December 14th – 2016 Presidential Victory – Open Discussion

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “2016 Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Trump/Pence presidential victory.

trump-pence-banner-2

Transition Website HERE

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,131 Responses to December 14th – 2016 Presidential Victory – Open Discussion

1. TwoLaine says:

So, why did I get a SURVEY from Speaker Paul Ryan today asking me to tell him what my Top 2017 Republican priority is?

“Friend,

Here’s what I want you to know: Because of the hard work of Republicans like you, we finally have a chance to put our country back on the right track.

Your donations, your efforts to get out the vote, and your support on Election Day for Republicans up and down the ticket are the reasons we can turn our ideas into action in 2017.

We have so much to do. For the last 8 years, the Democrats in Washington have been moving our country in the wrong direction. Their big government, top-down policies have left us a big mess to clean up.

I need to know where you think we should start. Take a few minutes and fill out this survey letting us know what areas Republicans should focus on first in 2017.
    We have at least two years of a united government to rebuild our military, reform our tax code, and clean up burdensome regulations. It’s a big job, but thanks to your support, we have the team and the tools to do it.

Paul Ryan

*****SURVEY*****

What should be the top Republican priority in 2017?

Reforming the tax code so it’s flatter and fairer
    Strengthening our national security
    Repealing and replacing Obamacare
    Securing our borders and fixing our immigration system
    Passing a balanced budget
    Combating poverty
    Entitlement Reform

PAID FOR BY TEAM RYAN, A JOINT FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE AUTHORIZED BY AND COMPOSED OF RYAN FOR CONGRESS, INC., PROSPERITY ACTION, INC., AND THE NRCC.

TEAM RYAN
    320 FIRST STREET, SE
    WASHINGTON, D.C. 20003”

I don’t have a lot of confidence that Lyin’ Ryan can get anything done, let alone balance a budget, but he’d better get his act together quick. RIDICULOUS!

Passing a balanced budget is not an option, it is an annual requirement. So is securing out border, and strengthening our national security. We don’t need to fix our immigration system, we just need to enforce the laws we have, so they can take that piece of crap off the books. Jobs will combat poverty and TRUMP Is all over that one. On entitlement reform, TRUMP did not run on it, but we expect the “entitlements” to be cleaned up, the waste to be figured out and gutted. The rest will take care of itself. Stop flooding our lands with illegals and giving them entitlements. SIMPLE.

• psadie says:

Ryan is going to look pretty stupid when he meets with the Cabinet and starts explaining things and then they pipe up “WE can do better” and Ryan then looks like a fool. I don’t think he is that smart and they will all find out soon enough!

• LBB says:

You can tell him for me to get the confirmations through lickety split. No wasting of valuable time.

• I’m not going to miss all the garbage e-mails from Paul Ryan and the RNC now that I’ve registered as an independent. Got my expected plea from the RNC begging me to come back. I threw it unopened in the trash. The RNC can go to hell. Paul Ryan? He’ll learn who is boss come January 20.

• Fake Nametag says:

I would have marked “other” and then wrote in that our top priority is to find a competent Speaker of the House.

• BakoCarl says:

Here’s a guess on “Why the survey?”

It’s just part of Ryan’s strategy “We can only do 1 or 2 things well at once, so all those things that Trump wants us to to are just going to have to wait until we finish the first couple of things. Then, in about 4 – 6 months, we’ll take a look at the next couple of things. And we’re going to work on those things the people want first, too.”

Hence, the survey.

• Alexsandra says:

Remember when Ryan fed his sheep the lines that he didn’t really want the speakership but would take it if he didn’t have to travel a lot, had family time, weekends, etc? Times have changed but so far he’s only caught glimpses of the Trump train whipping past him and circling around him. He’s hung around the station some too, but never really got on the train. Wait until he has no choice but actually at least on occasion get on the train going full throttle. And gets 6 am phone calls from the Boss asking why he’s not at work. Trump won’t have to get rid of him, he’ll bail off the train, or it will run over him. Splat.

• auscitizenmom says:

I don’t want to SECURE our borders. I want to BUILD A WALL. That will Secure our border with Mexico. And, enforcing existing immigration laws. That is a start.

• Wiggy says:

Poor Ryan, he just can’t keep up with intelligent people which explains why he can’t like Trump. He’d rather be with the Obama/Hillary Rebel Rousers.

• Jim Smith says:

Dear Mr. Ryan, all of the above!

2. Pam says:

3. Liked by 2 people

4. Michael says:

So…are we in agreement that Seth Rich was somehow involved in the Wikileaks saga? Very, very odd…

5. Phil aka Felipe says:

Recommended to watch:

Newt Gingrich Speaking LIVE at the The Heritage Foundation now on the Principles of Trumpism.

Q & A After the speech:

6. Pam says:

• NJF says:

Good. What a vile woman.

• Mr. Izz says:

Well, she wasn’t really fired. She was leaving Politico anyway in a week or two. They just ended her contract early. Her new employer doesn’t care what she tweeted, by the way. They think her apology is sufficient enough and they are looking forward to having her on the payroll.

I’ll be honest, I don’t know what is more sickening; the original tweet, or the acceptance of her “work” as a journalist.

7. NJF says:

Hey SD

Anthony Scaramucci (sp?) just outlined your repatriation/bond infurstructure deal on Hannity!

8. Pam says:

9. andrewalinxs says:

Just got to see Stephen Miller on Hannity and wow. That guy is truly the best pick ever for advisor for policy. D.C is not going to know what hit it on day one.

10. Summer says:

Folks, I need your help. I just found a message from Gab sitting in my inbox since Dec 6… telling me that I can now register.
    They ask for ‘user name’ and ‘name’. What’s the difference?

For example, if my ‘user name’ is “Megyn” and my ‘name’ is “Kelly”, would that be displayed as Megyn @Kelly or Kelly @Megyn or I am completely confused and ‘name’ must be my real name? Like, Real Name @UserName?

Thank you in advance.