October 23rd – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “2016 Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Presidential Race and/or any of the candidates therein.

trump pence 6

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,661 Responses to October 23rd – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

1. Katherine McCoun says:

If you are nervous about volunteering or don’t think you can talk to people on the phones or go door to door there are many other ways you can help. You might could work in an office to help make the signs, or count them and bundle them for the county GOP offices who are buying them, you can answer the phones, you can help do the sales orders, you can deliver signs to people who want them but can’t come during office hours and there are many, MANY other ways to help besides talking directly with people that may or may not be a supporter and may give you negative.

There are phone calls to make now called “GOTV” which means get out the vote. Most of these calls are to people who are “R” and most have already expressed support for Mr. Trump. These calls are just to encourage and remind them to actually go vote, make sure they know where (you will have a list of precincts or can have the web site open and just type in their address to find out where they are supposed to go vote if they have any questions) or give them a number to request an absentee ballot (again, I just use a search engine before I call, find that state’s info page and have it ready in case I get questions and yes, people could do this for themselves but some just don’t but your call will help them along and will get Mr. Trump 1 more vote!).

The GOTV phone calls are awesome because everyone is positive and encouraging (for the most part) and rare to get any negative at all because they have already indicated they support Mr. Trump to be on this list in the first place. I LOVED making these calls in a state right before the primary and the day of a primary because they were positive and often enthusiastic! Also, short and brief.

You wouldn’t think people would honestly forget to vote but they do and GOTV calls Really do make a difference! I remember MO primary esp. That was one that I called for lots of hours in the week leading up the primary as it was Close with Ted. Then the day of the primary I switched to just GOTV and it really got fun. Called people all day and sure enough, some had forgotten that today was the day! One lady said that she had meant to go that morning and then got half way to work on auto pilot and had totally forgotten. Then she thought she would just leave early from work. By the time I called last afternoon she had forgotten again. She was so excited I called and was leaving as soon as we hung up to dash on over and vote for Mr. Trump! Several that day that had totally forgotten.

Mr. Trump only won MO by 1600 votes! I called that many and more that week (didn’t always find people home though) and I know that not everybody I talked to changed their minds and voted for him but it was so close I and my fellow callers, as well as all of those knocking on doors and putting out signs, etc. made the difference! If we all just helped get a few votes and he won my 1600, well those votes the volunteers helped get him put it over!

Thank you to the many volunteers helping Mr. Trump. We really do make a difference! Please find a way to be part of the team and help. There is nothing like a Trump victory…except one that you actually played a small role in and feel apart of. I feel like I am part of history now like my ancestors who have fought Americas wars, Rev. War and were pioneers and settlers. And yes this campaign is Really that important! MAGA

• Alison says:

Katherine, thank you! These ground reports are every bit as important & motivating to me as the rally reports. I have done ‘some of everything’ & I start working Wed at county election office, but I will make some GOTV calls, thanks to you. We DO need every vote!

• yakmaster2 says:

THANK YOU, Katherine. You’ve worked hard for the Trump Campaign throughout both the Primary and the General. (((👏)))

• Trumped says:

Can I post this on other places?(with your name or without..?)

• Katherine McCoun says:

Sure – anything to help Mr. Trump MAGA! I post to encourage others to volunteer and give others ideas on how to join in. Also, to let others who are already volunteering now that they are not alone and many others are in there trying our best to help Mr. Trump.

Name is fine to use as it is a combination of my great, great, great, great grandmother’s names from the Rev War era and who helped settle KY. I choose it as I started posting here as a way to encourage myself to do what I needed (and could) do to help Mr. Trump MAGA and give myself some backbone. Also because I think this is just as important of an event in our country as that time was.

2. waltherppk says:

Hillary Medical Diagnosis Released

3. Dora says:

4. Howie says:

RE Conway….

5. budmc says:

• Notmeagain says:

like. Don’t promise things unless you expect to live them because they will come true.

