Sharyl Attkisson Discusses Media Coverage of 2016 Presidential Election…

The media’s bias, elitism, group-think, pearl-clutching and smug condescension has never been more brutally evident as it has been within this election cycle.  There is ZERO credibility remaining within the historic institutions of American media.

Journalism is beyond recovery, it is dead.  However, one of those brave few ,who took the off ramp and avoided the journey to irrelevance a few years ago, is former CBS award winning journalist Sharyl Attkisson.  Here’s her take:

media-bias-4

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

179 Responses to Sharyl Attkisson Discusses Media Coverage of 2016 Presidential Election…

1. patrickhenryrevisited says:

“personally, I’d prefer to see Sharyl Attkisson in that job.”
    Certainly worthy.

• JohnPaulJohnes says:

If she wants it. Nice if was offered.
      I like her as investigative journalist. I think she tries to walk non-partisan line but I am not really sure. Much about Clinton and Obama has been written about her.
      Her book and reporting about Obama made it hard to get another job.

2. Sheryl is one of the last few real journalists I know.

3. WSB says:

I watched all of the LSM explody head shows today. Recorded all of them and just watched. Maybe the last time time I do this. Want to take a break.

Realized that Sharyl would be on Howie’s show today. Made my entire year. Sharyl is phenomenal, honest and ‘gets’ it.

Yes, Sundance. Sharyl would be an exquisite pick.

• donebydesign says:

It was refreshing to hear her (the guest) speak without provocation or interruption.
      She made a lot of sense. As much as I like Hannity, he would have ruined this interview.
      Glad I watched, thanx for posting.

• WSB says:

Agreed. Yes, thank you. And Sharyl’s new haircut is wonderful!

• flova says:

Atkisson worked for CBS Rhodes, brother to Obama’s communications strategist until 2013. She toed the network’s line until Obama was reelected in 2012.

In 2010 CBS in tandem with their masters, the Obama administration’s DOJ, allowed her to interview whistleblower in the Fast and Furious case John Dodson. She also played devil’s advocate getting inside info from the real investigative journalists covering that story at atfcleanup and sipsey street.

In short Atkisson would NEVER have been able to conduct that CBS interview without the permission of the MSM ‘s puppet masters at the White House and their left wing corporate CEO’s. So ask yourself, why did they allow it?

And why did Atkisson, if she is on the up and up, not come out in 2008 railing against Obama’s known connections to Wright, Ayers, Klonsky, Van Jones,his early days in DSA, etc? And why did she wait until after the 2012 election to resign from CBS after all the damage was done?

By 2013- 2014, the winds of change were blowin’ in the direction of conservative media and Fox news. Michael Savage said it best one day, of all the so-called journalists he knew, 99.9% were self-serving only interested in their own climb to success. In his estimate, after he met Andrew Breitbart, he excluded him from this group. But Atkisson is another hired gun who could have come out swingin’ in 2008 against Obama but would have lost her job at CBS.

We the people have suffered through 8 years of mainstream media hacks like her and now because she was smart enough to realize the tide was turning in 2013 and headed over to Fox with bigger ratings, I say stop glorifying these people.

The press secretary should be a scrapper, a real online citizen journalist who has been truth telling for the last 8 years. Somebody here at CTH or Breitbart or lesser known sites.

l

• 2x4x8 says:

yes, Mike Gallagher is worse at having guests and not letting them talk, road hog

4. freepetta says:

I love Laura Ingraham, I believe she would be an amazing press secretary. She is a phenomenal speaker!

• WSB says:

I like Laura a lot. She fell victim to the blue pill for awhile, though, because of her sponsors and her bosses. Then, she made a decision to dismiss the pressure. I am not sure how that happened. Would like to know more.

• justfactsplz says:

I think Laura’s Christian faith had a lot to do with her decision to dismiss the liberal pressure. She chose a path where she could live with herself and her decisions.

