President-elect Donald Trump Union Station Dinner – 9:00pm Live Stream…

A pre-inauguration candlelight dinner is being held at Union Station’s main hall tonight night.  Attendees include the top echelon of those who have supported the Trump-Pence campaign and transition.  (Live Stream Here and embed below)

Kellyanne Conway stops to talk to reporters on her way into the event:

Making Fur Coats Great Again.

trump-inaug-a-1trump-inaug-a-2

trump-inaug-a-5trump-inaug-a-3trump-inaug-a-4

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, Election 2017, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

296 Responses to President-elect Donald Trump Union Station Dinner – 9:00pm Live Stream…

1. So gorgeous! Melania looks so elegant!

2. Yankee Lawyer says:

Melania would be hot in a rain poncho off the rack from Cabela’s.

3. NHVoter says:

4. psadie says:

The fashion industry has been on life support for many years and now with Melania they will get a “much needed” shot in the arm…they should thank her! I read that Ralph Lauren and Karl Lagerfeld were designing inaugural gowns for her. Fantastic I envy her figure!

5. Pam says:

6. The night Trump won the election, Melania walked out in a draped white outfit that put me in mind of the Statue of Liberty, and I wondered if it was intentional. Tonight, the dress she is wearing is reminiscent of the dress Marilyn Monroe wore to sing “Happy Birthday Mr. President!” Makes me wonder more! She is so beautiful and classy, I’m so glad she’s our First Lady.

7. feralcatsblog says:

When the Pope concluded his dream, the author to whom he related it did not make any comment on what had been said. But he did write that “I had never seen such a sad expression on the face of this man.” Considering that this was the same man who had related the horrors of his young manhood under Nazi occupation, the author’s remark shows the deep impact this dream had on the Pope.

If the Pontiff offered a commentary on his dream, Anton Gronowicz does not share it with the reader. But we are told that John Paul began to recite the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi. “Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love …, where there is darkness, light, and where there is sadness, joy.”

Many years after Cardinal Wojtyla had his dream and had become Pope John Paul II, he made a pilgrimage to Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis. In the Message of Reconciliation he delivered there, the Pontiff spoke of the Saint’s love for animal, as well as human, beings. And he likened that inclusive love to an anticipation of the Peaceable Kingdom, envisioned by the Prophet Isaiah, a world in which all God’s creatures will live in peace with each other.

The Pope also said that the “solicitous care, not only toward [people] but also toward animals and nature in general,” that St. Francis demonstrated is “a faithful echo of the love with which God in the beginning pronounced his ‘fiat,’ which brought them into existence.” And, the Pope added, “We, too, are called to a similar attitude.”

Some who read these remarks are surprised to find in them such strong support of God’s other creatures. They are surprised to hear the Pope refer to the lives of animals as a manifestation of God’s love: lives that deserve our “solicitous care.” But I was not surprised. By the time I came across a copy of the message he gave at Assisi, I had read God’s Broker and the lengthy account of the Pope’s dream. And I knew that if John Paul II had not wanted this very revealing dream to be published, it would never have appeared in print.

So in spite of the policies and pronouncements of [religious people] of the same or other persuasions, who try to denigrate the value and the importance of the lives of God’s other creatures, we know that John Paul II had a dream. And although [people] of lesser vision and lesser spiritual development have closed their hearts and their minds to the needs of other creatures, John Paul has given witness to a need for the “solicitous care, not only of [people], but of animals.”

In this witness, the Pope is being true to the Gospel message in which Jesus also gave witness to the need for the solicitous care of all beings: “I tell you, whenever you refused to help one of these least important ones, you refused to help me.” (Matthew 25:45 TEV)

• Indimex says:

Context?

• feralcatsblog says:

Father Mike Bergero: “The night before my departure from Canada to New York, which I had never seen, I had a strange dream. It was a terribly severe winter in New York; the city was completely covered with snow. Inhabitants were well off and warmly dressed and walking slowly along roads because cars, due to mountains of snow, could not be operated. I was happy that I could walk on top of the snow on avenues of white.

All my physical effort was spent on walking. To this day, pictures of huge apartment houses on both sides of the avenue are instilled in my mind and the doormen quickly closing and opening entrance doors as though trying to prevent humanity and warmth from escaping.

On top of the snow, I noticed a brown cat emerge from a side street and walk on the snow. I looked closer and, to my surprise, saw that this big cat was being followed by six small brown-and-white kittens, all of them following the big brown cat in a perfect line. The mother cat looked back from time to time to see if her babies were there, but her main concern was to reach the entrance door. I presumed she was trying to find warmth for herself and her children, but as soon as she reached the door, a man in a well-pressed uniform jumped at her with a broom and chased them away. I followed this procession and prepared to deliver a speech to the doorman. I opened my mouth and tried to complain, ‘Where is your proverbial American generosity? Where is your American good heart and fair play? Let them in. Let them in!!’

I tried to speak, but the words would not come out. Maybe I was afraid of the doorman with the broom. I started searching my cassock pockets for a piece of bread, found some crumbs, and put them on my palms, calling, ‘Kitty, kitty, kitty.’ But the words would not come from my supposedly intelligent mouth. Instead, the wind blew the crumbs from my palm, and I said, ‘What can I do? I can’t speak to the cats. I can’t speak to the doorman. But there are many hungry birds. They might pick up the crumbs.’

Again, I walked after the cats, now with a pain in my chest, feeling tremendous cold. On the left, I saw a church building and thought, ‘There we will find help.’ I heard singing, and again, the idea occurred to me that it must be a Catholic church. The music grew louder, as though trying to convince God that they were praying to Him.

The mother cat jumped in front of me and climbed the stairs, followed by her kittens. I raised my head and saw a tall Jesuit priest chasing the cats off the steps. But as I was about to shout at the Jesuit, ‘I am a cardinal!’ and give an order to accept the cats, the mother cat and her offspring ran behind the church because from there came the appetizing aroma of food. Probably there was a kitchen there. But a second Jesuit appeared at the kitchen door and scared the cats away. They returned to the avenue and started walking north.

They walked on the same side of the avenue as the Jesuit church and I followed. Then they reached an imposing red brick church. An Anglican bishop appeared and said to the cats, ‘My dear animal children, please go immediately to the animal shelter. There is food for you there. We Anglican clergy donate lots of money to the animal shelter every year at Christmastime.’

The mother cat and her kittens didn’t even meow. They knew the authoritative voice of the Anglican bishop. They walked uptown and gradually the luxurious buildings disappeared, together with the doormen, and we saw drab dilapidated apartments.

As they walked and the buildings grew shabbier and dirty, a door was opened, not by a doorman but by an old wrinkled woman in a cotton dress. [She saw the cats] and shouted, ‘Oh, little mother,’ and when she opened her mouth, I saw she had few teeth. She gently ushered the mother cat and kittens inside, who jumped happily about because the warmth of the house embraced them.”

The narrative ended as the cats found a safe haven with the woman who had little enough, herself.

8. NoeliCannoli says:

Preview of Jackie Evancho singing the Star Spangled Banner a capella at an NFL game 2 years ago. The way it SHOULD be sung.

9. Pam says:

10. NHVoter says:

11. Jhm says:

Somewhere in there with those fur coats, glamorous gowns, and no more MOOCHelle is Joan Rivers’ spirit having a cocktail and telling jokes.

12. World leaders are probably thinking how did we have it so good with those fools Obama & Biden and now we have two men we must respect & fear.

13. Rudy Bowen says:

Melania and Donald….the Lady and the Lion.

14. DebbieUK says:

Class is back in fashion.

No more foul mouthed rappers and hate preachers adorning the White House .

15. SteveInCO says:

00 DAYS – 12 HOURS – 00 MINUTES

TWELVE HOURS

Oligula’s last half-day in office

It is now Friday, January 20, 2017–Inauguration Day–in the Eastern Time Zone.

This is the date every American has been looking forward to! The day when a real American moves into the White House.*

Not that I’m counting, mind you.

Please note: Reports that I am, in fact, counting should be regarded as Fake News. My attorneys will be in touch with the Klinton News Network.

16. Laura Wesselmann says:

Classy.

17. duchess01 says:

‘TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE INAUGURATION…The Best Poem Of 2017!
    By 100% FED Up – Jan 16, 2017

18. Jim says:

So, I am watching the same event on TV, and K. Conway’s dress is draped over her LEFT shoulder. The above video shows it over her right. Which is correct?

19. F D says:

I love the look on President Elect Trump’s face.

20. Sandy says:

Melania looks beautiful just as I knew she would. Mrs.Pence looked pretty too and she is a nice lady.

21. LULU says:

Melania Trump’s gown was by Reem Acra, who designs evening wear and bridal gowns.

Acra, a native of Beirut who has also lived in Paris and Hong Kong, is known for her refined, often intricately crafted eveningwear that draws from a diverse range of influences. Trump chose a gown with a high glam factor: a form-fitting silhouette with high neck and long sleeves in glistening allover pale gold embroidery.

22. MIKE says:

All of the women at the ball are stunningly beautiful, exuding class. From Mrs. Pence to the entire Trump family, they have just restored the visage of leadership that has degraded to undesirable levels in the previous administration. No more nouveau faux fashion, this is the real deal. Even my eyes are WINNING. Mrs. Conway in that gown/dress, just wow.

23. wondering999 says:

I hope Kellyanne Conway has a wonderful birthday. She really has a very convincing, reassuring and clear way of speaking. Grateful for what she does and hopeful that I’ll get to listen to her often

24. 3x1 says:

Class is back in style ☺