President and First Lady HW Bush Both Admitted to The Hospital…

According to an updated statement from the 41st president’s office that spokesman Jim McGrath posted on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon, Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit at the hospital “to address an acute respiratory problem stemming from pneumonia.”

george-hw-bush-statementThe statement also said that Barbara Bush, 91, was admitted to the same hospital Wednesday morning “as a precaution after experiencing fatigue and coughing.”

george-and-barbara-bushBush is the oldest living former U.S. president. In 2015, he spent a week in a Maine hospital after falling and breaking a bone in his neck. He suffers from a form of Parkinson’s disease and uses a wheelchair to get around.

Despite the loss of mobility, Bush celebrated his 90th birthday by making a tandem parachute jump in Kennebunkport, Maine. Last summer, Bush led a group of 40 wounded warriors on a fishing trip at the helm of his speedboat, three days after his 92nd birthday celebration.

It had been previously announced that Bush and his wife were not expected attend the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president because of health reasons.  (media link)

This entry was posted in History, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

139 Responses to President and First Lady HW Bush Both Admitted to The Hospital…

1. daughnworks247 says:

I love the letter from Bush, Sr. Hope all is well with him and Barb.

• TimeIsNow says:

eah, the great fella that gave the throat slitting signal to PE Trump during debates, and leads the #NewvewrTrumpers.

• Don’t trust the Bush Crime Family even if they look dead. With transplants and baby blood they can extend their evil for years.

• bolshevict says:

I believe them when they say they’re sick.
          Ole Scratch isn’t happy with their failure to kneecap the only non-Globalist in the entire field of candidates.
          They may have to sacrifice a grandchild to get back in his good graces.

• mrsblar says:

bolsh, you may be right. We’ll have to watch the news and see. My first thought upon reading the headline here? Leave it to the devil to help GHW die on inauguration day and take all the glory out of what little positive coverage the media may give the POTUS over the coming few days. It would also keep the worlds attention focused on the whole funeral business and off of the new admin’s arrival. Just a thought. I can’t read the mind of the evil one (and don’t want to) but it would be a typical move for him/it.

• mopar2016 says:

Yeah lets not forget who left NAFTA on the desk for Bill Clinton to pursue.

• bolshevict says:

The history re-writers @ MSNBC last night were running clips of Trump talking about trade and jobs along with video of Bill Clinton on his 1st Prez campaign, wailing about corporations sending jobs out of the country….Suggesting that Trump “stole” the idea from Bill Clinton…..
            Good reminder for all of us to keep the facts fresh in our minds—“Bill Clinton? Who pushed NAFTA through?” “Bill Clinton? Who ended the Glass-Steagall Act in 1999 (probably for a lot of money) that allowed Wall Street banks and brokerage houses to merge?” (concentrating financial power and once again incenting banks to take on too much risk)
            [PS–Did anybody else notice that it only took Wall Street 9 years to generate another crash after Glass-Steagall was repealed?]

• MrE says:

Yeah, never trust ’em, EVER. But the letter, for what it’s worth, was very gracious; no harm in accepting it graciously in return.

• farmhand1927 says:

No question, the Trump’s accepted the letter with graciousness. We should follow their lead. Also beyond question is Donald Trump’s caring and compassion for people. The fact that both the Bush’s are requiring hospitalization is certainly of great concern to PEPOTUS and Mrs. Trump.

• Exactly, they did much damage though now they send a gracious letter I am not forgetting their behavior, wish them a speedy recovery but I don’t forget what a horrible President H.W. was.

• Gail says:

Exactly! My first thought. So inauthentic.

• Kay says:

I was appalled that they brought Bush Sr. to the debate to do that! It was so offensive and I have really disliked the whole family since.

• BT in SC says:

Exactly, TIN. Had this happened a few years ago, I would have muttered to myself, “Oh my goodness. That’s to bad. Hope they’ll be alright…” Then, I was enlightened and I woke up. Now? “Hmmph. Whatever.” My “give a damn” is broken, and the switch is stuck on off!!!

• MVW says:

Bush Sr. has all the markers of self funding black hat CIA. Council on Foreign Affairs seems to be their shriveled soul puppet master. It is time to destroy it , burn it and scatter the ashes. My only worry then is encapsulated in horror movie references such as ‘Return of Chuckie’ or ‘Halloween’ series, where it does not stay gone.

The compass was lost when Globalism was embraced. Then the soul was lost. Then evil took over, and now evil is all that is left.