• freepetta says:

I will tell you, I watched her when she practiced law, she is a very good attorney and her journalism with lifette has helped remold her a bit. I think in between those parts of her life she had some personal issues to deal with.

I don’t know Laura personally, but she’s the kind of woman I would enjoy being friends with. She’s definitely not the wall flower type.

• TheseTruths says:

“She fell victim to the blue pill for awhile…”
        I was suspicious of Laura for some time, for that reason. But if her support for Trump and his policies is as genuine as it appears to be, she has a lot going for her. In an interview before one of the debates she was spouting off things that could be said as well as effective debate strategies. She is quick on her feet, has experience talking and defending positions, and is very sharp-witted.

I don’t know as much about Sharyl’s ability to debate and be ready with comebacks. She seems quieter, and I picture her more behind the keyboard. But I respect her tremendously as the consummate journalist with integrity.

5. Any of them — Sharyl, Ann or Laura — will make liberal heads explode.

I wouldn’t go for Ann. She’s a little too erratic and impulsive.

6. If you want to see the entire media/establishment intelligentsia absolutely have a china syndrome style meltdown, there is one and only one choice for WH Press Secretary:
    Milo Yiannopolous

7. 4bleu says:

she has a calm poise that is good for press secretary who is seen by everyone, domestic and international

8. ejay says:

Yes, please choose Sheryl. She is already in the profession and is unassailable.

• WSB says:

Sharyl may want to stay neutral. It’s her brand.

• dbobway says:

Sheryl Atkinson would be great.

I have a feeling, she has a bright and rich future in TV.

With this present wave, something has to give with TV news.

Fox is un-watchable, but for Dobbs, Hannity, and Trish Regan is good.

The rest are worse.

A news show that mixes virtue with common sense would be huge.

Are their any liberals out there who could contribute on such a news show?

What they believe is hard to describe with those limitations, I suppose.

9. MouseTheLuckyDog says:

Isn’t Carl Icahn starting some sort of news network?
    She might be more appropriate for a lead spot there. Like Tony Snow on Fox back when it was good.

10. M33 says:

I second Sundance’s motion!
    Boy, would the media be freaking out on that one!

• Peoria Jones says:

After suing the DoJ due to that unfortunate computer-hacking debacle, I guess so!

But she strikes me as perhaps too laid-back. She’s a Florida native, from the Sarasota area. No surprise she’s not an outwardly flaming lib.

11. sharyl – a very classy lady. excellent recommendation. showcase integrity.

12. justfactsplz says:

Sharyl Attkisson is one of a dying breed, a true journalist. She would make a perfect choice for press secretary. She dresses for success, never looks one bit frumpy, and has the credentials to be successful at that endeavor. She is very classy and would fit in with our very classy president very well. I love Ann and Laura also but think Sharyl is best suited for the job.

• deanbrh says:

I wouldn’t recommend anyone I liked for Press Secretary as long as the room is full of MSM hacks that want to bite her head off and argue with her. Nobody messed with Tony Snow. He was superb! And then there was Dana Perino. A Goody-Two-Shoes self-absorbed brat second only to Megyn.

13. Kokanee says:

Milo!

14. janc1955 says:

My goodness but Sundance is cranking em out today! I can’t read nearly as fast as he can write and post!

15. oldschool64 says:

Sharyl would be my first pick as well. I could also live with Greta Van Susteren in that spot.

Both seem to lean Trump(Sharyl more so), but I think the job is more about advocacy than accuracy.

16. Geri Smith says:

Sharyl is the best. I remember her from her CNN days as a rookie. She was great then. Would love to see her get a main position in the Trump administration or on a respectable news show.

• deanbrh says:

Hey Geri, lead me to that “respectable news show”. Or were you like me, dreaming that Trump will one day own a channel/station that actually does REPORT the news.

17. starfcker says:

Putting Steve Bannon in the white house tells you that things are going to be quite different. Hey Sundance, do you have your media credential, and front row seat in the white house press room yet. If you don’t, WHY NOT?

