February 17th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #29

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,776 Responses to February 17th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #29

1. John B says:

4D chess again by our beloved President. CNBC proved him wrong, it was not 20% of US uranium, it was about “20 percent of U.S. uranium production capacity”. Boy are they dumb. Politifact calls his claims “Mostly false” too. Winning never gets old

2. xyzlatin says:

Mexico City (AFP) – Ford is sticking with its plan to build two new factories in Mexico, despite an announcement last month that it had scrapped plans for a plant in the central state of San Luis Potosi.

The US carmaker said a planned factory in the central state of Guanajuato will build engines and transmissions, while another in the northern city of Chihuahua will make car parts for use by Ford factories in the United States, South America and Asia.

The two facilities will cost about $2.5 billion and employ some 3,800 people, said Gabriel Lopez, president and CEO of Ford Mexico.

Ford without warning last month canceled plans to build a $1.6 billion project in San Luis Potosi.

It is one of several American companies coming under pressure from US President Donald Trump, who has offered inducements to keep some US manufacturers in the United States, and threatened others with punishing tariffs if they go.

Ford, which has been operating in Mexico for about 90 years, currently employs around 9,000 workers in Mexico, according to Lopez.

3. NHVoter says:

4. tim glave says:

Jeb Bush’s grandfather Preston was the first treasurer of pp.

5. Dora says:

I love reading his morning tweets. Even though there are probably 50 million people reading them, it does seem as if each one of us is receiving a special message from the president. 🙂

6. fedback says:

Mattis to speak in Munich momentarily

• fedback says:

just press live link if you wish to watch

• KBR says:

Not liking the German woman’s speech. Did I hears her use the term “Trump terror?”

Also she says commitments under the NATO “are not negotiable” meaning IMO that even if they don’t pay fair share, we should still defend their butts.

(BTW: Anyone who doesn’t see the link, just click the little nearly invisible empty box on fedback’s first post above.)

• fedback says:

Mattis is speaking

• KBR says:

He brought it right back around, and pointed out that the burden of payment is important.
          He was quite the diplomat in doing so, though. Good work, Secretary!

• fedback says:

Yes, he did well. This conference is a viper’s nest. Another Davos
            They have a panel discussion later today with the title, ‘Nato, obsolete or very important’, so many small jabs at Trump.
            Tomorrow Merkel speaks followed by Pence

7. waltherppk says:

Fox News should get rid of its butt hurt histrionic pretty boy Wittle Sheppie just like it got rid of Murdoch’s little feminazi princess, chief Trump basher and PC peddling and Hillary ass kissing Megyn Kelly. Without the “alpha female” Megyn there to keep Fox’s favorite star mangina in line, there is now a power struggle in the Fox hierarchy for who will be the succeeding honcho Trump basher. As a consequence of the Trump basher “power vacuum” left by Megyn’s hasty retreat, now Shep’s ambitious butt hurt mangina hormones are raging as he becomes the mangina contender “alpha female” surrogate, and replacement for Murdoch’s defeated little feminazi princess, who is no longer in charge of rabid Trump bashing and other histrionic displays of “pervert outrage” about whatever fill in the blank fake news topic becomes subject matter of the day for Fox News.

Additionally, Fox should lose its interest in hard sell elder exploitation “hustle” advertising for ALL Big Pharma drugs and medical devices, with Marie Osmond’s delusional image diet products, and try to find better sponsors for anything worthwhile that doesn’t have ad content that would violate what used to be sensible and sane FCC standards. Fox should be cutting ad time back to half what it is now for absolute garbage advertising on which Fox relies that shouldn’t even be broadcast. Fox advertising stinks as bad or worse than the pervert outrage shtick of “wittle butt hurt Sheppie” who should be doing ads for butt hurt pain relief products and other snowflake remedies, instead of doing any news broadcasting at all.

• wyntre says:

• Wiggyky says:

Unfortunately, advertisements, no matter the type, are what pays the bills of a Network. Without them NO TV or radio station would be on the air.

