Greta Van Susteren and Nigel Farage each Land New Show…

Greta Van Susteren has landed a new job and will host a news and analysis show from Washington DC on MSNBC at 6pm beginning January 9th.  Nigel Farage has a new radio show on LBC (Leading Britain’s Conversation) at 7pm GMT (2pm EST) also beginning January 9th.

greta-2nigel-farage-2

Greta will be taking over the 6pm EST slot where MSNBC previously aired “With All Due Respect,” Bloomberg’s politics program. “With All Due Respect” ended on Dec. 2.  Her strong following will be up against Bret Baier’s Special Report which airs on Fox at 6pm.

Meanwhile, Nigel Farage is joining LBC, the home of political debate, to present a brand new weeknight program starting on Monday 9th January.  Packed into 60 minutes, The Nigel Farage Show will be full of opinions, callers and reaction to the biggest stories of the day, as well as Farage’s nightly Final Thought.

Broadcast live from 7pm, Monday to Thursday, Farage will present the show from LBC’s studios in London and on the road from across the UK, Europe and the USA as he invites listeners to share their views on the issues that will shape their lives for years to come.

nigel-farage-show

My Dream Team TV Show – Wouldn’t it be awesome to see a nationally syndicated media enterprise put together Laura Ingraham, Mark Steyn, Greta Van Susteren and Nigel Farage to host a nightly “Freedom Four” Broadcast panel from Washington DC?

Man-o-man, now that show would dominate any network ratings. I’d pay to watch that show nightly…. ::sigh::

Mark_Steyn_after_dismissalLaura_Ingraham_hi

greta-van-sustern-2nigel-farage-4

Maybe just by putting this idea *out there* some enterprising TV executive will spot the obviousness of the inherent intellectual chemistry….. maybe.

This entry was posted in media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Predictions, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

139 Responses to Greta Van Susteren and Nigel Farage each Land New Show…

1. Syd says:

Guess I will have to try to find MSNBC for probably the first time ever. I like Greta. Also, your dream team is the same as mine. LOVE it.

• Amy says:

I will never watch Greta, she is a Scientologist.

• petszmom says:

i won’t be watching greta on MSNBC…because of MSNBC, not her religion. no one seems to care that the main stream media continues to thrive with so many enthusiastic fans (many here and everywhere). while people have the right to watch whatever they want i get a bit tired of the constant association with media outlets that were determined not only to destroy trump but derail an entire presidential election (and then complain about what they are saying/doing). i am NOT ok with that. MSNBC, NBC…same thing…so good luck to greta, i harbor no ill will towards her.

• nobaddog says:

People, myself included, like the personality side of news reporters and if they think like us we like them even more. Its hard for them not to insert their opinions into the newscast. Thats where the problem is. We never get the real story. Trumps Tweets need to continue. Right from the horse’s mouth.
          I will watch Greta when i have time and feel like it. I hope she doesn’t change to the MSNBC narrative. The Treehouse is usually my first stop for whats going on.

• rvsueandcrew says:

I agree with you, petzmom. I get tired of it, too. People are free to watch (and contribute to ratings) all they want. As for me, I don’t want to do anything in support of the propaganda media for the reasons you mention. I’d love to see all the propaganda networks sink into irrelevancy but it won’t happen because there will always people propping them up.

• sunnydaze says:

On the other hand, Petszmom, you could say that if Greta is good at MSNBC, watching her is a form of Positive Reinforcement for the cable news networks.

You know, like what parents do with their children to get them to change bad habits.

I’ll watch her, and if the shows good, I’ll keep watching.

Positive Reinforcement for MSNBC to change their ways.

• petszmom says:

lol…never heard THAT one. no thanks. i cut the cord on august 1, 2016…no regrets, never going back. i simply chose not to take up with the enemy. I support trump and refuse to talk out of the other side of my mouth supporting the media. for me there is only trump/pence.

• Amy says:

I agree. Another reason I will not watch Greta.

• Son of Rusty Shackleford says:

Hear, hear!! Why should I want to watch Mostly S**t Nothing Butt Crap (h/t to thedeplorablelantern)???

• petszmom says:

exactly…but there are plenty of trump supporter PRETENDERS with excuse why they will watch. never mind the media set out to purposely destroy trump’s chance of winning but also controlled many people’s minds thru their propaganda, yet people here will continue to support, condone, praise by watching and then come back and complain about their spewing. such hypocrisy numbs my brain.