18. Stringy theory says:

I would cancel those daily press circius acts and simply have someone hand out a printed copy of whatever Tump wants to say. Take away the White House credentials of most of the prestitutes.

• MaineCoon says:

^^^Like^^^. No more succumbing to MSM format. Create a new one. Printed press release would be hard to veer. From to much … although MSM would try. Make their own news, in their own way, on a new network, and skip the MSM interviews. Create. A new mold and break the old one. Don’t keep fighting it, be a part of it.. Eliminate it.

• Skittles says:

Another great idea! Why not suggest it to Trump?

• Tom says:

Why hand it out ? Have a press esction on the official White House website and the prsstitute can get the talking oints from there, right along with the rest of us. Take away the enemedia’s monopoly on 1st access information. Come into the 21st Century. Press briefings are overrated, and likely to be distorted by the lib media.

19. Sentient says:

The thing that Sharyl and Howie didn’t address was that it’s not just about journalists’ biases. The command to slant the news came from on high from the Uniparty.

20. paulraven1 says:

“There have been rumors about Laura Ingraham being considered for White House Press Secretary; personally, I’d prefer to see Sharyl Attkisson in that job.”

Right you are. Her or Tammy Bruce.

21. Sloth1963 says:

That whole interview was pretty weird to me. Hi Sharyl. Please tell us how to do our jobs while we are on the air. Who’s the market for that? Still, I like Sharyl. She always comes across as classy and serious at the same time. I originally liked Harris Faulkner for press. She has a way of questioning that doesn’t put the subject on constant alert but she always gets them to give up a bit more meat than they probably wanted to. Kinda the way Barbra Walters used to be, and still is when she puts her mind to it. Maybe Harris is better off doing what she’s doing.

22. coltlending says:

She would be fantastic as Press Secretary.

What the UniParty & media put her through was deplorable.

I am a yuge fan!

She is one of the greatest of all time in her field.

23. distracted2 says:

I like Sharyl, too. I also like Laura. I think she’s less polarizing than Ann Coulter. If I were choosing, though, I would choose Harris Faulkner. Love that woman!

• deanbrh says:

When she used to do breaking news on weekends, before she “proved herself” to FOX, she was so quick especially in crisis situations like a shooter at a school, when news keeps coming in fast and furious. She didn’t just jabber or fool around stalling for the next direction from someone. She’s just really articulate on the fly, and always looks beautiful.

• rvsueandcrew says:

Who is “she”? Some of us haven’t watched television for decades so we can’t pick up the context clues very well….

• deanbrh says:

Sorry, usually the Reply from a Comment attaches to the Comment so you know who it is, but sometimes not, so I’ll be more careful. I was taking about Harris Faulkner, a beautiful smart black FOX News personality.

24. quintrillion says:

James O’Keefe

25. @SpaglishKC says:

Hmm… I think Sundance is sweet on Sharryl…not that I blame him

26. NJF says:

Saw this earlier. Very good interview.

27. Buck Weaver (@BuckWeaver27) says:

As long as we’re throwing names out there, what about Katrina Pierson?

28. silverlakela says:

Everyone is now laughing at the people who ridiculed and laughed.

When People Laughed At The Idea Of Trump Actually Being Elected President! [Compilation]

• MaineCoon says:

He who laughs lasts usually. Laughs loudest! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Bendix says:

You know what made me laugh again? I was reminiscing about how candidate Trump (in a field of 17), took out the Uniparty man with a little standup bit about how low energy he was.
        He wasn’t supposed to do that! Oh how the media whined! Oh how we laughed!

29. RedBallExpress says:

I like Jesse Ventura. You can’t believe how bad the media hates him in MN to this day.

30. Toronto Tonto says:

I agree Sharyl Atkinson would be fantastic.

31. PNW Lifer says:

Omarosa would be a formidable WH spokesperson.

• starfcker says:

I’ve been thinking about omarosa, too. Don’t know why, but she’s smart and feisty and punches two or three boxes for an administration that could care less about punching boxes. I have no idea how she stacks up.