• heidi says:

An article appeared in (October 17, 2016) Boston Tribune titled “First Grandma to Receive $160K Lifetime Pension.”
        Marian Robinson is Michelle Obama’s mother. When the Obamas moved into the White House in 2008, Grandma Robinson came along to care for her grandchildren, Malia and Sasha.
        When the Obamas leave the White House in January 2017, for her eight years of “service” — caring for her own grandchildren, for God’s sake — she will receive a lifetime pension of $160,000 per year — of our taxpayer dollars, of course. She should not receive one friggin’ dime!
        The Boston Tribune article states that it confirmed this information through a Freedom of Information request.
        I think my head is going to explode….

6. budmc says:

7. Lucille says:

“Video: Robert Spencer on “hate speech,” the war on free speech, and Hillary Clinton”
    October 23, 2016 11:15 AM BY Robert Spencer

8. Jimmy Jack says:

Alex Jones is on the lit the podium not only in the 1st debate but also in the 3rd debate.

I bet we were the first to notice this int he 1st debate. Interesting to see it still happened in the 3rd debate.

9. Katherine McCoun says:

One more note about volunteering. If you are nervous, I understand! I still get butterflies in my stomach when I am making phone calls but back when I first started you would have thought I was facing people in person with a million person audience. That is how nervous I felt!

I would keep this web site up and read the comments on the open thread or have one of Mr. Trump’s rallies playing and read the comments as he talked to keep positive and encouraging things on and help be feel brave and bold. I would play you tube videos of patriotic music to gain a little inner strength before and sometimes in between calls.

This was not just due to negative (and I won’t lie, there is some out there) but because I was that nervous even on positive calls with people that strongly support Mr. Trump! But I kept doing it anyway because I felt that this primary and Mr. Trump’s platform were that important!

And I never have gotten “good” at it in that I still might get tongue tied, mess up the script, never cover everything they want me to, some times get to talking with people (NEVER argued) and had the dog barking and my child interrupt and all kinds of things. I even burped one time which was REALLY embarrassing! At that point in the primary I was spending 6-8 hours a day on the phones and sometimes snacking between calls as I didn’t want to loose a minute of prime calling time and there were many states in play at that point as I could call in the western states after it was too late in my time zone. One time I didn’t think anyone was going to answer and had just put chips in my mouth when they did! Most of the time they just laughed it off and then listened to what I had to say. Boy, do I screw up sometimes but I always stay polite, personable and nice and give it my best.

I share these things so that you will know that if I can do it surely you can do! I always just told people that I am a volunteer and a housewife and Please don’t let my mess ups reflect on Mr. Trump as he is much more professional than I am! Due to my accent and errors and the dog barking, etc. I have a number of people realize I am not a recording and exclaim Oh, You are a Real person! So maybe my mess ups help! 🙂 The point is to do it and you will get better and get braver and gain in confidence.

You are just looking for excited Mr. Trump supporters to put on the GOTV lists for call backs, to encourage them to vote while you got them on the phone (esp. if early voting as started in their state), to see if they want to volunteer, want yard signs, etc. and occasionally answer some questions and move on to the next person. And your state might be different but this is pretty typical from my experience.

Volunteering on the phones, taking initiative and find other ways to help (there has not been much local leadership in actually doing stuff for Mr. Trump ever since the primary and even the leadership at the point left lots of room for independence, initiative and self determination) has changed my life. Confidence is just one thing I have gained. I am a different person than I was a year ago and now I am getting involved at the local level as I have seen that I am capable. Most importantly I feel like I have made a difference and have earned self esteem in this area.

I got to the point that I look forward to the make calluses I “meet” some wonderful people. I have shared lots of stories, esp. in the primary. Great memories and a life changing and personal growth experience.

Please join in and help Mr. Trump fight for us, our country and our future! MAGA!!!

10. lawrencepaul1 says:

Well Trump has certainly started to win over many of the anti Washington Libertarian crowd. These are people who once supporter Ron Paul but day by day more and more of them step onto the Trump train.

Trump “Truthers” Versus Hillary’s “Hysterically Hyperventilating Hypocrites”

• rsanchez1990 says:

They tried to do to Donald Trump what they (the GOPe) did to Ron Paul, only Donald Trump was strong enough and had more than enough support to sweep the GOPe aside, even though they continue to try to undermine Trump.

Trump is what Ron Paul supporters have wanted for years.

11. Liked by 4 people

12. Yankee Lawyer says:

Can’t wait to see tomorrow’s installment from O’Keefe. Feels like Christmas Eve.

13. lawrencepaul1 says:

There is so much stuff out there now that the msm have to talk about it whether they want to or not.
    No way on earth will Clinton win this thing.

Dems Squirm On Sunday Morning Talk Shows As WikiLeaks And O’Keefe Promise More Surprises

14. ssupsky says:

If anyone is going to the Tampa rally tomorrow, please get lots of photos.

2 miles from my house and I can’t go due to surgery.

15. Liked by 7 people

• piper567 says:

if they are panicked now, we can look forward with great glee to Nov 9th!

• JohnPaulJohnes says:

yup.
      Fake polling is supposed to be cover-story for rigged electronic landslide for HRC.

Polls say Trump is winning or clobbering her, there will be some explaining to do with rigged electronic machines.

• Ace says:

If they are going to steal, they must get the fake polls as close to the exit polls as possible. I think this is just to try to depress the “monster vote”.

• James O'Malley says:

We’ve successfully jumped over every hurdle, including the notion that “Trump can’t win,” but there are two, final hurdles:

Election Day, and Fraud.

Assuming a fair race, Trump wins. He knows this, Hillary knows this, the media knows this, the electorate knows this.

But fraud remains the one, very big unknown.

With so many key states using voting machines without any form of a paper trail, it begs the question of how do we realistically stop it? The guys over at Reddit have done an excellent job in detailing this and how to fight it, but this is a job that should’ve been started months ago. Fraudsters could easily make the argument of “well it was a close race and Hillary was expected to win anyway.”

How do we realistically prevent this?

• maxx power says:

The only way I can think of to negate the vote flipping is some kind of political kill shot. Something that turns off a significant amount of clinton’s already slipping support. Without a large turnout for her, she can’t flip as many votes. We see this Trump surge, that’s very good of course but we need to get him outside the margin of fraud. A Trump 3% lead is meaningless. She can flip that away in ten minutes. We need a much bigger lead in real world numbers. At least in PA, Ohio, FLA, NC. FLA now has paper ballots I believe, so that’s very important. BTW, the dead voters, & the bused in voters etc are insignificant compared to vote flipping. That’s where the big fraud numbers are. Let’s see if we get that kill shot tomorrow. I still think Trump will landslide her azz, because the numbers & excitement are there. While she has nothing.

16. Pam says:

17. average Joe says:

The Rinos Ultimately Must Pay

18. tellthetruth2016 says:

Katherine,. Thanks for that post,. That is real life, I too do better on phones because it seems like some But not all that works at the campaign offices are there for people running for Senate or some other office And not for our Mr. TRUMP…….I think the most help will need to come now from Watching at the polling places where the voter fraud will happen……..People in my area are saying they don’t need help there BUT, I plan on driving around to see if any “buses” are pulling up or anything that just doesn’t look right, Even if I have to go in to see for myself……..

19. NYGuy54 says:

Eli Manning of the NY Giants appears to yell out Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump! during his snap count today.

• rich33y says:

Even if he did it as a show of support I’d tell him the same thing I’d say to the Jack-Nut from San Francisco. Keep your opinion and politics out of professional sports.

I will not watch another game until the NFL grows a pair and puts a stop to it.

• Trumped says:

You can say that again when the North American Union Hymne is sung when your favourite team is beaten by Mexico City!
        Every voice counts!

TRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMP

20. Drazil says:

New point of democrat desperation. I have been noticing a lot of democrats signs at locations that don’t belong to people. Such as under bridges and cornors of empty lots. Now I am seeing a lot of hillary signs at those places. Had to just pop up today. I also saw 3 houses on a row with hillary and Murphy signs at the same distance from road. Like someone placed them from the sidewalk. I think they are placing them in peoples yard hoping they won’t be removed. I am working. I will try to post I’d I see them removed.

• piper567 says:

was coming home from a trip down to Oregon, on I-5, and there were folks on overpasses with huge flags and TRUMP signs. sweet !!! lights flashing and horns honking. one libtard w/single digit out of sunroof. We honked and flashed lights. God bless these folks !!!

21. Patriot1783 says:

From one I’m sure that knows Clinton record. NY Senator reminds all of her destructive history .

22. JohnPaulJohnes says:

Just doing my duty.

23. JohnPaulJohnes says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

24. rsanchez1990 says:

Judge orders eagleforum.org website to take down all pro-Trump material posted after April 10th:

A bunch of harpies are fighting to destroy what Phillis Schlafly built and use her name to push a message she was against. Absolutely despicable.

25. Bacall says:

Scott Adams posted a novel speech idea for Trump to squeeze into the last 2 weeks; he believes that many Dems who currently lean Clinton are only doing so because of the meme that he will cause a nuclear war. Adams’ suggestion is to describe the non=classified nuclear code system in a generic way that shows that he can not and would not act in hast. I am paraphrasing but thought it worthwhile to pass along. Although Adams has disclaimed Trump and has written many “tongue in cheek” blog items, this seemed a plausible idea which may be pinpointing a genuine concern among reachables. I live in LALA land I don’t know any persuadable Dems still undecided.

• Trumped says:

You need to reach these people first. The media will twist it.
      Hillary spilling the nuclear response time at the debate would have been an opening to do it. Maybe an ad into that direction.

26. average Joe says:

One more good sign for a Trump victory, pitchfork futures are down 27%!😂😂😂

27. Ace says:

28. Ace says:

Berners not happy about this

• sunnydaze says:

It’s been clear to me that, especially since that 1%’er Wall Street Movement (can’t even remember anymore what it was called!) that “movements” on the Left are NEVER Grassroots, they are always directed from the Top > Down.

It’s interesting to see a Wikileaks that lays out the way they do it.

29. Ace says:

Whoa, is the current photo headline on Drudge a preview of a much rumored video???

30. Timmy-the-Ute says:

Just got polled by CSI Research. Who are they?

31. Pam says:

32. Dora says:

33. Shipley130 says:

I am wondering if Hillary hired Tim Kaine as veep so she can use him as the Trojan Horse for her Catholic Spring. I really do think Hillary thinks of of herself as the best political operator that has ever been and that is why she never “quits”.

• coldsnap says:

That’s funny stuff… this guy looks scared to death, is possibly wearing somebody else’s suit, and he sure doesn’t know his place… man, oh, man, though … he loves some Tim McCain! ; )

34. WeThePeople2016 says:

A ground report in Virginia:
    A guy just stopped by the house when my husband was mowing the lawn to ask where we got the Trump/Pence sign. He said he cannot find any – he stopped at the local office and they are all out of signs. He gave him a Trump sign that we had in the garage. We have given away many of them now – people just pull up in our driveway and ask for one. lol Anyway, he told him that we went to the rally yesterday in Virginia Beach, and the guy said he heard it was huge! The local news stations said there was 10,000 people there! That is the second person that we heard said the local news said 10,000 were in attendance. We were packed in there like sardines, literally. You could not turn around we were in there so tight. That is not bad for a 3-day notice.

35. pollyanna says:

Saw a tweet that Cankles is pulling out of FL on another comment thread here but can’t find any sourcing or evidence for it. Anybody know if there’s any truth to it?

36. BigMamaTEA says:

Let’s make this viral people……

37. quintrillion says:

Who is counting the votes? copied and pasted from reddit.com/r/the_donald

Centipedes, we have to ramp up the fight.

George Soros has ties to Smartmatic electronic voting machines, which are used in 16 states. That is why we have begun StopSoros, the goal being to contact as many Board of Election offices in counties that use these machines and demand they switch to paper ballots, due to conflict of interest.

DO NOT ASSUME OTHER PEOPLE ARE MAKING THE CALLS! We need you, patriot centipedes, to call as many Board of Election offices in these states. I have listed links to the phone numbers for the highest priority states at the bottom of this post.

Its not just Smartmatic. It turns out that Soros also has ties to Dominion Voting Systems, which are estimated to make up half of the electronic voting machines used in the US.

I found this out because Smartmatic has recently come out to say that they do not have any electronic voting machines being used in the US general election. This seemed odd to me, because it said on their site that their technology is used in 16 states.

I did a little digging and I found this. Its a long read, but the key points are:

Smartmatic, which is tied to Soros' Open Road Foundation, used to have a subsidiary called Sequoia

Sequoia electronic voting machines are used in the US general election

Sequoia was eventually sold to Dominion Voting Systems

However, Dominion Voting Systems did not acquire the rights to Smartmatic's IP, which is used by Sequoia voting machines.

This means Smartmatic still retains all legal ownership of the IP used in these machines

Dominion Voting Systems accounts for 50 percent of all electronic voting systems used in the US

Dominion acquired systems from ES&S

Dominion, ES&S, and another company called Hart Intercivic have all donated to HRC's campaign

For any county using Dominion Voting Systems, Sequoia or ES&S machines, you need to call your Board of Elections and demand they switch to paper ballots due to conflict of interest. If they tell you they don’t use Smartmatic, it doesn’t matter – Dominion Voting Systems may be just as bad.

CALL THESE PHONE NUMBERS RIGHT NOW:

Pennsylvania

Virginia

Indiana

Florida (Note: One centipede said they contacted and this is now mostly a paper ballot state now, but they could be a CTR plant. Call and doublecheck!)

Arizona

Michigan

Other Important States

You can find out what your county uses at this link: https://www.verifiedvoting.org/verifier/

You can find any county’s Board of Elections phone # here: http://www.countyoffice.org/fl-elections/

You can read more about the connections between Smartmatic, Sequoia, and Dominion here: http://www.truth-out.org/archive/item/90265-on-heels-of-dieboldpremier-purchase-canadian-firm-also-acquires-sequoia-lies-about-chavezties-in-announcement

360 commentsshare

top 200 commentsshow all 360
    sorted by: best

[–]maxg900 109 points 3 hours ago*

4 of the 5 of Hillary’s “must win” states use Soros’ voting machines. That’s some fishy shit.

edit:

Battleground states where Soros has his voting machines: Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, and Wisconsin.

Hillary's must win states where Soros has voting machines (4 of 5): Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Virginia

This should concern people on both sides of the aisle as it seems that our democracy is being undermined.

When mainstream media (NPR) is putting out articles titled “5 Reasons Not to Worry About a Rigged Election”, then its time to start asking questions.

We should ALWAYS be questioning the legitmacy of our voting machines and process as this is the base for which our election stands on. It concerns me that people who ask questions about the legitamacy of our voting machines/voting process are labeled conspiracy theorists. We should always be asking these questions, regardless of the mountains of evidence we currently have that points towards voter fraud.

permalinkembed

[–]EpyimperviousNC 33 points 2 hours ago

We need this to catch fire on twitter and Facebook #stopsoros

38. cheekymeeky says:

Here’s a real tell tail sign of what’s happening in Ohio. Matt Borges is on his knees now but it’s much too late.

39. Yeoman says:

In Minneapolis airport, CNN is on, maybe 50 people waiting on next flight. Only 1 was watching before Obama came on, then only 4 were watching (2 black, one mellenial, one over 60). I thought it was interesting

40. Mr. Izz says:

I wish, just for once, somebody on the news would point out that more “surrogates” are campaigning for Hillary than Hillary herself. Obama is all over CNN right now, and the thought hit me…. where’s Hillary? Does anyone know?

41. Has Trumps national political director stepped down? Does anyone have information about this and impact on campaign?

42. John22 says:

Malik Obama @ObamaMalik
    We prayed my brother would change for the better but it has gotten worse
    2:51 PM – 23 Oct 2016
    Malik Obama @ObamaMalik
    Trump will teach respect for good authority. Hillary no! No one believes her or likes her.
    2:49 PM – 23 Oct 2016