Thursday December 22nd – Open Thread

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

108 Responses to Thursday December 22nd – Open Thread

1. aredtailblog says:

Anyone who cares when I brought up “Richest Man In Babylon” in the previous thread, there’s actually a .pdf floating about to look at it. Pretty old stuff, but some handy tidbits: http://www.ccsales.com/the_richest_man_in_babylon.pdf

2. freepetta says:

Thank you Lord for saving our country with President Elect Trump. As always in Jesus’s name Amen

3. Dommy says:

Jesus Christ is Lord.

4. Janie M. says:

She looks very happy to see Santa… so cute.

5. Garrison Hall says:

6. F.D.R. in Hell says:

7. citizen817 says:

• Wayne Robinson says:

Linda , is it that you have no understanding of what patience is ? Or is it that you have no understanding of how God brings that about in our lives? I suggest we all pray for the reign of God in and over our lives and grace to do his will period .

8. F.D.R. in Hell says:

9. F.D.R. in Hell says:

10. citizen817 says:

• Lucille says:

These simple scenes make me weep with gratitude to our Lord that our vice presidential office will be filled by this good man. Even in a photo you feel his sincerity and his determination to be the best v.p. he can possibly be.

• smiley says:

notice the way he shakes hands and makes eye contact…solid!

and sincere.

a lot of smiles there.

Merry Christmas, Mike Pence ! 🙂

11. smiley says:

uh oh

12. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.”
    Psalms 12:5 (KJV)

13. smiley says:

The Nativity

o/c

1912

N.C. Wyeth

American Illustrator

14. Dora says:

Eastman Johnson (American painter, 1824-1906) Christmas Time the Blodgett Family 1864

15. Dora says:

I read that Queen Elizabeth is very sick. She has had to cancel all her traditional Christmas activities. I am one of those rare people who happens to like the Queen. I still admire her greatly for her work during the war. I will be sad to see the end of her reign. Most of all I dread seeing her replaced by her son. He is a moron!

A little note: The last time I was in London was 2012. At that time we were told by our tour guide that Charles was not very fond of the Stuarts and didn’t want to be called Charles the Third. So, he plans to change his name to George. I guess that would make him the Seventh. I’ll be curious to see if that story is right.

====

Clarence House released this new picture of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles.

“First look: As a year of 90th birthday celebrations draw to a close, we would like to share this special photo of The Prince and The Queen, taken earlier this year at Windsor Castle.”

16. citizen817 says:

Also known as the “festival of lights”

What is Hanukkah and how is it celebrated?
    The eight-day Jewish celebration known as Hanukkah or Chanukah commemorates the rededication during the second century B.C. of the Second Temple in Jerusalem, where according to legend Jews had risen up against their Greek-Syrian oppressors in the Maccabean Revolt.

17. Dora says:

I know that they are offended by many, many things, but this is ridiculous!

======

Washington Post: Virgin Mary Offends Rape Victims by Her Purity

18. usnveteran says:

December 21, 2016
    Obama Encourages Trump To Use The Legislative Process Over Executive Orders: “My Strong Preference Has Always Been To Legislate”:

Barack Obama Executive Order Subjects:

• Lucille says:

Utterly incredible! “My Strong Preference Has Always Been To Legislate” but those Republicans gave me everything I wanted anyway so why bother with that Constitutional right for Congress to to be the ones passing the laws.

To the very end, a liar extraordinaire.

19. Dora says:

Any Jeopardy fans? My sister-in-law from Texas told us that Cindy had died. It made it very sad watching her as she won game after game. She was a sweet girl.

RIP Cindy.

20. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ Infidels.

photo a.m.20luke.jpg

21. kltk1 says:

Understanding Bloomberg has a serious bend to the left, there is some truth here and Trump supporters, in my view, would be wise to keep an eye on this. At this time we can defer to DJT knowing what he’s doing and won’t let us down, that doesn’t mean we, the average American citizen, can go to sleep.

22. getfitnow says:

What a Pack of Rescue Dogs Taught Me:
    What a lovely article.