• Marc says:

How open minded of you.

• Sentient says:

Open-mindedness is overrated.

• Marc says:

Agreed but it’s petty and ignorant to not watch Greta because of Scientology. She NEVER mentioned her personal religious beliefs on air so it shouldn’t matter.

• Amy says:

Scientology abuses people while famous people like Cruise and Greta turn a blinde eye.
              I have a family member (husband’s side) who financially raped and abused in this cult of Scientology.

Scientology creates hate sites in people’s names who dares to speak out against them. I could go on and on, but this site is not about Scientology. Please use google for this subject.

• Marc says:

I know quite a bit about Scientology and how they are a thuggish cult. Maybe Greta is afraid of leaving. I don’t really know how she feels about it because she doesn’t promote it publicly.

• NYGuy54 says:

scientology is one sick cult…I did not know she was one of them…

• heldnmut says:

Agree on Dream Team. I love Mark S but will not pay for him along with Mark Levin & Michelle Malkin, or Crowder. May have to turn into MSNBC – really think Greta is a person of integrity and don’t care for Bret Baier at FNC. GOP debate really showed us a lot about certain people.

• Marc says:

Crowder is overrated and paying $100 to listen and watch him and the Conservative Review crew isn’t worth it. Crowder has been a thorn in the side of the Trump team from day 1.

• sunnydaze says:

That’s another reason to tune in and watch Greta, if her show is good.

I’d like to see Brett Baiers ratings in the toilet after the crap he , Megyn and Chris Wallace pulled at that 1st GOP Primary Debate.

• SuperTalk says:

Heldnmut, agreed I love me some Mark Steyn he is amazing. But all the Never Trumpism that Mark Levin has been pushing and continues to push is aiding and abetting the enemies of our US patriot nationalist movement.
        What Crowder and Levin don’t understand is that this movement isn’t about Trump, so much as it is about us. When they tried to diminish him in the general election, they where fighting against we the people, and the “white hats” and patriots internally in our Government. When they continually deride him before inauguration, the are working to diminish We The People before power has even exchanged hands.

So no, I won’t be subscribing to Levin’s network and yes I love Sundance’s idea of these 4 amazing intellectuals and entertainers doing a show together. All of them are favorites of mine. It’s great to know we are all on the same page.
        It’s sad to see Greta go to MSNBC but hopefully she can bring some sanity and credibility to their disgusting brand.

• Son of Rusty Shackleford says:

I love reading Levin but I can’t take listening to him—he starts ranting and yelling and I start thinking I’m listening to Keith Olbermann with a higher-pitched voice. And a few years ago Greta took Lindsay Lohan as her guest to the White Mosque Press Corpse dinner—I stopped taking her seriously from that moment on, figured she was just another starfooooker. In fact, it may have been the dinner that Widdle Barrie ObaMao slagged DJT throughout (that worked out for President Stampy Foot about as well as his red line in Syria).

• litlbit2 says:

Sorry but I will never watch any of the fake news outlets regardless of their line up!
      Bankruptcy is the only choice for what they have promoted on the folks!

Having their(msm) o Jesus moment in 2017 makes no difference and doing it 24/7 will not aid their plight! Get’m out!

• olderwiser21 says:

Greta is sleeping with the enemy – she is dead to me now…. Also, from what I have read about Scientology and heard from others’ first hand accounts, it is a scary, dark and corrupt cult that terrorizes and brainwashes its members and I am stunned that she is a member. So disappointing……

• Marti says:

From your lips to God’s ears ! !

• Peg_C the Deplorable says:

Not me. I don’t know where PMSLSD is and I don’t wanna know. I’m sure clips will be on YouTube – plus, we’re cutting the cord after the inauguration.

I want to know if Farage’s show will be available over here!

2. saywhat64 says:

Going to be interesting to see how things work out with Greta over at MSNBC. She does not like being told on how she must report….

3. georgiafl says:

Maybe Greta can help MSNBC phase out Sharpton ….and Megan McCain.

4. toriangirl says:

Confession. I have an intellectual crush on Nigel.

5. Disappointed in Greta’s. Must have been desperate to go to MSNBC. Will not watch. Glad to hear that Tucker will be on at 9pm

• Jesse1976 says:

I don’t think Greta’s desperate. She was the best journalist Fox had. Far more analysis and honest reporting than any other show. She was at CNN for 10 years before Fox. She never showed her personal political positions either. Her husband is big in the Democrat Party and I have no idea what she is other than her involvement in Scientology. But her reporting has always been excellent. While I have never watched MSNBC and don’t intend to start now I hope she does well. She’s WAY above the quality of anything on MSNBC or NBC.

6. redlegleader68 says:

Great idea, Sundance. Guess its’ too much to hope that she could slide back into the 7p slot on FNC; although, it would pit her against Looouuuuuuu!

7. Angry Dumbo says:

I would like to add Chris Plante and Wayne Dupree to your show. Greta at MSNBC will be fun because 90% of the networks audience knows nothing of conservative issues and have never seen news that is significant to conservatives. To that end, news like the kidnapping and torture of the man in Chicago would be news to them. A new perspective can only help.

8. India Maria says:

Greta will draw away from Brett Baier. I’m glad, he is such a Liberal Robot.

9. Pam says:

Glad to see Nigel moving up in the world. I’m sure his program will do very well. It was a sad day to see Greta leave Fox. I’m not a fan of MSNBC by any means but I hope Greta’s show will do well.

10. fedback says:

‘Have a pint with Nigel’. Weekly tv show.
    That would be something

11. brucefdb says:

I wish Greta well but her syllable dropping and feminist leanings drove me to distraction.

I like your ‘dream team’ except for her.

• daizeez says:

Greta always seemed to me to be a true independent. She was extremely good to the Palins and she had Trump on for years before he ran. She does lean liberal on some issues but I really like her style of interviewing people. She actually lets them talk and I’ve seen her be tough on politicians on both sides. When she left FOX she said she was in no hurry to land a new job unless she it was right for her. I hope she does well.

• HonorDefendBuckeye says:

Surprised by her going to MSNBC which is populated by biased lunatics. Agree that her style of interviewing actually lets them talk – ultimately became skeptical of the choices made as to guests. Lindsay Graham, Kinzinger, Rove, seemed entirely too prominent, and in my view life is too short to waste time listening to them. Was unsure who was driving the guest list at Fox. May check out what goes on as she develops at MSNBC. I find Baier to be intolerable as his role as an UniParty shill is too much for me.

• NYGuy54 says:

just reading here for the first time that she’s a scientologist..that is very very bad.

12. Fred says:

Who gives a crap what they do. They are just talking heads.

13. Dommy says:

“Trump TV.”
    “Trump Broadcasting.”
    “Trump Media Group.”

Any reason why not?
    One or all of his super competent kids could start it up and run it.

14. dianeax says:

I just downloaded the LBC app for Android app I can listen to Nigel. 😃

15. dutzie60 says:

I’m still not listening nor watching any of them. 🙂

• Shanna Gruen says:

Me neither. I quit years ago and have not only been able to get better news coverage, I’m no longer caught up in the ridiculous stuff that goes on on those shows.

• Fe says:

I concur 99%. I did watch Hannity live stream for the Assange interview. I stopped watching ‘news’ at least 10 years ago. Get it all online.

16. NJF says:

Love the dream team. I like Greta but I doubt I’ll watch. I hope she hurts Brett Boy’s ratings.

17. trummpin says:

you can not slay a dragon (fake news/ msm) if you continue to feed it (ratings)……

18. truthandjustice says:

I’ll take Mark and Nigel but not the rest. Really LOVE Nigel.
    Surprised at Greta going to MSNBC.

19. guitar107 says:

Good for Nigel.
    Grate is all right but I won’t watch.
    I stopped watching TV when they became tools for O ‘a reelection in 2012. Can’t say that I miss their leftist propaganda and fake news.
    🙂

20. TheMachine says:

By Greta going to MSNBC, I can only hope she stays true to herself and that the way she presents herself draws some MSNBC viewers away from their liberal view to a more conservative or even middle-of-the-road point of view.

21. Emily Summer says:

If you work for MSNBC, you have gone over to the dark side. Goodbye, Greta

22. Arkindole says:

As SD would say…”Grandman’s Rule”
    Lunatics was mentioned above.
    Indeed.

With a little more spiff, RSBN would gladly put together SD’s dream broadcast team.
    Hell, from what I’ve watched OANN isn’t doing all that much better than RSBN and they’re so-called big time and subscription on Roku.

23. Shanna Gruen says:

I disagree with Sundance’s dream team. I don’t have much time for Laura Ingraham with her huge ego and know-it-all attitude that she always she thinks she knows better than everyone (including Trump). I think Sharyl Atkisson would be a far better choice. Nigel Farage would be good. For me the jury is out on Mark Steyn. His alliance with Mark Levin and Michelle Malkin concern me as they’ve shown what they really are. I would have to think long and hard about who would be worthy as the 4th person on the list.

• WSB says:

Still prefer Tammy Bruce. Actually if you have never heard of Jan Morgan, she’s awesome!

• ediegrey says:

I agree – Ingraham made me sick with her mooning over Cruz all last year. And her ego is way out of control. Steyn can be hilarious, no doubt, but he is always snidely putting Trump down – he hid out all summer so as not to be involved. Greta is another snake in the grass. But Nigel, oh Nigel I love – even though he wimped out over Trump and the “Muslim ban” last year, but he has come round nicely. That I want to see.

• Son of Rusty Shackleford says:

Laura doesn’t handle surprises well; I remember the day she couldn’t hear stuff and started dropping the f- bomb on the air—really unprofessional, and uncalled for by someone who’s been on the air for years and should’ve known better. I love hearing Nigel too; I’d say pair him up with Stuart Varney but it would be so veddy British I might start driving on the left!

24. Paul Killinger says:

Count me in on Greta. She was so loyal to the poor Marine held illegally by the Mexican Govt, she goaded the White House into getting him back home.

And as for Nigel, I’m a big fan. Can someone tell me how to pick up his radio show here in the states?

25. mamadogsite says:

She made her announcement on her facebook page. It appears she will run her new show exactly as she did on Fox.

Ideology-wise, I have always felt she was an independent. She was about the only thing that remained fair and balanced at fox the past few years.

I will watch her at 6PM as she is one of the very few reporters left in the field who actually reports the news.

26. Raffaella says:

I like Greta but will never turn on any NBC or MSNBC or CNN or other MSM programs.

• olderwiser21 says:

Amen to that. It is like watching people lie right to your face all day long and frankly, I don’t really want to do that……

27. susanremer says:

Is Nigel’s show going to be livestreamed so we Yanks can listen in?

28. TwoLaine says:

Throw Sharyl Atkisson in and make it the Freedom Five. 🙂

29. All American Snowflake says:

I no longer have cable. #1 too expensive #2 too much agitprop #3 too time consuming. But I will sure miss some of my favs; e.g., Lou Dobbs.

30. kltk1 says:

Greta is about as balanced as they come. And she’s a Democrat. Like Tim Russert, she’s as tough on Democrats as she is to anyone else and, I think, would be a PERFECT replacement for Chuck Todd. Talk about a knucklehead. I gave up TV punditry a long time ago but I’ll give Greta a chance. She’s true to the story, not her politics.

31. DebbieUK says:

Glad to see Nigel will have a daily show on LBC .If only he was replacing some of the Leftie anti Trump commentators it would be even better.

Oh well ,we shall see. Katie Hopkins is also on LBC at the weekends and sometimes covering weekdays when the Lefties are off .She is a joy to listen to ,says it as it is and sticks to it.

Neither of these two could get anywhere near the BBC ,which has a huge monopoly of UK radio stations. Its the tax payer funding ,no spending limits.

32. Msher says:

Don’t understand. Farage’s show in part about America and available in U.S.?

I followed British media closely for an 8 year period, then sporadically the last year. I’m not sure British radio would put on a radio show with enough American content to be of interest to an American audience, and certainly few Americans follow British or EU issues.

Greta started as a committed liberal. Not clear what her politics are now. Her abrupt about face re Fox leaves a lot of question. She, as a lawyer knows, that Fox had more than enough to rebut Carlson’s claims. My view (as a lawyer myself): Fox, especially the Murdoch sons, wanted Ailes out. This was the oportunity to do it, $20 mil. to them a cheap price. Carlsen was cancelled because she was boring – which the ratings reflected. I found her unwatchable: despite a quite good education and interesting background, boring and vacuous. The relevance of this is that more info re Greta needed.