ve learned there is a reason for each word they use.

42. Rick20033 says:

Sundance, I’d really like your take on this ZeroHedge article:

“Stockman: ‘After March 15 Everything Will Grind To A Halt'”