Friday February 17th – Open Thread

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

210 Responses to Friday February 17th – Open Thread

1. Garrison Hall says:

2. Millwright says:

FWIW, have you ever considered the burden inflicted upon the public treasury by protestors ? Just had an insight tonite ! There’s an event planned for a few days’ hence somewhere in NJ at a “TownHall” type meeting of the NJGOP reps. I learned there is extensive “pre-event” security planning involving multiple levels of public services . All this costs money and manpower even before the event gets underway !

3. Lucille says:

Reality Check: A 2-Year-Old Was Shot in Chicago, and Not Because of ‘White Privilege’
    MRCTV

4. usnveteran says:

Is Genesis History? – New Movie
    Article by Dr. Jerry Newcombe
    ‘A fascinating new look at the biblical, historical, and scientific evidence for Creation and the Flood. Learn from more than a dozen scientists and scholars as they explore the world around us in light of Genesis.’ …

“Is Genesis History” – Movie Website:

5. Gil says:

Its been a very long rough week!

6. Rox says:

Happy Friday, Treepers!

7. usnveteran says:

February 16, 2017
    Black Lives Matter & African Supremacist Movement Are Being Used To Expand Islam Throughout The United States:

February 15, 2017
    Should Public School Teachers Participate In World Hijab Day?:

Tell Children The Truth:

February 2, 2017
    Ohio State University Features Black Communist (Angela Davis):
    ‘Speaking at the January 21 so-called Women’s March on Washington, communist Angela Davis declared, “The next 1,459 days of the Trump administration will be 1,459 days of resistance: resistance on the ground, resistance in the classrooms, resistance on the job, resistance in our art and music.” …

(Our media somehow overlooked the significance of Davis, a life-long unrepentant communist, as a speaker and co-chair of the event.)

Hence you are being told that obedience to Moscow was a way to get ahead in life and a positive contribution to humanity’s progress.

Davis was even an associate of Jim Jones, the religious cult leader and led his followers in a mass suicide and left his estate to the Communist Party. …

Since the demise of the old Soviet Union, Davis has been calling herself a “democratic-socialist” and trying to appear mainstream.” …’

September 10, 1977
    Statement Of Angela Davis To Jim Jones Over Radio Phone-Dispatch:

Angela Davis Receives Lenin Peace Prize – Published July 24, 2015:

8. nwtex says:

Ohhh! This goes with the above.

9. Dora says:

Sixtus Z. von Dzbanski (Poland, 1874- 1942) – After the Snow (1924)

10. citizen817 says:

• gettherejustassoon says:

On second thought, if she would embark on her own personal program to deal with it, obesity, that might be a motivator and inspiration to others.

• smiley says:

like this ?

every time I see that in a weight watchers ad saying it works cuz she doesn’t have to deny herself, I laugh.

• smiley says:

( don’t mean that image…that individual in the ads.)

• gettherejustassoon says:

Taking the lbs. of and keeping them off can be tough. The ones that get me barely weigh-in at around 100 lbs., eat like lumberjacks, and never gain an ounce.

• smiley says:

metabolism might have a lot to do with it, and many people who are prone to being over-weight just do not EXERCISE enough.

and I don’t mean weight-lifting in a gym type thing….just get outside and walk, if nothing else…for half an hour 2x a day…at the very least.

and : NO SUGAR.

• smiley says:

and walk fast…no loping…get the heart-beat going.

walking out to the car = nope…doesn’t count πŸ™‚

• amwick says:

First, I think age has a lot to do with this struggle… genetics,,, and habits… that being said, I recommend tennis…
                annnnnnnnnnd we have so much media that promotes stick figures,,, you know what I mean, the fashion industry that insist that people be pretty skinny to look good..As a culture, our idea of fashionable is probably not healthy. sighs

• gettherejustassoon says:

I’m a two-fisted drinker, so my hands and arms get plenty of exercise. I run from my chair to the refrig and back for my favorite libation, so the legs get a workout. Watching MSM sends me into hysterical laughter, giving my lungs one, too. And, for mental stimulation what could be better than CTH?

Good points about metabolism watching sugar intake, and walking, especially if one can do so at a brisk pace.

11. smiley says:

Early Spring

2010

o/c

Ivan Zolotuhin (b. 1962) ~ Russian ~ Impressionism

πŸ™‚

12. smiley says:

happy weekend to all…

🐱

13. Treeper family I had some serious soul searching about buying the brand new townhouse. The problem is with how much the mortgage payment was going to be, and whether I could even afford it while refinancing it, if something happens to my mom or even vice versa for my mom. So I started looking at single family homes and the cool thing is she and I can get a bigger place for $100,000 less.

When I saw that, I called my mom and asked her if she was adamant about getting a townhouse. She wasn’t, her only concern was about taking care of the yard. I told her that we could hire someone to do that for us. Plus let her know we could get an even bigger house for less than the cost of the new townhouse and she was onboard with the plan.

I then texted my realtor to let her know of the plan and she was cool with it and immediately switched my search criteria.

The really cute conversation was when the mortgage bankers that I decided to work with called me to discuss the loan arrangements for the townhouse loan and I explained the change. They were actually relieved. They were going to do the other loan, but were worried about it being too much for me to handle, so it was very sweet to hear the relief in their voices when I was going to look for a single family home for less money than the new townhouse.

So that’s where my new home plan is at this morning. Oh and don’t worry the houses I liked so far are really nice from what I’ve seen from the pictures.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Good luck! House hunting is part fun, part pain in the wazoo. I hope you find just the right place.

• angelwhiskers says:

Good for You, Both. Having a yard to do with what you want,gardening,flowers ect. is so much better for moral,health. Yard service can be as simple as finding a neighbor that need a few extra bucks. Pro.service is a dime a dozen. Best of Luck.

• amwick says:

Oh… I should have read down a bit.. I bought a cottage, with very little yard, and the HOA includes all the landscaping outside. Also, there is a community pool which is very nice, if you can go when it isn’t crowded..

• duchess01 says:

God knows what you need before you know you need it – His wisdom is beyond what we can imagine – Praise God! – God bless you for hearing His voice!

• eyetea2 says:

Always consider resale values too. Appreciation isn’t the only consideration but still a very important aspect of house hunting. You know the old saying; location location location.
      A neighborhood can either increase the value of your investment or ruin it.

Another thing is bigger isn’t always better. Ur um, when speaking of houses. A big house comes with big utilities and depending on the climate in your area, utilities can/will add a significant amount to the monthly cost.

There’s more to maintaining a yard than hiring some crew to mow it – every – week. There’s also the water bill which, where I come from, comes with an extra charge for sewage on top of every gallon used even if said gallon is used on the yard.

Then there’s upkeep of the exterior of the house which you must keep up with if you ever want to get a fair price when you sell.

A property like a Townhouse or Condo can be cost effective even though they may appear more expensive. It’s just that the expenses of homeownership are upfront and more visible for these types of properties. Oh and don’t forget homeowners insurance. That bill is usually included in the townhome’s association dues. Not so for a standalone house.

Good house hunting.

• I fully understand all these things. Since I already own a house. One thing people need to learn is you don’t have to water your lawn, last summer my lawn looked great with the watering God gave it, so watering is not a necessity. In fact I don’t ever recall my parents watering the lawn for our house we had in Ham Lake. Plus we didn’t do that much exterior maintenance on the actual house. It just depends on what type of house you buy and what type of exterior it has.

• auscitizenmom says:

I don’t know if you could find a place like my friend bought into, but just to let you know. Her HOA fees were pretty low. They covered the lawn work, repainting the house every 8 or 10 years, reroofing every 15 years, and other outside maintenance. I know that was a special deal, but you can sometimes find them. Have fun. I love house hunting. πŸ™‚

• usnveteran says:

karensundstrom ~
      Prayin’ for ya!
      (BTW, I hope that you are not dealing with CitiMortgage, aka SaudiMortgage. They have been sued several times over.)

• andi lee says:

Very happy to hear of your wonderfully blessed news, Ms. Karen. Very happy for you & your Mom! ❀

14. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day
    ✟
    β€œAll we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
    Isaiah 53:6 (KJV)

15. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

16. Dora says:

17. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

18. F.D.R. in Hell says:

19. F.D.R. in Hell says:

In case tomorrow never comes.

20. decisiontime16 says:

How to tell if your dog has been involved in a scandal.

21. BigMamaTEA says:

It is actually sounding like, oops, never-mind. Everything Jon Tester just said, is exactly what Scott Pruitt for EPA! Wow, what a dummy!

• BigMamaTEA says:

He’s whining about previous disasters in his state, and the fact that no one has ever held the culprits accountable. Duh. Scott Pruitt believes in Rule of Law, and the Constitution. The reason he’s sued the EPA so many times is because they have not done their legal jobs, within the CONFINES of their statutory authority, since the beginning of the EPA , which started under Nixon.

The Econuts are so captured by their “beliefs” that they can’t see past their own biases. Then they all just repeat what their fellow believers say. Hmm, sounds like the Swamp media.

The Senate is getting ready (pretty soon) to vote on Scott Pruitt for EPA Adm.

• litenmaus says:

Sen Jon Tester is an acolyte of Tom Steyer. Sen Steve Daines is huge Tom Donohue shill. Yesterday Jon Tester held a Facebook meeting with Montanans AND Steve Daines held a telephone conference with Montanans.

This is their routine when they start to put in place a Donohue or Steyer policy or bill. They double team Montanan’s and inform us how incredible their policies are, like giving State Land to the Feds, taking money for Wind power that only sucks money out of the Treasury, going around the vote of the people and enforcing medicare benefits that the State can’t afford, or selling us out for NAFTA and TPP.

Daines and Tester get together on a weekly basis to have coffee and discuss issues, and there is no difference between them except that one has a (D) after his name and one has an (R). Neither one of them has the good of Montanans as a priority.

22. BigMamaTEA says:

23. BigMamaTEA says:

Sebastion Gorka is a ROCKSTAR!

24. Ziiggii says:

Lots of interesting news “happenings” today…. but this one should make everyone a little gleeful:

State Dept. carries out layoffs under Rex Tillerson

While Rex Tillerson is on his first overseas trip as Secretary of State, his aides laid off staff at the State Department on Thursday.

Much of seventh-floor staff, who work for the Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources and the Counselor offices, were told today that their services were no longer needed.

Remember that 7th Floor State Dept group that bragged they were the “Shadow Gov’t”?
    Yeah that one!

The 7th floor just got canned!!!! But there were some officials who are at least trying hard to claim that most of these staffers were “policy experts”.

FTA:

These staffers in particular are often the conduit between the secretary’s office to the country bureaus, where the regional expertise is centered. Inside the State Department, some officials fear that this is a politically-minded purge that cuts out much-needed expertise from the policy-making, rather than simply reorganizing the bureaucracy.

25. BigMamaTEA says:

Roll call vote on Scott Pruitt.

26. BigMamaTEA says:

Okay, the motion to extend cloture debate – failed. And now I think Sen. Carper is going to have a stroke!

27. BigMamaTEA says:

NOW, the nomination vote

28. BigMamaTEA says:

Congrats to our new EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt! 52-46

29. BigMamaTEA says:

On to Willbur Ross – Commerce – VOTE

• BigMamaTEA says:

I guess I was mistaken, Wilbur Ross vote was for Cloture?! Vote Mon.2-27th 7pmEST
      And cloture vote on Ryan Zinke at that time. per John Cornyn.

30. andi lee says:

31. Ziiggii says:

OK – news/update for those in the know from /pol/:

backstory – so a few days ago some anon claiming to be a WH insider starts a thread warning about upcoming fake news, calling for /pol/ to push a hashtag #MediaLiesAgain and to look for the reports to surface today (Fri 2-17-17).

Sure enough the AP comes out with a report

Here’s the thing – nowhere in the cited memo does it even talk about 100k Nat’l Guardsmen. It does talk about the possibility of them being used at the State Governors discretion, but no numbers at all.

The AP later supplied the memo here

32. Ziiggii says:

other fun habbenings:

• Ziiggii says:

commented on at /r/The_Donald – FWIW:

This video . McCain gave up a bunch of classified Intel among other things to Russian teenagers pretending to be the Ukrainian PM.

So I called oversight, and they know me pretty well by now. I call almost every other day to feed them Intel. I’ve been on target so much and a lot of what I tell them ends up being officially investigated days or weeks after I call. So they basically trust me and know who I am when I call. That’s how I got them to take what I give them seriously – not trying to brag, just saying that’s why this is going so fast.

Anyway, I call them, they know it’s me, we get down to business. I tell them I have a bombshell video for them on McCain leaking state secrets and colluding with foreign governments without congressional or executive oversight. The woman (no doxx) asked me for a link, so I mailed it over to them. She opened it and watched it on the phone with me. She just kept saying “Oh my God” and “Wow”. She said it’s going straight up to Gowdy/Chaffetz and told me to sit tight while they investigate and that “you’ll know if we find anything”. Then she told me I was a “true patriot” and that she was very grateful that I had called. They were not aware of the tape before I sent it to them.

• Lucille says:

Is this for real? If so, McCain is a brain dead, pathetic, doddering fool.

“It is a fact that Vladimir Putin tried to affect the outcome of our election,” McCain states!!! What a tool of the Democrat/leftie meme.

Giving advice to a foreign power on how to influence the President! That has to be at least a censurable offense in the Senate.

If he’s such a good friend of the Prime Minister, why doesn’t he recognize that the voice is not the PM’s.

• Lucille says:

Russian hackers prank call to senator Lindsey Graham

What to say about these fools which hasn’t been said….

33. BigMamaTEA says:

Wilbur Ross Commerce Sec’y YES , 66-31

34. BigMamaTEA says:

There was some “daily business” and now the Senate has adjourned. (They are off next week)

35. andi lee says:

Look. Jack now censoring criticism on fake news tweets too.

36. gettherejustassoon says:

“Not every American understands the absolutely vital role that Germany and its honorable Chancellor, Chancellor Merkel, are playing in defense of the idea and the conscience of the West. But for all of us who do, let me say thank you. ~ U.S. Senator John McCain

Speaking at a Munich Security Conference, he made this statement. Once again, he has me wondering whether we just might have been better off with Obama.

• Lucille says:

“…we just might have been better off with Obama.” Six of one, half a dozen the other.

Senator McCain is mentally disturbed. To even think, let alone verbalize, that Merkel and/or Germany is anywhere near a “conscience” of anything is laughable, if not downright viper pit evil. Merkel is no more a “Westerner” than the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. She’s a dhimmi hater of the West and worked the majority of her life to bring about her communist utopia.

Isn’t there some way McCain can be forced to desist from making foreign policy pronouncements?

• gettherejustassoon says:

“Six of one, half a dozen the other.” Yes, you’re probably right. Merkel has allowed her country to over-run. Rapes, assaults, riots, murders, and the German-way of life threatened by what she allowed.

All things considered, McCain will be around for another five years after this one.

• auscitizenmom says:

” Once again, he has me wondering whether we just might have been better off with Obama.” I can’t imagine any situation where we would have been better off with Obama.

• gettherejustassoon says:

I give you that. McCain, at times, gives me the impression he would have been worse. Then again, Sarah Palin might have so occupied him with her agenda he would have had less time for devilment.

• andeclain says:

I read that as “its horrible Chancellor …” It was only when I saw it was from McCain that I did a retake. That probably says something about my state of mind. Merkel as “the conscience of the West”? God help us.

37. georgiafl says:

Europe now and in 1944 – click each photo to show each time period.

38. Ziiggii says:

Comey is meeting with the Gang of Eight – and it’s a surprise visit apparently

Oh and Schumer is there also!