Sean Spicer: President Trump “will never take a vacation”…

Incoming White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer joined “Mornings with Maria” Friday to discuss his new role assisting President-elect Donald Trump:

trump-banner-5-white-house

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, media bias. Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Sean Spicer: President Trump “will never take a vacation”…

1. America First , music to our ears ! Trump has a great work ethic & we are seeing it already the next 4-8 years will be great.
    Nice to see Sean Spicer out already working in his new role.

• woohoowee says:

MAGA!

• When Trump entered the presidential race last year most thought he did so for petty narcssistic reasons. I suspected he did so for a substantial narcissistic reason — he intends to make history, not by mere symbolism alone ala Obama (first affirmative action hire at that level), but by fixing problems and getting things done in a dramatic way (like winning election despite massive opposition from the Demonrat and cuckservative factions and limiting his expenditures to half that of the opposition). I have no doubt he will bust his ass to be a success so his name becomes synonymous with excellence in political leadership.

2. R-C says:

“If you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life.”

3. ahem says:

Yes, but we don’t want him to work himself to death. Moderation in all things

• Ray Titus says:

A man like Trump enjoys the challenge of work so it really isn’t work to him. I’m sure he’ll have days where he takes part of a day to do something with his family, but he won’t be taking weeks at Martha’s Vineyard types of vacations. He said early on in his campaign that there’s too much work to do to be out on the golf course. This is the kind of person we need to save this country.

• nightmare on k st says:

a quote by Jack Daniels

4. litlbit2 says:

It is so great to see the idea of how important msm thinks they are, not yet realizing the electorate has move on! Time for new networks, smart honest persons asking questions! No more puppet agenda drivers reading the agenda script, promote fake stories or create crisis soap opera!
    Might be consider a good interview, maybe?

Dumb questions, gotcha carp standard boiler plate boring photo opts for the most dishonest people on the planet! Captain Kangroo at least had content.

• Ken Lawson says:

The mainstream media still control the news info to the masses. Sure, some people such as those here at CTH have moved on (although a lot of people here still tune in to networks like Fox, which is just another MSM outlet and shouldn’t be supported), but most Americans still get what little news they pay attention to from either the mainstream broadcast media or from the newsbreak during the drive time radio shows they listen to. The media isn’t going anywhere. They’re here to stay and fight to destroy Trump. Trump’s election was only a very small first step in what needs to be done to save this coutnry.

5. InfidelDefiler says:

I just hope that in his retirement, Obama will finally be able to find time to play a little golf.

6. mike says:

I still think the US taxpayers should send the Obamas, Michelle’s fuel bills.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Should send a bill for Michelle’s mother’s rent too. Plus the cost of her going along on vacations. Mrs. Robinson owes the American taxpayers substantial monies.

• Jesse1976 says:

Unfortunately the law only requires them to reimburse the government the cost of a commercial airline ticket, which is what the Obama’s have done. We will never be repaid for all they cost us… and their vacations were the small costs they brought upon the American people.

7. Radiopatriot says:

It is sad that Eric Trump will no longer be able to raise $$$ for St. Jude’s Hospital Cancer Research. Who loses? The children for whom the research is being done to help them beat the dreaded disease. And why? Because the Communist Left want to use his charitable foundation as a weapon against those who have called out the Clinton Foundation for its crimes.

This is not going to sit well with Americans who have children fighting cancer, or who have themselves donated to St. Jude’s Hospital. Just one more reason to detest and despise the left. I hope and expect this will blow back on them. How will they feel if their children/grandchildren have to rely on St. Jude’s for help? I can’t imagine that the medical staff will look kindly upon these miserable cretins even as they care for their children.

• GrantsLounge says:

They always show who they really are. Goes real well with Christmas. Pitch perfect timing.
      Inflicting liberal fatigue 24/7, holidays not withstanding.
      Then they will lament over their message not being understood by the voters every time they fail.
      Hint: We get it. We got it. Take a break, the rest of us are gonna celebrate.
      Merry Christmas All!

• Jesse1976 says:

Who said he won’t be able to raise money for them? I heard that they shut down an effort to have coffee with Ivanka as a fundraiser, but I didn’t hear Eric will never again be able to raise money for them. Please post a link to whatever it is you read that says he can’t fundraise for them anymore. He already gave $20 million to them some time ago and has been a supporter for a long time. I would think he’d fight to support them and look for other ways to raise money.

• I don’t understand either; why can’t he raise money for charitable organizations? None of it is going into his pocket….makes no sense.

• churchmouse says:

‘The fate of the foundation remains unclear, family members said. Among the options are to shut it down or rename it, or to distance Eric Trump in some other way from any fund-raising efforts …

‘The Trump family, through its hotels, may still accept smaller donations sent directly to St. Jude’s, or other causes, a family member said. But it will no longer first send the money to a family-controlled charity.’

8. Spicer at the end “Business as usual is OVER

Awesome. Just awesome.

• Lisa Reynolds says:

I’ve been saying this for a while now to family members: “I don’t know what’s in store with a Trump presidency, but I don’t think it’s going to be business as usual.

9. deanbrh says:

Well considering the heat the Trumps have taken, and will take EVERY day, Eric accomplishes nothing. They will damn him no matter WHAT he does, so why not go ahead with the foundation? It isn’t as if anyone who counts will “learn a lesson” from kids being deprived of care. Only the true victims will suffer, not the moonbats. It’s like the criminal offenses of the Clintons….we can rant forever, to what avail?

10. petszmom says:

i’m not being facetious but i am needing some clarity. if trump is working for a salary of a buck a year then how will he be paying for his expenses…there have to be some for daily ‘stuff’…will he be given an allowance from the estate? a cash account to draw from? if the left were to get their wish they would enjoy seeing him cut off completely from his family and fortune.

11. fedback says:

Spicer did fine. A little awkward but makes good points.
    Of course he wasn’t in a hostile environment but he has potential

12. muffyroberts says:

Trump does rallies, that is his vacation. He loves them.

• Rita Meter Maid says:

And hopefully he’ll continue to do them as POTUS. It would be a great way to connect and communicate with the American people. Plus, it would drive the media, the left, and the GOPe nuts!

13. npsrangerman says:

Stepping away from the job for a refresh can be very very good for one’s performance if not emotional and mental health. I for one think he needs to have some time away, realizing of course that when you are followed around by the man with the special briefcase, you are always on the job to a certain extent.

The type A personality workaholic is at risk for a number of physical ailments. It is best to lead as balanced a life as possible: Vocation/Social/Spiritual/physical/Family/& Hobbies with significant distribution of time among them. He is flesh and blood after all.

• Bob says:

Everyday a person takes off work they lose 3- 5+% effectiveness in their jobs. A two week vacation is like a 50% drop. The heart attack myth for hard workers is a myth. Heart attacks are more closely related to personal relationship issues.

• Totally agree, Bob, based on personal experience as well as observation of others. What people who are not Type A types who also love what they do, it is incomprehensible that anyone could love doing it all the time.
        You are really right about relationship ship issues. I would just refine your statement to include relationships as work. To me, the biggest path to good, long-term health is the feeling that you have control over the direction of your life.
        Benjamin Franklin lived to age 84, started off poor, traveled abundantly, suffered from gout and kidney stones. But he loved politics, women, diplomacy, women, food, women, writing and politics.

• npsrangerman says:

Hmmm, if that is a linear relationship, I guess a month off would mean I couldn’t function at all.

14. Give it time says:

First time I have seen an interview with the new press secretary… IMHO he is not a good pick. He stumbles a bit over words and allowed even Maria to attack a bit. He comes across as “political” reminds me of the current press sec for Obama.

15. NJF says:

Boy Spicer is a bit on the hyper side.

This was the only one I watched bc I can’t bear to listen to these other idiots.

He came off well, but Maria is a friendly.

I’m sure he’ll get his sea legs.

• Buck Turgidson says:

Good observations, Maria seemed a bit in attack mode looking for wrong things, Spicer perhaps a bit prickly and hyped up. He needs to calm down a smidgen and maybe develop a sense of humor. He should take a page from Mr Trump’s playbook and take only so much until he turns things around and can say “hold on a minute is this an interview or an inquisition….”

16. luke says:

The thing that impressed me most during the campaign is the unbelievable work ethic. The guy is ridiculous. I have always been told if you work hard good things will happen. That lesson was never more apparent then this election cycle. I knew a guy in my previous line of work that used to have a saying, “My competition may be smarter and more educated than I am but I’ll be damn if that SOB can out work me.”

I am dedicating myself to be more like Trump in my endeavors by trying to follow the pattern of his work habits. I’m 40 years old and that guy could work me under the table but I am committing myself to improvement nonetheless.

• missmarple2 says:

Trump amazes me. He’s 2 years older than I am and I couldn’t do 1/2 what he does.
      I too am going to improve the amount of work I do. If nothing else, my closets will be organized!

• 3x1 says:

We post more than he does. 😁

(that’s probably about it)

Maybe Mattis is in his league. Everyone else? Sucking wind.

Trump really should set aside a week here and there with Melania and Barron. Maybe 3-4 months startoff to sort things out, then a long weekend. Another couple months, a week.

17. M33 says:

“Business as usual is over.”

LOVE IT!

18. WeThePeople2016 says:

I am not sure that I agree that Trump is to never take a vacation. Being my background is psychology, I know that is not good for you mentally, physically, and spiritually. I know that Trump is a workaholic and has Type A tendencies. Nevertheless, carrying the weight of the Presidency on his shoulders for 4 to 8 years will take its toll on him over time. I know he is up to the task more than any other President, but even he needs to take a vacation, even if it is a weekend getaway, from time to time. Make it a “true” vacation and not a working vacation. He and his staff risk burnout.

19. psadie says:

I read an article somewhere that quoted Anthony Scarmucci as saying that basically “DC cannot handle too much change and Trump’s young administration with many “outsiders” depends on its survival. So it looks like Trump is putting folks into the Cabinet that are “political” in some way…that makes sense.

20. Midnight Rambler says:

President Elect Trump is the man. He should at least do a Nixon style Friday evening to Sunday afternoon Camp David thing now and then just to get a little quiet time.

21. decisiontime16 says:

Just the Hawaiian vacations the obamas have taken cost us 35 million. Not to mention the trips by Michelle and the girls.
    His constant golf outings are another matter also. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise as he would have done even more damage if “working”.

22. Buck Turgidson says:

Maria friggin calm down, when are you and the mainstream media going to acknowledge that Mr Trump is 100X the president that obama will be, and calm down with your constant attacks on his staff. The interviews w obama and his minions are nothing but softballs, interviews w Trump and his people are like attacks and interrogations. Just ask questions. Stop attacking, stop the gotchas, stop trying to make a name for yourself. I am so sick of the mainstream leftist communist media and yes this includes CNBC.