Bush won’t go because it puts a mirror in front of him as to what he lost a long time ago and can’t get back. But I think he is stuck in denial that Globalism is an evil failed experiment with untold human cost.

• Robie Catt says:

Hopefully, Bush Sr. has enough time to come clean about his part in the Kennedy assasination in Dallas 1963, as well as any participation in the conspiracy to kill Reagan two months after he took office.

Bush Sr, Old Skull & Bones…..

2. NJF says:

Both of them. Yikes.

• TheOldBear says:

Funny, Trump is just two days away from being able to see the files and secrets of the past with regards to our government and its former political hacks that have defrauded and perpetrate evil on its citizens. Funny how these two need a sick day at this time… Coincidence or devine retribution. You be the judge !

• wondering999 says:

I’d think they were faking — and they might be — except I know a number of people including a favorite school bus driver who recently went to the ER for a vicious pneumonia and lung/sinus crud.

The letter is fine. My only wish is for my new POTUS to have a great and happy inauguration and that any incipient violence will be swiftly tamped down with no casualties on either side. Please Lord please, angels please watch over the inauguration and bring it through peacefully

3. Pam says:

Bush Sr has been admitted to the hospital several times over the last few years and I suppose it was a little over a year ago when she was admitted for I believe it was some sort of respiratory issue. I agree that it would have been very risky for 41 to have made the trip at his age and the same for her as well. It’s of course not unusual at any age for someone to come down with a cold and the other to catch it, but at their age, it can be life threatening.

• farmhand1927 says:

I have Parkinson’s and have difficulty swallowing and also came down with bronchial pneumonia, so the last 3 weeks I’ve experienced pretty much what news reports are saying abt the Bushes. It is a serious ailment, life threatening. Respiratory ailments are rampant this winter and a few cases of TB are being discovered as people present with similar symptoms. Word to the wise, no matter your age, if you notice shortness of breath, have tightness in your chest or congestion, get treatment before it gets a hold on you. Recovery is slow, tiring frustrating.

4. aprilyn43 says:

Sorry to hear they are ill, but they really won’t be missed.
    Two days till “Hope & real Change” commence!

THANK GOD .. THANK GOD !!

5. booger71 says:

My dad who is 97 lives in assisted living. The facility was under quarantine for 3 days after 10 residents came down with pneumonia brought on from the flu.

6. AghastInFL says:

Although IMO George H.W. treated candidate Trump poorly, I do wish both George and Barbara a speedy recovery. Life is bigger then merely the politics of the day and his service to this Country is duly noted.

7. psadie says:

“Mr. NWO” himself will NOT BE MISSED!

8. barton2016 says:

Not a good week for the Bushes lol

9. Deb says:

I hope they both get well soon. I hate their politics, but I try hard not to hate the person.

10. benzy says:

Whatever we may think of the Bush family as polticians, I hope we can all find it in our hearts to pray for their well being and recovery. They have people who love them and care about them and my prayers go out to the Bushes and their family.

11. carnan43 says:

Full disclosure: I voted for the Bushies as usual choices were zero to none. I also know at this point the outcomes would have been pretty much the same. The Bushies and the Clintons share a love affair. One World ruled by the rich elitists. If, anyone is interested in a long read, get a copy of Family Secrets by Russ Baker. For me it doesn’t matter what side of the aisle Mr. Baker sits on, what matters is having information that has been hidden or undisclosed. As readers, we can better determine the value of the information.

• moonsbreath says:

Yeah, Bush’s “One World Order” comment was a wake-up moment for me. Unfortunately, I too voted for him and junior.

• MVW says:

The curtain has been pulled back by the little internet dog, Totto, to reveal the soulless NWO for what it is, evil cloaked in the skin of ‘Utopia’. I fell for it, I also thought the CIA was our guardians at the gates of evil, and that Bushes were ‘White Hats’.

Thanks Totto, the Utopia was a sham. Bushes were early supporters of Adolf. The CIA lost its moral compass, its soul, and self funded its way with pure evil.

Bush Sr, did not figure out his path led him to evil and our country to the brink. Let him live out his day in the shadows away from the sunlight. Sad man. Crooked family.

12. Well, according to his note, may the hospital sit him outside in January.

Good riddance.

#WAR on evil globalists.

13. petszmom says:

i don’t claim to be perfect and sometimes i can be downright mean in my words but it’s always to someone that deserves it…like people that actively worked to destroy our man, trump. knowing full well, these are ELDERLY people and we are all going to die it will be such a difficult thing if they die (or one of them dies) during trump’s big moment. i sure hope they recover, do better, or hang on till next week. again, forgive me but it is MY opinion.

• coldsnap says:

I’m with you, petsz. My first thought was – NOT nice. Of course, it’s out of our hands, but makes ya wonder how far will they go to bury the dirty past and attempt to spoil the bright future by raining on the parade? Maybe I should take off the tinfoil hat. ; ) FYI, I’m praying they make til next week, too.

Side note: Remember Obama’s gma dying right before the election?

• tuskyou says:

If they die fine. We all die. If they recover fine. As long as they don’t infringe on Trump’s inauguration. Being totally selfish here–I don’t want anything else happening on Friday except Trump. Trump Friday all day. Coworkers are busting my chops about Friday being my “high Holy day.” I don’t care what they call it. All I know is this is a dream come true and I don’t want my dream interrupted! Period.

• petszmom says:

good for you…stand your ground as a proud american. this is a year and a half in the making and i want him to enjoy all that beautiful glory…it will also be OUR day! this is actually how we joke around at our gym, but then again i live in a very RED county, even so not big fans of the bushes.

• Haha. I’m right there with you. I’m the only guy on the Trump Train in a team of 12 or so folks. I even had one of my regular customers ask me today, “where’s the party Friday Night?”. Caught me off guard for a couple of seconds, and then I knew he was goofing on me. He always refers to President Trump as “your President”.
        “I will be celebrating all day Friday, my friend.”
        He laughed! For an old VT liberal, he’s pretty cool!

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

I know the feeling. For once in my life I’m going to drink champagne at high noon!!! We are not going to let any of them steal our joy. Let them be miserable. I’m going to walk around head held high, joy in my heart, praise to God on my lips and a big smile on my face!!!!

• Guest says:

It’s party time. I’ll be playing this video off and on now through Monday.

This is also a good one in remembrance of Obama’s “final” speech:

14. fuzzi says:

No disrespect intended, but I hope that neither of them take a turn for the worse on Friday. I can just imagine the “Delay the inauguration!” cries if that happened.

• TheseTruths says:

I wish them good health and agree with what you are saying in a practical sense. For a former president and/or his wife to be critically ill — or worse, to die — during the days before or the day of the inauguration would be unprecedented as far as I know, and very difficult. I would hate it for the Bush family, but also for the Trumps.

• Wiggyky says:

They have to honor the Constitution so there would be no delay.

The fact that he is 92 and she is 91 gives me (just turned 83 the 12th) hope for a longer life. Sometimes I do wonder why we live so long if we can’t be as active as we once were.

• TheOldBear says:

Nope! time and date mandated by the Constitution. The old Bush crooks can watch on TV while having a nice helping of that great hospital jello ,

15. Rudy Bowen says:

I find myself coldly indifferent.

16. citizen817 says:

Crazy…the old man in ill health goes for a parachute jump (even tandem) @ 90…nutz.
    But HW and Dubya always loved our troops.
    Not like the current POS. Thankfully only 2 days left for “the hater in chief”.

• feralcatsblog says:

Dubya got thousands of American troops killed for his insane Great Islamic Society Nation Building.

• Wiggyky says:

If both Republicans and DEMOCRATS of both Houses signed the War Powers Act, then why is it just George Bush’s war? What about all the Democrats (including Clinton, Kerry and Albright) who said Hussain had WMD before Bush ever said it?

• mopar2016 says:

Because Dubya was the president at the time.
          And Sadaam tried to have Bush Sr. assassinated in Kuwait.
          Bill Clinton should’ve made Bin Laden disappear. He had plenty of chances.

I’m just glad that the push for the “North American Union” failed back in 2005.
          I didn’t want to be one country with Canada and Mexico.
          I can still remember GW saying that “The American people are afraid of diversity” in a speech afterward.

17. moonsbreath says:

I believe Hillary had a hand in this.

/s

18. Dizzy says:

I have a great deal of animosity toward Bush. Like others said, he won’t be missed. However, I respect the Presidency of the U.S. far too much to actually hope he dies. I tried, and I just can’t. Partly because I know it’s coming anyway, and partly because for all his evils I just can’t GENUINELY hope an ex-President dies.

19. redlegleader68 says:

Does that get W and Laura off the hook as well? Will it only be Bubba and PIAPS + Jimmah?