• waltherppk says:

There used to be enforced standards for broadcast content in advertising as well as program content, and if those standards were breached then off air is EXACTLY what that station or network would be ……and should be. Sensible rules enforced through the FCC should stop ridiculous broadcasting absent any standards that has been insulting the intelligence of people for years with garbage content that is a cheap BS hustle.

• Perhaps that wouldn’t be as much of an issue without $10 million contracts to the anchors. Lots of fat to be cut there.

• Wiggyky says:

I agree, they are vastly overpaid. I did read sometime last year that Shep gets $10 million/year. It isn’t just the News Anchors, it also supports all the background people who actually gather the news. Then there is the TV crew, 2 or 3 Cameras, Floor Director, Audio Director, Technical Director, The Director, Lighting Director, Stage/Set Director and the Talent. They are all union so none of them can do another person’s job. I know, I used to work in Radio & TV.

• Mary kate conly says:

Hilarious Walter! But in defense of Marie O,I lost 32lbs between President Trump winning the PA primary 4/26 and becoming 45th POTUS on Nov 8. I used Nutrisystem exclusively in May &June and lost 15 lbs. I then replicated Nutrisystem’s portion sizes and fiber counts with my own fresh foods to lose another 17lbs. It’s a good short term solution to learn portion control and achieve a higher fiber intake. Nutrisystem customers typically praise the results but gripe about cost/flavor. Just my 2 cents. I do hate 99% of Fox’s programming and adverts.

• waltherppk says:

When I got cable is when it first became available, and there was absolutely zero advertising on all cable channels, no advertising whatever, which was one of the main reasons that people first became customers of cable. There was no such thing as advertising on cable….because it was not allowed and it did not exist. And the cable
        system worked just fine without any advertising, much better than what exists now.

• ginaswo says:

thats awesome marykate! 😊

• BakoCarl says:

Butthurt Cream

Butthurt Cream, a little dab’ll do ya,
      Butthurt Cream, you’ll feel so debonair,
      Butthurt Cream, little good it’ll do ya,
      With Trump in charge, you don’t have a prayer.

• faridrushdi says:

Sadly, not too many of us still around that remembers that jingle and Brylcreem, the hair goo they sing about.

I came of age in the early 1970’s, and always had that Robert Redford blown-in-the-wind hairstyle.

• Deb says:

Remember his Hurricaine Matthew “coverage?” Still hilarious.

• waltherppk says:

If you didn’t evacuate while you could and when you sensibly should, it is too late now….You are all going to die ? Yes I remember histrionic little sick puppy Sheppie had some little “issues” even before hurricane hysteria was added to the list of what makes up that wacky zoned out to an alternate reality nut job. Manginas should be prohibited from doing any “mansplaining” since they obviously aren’t qualified for the job.

8. Howie says:

If any of your leftist Trump hating friends are due a present be sure to get them something from Ivanka.

9. NHVoter says:

10. NHVoter says:

11. searkreb says:

Has anyone seen info that seventh floor state department employees let go by sec. tillerson? Read that on the donald_reddit. Can’t verify delete post if necessary

12. NHVoter says:

Fire them all.

13. NJF says:

❤️❤️ Ha he straight up tells them, you’re fake news!

14. Martin says:

15. Hollywood Bungalow says:

Interesting family discussion the other day. While my sister is a centrist and is not a Trump supporter, she agreed that Trump is not moving too fast with his agenda. She works in Corporate America so she gets it.

Trump is simply moving at the speed of the private sector. Some in the press and Congress still don’t get that.

• webgirlpdx says:

Bingo, Hollywood. The Swamp has no clue what its like to actually operate a business and keep things moving.

I’ll never forget that after a meeting with Obama that Steve Jobs commented how he knew nothing about business.

• SharonKinDC says:

I took a PT job while my child was in ES for a county agency. I have NEVER, ever seen ANYTHING move so freakin’ slow… The big game was sending emails to avoid responsibility for making decisions and implementing/executing the plan. Everyone wanted to cover their arse. It was disgusting. Needless to say, I went around them and got loads done…to the point of winning a National Assn of Counties award for the program I developed. Got it after 1 year of creating the program. The head & upper management of the dept were all nice people. Might make very good neighbors. However, they were largely mentally incapable of getting out of their PC groupthink.

16. SeekerOfTruth says:

Fox and Friends possible changes coming?

Politico: Fox News’ Nauert Eyed for State Spokeswoman Spot

Fox News anchor Heather Nauert is in talks to be a spokeswoman for the State Department, Politico reported Thursday night.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has yet to sign off on the appointment, the news outlet reported.

The “Fox & Friends” host has been at Fox News since 1998, except for a two-year stint at ABC. President Donald Trump gave a shout-out Thursday to the Fox morning show, calling it “the most honest” program in that time slot, Politico reported.

17. Howie says:

MSM credibility has finally reached…

18. Dora says:

Lock them all up!

===

CORSI “Look Who’s REALLY in Bed with Moscow”

NEW YORK – Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign manager, John Podesta, was on the executive board of a client of the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca, which is at the heart of the the Panama Papers investigation into massive global offshore money-laundering.

19. WSB says:

According to Politico, Trump’s new nominee for his Labor secretary, Alexander Acosta, was part of the plea bargaining package for Jeffrey Epstein. Not sure what to make of this. These newest pics are becoming more and more like swamp creatures:

Does anyone else have better info on this?

20. Interview with high level DHS on pizzagate. Also tells how now President Trump has power he needs to investigate CIA because of the long knives that got Flynn. I think Flynn was a trap.

• singingsoul says:

Mz Molly Anna “he needs to investigate CIA because of the long knives that got Flynn. I think Flynn was a trap.”

How did Pence fit in all of this getting Flynn fired..? I believe he hears some responsibility. There might have been miscommunication or Pence jumped the gun. I do not understand how that could not have been worked out. This is the second time Pence has been involved the first time getting Flynn’s son fired from the transition team and second Flynn as security adviser.
      Pence speaks much about he is a Christian but to me he does not show the Christian values that support it. What was Flynn supposed to confess when there was no law broken..? I do not understand this unless there is much more.
      Who else is Pence going to manipulate out of Trumps close circle..?

• Sparky5253 says:

Not sure about this site being a credible source.

21. Yesterday I kid you not my Lib coworker showed me pics on her phone of her new hobby – coloring books!

She says I’m in a bubble watching Fox news. Faux News. Really. Such Libs are behind the times on the state of conservative media. For that matter of any media, including their MSM. “Fast and Furious” drew a blank with her the other day. She couldn’t believe my description of it. “You must listen to some alt media, she said”.

A sanctimonious ostrich, she listens to NPR and CNN, clinging to the fantasy that they are real news, while they pump her up on mis-info and Trump-Hate. I enjoyed telling her about Trump’s approval hitting 55% and still climbing. Now polls don’t matter. LOL.

My colleague clings to coloring books and Trump-Hate and ignorance in her MSM bubble. There’s no piercing it. Only the popcorn 🍿.

PS I don’t share this site with Libs when they ask what news you do like. Don’t bring trolls to the treehouse.

• Oldschool says:

Aesop, everytime I hear stories about coloring books, safe spaces, pet therapy, I think of my beloved dad who at 20 years old was in the Pacific on an aircraft carrier, okinawa getting hit by kamikaze planes while my dear father in law spent 22 months as a POW in Germany. I am pretty sure coloring books were not available to them. Makes me ill.

• The best generation. We all owe them an enormous debt of gratititude for the safety and prosperity we enjoy and they fought and died for.

Working among these snowflakes and H1B1 pod people makes me ill. Thank God for fellow treepers like you.

• I think what makes me the most sick is these H1B1 types coming here buying fancy houses sending their kids to fancy schools and never appreciating or giving a damn about the soldiers that fought to give them those opportunities. It is so disgusting to listen to these people.

• webgirlpdx says:

I passed by a liberal, livin’ in the 60’s co-worker who had CNN up on her computer screen the other day. I said….”you still reading CNN?” then kept walking. I did hear a growl out of her….which is nothing new. She walks around growling everyday. Authentic Nasty woman.

• Notmeagain says:

For heaven’s sake. What is wrong with relaxing with coloring books? Is it worse than doodling on your desk? Is art something only naturally talented people are allowed to do and only as a job they are getting paid for? I like to color, when I have a moment which is rare. Personally I find it helps me to focus my thoughts (and I know at least one other Treeper who finds some creative fulfillment in color books). And I don’t need safe spaces. I’ve been in dangerous ones many times, often by choice. And I’m hardly a Trump hater, and I devour every bit of news and history. Let’s try to complain about faulty thinking if we must criticize people with a broad brush, and not look askance at personal habits–imo that’s the way the lefties think.Virtue signalling is just as bad a habit when the right is doing it.

• Deb says:

The adult coloring book far predates the election, but the fact that they were offering play dough and coloring books to help college kids “deal” with the election is where the mockery comes from.

• Oldschool says:

Exactly Deb. Not criticizing the activity, commentary is on inability to cope with everyday frustrations of life in an adult manner. When faced with loss, rejection or God forbid, a cancer diagnosis, as an adult, we need to develop adult coping mechanisms. Communication being one of them. If you saw your doctor running for a can of play doh before he performs surgery on you, you would be running for a grown up doctor.

• Where do I begin. There’s nothing wrong with coloring. I am illustrator and have colored two books. You may have missed the meme of millennial’s and their coloring books used as a means to escape their depression over the shattered bubble about the wonderful world of Hillary? My coworker is doing the same thing. Pumping herself full of hate and misery reading CNN and then turning to an innocent past time to cheer herself up. She is the creator of her own misery at this point. I hope you see the irony in that.

• webgirlpdx says:

Reading the CTH would blow their heads off.

• Melanie says:

It’s a rather, over the top, new trend. I got three for Christmas. I will bring them down to the Bahamas for my favorite Out Island school. I personally “Don’t Get It”.

• frogstamper says:

I hated to color when I was a child. As an old woman, I still hate to color.

22. Martin says:

Huh?

• Eric says:

He is still in a fantasy land….I am convinced they will NEVER get it. America doesn’t believe anything they say.

• jackmcg says:

The constant theme from the press is trying to infantalize, diminish Trump.

It doesn’t work… It is obvious to everyone Trump is the top dog alpha male.

• singingsoul says:

The Russian angle is disputed and now hey have to move to diminish his presidency
      By the way being an apprentice is not bad because a good leader will always be open to learn from more experienced people.

• webgirlpdx says:

All these ‘journalists’ slamming a successful billionaire. Memo to Pelley: President Trump has more talent, drive, success and stamina in his little finger than you’ll have in your entire lifetime.

• EWSoCal says:

If any part of President Donald Trump is the least bit ‘apprentice’ right now I can only imagine the day he regains his boss mojo. What will we see then? FIVE hour press meetings? Rallies on each coast, a round table, three head-of-stat-meetings, and a round of golf per day? Left wing media better pray THIS is the boss stage.

• Steven says:

If being in the top position of the most powerful entity in the world makes you an apprentice, then what does it make these “journalists”?

23. Martin says:

24. webgirlpdx says:

My observations for the Ungrateful Slacker Day yesterday, in my little world.

Dropped off at our local dry cleaners — darling Koren couple we’ve patronized for years. Working.Check.

At work, our building maintenance manager, Ukrainian immigrant who’s been here for over 20 years. I am close enough to this delightful man that I actually asked him about the ‘boycott’ of Immigrants yesterday. He chuckled and then with a wink said “I’m American* Working., Check. Priceless.

Sweet, young, hard working administrative assistant also from Ukraine. Working. Check.

40ish, Sales guy, Muslim from Indonesia. Working. Check.

Subcontractors, working on some remodeling/site improvements we’ve having done. Three Hispanic guys. Working. Check.

