This will not end well for shareholders of stocks in PepsiCo.  Macy’s business model collapsed after they took a similarly adversarial position toward candidate Donald Trump in 2015.  Now that Donald Trump has won the presidency, PepsiCo is following the same path as Macy’s.

Business organizations, and various boards of directorship, who hire these insufferable political activists within their corporations, are fools for allowing their shareholders to be put at risk by their Chief Executive Officers.

Trust me on this (we follow these impacts), regardless of whether or not you agree or disagree with Indra Nooyi sell any Pepsico stock asap.  If you have a 401K find out if it’s invested in PepsiCo and see if you can find a way out of it.

pepsico-1

(Via Yahoo News) PepsiCo’s CEO said the election of Donald Trump as president was terrifying her employees.

“I had to answer a lot of questions from my daughters, from our employees. They were all in mourning,” PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi told Andrew Ross Sorkin at The New York Times’ DealBook conference on Thursday.

“Our employees were all crying,” she said.

After congratulating Trump for his success, Nooyi, who supported Democrat Hillary Clinton in the presidential race, said everyone in the US needed assurance of their safety.

“What we heard was election talk,” she said.  Nooyi also said she was disgusted more generally by the language that has been used to discuss women in recent months.   (read more with video)

Forbes has additional quotes:

[…]  “Forget about the Pepsi brand. How dare you talk about women that way,” Nooyi said on Thursday morning, referring to comments Trump made on the campaign trail.  “If we don’t nip this in the bud it is going to be a lethal force in society,” Nooyi added (read more)

Here are the primary retail brands of Pepsico:

pepsico-2

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Clinton(s), Cultural Marxism, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, media bias, Muslim Grievance Industry - MGI, Occupy Type Moonbats, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots. Bookmark the permalink.

790 Responses to Massive Stewardship Fail – PepsiCo CEO Tells Trump Supporters to Take Their Business Elsewhere…

1. RHONDA F SHERRILL says:

Mt Dew is not going to be bought anymore with my money! It’s just that simple! Going to get rid of your stock in my 401 as of today!

2. Rob says:

This is the woman who removed the word GOD from the Pledge of Allegiance when Pepsi put it on their soda cans.

3. Theresa says:

No problem. Cutting your nose off despite your face is a dumb idea! We will see how this works out for them!

4. Mary Hall says:

Done, done and gone.

5. JoeS says:

And we have another winner. “Packetsled” CEO makes threats against DJT:

6. Davy says:

Dang it! Why did it have to be Cheetos!

7. Brenda Totherow says:

DONE WITH PEPSI ! LOVE MY PRESIDENT! GO TRUMP!

8. danielb8 says:

Yet it was okay for Mrs Clinton to invite (
    I heard she paid bucks to have) two singers come to boost her low attendance…whose lyrics were disgusting…

9. kajag13 says:

Maybe I missed it but I do not see anywhere that she tole Trump supporters to take their business elsewhere. I saw the usual rhetoric about being scared (for no reason!) but where does she tell Trump supporters to no support them?

• Raven says:

My husband read the article too and said that no where in the article did Indra Nooyi tell Trump supporters to take their business elsewhere.

There are a lot of snowflakes running around claiming their feelings are hurt, including this woman describing some of her employees, but as head of a company this woman did not tell us to take our business elsewhere (at least not in the article linked).

• AZ_Giggles says:

…and not in the video either.

I do like the way that Yahoo re-arranged her comments though, so that the most “neutral” sounding comments came at the end of the article, as though she was advocating for support of our President-Elect “The process of democracy happened,” she said. “We just need to let life go on.” <- she said that at the very beginning of the interview.

Other notes from the video (forgive inacurracies due to my paraphrasing):
        abt6min mark:
        the interviewer brought up the Trump’s women comments, the article made it seem like she brought it up.