20. truthandjustice says:

I just leave it in God’s hands. But this is so bizarre coming right at this time and both of them.
    Then there’s Hillary and Bill who allegedly have bad health. So who knows when it’ll be their time – and just when they are likely to be exposed for their crimes. They all probably know things aren’t looking good for them at all with the Globalists admitting publicly they’re crumbling, which no doubt affects their health. Oh well, whatever happens —–
    God is in control and I leave it with Him.

21. burnett044 says:

I was taught when young ….”if ya have nothing good to say about some one then say nothing at all…”
    I have nothing to say about the Bush cabal.

22. David Kerr says:

I wonder if he will admit his involvement in the JFK assassination before he dies?

23. Red says:

I wish Bush a speedy recovery, I sure don’t want President Trump’s inauguration or the first 30 days of his Presidency being marred by the flag being flown at half staff all over the country and around the entire world at our embassies.

Am I heartless? No just selfish and protective of our Lion…..

24. It's 5 o'clock somewhere says:

Won’t be surprised if these 2 boobs get the “Scalia” treatment. Dead men tell no tales…….hhhmmmm

25. PatriotKate says:

Alternative press reporting they have been spirited away in advance of expected retaliation after Trump is inaugurated Friday and that the FakeStream Media is reporting they are hospitalized.

Don’t forget he was famously quoted as saying the American People would hang them on the lamp posts if we ever knew what they had done.

26. Patriot1783 says:

Parkinsons is not pretty at end…pneumonia could be the telltale sign as patients can’t avoid aspirating into lungs.

27. Bouchart says:

Both George Sr. and Barbara, even in their sickly and weakened state, have more energy than JEB!

28. Daniel says:

BOTH in the hospital? What about Roger Stone and the alleged poisoning? Seems like too many weird things to filter through. Can’t assume it’s connected, but loose ends sometimes get tied up as they connect to Democrats and Clintons.

29. Atticus says:

Read my lips: New World Order

• Beenthere says:

Was wondering when someone would post those 1st 3 words.

• Risasi says:

Don’t forget Dealey Plaza, Skull and Bones, Franklin Coverup, Iran Contra, William Colby, Hinkley family ties, Canadian oil, …and not to cast the sins of the father on the son, but what about the Harriman Bros. too? How much involvement did you have in Prescott’s family biz?

Mr. H.W. methinks you have a lot to answer for when you’ve shuffled off this mortal coil. Heavy lies the crown of an empire built upon the bodies of so many, and now lays in tatters for all to see.

• mopar2016 says:

A thousand points of light.

30. barton2016 says:

I hope it’s a painful death. Remember the countless lives destroyed by these people’s wars and policies.

• Wolfgang says:

We all face eternal judgment when we die- Heaven or Hell. Certainly the Bushes have a lot to answer for. If I was Bush right now would be confessing my sins and praying to God for forgiveness.

• Toronto Tonto says:

6 million people worldwide murdered by the CIA since 1987, an American Holocaust.

31. Pam says:

32. Toronto Tonto says:

Nancy Reagan died when Trump won the nomination. Now Barbara and George are in the hospital as Trump is inaugurated. As someone who wanted change, I’m relieved the past is being buried. But I won’t say anything meaner than that. I wish them both peace.

• benifranlkin says:

It’s likely one of them, probably George) is not going to make it out alive. Docs are probably afraid to put him on the ventilator because they wouldn’t be able to wean him off. Next day or two we will know. Barbara in house is kind of a mystery… ..cough and exhaustion? Need to come up with a real with diagnosis, don’t ya think?

• Notmeagain says:

If, as one article said, GHWB had “a procedure to improve his breathing” and it required anaesthesia, sounds like a tracheostomy. And if he dies and Trump lives it certainly won’t affect my joy.

33. deanbrh says:

I would not be surprised if they are already dead. In any case, pneumonia death won’t wait until Friday. Either the antibiotics he’s getting now work or they don’t.
    P.S. What makes anyone think the dirt on anyone who has been in the oval office is any place but in a shredder or ember pile? Trump will not be able to find the evidence on any of them! Do-gooders will have taken care of that, if the principals haven’t already.

34. God have mercy on them both, especially H.W.
    I highly dislike and distrust the man, but when you’re dead you’re dead. I hope that he lives to make sure that he’s right with God before he goes.

35. Jack says:

Another vile, anti-American, globalist about to get (on the far side of his last breath) his just due from the Lord God Almighty.

