Monday February 20th – Open Thread

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

204 Responses to Monday February 20th – Open Thread

1. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Make a note of this event. It may come back to haunt America. πŸ‘Ώ

2. Root says:

For US Brexit followers the legislation is being fast tracked. It is now in our House of Lords and will be debated until late tonight then again tomorrow. It can be seen live if anyone is interested.

3. boomerguy says:

Had to grind my teeth and chuckle at the same time. When I hopped on just now, the banner ad was a request for donations to Planned Parenthood.

That was the grind.

Then I thought about how useless that ad was here, and that PP just poured a little more of its money down the toilet.

That was the chuckle.

4. Sandra-VA says:

Heads up:

Just got a phone call (went to voicemail) stating that my Microsoft license has expired and to call some number…

*THIS IS A SCAM CALL.*

Microsoft will never make such a call.

If you respond and call the number, they want access to your computer remotely. STOP!!!! Repeat, this is a scam.

• Garrison Hall says:

I get those too. I started telling them that I don’t have a Windows computer, I have a Mac.
      They promptly hang up. These calls are, indeed, scams. They are dependent on the tiny percentage of naive and inexperienced users who will believe the scam.

• Sandra-VA says:

I used to get those calls all the time… I engaged in some very humorous convo before getting them to hang up. One day., I told “Dave from Microsoft” that he was speaking with the FBI and that the call was being traced…. never got another call from “Dave from Microsoft” πŸ˜€

• Kintbury says:

I had people calling me with the same garbage. When I told them I was not buying it, they threatened to crash my computer. I told them to give it their best shot. Also had fake IRS calls. Called the FBI who referred me to a treasury website. We had an elderly relative living with us at the time and I think they were hoping she would pick up the phone. I finally talked to my phone company who helped me set up screening. Oh my, what a difference. My calls have gone from 5 or 10 a week to none. My friends complain because of pass codes etc, but it has made my life a lot easier.

• Dixie says:

19 in one day here. I’ve learned to block the area code they come from and it has cut the calls to less than a couple a day. Now every time they call, I block each number individually. My phone will block 250 telephone numbers. And I also block calls which aren’t identified such as “private caller” and “out of area”. This has been going on for well over a year and they always hope my husband will answer as that is who they are after. Because I have unleased my inner rage on them, they hang up when I answer.

One other tactic I used was to blow a referee whistle into the speaker of the phone and hope they won’t be able to hear for a week.

• smiley says:

I always tell them to HOLD ON!! while I get the ” FBI Computer Fraud Dept”. and they hang right up, LOL.

• Sandra-VA says:

Yes, that is the other scam… “Dave, from Microsoft” with an Indian accent… this is a new scam of similar intent.

5. First President’s Day I have enjoyed on YEARS.

6. elize says:

Except that the swamp decided to take down Milo and try to bruise Trump, Bannon and BB. Even my old Christian mom likes Milo. Careful swamp dwellers we’ve read your plan-book.

7. Peter G. says:

John McCain, Annapolis Class of 1958, Ranking: 894 out of 899
    58 years later, still as dumb as a box of rocks.

8. platypus says:

Headline on Drudge – Milo getting booted from Breitbart?

It looks like people on our team are finally seeing some truths about “alternate” lifestyles that they have been pretending not to see.

9. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

10. Lucille says:

Presidential health….

Health Problems of U.S. Presidents

John F. Kennedy’s Addison’s disease was probably caused by rare autoimmune disease