7min
        q: health/climate change/water
        a: we didn’t do it for trump, we believe it anyway. recycling plastic, using less water, also saves money. We’re just saying we’re going to spend money/earn it a different way. I don’t care who is the white house, we are operating the way we think a company should be operated.

nooyi talks about working on making the products more healthy, basic ingredients, wants customers to be healthy.

q: soda tax, thoughts?
        a: soda tax is fix budget issues, it’s not about helping people be healthy. I want to make soda healthy. Everyone loves bubbles, everyone likes caffeine, it’s the sugar that’s the problem. We’ve found problems with the artificial sweeteners, so we are going to re-train your palette to just like less sugar.

13: taxes (I started zoning out, this was getting ridiculous, she was speaking about obesity and stuff)

Hopefully, all of those came through with decent formatting.

PS I REALLY hate it when the interviewer’s response to an answer is “look, I’m just asking the question” what is WITH people refuising to take responsibility? Even for words coming out of their mouths? and why haven’t we replaced these warm-blooded robots with ACTUAL robots?

PPS I feel like this interview was a bit of a set-up, the interviewer brought up the most damaging topics that she talked about.

• Thom Stewart says:

They did not necessarily mean an actual statement, but actions that expressed that sentiment. She obviously hates Trump and, by association, Trump supporters. If you can’t manage to boycott them, don’t. The rest of us will struggle along without you and your husband. I love my country far more than ANY lousy PepsiCo product and can live fine without them. I’ll save money, be in better health, and find new and likely better things and products to replace them. Her statements were lies. She is an ultra liberal! I am not!

10. DIEDRA says:

Ask you employees if they are criminals cause if they are they will be the ones leaving. THE CRIMINALS

11. Maryann Christensen says:

Bye bye pepsi

12. JohnP says:

PepsiCo has dropped $4.00 a share since the election. If we make it $15.00 the shareholders will boot her ass.

13. George says:

Gladly will do. Enjoy the excess supply because demand won’t be there anymore. Go Trump go

14. Toddster says:

‘“And the question that they’re asking, especially those who are not white, ‘Are we safe?’ Women are asking, ‘Are we safe?’ LGBT people are asking, ‘Are we safe?’ I never thought I would have to answer those questions.”’

Wow, do they really employ such stupid people? Are the woman thinking the President will personally grope them? LOL. Trump is the most LGBT-friendly Republican President ever. Did they “get scared” when Bush won? Would they have gotten scared if Cruz won? Retards.

15. Dennis says:

Thank god I hate Pepsi! Now knowing the rest of the company’s they have their hands in will save me some money. Can’t wait to watch pepsi co. publicly burn to the ground. Sad that ignorant people may lose jobs but such is life when you do and say stupid things

16. Deb says:

Wow, what a mistake to make a comment like that. No problem, I’m done buying your products.

17. Steve street says:

I’m very limited on drinks because of kidney stones. I prefer 7/up to others like it. I guess I’ll do Sprite

18. Ernest says:

Until he is fired, no more Pepsico products

19. Mike says:

Apparently only half her employees are crying.

20. josamky says:

You do realize Aldis is a german owned company right? I work for Pepsi bottling side of PepsiCo and she does not speak for a large number of its employees…boycotting an American company because of stupid words of its CEO is like boycotting the election, like a huge number of liberal crybabies are, because Donal Trump said some offensive things…you destroy American families when you boycott American companies when they end up laying off american workers…Think on that

21. tolea says:

Ok, where in the article did she say that she wanted Trump supporters to take their business elsewhere? It did state that she congratulated him on his win and in the video/article attachment she said that going forward that we all need to work together. Of course I think her statements are ridiculous and borderline childish, but the article title is misleading- the liberal community is heinous enough without making false statements about what they say and do- that’s their angle.

22. Bill says:

I’m done with all these products!!!!!