• Janie M. says:

getfit, the comment “Andrew Jackson” had posted regarded his 2 rescue dogs was uplifting and sad with regard to the female who hid under the bed as she thought that once again she was losing her new home (her 4th in as many years), simply because he had removed bedding from the dogs’ beds to wash it. Apologies for the run-on sentence.

• I’ve always had an affinity for Border collies. My first was a rescue in Scotland. My second was a pure bred that I bought from a Vietnam Vet. When she passed at the ripe old age of 16, It took me 2 years to get another. I went to the Pheonix Border Collie Rescue in North Carolina and got another.
      Borders are definitely not for everyone. They are just a bit TOO SMART! So, there are always a lot of them that are given up for crazy behavior because their people can’t spend enough time with them. They get bored and destructive. The one I have now (Isla) was only 6 weeks old and found in the woods. She has her moments, but she is a blessing, and knows everything I say.
      Please, don’t get a Border unless you can spend a lot of time with them and keep them active and busy. Isla is a Frisbee fool and will chase a ball a lot longer than you can throw one!. They all have to have a job, and hers is catching that Frisbee!

• wondering999 says:

I like collies for babysitters. My grandma told our neighbor’s collie mutt that his job was to watch over me when I was a baby. He was around for the 15 years of my life and I always felt safe around him. Wonderful wonderful canine, a blessing in my life and in my memories

23. Patriot1783 says:

Berlin Christmas market reopened.

• piper567 says:

Oh, thanks for posting this, Patriot…I had seen a picture of the empty Market somewhere with the caption: Islamists Win the Battle, and since Germany is SO screwed, it made me sad. SO glad they have re-opened!

24. BT in SC says:

A couple days ago, someone commented about muslims and the Crusades and how Poland fought the muslims and won. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good book on the subject? YUGE thanks!

25. Mike says:

For what it’s worth?
    A Massive Coup Awaits Trump- Every Federal Agency Is Compromised

December 21, 2016

Trump Begins To Move 370 Elite Troops From Russia To Protect His Life And Family

• auscitizenmom says:

I think this site “whatdoesitmean.com”is questionable.

• nwtex says:

Howdy citizenmom ❤ Yes, when I was running around gathering info on questionable sites I do recall whatdoesitmean being listed as a conspiracy site. I do know that some don’t consider such sites to be “iffy” tho. Personally, I stay away from them simply because I get tired wondering if there is fact to what is being reported…. takes up too much space in my brain 😎

• Notmeagain says:

“Sorcha Faal” == “Sucha Fool.” Sorcha Faal, whoever he/she is, is a hoaxter. And if you read the whole thing you would understand what a spoof it is.

26. Lucille says:

DECEMBER 22, 1808 : BEETHOVEN’S FIFTH SYMPHONY GIVEN WORLD PREMIERE IN VIENNA

27. M. Mueller says:

You know how they say that no good deed goes unpunished?

On Monday, around midnight, a 13 year old girl heard pounding on their door and cries for help. She woke her father. He opened the door and pulled a 30 some year old woman into the foyer. Police said she’d been shot about 11 times in the ear, shoulder, hand and leg. She had been in a car with someone and tried the neighbor’s house first, but they were afraid to open the door.

These are very close relatives. Everyone the father has talked to has said he should never have let her in, or should have put her in the garage. It was 4 degrees out! She would have died of shock.

So, then, he called hazmat cleaners to clean up all the blood to make sure there were no pathogens to harm his children. That cost him $1,000 off the top and the home insurance will pick up the rest.

This is an area of large, beautiful houses as close to the edge of Milwaukee as you can get. It was the 2nd shooting in the city that night. President Trump can’t start to clean up our cities fast enough; they are turning into war zones!

So there you have my Christmas story for this year. At least he did the right thing and saved a life. Got me thinking, though. Would I open the door at midnight?

28. nwtex says:

29. quintrillion says:

Amazing…she’s young Irish autist with special needs and can she ever sing. Hallelujah

30. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence as they seek to lead America back to You.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen