November 9th – Post 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

Today we dance.  You did it.  Congratulations U.S.A.

There will be some post-election debriefing as we assemble some important discussion threads.  However, consider this an open discussion thread as we boldly assert, with all the righteous resolve each of you deserve:

2010_01-19-can-you-hear-us-nowtrump-grin-2

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016. Bookmark the permalink.

1,771 Responses to November 9th – Post 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

1. Hope everyone goes to DC for inauguration. Call your Congressperson for tickets. Inauguration is on a Friday, let’s rock Washington.

2. Jason says:

3. Vixey says:

Woke up this morning, and still can’t believe our guy won. We did it, Treepers!! Haven’t felt this overjoyed and full of hope over an election in a long time. I’m still doing my happy dance today, doubt I’ll get any work done lol

Winning sure feels good! 🙂

4. JohnP says:

The Democratic Underground say they were hacked.

I say they took their site down because they didn’t want to listen to hours of whining.

5. John G. McLachlan says:

Sudden cash-flow problem for the Clinton Foundation.

6. Galadriel says:

Hi Everybody! Just want to say thank you to everyone on this website for your positive attitude, wisdom, and inspiration that you share. A special thanks to Sundance for doing the research and sharing with us his invaluable knowledge!

I made 2307 phone calls for the Trump campaign from the Auburn, CA Trump office and am so glad I could make that small contribution to the fight. We made calls in Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio, and Arizona. I want to say that the last 2 days we made calls in North Carolina and I talked to very few people voting for you-know-who. It was mostly Trump supporters. I’m convinced there was fraud taking place in NC and I hope it does not go un-investigated or unpunished. But besides that, Happy, Happy Day!

7. Summer says:

Kelly Ayotte lost her Senate seat… is that right?

Can I start 🎉🍾 ?

8. BakoCarl says:

The Morning After

It’s a wondrous morning after.
    After the tally’s done last night
    We are waking to the sunshine.
    We are walking in the light.

Oh, can’t you see this morning after?
    Restored freedom lights the day
    With sparkling sounds of joy and laughter
    In our homes so bright and gay.

Freedom’s light; a blessing from God.
    It’s up to us to ask and pray.
    All from His grace, we should be awed
    That we’re set aright, after going astray.

We must be humble and seek His face,
    Then He will hear and by His hand
    His blessings come, and by His grace
    He’ll reach out to heal our land.

On this day we’ll all be giving
    Grateful thanks to God above
    For His mercies and our living
    Safe in His hands, our God of love.

9. Risin'Tide says:

I have to stop and offer my congratulations to the new president and everyone who visits this site and to Sundance for the faithful posts to reveal the truth to us readers.

But I also have to share something which I’ve been holding back since the Republican convention. After reading this some of you may get this, others may have already thought or even discussed it here. It may be the same things that you’ve seen and what drew you to Donald Trump.

I must admit that over the decades, I’ve never thought much of Trump as anything other than a billionaire playboy. Then he threw his hat in the ring last year and I thought much of what the media howled about since that time regarding him.

However, I’d seen a few interviews with him on Fox where he discussed his background as a young man. I also heard about how he handled his businesses in regard to people and rewarding talent.

But during the convention, I heard his sons speak and, though I cannot remember exactly what they said that triggered me, I sat from the couch, yanked out of my doubts and assumptions with a singled question: who is Francisco d’Anconia? Now some of you hanging out here at the treehouse may have read Atlas Shrugged as I have. But for those who haven’t, he is a character in the book who lives as a rich playboy that everyone thinks squanders his superior talents. He is someone who worked all levels of the family business to know who to run the business. He’s even someone who has an inexplicable financial meltdown. Does this start to sound familiar? As I said, words where spoken that triggered me that night. I was astounded at the thought that all along Donald Trump has gas-lighted everyone into thinking he was a billionaire playboy when he’s something completely different. The similarities are extremely uncanny to say the least. It’s almost as if the character was his template.

This notion intrigued me so much that I began considering voting for him – not that Clinton was ever a consideration for me. I realized that Trump did not merely inherit money for his business, he’d had to earn trust by working at lower levels to understand how other people lived and worked. He also had to learn to spot talent and reward it as a means to build and keep a good business. I mentioned this to a few friends to gauge their reaction. Some reacted with amazement that this might be the case about Trump. Others really couldn’t make anything of it, not having read Atlas Shrugged. I even asked my now college freshman daughter who had read the book (incidentally, upon completing the book she told me she completely understood why I believe the things I do). My first question was, “Who is John Galt?” which is the refrain asked over and over. My next question to my daughter was, “Who is Donald Trump?” My daughter laughed. I then asked, “Who is Francisco d’Anconia?” My daughter stopped laughing and, in dismay, said, “That can’t be!”

I voted for Trump, not simply because I don’t want Clinton and all that she represents. I voted for Trump because I saw in him an objectivist revolt whether his movement followers fully realize it or not. I am intrigued that Trump may well be nothing that even the media or the many political types think they know he is. I voted for him because he is likely to have gas-lighted the professional gas-lighters and beat them at their own game. I hope he keeps it up and pushes a paradigm change that is much needed for this country to function as it should.

My only questions that remain are:
    Who is John Galt? (aside from all the regular people waiting for their opportunity to shine in this country) and who is Ragnar Danneskjöld? These are the other 2 characters who make of Rand’s triumvirate of objectivists fighting the good fight. Who might the be? I have my thoughts and some of you who are familiar with Atlas Shrugged might have yours as well.

I’m hopeful about what I see today and I’m trying to lift the spirits of those thoughtful people who are discouraged. I don’t think Trump (or anyone) is without faults. However, I truly think that Trump is an agent of change in the right direction rather than the drift into enslavement. Let me know your thoughts on the subject and I’ll reply as I can.

• azgulch says:

WOW. Like your thinking.

• Galadriel says:

This is a brilliant observation. It seems that in this election, nothing has been as it appears on the surface. We have all been required to look past our preconceived ideas about pretty much everyone and everything, and that takes both intelligence and a willingness to admit that you were wrong, which is very hard.

• Katherine McCoun says:

insightful and food for thought. thanks for sharing

• Cathie says:

Been re-reading Atlas Shrugged (for the 20th time) over the past 30 days and, at first thought of Hank Reardon but Tide, you are completely right. Trump is Francisco. I do believe that Ayn is looking down on Trump along with his parents and she is smiling. 🙂

• Risin'Tide says:

Thanks. I think that Dagny and Hank represent those of use who have soldiered on, trying to do the right things in an uphill struggle. I’ll share my thoughts later on who I liken some of the other characters.

• Disgusted says:

Tide, You have just lengthened my Christmas List beyond a copy of “Animal Farm” and “Brave New World”, I now also want “Atlas Shrugged”. I’m adding you to my other list along with Sundance, headed “Who IS this Person???” So crazy how we have no idea who we are thanking here on the internet! Real thinking brains and voices, remaining anonymous, seems so wrong! But if this is the way they want it, gotta accept it.

• Risin'Tide says:

I think the anonymity is handy for us all. We all have our uses and functions as white hats, sharing good things to others as we can. I’m working today to inform people of what I believe just happened so they can process it, whether in or out of the Deplorable movement, and perhaps get even more people thinking with open eyes as we move forward…

• frank says:

Put “1984” on your list.

• Deb says:

Fahrenheit 451 is a must read as well.

• Thanks for the reminder to re-read Atlas Shrugged. Didn’t know what I was going to do with my freed up Trump rally time, now I know.

• Risin'Tide says:

Better have lots of time for that book! It’s dense and chewy for the mind!

• Sandra says:

I never read that book in high school as many others did. I think I was 35 when I read it. It was so great, so absorbing, I had a really hard time putting it down. I remember I lost a lot of sleep that week. 🙂 It’s not a perfect novel but it’s definitely well worth reading.

• Risin'Tide says:

It took me a long time to read. I would read something and then hear the same ideas in expressed in news broadcasts and stop reading or watching in utter disgust at this nation’s predicament. Then I’d get over it and read more…

• BibleBullet says:

Interesting observation. You know, I’ve been thinking along similar lines lately. Remember in that latest set of Batman movies how Bruce Wayne pretend to be a playboy as a distraction, so that no one ever knows he is Batman?

I find it hard to believe that if he truly is the playboy that he acts like, that he would be so kind as to stop a mugging or hire poor people off the street the way he does. Usually playboys don’t care. They don’t have a conscience. Only their own fun matters. It’s quite a contradiction in his character….

• Risin'Tide says:

Agreed. The persona fools a lot of people because we think of fiction as just that. His traits that trickle out speak louder than the mask…

10. As Sea says:

Thank you SUNDANCE! I started reading CTH around the Michael Brown case, and it preserved my sanity and critical thinking. When I checked back early in the election I found everyone rooting for TRUMP, and came to see what made his campaign unique, being outside the UNIPARTY. I came aboard, and CTH helped us all evade phony gaslighting tricks a million times during the primary and the general! THANK YOU!

11. georgiafl says:

TRUMP SOCIAL MEDIA EXPLOSION!
    Trump social media numbers are moving up almost as fast as the US Debt clock (and sadly, faster than the hours/minutes until his inauguration*).

TWITTER

2,929,610 – 2pm – 11/7
    3,072,896 – 1:30am 11/9
    3,073,706 – 1:36am 11/9
    3,081,288 – 2am 11/9
    3,402,641 – 2pm – 11/9

Trump Social media

*Inauguration Day! – https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170120T00&p0=263&msg=Time+left+until+Obama+leaves+office&csz=1

12. james23 says:

HI all,
    Office slave here, trying to keep up.
    Did MICH, MINN, ARIZ and NH get called yet?

• JohnP says:

Michigan – Trump
      Minnesota – Clinton
      Arizona – still has two counties Maricopa and Pima outstanding – Trump leads by 82,466
      NH – Clinton by 1,437 votes

13. Walt says:

The People finally

14. Pepperjelly says:

Glenn Beck: “I will call Donald Trump and offer my support.”

Well that’s awfully arrogant after all the trash he spewed the last 17months. I sure hope the President Elect is too busy Making America Great Again to take a call from this clown.

15. nomobama says:

Congratulations Donald J. Trump. I knew that he could do it! Finally, a president for us!

16. redlegleader68 says:

My very Deplorable Canadian friend just sent me this EMERGENCY photo:

17. Paula says:

So happy and thankful today. I can’t wait for President Trump to get started. It was be a glorious day to see the Obamas leave the WH.

18. redsequin4 says:

• Concerned Virginian says:

O
      M
      G

• Educated Citizen says:

I would have been worse (NM and CO) that is why O gave a green light for the illegals to vote.

• redsequin4 says:

I’m going to borrow a page from Harry Potter and call O “he who shall not be named”. Call me crazy but those were treasonous statements, as I said many times he should have been impeached a long time ago but now we have President Trump so I hopefully I can put these last 8 years in the rear view mirror. Can’t wait to watch him leave the WH for good.

• JohnP says:

Hillary repeated the same mistake she made in the 2008 primary. She went for individual votes not delegates/electoral college votes. She won the primary by 272,809 votes, but Barry beat her with 2272 1/2 delegates to 1,978.

• redsequin4 says:

Plus she’s corrupt as hell and should have been indicted. A really terrible candidate.

And the voice, the voice. Imagine listening to that screeching for 4 or 8 years.

• JoeS says:

18.75 States!

19. Scarlet Gold says:

From Mrs. Clinton’s concession speech this morning:

“We have seen our nation is more deeply divided than we thought, but I still believe in America and I always will,” she continued. “And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead. Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power. And we don’t just respect that, we cherish it.”

I am truly amazed. This is the leader of the team that trashed the White House on the way out the door in 2001. What I expected, and what I am sure a lot of other people expected, was a subtle call to begin an insurrection. Instead, this old ’60s radical called for unity and peace.

For the first time since I first learned of her so many years ago, I have a small measure of good will towards her.

Somehow, she has grown.

• lzap says:

Is that her Public or Private position?

• james23 says:

Her supporters on the other hand will show no class
      got this message at my office in philly a few minutes ago:

Today, November 9, 2016, at 6:00pm, protestors will gather at City Hall for a “Protest Trump in Philly” demonstration. The number of people interested in attending is growing via social media.

So, less than 24 hours after winning election, and two months before starting the job, the Bitter Left is organizing protests of President Trump. Some things will never change.

• Bart Manson ✓ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ says:

She doesn’t believe a single thing she said.

• Jason says:

“We have seen our nation is **more deeply divided than we thought* ”

Of course the only reason why she could have lost was because “we are MORE DIVIDED” (racist? sexist?) than we (MSM?/Pollsters?) thought

Her speech did seem fairly gracious but it still included those little quips to keep the narrative alive.

• Educated Citizen says:

She did not have this speech ready last night so she had to wait till today morning. Last night she only had the victory speech and fireworks

• BakoCarl says:

What makes you think she is saying what’s truly in her heart, rather than what she thinks is expedient for her at this particular moment in time?

• 7delta says:

“We have seen our nation is more deeply divided than we thought…”

Uh no. Actually what we’ve seen is our nation is less divided than she thought. Turns out she’s just on wrong side of the divide, the tiny side, and hoped we wouldn’t notice.

• budmc says:

That was her public self speaking. Her private self has the exact opposite belief.

• bearsgrrr says:

First, she didn’t write that. She read it off the teleprompter. Second, she knows she may still be prosecuted. Third, how many times does a snake have to bite you before you stop taking it in?

• SamSteel says:

Be thou not swayed by the honeyed words that drip with poison. The rest of her speech called for the division of the country and for her adherents to mount an insurrection. The words, couched in campaignese, are quite divisive.

Obama had honey words that dripped with poison as well. Both of these individuals are hypocrites of the highest order and trust should be not on the table for them. The knife hidden in the sleeve, is only an inch away. Weary be thee, lest they sway thy mind.

• Concerned Virginian says:

No, Hillary hasn’t “grown”. She’s already angling for leniency, Presidential pardon, etc.

• Miss America says:

Hillary hasn’t changed. She’s just hoping President Trump won’t appoint a special prosecutor, so she’s sucking up for now.

• MaineCoon says:

I think Cankles finally knew the gig was up. Rejected. The People are not buying into her lies. Totally rejected. So she whips up a nice-sounding, beautiful-love-this-country concession speech —to depart on a good note hoping the People will forgive and forget.

We won’t.

Vengeance is Mine, said the Lord.

He’s not finished with Hillary Clinton or Slick.

20. moe2004 says:

I have such a peaceful feeling today, we won! Totally pooped, but DH and I are going out to celebrate tonight. A five course dinner and wine tasting at the best Italian place in town. We have never done anything like this before and we figured we’d be celebrating or downing our sorrows, glad we will be celebrating! Think I need a nap.

21. Jan Sanne says:

Hillary looks out for herself.
    She doesn’t want to charged with the many crimes she has committed. He speech was total BS.

• Disgusted says:

I think she doesn’t want him to make good on his fabulous line from the debate when he said she’d be in prison (or was it jail)? That was so gutsy and honest! I want THAT guy, standing up to her again. No THANKING her for her “service to the country” because we know she was ripping this country off from their start back in Arkansas. I don’t want to forget why we wanted Trump. I want a wall, a drained swamp, a stopping of imported muslim people who do not belong in this western world, jobs, energy independence, No Common Core(?), no Iran deal, no TPP, no o- care, Just please remember all these promised achievements. PLEASE !!!

22. lzap says:

Deplorable 1 Clinton et all 0

She never should of called my Deplorable brothers irredeemable. It focused myself and others.