23. Lee Mcginty says:

What party has been spewing hate ? Democrats have been creating violence through out the election, So as for me I will have nothing to do with anything or anybody associated with Pepsi

24. Doug Alexander says:

I plan on circulating this continuously
    Just like the whiny celebrities who THOUGHT they were more important than they really were and could be replaced and forgotten…you had to open your big mouths (Pepsico) and flex the muscle.
    Only problem is…we the people have spoken and we are billions strong and now that you demand we boycott you..it is YOU who will now hurt the very people you claim to want to protect.
    You may wish to publicly rescind this and look more closely at your officials who wish to take millions of revenue out of your pockets
    Your idiotic and whiny ass temper tantrums make you no better than the rioting protesters

25. We haven’t bought Pepsi in years. Now we have even more reason not to do so.

“Our employees were all crying.” What nonsense.

26. Jeanie says:

Let’s not forget that taco Bell, KFC and pizza hut are part of PepsiCo also.

27. Victoria Heller says:

I will never purchase another Pepsi product.

28. Gretchen Naxwell says:

I support Trump, and you dear CEO lady perpetuate a falsehood that any citizen is in danger. Shame on you. I will never buy your products again. I am contacting my FA to sell my stock in your company.

29. TJ says:

“Are we safe?” Really? REALLY? If conservatives had reacted in 2008 and 2012 like the liberals are reacting now, the media would have cast us as delusional nut jobs with no grasp on reality. No you have Li deals literally crying like babies because the people of America stood up and said “enough is enough”. You act as if this is the end of the world. Like Trump sent out lynching crews for all non-whites. Unless you’re here illegally, you have nothing to be concerned about. If you are here illegally, well…that’s on you now isn’t it. Actions have consequences. The liberals need to stop acting all high and mighty and show a little humility once in awhile. You lost this round just like we lost the last two. The only difference is in 2008, we all woke up and went to work. Now you guys are out there destroying your cities through protest (read riot) and blaming it on Trump. Grow up.

30. Ron says:

Pepsi replied back to my email, telling them that I won’t be buying anymore Pepsi products or their other brands because she is unfairly criticizing our great president elect . They must be feeling the squeeze… here’s the reply, sorry it’s so long:

“Dear Ron,
    Thank you for writing.

One of the truths that emerged from this election is that the mainstream media often fails to present a straightforward account of current events.

Unfortunately, the coverage of Ms. Nooyi’s recent comments reflects this. Some media outlets chose to present her remarks in a fashion that captured neither the spirit of her message nor the context in which they were given. For example, you would never know from the headlines that the very first thing she did when the topic of the election came up was to congratulate the President-elect Trump. She also highlighted three primary points of his agenda.

The following are excerpts from the discussion that provide a more complete view of her statements.

“First of all, I want to congratulate President-elect Donald Trump.”
    “We will all come together and unify the country.”
    “At some point, we’re going to have to pick up the big issues of technological unemployment, global trade, immigration — all of which needs reform.”

Separately, the morning after the election, Ms. Nooyi sent a letter to PepsiCo employees making the following points:

“Yesterday, across this country, Americans turned out in record numbers to make their voices heard. I want to congratulate President-elect Donald Trump on his victory, and I wish him all the best as he begins the work of stewarding this country in the months and years ahead.”
    “I do hope that starting today, we can begin the process of healing, the process of overcoming the divisions that have been exposed during this campaign. I hope that starting today, we can refocus on the work of forging a partnership with one another to build our common future.”
    “We are, first and foremost, Americans. We are, first and foremost, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, who want a better life for ourselves and our families. And the only way of ushering in that better life, the only way of moving forward as a country, is by walking together, hand-in-hand.”

The coverage by mainstream media, while it may have made for clickable headlines, misrepresented Ms. Nooyi’s views.

Thanks again for writing. I hope this further information is helpful.

PepsiCo Consumer Relations”

31. Christal Picard says:

Done with any company and any celebrity who took place in this .. if you care who uses your products or watch your movies or listens to your music then you would care not to get involved in politics one sided . Done and boycotting you all and sharing with my many deplorable friends who voted trump and we all know by him winning that’s a lot

32. John says:

4 restaurants Nice knowing you Pepsi here comes Coke

33. Tina Estes says:

I think Trump supporters should SUE Pepsi & other businesses for DISCRIMINATION, cause that is what their saying, displaying & showing, if PRIVATE bakeries can be sued for not or refusing to back wedding cakes for gay people, this is no different, they may not be refusing to sell to Trump voters, but their telling them not buy their products because of who they voted for?!! That’s BLANTANT DISCRIMINATION & they should be sued!!!

34. Karen Smith says:

Ron, that letter is a classic cover your rear end letter. :/

35. John says:

Your CEO is in News and print Trying to save your ass sorry not going to work better replace her fast before you lose the Pepsi Company.

36. Deplorable Jeff says:

I don’t see a denial anywhere in all that babble…..

37. Greg Miller says:

Come one pepsi get your head out of your ass, you just pissed off half of America, not a good business strategy.

38. David Powell says:

Done with Pepsi, which is my favorite drink and Fritos and all the others
    listed here! Good bye!

39. Annie says:

At least Trump tells it like it is and does not need to hide women under his desk (in the oval office).
    What are people missing here. B. Clinton did a lot of good for the country despite his “short cummings”. Let’s at least look forward to a massive sea change for the better for all and not repeat the past of deceit and corruption to benefit the few.

40. justina says:

That’s sad. Mtn Dew was my favorite. See ya Pepsi

41. John says:

I believe her comments were a very cynical ploy to appeal to their core demographics (teens, millennials and Hispanics) (see http://marketrealist.com/2014/11/understanding-soft-drink-industrys-key-markets/) in response to a four percent drop in Pepsico’s stock in the two days following the election. Note the election was 11/8, when Pepsico stock was at a 52 week high of $108.72. Alas, it kept dropping after her comments and I predict the decline will be come more precipitous as she figures out that the people who made teens one of her key demographics are their parents, half of whom (statistically) supported Trump.

42. kek says:

Indra Nooyi tell your employees to save their tears they’ll need them when the job cuts come from your failed identity politics and fear Anti-American fear mongering. Pepsi sales will plummet by at least 50% over the next year unless Pepsi decides to do the right thing and fire you now. #have-a-coke-and-a-smile

43. David says:

Refuse to eat at Golden Corrals Free Military Appreciation dinner tonight for the first time in 8 years and will no longer patronize their resturaunts. Als notified my favorite Greek restaurant I will no loger eat there. Why? Pepsi Products. Consumer Products companies want to get involved with politics prepare for the backlash. I think the moron they have National Chains selling their products.

44. Dennis Hartford says:

This morning, we notified our PepsiCo rep to remove all products from our small group of convenience stores. Admittedly, we are a drop in the bucket. However, we are very deplorable.

45. Misty says:

Never will I buy another one of their products. See ya

46. Debbie says:

No problem! Pepsi sucks anyway and now that I know all the products they produce I won’t buy those either. I’m boycotting Wal-Mart and Target already so Pepsi products won’t be my first.

47. Vincent Orr says:

I guess I’m done buying Pepsi products or associating with their businesses.

48. Received this in response to my email.

Dear Bill,

Thank you for writing.

“First of all, I want to congratulate President-elect Donald Trump.”
    “We will all come together and unify the country.”

Thanks again for writing. I hope this further information is helpful.

PepsiCo Consumer Relations
    063385181A

49. free73735 says:

I guess I missed the part of her(CEO) suggesting not to support Trump also. I re-listened to it several times. Not saying she didn’t, just that I didn’t draw that conclusion. I agree with josamky who works for Pepsi bottling. There are many jobs on the line here, let’s be more careful. Appreciated ron (11-14-16) sharing his response from Pepsi. Is it a typical “form letter” to CYA? Do we really know? If it is, it can be utilized effectively against them. I worked 20 years as a Dept Manager in a small family owned grocery store.(They had 5 stores & in business 60+ years) I also worked 12 years(simultaneously) for ACL Nielsen Mkt Research. One thing I can assure you, is business practices are taken very seriously! I realize that many are quick to “strike back” because of being on “the defense” for President Trump. However let us be more thoughtful of the effectiveness of the actions taken.

Comments are closed.