So sorry if those DC entrenched and bureaucrats in DC didn’t get their Lattes, or lunches. Out here in the real world, everyone else carried on with our lives without interruption.

Besides, my great grandparents, Immigrants from Germany and Holland would have kicked my ass if I’d pulled a stupid, ungrateful stunt as all of that.

25. Dora says:

It’s true.

===

Black Trump Supporter Blasts Sanctuary Cities: “All the Jobs Are Going to Illegals!”

“When my people do a crime, they get three strikes, your people do a crime, they get amnesty”

26. SomebodyNobody says:

My family’s history with this country goes back before it was even the USA. I have direct ancestors who actively participated in the American Revolution. This was unusual b/c of the community from which they came, a very pacifist community within PA. Yet they fought. So it pains me to say this…. it might be time to open the floodgates to the USA from South America, thin out the herd in SA and Africa and start colonizing. Start fresh. If those people don’t want to work the land to provide for their families, ours will. They want to live off our milk and honey, our sweat and blood, yet don’t want to call us brothers and sisters.

Just a little morning rant about how I am feeling about the US right now. Yesterday was a lot of fun, but it didn’t accomplish a darn thing. Trump is still in his horrible position of having an incomplete admin, filled with snakes and alligators, while leaving all us frogs sidelined. Where are our people to step up and help Trump. Too busy exploiting the stock market and sticking to their TV/Internet routines.

27. Rebel Mope says:

I’m invoking the 48 hour rule on this. It sounds too good to be true.

28. Liked by 2 people

29. TJ says:

Glad President Trump dodged the Harward bullet. I believe it was an answer to the many prayers of protection for our President. The GOPe is constantly working to infiltrate the West Wing it appears. Remember Abrahms. Glad he was rejected too. Now we have reports of this Karl Rove never Trumper, “friend of Spicer”, possibly coming in as communications director over the objections of loyalists. We have to keep praying. I have noticed that former Sessions COS, Rick Dearborn, is the deputy COS in the White House. He was seated with the inner circle at the presser yesterday. Maybe he needs a promotion soon! Anyway, here is more info about Rove associate, Dubke. I am sure Presudent Trump is steps ahead on this situation. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/reports-mike-dubke-to-be-named-white-house-communications-director/article/2615125?custom_click=rss

30. andi lee says:

THIS! Is too funny! 😂😂😂

31. Martin says:

32. Eric Kennedy says:

33. Pam says:

34. Pam says:

35. Pam says:

36. Pam says:

37. Pam says:

• Here’s what happens

1) Pres Trump asks civil servants for practical ideas to solve a problem

2) Obama-bot civil servant writes ridiculous Nazi-style proposals

3) Same Obama-bot e-mails the ridiculous Nazi-style proposals to his superior, then leaks it to the press

4) Press screams and hollers “Trump considering Nazi-style proposals!”

5) Trump denies

6) Mud sticks.

• The Defiant One says:

Except… it’s not sticking.

Right now not a single Cabinet member that has gone to the Senate has been defeated.

The Democrat’s only victory was Gen. Flynn and that was more the work of the Deep State panicking and revealing itself, something unimaginable until recently!

And even after everything that has happened with the the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal and Gen. Flynn, Pres. Trump is still following the path he wants.

So don’t worry! We have the right man at the right place at the right time!

• rich33y says:

Or
        1) POTUS creates a plan that would drive left crazy, but never intends to implement.

2) Selectively share plan with key personnel

3) Leak found

• KBR says:

your step 4) has been done repeatedly without any of the previous steps.

Calling Trump Nazi has been going on since before the election.

38. Pam says:

39. Pam says:

40. Pam says:

41. Pam says:

42. Oldschool says:

11:00 a.m. prayer

43. Pam says:

44. Pam says:

45. Pam says:

46. filia.aurea says:

@AP planted fake stories on behalf of State Department to deceive Congress during Benghazi investigation. (15 missing emails) They’re all still playing the Clinton/O’B game. All fake