• TheFightingMan says:

I cannot wish anyone G_d’s righteous judgment for sin–Hell. We all deserve it. I pray G_d has mercy on these wicked peoples’ souls.

36. skwz says:

I decided to post here because I have wanted to tell my fellow Treepers something I feel is important…something that I feel you would want to know.

First, I have been on this website since last March totally dedicated to doing anything I could to support PE Donald Trump in his campaign to win through donations, writing (my profession), research, energy, etc. I love PE Donald Trump and think he will be the best President of The United States that has ever been to date.

Secondly, I am a children’s book author for 26 years and had been contacted by First Lady Barbara Bush in 1991 by a call from the White House in regards to the work I had done for children. I have a hand-written note from her from Kennebunkport, Me.

I was extremely disappointed in their treatment of PE Donald Trump. I feel as many of you do, but I read PE Donald Trump’s tweet to them and he was so gracious in what he said to them. So if he can say that to them after the campaign’s nastiness towards him, I will join him also in wishing them well.

Thirdly, I researched positive children’s books for PE Donald Trump and I found none to date or that I know about only demeaning parodies written by the ones that love to poke fun, etc.

One day I saw a suggestion on The Conservative Treehouse for someone to write a children’s book for PE Trump. I had already begun the process so was glad to see that someone noticed the need for children to have a positive, patriotic children’s book about a true American Patriot, our 45th President.

Lastly, I have written this book for PE Trump with great love and affection for everything he is to all of us. I wanted to do a Commemorative First Edition for the people at The Conservative Treehouse. I will give you the website address so that you can email me if you are interested and I will put you on the list for the Commemorative Edition.

I have a publisher and the book is going to the printer within the next week. You can read more about everything on the website to include “The Lemonade Stand” Blog which I know Treepers will like and appreciate.

At the publisher’s suggestion, I wrote “Mr. Trump Is My President!” using part my name and part pseudonym as I never have written anything for children before in the political arena and I have a large volume of other work out that is not political at all.

Please visit http://www.mrtrumpismypresident.com if you are interested in this one-of-a-kind journey of PE Trump during his campaign to his winning the election and going to the White House. You won’t be able to order the book yet as the order page has not been activated. However, for people here at CTH, I wanted to share with you first so that you know there is a positive, patriotic children’s book soon to be available for President Donald Trump.

Please share so we can get these books into the hands of our children. The book includes PE Trump’s favorite quotes and a glossary of his favorite sayings so it could be considered educational too.

37. teaforall says:

KARMA…………………..

38. Lots of diseases brought by illegal aliens and immigrants are in those hospitals.

• 3x1 says:

Yep. TB and multidrug resistant diseases brought in by open door immigration.

Would be ironic if every politician caught diseases from undocumented guests. Of course politicians always stay in hospital VIP suites, well isolated from the unwashed masses.

Their healthcare plans are jaw dropping.

TERM LIMITS. NO PENSIONS. NO LIFETIME HEALTHCARE. Do your “public service” then get out and find a real job.

39. Elaine Walsh says:

What a wonderful thing you have accomplished. I will be buying three for my grandchildren…..

40. Ip Siscr says:

It seemed to me watching Bush’s debates against Clinton that he threw the 1992 election, as if ordered to.

41. nwtex says:

May The Lord keep Mr & Mrs Bush comfortable and also provide strength for those who love them and need them in their lives, for this is quite a concerning time for them.

42. 3x1 says:

Hope they recover.

That being said, if they are that sick, W should be at their bedside. The Clintons too since they’re one big happy clan.

43. In many ways GHWB is an honorable man, but the bottom line is he was the president who forsook Reaganism, putting the country back on the path of progressivism, and he waged a lame fight for reelection, thus giving us the criminal Clinton Administration. While I voted for him four times (twice as VP, twice as P), time has diminished my respect for him.

44. Nordic Breed says:

For myself, I want all Bushes to live plenty long enough to see the success we and Trump will have MAGA and know that they could not stop it.

45. John Galt says:

92 years old, Parkinson’s disease, broken neck, intubated, wheelchair bound

“it likely will put me 6 feet under”

I’d go to the inaugural.

46. Sayit2016 says:

With all respect to the people here in the treehouse I have become very fond of…may I suggest that we all focus our thoughts and prayers on the peaceful transition of power and the safety and protection of all who are attending this event….

47. nwtex says:

There is so much hate and darkness in the few comments I read that I had to stop. It’s quite sad, to me, that some people have that kind of ugliness inside of themselves.