32. FLEEVY says:

Don’t appoint a press secretary, and don’t talk to the press. They’re a bunch of liars anyway, why give them any succor?

33. NorthIdaho says:

Don’t care for Sharyl Attkisson – at all. Never have. Don’t know why. Same with Laura Ingraham. Really ambitious? I watched this program on Fox. I was horrified at the way they are still treating the President-Elect. All of them. Disgusting.

34. Jedi9 says:

I agree, and she would be my first choice, simply because she stayed true to herself and to her journalistic integrity and I would like to see her rewarded. IMO, this is a stand up woman, one I could trust. A very nice woman too!

35. kltk1 says:

While I’d love to see Laura as press secretary, if they could pull off getting Sharyl Atkisson I’d far prefer that. She’s incredibly talented and, I think, carries a better tone.

That said, my money is on Omarosa. I think that’s how you spell her name.

36. lurker99 says:

While Ann, Laura, Sharyl Harris & Omarosa would be choices for this role,

Why would they want to deal with people who stand up on chairs to ask questions?

They stand out in a field of jerks — why would they want the daily exposure these “press” people.

• georgiafl says:

Good idea – Mr. Trump could eliminate the White House Press Pool entirely.

Release his statements in writing and answer questions in writing.

That way he won’t have to deal with media bias, slanting, bending, false narratives, manipulation, etc.

Let them report outside the fence and off the premises.

37. Gov Jay says:

Have to dissent here… While Sharyl Attkisson is a fine journalist, she seems to lean to the left; she appears more concerned with proper protocol and not “offending” anyone… What’s needed here is a pure-bred attack dog that isn’t afraid to call out the Marxist media with respect to their leftist loon agenda and blatant distortions of the truth… Don’t laugh, Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos would be perfect… if a press secretary is absolutely necessary…

• georgiafl says:

Please not Milo. He has his own career being outré and he needs to go on with that.

Mr. Trump can’t risk his administration’s rescue of the entire Western world on a comic/satire media personality.

38. Sundance and Treepers: How about a thread on how Trump should organize to achieve a Media Turnaround.

What Goals: Integrity, Fact-Based Contributions, Anti-Trust, etc.

How to Organize: Chief of Media Integrity, Press Secretary, etc.

How to Lead: …

39. georgiafl says:

Perhaps Corey Lewinsky or Katrina Pierson. Both have that ‘give-no-ground’ firmness.

The big name personalities (Sharyl, Laura, Ann, Kellyanne) have their own careers and it would be a step down for them to work as WH Press Secretary.

40. Paige Cohen says:

All of the selections above would be great. Here’s my pick: Mark Simone. If you are from the NY area, you know him well. He is close friends with Trump, he knows how Trump thinks, he is very smart, he handles liberals brilliantly with humor and adroit ridicule. The WH press would be putty in his hands.

41. joshua says:

How about Trump picks a NON MEDIA person for his offices and forget hiring the MSM or the Alternative “Journalist/talkshow/hired gun and book writers” to be part of the FEDERAL GOVT????
    Everyone needs to cool their jets and relax for awhile…IMHO

42. Skittles says:

I haven’t seen this name mentioned, so I’ll toss it out there. What about Jeanine Pirro??? Of course, she has her own career like several of the other people do, but she would certainly make lefty heads explode and be nonstop fun fun FUN!

43. Bring back Carney. He would have to tell the truth and repent for his sins and we could watch sploading heads

44. maggiemoowho says:

Ivanka for press secretary, but probably not allowed because she is family.

45. KBR says:

Sherriff David Clarke for Press Secretary!

46. trapper says:

With Reince in as chief of staff, I now like Kellyanne for head of the RNC. Show all the pearl clutchers how to win again. Running campaigns and keeping everyone on message – right up her alley.

47. scotl70 says:

I’d like to see Ann or Milo as press secretary just because it would REALLY annoy those liberal press scumbags.

48. Zelda says:

At some time, Trump needs to look into defunding NPR.