Who is next? Maybe the mechanics of election. So much fraud, and so important.
    Or, maybe MSM, maybe the Clintonistas Foundations and other money laundering schemes, maybe Internet freedom, maybe be Congress needs to be put on a leash and get with the program or loose their seats, so many other good chooses. A target rich environment.

I thought about the above, but now is a time to celebrate. “While work makes Jack”, reflection and enjoyment are also important. In the last few days, I began to feel like I am in my 20s right now, which was a flew hard decades ago, that is why I went back to my old name that I used in college.

Froggie,
    the Barbarian

• Educated Citizen says:

LOCK HER UP …. am I deplorable and irredeemable

• lzap says:

You are great.

Wear the badge of Deplorable with honor. It represents fighting for freedom from slavery.
        No, you are not irredeemable no one is, but you have nothing to be deemable from.

“Lock her up”, the Presidency Donald J. Trump, needs to be formed with special care of appointing a great Attorney General, who intern will appoint many great assistant prosecutors. These are the guys and gals that need to start the process to reestablish the rule of law. There needs to be many many prosecutions, fun. So many investigations, fun. The wikileaks and others show corruption on industrial scale. I think it even includes the trade agreements.

I do think she will avoid prison, not by jury but by flight or illness.

• rick says:

And throw away the key…

23. majorstar says:

Okay, with the dust now clearing and with all due respect, why was the “monster vote” a myth? I expected Trump to win going away, in a Reaganesque landslide per the monster vote and poll fraud projected by the media. Instead, we saw Hillary win the popular vote (at least so far) and Trump garnering less votes (59.5 million) than Romney (60.6 million). Trump’s margins in the batteground states that put him over the top were razor thin causing the victory to be in doubt till about 3:30 am ET.

While the media polls distorted the landscape by 4 or 5 points for Hillary, the LA Times and IBD polls overstated Trump’s position by 2-3 points. The poll distortion seems mainly to have been made in state polls in battleground states, but not by that much given the closeness of the races.

Sundance, how do you explain the, well, failure of the “monster vote” theory? I don’t see any way it can be sustained as realistic and I still see grave difficulty in Republicans winning presidential elections going forward against opponents not as lame as Hillary.

• Jason says:

at 4:00 pm EST Drudge was predicting 140 million. Most of the early voting states were having reports of record turnouts (see PA, projected as much as 80% of registered voters might turn out, but final result show only 66% voted… or maybe ‘counted’ is more appropriate).

So many seemed to believe that we were going to, or were on track for some HUGE numbers. Either the people who got off work decided not to vote en masse, or something else happened.

• patrickhenryrevisited says:

Consider that the monster vote did show up for Trump, and that a great number of the democrat base; did not, for hillary.

• auscitizenmom says:

Election tampering. We saw evidence of this all over.

• mimbler says:

I suspect it was a combination of the establishment Gop depressing turnout by refusing to support him, the unrelenting press attacks (including fox), and of course election fraud.
      Mike

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Well I have a theory. Although we and many others think highly of Mr Trump I suspect an awful lot of people didn’t like either candidate and stayed home. I know that one of my neighbors who is a strong republican and Bush defender voted for the down ticket but not for president because he hates both candidates. He would have voted for any of the republicans in the primaries apart from Trump or Cruz.
      That is only one person but it shows how strong some peoples feelings are towards Trump.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

PS, He gets all of his news from Fox and nothing but Fox.
        He thinks that the special report crew are the be all and all of political Annalists.

• Lanna says:

So basically Trump brought a lot of new republicans into the tent but lost a lot of the old ones. I believe Trump’s actions will speak louder than words and will.hopefully be enough to bring the old guard back in time for 2020.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Just a theory. I don’t know how many people like the guy I know there actually are. We know there are plenty of never Trumpers though.
          My hunch is that Trump has changed the Republican party. It is now more blue collar. And that in my opinion is a good thing.

• Summer says:

I have never subscribed to the idea of “it’s not gonna be close” etc. I always thought it would be very, very close and stated that many times on these boards. Why?

Trump was generally as unpopular as Hillary (thanks to the avalanche of negativity poured on him from every imaginable direction, including the “true conservatives”;
      Demographics — the ultimate weapon of mass destruction;
      Fundamental transformation, cultural Marxism, SJW infestation, pseudo-intellectualism, you name it;
      Massive amount of money and effort invested by literally every member of the international NWO cabal;
      Fraud.

What Trump did is nothing short of miracle. Now they are planning to assasinate him, I have no doubt.

• KitKat says:

The many news stories about unprecedented line-ups of voters seemed to indicate monster vote.

• lzap says:

There was voter depression by the GOPe traitors with even two coup attempts of the nominee, MSM especially Fox, FBI on then off again investigation specifically to get Trump off message and then depress us when they “exonerated her”. They even made Trump the second coming of Hitler in many good minds.

Fraud. Ban all DRE (direct recording equipment, computer) voting machines, they do not count the votes right, and are so slow to vote on. Require same day voting, except under special circumstance (such as sickness, or military service); Congress has the authority to require voting on the day of the election. It just needs to define voting.

The bottom line is: We won, they Lost. We have the Presidency, the Senate and the House.

• KitKat says:

In an odd way it’s good that the nevertrumpers emerged, because they are out in the open, instead of covertly hiding being the tag ‘Republican’ from which they would stab his back.

• majorstar says:

Thanks for all the replies, it’s a good discussion. I thought Trump was supposedly getting a high percentage of Republican voters by election day but maybe not. I just felt a strong pang of disappointment when I saw Trump behind in FL before the panhandle votes came in. Trump lost a good percentage of votes for some reason, obviously. I don’t really see how “election tampering” though could account for a reduction of 13 million votes.

Again, I’d like to see SD address all this in a separate post.

• Deb says:

Sundance always said the monster vote was out there, it was up to us to get out the vote. Obviously some of them stayed home. Was it the negative coverage and ads? I’m sure that was part of it. I saw on Fox that Trump got 90% of the Republican vote, but that’s of the Republicans who voted. I’m not sure how many Republicans stayed home. I think the ads definitely scared away some Bernie supporters who just stayed home.

Either way, Hillary had the worst Electoral College showing of any Dem in 28 years. This is a historic win.

24. bekfl says:

Merry Christmas!!

25. StormyeyesC says:

When Donald Trump is sworn in as president of the USA, he will be 70 years, 7 months, and 7 days old. His first full day as President, the 21st day of 2017 he will be 70 years, 7 months, 7 days old. This would be the 110th day of year 5777 on the Hebrew calendar. The 21st (7+7+7) day of 2017, the first full day Obama is set to leave office, will be 14 (7+7) days shy of Obama’s 666th month of life.
    Trump was born 700 days before Israel returned as a nation on May 14, 1948. Born 700 days before Israel, would begin reign in the United States 7 months and 7 days into his 70th year.

• we300 says:

I’m so intrigued by your numbers, but I have no idea what your message is. 😀 Could you elaborate?

• KitKat says:

perhaps it has to do with the mystical properties that are often attached to the number seven, completion and perfection.

• Numerology: spiritual forces, the most sacred of all numbers, perfection, creation (seven days), might be associated with the desire for change, the seventh chakra is associated with universal love and oneness.

I see a lot of light around him which is why the dark forces are being drawn out and are writhing like snakes….I’m not really into the satanist stuff but I feel like a lot of dark energy has penetrated the younger generation, particularly the young women.

During the paid protests here it was the young women giving Trump supporters the finger and saying F**ck you and it seems this is continuing on. I don’t know but I think the next generation, their children, will be more like the older generation…runs in cycles. I sure hope those young women come into some type of maturity. Nasty people.

• we300 says:

Thank you. I was not aware that the number 7 had such a designation.

26. southernmom19 says:

It’s funny. I thought that I would want to brag and rub leftists’ faces in this inevitable victory, but instead I find myself not caring about taunting them whatsoever. The opposite of love truly is indifference.

• Sandra says:

I also don’t feel like rubbing it into their faces. I’m confident that they will soon learn that President Trump is GOOD for the country and that their irrational paranoia and hate was completely unfounded. And maybe they’ll learn from the experience. It’s their own mistake, they didn’t properly vet the candidates. If they had bothered to learn who Trump really is they would have probably voted for him. 🙂

• majorstar says:

They’re all being nice and conciliatory in the aftermath of the vote. It’s hard to retain a hardened heart when people are calling for unity as Americans and goodwill is now flowing so freely. And DJT is adopting a magnanimous stance as well at the moment. But we cannot forget the cheating and fraud by Hillary’s campaign, how vicious they were inciting violence against Trump rallies all campaign long and claiming it was Trump, how the media and GOPe neverTrumpers smeared Trump and his character unceasingly all campaign long. It was all so beyond the pale that we can’t afford to forget their detestable actions.

27. I was just over at HuffPo. Hilarious stuff!

Banner headline: “The Worst 100 Days”.

The comments were even better: Sad sacks trying to outdo one another’s sob story about what losing their health insurance will mean (“I hope the cancer doesn’t come back …”; a single mom raises the stakes with diabetes and an autistic son, fears they will both die in the street now that Trump is president.)

Best election EVER!!!

• Educated Citizen says:

They are all scared because now they will have to work real jobs.

• I’m not sure why they are so sure they won’t be able to hold onto their insurance. Pay the premiums and don’t let it lapse, you’ll be fine.

It’s wonderful to behold the wailing and gnashing of teeth from those arrogant tools.

They’re certain Trump will begin with mass deportations followed by re-segregation and conversion therapy for the gays. Oh, and forced childbirth.

• Dave Radetsky says:

They probably get it through their employer and the employer pays for it. HuffPo could fail with the changes in American politics and that would mean the employees would eventually have no insurance through them.

28. Rita Meter Maid says:

I find it interesting that no one here is commenting about how far off the CTH prediction was for voter turnout. The fact we won is even more amazing when the monster vote didn’t turn out. If I remember correctly, last spring it was said that about 73 million would vote for Trump but from what I see today it appears that just over 59 million voted for him and, of course, they’re still counting. At this point Hillary does have a couple hundred thousand more votes than Trump, but he won more for the Electoral College vote next month and that’s all that matters. I suspect Clinton isn’t fighting because of two things. First, she knows that constitutionally only the Electoral College vote matters so she’d have a hard court fight. And second, she probably realizes that if she fights Trump will definitely have his new AG continue investigating her whereas if she just quietly goes away and appears to be professional and polite, it might get dropped.

Regardless, we owe even more thanks to God for the win when so many less people actually voted than we had thought would happen.

• Michelle says:

I would not be suprised if a lot of those votes were electronically flipped to Clinton.

• BobW462 says:

If the Dems challenge, their (failed) fraud attempts will be uncovered, and they know this.

• Jason says:

I believe you are on to something. Given many of the margins for wins, it’s rather curious there wasn’t more chatter about challenging.

• BobW462 says:

They won’t risk the potential consequences with the electorate so obviously screaming for Trump.

In this case, they’d rather go quietly and keep their “secrets” viable for use in another election.

“Discretion is the better part of valor”.

• BakoCarl says:

“whereas if she just quietly goes away and appears to be professional and polite, it might get dropped” . . .

I hope Mr. Trump is the kind of person that doesn’t particularly care if Hillary worshipped him or called him the biggest azzhat of the century. What matters is the rule of law and the facts of the case.

• Dave Radetsky says:

While I agree with you and I think he doesn’t care what people think of him, I do realize that if Obama doesn’t pardon her (and I’d be stunned if he didn’t), prosecuting her would be a process of negotiation with the GOPe and Democrats in Congress. They will stand with her and say that we can’t have the image of prosecuting someone with her credentials and if Trump does have her prosecuted they’ll block all of his legislation. That is a very real possibility. Remember that in 1999 the Republicans in the Senate joined with the Democrats to protect Bill Clinton and not convict him in his impeachment trial.

• Lanna says:

Yes, Barry pardoning her would likely be the most politically advantageous for Trump. But the Foundation is a whole other story. Charles Ortel has already done amazing forensic audit work on it, the IRS could just do the job they were meant to do.

• kathyca says:

Shows how close to the precipice we really were, imo.

• Suncc49 says:

Vote shaving in Florida and PA OH

• In NC, it took place in the governor and attorney general offices. The extreme left wants to turn NC blue…the most vulnerable of the southern states because so many people have retired here over the past 20 years.

I think they selected those two offices because they can veto and refuse to enforce laws and constitutional amendments approved by the citizens. McCrory is not conceding, there was some weird stuff going on, all votes have not been counted yet such as absentee, military, provisional, and that won’t be complete for another week or so. There could be a complete recount.

29. rsanchez1990 says:

I was at Starbucks today and overheard a conversation between a few ladies. One of the ladies said something like, “all my friends were for Clinton, they didn’t say so but I just know.” (This is in Florida) I just thought to myself, “mmhmm, yeah right lady.”

30. NHVoter says:

31. Eric Kennedy says:

• Lucille says:

Of course we did. We know an alpha male when we see one. We know someone who can inspire us via demanding excellence and not the PC blather of “winning just isn’t fair.” We know that men in our PC society have been insulted, their sexuality demeaned, and their God-given need to protect the vulnerable disparaged. We know that if we work at something with dedication and discernment, we, too, can succeed.

We know we are empowered by all those like President-elect Trump and Vice President-elect Pence who encourage us to be the best, most caring and loving human beings we can be. God bless them both!

32. Lucille says:

I missed this Judicial Watch post the other day. In case you did, too, here’s the stupidity of the day from the 7th:

“State Dept. Has up to 31,000 Pages of New Clinton Records from the FBI’s Investigation; Wants Five Years to Process Them”
    November 07, 2016

33. el says:

Stefan Molyneux – Donald Trump Wins! Hillary Clinton Loses! | U.S. Presidential Election

34. Chris says:

I just wanted to say that tomorrow is my 29th birthday, and I couldn’t have asked for a better gift. I wanted nothing more than for Mr. Trump to win. I am completely overjoyed. Thank you everyone for helping to make his victory possible. CTH has been an amazing source of information/support, and I can’t imagine not having this website. I know that we still have a long road ahead of us, but this is a great start.

35. lawrencepaul1 says:

So not only rural white males then.

Exit Polls Suggest Latinos Rallied For Trump Despite Rhetoric From Left

36. 2x4x8 says:

……………………. Trump Can’t Hear Me ……………………..

No Globalist Establishment, donator to Hillary Clinton, 17 year Goldman Sachs Banker, that worked for George Soros for Secretary of the Treasury named Steve Mnuchin

just say F’n NO

37. lawrencepaul1 says:

Well the Wall Street banks may own Clinton but it appears that the traders are not fond of her.

“Lock Her Up”: NYSE Floor Traders Boo, Shout During Hillary Concession Speech

38. Pam says:

39. Dale says:

Cutting off all federal funds to sanctuary cities will save a lot of money… use the money saved to build the wall and send the bill to Mexico.

40. Vixey says:

Sorry if this has been posted already. Putin reacts to Trump victory. He begins his remarks around the 14:32 mark.

41. Lucille says:

You’ve likely all seen this. However, you might want to preserve and watch it for pleasure during the next four years and beyond.

Donald Trump Elected President – Full Victory Speech 11/9/16

Right Side Broadcasting

• fedback says:

Did people notice at the end of the speech as Mr. Trump says ‘thank you to Mike Pence’ and they shake hands you can hear Mike Pence saying ‘Congratulations Mr. President’.
      At least I think so and I found it very touching and a testimony to the character of Mike Pence, the perfect right hand man for Mr. Trump

42. TheTorch says:

and it just gets better: