Saturday February 25th – Open Thread

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Saturday February 25th – Open Thread

1. nimrodman says:

Caturday !

2. Garrison Hall says:

Happy caterday, Treepers. The other night I was intent on making sense out of some new music and I happened to look down to find a tiny little furball nestled next to me. I was focused on the notes I didn’t notice that Tinkerbell had found a warm spot on the couch with me. Cats like music.

3. Gil says:

Happy caturday! How does ypur garden grow?

4. Gil says:

When surfing cth isnt an option…

5. Lucille says:

Frank Sinatra, Harry James Orchestra “All or Nothing at All”

Vid notes: “The grand daddy of all of Frank Sinatra’s hits, “All or Nothing at All” composed in 1939 by Arthur Altman, and Jack Lawrence, was recorded by Frank Sinatra, when he was the featured vocalist with the Harry James Orchestra, on August 31, 1939 in New York. When it was first released in June 1940 on the Columbia label, only 8,000 copies were sold. After Sinatra found fame with the Tommy Dorsey Band, the record was reissued in June 1943 on Columbia, reached #2 in the Billboard chart, and sold a million copies.”

6. Lucille says:

Kitty Plays Fetch

7. Timmy-the-Ute says:

I’ve made a huge mistake. Happy Caturday!

8. Dora says:

I don’t know who Mr. Drinker is, but he looks nice holding the cat.

Cecilia Beaux – Henry Sturgis Drinker (1898)

9. SF says:

Taken from Ace blog this past week

10. Dora says:

Our first President seems to have had God’s protection.

====

History shows George Washington was incredibly hard to kill

“I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation,” the National Archives quote George Washington in a letter to his brother following the French and Indian War.

11. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

12. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:”
    2 Timothy 4:7 (KJV)

13. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

14. ThingsWeTakeForGranted says:

Siamese Cat in Tree – Watercolor Fine Art
    Artist, Carol Ratafia

15. Dora says:

Great photos – especially when you move the slide back and forth.

=====

The Titanic in color: Incredible colorized images show the luxury and elegance aboard doomed liner

The RMS Titanic, which sank in 1912 on its maiden voyage, has been brought back to life in full-colour images
    Thomas Schmid, of 3D History, has allowed people to see the ship in a new light with his photo project
    The project has taken black and white images from the iconic ship and turned them into colourful photos
    The Titanic struck an iceberg on its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City and sank in April 1912

16. F.D.R. in Hell says:

That Wicca mumbo-jumbo didn’t work last night. 👿

17. LULU says:

Best bacon news of the day

Bacon prices are falling.

From Breaking 911:
    Wholesale prices for pork bellies, the cut used for making bacon, plunged 14 percent on Wednesday, the biggest slump since August. The drop sent wholesale pork down the most in more than three years. Costs are tumbling as demand is easing for bacon after soaring this winter, a counter-seasonal move.

Good news!!!!!

18. I am hopeful someone here who is more tech-savvy than I can tell me why I cannot play videos from Twitter. They will not play on my computer – I use Firefox, Windows 8. Thanks in advance.

19. G-d&Country says:

Hello fellow Treepers. It took me a while longer to get going with my coffee this morning 😉

Happy Caturday!

20. georgiafl says:

Orange kitties are evidently God’s gift of extreme cuteness to the earth.

21. JohnPaulJohnes says:

Food for thought.

22. toriangirl says:

My contribution to Caturday.
    Ms. Sweetie Pie

23. BigMamaTEA says:

For those who haven’t been watching CPAC this year, or don’t otherwise “know him”; let me introduce to you, my now-former Attorney General, our new EPA Director Scott Pruitt……

24. BigMamaTEA says:

Well, CPAC 2017 is over. But, just in case you’ve never seen/heard him, This is David Bossie, who runs the org. Citizen’s United, which fought against the Hilldabeast and the Clintons even before 2008, with their movie/documentary “Hillary the Movie” which, Hilldabeast challenged the release of. She challenged that release all the way up to the Supreme Court; which then became the ruling called “Citizens United.” David Bossie, is one of those who shies the spotlight; but has been a true leader/fighter behind the scenes. (approx 12 mins.)

25. BigMamaTEA says:

Here’s the last one I’ll post from CPAC 2017. This is Dr. Larry Arnn from Hillsdale College. Hillsdale takes NO Federal funding period. It is mandatory that all students who plan on graduating from Hillsdale, must have at least one semester on the Constitution.

26. BigMamaTEA says:

So, it looks like the war with the Swamp Media…..is ON.

“The New York Times is set to launch a television ad during the Academy Awards that seems to heavily target statements made by President Donald Trump.” http://www.mrctv.org/blog/ny-times-launch-ad-targeting-trump-oscars?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTm1KbE5qWmlZamd5TldWayIsInQiOiIyRW5

27. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen